PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part III

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Natrlhi
11-20-2009, 08:32 PM
:boohoo: Are you disowning me Dad?!

:(

I'm thinking about it.

But in the meantime, I'm just feeling bad for your sake. Jeezus fuck. I'm just sick with grief. :bawling::sick:

Div
11-20-2009, 08:35 PM
I like my chicken and shrimp cooked until they're done because I'm not a big salmonella fan. It's a taste thing, really.

yea... beef is really the only meat ill trust raw, aside from sushi.

Div
11-20-2009, 08:37 PM
my housemates girlfriend just came downstairs and gave me a bottle of cream sherry, apparently they didnt like it. it trumps Mead as being the sweetest drink ive ever had.

mankvill
11-20-2009, 08:40 PM
beef is really the only meat ill trust raw

haaaaa

mastodon421
11-21-2009, 05:07 AM
There's a piece in this month's Spin magazine (my step-dad's mom subscribes to it for me? okay...) about the Savannah metal scene, specifically Baroness, Kylesa, and Blacktusk.

And now I will never again listen to Baroness, Kylesa, or Blacktusk. :D

May I ask why?

mankvill
11-21-2009, 11:06 AM
May I ask why?

becauyse it's too mainstream now

ChildrenofSodom
11-21-2009, 11:40 AM
New Moon beat Dark Knight?

mastodon421
11-21-2009, 02:13 PM
becauyse it's too mainstream now

Gotcha:D Yes sadly the New Moon fangirls led it to the highest grossing opening day of all time which makes me very sad.

mankvill
11-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Gotcha:D Yes sadly the New Moon fangirls led it to the highest grossing opening day of all time which makes me very sad.

The guy who is the star of the third Twilight book/movie is playing Varg Vikernes in the Lords of Chaos movie. :flame:

Also: Wouldn't it be so cool if when Megadeth sees that they're playing a small club venue here that Dave would be like "Okay, we're gonna do an old-school thrash show, ALL OF KILLING IS MY BUSINESS AND PEACE SELLS IN THEIR ENTIRETY!"? :3

DethMaiden
11-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Last IU football game was tonight, which we lost. Final record: 4-8.

Oh well, OH-IO, bitches! 10-2! :rocker:

JRA
11-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Opening day schmopening day. Let's see how New Moon does in a couple of weeks.

(Scratch that, let's see the fans try and rate it above Godfather on IMDB and get away with it.)

Div
11-21-2009, 05:07 PM
does anyone else find themselves browsing websites after every 2-3 sentences they write when typing a paper, or do i just have ADD?

JRA
11-21-2009, 05:12 PM
does anyone else find themselves browsing websites after every 2-3 sentences they write when typing a paper, or do i just have ADD?

I browse websites only after 2-3 words. That's how much I suck.

Div
11-21-2009, 05:20 PM
i have to write a page each about the political effects of facebook and its ethical factors and post it in my groups google docs page before 12. it shouldnt take me 3 hours but this is boring as shit.

mankvill
11-22-2009, 12:30 PM
lol steelers

suck it

ChildrenofSodom
11-22-2009, 01:03 PM
After playing for two days, and breaking my old record score, I am officially Tetris Effect. Especially with indented paragraphs.

Div
11-22-2009, 01:05 PM
After playing for two days, and breaking my old record score, I am officially Tetris Effect. Especially with indented paragraphs.

i assume from here? http://www.tetrisfriends.com/index.php

add me to friends list

Natrlhi
11-22-2009, 01:06 PM
lol steelers

suck it

Finally, a statement from you I can agree with. ;)

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Radio show from 6-6:30 Eastern Standard Time, do tune in. Good thrashin setlists today :horns:

http://www.whrwfm.org/listenlive.php

ADD
11-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Gettin stupid because I know how, and if a sucka talks shit, I give em a :boxer:

rjturtle9
11-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Finally back online after 2 weeks of no internet :party:

Natrlhi
11-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Gettin stupid because I know how, and if a sucka talks shit, I give em a :boxer:

Because I'm a gansta having fun
Never leave the pad without packing a gun
Hitting hard as fuck, I make you ask what was it
Boy you should have known by now, Eazy duz it

ADD
11-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Because I'm a gansta having fun
Never leave the pad without packing a gun
Hitting hard as fuck, I make you ask what was it
Boy you should have known by now, Eazy duz it
:realchug: (8 ball in that smiley's mug)

mankvill
11-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Hate Eternal: amazingly talented, need a good headlining tour.
Born of Osiris: Least worst deathcore band, has total potential.
Unearth: When not doing breakdowns, are pretty freaking good.
Cannibal Corpse: One of the most entertaining live death metal bands ever.

ADD
11-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Hate Eternal: amazingly talented, need a good headlining tour.
Born of Osiris: Least worst deathcore band, has total potential.
Unearth: When not doing breakdowns, are pretty freaking good.
Cannibal Corpse: One of the most entertaining live death metal bands ever.

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/patiently-waiting-for-you-to-make-some-goddamn-sense-500x378.jpg

Natrlhi
11-23-2009, 08:26 AM
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/patiently-waiting-for-you-to-make-some-goddamn-sense-500x378.jpg

:lol: I lol'ed bigtime.

Seriously, though - I actually agree with Manky on Unearth. I haven't heard Cannibal Corpse live, so I wouldn't know about that. I don't really listen to Hate Eternal, so no comment there. He is dead wrong about Born of Osiris, though - I agree about that. I've seen them live, and that was enough to convinvce me that I never need to bother listening to them again. Pass.

Sorry, son. At least I stuck up for ya on one of your four points. :snivel:

mankvill
11-23-2009, 09:08 AM
:lol: I lol'ed bigtime.

Seriously, though - I actually agree with Manky on Unearth. I haven't heard Cannibal Corpse live, so I wouldn't know about that. I don't really listen to Hate Eternal, so no comment there. He is dead wrong about Born of Osiris, though - I agree about that. I've seen them live, and that was enough to convinvce me that I never need to bother listening to them again. Pass.

Sorry, son. At least I stuck up for ya on one of your four points. :snivel:

i'm totally used to addi being a total hipster, it's okay :)

i referenced you in my latest review, go read!

ADD
11-23-2009, 11:04 AM
i'm totally used to addi being a total hipster, it's okay :)

i referenced you in my latest review, go read!

