PDA

View Full Version : Testament -- Sayreville, NJ -- May 22nd, 2009

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-23-2009, 06:58 AM
Before anything, this show was AMAZING. Seeing a legendary thrash band in a bar-orineted venue was just awesome, and the energy was just great. My only complaint were the hardcore dancing fags, but it's not like that ruined the experience of the show. Anyhow, me and some buddies started the morning with I-Hop and then we headed all the way to N.J., taking about 4 hours because we got lost (Mapquest sucks) and we stopped for food. It was a fun ride though, and we got there at 7 in the dot, so we got in line to enter the venue. Jeff from Lazarus A.D. was by his merch stand upon entry, so I got to meet him and talk to him for a bit, really down to earth guy. About 10-15 minutes after the doors opened, a local band called DTA went on, and they were pretty good, but my only complaint was I felt that the vocals didn't fit the genre they played, but overall it was still good. 20 minutes after them came Lazarus A.D., who were really damned good. They sounded tight, they had a great tone/sound, and they were all over the place active, which is really cool to see in new bands. Me and my friends went into the pit (no pun intended ;)) and started a headbanging line during Thou Shall Not Fear, so that was pretty cool :blaze:. As I said above, scene fags were all over the place, and it was surprising (in a negative way) and disheartening to see them hardcore dance to a great thrash metal band. They did that to DTA too, and it was embarassing to see great music be danced to by Warped Tour/Bamboozle loving losers :mad:. All in all, Lazarus were great, and I will definately be following them around now :rocker:.

Lazarus A.D.

1) Last Breath
2) Thou Shall Not Fear
3) Absolute Power
4) #1
5) Revolution
6) Rebirth

My quick synopsis of Unearth is that they put on a pretty good show and had a lot of energy, but I am just not a fan of their music and that genre, so I have a bias. For what they do they did very well, and I must say their guitarist are really fucking good, even though one of them had an obsession with picking his nose then licking his finger...:eyes:. To my knowledge they did not play Zombie Autopilot, but I could be wrong.

Unearth

1) My Will Be Done
2) This Lying World
3) Crow Killer
4) Sanctity Of Brothers
5) Endless
6) Grave Of Opportunity
7) We Are Not Anonymous
8) Black Hearts Will Now Reign

Testament were amazing, best time I've seen them. I was able to make front row center barricade because I saw some friends there, and I am very glad I went there, because it was a great view and experience. Tight as always, and the stage activism was great. Chuck sounded beastly, and Peterson and Skolnick sounded great with solid tone and rhythm/lead duties. Highlights were when I called Chuck "the man" and he put his horns up to me and shook my hand. Some Fillipino guy tried to stage dive after another guy had, and Chuck was gonna let him but security said no, so Chuck started shaking his head and the guy kept on mouthing "please, come on" and Chuck said no :lol:. Show ended great, with me getting a Peterson and Skolnick pick. Afterwards we went to the bus area and met all of Lazarus A.D., who were drunk as hell but really fun and chill guys. Drummer nearly invited us on the bus to play Halo 2! :lol:. Doc from God Forbid was there too, so that was cool to see. In conclusion, Testament were fucking great, and it was totally worth the 4 hour drive :rocker::blaze::fist:.

Testament

01) For The Glory Of...
02) The Preacher
03) Practice What You Preach
04) The New Order
05) Over The Wall
06) Sins Of Omission
07) More Than Meets The Eye
08) Do Or Die
09) The Persecuted Won't Forget
10) Demonic Refusal
11) True Believer
12) The Legacy
13) Into The Pit
14) Souls Of Black
15) Electric Crown
16) Disciples Of The Watch
----------------------------------------------
17) D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
18) Three Days In Darkness
19) The Formation Of Damnation

Elvenking
05-23-2009, 07:32 AM
No songs off low at all this tour....amazing, not even Dog Faced Gods...

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-23-2009, 07:36 AM
No songs off low at all this tour....amazing, not even Dog Faced Gods...

Supposedly a night in Chicago got Dog Faced Gods, but even so I think it's a great set, there will be other tours.

makethemsuffer12
05-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Doc was there? Damn, I wish I could have chilled with you guys for a little bit more.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Doc was there? Damn, I wish I could have chilled with you guys for a little bit more.

Yea dude, it was pretty cool, you should have stayed with us longer. Dudes from Lazarus A.D. were mad chill too :D.

Mancubus
05-23-2009, 09:18 AM
You went to this instead of Maryland Death Fest???????????

makethemsuffer12
05-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Yeah. Serpentine and I are both from Long Island, NEW YORK. Plus, we don't listen to any of the bands on that bill.

xStructualDefect
05-23-2009, 09:49 AM
wtf why the fuck were there hardcore dancing fags dancing to thrash?
did they dance to all the bands?

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-23-2009, 09:59 AM
wtf why the fuck were there hardcore dancing fags dancing to thrash?
did they dance to all the bands?

That's what I was asking myself watching them....I don't know if they danced to Testament, I know they did to DTA, Lazarus, and Unearth. It was so fail it wasn't even funny. Wanted to punch those fags in the face...:wallbang::flame:.

P.S- Makethemsuffer12 is correct :D.

xStructualDefect
05-23-2009, 12:43 PM
That's what I was asking myself watching them....I don't know if they danced to Testament, I know they did to DTA, Lazarus, and Unearth. It was so fail it wasn't even funny. Wanted to punch those fags in the face...:wallbang::flame:.

wow thats fucking lame
were there pits or only hardcore dancing to those bands?
cant believe testament fans didnt stop the dancers
were they the scene kid hardcore dancers or those big brocore tough guy hardcore dancers?

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-23-2009, 01:07 PM
wow thats fucking lame
were there pits or only hardcore dancing to those bands?
cant believe testament fans didnt stop the dancers
were they the scene kid hardcore dancers or those big brocore tough guy hardcore dancers?

Nah there were pits, specially towards the middle of Lazarus' set, probably because they realized their gayness could not adapt to true thrash music. They were like the scene kid hardcore people, the norm. Tight pants, buzzcuts, a mohawk here in there, the usual faggotry.

xStructualDefect
05-23-2009, 01:10 PM
ahh at least it wasnt those tough guy brocore guys
those are the worst

makethemsuffer12
05-23-2009, 04:49 PM
May I add that the some of the Jersey moshers are fucking assholes. For example, during DTA, there was this one guy that rammed into me a couple times when I wasn't even in the pit. Also, during one of Lazarus A.D.'s circle pits, this one guy who was way bigger than I am decked me head on. I flew and fell on my backside. My ass is still sore from that asshole.

mastodon421
05-25-2009, 07:56 AM
thats sucks dude some kid decked my friend at Mastodon when he wasnt in the pit either. Wish i could have gone to this show. It was in MA last night.

jhdeity
05-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Great fukkin review man. Our show tomorrow got moved to a much smaller club so I'm thinking about grabbing 2 beers and a water and barreling up to the front early. There better be more headbangers than dancing douche bags.

Did anyone else notice the Testament setlist voting is bullshit? It's one collective poll not show by show. How F'n stupid is that?

I'll scream Day of Reckoning with freebird tenacity if I have to. hahahaha

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-26-2009, 03:39 AM
Yea man, those douchebags were fucking annoying. Yea the voting set was for one show, so it is a bit of a drag, but I can't say the set wasn't good.

Singing "A Day of Reckoning" in free bird-esqueness is more than appropriate :lol:.

nxtVH90
05-27-2009, 01:27 PM
i'm never trusting mapquest again. google maps kick ass.