PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part III

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

DethMaiden
10-03-2009, 09:02 AM
"Terminal Preppie"

I go to college
That makes me so cool
I live in a dorm
And show off by the pool

I join the right clubs
Just to build an impression
I block out thinking
It won't get me ahead

My ambition in life
Is to look good on paper
All I want is a slot
In some big corporation

John Belushi's my hero
I lampoon and I ape him
My news of the world
Comes from Sports Illustrated

I'm proud of my trophies
Like my empty beer cans
Stacked in rows up the wall
To impress all my friends

No, I'm not here to learn
I just want to get drunk
And major in business
And be taught how to fuck

Win! Win!
I always play to win
Wanna fit in like a cog
In the faceless machine

[Chorus]
I'm a terminal terminal terminal preppie
terminal terminal terminal preppie
terminal terminal terminal terminal
terminal terminal terminal terminal

I want a wife with tits
Who just smiles all the time
In my centerfold world
Filled with Springsteen and wine

Some day I'll have power
Some day I'll have boats
A tract in some suburb
With Thanksgivings to host

[Chorus]
I'm a terminal terminal terminal preppie

HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT COLLEGE IS REALLY LIKE THIS

I dunno if I belong in the Big Ten.

ChildrenofSodom
10-03-2009, 10:04 AM
No, I'm not here to learn
I just want to get drunk
And major in business
And be taught how to fuck

HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT COLLEGE IS REALLY LIKE THIS

I dunno if I belong in the Big Ten.

I feel yah man. So many fucking numbskulls that don't deserve to be at college, who don't know what hard work is and just want to party/fuck/drink. It pisses me off that the best of academia, as far as public land-grant schools can offer, is sitting at their feet and they piss it all away. I jizz myself everytime I think about my future and the opportunities at hand, but these morons just don't get it.

JRA
10-03-2009, 10:21 AM
http://imgur.com/b5Q3q.jpg

We have a winner!

SomewhereInTime72
10-03-2009, 10:47 AM
http://imgur.com/b5Q3q.jpg

We have a winner!

This is awesome! :lol: :lol:

Div
10-03-2009, 11:39 AM
that DK song just sounds like it was written by some bitter angry nerd who was jealous he never got to hang out with the cool kids :violin:

DethMaiden
10-03-2009, 11:42 AM
that DK song just sounds like it was written by some bitter angry nerd who was jealous he never got to hang out with the cool kids :violin:

I think "cool" is pretty fucking subjective. Partying occurring outside my window at 4 AM wasn't in any of my syllabi, I wonder which class it's for?

ChildrenofSodom
10-03-2009, 11:47 AM
I think "cool" is pretty fucking subjective. 25% of college girls being raped wasn't in any of my syllabi, I wonder which class it's for?

Div
10-03-2009, 11:51 AM
I think "cool" is pretty fucking subjective. Partying occurring outside my window at 4 AM wasn't in any of my syllabi, I wonder which class it's for?

isn't it the weekend though?

im not saying situations like that arent annoying, but the vibe i got from that song was just "oh noes other pplz are partying and i wasnt invited so theyre all big jerks anyway"

plus, lets face it. if people are going out partying alot or like to read sports illustrated but still manage to graduate then theyre obviously still doing something right.

DethMaiden
10-03-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm not trying to be a drag or anything. I just don't like 98% of the people here. Doesn't mean I don't have a good time with the other 2%.

Div
10-03-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm not trying to be a drag or anything. I just don't like 98% of the people here. Doesn't mean I don't have a good time with the other 2%.

yea im not singling you out or anything, i get annoyed sometimes when my neighbor decides to start drunkenly playing his guitar at 4:30 when i have class the next day... but i still see the humor in that situation and stuff like this is to be expected, the school is aware of it they just dont tell you because it might make you choose a different college.

that song just reminds me of the editorials i read in the school paper where kids trying to major in honors physics get upset they have to spend all their free time studying while other peoples curriculum allows for more free time. one girl even said anyone below a 2.5 GPA should be thrown out :lol:

and cameron... really?

ChildrenofSodom
10-03-2009, 12:09 PM
and cameron... really?

Maybe your school isnt a party school, but OSU and schools like it have very high rape percentages.

Div
10-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Maybe your school isnt a party school, but OSU and schools like it have very high rape percentages.

my school is weird. its like a research school and a party school mixed together. the two most popular majors here are biology and psychology, but theres also a huge athletics program. i here it referred to as a "public ivy" alot but im not sure how accurate or meaningful that claim is. they did turn down the invite to be ivy (princeton took it instead) so they could stay as the state university, but that was a long time ago.

i dunno if this is a national law or just NJ, but here if a girl consents while drunk and sobers up the next day and regrets it she can file rape charges. i personally think thats bullshit, especially considering party environments where girls are wearing miniskirts and low cut shirts and rubbing all over the guys... then they can go and file rape charges just to try and save their reputation/relationship.

ChildrenofSodom
10-03-2009, 12:33 PM
i dunno if this is a national law or just NJ, but here if a girl consents while drunk and sobers up the next day and regrets it she can file rape charges. i personally think thats bullshit, especially considering party environments where girls are wearing miniskirts and low cut shirts and rubbing all over the guys... then they can go and file rape charges just to try and save their reputation/relationship.

OSU is both a party school and public research school. I mean, its an awesome institution and I love being here, but the bottom 80% of kids are just...ugh. And here at OSU, "a drunk or sleeping person cannot give consent." So, is that 'rape' situation unfortunate for the guy? yes, but I don't think you can fault the girl entirely. Because of the 21 drinking age, the culture around college campus is very strange. People over drink and do stupid things. Our Prez is in favor of lowering the drinking age in the campus area to make it safer for students.

SomewhereInTime72
10-03-2009, 12:54 PM
:eyes: :eyes: Why would you get mad at people for having fun? It may not be your 'thing' (definitely isn't mine either,) but I don't see why it should be a problem that other people enjoy it. Most youth of this country choose to enjoy themselves recklessly and obnoxiously, and it's pretty silly to be an elitist and say that their way of having fun is stupid and makes them not worth associating with. I've met plenty of great people that do things I would consider to be absolutely retarded, but they're really nice people and are good friends. You guys should be a little less judgmental. ;)

edit: On the rape thing, while it does really suck that some girls will decide after the fact that they regret it and try to call someone out for rape (which is basically bullshit) - it doesn't actually happen too often. Guys should know better too. If a girl really is drunk off her fucking ass, she's probably not going to have the capacity to say no, which she may or may not have done sober. If a girl was severely intoxicated and then, the next morning declares that she was raped, well... it's fcking rape broski.

mankvill
10-03-2009, 01:04 PM
The only thing I didn't like about the partying people when I lived in the dorms was that the guys across the hall from me blasted the same radio rap song 13 times a day real loud. Other than that, it was just fine. Going to bars is fun when you have a group of friends and you meet tons of new people.

Div
10-03-2009, 01:52 PM
id like to add that last semester i was rooming with alot of guys from the RU pharmacy school, which is basically a graduate program for undergrads and is the most competitive school to get accepted to in NJ. these guys would be either at class or in the library from 8am to 12am almost every day, yet on occasion they would have parties, and while at the party they were the most chill dudes you could find. infact it would be hard to tell them apart from a stereotypical frat boy if you tried. they didnt compare GPAs or talk in pharm student-exclusive jargon, but instead used the party as sort of a "third place" and just had fun. so it is possible to both be popular and enjoy yourself socially, and maintain high academic standards if you try.

ChildrenofSodom
10-03-2009, 02:01 PM
No one is saying you can't party and do well in school. But there are quite a bit of people who do the former and not the latter, and vice-versa.

mankvill
10-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Zombieland trivia on IMDB:

With the exception of Maggie and Wichita, the other prominent characters all have names that are American cities: Tallahassee (Florida), Little Rock (Arkansas), and Columbus (Ohio).

:dorky:

DethMaiden
10-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Hey, guess what. I take back NONE of what I said. They are fucking playing sports in the hallway and I can't fucking sleep. I hate dorms, and I hate that I didn't get in the honors dorm. Fuck this place. Goddammit, it's just inconsiderate not to shut the fuck up when there's so many people living in such close quarters. I don't have speakers but I'm guessing the broskis in my hall would tell me to turn down death metal if I was blasting it. And yet, I have to hear them be drunk and loud and go fucking bowling in the hallway?! Ughhh.

mankvill
10-03-2009, 08:23 PM
:crosseyed Just broke up with my girlfriend.