I will certainly cop to genuinely thinking PBR is a good beer, but that's about as hipster as I go :D

mankvill
11-23-2009, 12:50 PM
I will certainly cop to genuinely thinking PBR is a good beer, but that's about as hipster as I go :D

no you are pretty hipster bro

but you're the coolest hipster i know :lovedup:

ADD
11-23-2009, 03:43 PM
no you are pretty hipster bro

but you're the coolest hipster i know :lovedup:

Must just be you then since your the only person who's ever called me one :eyes: If getting high and preferring "stoner" music over most death mehtal makes me a hipster then I guess I's a hipster. I'm sure hipster in Kansas means different things than hipster in San Francisco, which is practically the hipster capital to be honest. My snobby, pretentious, elitist attitude about heavy music makes me a snobby pretentious elitist asshole, not the same as a hipster :cool:

On the topic, hipsters are scum. That ironic/facetious outlook that they think makes them exempt from having to actually stand for something is one of the lowest manifestations of personality there are. I dig what I dig cuz I dig it, not to be "funny" or "cool" with a winking eye. Also fixed-gears, cocaine, mustaches (ironic ones), wearing flannel shit ALL the time..... :headoff:

TonyD
11-23-2009, 08:41 PM
On the topic, hipsters are scum. That ironic/facetious outlook that they think makes them exempt from having to actually stand for something is one of the lowest manifestations of personality there are. I dig what I dig cuz I dig it, not to be "funny" or "cool" with a winking eye. Also fixed-gears, cocaine, mustaches (ironic ones), wearing flannel shit ALL the time..... :headoff:

Ay fucking men.

mankvill
11-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Must just be you then since your the only person who's ever called me one :eyes: If getting high and preferring "stoner" music over most death mehtal makes me a hipster then I guess I's a hipster. I'm sure hipster in Kansas means different things than hipster in San Francisco, which is practically the hipster capital to be honest. My snobby, pretentious, elitist attitude about heavy music makes me a snobby pretentious elitist asshole, not the same as a hipster :cool:

:lovedup:

Scene kids are the lowest of the low, though.

mankvill
11-24-2009, 12:27 AM
On November 19, 2009 Al Cisneros confirmed in an interview with The Obelisk that Sleep will be reuniting in the fall of 2010 for some US dates.

On November 19, 2009 Al Cisneros confirmed in an interview with The Obelisk that Sleep will be reuniting in the fall of 2010 for some US dates.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music2/atpny2010.gif

Div
11-24-2009, 03:37 PM

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music2/atpny2010.gif

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/twk826/mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

mankvill
11-24-2009, 03:38 PM
apparently they did ATP in England last year and did Holy Mountain + some of Dopesmoker

ADD
11-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Yup, clean as fuck. Needs to be a hometown show at some point though.

mankvill
11-27-2009, 02:54 AM
just kicked black friday's ass. copy/paste:

So I was laying in my bed all comfy cozy watching Youtube videos of people ragequitting Counter-Strike when I decided to join my friends outside of the local Target for Black Friday. They had been there since Midnight, I got there at 4. SUCKAS! I did bring them water though.

A girl line-jumped behind us right after I line-jumped and people bitched at her, but no one bitched at me.

Got a coolie little Target bag, too!

There were four of us. My roommate and his friend went for the TV's. Good thing we were near the front of the line, because those TV's were GONE within the first minute of the doors opening. Me and my friend Erik went to the games department. He picked up an Elite for the guy who was with my roomie, I got a controller for me and him, plus 2 copies of Modern Warfare 2: one for me and one for the guy getting the Elite. And a wireless adaptor for my roomie. Shit was flying OFF THE SHELVES! @_@ They didn't have any headsets though.

But here comes the best part. After we gave everyone their respective items, we went to check out. I got a sweet ole' lady to ring me up and I was really happy and talking with her and stuff! She had some trouble ringing up some of the stuff. Buying MW2 at Target got me a $10 gift card! Okay! And she even had to see my ID (I only play mature rated games for mature gamers such as myself). The total came to $63.51.

o_o

I didn't say anything, paid, and got the eff outside to wait for my friends.

I love God for inventing computers because old women will never know how to work them. She didn't ring up my controller.

What should have been close to $120 ended up to, with the gift card factored in, about $50.

Can you tell I chugged an energy drink before going in?

ChildrenofSodom
11-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Counter-strike.....video games....headsets....energy drinks....

I know your type.

Fires Of Sedition
11-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Can you tell I chugged an energy drink before going in?

I know how you feel. My friends and I drove to Tulsa at 4 A.M., got lost as fuck, got to Best Buy at like 6 because Guitar Center didn't open until 8. By the time we got back home it had been over 24 hours since I had any sleep. Now I'm awake again, with less than 4 hours of sleep. Fuck yeah!

Div
11-28-2009, 02:57 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2v7w1m8.jpg

JRA
11-28-2009, 03:34 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2v7w1m8.jpg

Fail.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-30-2009, 05:23 AM
Ridiculous amounts of studying for the next two and a half weeks. So much for sitting down and taking the time to listen to a bunch of new records :bouville:

DethMaiden
11-30-2009, 06:26 AM
Ridiculous amounts of studying for the next two and a half weeks. So much for sitting down and taking the time to listen to a bunch of new records :bouville:

Word. Finals the 14th and 15th for me, plus two huge papers due over the next couple of weeks. :bouville: But hey, then it's winter break and then there's another semester and a fresh start. I'm not too down. :)

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Word. Finals the 14th and 15th for me, plus two huge papers due over the next couple of weeks. :bouville: But hey, then it's winter break and then there's another semester and a fresh start. I'm not too down. :)

I don't know my final schedule yet but all I know is I got four finals :bouville:. Lots of truth to that last statement though, that's what has me nice and calm. And it can only help that during break, there are 5 shows that are going to be epic.

ChildrenofSodom
11-30-2009, 10:43 AM

I only have one math final one week from today, and then two (group) papers, which are basically written already. Pretty easy quarter. We'll see how next quarter goes, when I'm taking an honors freshman course, a sophomore course, and a junior level course....plus a seminar and maybe an internship.

2 classes and the seminar are about religion....God...I'm gonna hate religion so much when I'm done. :tongue:

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-30-2009, 10:46 AM
I only have one math final one week from today, and then two (group) papers, which are basically written already. Pretty easy quarter. We'll see how next quarter goes, when I'm taking an honors freshman course, a sophomore course, and a junior level course....plus a seminar and maybe an internship.

2 classes and the seminar are about religion....God...I'm gonna hate religion so much when I'm done. :tongue:

Lucky man, I got overloaded in each of my classes. Maybe it's the school's provocative (not lowering the standard of Ohio-U at all :D). Your next semester does sound "fun" though. Just make sure to ask the professor what they think of Jesus, and if he's ever coming back. That would be a god laugh or two ;)

ChildrenofSodom
11-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Lucky man, I got overloaded in each of my classes. Maybe it's the school's provocative (not lowering the standard of Ohio-U at all :D). Your next semester does sound "fun" though. Just make sure to ask the professor what they think of Jesus, and if he's ever coming back. That would be a god laugh or two ;)

I go to Ohio State.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-30-2009, 12:56 PM
I go to Ohio State.

My bad :bliss:

DethMaiden
11-30-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm going to rent NCAA Basketball 10 and create a Metal Setlists tourney bracket. :dorky:

Kansas vs. Binghamton
Ohio State vs. Indiana
Rutgers vs. somebody

And others, too. Some research will be required. :eyes:

mankvill
11-30-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm going to rent NCAA Basketball 10 and create a Metal Setlists tourney bracket. :dorky:

Kansas vs. Binghamton
Ohio State vs. Indiana
Rutgers vs. somebody

And others, too. Some research will be required. :eyes:

KU Uber Alles

DethMaiden
11-30-2009, 01:10 PM
KU Uber Alles

moar liek gayhawks :)

JRA
11-30-2009, 09:30 PM
So, remember those Iron Maiden long and short song contests we did a couple years back? Ever wonder what the top 10 would look like if we combined them together?

