PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part III

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

mankvill
09-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Their only really good album, IMNSHO.

Yeah. I liked some of Machine too, only for nostalgia reasons, really.

They were the first band I downloaded on Morpheus back in the day. :bliss:

JRA
09-16-2009, 05:56 PM
So the good news is, I have a show. The bad news is, it's only an hour.

Apparently the assholes over there don't like metal very much, so they like to lump it in all on one timeslot: Saturday nights.

You know, these fuckers talk a lot of high and mighty shit about how "they're diverse," but if you are so afraid of a genre that you put it all in one slot, that's essentially the broadcast equivalent of environmental racism.

ChildrenofSodom
09-16-2009, 06:15 PM
So the good news is, I have a show. The bad news is, it's only an hour.

Apparently the assholes over there don't like metal very much, so they like to lump it in all on one timeslot: Saturday nights.

You know, these fuckers talk a lot of high and mighty shit about how "they're diverse," but if you are so afraid of a genre that you put it all in one slot, that's essentially the broadcast equivalent of environmental racism.

:violin:

b_halperin
09-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Five Finger Death Punch sold out

ChildrenofSodom
09-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Five Finger Death Punch sold out

Yeah, man. Their new shit sucks.

b_halperin
09-16-2009, 07:36 PM
1,000th post.

time to give a speech.

this site is awesome and in the time ive been here ive felt loved and respected. OH NO HERE COME THE WATERWORKS. :bliss: this site is awesome and i expect to post 1000 more times.

:D

Natrlhi
09-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah, man. Their new shit sucks.
:lol: How clever of you. ;)

DethMaiden
09-16-2009, 09:47 PM
drunk and tired and class at 9

Maiden33
09-16-2009, 10:13 PM

College finally got to you I see. :headoff:

ChildrenofSodom
09-16-2009, 10:30 PM

Where da fuckin' party at?

Natrlhi
09-17-2009, 05:30 AM

Finally? He only lasted for like two weeks! :D

(ah, the good ol' days...:bliss:)

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 06:19 AM

:lol: Nah, I stand behind my "fuck frat parties" and "fuck house parties" and "fuck the cool kids" stance; this was just me and some friends from my honors journalism getting together in a dorm and eliminating a bottle of Captain Morgan and a case of Diet Coke. ;)

I definitely won't be getting drunk on a daily or even weekly basis, and I didn't even get that drunk but it's nice to know I have a low-key small group of people to drink with because fuck parties.

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 06:20 AM
Finally? He only lasted for like two weeks! :D

(ah, the good ol' days...:bliss:)

Pfft, almost four weeks. ;)

JRA
09-17-2009, 06:21 AM
:lol: Nah, I stand behind my "fuck frat parties" and "fuck house parties" and "fuck the cool kids" stance; this was just me and some friends from my honors journalism getting together in a dorm and eliminating a bottle of Captain Morgan and a case of Diet Coke. ;)

I definitely won't be getting drunk on a daily or even weekly basis, and I didn't even get that drunk but it's nice to know I have a low-key small group of people to drink with because fuck parties.

Where did you guys go? I came back around 9:40 and everyone was gone. I also tried calling you but no answer.

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 06:22 AM
Where did you guys go? I came back around 9:40 and everyone was gone. I also tried calling you but no answer.

I was on the phone doing an interview when you called so I didn't switch lines. We all just...left. Mike said he had to get going so everyone just followed suit.

Natrlhi
09-17-2009, 06:32 AM
Pfft, almost four weeks. ;)

:lol: :D

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Having annoying problems with Beatcraft :bouville:

mankvill
09-17-2009, 03:30 PM
"The fact of the matter is I could have learned about it just as easily from several other forms of teaching rather than attempting to teach it to me in what they hope would be the most vivid manner. Things such as racism are better left to be learned about by parents or a person's social life. Fictional stories are in my opinion worth next to nothing when it comes to shaping a person's views. Therefore I say ban books that are to edgy or touch on topics that should not be addressed in a junior high or high school classroom. There are plenty of other books out there that can get the same point across in a more appropriate manner. I support free speech and expression only when it is not being imposed on the impressionable and then re-imposed and structured to fit an instructors point of view."

I fucking love my online class.

ChildrenofSodom
09-17-2009, 03:55 PM
"The fact of the matter is I could have learned about it just as easily from several other forms of teaching rather than attempting to teach it to me in what they hope would be the most vivid manner. Things such as racism are better left to be learned about by parents or a person's social life. Fictional stories are in my opinion worth next to nothing when it comes to shaping a person's views. Therefore I say ban books that are to edgy or touch on topics that should not be addressed in a junior high or high school classroom. There are plenty of other books out there that can get the same point across in a more appropriate manner. I support free speech and expression only when it is not being imposed on the impressionable and then re-imposed and structured to fit an instructors point of view."

I fucking love my online class.

You're from which state? Oh, Kansas...that's right.

mankvill
09-17-2009, 04:02 PM
You're from which state? Oh, Kansas...that's right.

surprisingly there's only like 3 people like this in the class. And they're all crotchety old bitches.

ADD
09-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Where da fuckin' party at?

Hunnies wanna chat
But all we wanna know is where the party at
And can I bring my gat?

ChildrenofSodom
09-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Hunnies wanna chat
But all we wanna know is where the party at
And can I bring my gat?

If you got a gun up in your waist please don't shoot up the place.
Cause I see some ladies tonight who should be havin' my baby. Bay-bay!

JRA
09-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Two words: Potato disaster.

Div
09-17-2009, 09:37 PM
what happened to the fuckin rammstein thread????

JRA
09-18-2009, 06:21 AM
what happened to the fuckin rammstein thread????

I was looking for it this morning. I'm guessing it got deleted because of the penetration.

Div
09-18-2009, 10:03 AM
I was looking for it this morning. I'm guessing it got deleted because of the penetration.

thats fucking stupid.. if anything just take the link to the video out, but to remove an entire conversation is just lame.

Natrlhi
09-18-2009, 11:24 AM
thats fucking stupid.. if anything just take the link to the video out, but to remove an entire conversation is just lame.
You could petition the mods to reinstate the thread with the objectionable post(s) removed...just a thought.

ChildrenofSodom
09-18-2009, 11:59 AM
All moved into my dorm!

DethMaiden
09-18-2009, 03:03 PM
All moved into my dorm!

:fist: :party:

(my favorite combination of smilies ever)

I'm getting ready to piece together my second feature on a band who gave me a broken English interview this week! The singer didn't even utter a complete sentence!

JRA
09-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Decided to go to Gamer's Guild anyway; what a fucking waste of time, not to mention an extra meal -extra calories- that I did not need.

b_halperin
09-18-2009, 10:29 PM
pissed that im missing sonata arctica and dragonforce right now :(

other than that, I just learned Through the Never and Eye of the Beholder by Metallica on guitar, fun songs to play

mankvill
09-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Blind Guardian was supposed to play here on their last US tour, but shit got fucked up. :(

When are they gonna tour the US again?!

mankvill
09-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Oh God, I'm getting so depressed looking at all the amazing tours that came to Lawrence before I was into metal.

Dimmu Borgir, Nevermore, Children of Bodom, Hypocrisy

Andrew W.K.

Mastodon, Clutch

Cannibal Corpse, Decapitated, Hypocrisy, Vile

Opeth, Moonspell

All in the same little bar/club that nowadays gets no metal concerts whatsoever. :(

es156
09-19-2009, 06:38 AM

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2009, 08:03 AM
About to play some OSU basketball. :shred:

TonyD
09-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Josh Homme is weeding out some Kyuss/Queens gear on ebay.

SomewhereInTime72
09-19-2009, 11:22 AM
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/9/28/203016/697/536/613742

This is fucked up. Dear Ohioans, how can you even stand to live in such a place? :bouville:

other side of the story here, but it seems like both articles are pretty damn slanted (http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/09/27/ddn092608evacweb.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=16) either way, something extremely fucked up just happened.

mankvill
09-19-2009, 11:35 AM

This is fucked up. Dear Ohioans, how can you even stand to live in such a place? :bouville:

other side of the story here, but it seems like both articles are pretty damn slanted (http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/09/27/ddn092608evacweb.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=16) either way, something extremely fucked up just happened.

holy fuck. kansas ain't got nothin' on ohio for being crazy nutjobs.