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-03-2009, 08:33 PM
:crosseyed Just broke up with my girlfriend.

Sorry to hear that dude, it's never easy.

Dextrimental
10-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Im bloody annoyed, Ozzy Osbourne is doing TWO book signings in Dublin the day im going to Prog Nation in London.. The one day Im going to Prog Nation and the Prince of Darkness is doing two book signings in Dublin. Fuck that!!!!!

ChildrenofSodom
10-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Im bloody annoyed, Ozzy Osbourne is doing TWO book signings in Dublin the day im going to Prog Nation in London.. The one day Im going to Prog Nation and the Prince of Darkness is doing two book signings in Dublin. Fuck that!!!!!

Dublin? Thats like 20 minutes from my dorm. London isn't too far either.

Div
10-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Hey, guess what. I take back NONE of what I said. They are fucking playing sports in the hallway and I can't fucking sleep. I hate dorms, and I hate that I didn't get in the honors dorm. Fuck this place. Goddammit, it's just inconsiderate not to shut the fuck up when there's so many people living in such close quarters. I don't have speakers but I'm guessing the broskis in my hall would tell me to turn down death metal if I was blasting it. And yet, I have to hear them be drunk and loud and go fucking bowling in the hallway?! Ughhh.

go ask them nicely to shut the fuck up. and if they dont comply get the RA.

Div
10-03-2009, 10:05 PM
also, http://armorgames.com/play/3614/crush-the-castle

mankvill
10-03-2009, 10:15 PM

Will get better as the year goes on.

I have blasted metal/japanoise at the fags in the hall before. lewl.

DethMaiden
10-04-2009, 07:10 AM
Will get better as the year goes on.

I have blasted metal/japanoise at the fags in the hall before. lewl.

I was blasting Cobalt with the door open during the first week and no shit, somebody came up and slammed my door shut.

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Very happy that my profile views/playbacks on Myspace have increased twofold. Program I have is working great, feels great to hear the feedback I've been getting :party:. Check it out if you wish!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=499730317

SomewhereInTime72
10-04-2009, 09:55 AM
I was blasting Cobalt with the door open during the first week and no shit, somebody came up and slammed my door shut.

a. I don't recommend blasting music with the door open (even though I know they do it too), because I think in general people should respect the fact that, wow, not everyone wants to hear your music. Though I'm sure theirs is much more obnoxious than yours. :hecho:

b. Open that shit up again and be like "Don't fuck with my door." ;) :angry::boxer:

:eyes:

DethMaiden
10-04-2009, 10:02 AM
a. I don't recommend blasting music with the door open (even though I know they do it too), because I think in general people should respect the fact that, wow, not everyone wants to hear your music. Though I'm sure theirs is much more obnoxious than yours. :hecho:

b. Open that shit up again and be like "Don't fuck with my door." ;) :angry::boxer:

:eyes:

Yeah, I knew it was kind of douchey but I thought I was making a statement or something. :lol:

SomewhereInTime72
10-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I knew it was kind of douchey but I thought I was making a statement or something. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Since I started living in suites instead of corridor style, the 'other people's music' problem has basically become nonexistent. :)

DethMaiden
10-04-2009, 10:55 AM
:lol: :lol:

Since I started living in suites instead of corridor style, the 'other people's music' problem has basically become nonexistent. :)

I'm actually talking with a buddy of mine about splitting an apartment next year; he's similarly fed up.

Div
10-04-2009, 11:33 AM
also, to someone who doesnt really "get" metal or know what to listen for, cobalt can sound really fucking annoying.

DethMaiden
10-04-2009, 11:37 AM
also, to someone who doesnt really "get" metal or know what to listen for, cobalt can sound really fucking annoying.

:lol: Yeah, these are people who probably think Drowning Pool and Godsmack are "real heavy shit, bro."

Div
10-04-2009, 11:41 AM
:lol: Yeah, these are people who probably think Drowning Pool and Godsmack are "real heavy shit, bro."

i had to put up with linkin park and lady gaga during beer pong last semester. i tried some motorhead (overkill album and some from bomber) one time and noone really got it so i just gave up.

DethMaiden
10-04-2009, 11:44 AM
i had to put up with linkin park and lady gaga during beer pong last semester. i tried some motorhead (overkill album and some from bomber) one time and noone really got it so i just gave up.

Addi and I were actually discussing this not too long ago, but it's very weird to be so steeped in something that such a huge proportion of the population doesn't understand at all. We have an unbelievable grasp of subgenres and comparisons in terms of sound and the majority of people have probably not even heard anything by bands that are basically "entry level" to us like Megadeth or Dio. It's just weird to be so obsessed with something that so few people give a shit about.

Div
10-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Addi and I were actually discussing this not too long ago, but it's very weird to be so steeped in something that such a huge proportion of the population doesn't understand at all. We have an unbelievable grasp of subgenres and comparisons in terms of sound and the majority of people have probably not even heard anything by bands that are basically "entry level" to us like Megadeth or Dio. It's just weird to be so obsessed with something that so few people give a shit about.

yea, when i told my roommates im trying to hear 50 albums from 2009 this year they didnt really understand why. sense they probably hear 2 or 3 at most.

i think dave mustaine was right when he said that metal is making a comeback now that hair metal is dead and not tarnishing its reputation anymore (i hate when people talk about metal and mention bands like Poison :hecho: ) at this rate, in 5-10 years from now metal will probably be as popular over here as in europe.

ChildrenofSodom
10-04-2009, 11:50 AM

Exactly. Playing such non-brutal metal such as Iron Maiden and DIO is still asking for a 'who the fuck is this" from the idiots of the world.

I was playing Death a few days ago, and someone told me to turn off 'that screamo shit.' I wanted to ram a pencil into their throat.

Div
10-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Exactly. Playing such non-brutal metal such as Iron Maiden and DIO is still asking for a 'who the fuck is this" from the idiots of the world.

I was playing Death a few days ago, and someone told me to turn off 'that screamo shit.' I wanted to ram a pencil into their throat.

oh yeah? one time some rap-obsessed white kid told me to turn led zeppelin off because "that dude sounds mad gay"

DethMaiden
10-04-2009, 11:54 AM

:mad: They might as well just spit on Chuck's grave.

IrritatedTrout
10-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Metal, serious business.;) My roomie listens to the worst bullshit ever spawned (nothing but top 40 radio hits) but I just remind him how queer he is for it and if I have metal on in the room when he walks in he starts grunting "death, death, death" over and over because he's convinced that's what all metal is about.:lol:

But seriously, don't blast music with the door open. Period. I don't care what you're listening to. For me, metal especially applies here. Call me what you will but I'd much rather be known to my dorm mates as the regular Joe down the hall than the weirdo that blasts shrieking noise. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't rock out with my cock out with the door closed.:D

b_halperin
10-04-2009, 01:31 PM

That happened to me too!!!!! Almost the exact same thing.

I was listening to Death, and someone says, and I QUOTE:

"WTF is this emo band, they're not real metal....."

I just walked away. I knew if I stayed there for a few more seconds I would've beaten the shit out of them :hecho:

ChildrenofSodom
10-04-2009, 02:01 PM
I was listening to Death, and someone says, and I QUOTE:

"WTF is this emo band, they're not real metal....."

I just walked away. I knew if I stayed there for a few more seconds I would've beaten the shit out of them :hecho:

Someone asked me if I liked Attack Attack, based on my other tastes.

mankvill
10-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Someone asked me if I liked Attack Attack, based on my other tastes.

CRABCORE WILL DESTROY US ALL

MunicipalWasted
10-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Most people think screamo and metal is the same. I try informing them that it's diferent...they dont get it.

We just have to accept this.

SomewhereInTime72
10-04-2009, 02:53 PM
:eyes: I always establish with people that I don't only listen to metal and I don't listen to bad metal. I think the worst accusation I've gotten in the last two years is that I probably like Dream Theater. ;)

Though I did once have a conversation with someone who said "all black metal sucks". I told him I was going to have to disagree with that one, and he responded that if I could actually find some good black metal bands to send their stuff to him since the only ones he'd heard were Cannibal Corpse and Slipknot. :eyes: :hecho:

DethMaiden
10-04-2009, 02:55 PM
:eyes: I always establish with people that I don't only listen to metal and I don't listen to bad metal. I think the worst accusation I've gotten in the last two years is that I probably like Dream Theater. ;)

Though I did once have a conversation with someone who said "all black metal sucks". I told him I was going to have to disagree with that one, and he responded that if I could actually find some good black metal bands to send their stuff to him since the only ones he'd heard were Cannibal Corpse and Slipknot. :eyes: :hecho:

:lol: :lol: Wow.