1. HALLOWED BE THY NAME
2. CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED
3. RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER
4. 2 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT
5. PASCHENDALE
6. WASTED YEARS
7. POWERSLAVE
8. ACES HIGH
9. REVELATIONS
10. STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND

mankvill
11-30-2009, 09:32 PM
oh god i hope my new avatar isn't too small

DethMaiden
12-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Writing about Hillary Clinton and Angela Merkel until the wee hours. :bouville:

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-02-2009, 05:24 AM
Just raped a CQS 111 test (Excel class) :party:

Studying really does work! ;)

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-02-2009, 11:05 AM
http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/415396

What the fuck!!! :mad::flame::mad:

SomewhereInTime72
12-02-2009, 02:17 PM
http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/415396

What the fuck!!! :mad::flame::mad:
WTF :bouville:

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-02-2009, 02:20 PM
WTF :bouville:

This is ridiculous. I was surfin the Web for answers and supposedly they're playing at the Starland on the same day being direct support for DevilDriver. I like DevilDriver a lot, but even then, now no SepticFlesh and headlining Behemoth set?! :mad::mad::flame::mad::mad:

makethemsuffer12
12-02-2009, 03:34 PM
This is ridiculous. I was surfin the Web for answers and supposedly they're playing at the Starland on the same day being direct support for DevilDriver. I like DevilDriver a lot, but even then, now no SepticFlesh and headlining Behemoth set?! :mad::mad::flame::mad::mad:

I just googled "Devildriver Starland" and last.fm came up and it said that Septicflesh and Shining are on the bill. I guess it's kinda cool that they mashed both tours together like that, though I don't think I'll be able to make cuz Starland is a bitch to get to.

Edit: Just looked at the flyer on the Starland site, and only Behemoth is listed. Hmmm...

ChildrenofSodom
12-02-2009, 05:00 PM
So....Does anyone else think that Potemkin City Limits by Propagandhi has a double message. The lyrics basically refer to a pig, right? But I can't help thinking that they are also describing an immigrant, presumably a Mexican coming to America. Here are my arguments:

The openning bit about Francis not caring about rollback, reduced demand, etc.....Every day, laborers from Mexican escape the crushing poverty of their lives to reach a bright new future, a shiny city on a hill. Even when the American economy is doing poorly, it is still doing better than their own. So they seek an escape.

There are obviously deep emotions and such described after that, but they make the point that he was close to being apprehended (at the border?) but found the opportunity to escape. He ran free for 5 months (lived in the US, illegally, if humans can, in fact, be illegally living somewhere.) and missed his mother (family), having left them for a new land.

But he was caught, and sent back to where he came from. And they erected something in his memory (statue is a metaphore for the border fence?)...they refer to it as marking Potemkin City Limits....The marker indicating that you are entering a land that is full of bright promises of a different life, but is really just a fake that offers you nothing.

Thoughts? (I'm bored.)

mankvill
12-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Potemkin

Kanghaskhan and Sandshrew are my favorite

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-02-2009, 06:27 PM
I just googled "Devildriver Starland" and last.fm came up and it said that Septicflesh and Shining are on the bill. I guess it's kinda cool that they mashed both tours together like that, though I don't think I'll be able to make cuz Starland is a bitch to get to.

Edit: Just looked at the flyer on the Starland site, and only Behemoth is listed. Hmmm...

If Septic Flesh aren't on the bill, I'm going to be very upset. Regardless I'm going though, even if Behemoth aren't having a headlining set :bouville::bouville::bouville:

mankvill
12-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Hey.

What's a good live Megadeth album?

DethMaiden
12-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey.

I can say that the That One Night: Live in Buenos Aires DVD is fan-fucking-tastic, one of my favorite metal DVDs. And the audio is the same set, I think, so you can't go wrong there.

mankvill
12-03-2009, 05:13 PM
I can say that the That One Night: Live in Buenos Aires DVD is fan-fucking-tastic, one of my favorite metal DVDs. And the audio is the same set, I think, so you can't go wrong there.

Cool, I thought that was only a DVD. I'll look into it. :)

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctj82VHrR3c #1 band I want to see live omfg T_T

SomewhereInTime72
12-03-2009, 05:19 PM

This. The only other Megadeth live album I've heard is Rude Awakening which is mehhh. That one Night is badass (I love the version of Trust especially)

rjturtle9
12-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Hey.

The album in Warchest is fantastic. Best sounding live megadeth album ever. Better than the other two. also Dave's voice is almost album status on there.

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Some guy just got stabbed in my school....

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-04-2009, 10:44 AM

Apparently it was a professor. I pray that he's allright :snivel:

makethemsuffer12
12-04-2009, 11:10 AM

shit

rjturtle9
12-04-2009, 12:04 PM

What is this world coming to.

DethMaiden
12-04-2009, 06:24 PM
From The Economist:

"While Jerry Springer and his ilk filled their studios with stump-toothed degenerates, Ms Winfrey introduced her book club and encouraged her viewers to improve themselves."

That is a fucking awesome sentence. :lol: :horns:

ChildrenofSodom
12-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Any Lions fans out there?

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2009/12/72%20Headline%20WIN.jpg

mankvill
12-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Shit. Shit. Shit.

Jan. 24

Nile w/ Immolation, Krisiun, Abigail Williams

or

D.R.I.

I've kind of seen Nile before (Ozzfest) and I really wanna see D.R.I., but I'd really like to see Krisiun and Immolation too. :snivel: what to dooooooo.

JRA
12-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Shit. Shit. Shit.

Jan. 24

or

D.R.I.

I've kind of seen Nile before (Ozzfest) and I really wanna see D.R.I., but I'd really like to see Krisiun and Immolation too. :snivel: what to dooooooo.

I'd go with DRI.

MunicipalWasted
12-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Shit. Shit. Shit.

Jan. 24

or

D.R.I.

Nile/Krisun/Immolation will probably come back somewhere relitvely close in the next couple years. You can't really say that about D.R.I

mastodon421
12-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Shit. Shit. Shit.

Jan. 24

or

D.R.I.

I would go with D.R.I.

Natrlhi
12-07-2009, 09:08 AM
I'd have to agree and go with D.R.I. as well for the reasons cited above, but be aware that the bands playing with them on this tour are all bands I've never heard of, and I'm not holding out any hope that they're really any good (if anybody else knows anything to the contrary, please feel free to volunteer it...).

:shrug:

DethMaiden
12-07-2009, 10:32 AM
I would see Nile because Nile rule and there's no one really even remotely like them and the new album rules hard, and seeing DRI would be pointless since you can see Municipal Waste who aren't old as fuck whenever you want. :)

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-08-2009, 06:36 AM
So I like this Polish girl. Met her a couple of months ago, we hit it off real smooth, flirting, bonding, the whole package. I got quite an attraction for her, then my friend who had introduced me to her told me she had a boyfriend. Ever since then she has still been flirting fairly prominently, and I've even met her boyfriend when he came to visit for Halloween (who turned out to be a clearly insecure, bland guy). To not jab at my quest for too long, this last week she has been flirting so blatantly it's ridiculous. She's started facebook "comment wars" with flirtatious rings to them, on the bus to Wal-Mart (in "serious conversation" mode) she interpreted her dream to mean she wants to take a risk but something's holding her back *while looking at me really funny*, and she facebook chatted me yesterday due to the aforementioned comment wars and said she couldn't continue because it was too late, but "leave her something juicy ;)", wink included.....:eyes:

I hate women.