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2009, 11:36 AM

Holy shit. Thats where we're from. I know where that Mosque is. :eyes: Goddamn. I hadn't heard of this story, but i certainly remember getting that bullshit DVD in the mail. And the Dayton Daily Disappointment is fairly liberal, or at least left-leaning. I think the police were stupid to not pursue hate crime motives further. Our area is pretty fucking ignorant.

IrritatedTrout
09-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Sun Sep 28, 2008

SomewhereInTime72
09-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Sun Sep 28, 2008

The fact that it's that old is also bothersome, makes me wonder how such a ridiculous story could not gain any national attention.

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2009, 12:27 PM
The fact that it's that old is also bothersome, makes me wonder how such a ridiculous story could not gain any national attention.

Dude, crazy shit happens all the time. I'm not making excuses for the perpetrators, buts there is plenty of bad shit that goes down everyday. A terrorist was in my town's library, using our computers, but that didn't make national news.

SomewhereInTime72
09-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Dude, crazy shit happens all the time. I'm not making excuses for the perpetrators, buts there is plenty of bad shit that goes down everyday. A terrorist was in my town's library, using our computers, but that didn't make national news.

Yeah, but I mean, the cause was something that is of national concern, not just something crazy and out there. :tongue:

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Yeah, but I mean, the cause was something that is of national concern, not just something crazy and out there. :tongue:

I disagree. Oh well. Our city also has chicken fuckers.

Natrlhi
09-19-2009, 12:41 PM

You're right. Everybody in Ohio thinks shit like this is OK.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?

Yeah, let me move to a DIFFERENT STATE because some insane idiot did something completely fucked up and unconscionable.

I'm sure the state you live in has exactly zero people who are sociopathic crazy fuckers.

Gimme a break.

The only thing I read today which was more fucked up than this article was your question about how Ohioans could live in a state like Ohio.

SomewhereInTime72
09-19-2009, 12:50 PM
You're right. Everybody in Ohio thinks shit like this is OK.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?

Yeah, let me move to a DIFFERENT STATE because some insane idiot did something completely fucked up and unconscionable.

I'm sure the state you live in has exactly zero people who are sociopathic crazy fuckers.

Gimme a break.

The only thing I read today which was more fucked up than this article was your question about how Ohioans could live in a state like Ohio.

You're right, this does happen where I live. :tp:

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2009, 12:53 PM

Ohio is such a huge fucking state. People kinda piss me off when they bash on Ohio, because none of the four corners of the state are the same, at all. The ethnic groups are distributed different, dialects are different, family history is different, customs are different. Ohio is a pretty big melting pot, so to say.

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2009, 12:54 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/12/nyregion/12attack.html?ex=1318305600&en=62da75ea432e6640&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

Natrlhi
09-19-2009, 12:54 PM

It doesn't "happen" where I live, either.

...and wait a minute - are you telling me there have been absolutely no hate crimes of any kind in lovely old Brooklyn...ever?!?

Dude - just admit it - you totally spoke out of fucking turn and made a generalization about everyone who lives in the state of Ohio just because of one or two individuals who are obviously criminally insane.

Have the stones to admit that you misspoke - don't keep it going with your fucking sarcasm - that pisses me off even more.

SomewhereInTime72
09-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Dude - just admit it - you totally spoke out of fucking turn and made a generalization about everyone who lives in the state of Ohio just because of one or two individuals who are obviously criminally insane.

Have the stones to admit that you misspoke - don't keep it going with your fucking sarcasm - that pisses me off even more.

No.

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2009, 12:56 PM
No.

Dude, I can't believe what you're saying.

Natrlhi
09-19-2009, 01:06 PM
No.

Fine. It's the only out you had from the hole you dug yourself into. Now you just look like a total douche in front of everybody on this board who has any intelligence whatsoever. Your choice.

How utterly fucking disappointing. I honestly thought you were more intelligent than that - I guess I was wrong.

SomewhereInTime72
09-19-2009, 01:07 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/12/nyregion/12attack.html?ex=1318305600&en=62da75ea432e6640&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

Population density of Ohio: 256.2/sq mi
Population density of Brooklyn: 34,916.6/sq mi

Just sayin'. (without going into the details the point I'm making here should make sense)

Allow me to clarify what I said earlier: I'm not implying all Ohioans are racist/ignorant/whatever the hell, else I wouldn't get any enjoyment from posting on a board where at least 3 of the major contributing members are from Ohio. At no point did I say that all of Ohio is worthless/bad/ignorant etc. and it is not my fault that perhaps an oversensitive person read that when it wasn't there. I just meant that to be a REASONABLE person living where something that unreasonable has happened, it must feel like shit. Being that entire neighborhoods where I live that have the same amount of people as, lets use Dayton as an example, I would sure as shit be uncomfortable living in the same neighborhood as that sort of ignorant crime was carried out.

Natrlhi
09-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Population density of Ohio: 256.2/sq mi
Population density of Brooklyn: 34,916.6/sq mi

Just sayin'. (without going into the details the point I'm making here should make sense)

Allow me to clarify what I said earlier: I'm not implying all Ohioans are racist/ignorant/whatever the hell, else I wouldn't get any enjoyment from posting on a board where at least 3 of the major contributing members are from Ohio. At no point did I say that all of Ohio is worthless/bad/ignorant etc. and it is not my fault that perhaps an oversensitive person read that when it wasn't there. I just meant that to be a REASONABLE person living where something that unreasonable has happened, it must feel like shit. Being that entire neighborhoods where I live that have the same amount of people as, lets use Dayton as an example, I would sure as shit be uncomfortable living in the same neighborhood as that sort of ignorant crime was carried out.

The entire state of Ohio is a pretty big fucking "neighborhood", dude.

ergo, that can't possibly be what you meant. Like I said, just have the stones to admit that you misspoke. It's not a sign of weakness - it's a sign of maturity. Seriously.

DethMaiden
09-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Dude, what the utter fuck. Dayton is not a terrible place to live. On the contrary, it's a wonderful place to live and I miss it already. Fuck that generalizing bullshit. Ohio isn't a shining city on a hill but neither is this country. Bad shit happens, but it doesn't justify stereotyping.

DethMaiden
09-19-2009, 01:17 PM
I understand your latter point but it doesn't make me sick to my stomach to live somewhere that this happens. Maybe we should all feel sick to our stomachs as Americans, since state boundaries are largely artificial.

SomewhereInTime72
09-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Fine. It's the only out you had from the hole you dug yourself into. Now you just look like a total douche in front of everybody on this board who has any intelligence whatsoever. Your choice.

How utterly fucking disappointing. I honestly thought you were more intelligent than that - I guess I was wrong.
Call me a douche, whatever. If I have to suck your proverbial dick to make you approve of me, I'd rather come off as a douche.
The state of Ohio is a pretty big fucking "neighborhood", dude.

ergo, that can't possibly be what you meant. Like I said, just have the stones to admit that you misspoke. It's not a sign of weakness - it's a sign of maturity. Seriously.
I did not compare a neighborhood to a state. I could, if you want me to.

I'm not going to "admit that I misspoke," because I didn't. I don't know what to say to you if you have a problem, because I never said anything that really pushed any boundaries.

And while were at it, do you really think that I think that where I live is perfect? I rather hate where I live (I'm never there, even now). But I would hate it more if it were filled with racists that commit crimes such as the one I posted. I live where I live because I'm 19, and I don't have that much of a choice. But, like I said before, I would at the very least feel extremely uncomfortable if people in my proximity behaved in such a manner.

edit: Brad, regarding your second post, I do feel ashamed as an American for what happened, which is what motivated my posting of the story. I merely went to be more specific because I knew there were people from there area around here. I seriously don't see what anger there is to be had about my (rhetorical) question...

edit2: And I never said anything about leaving the state or whatever. :wtf: guys...

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2009, 01:21 PM
I understand your latter point but it doesn't make me sick to my stomach to live somewhere that this happens. Maybe we should all feel sick to our stomachs as Americans, since state boundaries are largely artificial.

Ex-fucking-actly. How do we all live in a 'neighborhood' that sells bombs to Israel, who then drops them on children. Thats an extreme example, but the point stands.

Where ever you live, you have to pick your battles. Lots of things piss me off about where i live, but i can't fix all of them. And moving some place else doesn't solve anything. Fix what you can, support those who are trying to change what you can't.

Natrlhi
09-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Call me a douche, whatever. If I have to suck your proverbial dick to make you approve of me, I'd rather come off as a douche.