I also don't only listen to metal and don't listen to bad metal (except for Dream Theater!), but I've ended up getting even more steeped in metal since I got here because I'm clutching at straws for some kind of an identity, and I figure if they're gonna think I'm a "metal guy" anyway, I might as well go all out. But this year has been all about metal for me anyway...I've had somewhat of a falling out with discovering new music in other genres for some reason. :eyes:

Dextrimental
10-04-2009, 03:05 PM
What makes dream theater bad metal? Bizarely enuf iv yet to have a bad experience with people make generalisations about metal. Most of the people here always go,'I like guns n roses and nickleback' when you say you like metal..

DethMaiden
10-04-2009, 03:08 PM
What makes dream theater bad metal?

I don't think they are. The idiot who posted above me does. ;)

SomewhereInTime72
10-04-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't think they are. The idiot who posted above me does. ;)

:D Well I could go and talk about how I think they are pretty bad... but the point merely is that comparative to all the horrible stereotypes about metal, Dream Theater isn't that bad at all. I'd much rather be thought of as a DT fan than a screamo fan. :tongue:

they do suck though

Dextrimental
10-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Ah ok fair enough.. But how would you justify saying Dream Theater suck?

SomewhereInTime72
10-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Ah ok fair enough.. But how would you justify saying Dream Theater suck?

Well, it's obviously a matter of personal opinion. However, I think that it should be fairly obvious. While they do have a few great songs, and one album that I actually find listenable the entire way through, it seems to me that they consistently put showmanship and wankery ahead of songwriting. Also James Labrie is at best a sub-par singer, and Portnoy only makes that worse. Not to mention Petrucci sometimes has the an incredibly boring guitar tone, which I guess is more of something that annoys me specifically from time to time. :eyes:

That said, I really enjoy Liquid Tension Experiment for some reason. :eyes:

edit: also I'm pretty sure John Petrucci is my distant 2nd/3rd cousin by marriage lolz

ChildrenofSodom
10-04-2009, 05:21 PM
I hate when people say "I listen to everything: from The Beatles to Lady Gaga." Bullshit...Jesus...."Kanye West to Taylor Swift." If I were to say "I listen to everything. Yah know, Opeth to Edguy, Immortal Technique to Immortal, Propagandhi to Phil Ochs" then know one would have any idea what I'm talking about, or the breadth of my tastes. So I just say "I like metal", and then fend off any comparision to Disturbed or Slipknot.

Dextrimental
10-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Well, it's obviously a matter of personal opinion. However, I think that it should be fairly obvious. While they do have a few great songs, and one album that I actually find listenable the entire way through, it seems to me that they consistently put showmanship and wankery ahead of songwriting. Also James Labrie is at best a sub-par singer, and Portnoy only makes that worse. Not to mention Petrucci sometimes has the an incredibly boring guitar tone, which I guess is more of something that annoys me specifically from time to time. :eyes:

That said, I really enjoy Liquid Tension Experiment for some reason. :eyes:

edit: also I'm pretty sure John Petrucci is my distant 2nd/3rd cousin by marriage lolz

Ah right, I have to disagree but your opinion is your opinion :) I love them, theyve to do anything bad in my eyes, but iv had this argument with alot of people on more than one prog band.

Ha legend!! Petrucci is awesome, I'm definitely more inclined towards his tyle of guitar playing I think. Technique now, not the actuall prog music he creates.

Dextrimental
10-04-2009, 05:35 PM
I hate when people say "I listen to everything: from The Beatles to Lady Gaga." Bullshit...Jesus...."Kanye West to Taylor Swift." If I were to say "I listen to everything. Yah know, Opeth to Edguy, Immortal Technique to Immortal, Propagandhi to Phil Ochs" then know one would have any idea what I'm talking about, or the breadth of my tastes. So I just say "I like metal", and then fend off any comparision to Disturbed or Slipknot.

I would hafta agree to the extent that you're better off saying 'I livten to everything from punk to metal' or 'Metal to rap' rather than naming specific artists. I listen to almost everything (bar getting into nitty gritty labels) and I just say 'Metal to pop' and then fend off band names from there..

ChildrenofSodom
10-04-2009, 05:43 PM
I would hafta agree to the extent that you're better off saying 'I livten to everything from punk to metal' or 'Metal to rap' rather than naming specific artists. I listen to almost everything (bar getting into nitty gritty labels) and I just say 'Metal to pop' and then fend off band names from there..

Whenever someone asks what kind of music you listen to, they are probably trying to find a commonality. If you both say "I listen to almost anything", thats a little misleading, no? I guess for the metalhead, music joins the ranks of religion and politics on the 'don't talk about' list.

Dextrimental
10-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Whenever someone asks what kind of music you listen to, they are probably trying to find a commonality. If you both say "I listen to almost anything", thats a little misleading, no? I guess for the metalhead, music joins the ranks of religion and politics on the 'don't talk about' list.

Fair point, specially since for most people 'everything' doesn't actually include metal, or at least proper 'heavy' metal. Yeah I usually avoid it unless I know theres a common ground. First thing I go for is music though, then movies, then current events, after that its fairly obvious I'm not getting laid that night!

DethMaiden
10-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Fair point, specially since for most people 'everything' doesn't actually include metal, or at least proper 'heavy' metal. Yeah I usually avoid it unless I know theres a common ground. First thing I go for is music though, then movies, then current events, after that its fairly obvious I'm not getting laid that night!

Current events can get you laid?

"9/11, what a tragedy, huh?"
"Yeah."
"Whoa, you too? Let's fuck!"

;)

Dextrimental
10-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Current events can get you laid?

"9/11, what a tragedy, huh?"
"Yeah."
"Whoa, you too? Let's fuck!"

;)

Haha clever :P

It did get me laid once, some local thing happened and everyone was drinking for it, and I was talkin to some chick saying how a great cause it was and we ended going off with each other. I dont remember much, but there ya go haha

ChildrenofSodom
10-04-2009, 06:21 PM
It did get me laid once, some local thing happened and everyone was drinking for it, and I was talkin to some chick saying how a great cause it was and we ended going off with each other. I dont remember much, but there ya go haha

This bears an equal amount of morbidity, hilarity, and sadness.

Div
10-04-2009, 06:21 PM
i hate when people claim to like all music. to me that just says "i have no individual tastes and i only listen to music when my friends turn it on, and i just roll with whatevers playing so i seem cool"

DethMaiden
10-04-2009, 06:23 PM

I think it just has Irishness. ;)

DethMaiden
10-04-2009, 06:24 PM
i hate when people claim to like all music. to me that just says "i have no individual tastes and i only listen to music when my friends turn it on, and i just roll with whatevers playing so i seem cool"

Yes, but if they rolled with me they would change their tastes from "all music" to "all music except metal".

Although I did play Ape Uprising in the car with some nonmetal people over the summer and they were really digging it, so I guess it depends on how open their minds are.

Dextrimental
10-04-2009, 06:26 PM

How so? It was a celebration of a charity receiving an award!!

JRA
10-04-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm often surprised when people say they like "all music except country." At first I think "wait, they like metal?" but then it occurs to me they probably don't even know it exists.

Edit: Wow, this conversation has been going on for ten hours. :eyes: Damn you Resident Evil 4!

Maiden33
10-04-2009, 10:04 PM

Yeah, I've noticed this too and it also bothers the fuck out of me. It's just an ignorant way of mainstream music consumers trying to seem open-minded.

Maiden33
10-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Desperately trying to find a decent place to book an acoustic gig in my general area. I've been wanting to do this for a long time now, but there just don't seem to be many good places around here to do it. It doesn't help that apparently venues don't know how to have decent and current websites with any sort of information on them. It doesn't really help me out when it just says: "live music on Saturdays!". Information on what styles of music they want, whether its original or covers, expected set lengths, expected turnout, what is required to book, etc would be helpful.

Dextrimental
10-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Information on what styles of music they want, whether its original or covers, expected set lengths, expected turnout, what is required to book, etc would be helpful.

The venue will rarely post info on this sort of stuff. Your best bet is to look around for other artists of a similar nature or even just other local bands and organise a gig between yourselves, or even a battle of the bands or whatever, then approach the venue. Its really your job to go to the venue and ask them can you host a gig there, then arrange all the details yourself. 99% of the time, the venue doesn't care as long as it can make its money back.