Natrlhi
12-08-2009, 09:28 AM
So I like this Polish girl. Met her a couple of months ago, we hit it off real smooth, flirting, bonding, the whole package. I got quite an attraction for her, then my friend who had introduced me to her told me she had a boyfriend. Ever since then she has still been flirting fairly prominently, and I've even met her boyfriend when he came to visit for Halloween (who turned out to be a clearly insecure, bland guy). To not jab at my quest for too long, this last week she has been flirting so blatantly it's ridiculous. She's started facebook "comment wars" with flirtatious rings to them, on the bus to Wal-Mart (in "serious conversation" mode) she interpreted her dream to mean she wants to take a risk but something's holding her back *while looking at me really funny*, and she facebook chatted me yesterday due to the aforementioned comment wars and said she couldn't continue because it was too late, but "leave her something juicy ;)", wink included.....:eyes:
Oh, those sirens and the power they wield.

I hate women.
That would explain a lot. ;)

MunicipalWasted
12-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Snow day muthalickas!

DethMaiden
12-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Oh, those sirens and the power they wield.

That would explain a lot. ;)

Oh, the impeccable comedic timing of Nat never fails to impress, does it? :lol: :fist:

But seriously Rodrigo, that fucking sucks, but if the bullshit charade continues, you tell her to go fuck herself and move on. I've wasted too many years (yeah, years) of my life with women playing mind games. You know what doesn't play mind games with you? Heavy metal, so turn it up and turn her off. :horns:

JRA
12-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Do you feel bad about making her cheat on her boyfriend? Clearly not.

Next time you see her, just whip it out. That will put an end to her cockteasing.

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-08-2009, 02:54 PM
To Natty: :lol:

To Brad: Yeah man, it is a bit annoying, but the thing is I don't know if she's just playing mind games or legitimately just interested in me but is conflicted. She's really sweet and nice, but if she is really interested in me I would think she'd break up with him and maybe then I'd pursue it deeper. Oh, and heavy metal will be turned up no matter what time in my life. I'm with ya on that one all day :shred:

To JRA: Due to the aforementioned, I really don't want to make her cheat on her bf, because then if I were to ever be with her in the future, I would not be able to take the fact that she cheated with me out of my mind. Who's to say it wouldn't happen sometime in the future? If she wants me, she can end it (now there I'd have some influence :D) and then I go in for the kill. That's just the guy I am. Oh, and to the cock thing, later in time ;).

mankvill
12-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Polish girls, dude....Polish girls.

rjturtle9
12-08-2009, 05:29 PM
To Natty: :lol:

To Brad: Yeah man, it is a bit annoying, but the thing is I don't know if she's just playing mind games or legitimately just interested in me but is conflicted. She's really sweet and nice, but if she is really interested in me I would think she'd break up with him and maybe then I'd pursue it deeper. Oh, and heavy metal will be turned up no matter what time in my life. I'm with ya on that one all day :shred:

To JRA: Due to the aforementioned, I really don't want to make her cheat on her bf, because then if I were to ever be with her in the future, I would not be able to take the fact that she cheated with me out of my mind. Who's to say it wouldn't happen sometime in the future? If she wants me, she can end it (now there I'd have some influence :D) and then I go in for the kill. That's just the guy I am. Oh, and to the cock thing, later in time ;).

All I got to say is dont do it. It sucks that she has a BF. If she were single, then go get at that, but it really sucks to be cheated on and it would suck to know your the guy at fault.

Maiden33
12-08-2009, 05:42 PM
the thing is I don't know if she's just playing mind games or legitimately just interested in me but is conflicted. She's really sweet and nice, but if she is really interested in me I would think she'd break up with him and maybe then I'd pursue it deeper.\

I was stuck in this horrible sort of stalemate for the better part of a year and a half (October 2004 - May 2006, roughly), and I blame it for completely sucking the fun out of what in hindsight was the greatest time of my life thus far. It's absolutely terrible. Obviously just play it by vibe and instincts, but don't get too hung up here. The odds that this girl truly is perfect or even great for you aren't that high, so don't throw away time, effort, and emotion on nothing.

ADD
12-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Polish girls, dude....Polish girls.

That's wasup :drool: :lovedup:

JRA
12-08-2009, 07:44 PM
: Due to the aforementioned, I really don't want to make her cheat on her bf, because then if I were to ever be with her in the future, I would not be able to take the fact that she cheated with me out of my mind. Who's to say it wouldn't happen sometime in the future?.

Yea...yea. My idea = :badidea:

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-08-2009, 09:14 PM
It is a bitch, very much so. I'm going to have to wait it out because out of all my experiences, she is showing too much interest. I state here and now that I can very well be wrong. That being said, I don't think I am and I am going to be stubborn about this and wait til' she breaks up with him. I'll give her til early-mid second semester. LDR's don't work, so time/evidence is on my side. I'll give updates for sure, my post seemed to garner quite a few heart-felt responses. Thank you my metal amigos :fist:

Maiden33
12-08-2009, 09:25 PM
http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/get-attachment.asp?action=view&attachmentid=398

mankvill
12-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Finally re-downloading Bathory. Should try and find some CD's next time I'm out.

JRA
12-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Finally re-downloading Bathory. Should try and find some CD's next time I'm out.

No way in hell you'll find Bathory CD's. Your best bet is Amazon.

mankvill
12-09-2009, 01:10 PM
No way in hell you'll find Bathory CD's. Your best bet is Amazon.

You'd be surprised at the Hasting's here in Lawrence. ;) I know for a fact they have Anaal Nathrakh, Korpiklaani, and Windir in stock.

JRA
12-09-2009, 01:42 PM
You'd be surprised at the Hasting's here in Lawrence. ;) I know for a fact they have Anaal Nathrakh, Korpiklaani, and Windir in stock.

It's not that it's black metal, it's just Bathory is fucking impossible to find in stores.

mankvill
12-09-2009, 02:12 PM
It's not that it's black metal, it's just Bathory is fucking impossible to find in stores.

True dat. Although Hasting's does have King Diamond, Celtic Frost and Venom in stock, maybe they'll get the last of the first wave of Black Metal and have Bathory!

mankvill
12-09-2009, 02:54 PM
http://secure.nps1.net/guitarworld/images/TABS_SuicideSilence.jpg

TonyD
12-09-2009, 04:40 PM

MOOOOOM
I KNOW WHAT I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

SomewhereInTime72
12-09-2009, 05:41 PM

75 PAGES OF

----------------
----------------
----------------
----------------
0-0-0---0-0---0-
0-0-0---0-0---0-

:rocker::rocker:

rjturtle9
12-09-2009, 05:51 PM
75 PAGES OF

----------------
----------------
----------------
----------------
0-0-0---0-0---0-
0-0-0---0-0---0-

:rocker::rocker:

:lol:

rjturtle9
12-09-2009, 10:24 PM
I just finished my last final of the semester. Now all my worries are gone.
I can't wait for the weekend, actually tomorrow too.

Thursday: Metallica concert
Friday: party with my friends
Saturday: Iron maiden and Judas Priest tribute bands (and hopefully me getting laid :D) then me and my friend are going straight to vegas.
Sunday: party it up on the strip all day long then see Megadeth and Warbringer.
Monday: Epic weekend over. (hopefully get laid again:party:)

SomewhereInTime72
12-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Judas Priest tribute bands (and hopefully me getting laid :D)
http://www.thepunishercomics.com/fun_stuff/body_art/HALFORD4.jpg

Related? ;)

rjturtle9
12-09-2009, 10:44 PM
http://www.thepunishercomics.com/fun_stuff/body_art/HALFORD4.jpg

Related? ;)

nah man by a girl... with a vagina lol

mankvill
12-10-2009, 12:19 AM
High On Fire
Impaled
Arsis

Three bands that should be in the "Best Metal Bands Of The 2000's" list that isn't Mastodon.