I did not compare a neighborhood to a state. I could, if you want me to.

I'm not going to "admit that I misspoke," because I didn't. I don't know what to say to you if you have a problem, because I never said anything that really pushed any boundaries.

And while were at it, do you really think that I think that where I live is perfect? I rather hate where I live (I'm never there, even now). But I would hate it more if it were filled with racists that commit crimes such as the one I posted. I live where I live because I'm 19, and I don't have that much of a choice. But, like I said before, I would at the very least feel extremely uncomfortable if people in my proximity behaved in such a manner.

edit: Brad, regarding your second post, I do feel ashamed as an American for what happened, which is what motivated my posting of the story. I merely went to be more specific because I knew there were people from there area around here. I seriously don't see what anger there is to be had about my (rhetorical) question...

You don't have to suck anything. It would just be in your best own interest to show some maturity when you make a generalization that paints everyone in Ohio as either racist or supportive (even if by passively condoning) of racists.

..and like I said above - "in proximity" and the distance from one end of Ohio to the other are two completely different fucking things.

DethMaiden
09-19-2009, 01:26 PM
http://z.about.com/d/cleveland/1/0/8/5/-/-/flag.jpg

Natrlhi
09-19-2009, 01:28 PM
I seriously don't see what anger there is to be had about my (rhetorical) question...
A "rhetorical" question that begins, "Dear Ohioans"...? Sorry, dude, but no.

SomewhereInTime72
09-19-2009, 01:28 PM
You don't have to suck anything. It would just be in your best own interest to show some maturity when you make a generalization that paints everyone in Ohio as either racist or supportive (even if by passively condoning) of racists.

..and like I said above - "in proximity" and the distance from one end of Ohio to the other are two completely different fucking things.

I never even remotely implied said generalization, sorry.

edit: A "rhetorical" question that begins, "Dear Ohioans"...? Sorry, dude, but no.

A rhetorical question directed at Ohioans, yes.

Natrlhi
09-19-2009, 01:37 PM
I never even remotely implied said generalization, sorry.

Yes, you did.

"This is fucked up. Dear Ohioans, how can you even stand to live in such a place?"

...apparently, you just didn't mean to.

Next time, you might just want to choose your words more carefully. Just a suggestion.

SomewhereInTime72
09-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Yes, you did.

"This is fucked up. Dear Ohioans, how can you even stand to live in such a place?"

...apparently, you just didn't mean to.

Next time, you might just want to choose your words more carefully. Just a suggestion.

Where does that say "how can you even stand to live in such a place where everyone is racist and ignorant"?

Next time, you might just want to retake a reading comprehension course. Just a suggestion.

Natrlhi
09-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Where does that say "how can you even stand to live in such a place where everyone is racist and ignorant"?

Next time, you might just want to retake a reading comprehension course. Just a suggestion.

Well, I was ready to just let this go as a misunderstanding. Then you went and insulted my intelligence. Now we have an actual problem.

You should have quit while you were ahead - now I'm done talking to you.

SomewhereInTime72
09-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Well, I was ready to just let this go as a misunderstanding. Then you went and insulted my intelligence. Now we have an actual problem.

You should have quit while you were ahead - now I'm done talking to you.

:lol: :lol: It's cool. Loads of people can't handle my sense of humor. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Time and change will surely show
How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

mankvill
09-19-2009, 02:26 PM
I guess you should have pride in your state because your college teams suck so much. ;)

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!

SomewhereInTime72
09-19-2009, 02:28 PM
pride is a deadly sin

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2009, 02:54 PM
I guess you should have pride in your state because your college teams suck so much. ;)

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!

KANSAS GAYWALK, moar liek it! OH-IO!

mankvill
09-19-2009, 03:08 PM
KANSAS GAYWALK, moar liek it! OH-IO!

Well OSU already lost to USC...

:D

DethMaiden
09-19-2009, 03:27 PM
IU is 3-0. :D

mankvill
09-19-2009, 03:42 PM
IU is 3-0. :D

KU is too. ;)

I know it's not IU, but a couple years ago, ISU and FSU played a game at the Chief's stadium here in Kansas City and me and my Dad went and it was probably one of the best sporting event's I've ever attended. FSU rallied to beat ISU at the last minute and then ISU looked like they scored a touchdown on the last play, but they ruled him down on the 1 for the end of the game. Turns out they reviewed the play a couple days later and he was actually in.

DethMaiden
09-19-2009, 03:58 PM
KU is too. ;)

I know it's not IU, but a couple years ago, ISU and FSU played a game at the Chief's stadium here in Kansas City and me and my Dad went and it was probably one of the best sporting event's I've ever attended. FSU rallied to beat ISU at the last minute and then ISU looked like they scored a touchdown on the last play, but they ruled him down on the 1 for the end of the game. Turns out they reviewed the play a couple days later and he was actually in.

Why the fuck was Florida State playing Indiana State in the first place, and why would it be in Kansas. :eyes:

mankvill
09-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Why the fuck was Florida State playing Indiana State in the first place, and why would it be in Kansas. :eyes:

:lol: I dunno! I think they have some kind of rivalry? I got a t-shirt from the game...

edit: oh, it was Iowa State, not Indiana State. :lol:

DethMaiden
09-19-2009, 04:49 PM
:lol: I dunno! I think they have some kind of rivalry? I got a t-shirt from the game...

edit: oh, it was Iowa State, not Indiana State. :lol:

Yeah, IU is Indiana, not Iowa. :tongue: We are in Iowa's conference, though. And Kansas is in Iowa State's (bizarre).

SomewhereInTime72
09-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Speaking of college football, Emma Watson (hermione!) is at the football game that my school JUST won (stony brook vs. brown). Interesting tidbit :eek:.

DethMaiden
09-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Speaking of college football, Emma Watson (hermione!) is at the football game that my school JUST won (stony brook vs. brown). Interesting tidbit :eek:.

That is bizarre. I saw that game on the bottom of another game and I was like wtf Stony Brook plays football?

SomewhereInTime72
09-19-2009, 05:46 PM
That is bizarre. I saw that game on the bottom of another game and I was like wtf Stony Brook plays football?

:lol: :lol: I feel like no one was probably at the game. My school has very very little "school spirit," not to mention everyone goes home (to the city or somewhere on long island) on the weekends. So it doesn't exactly get much support or attention, but apparently there are a lot of good sports teams here. :eyes:

Natrlhi
09-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Speaking of college football, I was just watching the WVU / Auburn game when an Under Armour commercial came on...the background music was "First Breath After Coma", from Explosions in the Sky. Nice to see those guys achieving some commercial success.

I've also heard their stuff in several movies, along with their brethren This Will Destroy You. Still have yet to see either of these bands live, but I'm watching the radar screens. When they come anywhere close, I'm there. Outstanding stuff.

Nat :horns:

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Speaking of college football, I was just watching the WVU / Auburn game when an Under Armour commercial came on...the background music was "First Breath After Coma", from Explosions in the Sky. Nice to see those guys achieving some commercial success.

lulz

DethMaiden
09-19-2009, 06:21 PM

I've also heard their stuff in several movies, along with their brethren This Will Destroy You. Still have yet to see either of these bands live, but I'm watching the radar screens. When they come anywhere close, I'm there. Outstanding stuff.

Nat :horns:

I've seen that commercial a dozen times now and it still gets me. The combination of that beautiful music and the images of kids playing football from the little league level clear up to college just punches me in the face with nostalgia. Sixty seconds never got me so close to tears. :bliss:

And EITS wrote the soundtrack to "Friday Night Lights" and also contributed "Your Hand in Mine", but I don't know what else they've done, or what TWDY have had in movies. Regardless, the combination of post-rock and football makes me a happy man.

Natrlhi
09-19-2009, 06:33 PM
I've seen that commercial a dozen times now and it still gets me. The combination of that beautiful music and the images of kids playing football from the little league level clear up to college just punches me in the face with nostalgia. Sixty seconds never got me so close to tears. :bliss:

And EITS wrote the soundtrack to "Friday Night Lights" and also contributed "Your Hand in Mine", but I don't know what else they've done, or what TWDY have had in movies. Regardless, the combination of post-rock and football makes me a happy man.

Yeah, FNL is probably the most famous movie to feature EITS's work. I'm sure there's more, though - I would have to look it up. A few of TWDY's tracks turned up in that movie with Kate Beckinsale and Sam Rockwell - I think it was called "Snow Angels" (very good movie, by the way). I think they may have more movie credits on their resume as well, but I'm not sure.