Maiden33
10-05-2009, 10:47 AM
The venue will rarely post info on this sort of stuff. Your best bet is to look around for other artists of a similar nature or even just other local bands and organise a gig between yourselves, or even a battle of the bands or whatever, then approach the venue. Its really your job to go to the venue and ask them can you host a gig there, then arrange all the details yourself. 99% of the time, the venue doesn't care as long as it can make its money back.

Dude, you do realize I've been playing gigs with my band for five years and have played over 60 shows? I know what I'm doing. I don't need "The Idiots guide to booking shows".
I'm merely trying to find a decent venue to do an acoustic thing at, because all the places we generally play at won't go for something like that, so I'm just looking around trying to get information.

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Dude, you do realize I've been playing gigs with my band for five years and have played over 60 shows? I know what I'm doing. I don't need "The Idiots guide to booking shows".
I'm merely trying to find a decent venue to do an acoustic thing at, because all the places we generally play at won't go for something like that, so I'm just looking around trying to get information.

That was unnecessarily rude man, he didn't know, cut him some slack. Not pinning on you, but you're not a famous rock star, it's OK if he doesn't know all that you mentioned.

Maiden33
10-05-2009, 10:55 AM
That was unnecessarily rude man, he didn't know, cut him some slack. Not pinning on you, but you're not a famous rock star, it's OK if he doesn't know all that you mentioned.

I realize I'm a nobody, I just didn't appreciate how he assumed I had 0 experience and needed to be walked through Booking 101. It was pretty condescending.

Dextrimental
10-05-2009, 11:08 AM

Wow, sorry for trying to help. You put your question on a public forum without specifying you were in a band or had any experience with shows before. If you 'know what your doing' why do you even need to ask any of us any questions then?

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-05-2009, 11:09 AM
I realize I'm a nobody, I just didn't appreciate how he assumed I had 0 experience and needed to be walked through Booking 101. It was pretty condescending.

I wouldn't go so far to say you're a nobody, it's just you could have maybe said it a little bit nicer. Just my :2cents:

Maiden33
10-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Wow, sorry for trying to help. You put your question on a public forum without specifying you were in a band or had any experience with shows before. If you 'know what your doing' why do you even need to ask any of us any questions then?

90% of the people who post here have been talking on here for a long time and know who each other are. I don't feel I need to overclarify anything when I post it so that someone doesn't just assume I don't know what I'm doing. I actually didn't ask anyone anything. If you look back in my original statement, there were no question marks. I was merely just posting a little blurb about what I was doing at the moment and venting a little bit.

Maiden33
10-05-2009, 02:39 PM
DJ'ing. :allan:

MunicipalWasted
10-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Dick move Maiden, he was only trying to help.

Maiden33
10-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Dick move Maiden, he was only trying to help.

Alright, seriously, what the fuck. Who cares. This is a whole bunch of shit started over nothing. All I originally did was post a small blurb venting about what I was doing, which is all this thread is supposed to be, really. I didn't ask anyone for help, because I know what I'm doing, I'm just frustrated. Jesus christ, stop PMSing about it.
As I said, I don't feel the need to go into depth about shit like this on a regular basis because the majority of the active posters here have been here for a long time and know eachother to some degree, thus I didn't feel I needed to post some sort of back bio to explain that I know what I'm doing, because the majority of regular posters here know that I deal with this stuff on a regular basis. I didn't ask anyone for help. I thank him for trying to help me, but it was a misunderstanding from the first part, and it just came off a bit condescending to me. That is all.

IrritatedTrout
10-05-2009, 05:08 PM
:hug: Everybody chill, k?

mankvill
10-05-2009, 05:12 PM
I have fantasy players on both the Vikings and the Packers.

So COME ON A HIGH SCORING GAME!

DethMaiden
10-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Just got back from a seemingly successful first date. Didn't we used to have a "girl trouble" thread on here? :lol: I could probably use it in the coming weeks.

ChildrenofSodom
10-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Spanish Prime Minister with his wife and two daughters posing with the Obamas.
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/20090926_spain_560x375.jpg

powerslave_85
10-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't get it.

ChildrenofSodom
10-05-2009, 08:34 PM
I don't get it.

The prime minister's daughters are goths.

Maiden33
10-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Just got back from a seemingly successful first date. Didn't we used to have a "girl trouble" thread on here? :lol: I could probably use it in the coming weeks.

More than likely, haha. 3 months ago I had what I thought was just about the most successful first date possible, but it wound up just crashing and burning, entirely due to stupid crap beyond my control. I wish you the best of luck though. And you didn't miss anything on WPAPU by the way, it was the dullest collective show we've had in a long time.

mankvill
10-05-2009, 09:08 PM

YOU GOT IT BRO!

Natrlhi
10-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Haha clever :P

Sounds like the drinking got you laid, not the current events. ;)

SomewhereInTime72
10-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Programming at the speed of light. Unless things work out perfectly at first and I have to spend no time debugging, which never happens, I've got about 24 hours worth of work to do in the next 46 hours. No more sleep. :cool:

JRA
10-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Programming at the speed of light. Unless things work out perfectly at first and I have to spend no time debugging, which never happens, I've got about 24 hours worth of work to do in the next 46 hours. No more sleep. :cool:

:eek:

mankvill
10-06-2009, 08:46 PM
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/5871/megadave.jpg

700 billion hours in MS paint

Div
10-06-2009, 11:10 PM
wish people would STOP JERKING OFF OVER THE "BIG FOUR TOUR" BULLSHIT

my facebook is flooded with this crap, people are even saying "yeah man, i went to buy tickets but they were all sold out already and i cant find them anywhere now" :hecho:

Dextrimental
10-06-2009, 11:21 PM
my facebook is flooded with this crap, people are even saying "yeah man, i went to buy tickets but they were all sold out already and i cant find them anywhere now" :hecho:

People are stupid.

DethMaiden
10-07-2009, 06:11 AM

YOU ARE GOD

ChildrenofSodom
10-07-2009, 07:36 AM
I was offered the position of Black Student Liason for my dorm. I would communicate between the black students in my dorm and the black student residence organization on campus. While it would be an honor to do such a thing, me doing it reeks of racism: white guy being the middle man. I turned it down for the time being, unless they truly can't fill the position.

Natrlhi
10-07-2009, 08:55 AM

Using the two words "girl" and "trouble" next to each other is redundant. That's like saying "orange orange".

SomewhereInTime72
10-07-2009, 09:17 AM

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

DethMaiden
10-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Using the two words "girl" and "trouble" next to each other is redundant. That's like saying "orange orange".

Exactly. :tongue: Which is why I gave up trying with this girl for the sake of metal. :shred:

powerslave_85
10-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Exactly. :tongue: Which is why I gave up trying with this girl for the sake of metal. :shred:
Unless your record collection gives blowjobs, you've made a grave error.

Also, LOLOLOLOLOL @ mankvill

DethMaiden
10-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Unless your record collection gives blowjobs, you've made a grave error.

Actually, I give my record collection the blow jobs, usually. :eyes:

And what I meant by what I said was I'm not really old or desperate enough to make compromises and she goes to business school and parties until 5 AM and I paint myself like Abbath for Halloween every year and go to the comic book store to pick up my subscriptions. Just saying.

Div
10-07-2009, 07:22 PM
this guy stands outside the college ave. student center every thursday preaching fire and brimstone. its not my thing to make fun of religious people... but c'mon now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw4bV2kkKNU&feature=channel

edit: the cameraguy is holding a huge sign that says "god hates drunkards, homosexuals, masturbaters, lazy people, etc etc
edit2: lol @ 7:15

mankvill
10-07-2009, 07:24 PM
this guy stands outside the college ave. student center every thursday preaching fire and brimstone. its not my thing to make fun of religious people... but c'mon now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw4bV2kkKNU&feature=channel

true story: there was a guy like that at my college the first semester i went here and i was walking by him one day and a kid got up on a ledge beside him and started yelling about the flying spaghetti monster and it made me lol.

edit: lol he says "TURN AWAY FROM YOUR SLAYER MUSIC"

Div
10-07-2009, 07:32 PM
true story: there was a guy like that at my college the first semester i went here and i was walking by him one day and a kid got up on a ledge beside him and started yelling about the flying spaghetti monster and it made me lol.

heh. thats funny but at the same time its kinda lame. i wish all people would just shut the fuck up and stop provoking debates in the middle of the street when im just trying to walk to my goddamn class. :bouville:

although a little part of me wants to just sit at one of those tables behind him and blast some kreator or something

mankvill
10-07-2009, 07:45 PM
heh. thats funny but at the same time its kinda lame. i wish all people would just shut the fuck up and stop provoking debates in the middle of the street when im just trying to walk to my goddamn class. :bouville:

although a little part of me wants to just sit at one of those tables behind him and blast some kreator or something

So you're a Kreationist?