Natrlhi
12-10-2009, 06:27 AM
High On Fire
Impaled
Arsis

Three bands that should be in the "Best Metal Bands Of The 2000's" list that isn't Mastodon.

:agree:

Add Baroness, Kylesa and Russian Circles, and you're all set. ;)

TonyD
12-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Kirk Hammett named QotSA's "Tension Head" one of the best songs of the decade. St. Anger is starting to make a little more sense, but what truly amazes me is how something so bad came come out of something so good.

Also, I hope you're online at 10 pst for this (http://www.20buckspin.com/site/)

Natrlhi
12-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Kirk Hammett named QotSA's "Tension Head" one of the best songs of the decade. St. Anger is starting to make a little more sense, but what truly amazes me is how something so bad came come out of something so good.

Also, I hope you're online at 10 pst for this (http://www.20buckspin.com/site/)

Well, unfortunately I won't be, because I will be watching one of the other three bands mentioned in my post (Russian Circles) tear the mother fucking roof off the Grog Shop tonight at that time. That, and I don't collect vinyl. Shit like this makes me want to start, though. Hope you get one, and thanks all the same for the tip.

Rock on,
Nat :horns:

TonyD
12-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Well, unfortunately I won't be, because I will be watching one of the other three bands mentioned in my post (Russian Circles) tear the mother fucking roof off the Grog Shop tonight at that time. That, and I don't collect vinyl. Shit like this makes me want to start, though. Hope you get one, and thanks all the same for the tip.

Rock on,
Nat :horns:

Actually it's right now...

JRA
12-10-2009, 01:22 PM
I was walking back from class today and somebody drove by and called me a faggot. I hope he gets his throat slit.

mankvill
12-10-2009, 01:48 PM
I was walking back from class today and somebody drove by and called me a faggot. I hope he gets his throat slit.

I thought people would stop being that much of douchelords in college. Oh well, it happens I guess.

Reminds me of walking home from junior high when some guys drove by and tried to throw a water baloon at me but missed by a mile. :lol:

SomewhereInTime72
12-10-2009, 03:36 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2eekj2b.jpg

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-10-2009, 03:38 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Gold!

makethemsuffer12
12-10-2009, 03:43 PM

Win beyond win.

JRA
12-10-2009, 07:59 PM
BUT OMG GUYS VEERS CUMS BAK N MPIRE STRIKES BAK!111

mankvill
12-10-2009, 10:10 PM
I wish I could take a dump on every single MW2 player who uses those fucking double shotguns + Marathon perk. FUCK YOUUUUUUUU :flame:

ChildrenofSodom
12-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Sooooooo......Browns beat Steelers?

TonyD
12-10-2009, 10:41 PM
I thought people would stop being that much of douchelords in college. Oh well, it happens I guess.

Reminds me of walking home from junior high when some guys drove by and tried to throw a water baloon at me but missed by a mile. :lol:

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cAVyV8NW1M) is the real win.

Yeah. But really?

mankvill
12-10-2009, 11:07 PM

Steelers fans are crying. Feels fantastic, man.

DethMaiden
12-11-2009, 06:32 AM

:lol: They have officially collapsed.

Natrlhi
12-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Steelers fans are crying. Feels fantastic, man.

:agree: Exactly.

(It feels even better when you live in Cleveland.) :metal:

Div
12-11-2009, 10:49 AM
manliest picture ever

http://api.ning.com/files/0rGekbPYY9BF24b3gQ6oJA4JGM43p2NYDNJ2hnvlmGUH7f1pM4 anFJIaapwAMCU6/TheArtofManTime.jpg

mankvill
12-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Bands I really, really, really hope I get to see live next year:

Anaal Nathrakh
Blind Guardian
Iron Maiden
Sodom
Rage Against The Machine

:snivel: c'monnnnn

JRA
12-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Putting together my very own word jumble. :dorky:

mastodon421
12-12-2009, 03:42 AM
I wish I could take a dump on every single MW2 player who uses those fucking double shotguns + Marathon perk. FUCK YOUUUUUUUU :flame:

Which ones the Rangers or the Models? The models are really unfair.

mankvill
12-12-2009, 03:53 AM
Which ones the Rangers or the Models? The models are really unfair.

The ones that they swing around to reload them.

I swear to God, every three games, there's 2 or 3 douchebags with Marathon Pro and those fucking shotguns. Every. Game.

mastodon421
12-12-2009, 08:24 AM
The ones that they swing around to reload them.

I swear to God, every three games, there's 2 or 3 douchebags with Marathon Pro and those fucking shotguns. Every. Game.

Those are the models and yes it is very annoying especially after the game when they talk shit like they are amazing at the game because they do that. Some kids on Xbox Live piss me off.

mankvill
12-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Those are the models and yes it is very annoying especially after the game when they talk shit like they are amazing at the game because they do that. Some kids on Xbox Live piss me off.

Yeah.

I kill a guy dual wielding shotguns: I smile.
I kill a guy with a weed callsign: I laugh.
I kill a guy dual wielding shotguns AND has a weed callsign: I orgasm from happiness.

Div
12-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Yeah.

I kill a guy dual wielding shotguns: I smile.
I kill a guy with a weed callsign: I laugh.
I kill a guy dual wielding shotguns AND has a weed callsign: I orgasm from happiness.

why not just stop playing that shitty game?

Div
12-12-2009, 10:05 PM
yay, demonoid is back up. just in time for the holidays

mankvill
12-12-2009, 10:23 PM

crack. i'm sorry, but it's crack. ;_;

makethemsuffer12
12-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Happy Birthday to me :D

DethMaiden
12-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Studying for exams; realizing it's a losing battle. I'll finish the section for biology that I'm on and take one more practice test for math, but even that will put us well past 2 AM and make me pretty fucking exhausted with a looooong day ahead. Fuck college. :lol:

mankvill
12-14-2009, 07:05 AM
About to go take my final final. :snivel:

JRA
12-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Procrastinating studying for a final that's in 6 hours.

Maiden33
12-14-2009, 02:13 PM
DJ'ing. :allan:

http://www.wpapu.com

mastodon421
12-14-2009, 02:14 PM

because its not a shitty game.

mankvill
12-14-2009, 02:33 PM

Mmm. It could've been so much better. I really liked the American's campaign and I really REALLY wish they would've at least fleshed that part out.

And multiplayer is crack except for idiot assholes with the dual shotguns.

Div
12-14-2009, 03:41 PM

o ok.

rjturtle9
12-14-2009, 08:55 PM
crack. i'm sorry, but it's crack. ;_;

tell me about it. my brother plays too much

IrritatedTrout
12-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Mmm. It could've been so much better. I really liked the American's campaign and I really REALLY wish they would've at least fleshed that part out.

And multiplayer is crack except for idiot assholes with the dual shotguns.

I think the campaign is brilliant and Spec Ops is a lot of fun. Multiplayer isn't near as good as COD4 though.