Have you ever seen either one of these bands live? They don't tour that much, but I'm still hoping to see one of them one of these days. TWDY's self-titled album was #11 (out of around 80 or so albums) on my list last year.

Natrlhi
09-19-2009, 06:35 PM
lulz

:cheese:

DethMaiden
09-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah, FNL is probably the most famous movie to feature EITS's work. I'm sure there's more, though - I would have to look it up. A few of TWDY's tracks turned up in that movie with Kate Beckinsale and Sam Rockwell - I think it was called "Snow Angels" (very good movie, by the way). I think they may have more movie credits on their resume as well, but I'm not sure.

Have you ever seen either one of these bands live? They don't tour that much, but I'm still hoping to see one of them one of these days. TWDY's self-titled album was #11 (out of around 80 or so albums) on my list last year.

I haven't seen either live yet, but Explosions in the Sky are on my short list of most-wanted to see live bands, top five or so.

mankvill
09-19-2009, 07:03 PM
I've seen EITS live.

Pretty awesome.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-19-2009, 07:25 PM
I just downloaded Star Fox 64 onto my Wii and beat the game in about an hour. Win :party:

mankvill
09-19-2009, 07:29 PM
I just downloaded Star Fox 64 onto my Wii and beat the game in about an hour. Win :party:

Pfft. You probably didn't even fight the real boss on the train level.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-19-2009, 07:43 PM

In my defense, I haven't played the game in a LONG fucking time. The only thing I remembered how to do was not fight the normal boss in the first level, so I fought the thing after you go through the waterfall. When I pick it up again sometime tomorrow I'll try and actually "beat" the game.

JRA
09-19-2009, 07:53 PM

What are you talking about? You're supposed to beat the game in an hour or less. You can't fucking get everything on your first try.

mankvill
09-19-2009, 07:56 PM
What are you talking about? You're supposed to beat the game in an hour or less. You can't fucking get everything on your first try.

You're supposed to hit the 8 switches on the train level to switch the train tracks.

Man, I know all the warps/extra bosses. Starfox 64 is my favorite N64 game. :cool:

Maiden33
09-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Just got home after two long and exciting days of performing with the Chris Caffery band. I'm fucking exhausted. Entirely too much driving and hassle, but the shows were good and a lot of fun, and hey, I did get to play with a member of one of my favorite bands of all-time. Not bad for a random weekend on a few days notice.

Natrlhi
09-19-2009, 08:47 PM
I've seen EITS live.

Pretty awesome.

Mankvill + Post-Rock = really?

I did not know that.

mankvill
09-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Mankvill + Post-Rock = really?

I did not know that.

Yeah. Took my friend to that show because I knew he loved EITS. It was pretty heavy at times!

Natrlhi
09-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah. Took my friend to that show because I knew he loved EITS. It was pretty heavy at times!
If you ever want any suggestions regarding Post-Rock (or Post-Metal either, for that matter), I'd like to think I could point you in the right direction. Brad knows that shit pretty thoroughly as well.

EDIT: Come to think of it, didn't you post a thread about that a while back? Something about instrumental music?

JRA
09-19-2009, 09:43 PM
You're supposed to hit the 8 switches on the train level to switch the train tracks.

Man, I know all the warps/extra bosses. Starfox 64 is my favorite N64 game. :cool:

As do I. Doesn't mean you can get it all on one shot. It's physically impossible!

ChildrenofSodom
09-20-2009, 03:39 AM
If you ever want any suggestions regarding Post-Rock (or Post-Metal either, for that matter), I'd like to think I could point you in the right direction. Brad knows that shit pretty thoroughly as well.

EDIT: Come to think of it, didn't you post a thread about that a while back? Something about instrumental music?

I think Ohio is the post-rock state. :lol:

DethMaiden
09-20-2009, 06:37 AM
I think Ohio is the post-rock state. :lol:

Hell yeah it is. :horns: None of the really big acts are from here but we respect the shit out of them and produce some awesome ones ourselves.

mankvill
09-20-2009, 10:15 AM
As do I. Doesn't mean you can get it all on one shot. It's physically impossible!

Oh, I know. I actually got the strategy guide for that game before the actual game. And I remember Nintendo Power sent me the promo video for it. Did anyone else have that?

ChildrenofSodom
09-20-2009, 04:24 PM
So, I feel like playing metal in my dorm and wearing metal t-shirts is alienating me from otherwise friendly Ohio Staters thus far. Oh well. :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
09-20-2009, 04:31 PM
So, I feel like playing metal in my dorm and wearing metal t-shirts is alienating me from otherwise friendly Ohio Staters thus far. Oh well. :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

:cool: You just need to show them that your interests don't mean you're anything like the unfriendly image most people have of metal fans. Unless you are ;).

ChildrenofSodom
09-20-2009, 04:37 PM
:cool: You just need to show them that your interests don't mean you're anything like the unfriendly image most people have of metal fans. Unless you are ;).

I'm definitely not doing anything weird. I'm making lots of friends, and positive acquaintances, its just blasting Heaven and Hell and BTBAM out of my laptop to an open dorm hall, coupled with wearing weird shirts, isn't doing me any favors. Everyone else here wears cargo shorts, sandals, and Ohio State shirts, and listens to either bad rap or radio rock.

JRA
09-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Oh, I know. I actually got the strategy guide for that game before the actual game. And I remember Nintendo Power sent me the promo video for it. Did anyone else have that?

I remember seeing the promo video. Aquas looked alot better on the demo than it does on the game. :eyes:

also, my Starfox 64 high score is 1493.

DethMaiden
09-20-2009, 07:40 PM
I'd had an Inglourious Basterds wallpaper on my computer since it came out, but after a unsatisfactory hunt for a good background from The Prisoner, I went back to the Captain America's shield covered in blood that I had for most of the summer. Still so awesome.

ChildrenofSodom
09-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Updating my resume for an internship in the Ohio Statehouse.

Maiden33
09-20-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm just finishing listening to the new Redemption album for approximately the fifth time today. Needless to say, I find it pretty fucking great.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-21-2009, 06:22 AM
In production of my fourth song. My style is getting more and more black metal-ish it seems, with heavy traces of death metal though. We'll see where it goes. Hopefully it comes out good.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Being bored to tears in my economics class :hecho:

DethMaiden
09-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Skipped Spanish and math for the second time today. Probably need to stop doing that.

SomewhereInTime72
09-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Skipped Spanish and math for the second time today. Probably need to stop doing that.

Tip: go to all your classes on mondays. If you skip Monday it becomes so much easier to skip on later days in the week. missing a whole week is bad. :tongue:

mankvill
09-21-2009, 09:59 AM
http://imgsrv.989therock.com/image/DbLiteGraphic/200909/5148425.jpg?1253536255

I knew Freaker's Ball was going to be bad this year, but this is a goddamn abortion.

makethemsuffer12
09-21-2009, 11:20 AM
^As tr00 as it gets right there haha

Though I do actually like KSE and Shadows Fall =/

DethMaiden
09-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Tip: go to all your classes on mondays. If you skip Monday it becomes so much easier to skip on later days in the week. missing a whole week is bad. :tongue:

:snivel: I know. I'm bad.

mankvill
09-21-2009, 11:32 AM
:snivel: I know. I'm bad.

:nonono:

Maiden33
09-21-2009, 02:07 PM
DJ'ing. Tune in. :allan:

http://www.wpapu.com

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-21-2009, 07:00 PM
My feet are killing me from the leg workout I had today :bouville:

Natrlhi
09-21-2009, 07:02 PM
My feet are killing me from the leg workout I had today :bouville:

Suck it up, Mary. No pain, no gain. :D

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-21-2009, 07:03 PM

Suck it up, Mary. No pain, no gain. :D

:lol:

I know, but I have all the right to moan about it ;)

MunicipalWasted
09-21-2009, 11:32 PM
http://imgsrv.989therock.com/image/DbLiteGraphic/200909/5148425.jpg?1253536255

I knew Freaker's Ball was going to be bad this year, but this is a goddamn abortion.

SO FUCKING THERE!

TonyD
09-21-2009, 11:35 PM
^ just realized that looks like Shadows Fail

mankvill
09-22-2009, 12:15 AM
SO FUCKING THERE!