Div
10-07-2009, 07:47 PM
So you're a Kreationist?

PROMISE OF A BETTER FUTURE IS A LIEEEEEEEEEEE

JRA
10-07-2009, 07:58 PM
So you're a Kreationist?

Good lord you're on a roll. I will go ejaculate on a high tension wire in your honor.

es156
10-07-2009, 08:25 PM
And what I meant by what I said was I'm not really old or desperate enough to make compromises and she goes to business school and parties until 5 AM and I paint myself like Abbath for Halloween every year and go to the comic book store to pick up my subscriptions. Just saying.

:lol:

SomewhereInTime72
10-07-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm imagining one person doing both of the things you've described and he/she sounds awesome!!!

make a baby

rjturtle9
10-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Good lord you're on a roll. I will go ejaculate on a high tension wire in your honor.

Damn why have i ignored this thread for so long.

JRA
10-08-2009, 09:45 AM
I just had this played in class: http://bit.ly/IqxYs

I have a bigger penis than all of you!

DethMaiden
10-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Failing to think of a name for my new metal blog. :bouville:

Blogosfear? No. Gay. :bouville:

JRA
10-09-2009, 10:00 AM
So...why exactly is Obama getting the Noble Peace Prize again?

mankvill
10-09-2009, 10:12 AM

Yeah, seriously.

Obama, I'm happy for you and all, and I'mma let you finish, but Vladamir Putin is the best world leader of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Div
10-09-2009, 10:56 AM

because hes a black democrat who promotes globalism

ChildrenofSodom
10-09-2009, 11:00 AM
because hes a black democrat who promotes globalism

You're an idiot. Why can't Americans think globally?

MunicipalWasted
10-09-2009, 11:01 AM
My vest came today (making a kutte) ... It's like a chick's vest, right size from shoulder to shoulder but neck to waist is all fucked up. It only goes down like halfway....sucks...I was hoping it'd be made by the time of concert weekend. FUCK.

powerslave_85
10-09-2009, 11:06 AM
If they can give one to fucking Henry Kissinger, I suppose giving one to Obama's not that big a deal. Still think it's extremely premature, though.

mankvill
10-09-2009, 11:06 AM

BECAUSE THIS IS AMURCA

Div
10-09-2009, 11:07 AM

americans can think whatever the fuck they want. but its pretty obvious obama just got this prize because he fits the politically correct mold the prize committee loves to see. or do you seriously think he made some major contribution to world sovereignty in the last 9 months? i know, bringing the professor and the cop together really helped race relations right? this prize has been a joke for the longest time and has nothing to do with "peace". al gore got one for making a movie... woodrow wilson even got one for passing the federal reserve act :wtf:

mankvill
10-09-2009, 11:09 AM
shit, maybe that means i can get the noble peace prize some day.

Div
10-09-2009, 11:12 AM
shit, maybe that means i can get the noble peace prize some day.

10 to 1 odds say they pronounce your name wrong at the ceremony

mankvill
10-09-2009, 11:29 AM

MAKVILL
MAKNVILL
MAN KILL

:mad: fuck i hate xbox live so much.

JRA
10-09-2009, 11:40 AM
If they can give one to fucking Henry Kissinger, I suppose giving one to Obama's not that big a deal. Still think it's extremely premature, though.

Is there a reason why Henry Kissinger shouldn't have it? (I'm very uninformed)

Presenting MAN_KILL with the Noble Peace Prize would be the Ultimate Win.

DethMaiden
10-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Is there a reason why Henry Kissinger shouldn't have it? (I'm very uninformed)

There's not one reason. There's many reasons. Try the legitimizing of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia by authorizing bombing of that country and Laos when Nixon was trying to end the Vietnam War (not to call Nixon a hero or anything, but still). Basically if there was a problem in another country that was small enough not to invade or talk about, he just authorized bombing. That's kind of the opposite of promoting peace.

mankvill
10-09-2009, 11:47 AM
There's not one reason. There's many reasons. Try the legitimizing of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia by authorizing bombing of that country and Laos when Nixon was trying to end the Vietnam War (not to call Nixon a hero or anything, but still). Basically if there was a problem in another country that was small enough not to invade or talk about, he just authorized bombing. That's kind of the opposite of promoting peace.

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-06-02/1243897107525.jpg

ChildrenofSodom
10-09-2009, 02:03 PM
al gore got one for making a movie... woodrow wilson even got one for passing the federal reserve act :wtf:

Al Gore shared one for bringing attention to Climate Change, and Woodrow Wilson got one for the League of Nations.

The Nobel Prize isn't given to the best leader of given country. The prize is about global peace efforts. "to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses." Americans have a certain, non-partisan ignorance of their own country's stance in the world. The truth is, love it or hate it, America is one of, if not the largest, power in the world. Everything we do affects everyone else, good or bad.

Under Bush, we started two wars, killing over 100,000 people in toppling two governments. We made enemies of the French, Germans, and pissed off most, if not all, of the Middle East. Our Evangelical leader used hyperbole and Christianity to combat the threat of Islamic holy war. We launched a global war, inflaming factions from Indonesia to Somalia. We tortured people at home (Gitmo) and abroad (Camp X-ray in Afghanistan and Abu Ghraib in Iraq.) We sent falsely accused suspects throughout the Middle East to be tortured by our 'allies.' Bush appointed a known anti-UN guy as ambassador to the UN. We fucked up negotiations with Iran and North Korea. We supported Israel in their war against Lebanon, and we supported Musharraf, the military dictator of Venezuela. We dropped out of the Kyoto Protocol and largely ignored movements to curb climate change. We refused to decrease our nuclear stockpile. In general, Bush ran around like a cowboy, challenging everyone. We proposed missile and radar shields at Russia's front door. We had the whole world PISSED at us. You know this.

Obama comes to power and changes alot (not all) of this. He recommitted America to the United Nations and said that we needed to take an active, but scaled back role in solving world problems. The Germans and French, and most of the world loves him and America's approval rating is going up in Europe (where the Nobel committee is.) He went to the Middle East and apologized for past US actions (all the way back to Iranian coup in 1954) and tried to ease tensions with the Islamic world. He put a timetable on the end of Iraq War, handed the government over, redrew troops from cities, set a timetable to close Gitmo and try/release prisoners. He put an end to the torture debate. He initiated new talks with North Korea and Iran. America led a coalition with Russia and France to control piracy off of Africa. He toned down the anti-Venezuela, anti-Russia rhetoric. He is working on thawing relations with Cuba, possibly lifting the embargo. He recommitted the US to climate change plans, and reducing nuclear stockpiles. Most of these things have not come to fruition yet, but the fact that he has taken the first steps to reverse arguably the worst foreign policy since Imperialism, improve America's imagine, and bring the global community together is commendable.

You may not think so because he aren't on the outside, and you don't fall in the Democrat-Moderate-Republican picture, but he has made and has promised to make big changes. And to the European liberals that decide this award, that warranted some recognition.

Div
10-09-2009, 02:15 PM
But shouldn't they have actually waited until after he completed his promises? Bush promised alot of things in his first year too and we all know how that went...

mankvill
10-09-2009, 02:26 PM
He went to the Middle East and apologized for past US actions (all the way back to Iranian coup in 1954)

A PRESIDENT, APOLOGIZE? :flame:

Reminds me of when he went to talk to some leader and bowed to him and Fox News had a field day.

SomewhereInTime72
10-09-2009, 02:43 PM
But shouldn't they have actually waited until after he completed his promises? Bush promised alot of things in his first year too and we all know how that went...

....This is pretty much a joke. Time magazine's person of the year award has more credibility than the Nobel Prize nowadays.

ChildrenofSodom
10-09-2009, 04:53 PM

I think the idealism that he is spreading has already brighten the world's demeanor. Has he done anything huge besides reversing terrible policies? No, but what one thing is big enough to manifest that?