JRA
12-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Playing through my dream children of Bodom setlist while playing Settlers of Catan online. :dorky: :dorky: :dorky:

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Preparing to take my final exam for my first semester. Funny too, cause since I suck so bad at Calculus I made it a Pass/Fail course, and I saw my average yesterday and my professor said that if I just know how to do derivatives/integrals I can pass the class. Unfortunately I was also recently informed that for classes that are required for my major, I can't make them a Pass/Fail or they don't count. I have to take Calc again in the summer at Suffolk. DARN.

Oh well :D. Excited to be going home for a month and a half and seeing the Corpse/Hate Eternal tomorrow. Gonna be a good break!

mankvill
12-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Anyone know the band Vektor? They're touring with Exmortus right now.

Anyway, they're from Arizona, and my grandparents know the drummer and his mother. Apparently, she thought it was cool that I know who Vektor is, so, um, she gave my grandparents (and in turn, me) her son's phone number to see if I could like talk to him and get merch or something?

um.

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-17-2009, 12:33 PM

Anyway, they're from Arizona, and my grandparents know the drummer and his mother. Apparently, she thought it was cool that I know who Vektor is, so, um, she gave my grandparents (and in turn, me) her son's phone number to see if I could like talk to him and get merch or something?

um.

Vektor are amazing, fantastic band. Lucky that it's such a small world. Send some merch this way ;)

mankvill
12-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Vektor are amazing, fantastic band. Lucky that it's such a small world. Send some merch this way ;)

:lol: I'll see what I can do!

mankvill
12-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Woah woah woah.

Saviours released a new CD this year?

What the fuck?

mankvill
12-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Watain is doing a Bathory tribute set at Sweden Rock Fest.

Fuck you, Ravenheart!

JRA
12-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Watain is doing a Bathory tribute set at Sweden Rock Fest.

Fuck you, Ravenheart!

Why do you blame him for that and what's wrong with a Bathory tribute set?

mankvill
12-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Why do you blame him for that and what's wrong with a Bathory tribute set?

Because that's awesome and he goes to Sweden Rock Fest!

rjturtle9
12-18-2009, 01:32 PM

um.

That's kool. vektor are a great band, but they're relatively unknown so you having their number isn't really all that shocking haha i go to school with Conan, guitarist from exmortus.

Div
12-18-2009, 03:20 PM
jon schaffer on alex jones show? i wouldve creamed my pants if this happened 2 years ago. i didnt even know jon made the whole "sons of liberty" project tho, gonna check it out to see if its got the same feel as glorious burden... might make my a decent spot in my year end write up if it does.

edit: hmm apparently you can DL it free on their site http://www.sons-of-liberty.net/

ChildrenofSodom
12-18-2009, 06:10 PM
jon schaffer on alex jones show? i wouldve creamed my pants if this happened 2 years ago. i didnt even know jon made the whole "sons of liberty" project tho, gonna check it out to see if its got the same feel as glorious burden... might make my a decent spot in my year end write up if it does.

edit: hmm apparently you can DL it free on their site http://www.sons-of-liberty.net/

That seals the deal: Jon is crazy.

Maiden33
12-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Trolling around the ProgPower boards and the internet in general trying to see if there might be some great '09 releases I've missed. Seems quite probable. Downloading a few right now.

Div
12-18-2009, 09:46 PM
That seals the deal: Jon is crazy.

im just surprised that this album actually has... solos? riffs? nothing fancy or complex, almost power metal-ish, but atleast its not another 2 hour triplet marathon. :eek:

ChildrenofSodom
12-18-2009, 09:48 PM
im just surprised that this album actually has... solos? riffs? nothing fancy or complex, almost power metal-ish, but atleast its not another 2 hour triplet marathon. :eek:

I didn't know there was music...I just thought it was a blog or something. I guess I'll listen....United Abominations II?

Div
12-18-2009, 09:58 PM
I didn't know there was music...I just thought it was a blog or something. I guess I'll listen....United Abominations II?

more like Freedom to Facism: The Album

ChildrenofSodom
12-19-2009, 09:19 AM
more like Freedom to Facism: The Album

hahahaha...Did you ever listen to that Ron Paul folk singer guy? He sang songs like "Show Me the Law"......funny thing to sing about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf4AZiNIplc

Div
12-19-2009, 12:50 PM
hahahaha...Did you ever listen to that Ron Paul folk singer guy? He sang songs like "Show Me the Law"......funny thing to sing about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf4AZiNIplc

i dont listen to them, but i heard Muse put out a "truther" type album this year. I wonder just how far this trend will go in music.

Maiden33
12-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Today I bought a Zune 120GB player, gonna be spending the better part of the next eternity putting shit on it.

makethemsuffer12
12-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Today I bought a Zune 120GB player, gonna be spending the better part of the next eternity putting shit on it.

I believe the population of Zune users just rose to about 4. Me being one of them.

DethMaiden
12-19-2009, 05:57 PM

It might not work if it's covered in shit. Just a thought.

es156
12-19-2009, 06:04 PM

:tp:

SomewhereInTime72
12-19-2009, 06:52 PM

Hahahaha. :D

Div
12-20-2009, 02:50 PM
so this fucking city has the nerve to fine people $375 if we dont clear the snow off the sidewalks in front of our houses, but at the same time they dont even plow or salt the streets aside from one main road.

ChildrenofSodom
12-20-2009, 04:44 PM
so this fucking city has the nerve to fine people $375 if we dont clear the snow off the sidewalks in front of our houses, but at the same time they dont even plow or salt the streets aside from one main road.

I don't understand sidewalk laws. In Ohio, if the city wants to replace the broken concrete in front of your house, you have to pay for it....or they fine you.

JRA
12-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Listening to Richard Christy talk on Howard Stern on how he lived in a storage building.

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-21-2009, 02:57 AM
About to go to an interview for Target. Hopefully I get the job, I desperately need cash in order to fund my concert/merch spending frenzy that will be occurring in January. Then a dentist appointment. Exciting, eh?

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-21-2009, 05:28 AM
About to go to an interview for Target. Hopefully I get the job, I desperately need cash in order to fund my concert/merch spending frenzy that will be occurring in January. Then a dentist appointment. Exciting, eh?

So I applied for a Seasonal job, obviously because I'm in college and I'm on break. I go there, wait 20 minutes, and they ask me if I'm still going to Bing. I say of course, and they proceed to tell me that they weren't excepting Seasonal's, yet they clearly were according to their application process. Go figure.

Natrlhi
12-21-2009, 08:27 AM
So I applied for a Seasonal job, obviously because I'm in college and I'm on break. I go their, wait 20 minutes, and they ask me if I'm still going to Bing. I say of course, and they proceed to tell me that they weren't excepting Seasonal's, yet they clearly were according to their application process. Go figure.
Wait, so you're telling me that a big corporate mega-company got a bunch of their facts wrong, and ended up frustrating the fuck out of you and wasting your time?

NO FUCKING WAY!?! :scared:

:fingers: big corporations and the majority of know-nothing idiots who work at them (present company excluded, of course!).

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Wait, so you're telling me that a big corporate mega-company got a bunch of their facts wrong, and ended up frustrating the fuck out of you and wasting your time?

NO FUCKING WAY!?! :scared:

:fingers: big corporations and the majority of know-nothing idiots who work at them (present company excluded, of course!).

I didn't really get frustrated, she was nice about it and all, but it's just very unprofessional on their part. Let's just hope that Guitar Center calls me back for the summer :shred:

TonyD
12-21-2009, 11:18 AM

I didn't really get frustrated, she was nice about it and all, but it's just very unprofessional on their part. Let's just hope that Guitar Center calls me back for the summer :shred:

Guitar Center is balls :barf:
Other than small discounts on things like strings, cables and effects, I don't see much benefit in working there.