Have fun with all the wiggers. :light:

SomewhereInTime72
09-22-2009, 12:17 PM
In class... and I have no clue why. Today is a day for individual meetings to help us with our papers (it's gonna be hell), but my meeting isn't scheduled for today. Instead we have an optional assignment to do. It's a waste of time. :flame:

DethMaiden
09-22-2009, 12:36 PM
In class... and I have no clue why. Today is a day for individual meetings to help us with our papers (it's gonna be hell), but my meeting isn't scheduled for today. Instead we have an optional assignment to do. It's a waste of time. :flame:

skip? :bliss:

SomewhereInTime72
09-22-2009, 12:38 PM

skip? :bliss:

Haha, totally would have if I had known it was going to turn out like this. Thought there might be a real reason to go. But it looks like I wont be in this class 'till next Thursday. :cool:

DethMaiden
09-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Haha, totally would have if I had known it was going to turn out like this. Thought there might be a real reason to go. But it looks like I wont be in this class 'till next Thursday. :cool:

Very cool. We have individual conferences that we still have to come to class for next month in my journalism class. That should be suicide.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Just beat Super Mario World for like the 6th time in my life :D

DethMaiden
09-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Starting the summer 2010 internship application process.

JRA
09-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Just beat Super Mario World for like the 6th time in my life :D

Pfft. I've probably beat that game like 100 times.

Edit: make that 101.

ChildrenofSodom
09-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Getting ready for class tomorrow, looking for internships, and learning how to do Kung Fu and breathing techniques.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-23-2009, 06:11 AM
Pfft. I've probably beat that game like 100 times.

Edit: make that 101.

Can I not beat a game in peace anymore? :hecho:

mastodon421
09-23-2009, 07:21 AM
No School for me today because it a staff devlopment for the whole district. Anyways i am about to watch Observe and Report.

JRA
09-23-2009, 07:27 AM
Can I not beat a game in peace anymore? :hecho:

:lol: I'm just Joshin ya. :money:

ChildrenofSodom
09-23-2009, 07:35 AM

woah

Had my first class. 201H - Intro to Political Behavior: Race/Ethnicity and Gender and Voting Behavior.

My professor is Eddie Murphy.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-23-2009, 09:56 AM

My Kreator flag came today! Dorm's 1/10th of the way to being fully thrashed out :party:

JRA
09-23-2009, 10:27 AM
woah

Had my first class. 201H - Intro to Political Behavior: Race/Ethnicity and Gender and Voting Behavior.

My professor is Eddie Murphy.

Edit: fuck that. Tell him to bring in his dad completely fuckin wasted on Hennessy (or whatever he drinks), and have him spend an entire lecture rambling on random misadventures his kids got into, or how worthless his relatives are. Then the midterm should be a reaction paper to that, with a focus on how mow much more awesome your life would be if Eddie Murphy's dad was your dad.

DethMaiden
09-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Homework and studying and writing an article I'm completely unqualified to write will be the death of me tonight and tomorrow. :bouville:

But I'm going home this weekend, seeing The Gates of Slumber and Lair of the Minotaur on Saturday, and seeing In Flames/BTBAM/3IOB/The Faceless on Wednesday, so I'll just do some breathing exercises and soldier on.

ChildrenofSodom
09-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Edit: fuck that. Tell him to bring in his dad completely fuckin wasted on Hennessy (or whatever he drinks), and have him spend an entire lecture rambling on random misadventures his kids got into, or how worthless his relatives are. Then the midterm should be a reaction paper to that, with a focus on how mow much more awesome your life would be if Eddie Murphy's dad was your dad.

We don't have exams. And he does tell ridiculous story, followed up by laughter akin to the mom in this scene. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHA6IquDmOY&feature=related)

JRA
09-23-2009, 12:38 PM
We don't have exams.

Then tell him to make one.

DethMaiden
09-23-2009, 05:53 PM
http://www.idsnews.com/news/new-weekend/index.aspx?publication_id=2173

Published. :fist:

Click "France", "Sweden", and, under the reviews section, "Megadeth's best in 15 years." All by me. :D

MunicipalWasted
09-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Have fun with all the wiggers. :light:

You're thinking of deathcore :cool:

mankvill
09-23-2009, 07:25 PM
You're thinking of deathcore :cool:

100% more wiggers because of 5FDP.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-23-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm going to Syracuse to visit a very good friend of mine this Friday-Sunday/Monday :party:

Butcher of Birth
09-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Well I just restarted my Laptop after what appeared to be The Blue Screen of Death. All is fine now, should I worry?

mankvill
09-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Well I just restarted my Laptop after what appeared to be The Blue Screen of Death. All is fine now, should I worry?

www.techsupportforum.com

Ask there to be real sure, but I don't think ti should be a huge problem.

mankvill
09-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Not seen Heavy Metal in Baghdad?

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/heavy_metal_in_baghdad/

There ya go

DethMaiden
09-24-2009, 06:13 AM
In correspondence with Relapse Records about an internship next summer.

EDIT: My fucking editor made my Megadeth review "online only". :bouville:

JRA
09-24-2009, 06:32 AM
EDIT: My fucking editor made my Megadeth review "online only". :bouville:

:lame:

mankvill
09-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Ready for Motorhead tongiht. :D

But I left my Dragonforce ticket in Lawrence. :mad:

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-24-2009, 01:00 PM
My Megadeth/Blind Guardian flag came today. Dorm looks so much better already :party:. When all 10 are here I'll take pictures and put em up.

mankvill
09-24-2009, 01:49 PM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7049/lol1b.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9682/lol2cx.jpg

JRA
09-24-2009, 02:34 PM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7049/lol1b.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9682/lol2cx.jpg

:money:

mankvill
09-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Woohoo, I'm on the guest list for the Dragonforce show! :party:

b_halperin
09-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Signed up for the radio club at school. ill be doing some 30 minute long thing probably once a month or so. I'll be playing music most of the time, the breakdown will probably be something like this:

20 min = music
5 min = talkin
5 min = commercials

any ideas of what i should play or talk about? I'm completely new to the idea I just signed up today out of curiosity and interest once I heard about it.

by the way, nobody else at my school likes metal, but thats what im gonna be playin. so hopefully some people listen and actually enjoy it.

rjturtle9
09-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Signed up for the radio club at school. ill be doing some 30 minute long thing probably once a month or so. I'll be playing music most of the time, the breakdown will probably be something like this:

20 min = music
5 min = talkin
5 min = commercials

any ideas of what i should play or talk about? I'm completely new to the idea I just signed up today out of curiosity and interest once I heard about it.

by the way, nobody else at my school likes metal, but thats what im gonna be playin. so hopefully some people listen and actually enjoy it.

you should play a lot of older stuff with a new song every now and then. when you talk just talk about the band that last played or some shit. you know, like a fun fact lol like a real radio show. but you gotta make it fast and shit.

and for commercials, use a billy mays ad!

mankvill
09-24-2009, 09:39 PM

20 min = music
5 min = talkin
5 min = commercials

hey nigga

I did this thing in high school for Student Council and were in charge of like school announcements and stuff but that also meant we got to play music during the lunch periods!

Play Anal Cunt. I did.

Maiden33
09-24-2009, 09:44 PM

20 min = music
5 min = talkin
5 min = commercials

The way I do my radio show is as follows:

I'll play music generally in blocks of 4 songs (about 18-25 minutes of music apiece), and at the end of each block, I run down what people heard. I'll give the band name, song name, album title, and sometimes year of release. Then, if there is anything special about that particular song or moreso if the band has been in the news recently, I'll make mention of that, so it keeps the listeners informed of what the bands are up to.
My musical picks tend to reflect the music I've been listening to on a week-to-week basis. If I go to a show, I'll do a double shot of songs the artist played or something. I also enjoy doing theme blocks, where all the songs are connected by a similar theme, a shared member, something like that.

MunicipalWasted
09-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Just getting home from Motorhead, dreading school tommorow.

rjturtle9
09-25-2009, 09:58 AM

I'll play music generally in blocks of 4 songs (about 18-25 minutes of music apiece), and at the end of each block, I run down what people heard. I'll give the band name, song name, album title, and sometimes year of release. Then, if there is anything special about that particular song or moreso if the band has been in the news recently, I'll make mention of that, so it keeps the listeners informed of what the bands are up to.
My musical picks tend to reflect the music I've been listening to on a week-to-week basis. If I go to a show, I'll do a double shot of songs the artist played or something. I also enjoy doing theme blocks, where all the songs are connected by a similar theme, a shared member, something like that.