And its just the Nobel prize. Its an idealistic, liberal, globalist thing anyway. I mean, Aung San Suu Kyi, bless heart, hasn't really accomplished much in her battle. Its just a way for liberals to pat each other on the back, i dont think would be caring so much if Obama wasn't such a polar character.

SomewhereInTime72
10-09-2009, 04:56 PM
The nomination deadline for the prize was Feb 1. He was president for about 2 and a half weeks... That's just silly really.

Div
10-09-2009, 06:02 PM
quote from a friend who i just had a convo with about his GF problems:

"To be honest she might be one of the worst girlfriends of all time
I love her, but shes just a piece of shit"

i told him to put that last part on a hallmark card

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Overwhelmed by the amount of work/studying I have to this weekend. Two midterms this upcoming Thursday/Friday, and lots of math (which I heavily suck at). :snivel:

On the positive note, the Myspace's been getting really good feedback, hopefully that continues to spike up. Two guys even offered vocals, so I told them to cover SepticFlesh and Dimmu Borgir :D

JRA
10-10-2009, 07:13 PM
off to go see Zoso, here's hoping they don't start too early.

IrritatedTrout
10-10-2009, 08:44 PM
So, while biking in the woods today my friend and I stumbled upon an old abandoned house. We take a look inside and realize that we've found a drug den. The big pile of hypodermic needles really gave it away.:eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
10-10-2009, 09:10 PM
So, while biking in the woods today my friend and I stumbled upon an old abandoned house. We take a look inside and realize that we've found a drug den. The big pile of hypodermic needles really gave it away.:eyes:

Holy shit....Did you take anything?

IrritatedTrout
10-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Nah, we got out pretty fast once we realized someone actually used the place. Everything was falling apart yet there was still some booze and barbecue sauce (wtf?) in the kitchen and there was a bed in the main downstairs room that looked like it had recently been used. There was also some blankets on a ratty old couch that didn't look nearly as old as their surrondings. We were too freaked out to search the upstairs or the cellar.

Div
10-10-2009, 10:41 PM
found my roommates reading Death Note recently... so now im going to be sharing my Monster episodes with them.

mankvill
10-11-2009, 10:41 AM
found my roommates reading Death Note recently... so now im going to be sharing my Monster episodes with them.

wee-a-boo! wee-a-boo!

Div
10-11-2009, 11:16 AM
wee-a-boo! wee-a-boo!

Monster does not fall under the category of animu-faggotry :nonono:

Div
10-11-2009, 11:31 AM
"I don't take them seriously like Gwar or Lordi because I consider them Comedic metal."

-some guy talking about Dethklok

mankvill
10-11-2009, 11:40 AM
"I don't take them seriously like Gwar or Lordi because I consider them Comedic metal."

-some guy talking about Dethklok

:lame:

JRA
10-11-2009, 12:01 PM
"I don't take them seriously like Judas Priest or Megadeth because I consider them Comedic metal."

-me talking about Dethklok

...yea

mankvill
10-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Goddamn, Dwayne Bowe is a beast. Too bad that the rest of the Chiefs suck fat dicks.

powerslave_85
10-11-2009, 12:53 PM
But Miles Austin is a bigger beast. What a fucking performance.

Div
10-11-2009, 01:09 PM
...yea

:confused:

JRA
10-11-2009, 01:49 PM
:confused:

Perhaps I take metal a bit more seriously than others. If entities like Spinal Tap and such wanna take the piss out of metal, whatever, but when you start making records, fuck you. You aren't a real band. I also get fucking pissed off when ever parody records are being hailed as better than "serious" records. No they aren't, they're just more digestable to you because you're a weak little baby.

mankvill
10-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Perhaps I take metal a bit more seriously than others. If entities like Spinal Tap and such wanna take the piss out of metal, whatever, but when you start making records, fuck you. You aren't a real band. I also get fucking pissed off when ever parody records are being hailed as better than "serious" records. No they aren't, they're just more digestable to you because you're a weak little baby.

:ass:

Yeah, because making albums with real musicians and touring with good bands sure does make them a disgrace to metal.

edit: Last time I checked, Spinal Tap was making records and touring as well.

mankvill
10-11-2009, 02:09 PM
And we've already had this conversation here: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=7523

JRA
10-11-2009, 02:34 PM
:ass:

Yeah, because making albums with real musicians and touring with good bands sure does make them a disgrace to metal.

edit: Last time I checked, Spinal Tap was making records and touring as well.

Its an attempt to make them credible to stupid people.

Doesn't mean they should be.

Dextrimental
10-11-2009, 02:49 PM

Dude chill out, its music, some people enjoy listening to music thats just made for comedic value. I mean music is like movies, you have your favorite styles, but youre not going to listen to that one style the whole time, and sometimes you just want some comedy. And bands who are a 'joke' provide that, its just comic relief :)

Div
10-11-2009, 02:50 PM
dethalbum II really isnt bad music tho... if any other band put out this album it would be considered good death metal.

edit: and the cover art is pretty awesome too.

mankvill
10-11-2009, 02:51 PM

lol.

You should be worrying about bands like Killswitch Engage and Suicide Silence, not an actual band that makes actual metal.

DethMaiden
10-11-2009, 02:58 PM
dethalbum II really isnt bad music tho... if any other band put out this album it would be considered good death metal.

edit: and the cover art is pretty awesome too.

I dunno about all that, dude. The music isn't like any real death metal that I can think of, it's just shred that happens to have "death vocals" - which are total bullshit because he's just doing the whisper trick. I don't like Dethklok, and I'm kind of annoyed by the fact that they're headlining the tour Mastodon decided to do this fall.

mankvill
10-11-2009, 03:01 PM
I dunno about all that, dude. The music isn't like any real death metal that I can think of, it's just shred that happens to have "death vocals" - which are total bullshit because he's just doing the whisper trick. I don't like Dethklok, and I'm kind of annoyed by the fact that they're headlining the tour Mastodon decided to do this fall.

Mastodon is playing longer, though.

And it's melodeath!

Div
10-11-2009, 03:06 PM
TBH i was considering going to that show just for dethklok and converge...

*ahem*

*runs for the hills*

mankvill
10-11-2009, 03:07 PM
TBH i was considering going to that show just for dethklok and converge...

*ahem*

*runs for the hills*

Run for your life! :mad:

TonyD
10-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Well if the billing stays the same, the bright side of it is that I'll be at my drunkest during High on Fire.

JRA
10-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Back from Rakim. Waaaaaayyyyy earlier than I expected to be.

SomewhereInTime72
10-12-2009, 12:03 AM

Eh they may both be from GLORIOUS NIPPON, but they're pretty much completely different genres/demographic appeal.

...Though Monster would be in my top 3 anime ever (and yeah i watch a lot but lucky for you guys try not to talk about much around here) so certainly worth a try. :fist:

...This post is like 3 pages late but I wanted to respond to this post when I saw it way before but wasn't logged in. :tongue:

DethMaiden
10-12-2009, 01:27 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/from_print/cheering_crowd_actually

Maiden33
10-12-2009, 02:20 PM

Div
10-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Eh they may both be from GLORIOUS NIPPON, but they're pretty much completely different genres/demographic appeal.

...Though Monster would be in my top 3 anime ever (and yeah i watch a lot but lucky for you guys try not to talk about much around here) so certainly worth a try. :fist:

...This post is like 3 pages late but I wanted to respond to this post when I saw it way before but wasn't logged in. :tongue:

Monster is just a really fucking good series. if it was a live action show like house or dexter i could see alot of people watching it over here, but because its animated people dont give it enough credit.

btw, what would your other 2 favorites be?

SomewhereInTime72
10-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Monster is just a really fucking good series. if it was a live action show like house or dexter i could see alot of people watching it over here, but because its animated people dont give it enough credit.

btw, what would your other 2 favorites be?
They would probably be The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Cowboy Bebop (yeah, nothing like Monster at all). :eek:

Also the dub of Monster is premiering on "Syfy" channel tonight at 11pm est, so you should get them (and everyone) to watch ;) :cool:. ...Unless it turns out to be a terrible dub. :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
10-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Just wrote out a complete list of every class i am going to take to graduate. Honors BA in Political Science, with minors in Religious studies and Social stratification/inequality in 3 rushed years. If i do study abroad and internships, i can comfortably do it in 4.

