PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Silence -- Pomona, CA -- May 24th, 2009

xStructualDefect
05-25-2009, 10:10 AM
This was part of Spring Breakdown 2009 @ the Glasshouse and Suicide Silence was headlining. As Blood Runs Black were supposed to play before SS but they cancelled a few days prior. I got there a band before SS because i did not want to deal with brocore faggot bands.

Suicide Silence comes on and the crowd is very into to it. Me, my friends, and other metalheads started a few mosh pits where were at. The few circle pits that were going on were fun too. Of course many of the faggot tough guy brocores were in the house mainly for the other bands that have played before. These lameasses stand in the middle of the pit the entire time just to wait for breakdowns so they can throw down, and if its not a breakdown they are standing there looking bored as fuck as if they came to see breakdowns and not the actual band.

Anyways SS put on a great show despite most of its lameass fans. This is probably the only deathcore band I like. Talk shit all you want about them but they are great and fun live.

Lifted
Bludgeoned To Death
The Price Of Beauty
Wake Up
Unanswered
No Time To Bleed
Girl of Glass
Your Creations
Engine #9 (Deftones cover)
No Pity For A Coward

MetalMarkLI
05-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Engine no.9 is a great cover. how did the new songs sound?

Metal_Head
05-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Awesome set! How is the song No Time to Bleed?

mankvill
05-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Newsflash: Suicide Silence is a faggot brocore band. :lol:

300%_Density
05-25-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't necessarily hate SS but playing 10 songs on a tour that you're headlining seems pretty weak. I know they aren't playing epic Dream Theater 15 minute songs. If I came their to see them headline I would feel short changed by a short set.

Derelict
05-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Ironic that this band played at something called Spring Breakdown

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-25-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't mean to troll around or anything, but bands like this just piss me off. Breakdowns in every song, wanna-be death metal vocals, "core" dancers going crazy to these guys...:mad:.

It's like the new nu-metal.

JuuKun
05-25-2009, 01:28 PM

Haha I didn't want to be the one to say it, but, yeah.

xStructualDefect
05-25-2009, 02:07 PM

you have a point. but im talking about bands who dress like brocore wiggers and act tough. ie Emmure. if you look at SS they look like metalheads and they always demand circle/mosh pits. this band actually gets pissed when there is alot of hardcore dancers.

Awesome set! How is the song No Time to Bleed? i don't really remembered how it sounded but i remember it sounding good. Mitch did they say this was the first time they have ever played it.

Engine no.9 is a great cover. how did the new songs sound?

they sounded great. the only one that i've heard before the show was Lifted, which in my opinion seems like an improvement for the band. its more melodic, less deathcoreness, less breakdowns, etc.

I don't mean to troll around or anything, but bands like this just piss me off. Breakdowns in every song, wanna-be death metal vocals, "core" dancers going crazy to these guys...:mad:.

It's like the new nu-metal.

i hate this genre of music as much as the next metalhead, but for some reason i like SS. i used to despise them and thought they were just another lame deathcore band with breakdowns, then i saw them live and it changed my mind.

mankvill
05-25-2009, 02:13 PM
i hate this genre of music as much as the next metalhead, but for some reason i like SS. i used to despise them and thought they were just another lame deathcore band with breakdowns, then i saw them live and it changed my mind.

I see where you're coming from. I can appreciate a deathcore band if they're okay live, but all the one's I've seen so far have just been shit with the possible slight exception of Animosity.

xStructualDefect
05-25-2009, 02:31 PM
I see where you're coming from. I can appreciate a deathcore band if they're okay live, but all the one's I've seen so far have just been shit with the possible slight exception of Animosity.

Yea i've had to see a lot of deathcore/metalcore bands and most of them have been complete shit. Besides SS, I thought Whitechapel was pretty good live when I saw them. I found SS very entertaining because they are very engergetic, the whole band is headbanging or windmill headbanging like crazy the entire time, and they dont act like tough guys at all like most deathcore bands, and overall just put on a great show.

Indestructible
05-25-2009, 02:36 PM
i like band that can actually sing

bunghole
05-25-2009, 02:42 PM

that Randy Blythe is quite the crooner huh? :rolleyes:

and though the rest of suicide silence doesn't look particularly stupid, this loser looks as stupid as any another deathcore turd
http://www.abortmag.com/abortpegs/ss1.jpg

I hate these kinda bands. I wouldn't hate em so much if they played with like bands, instead of crowding up tours with actual good bands

mankvill
05-25-2009, 02:58 PM

I don't.

Sanitarium78
05-25-2009, 03:56 PM
that Randy Blythe is quite the crooner huh? :rolleyes:

Randy may not sing but with the exception of NAG I can actually make out most what he's saying with his screaming and growling. I can't say the same for a lot of other artists i've heard sing like this. Maybe there are other guys out their who know how to actually pull it off like Randy that I haven't heard yet but SS isn't one of them.

Derelict
05-25-2009, 04:06 PM
I was completely offended by the fact that they played AFTER Samael on the Carcass tour. Of course, their constant breakdowns and overall shitty music were pretty offensive too.

metal_wolfxii
05-25-2009, 07:17 PM
I was completely offended by the fact that they played AFTER Samael on the Carcass tour. Of course, their constant breakdowns and overall shitty music were pretty offensive too.

I felt the same way, I mean after Samael? A band that can write some catchy stuff being second banana to a band that all the scene kids like? Fuck that. I honestly think SS is just as bad live as they are in the studio. I mean does the singer really need that goddamn stand to stand up on and hop on every now and again? I wish they could write one damn song with no breakdown in it and maybe I'd change my opinion on them

MunicipalWasted
05-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Deathcore ftw! Spring Breakdown, the whole thing, looked fucking sickk!

b_halperin
05-25-2009, 10:30 PM
you have a point. but im talking about bands who dress like brocore wiggers and act tough. ie Emmure. if you look at SS they look like metalheads and they always demand circle/mosh pits. this band actually gets pissed when there is alot of hardcore dancers.

they didn't seem to care much about the faggoty hxc kids when i had the misfortune of seeing them :tp:

mankvill
05-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Deathcore ftw! Spring Breakdown, the whole thing, looked fucking sickk!

wat

HailANDKill
05-26-2009, 01:51 AM
I unfortunately had to see these guys for the second time back in March with Carcass, and I just have to say the song Wake Up is RIDICULOUS.

TonyD
05-26-2009, 02:12 AM
http://www.abortmag.com/abortpegs/ss1.jpg

If we just forget about these bands now, 6 months will be up before we know it and we will never hear from them again.
The funny thing is that in 10 years these ever so popular rainbow-brite tats will be so faded that most of them will look like applesauce, and the 1-inch gauge holes will all be either shriveled out or sewn back up.

Derelict
05-26-2009, 06:00 AM
If we just forget about these bands now, 6 months will be up before we know it and we will never hear from them again.
The funny thing is that in 10 years these ever so popular rainbow-brite tats will be so faded that most of them will look like applesauce, and the 1-inch gauge holes will all be either shriveled out or sewn back up.

Yeah, but he will be the baddest dude at burger king in 5 years when the whole shitty band thing doesnt pan out

mastodon421
05-26-2009, 01:58 PM
They are actually pretty good live. I am not a fan of them on disc but they do put on a good show.

JuuKun
05-26-2009, 03:25 PM
They did a surprise set at the New England Metal and Hardcore Fest this year, on the day I happened to go.

From the moment they stepped on stage, I was eternally thankful I didn't pay for my ticket. Don't like em live or in studio.

bunghole
05-26-2009, 04:44 PM

yeah the guys with the gauged ears. what a bunch of losers. That shits gonna look funny on an old man

they'll go the way of barbed wire tattoos and tribal patterns. no one should get a tribal tattoo unless they lived in a tribe. a real one, out in some shitty third world country. and then if they got the tattoo the tribe should kill em and cannibalize em for being complete dorks

mastodon421
05-27-2009, 12:44 PM
They did a surprise set at the New England Metal and Hardcore Fest this year, on the day I happened to go.

From the moment they stepped on stage, I was eternally thankful I didn't pay for my ticket. Don't like em live or in studio.

I was at the New England Metal Fest when they showed up. That show was bad-ass.