Yup exactly how it should be done

TonyD
09-25-2009, 09:59 AM
A Kyuss poster just sold for $150 on ebay.

b_halperin
09-25-2009, 01:14 PM
you should play a lot of older stuff with a new song every now and then. when you talk just talk about the band that last played or some shit. you know, like a fun fact lol like a real radio show. but you gotta make it fast and shit.

and for commercials, use a billy mays ad!

hey nigga

I did this thing in high school for Student Council and were in charge of like school announcements and stuff but that also meant we got to play music during the lunch periods!

Play Anal Cunt. I did.

Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it and I'm really excited to start.

rjturtle9
09-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it and I'm really excited to start.

Don't forget about Billy Mays

b_halperin
09-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Don't forget about Billy Mays

how could i forget? ;)

b_halperin
09-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Setlist for my first show. As of right now I'm digging this list. Suggestions? And just because you hate Lamb of God doesn't mean your obligated to post a response to this.

1. Eye of the Beholder - Metallica (Introduction: 0:40-0:48)
2. 2 Minutes 2 Midnight Iron Maiden
3. Oroborus Gojira
4. Wall of Stars Crystal Eyes
5. Rainbow in the Dark Dio
6. Mouth For War Pantera
7. Prayer Disturbed
8. In the Absence of the Sacred Lamb of God
9. Crystal Mountain - Death

mankvill
09-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Setlist for my first show. As of right now I'm digging this list. Suggestions? And just because you hate Lamb of God doesn't mean your obligated to post a response to this.

2. 2 Minutes 2 Midnight Iron Maiden
3. Oroborus Gojira
4. Wall of Stars Crystal Eyes
5. Rainbow in the Dark Dio
6. Mouth For War Pantera
7. Prayer Disturbed
8. In the Absence of the Sacred Lamb of God

At least one Birdflesh song should be a staple of any radio show.

Div
09-26-2009, 01:07 PM
the recent dave mustaine interview on alex jones is a gold mine of quotes

"i feel sorry for the guys singing songs about dragons" :lol:
"blabbermouth actually said something positive about me, i couldnt believe it" :lol:

edit: mustaine just called bullshit on the "big four tour" :/

JRA
09-26-2009, 01:12 PM

2. 2 Minutes 2 Midnight – Iron Maiden
3. Oroborus – Gojira
4. Wall of Stars – Crystal Eyes
5. Rainbow in the Dark – Dio
6. Mouth For War – Pantera
7. Prayer – Disturbed
8. In the Absence of the Sacred – Lamb of God

Don't be afraid to throw a lesser known song by a band in your setlist, though I suppose Eye Of The Beholder might count as that.

Speaking of radio, my show's on at 9 tonight:

http://hannibal.ucs.indiana.edu:8080/wiuxhigh.m3u

mankvill
09-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Don't be afraid to throw a lesser known song by a band in your setlist, though I suppose Eye Of The Beholder might count as that.

BIRDFLESH

b_halperin
09-26-2009, 03:45 PM

I'll definetely check your show out tonight. Is Indiana ET?

JRA
09-26-2009, 05:05 PM
I'll definetely check your show out tonight. Is Indiana ET?

EST, right the fuck right now. Start listening plz.

ChildrenofSodom
09-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Can't wait to turn 21, so I don't have to depend on shady motherfuckers, and associate myself with assholes, whores, and general asshats to have a good time.

SomewhereInTime72
09-26-2009, 08:52 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/29/AR2007052900376.html

Planning to set up something like this in my dorm. I would love to have more cocktailing equipment at my disposal. :bliss: :cool:

Div
09-26-2009, 09:55 PM
one of my roommates keeps pushing me. im trying my hardest not to get mad and flip out but he keeps on instigating. ive been friends with this guy since high school, i dont know how to handle this. im completely split between not wanting to lose it at my friend, and not wanting to let someone treat me like an asshole.

i dont even know why im posting this here. anyone else ever in a similar situation?

:boxer:

mankvill
09-26-2009, 11:08 PM
one of my roommates keeps pushing me. im trying my hardest not to get mad and flip out but he keeps on instigating. ive been friends with this guy since high school, i dont know how to handle this. im completely split between not wanting to lose it at my friend, and not wanting to let someone treat me like an asshole.

i dont even know why im posting this here. anyone else ever in a similar situation?

Tell him to stop being a fucking faggot. Get mad. My friends used to do that to me (I mean like way back in Junior High) but when I got mad and told them to stop acting like dickheads, it turned out all cool.

MunicipalWasted
09-27-2009, 12:29 AM

My friends started doing that to me this year, gave me constant shit, said I was emo [shaggy hair + metal shirts], etc. I quit being their friend, I had others to fall back on and it's not like these friends were the ones I hung out with alot.

Div
09-27-2009, 12:50 AM
I can't get mad at this guy. Let me describe why.

he's a 23 year old virgin who weighs about 130lbs and is ugly as sin. if you saw him with a shirt off you'd think he was a holocaust victim. he sits in his room all day playing final fantasy and watching naruto and refuses to do anything social when we invite him to. he's extremely stubborn and set into his ways to the point where the only beverage he drinks is brisk iced tea and wont have any alcoholic drink unless its a twisted tea or fruity smoothy thing. hes extremely overly opinionated about everything, refuses to try anything new or look at anything differently. he'll only go to see movies that he wants to, if someone else plays a song in the car that he doesnt like he puts his headphones on, btw he only listens to like 3 bands and anything i suggest, no matter what band or genre, is automatically considered shit. he also has a habit of saying stupid awkward shit out loud in public all the time. he's just a total buzz kill to be around unless you're doing things his way. when he talks to someone its always meek and apologetic, but he has no refrain from making spiteful comments at me.

most people would say, "holy shit why do u even care if this guy is your friend? tell him to fuck off!"

but you're not supposed to think that about your friends, right? because friendship is more important than "coolness". and he is an ok guy to be around when his annoying habits arent showing. what makes me so pissed off over this is that i have absolutely no reason to be taking any shit from someone like that, but i have to put up with it anyway.

MunicipalWasted
09-27-2009, 03:02 AM
I can't get mad at this guy. Let me describe why.

he's a 23 year old virgin who weighs about 130lbs and is ugly as sin. if you saw him with a shirt off you'd think he was a holocaust victim. he sits in his room all day playing final fantasy and watching naruto and refuses to do anything social when we invite him to. he's extremely stubborn and set into his ways to the point where the only beverage he drinks is brisk iced tea and wont have any alcoholic drink unless its a twisted tea or fruity smoothy thing. hes extremely overly opinionated about everything, refuses to try anything new or look at anything differently. he'll only go to see movies that he wants to, if someone else plays a song in the car that he doesnt like he puts his headphones on, btw he only listens to like 3 bands and anything i suggest, no matter what band or genre, is automatically considered shit. he also has a habit of saying stupid awkward shit out loud in public all the time. he's just a total buzz kill to be around unless you're doing things his way. when he talks to someone its always meek and apologetic, but he has no refrain from making spiteful comments at me.

most people would say, "holy shit why do u even care if this guy is your friend? tell him to fuck off!"

but you're not supposed to think that about your friends, right? because friendship is more important than "coolness". and he is an ok guy to be around when his annoying habits arent showing. what makes me so pissed off over this is that i have absolutely no reason to be taking any shit from someone like that, but i have to put up with it anyway.

Honestly, he sounds like one of the most loserish, gayest person ever and I would not wanna be around him. Seriously, not to be a dick but why do you even care about him? Especially with him giving YOU shit.

mastodon421
09-27-2009, 03:58 AM
About to head out for the Patriots/Falcons game. Go Falcons! when i get back hopefully i watch my beloved Chicago Bears play the Seahawks.

ChildrenofSodom
09-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Honestly, he sounds like one of the most loserish, gayest person ever and I would not wanna be around him. Seriously, not to be a dick but why do you even care about him? Especially with him giving YOU shit.

Nothing in that description made him sound homosexual.

SomewhereInTime72
09-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Nothing in that description made him sound homosexual.

final fantasy and naruto bro ;) :tongue:

Div
09-27-2009, 11:05 AM

well we kinda share the same house so i cant completely avoid him, plus he's friends with my other roommates. also, sense he's so pathetic, if i get mad at him it makes me the bully and he plays the victim.