Div
10-12-2009, 09:55 PM
They would probably be The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Cowboy Bebop (yeah, nothing like Monster at all). :eek:

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/son_i_am_disappoint.gif

the dub of Monster is premiering on "Syfy" channel tonight at 11pm est, so you should get them (and everyone) to watch ;) :cool:. ...Unless it turns out to be a terrible dub. :eyes:

so they finally made a dub? ive really been waiting for that... i hope they use german voice actors. if it turns out to be good im definitely going to buy it on dvd. i dont get cable though, so i wont be able to watch it yet.

SomewhereInTime72
10-12-2009, 11:40 PM
http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/son_i_am_disappoint.gif

Say what you will! It's a well crafted story with likable and interesting characters, not to mention an overall very different approach to the whole stale "lolhighschool+lolmagic" formula. Also the BGM is great and so is the animation. My father would not be disappoint... maybe... :hmm:

so they finally made a dub? ive really been waiting for that... i hope they use german voice actors. if it turns out to be good im definitely going to buy it on dvd. i dont get cable though, so i wont be able to watch it yet.

I might check it out. It deserves a good dub though, since I think it's one of the few series that could be received well by Americans that aren't 10 year olds. ...Then again most people over here just wont take anything animated seriously, as the only successful animated American shows are comedies...

ChildrenofSodom
10-13-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm considering getting a tattoo.

mankvill
10-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Dethklok is just a really fucking good band. if it was a live action band like Cannibal Corpse or Slayer i could see alot of people watching them over here, but because its animated people dont give it enough credit.

lol

TonyD
10-13-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm considering getting a tattoo.

I would re-consider if you wanna represent. I don't remember exactly, but that's what you want to do right?

mankvill
10-13-2009, 09:17 PM
almost finished with my 2nd pseudo-metal journey

Kylesa -- Oct. 10
Dethklok -- Oct. 12
mc chris -- Oct. 13
Bane -- Oct. 14
ChthoniC -- Oct. 18 (maybe)

mankvill
10-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Don't know why we'd know so far in advance, but Tegan and Sara will be here on April 3rd.

Guess I know what I'll be doing April 3rd!

Staying at home listening to good music.

DethMaiden
10-14-2009, 07:14 AM
Don't know why we'd know so far in advance, but Tegan and Sara will be here on April 3rd.

;) Nice one. I'd be seeing them in Columbus but it's a weekday.

Spiral_Slave
10-14-2009, 10:28 AM
My new band's official debut EP is now online! Check it out at www.myspace.com/mandragorametal :blaze:

IrritatedTrout
10-14-2009, 12:46 PM

:horns:

mankvill
10-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Oog, I feel like I'm starting to get sick. D:

ChildrenofSodom
10-14-2009, 01:00 PM
I would re-consider if you wanna represent. I don't remember exactly, but that's what you want to do right?

I want to be a politician or work in the government. The tattoo would be hidden, so its not like everyone that looked at me would know i had it.

And besides, its 2009 and tattoos are pretty acceptable already. By the time I'm of age, who knows, maybe it will be okay to politicians to have tattoos, and support gay marriage.

mastodon421
10-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Just read this... you guys are going to love this..

http://www.lambgoat.com/news/view.aspx?id=13450

mankvill
10-14-2009, 02:19 PM

shitty "musician" quits shitty "band".

who cares.

DethMaiden
10-14-2009, 02:32 PM

I've seen her boobs.

JRA
10-14-2009, 02:40 PM
I've seen her boobs.

When?

DethMaiden
10-14-2009, 02:41 PM
When?

On the interwebz. A very quick Google search will reveal them.

MunicipalWasted
10-14-2009, 02:54 PM
MetalSuck's article on Kristen leaving is lulzy.

makethemsuffer12
10-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Just beat Resident Evil 4. It only took me about 1.5 - 2 weeks to beat it, but it was simply amazing. Now I just need a next-gen console and Resident Evil 5 =/

IrritatedTrout
10-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Resident Evil 5 is an amazing game. Definitly check it out if you get the chance.

powerslave_85
10-14-2009, 08:18 PM
On the interwebz. A very quick Google search will reveal them.
I looked. Very nice.

SomewhereInTime72
10-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Just beat Resident Evil 4. It only took me about 1.5 - 2 weeks to beat it, but it was simply amazing. Now I just need a gamecube and Resident Evil Remake =/

Fixed. :cool:

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Just took a midterm in my study lounge. It was 29 questions, 3 long answer, so the system scans the 20 multiple choice/6 true false questions, and I can get a max score of 88 now because I got six questions wrong. I feel confident, but a little bit nervous at how he will grade the writing portions. Hope I get somewhere in the 80's.

makethemsuffer12
10-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Fixed. :cool:

I do want to play the remake, but I hate Nintendo consoles lol. I think I might just go for the original, Jibble sandwich and all.

DethMaiden
10-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Just thought of calling Necrophagist "Necrophaggots". Had to post my brilliance.

mankvill
10-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Just thought of calling Necrophagist "Necrophaggots". Had to post my brilliance.

BOOYAH

DethMaiden
10-16-2009, 08:36 AM
http://tr00media.blogspot.com/2009/10/5-trends-in-metal-that-need-to-stop.html

Comment on the blog if you are so moved! It's my five least favorite things in metal today and some accompanying rants!

ChildrenofSodom
10-16-2009, 12:30 PM

Comment on the blog if you are so moved! It's my five least favorite things in metal today and some accompanying rants!

As I Lay Dying are worse than Slipknot? You're crazy.

DethMaiden
10-16-2009, 12:34 PM

Eh. I like "Before I Forget" and that one acoustic song. I don't like any AILD songs that I've heard.

Dextrimental
10-16-2009, 03:21 PM

I agree with everything but the macho posturing thing. I like all the bands you mentioned, and to be honest I think that the whole macho thing works very well on stage. I'm a gentle guy too, wouldn't hurt a fly, as are most of my friends, and they all love Lamb of God and Pantera. Well written article, I just disagree on that one point :)

JRA
10-16-2009, 05:40 PM
I think not just death metal vocals, but anything a-melodic- that shit needs to be banned from metal for an eternity.

Div
10-17-2009, 12:03 AM

agree, cept for #2. the folk instruments really arent a threat. and if youre gonna bash it based on the cheesiness, power metal has over 9000 times more cheese than the folk pagan metal does AND it has sucky vocals. plus some of the bands you listed as examples actually make good music. i dunno, instead of bashing ensiferum id rather take an axe to bands like coheed and evanescence, whove been falsely calling themselves metal for far too long.

spot on about how linkin park and similar bands are essentially just modern day hair metal... trying to commercialize heavy music for the masses and completely losing touch with what its supposed to be about.

Natrlhi
10-17-2009, 12:30 AM

Why would you do that? :confused:

TonyD
10-17-2009, 12:54 AM

Don't think so Charlie.

mankvill
10-17-2009, 06:14 PM
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/699996/Assassins-Creed-II-Magazine-Ad-Best-Game-Ad-Ever.html

Sweet.

mankvill
10-17-2009, 06:51 PM
KU: National Champions with only 1 loss? Sounds good.

At the end of the day, at least I can sit back and smile because at least we aren't K-State. :cool:

Maiden33
10-18-2009, 12:44 AM
I've had an interesting night, somewhat as that it's just ending now around Quarter-of 5 AM. Amongst many other things I did go to a strip club and get my first-ever (and let's be honest here, most likely one of my only) lap-dance(s). It has been a good night.

Spiral_Slave
10-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Just got done watching all four episodes of FlashForward. Not bad so far, I'll probably watch this first season and see what I think. Doesn't hold a candle to Lost though.

mankvill
10-18-2009, 11:38 AM
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3213/1255894063623.jpg

Div
10-18-2009, 11:58 AM
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3213/1255894063623.jpg

5/10

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-18-2009, 12:02 PM
2.5/10

IrritatedTrout
10-18-2009, 12:13 PM

Nice.:allan:

mankvill
10-18-2009, 12:45 PM
5/10

i just found it bro

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Just finished my first radio show up here at Bing :D. It was pretty spontaneous too, the guy said I had 30 minutes at the end all to myself, so I just picked from my I-Pod on the spot, and this happened to end up being my playlist:

Blackmail The Universe-Megadeth
Paradise Lost-Symphony-X
Oblivion-Mastodon
Virus-Heavenly
Immortal Life-Bonded By Blood

I wanted to put Prevail by Kataklysm in there, but time was running short, so I cut it out. It will show up somewhere in the future :rocker:

mankvill
10-19-2009, 11:48 AM
http://www.darkfuneral.se/album%20covers/DarkFuneral-AngelusExuroproEternus400x400px.jpg

yes sir.