Natrlhi
12-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Guitar Center is balls :barf:
Other than small discounts on things like strings, cables and effects, I don't see much benefit in working there.

It's way better than fucking Target.

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-21-2009, 12:04 PM
It's way better than fucking Target.

Don't be hating on my would-have-been-job :snivel:

But he's right, working at GC is a much more comforting idea than working at Target or somewhere.

SomewhereInTime72
12-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Done with guitar, Kalimba is my new instrument.

MunicipalWasted
12-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Just talked to Ben of Mantic Ritual about playing my birthday...this would be hella tight if this happens! /m\

rjturtle9
12-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Just talked to Ben of Mantic Ritual about playing my birthday...this would be hella tight if this happens! /m\

That's sick man hope it all comes through :rocker:

Butcher of Birth
12-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Going to Ft. Lauderdale to eat at RocknRoll Ribs

Nicko!

DethMaiden
12-23-2009, 07:29 AM
God, BCS is such fucking bullshit. Imagine this: top 8 teams in the rankings (ESPN, AP, and BCS polls getting together and reconciling their differences, or just go with the ESPN one because that's the coach's poll) in a single elimination playoffs. To win the championship, you have to win three games after the regular season ends. Right now, we're only giving two teams a chance, even in seasons when there are other UNDEFEATED teams. Tell me, would you rather see Alabama vs. Texas, or would you rather see this:

1 Alabama
8 Ohio State

4 TCU
5 Florida

3 Cincinnati
6 Boise State

2 Texas
7 Oregon

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING! And three more games would eliminate the four to six weeks of rest that so many of these teams are forced to play with, and wouldn't be overwhelming like a 64 team tournament. Jesus, they should put me in charge of the NCAA.

EDIT: Higher seeded team plays at home until the championship which is on a neutral field. FUCK!

ChildrenofSodom
12-23-2009, 09:55 AM
With 3 extra games, I think you run the risk of players getting hurt. Just playing devil's advocate here.

mankvill
12-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Tell me, would you rather see Alabama vs. Texas, or would you rather see this:

1 Alabama
8 Ohio State

Alabama vs. Texas. :fingers:

TonyD
12-23-2009, 10:21 AM
With 3 extra games, I think you run the risk of players getting hurt. Just playing devil's advocate here.
You also run the risk of getting hurt playing 12 regular season games. And nothing would change for 4 of the top 8.

4 teams would be playing in as many games as they do already. 2 others would be playing 1 extra game. The final 2 would be playing 2 extra games. If you ask any player on the top 8 ranked teams, they would risk playing 2 extra games to prove that they are the best in the country without a second thought.

Butcher of Birth
12-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Just ate at Nicko's "Rock n Roll Ribs" and met the man himself! Holy Crap! Best year!!

mankvill
12-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Just ate at Nicko's "Rock n Roll Ribs" and met the man himself! Holy Crap! Best year!!

:rocker:

Butcher of Birth
12-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Nicko and Us:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/rokulikesatan/Better.jpg

Nicko's Car (so nice!):
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/rokulikesatan/NewCar2.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/rokulikesatan/NewCar.jpg

Div
12-23-2009, 07:10 PM
dude, thats awesome. was it a promoted meetup or did you just randomly catch him eating ribs?

btw thats an amazing restaurant name.

Butcher of Birth
12-23-2009, 07:33 PM
dude, thats awesome. was it a promoted meetup or did you just randomly catch him eating ribs?

btw thats an amazing restaurant name.

No we went there 1.) Because we wanted some BBQ, 2.) It's our Winter Break, and 3.) I wanted to go because I love Maiden. So we show up and we sit down, after we get drinks my friend (in the green aka Illninoese/Frankie) calls our friend in the white who was at home and asks if he wants to come down. Well he doesn't have a car to use so Frankie takes his car and leaves, while he is gone I eat my food and just watch the rest of the Pink Floyd DVD that was playing on the Flat Screen. About 15 minutes before Frankie comes back a red car (seen above) pulls up and I'm thinking "Oh wow... there is no way... Blonde hair, sunglasses... FLAT NOSE! SHIT!" and there he is... Nicko and the co-owner get out of the car, and they are carrying bags of food and gallons of Milk. They both walk in and go back to the Kitchen and drop off the stuff, Nicko turns and waves at me and says "Yeah, I'll be 'round in a while". So at this point I'm totally in Iron Nirvana, because not only is Nicko in the same room as me, he is also talking to me, and there is tons of Maiden memorabilia all around (All Kinds of Posters, a Virtual XI 3D Poster which was sick, and the Kick drum cover for The Somewhere Back In Time tour was used as a Lamp).

Frankie and friend return, they eat their lunch, which by the way was AMAZING and fairly cheap ($15 Dinner). While we are eating Nicko is going by all the tables one by one asking how the food is and how everyone is in general. He does the same for us and says that he'll come back when we are all finished.

It's just so weird always knowing Nicko as "The famous Iron Maiden drummer" who I've only seen when he is on stage in front of thousands of people, then I come to his Rib place and he is in a T-shirt, Sweat Pants, Flip Flops, and is just enjoying life. He was very down to earth and not once did it seem like he was trying to seem better then anyone, he was just a guy at his place of work making sure everything is how it should be.

So before we leave we ask for a picture, he is 100% for it and asks a waitress to take it for us, then he walks us to the door wishing us Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, and that was that...

I had met the Drummer of Iron Maiden and he was just himself, nothing was for show.

Next time Maiden comes, you are all invited and we will eat the hell outta his place!

Up The Irons!

IrritatedTrout
12-23-2009, 07:50 PM
So. Fucking. Jealous. :horns:

I'd love to meet Nick someday, I've had a chat with him over the phone and he came off as an absolutely world class guy. Meeting him must have been an unbelievable experience.

SomewhereInTime72
12-23-2009, 08:22 PM
That is so fucking cool.

rjturtle9
12-23-2009, 08:47 PM
God i wish i could go to Florida :(

mankvill
12-23-2009, 09:07 PM
FUCK YOU THAT'S AWESOME!

DethMaiden
12-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Dude, you just beat the shit out of everyone else's Christmas presents. :fist:

Butcher of Birth
12-23-2009, 09:56 PM
:) haha

mankvill
12-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all you nukkas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a5fHMlb4V0

Butcher of Birth
12-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all you nukkas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a5fHMlb4V0

I like the cover of that album hahah

PowerMaiden
12-24-2009, 02:08 PM
nice story Butcher Of Birth, you're so lucky !! Nicko is the only one in Maiden I haven't met !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
12-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Damn, that's a second motivation for me to go to Florida.

DethMaiden
12-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Reading all of my Facebook statuses from the year with some app. This rules. It's like thumbing through a 365 day diary.

Div
12-25-2009, 10:37 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z%C2%B2_(album)

a Ziltoid sequal and graphic novel? oh fuck yes.

mankvill
12-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Coalesce canceled tonight.

Good, I wasn't gonna go because of the snow anyway!

rjturtle9
12-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Just pulled another all nighter. damn second one in a week i think. sooo not healthy :eyes:

mankvill
12-29-2009, 06:21 PM
HOLY SHIT NEW NOKTURNAL MORTUM CAME OUT THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS?!?#@?!@#!?

SomewhereInTime72
12-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Wondering why I'm apparently much more attractive to men than I am to women. :(

rjturtle9
12-30-2009, 07:04 AM

hahahaha i know how you feel man. I've been hit on by three guys since i started going to my college, and only hit on by one chick :mad:

DethMaiden
12-30-2009, 08:06 AM
wtf no bengals in the pro bowl

Maiden33
12-30-2009, 08:34 AM

Well hey there, big boy. :D

ChildrenofSodom
12-30-2009, 09:10 AM
#15 is playing in God's Pro Bowl. :(

rjturtle9
12-30-2009, 10:06 AM

:eyes:

SomewhereInTime72
12-30-2009, 10:53 AM
hahahaha i know how you feel man. I've been hit on by three guys since i started going to my college, and only hit on by one chick :mad:

Yeah, last night I had to fend off some middle-aged dude who wanted to take me home with him. :snivel: :mad: :flame: This happens to me a lot more with dudes than it does with girls....

:lol: :bliss: :eyes:

JRA
12-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah, last night I had to fend off some middle-aged dude who wanted to take me home with him.

:eek:

powerslave_85
12-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Yeah, that was bullshit. Miles Austin made it, though! :party:

rjturtle9
12-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah, last night I had to fend off some middle-aged dude who wanted to take me home with him.

haha damn that never happened to me.

JRA
12-30-2009, 03:08 PM
So I'm out getting pizza, and I see a guy who I used to work for three years ago. I try saying hello to him, but he doesn't recognize me. :(

DethMaiden
12-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah, that was bullshit. Miles Austin made it, though! :party:

I figured Benson or Ochocinco would make it if anybody, but I guess it's nice that their style of football wins divisions while snubbing individual glory.

As for Austin, it would be a crime if he didn't. Breakout player of the year, and potentially the best wide receiver of the year outright.

powerslave_85
12-30-2009, 04:53 PM
I was pretty surprised that Percy Harvin was snubbed, but there were a lot of great receivers in the NFC this year. He should get rookie of the year, though.

DethMaiden
12-30-2009, 04:55 PM
I was pretty surprised that Percy Harvin was snubbed, but there were a lot of great receivers in the NFC this year. He should get rookie of the year, though.

Hands down. As if an offense with Brett Favre and Adrian Peterson needed more help, haha.

rjturtle9
12-31-2009, 06:47 AM
on my way to Vegas for the second time this month. should be good

ravenheart
12-31-2009, 07:53 AM

Once more is an addiction.

JRA
12-31-2009, 10:41 AM

Money spent having 3-somes at brothels > any money spent at casinos.

mankvill
12-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Once more is an addiction.

I've been three times!

I'm not 21.:eyes:

JRA
12-31-2009, 04:32 PM
My (edit: haha disregard that...I suck cocks) bus driving me back to Bloomington crashed... I think I'm ok.

Note: rather than ask me if I'm ok (I can determine that myself, thank you), go look up a random Gamma Ray track on youtube, listen to it in full, then post here telling me how awesome it is!

Addendum: We need a strike thru font. Ravenheart, get on that.

DethMaiden
12-31-2009, 04:44 PM
My shuttle crashed... I think I'm ok.

YOU'RE AN ASTRONAUT?! :eek:

JRA
12-31-2009, 04:46 PM
YOU'RE AN ASTRONAUT?! :eek:

No, this type of shuttle.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3012/2638283963_9df6ddd643.jpg

JRA
12-31-2009, 07:13 PM
Off to go see Zoso, be back with the setlist and such later.

TonyD
01-01-2010, 03:40 AM
Sex, booze, rock and roll.
2010 is looking fantastic right now.

b_halperin
01-01-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm looking for footage from Lamb of God's "Burn the Priest Era" If anybody has any videos of one of their live concerts I'd love it if you could send it my way!

IrritatedTrout
01-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Finally passed my fuckin' drivers test. Good thing too because my license was set to expire tomorrow. I don't know how I could pass it in one try at 15 but now at 20 I had to try 3 times.:lol:

Div
01-02-2010, 11:41 PM
so Led Zeppelin totally ripped off Finger 11's Paralyzer when they wrote Trampled Underfoot.

mankvill
01-03-2010, 04:11 PM
...do people actually give a shit if Final Fantasy 7 is remade for the PS3?

...really?

SomewhereInTime72
01-03-2010, 04:14 PM
...do people actually give a shit if Final Fantasy 7 is remade for the PS3?

...really?

I hope not.

DethMaiden
01-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Deconsolidated my metal subgenres in iTunes for shits and giggles; now "Metal" makes up 318 out of 525 albums. :rocker:

ChildrenofSodom
01-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Deconsolidated my metal subgenres in iTunes for shits and giggles; now "Metal" makes up 318 out of 525 albums. :rocker:

I could never do that. I'm too lazy to scroll through all my artists in one big list.

DethMaiden
01-03-2010, 06:06 PM
I could never do that. I'm too lazy to scroll through all my artists in one big list.

Click + shift + click = takes like a minute

ChildrenofSodom
01-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Click + shift + click = takes like a minute

No, I mean, when I'm searching through my iPod.

DethMaiden
01-03-2010, 07:12 PM
No, I mean, when I'm searching through my iPod.

Oh, haha. Well...yeah...that qualifies for lazy.

Maiden33
01-04-2010, 02:24 PM
DJ'ing.

Actually, doing my 4-hour 2009 Wrap-Up show!

http://www.wpapu.com
http://www.dementiaradio.com

Div
01-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Dell is now officially my second most hated computer company aside from Apple.

mankvill
01-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Even with shitty teammates, Left 4 Dead 2 is a blast.

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Being in Colombia with no internet :D

Having a good time though. Got a trim/haircut and gonna buy lots o´cheap metal shirts in the underground markets. I love exchange rates :fist:

JRA
01-05-2010, 09:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5yjLuC-pUU

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SomewhereInTime72
01-05-2010, 09:23 PM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

hahah oh my god

Maiden33
01-05-2010, 09:50 PM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Haha, wow.

JRA
01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2747/4253689125_b6c3021139_o.gif

Butcher of Birth
01-07-2010, 02:54 PM
This was earlier this morning... hehe I hate the cold, but hey this is cool.
The Ice on My Car
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/rokulikesatan/IronMaidenIce.jpg

SomewhereInTime72
01-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Just woke up.

...Fuck.

mankvill
01-08-2010, 02:45 PM
“Sleep booking inquiries can be sent to: john@groundcontroltouring.com”

GET ON IT

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-09-2010, 03:28 AM
Back from the Equator. Gonna be doin lots of errands this week. Needa go to GC like, now. :D

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Started a fire in the fireplace and putting a bunch of random things in there to see it burn even more. Up til this moment, an old Xbox controller, a Revolver magazine, an old notebook, tissues, and a baseball.

I love fire :shred:

makethemsuffer12
01-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Started a fire in the fireplace and putting a bunch of random things in there to see it burn even more. Up til this moment, an old Xbox controller, a Revolver magazine, an old notebook, tissues, and a baseball.

I love fire :shred:

Boredom at it's finest.

JRA
01-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Started a fire in the fireplace and putting a bunch of random things in there to see it burn even more. Up til this moment, an old Xbox controller,

Aren't the fumes from that extremely toxic?