ChildrenofSodom
09-27-2009, 11:58 AM
OSU IS BACK IN THE TOP TEN, MOTHERFUCKERS!

JRA
09-27-2009, 12:08 PM
well we kinda share the same house so i cant completely avoid him, plus he's friends with my other roommates. also, sense he's so pathetic, if i get mad at him it makes me the bully and he plays the victim.

Honestly dude, just call him on his bullshit.

mankvill
09-27-2009, 12:49 PM

You SHOULD be the bully, at least just until he stops being a complete dickface.

MunicipalWasted
09-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah dude I dont know what to tell you now. If he continusly gave me shit and didnt stop when I asked, I'd fight him.

DethMaiden
09-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Yeah dude I dont know what to tell you now. If he continusly gave me shit and didnt stop when I asked, I'd fight him.

Bad advice. :nonono: Unless you listen to Lamb of God, wear flat-billed caps and Ed Hardy shirts, watch MMA religiously, and own a truck and/or wifebeaters, fighting a dude is never the answer.

Div
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Bad advice. :nonono: Unless you listen to Lamb of God, wear flat-billed caps and Ed Hardy shirts, watch MMA religiously, and own a truck and/or wifebeaters, fighting a dude is never the answer.

i sorta agree with you.

the reason im so bothered over this is because i dont want to lose my cool and do something id regret... but its becoming harder and harder not to just punch him in the face every time he starts his shit. im also worried that because he's so much smaller than me i might seriously hurt the guy by accident... plus i know if i touched him he'd just call the fucking cops on me like a bitch.

mankvill
09-27-2009, 06:24 PM
I don't think you should fight him. Just give him a taste of his own medicine, ya know?

Call him a fag, make fun of him for his oddities, then go out and get yo dick sucked. Brag about it to him, make fun of him some more, and then he'll learn to stop being a cunt.

also: What is he doing specifically?

ChildrenofSodom
09-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Bad advice. :nonono: Unless you listen to Lamb of God, wear flat-billed caps and Ed Hardy shirts, watch MMA religiously, and own a truck and/or wifebeaters......

Call him a fag, make fun of him for his oddities, then go out and get yo dick sucked. Brag about it to him, make fun of him some more, and then he'll learn to stop being a cunt.

Telling.

mankvill
09-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Telling.

You're against getting yo dick sucked? :mad: fag!

ChildrenofSodom
09-27-2009, 06:40 PM
You're against getting yo dick sucked? :mad: fag!

No, just white trash.

mankvill
09-27-2009, 06:48 PM
No, just white trash.

whatever, brah. you know you're jealous for my cool un-poser ed hardy "punk's not dead" shirt (http://www.stylerocket.com/EH-S821141PRR-BRN-p-ed-hardy.html) while i'm slamming natty light's in the back of my jeep.

MunicipalWasted
09-27-2009, 06:59 PM

Nope, I do love me some LoG though. ;)

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Got back from Syracuse today, very bipolar time. Visiting a girl that I thought I was over, turns out I really wasn't, and by the end of the weekend, I'm about half and half on it, went on a fucking mental roller coaster. So appealing in many ways, and just not the girl I'm looking at for at this point time in others. Ahh, the love life...so confusing :hecho:

MunicipalWasted
09-27-2009, 07:42 PM
WHY CANT WEEE BE FRIENDS? WHY CANT WEEEEE BE FRIENDS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssTA32P3ufM

ChildrenofSodom
09-27-2009, 07:49 PM
WHO DEY

Div
09-27-2009, 08:31 PM
seems like ill need to just "turn the other cheek" at his bullshit, he moves out in 2 and a half months anyway. until then i guess ill just have kick back and keep cool

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7651/1253722826110.jpg

also, the landlord asked me to find a tenant to replace him. anyone looking for a bedroom in a house in new brunswick for $375 a month?

TonyD
09-27-2009, 10:14 PM

I own a truck, so FUCK YOU, BRO

whatever, brah. you know you're jealous for my cool un-poser ed hardy "punk's not dead" shirt (http://www.stylerocket.com/EH-S821141PRR-BRN-p-ed-hardy.html) while i'm slamming natty light's in the back of my jeep.

You mean cool $154 un-poser ed hardy shirt, bro.

rjturtle9
09-28-2009, 10:30 PM

seems like a good idea to me ;)

ChildrenofSodom
09-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Had an interview with US Representative Mary Jo Kilroy's office for an internship. Went pretty damn well.

DethMaiden
09-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Had an interview with US Representative Mary Jo Kilroy's office for an internship. Went pretty damn well.

:party:

ChildrenofSodom
09-29-2009, 10:31 AM

And now I'm a floor representative in my dorm.

mankvill
09-29-2009, 10:44 AM
And now I'm a floor representative in my dorm.

Nice. I only hope your dorm experience was as crazyfun as mine was.

ChildrenofSodom
09-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Partaking in illegal contraband that I snuck into my dorm room.

Div
09-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Partaking in illegal contraband that I snuck into my dorm room.

SEE I KNEW YOU COULDNT TRUST PEOPLE IN OFFICE

Maiden33
09-29-2009, 05:03 PM

ChildrenofSodom
09-29-2009, 05:05 PM

HAHA! Very true. I turned down a threesome yesterday for fear of it coming up later in my political life.

Maiden33
09-29-2009, 05:08 PM
HAHA! Very true. I turned down a threesome yesterday for fear of it coming up later in my political life.

Seriously?

SomewhereInTime72
09-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Seriously?

i'm sure the other two guys just didn't live up to his standards, as a backup reason

ChildrenofSodom
09-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Seriously?

Not entirely. Someone was talking about how they are 18, and had a bunch of sex this past weekend with their 16 year old girlfriend, and someone brought up the prospect of getting 'in on the action.' That thought came to mind. "It came to light yesterday that Senator DeHart was involved in....."

Div
09-29-2009, 05:29 PM
we should start saving all your scandals in a scrapbook, youre going to need all the ones you can get to compete with the guys in washington.

mankvill
09-29-2009, 05:32 PM
i'm sure the other two guys just didn't live up to his standards, as a backup reason

BA ZING

ChildrenofSodom
09-29-2009, 05:33 PM
we should start saving all your scandals in a scrapbook, youre going to need all the ones you can get to compete with the guys in washington.

Well, sneaking beer into my dorm room = #1
Having sex with a 16 year old =/= #2

Div
09-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Having sex with a 16 year old =/= #2

........YET

ChildrenofSodom
09-29-2009, 06:29 PM
........YET

Polanski style, almost

Div
09-29-2009, 09:55 PM
anyone wanna buy a hot rod? my uncle worked on this mustang as a project for a car magazine and wants to sell it now. runs 12.80's in the 1/4 mile... thats c6 corvette territory. hes a pro mechanic and drag racer so this wasnt slapped together by some amateur. ill give you guys a hint too, the reserve is set somewhere from 5-7k.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Muscle-Mustang-Fast-Fords-Project-Silver-Stealth-Stang_W0QQitemZ130333289200QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_C ars_Trucks?hash=item1e58782af0&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245#ht_500wt_1182

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Fucking pissed that I just bombed my first real college test/first math test. I can't be doing this anymore, this is college and my GPA can be ridden on one test like this. I really gotta get my act together :bouville:

DethMaiden
09-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Fucking pissed that I just bombed my first real college test/first math test. I can't be doing this anymore, this is college and my GPA can be ridden on one test like this. I really gotta get my act together :bouville:

I got a C on my first math test that I got back today. :bouville: Need to work harder when exams weighted so heavily.

ChildrenofSodom
09-30-2009, 11:10 AM
First term doesnt matter.

Natrlhi
09-30-2009, 11:14 AM
anyone wanna buy a hot rod? my uncle worked on this mustang as a project for a car magazine and wants to sell it now. runs 12.80's in the 1/4 mile... thats c6 corvette territory. hes a pro mechanic and drag racer so this wasnt slapped together by some amateur. ill give you guys a hint too, the reserve is set somewhere from 5-7k.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Muscle-Mustang-Fast-Fords-Project-Silver-Stealth-Stang_W0QQitemZ130333289200QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_C ars_Trucks?hash=item1e58782af0&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245#ht_500wt_1182
Nice vee-hickle. I already gots mine, tho. 2006 Mustang GT Convertible, Vista Blue :rocker:

All stock (I don't have time for car mods), and it'll still kick your car's ass. ;)

EDIT: "Your" above does not include Div's uncle's car - that's faster. I think mine would run mid-13's.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-30-2009, 11:43 AM
I got a C on my first math test that I got back today. :bouville: Need to work harder when exams weighted so heavily.

I'm figuring I'll be getting a similar if not worse score on mine Friday. I definitely need to work harder, my high school mentality ins't gonna function here at a university.

Sorry to hear that regardless, I feel ya.

SomewhereInTime72
09-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Y'all are dumb, my grades so far are: A, A-, B-, B, A. And I'm only taking science classes. ;) Read yer freakin' textbooks. :bliss:

edit: Realistically though, everyone does have off-semesters. I would say on average, about 3 of a person's 8 semesters will probably feel like overall fuckups GPAwise :lol: I mean, my GPA overall is somewhere around 2.5, not the 3.5 I'm going for here :eyes: However, it's recommended that you don't fuck up the first semester at college. It feels bad to start things off on the wrong foot. ;)

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Y'all are dumb, my grades so far are: A, A-, B-, B, A. And I'm only taking science classes. ;) Read yer freakin' textbooks. :bliss:

:boohoo:

mankvill
09-30-2009, 12:08 PM

edit: Realistically though, everyone does have off-semesters. I would say on average, about 3 of a person's 8 semesters will probably feel like overall fuckups GPAwise :lol: I mean, my GPA overall is somewhere around 2.5, not the 3.5 I'm going for here :eyes: However, it's recommended that you don't fuck up the first semester at college. It feels bad to start things off on the wrong foot. ;)

B-?

*hits with belt* MY SON IS A FAILURE!

DethMaiden
09-30-2009, 12:12 PM
I think I have A, A, B, B, B thus far, but I'm trying to pull the Bs up so I don't get complacent and slip up.

SomewhereInTime72
09-30-2009, 12:13 PM
B-?

*hits with belt* MY SON IS A FAILURE!

:bawling:

ChildrenofSodom
09-30-2009, 12:38 PM
I don't have any grades yet, because i've only been in school for one week. :party:

ChildrenofSodom
09-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Do they make beer extra smelly on purpose, to arouse suspicion?

Div
09-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Nice vee-hickle. I already gots mine, tho. 2006 Mustang GT Convertible, Vista Blue :rocker:

All stock (I don't have time for car mods), and it'll still kick your car's ass. ;)

EDIT: "Your" above does not include Div's uncle's car - that's faster. I think mine would run mid-13's.

nice, but if it wasnt a gt it might be a really gay ride ;)

j/k.
it peeves me tho when i see people driving V6 mustangs. i really like the new design for the '10 models. they even have the sequential lights in the back when you put on your turn signal, really nice

Natrlhi
09-30-2009, 04:11 PM
nice, but if it wasnt a gt it might be a really gay ride ;)

j/k.
it peeves me tho when i see people driving V6 mustangs. i really like the new design for the '10 models. they even have the sequential lights in the back when you put on your turn signal, really nice

Yeah, the new body style is really badass - that's what made me fall in love with the Mustang again (and buy one!). I hate seeing the V-6's, too - it's like, "why bother?". I guess they just like the sporty look. I like the look, too, but I gots ta have those ponies. ;)

mankvill
09-30-2009, 04:40 PM
My 2004 Ford Taurus will destroy all y'all.

ChildrenofSodom
09-30-2009, 05:07 PM

1999 Saturn SLR

suck it

mankvill
09-30-2009, 05:12 PM
1999 Saturn SLR

suck it

Suck it! (http://www.forbes.com/2009/09/30/saturn-penske-gm-business-autos-saturn.html)

Div
09-30-2009, 05:21 PM

the new taurus SHO is actually pretty legit.

ChildrenofSodom
09-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Suck it! (http://www.forbes.com/2009/09/30/saturn-penske-gm-business-autos-saturn.html)

Yeah, I saw. My car just got a few more 'antique' points.

Natrlhi
09-30-2009, 08:42 PM
the new taurus SHO is actually pretty legit.

Well yeah, for a 4-door sedan. It's only got a 3.5L V-6 in it, but thanks to the twin turbo it will put out about 365 horses at the dyno peak. That might make it pretty good for passing cars on the freeway and shit, but I wonder about the speed off the line and the top speed.

Still, it's more legit than a 2004 Taurus Plain Vanilla or a 1999 Saturn SL2 (what the fuck is an SLR?). ;)

Div
09-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Well yeah, for a 4-door sedan. It's only got a 3.5L V-6 in it, but thanks to the twin turbo it will put out about 365 horses at the dyno peak. That might make it pretty good for passing cars on the freeway and shit, but I wonder about the speed off the line and the top speed.

Still, it's more legit than a 2004 Taurus Plain Vanilla or a 1999 Saturn SL2 (what the fuck is an SLR?). ;)

I dont even know... especially from a Saturn? when I hear SLR I think of mercedes.

ChildrenofSodom
10-01-2009, 07:38 AM
I meant SL2....mah bad.

http://www.unocardealers.com/images/car_img/1999-Saturn-SL2-1G8ZK.gif

DethMaiden
10-01-2009, 01:33 PM
I don't know how anyone can lament the end of the so-called Golden Era of comics. I just read Captain America #16 from 1942 and it was possibly the worst comic I have ever read, and I'm a huge Captain America fanboy.

Div
10-01-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't know how anyone can lament the end of the so-called Golden Era of comics. I just read Captain America #16 from 1942 and it was possibly the worst comic I have ever read, and I'm a huge Captain America fanboy.

not going to even bother commenting about the artwork, but i think the writing back then was just geared for little kids so the stories are alot more simple minded.

when they first were introduced they had no fanbase so they started with the kids, now you have adults and kids reading them so the stories are a bit more mature and thought out.

DethMaiden
10-01-2009, 05:11 PM
not going to even bother commenting about the artwork, but i think the writing back then was just geared for little kids so the stories are alot more simple minded.

when they first were introduced they had no fanbase so they started with the kids, now you have adults and kids reading them so the stories are a bit more mature and thought out.

The artwork isn't bad in my opinion. It's campy but there's lots of vibrant colors and that early artwork is what defined the characters we know and love today. But the story was horrible, not only in terms of plot, but in the presence of misspelled words and words that aren't even real - did they not have copy editors back then? Fuck!

EDIT:
http://kirbymuseum.org/blogs/simonandkirby/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/avisoncap19s.jpg

:usa:

Div
10-01-2009, 05:18 PM
lol... whats with the big flag on the landing craft?

"commandos" more like "hey krauts, aim your guns right here"

DethMaiden
10-01-2009, 05:19 PM
lol... whats with the big flag on the landing craft?

"commandos" more like "hey krauts, aim your guns right here"

With Cap and Bucky they could storm the beach playing Camptown Races with the army band, they'll still kick every ass in sight!

b_halperin
10-01-2009, 06:21 PM
IM UNGROUNDED BITCHES

TRIVIUM TOMORROW

JRA
10-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Going to take a well earned rest after managing to get about 3/4 of the way through an essay due tommorow. And guess what, this website happens to be a part of it!

mankvill
10-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Going to take a well earned rest after managing to get about 3/4 of the way through an essay due tommorow. And guess what, this website happens to be a part of it!

Make sure you spell my name right!

ChildrenofSodom
10-02-2009, 12:25 PM
So...just got back from a Study Abroad info session. I now have my heart set on traveling to Scandinavia to research social democracy.

EDIT- Changed my mind. FUUUUUCCKKK

ChildrenofSodom
10-02-2009, 07:58 PM
IF HISTORY'S GREATEST MINDS LIVED IN MODERN TIMES.

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/phpimages/photoshop/8/3/5/3835.jpg?v=1

DethMaiden
10-02-2009, 08:21 PM
IF HISTORY'S GREATEST MINDS LIVED IN MODERN TIMES.

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/phpimages/photoshop/8/3/5/3835.jpg?v=1

He was actually cast as Shrek and started to record some lines before he died.

mankvill
10-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Tweet from Andrew W.K.:

I have no idea what's going on. Just tried to urinate on stage & some blood came out. This is really intense. Sorry if I offended anyone.

lol

ChildrenofSodom
10-02-2009, 08:45 PM
He was actually cast as Shrek and started to record some lines before he died.

Yeah, I know.