TonyD
10-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Just figured out that Meshuggah has only been to the bay area 4 times in nearly 20 years. Once was Ozzfest and once was opening for Ministry.

Natrlhi
10-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Just figured out that Meshuggah has only been to the bay area 4 times in nearly 20 years. Once was Ozzfest and once was opening for Ministry.

That's a fucking travesty, that's what that is.

Maiden33
10-19-2009, 02:19 PM

http://www.wpapu.com

MunicipalWasted
10-19-2009, 08:09 PM
MY FUCKING AWESOME KUTTE BATTLEVEST IS FINISHED.

http://tshirtslayer.com/item/municipaldeths-kutte-battle-vest

:)

so much hard work, so much win.

DethMaiden
10-19-2009, 08:10 PM
MY FUCKING AWESOME KUTTE BATTLEVEST IS FINISHED.

http://tshirtslayer.com/item/municipaldeths-kutte-battle-vest

:)

so much hard work, so much win.

I have the same Anthrax patch on my vest. :fist:

MunicipalWasted
10-19-2009, 08:20 PM
I have the same Anthrax patch on my vest. :fist:

Pics?

DethMaiden
10-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Pics?

Hmm, actually no. I'll have a friend who owns a camera take some at some point for the board to see.

Div
10-21-2009, 02:29 PM
So Bill Clinton came to my campus yesterday to give some bullshit speech on why we should re-elect that douchebag Corzine as governor. :hecho:

DethMaiden
10-21-2009, 06:25 PM
We had an unbelievable Metal Club meeting tonight. Two and a half hours of civilized discourse on heavy metal culture.

JRA
10-21-2009, 06:31 PM
We had an unbelievable Metal Club meeting tonight. Two and a half hours of civilized discourse on heavy metal culture.

You also got your ass handed to you (in a civilized manner) on Lamb of God.

But seriously, absolutely unbelievable, I do not regret missing out on study time for attending this at all.

DethMaiden
10-21-2009, 06:32 PM
You also got your ass handed to you (in a civilized manner) on Lamb of God.

But seriously, absolutely unbelievable, I do not regret missing out on study time for attending this at all.

Bryce was convincing enough that I could bash the fans rather than the band, which we were able to agree on. I still hate their music with every fiber of my being, but I won't take out my thoughts on their legions on them anymore.

mankvill
10-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Bryce was convincing enough that I could bash the fans rather than the band, which we were able to agree on. I still hate their music with every fiber of my being, but I won't take out my thoughts on their legions on them anymore.

Dude, they're the greatest thrash metal band around today.

JRA
10-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Dude, they're the greatest thrash metal band around today.

Better than Skeletonwitch and Municipal Waste?

mankvill
10-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Better than Skeletonwitch and Municipal Waste?

um yeah, you don't see skeletonbitch or municipal feces pulling those kind of crowds and releasing amazing album after amazing album.

ChildrenofSodom
10-21-2009, 06:58 PM
um yeah, you don't see skeletonbitch or municipal feces.....releasing amazing album after amazing album.

Nor does Lamb of God.

mankvill
10-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Nor does Lamb of God.

UM EXCUSE ME WTF R U SAYIN

Dextrimental
10-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Oh god not this AGAIN!!!

IMO, lamb of god, are one of the few interesting bands in the spotlight today. I can be very fickle when it comes to music, and they've kept my attention, cementing their place as one of all time favorite bands, every album has gotten better and better as they've progressed.

Thats just my opinion.. Im tired and bored..

rjturtle9
10-21-2009, 07:32 PM
I think my GF is cheating on me. Shit sucks soooooooo much :snivel:

ChildrenofSodom
10-21-2009, 07:33 PM
lamb of god, are one of the few interesting bands in the spotlight today. I can be very fickle when it comes to music, and they've kept my attention, cementing their place as one of all time favorite bands, every album has gotten better and better as they've progressed.

For shits and giggles, what are you other favorite bands, right now and of all time?

Dextrimental
10-21-2009, 07:38 PM
For shits and giggles, what are you other favorite bands, right now and of all time?

Of all time:

PanterA
Slayer
Lamb of God
Slipknot

Right now:

As above and,
Joe Pass
Alex Skolnik Trio
Mudvayne
Blind Guardian

Go ahead laugh if you want, its just my opinion :)

Dextrimental
10-21-2009, 07:40 PM

Sorry to hear that bro, iv had it happen to me before and it hurts bad..

mankvill
10-21-2009, 07:55 PM

:hecho:

I'll kick her ass!

rjturtle9
10-21-2009, 11:03 PM
:hecho:

I'll kick her ass!

if it's true, ima be kicking a lot of people's asses :(

DethMaiden
10-22-2009, 07:15 PM
http://tr00media.blogspot.com/2009/10/have-yourself-metal-little-christmas.html

Christmas just came early, bitches!

Spiral_Slave
10-22-2009, 07:35 PM

I can't find the Halford album? :confused:

DethMaiden
10-22-2009, 07:39 PM
I can't find the Halford album? :confused:

It's there...I found three or four. Just google Halford Winter Songs torrent.

EDIT: Alternatively it's all on Youtube.

Maiden33
10-22-2009, 07:52 PM
The new TSO album is alright. Definitely overly long, has about 6 or 7 actual really good songs amongst a sea of mediocrity. Overall it just kind of sounds like "Diet TSO". Too much obvious Savatage re-writing and re-recording, not enough actual power and inspiration behind the music. It definitely has its moments though and is growing on me. I'll buy it once it's out since I'm sure the booklet has like 50 pages of liner notes which will help me better appreciate it. After that, you can expect a full-length review in a little time.
I gotta review the new Jaded Heart album first though, which is absolutely :rocker::rocker::rocker:

rjturtle9
10-22-2009, 09:44 PM
well for those who care, she broke up with me :snivel:

make me feel better yeah buddies lol

mankvill
10-22-2009, 09:52 PM

:( <3

JRA
10-23-2009, 04:53 AM

Sucks. My condolences.

Div
10-23-2009, 10:35 AM

you should check out tom angelripper's christmas album, its hilarious and so metal at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZo4EQAPB8U

DethMaiden
10-23-2009, 10:42 AM
you should check out tom angelripper's christmas album, its hilarious and so metal at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZo4EQAPB8U

:rocker: Noice.

powerslave_85
10-23-2009, 10:45 AM
I made an awesome Christmas playlist last year. I don't think was any metal on it, though. I can't remember everything on it, but here's a few:
Blink 182- "I Won't Be Home For Christmas"
FEAR- "Fuck Christmas"
Built To Spill- "Linus and Lucy"
The Kinks- "Father Christmas"
Bad Religion- "Joy To the World/Noel" (Live bootleg)
Bruce Springsteen- "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"
The Pogues- "Fairytale of New York"

DethMaiden
10-23-2009, 10:46 AM
I made an awesome Christmas playlist last year. I don't think was any metal on it, though. I can't remember everything on it, but here's a few:
FEAR- "Fuck Christmas"

"Fairytale of New York" is clearly the best Christmas song of all time. :bowdown:

mankvill
10-23-2009, 10:47 AM
FEAR- "Fuck Christmas"

:lol: I remember one time when I was like 13, I made a CD of all punk christmas songs and played them for my parents. :D

Maiden33
10-25-2009, 04:29 AM
Currently setting off on an epic quest to distant realms - known as the PA Renaissance Faire. Been trying to go back ever since October '07, finally got the chance to do so. It's gonna be an awesome day.

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-25-2009, 02:36 PM
http://www.whrwfm.org/listenlive.php

My show is playing now!

MunicipalWasted
10-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Listening to Escape the Fate.
they're awesome :D

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Playlist:

Burn In Hell (Demo)-Twisted Sister
Communion-SepticFlesh
Submit To The Suffering-Skeletonwitch
Waidmanns Heil-Rammstein
Misanthrope-Death
Doom of Destiny (Arabia)-Axxis
World Painted Blood-Slayer

mankvill
10-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Listening to Escape the Fate.
they're awesome :D

:|

TonyD
10-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Just had a Star Trek movie marathon sleepover

Currently setting off on an epic quest to distant realms - known as the PA Renaissance Faire. Been trying to go back ever since October '07, finally got the chance to do so. It's gonna be an awesome day.

NERD

ADD
10-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Currently setting off on an epic quest to distant realms

Me too :stoned: :hippie: :scared: :eek: