PDA

View Full Version : Opeth -- New York, NY -- May 26th, 2009

Polock91
05-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Fantastic show. We met all of Enslaved. Apart from Ivar and Grutle, I don't think they speak a word of English, I could be wrong. Either way, here's Enslaved's set:

To the Coast
Fusion of Sense and Earth
Ruun
As Fire Swept Clean the Earth
Ground
The Watcher
Isa

Opeth played a ridiculous show, as always. The set is pretty much the same as all the others. I guess the best part of the night is when we met Mikael and Axe. Both were pretty nice guys, and according to Mikael, they're TRYING to come back in March. Nothing was set in stone, but I guess we'll see. Here's the set:

Heir Apparent
Ghost of Perdition
Godhead's Lament
Wreath
Closure
The Night and the Silent Water
Lotus Eater
--------------------------------------
Fredrik Okesson solo
Demon of the Fall

great times were had.

SomewhereInTime72
05-27-2009, 12:38 AM
Man, I'm so jealous. :(

cladinshadows99
05-27-2009, 06:36 AM
They played karma???? they didn't play that when I saw them earlier in the month.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-27-2009, 10:28 AM
I really wish I could have gone to this....:(

kngdymond
05-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Opeth has gotten too boring and without the guitar player its really weak

Clayman01
05-28-2009, 06:11 AM
It was the same set for the last show of the tour on 5/27 in DC. They also did the Harvest sing along bit. I was hoping they'd throw in something extra for the last show, but they didn't. Really great show, both bands were outstanding. Though it seemed most of the crowd wasn't that into Enslaved which bummed me out. Almost 2hr set from Opeth was awesome.

SomewhereInTime72
05-28-2009, 08:02 AM

:tp:

John The Drummer
05-28-2009, 08:31 PM
No "The Drapery Falls"? That is very surprising!

The Ghost at Number One
06-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Fredrik Åkesson is twice the guitarist Peter Lindgren could ever hope to be (and I love Peter!), and an awesome singer to boot. Opeth's backing vocals sound AMAZING live.

Derelict
06-25-2009, 06:01 AM
Fredrik Åkesson is twice the guitarist Peter Lindgren could ever hope to be (and I love Peter!), and an awesome singer to boot. Opeth's backing vocals sound AMAZING live.

And he has a top notch pubefro

bootscoot
07-08-2009, 06:11 PM
kinda skimps out on fans of the older pre-roadrunner material. but none the less Opeth are amazing and even if they were to play a set of country music would be bad ass

HackedUpForBBQ
08-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Good to see that Opeth can switch up their setlist so much and still put on an amazing, crowd pleasing show..... this is very different from the set they played in the fall of '08 when I saw them last