PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part III

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]

TonyD
12-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Ok finally taking the 3 minutes to sign up for last.fm

Question: do you need to have the program running while listening to music on your computer for it to record?

mankvill
12-21-2010, 12:40 AM

Question: do you need to have the program running while listening to music on your computer for it to record?

Well, when I first downloaded the program, it took all my completed plays on iTunes and imported them immediately. That's why you see first-day listeners on last.fm with like 10,000 tracks. But yeah, you have to open it for it to scrobble while you're listening. Some music players and phones have the option of a built-in Last.FM app, too.

idrinkwine732
12-21-2010, 12:51 AM
I have iScrobbler which runs in the background and works great.

evildeadjedi
12-21-2010, 08:06 AM

Yes, the scobble programs are compatible with lots music players including Foobar2000, which is quite surprising.

Natrlhi
12-21-2010, 08:48 AM
24. Yeasayer
3. Arcade FireThat Yeasayer album is pretty fucking good, actually. I figured Arcade Fire would be pretty popular, too - but whoa.

Sepultura69
12-21-2010, 08:51 AM
blazing and watching the eclipse.

Nice :cool:

TonyD
12-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Not that it wasn't ever a place for merchandise from bands either capitalizing on trends or way past relevance, but I stopped into Hot Topic while I was at the mall today and Taylor Swift was playing.

elturtleboy
12-22-2010, 10:21 PM
stoned and starved

Derelict
12-23-2010, 09:07 AM
i'm pretty much the only person that doesnt waste vacation time the last two weeks of the year...so i come to work for 4-6 hours a day for two weeks, and save my vacation time. Win and win.

Natrlhi
12-23-2010, 09:24 AM
i'm pretty much the only person that doesnt waste vacation time the last two weeks of the year...so i come to work for 4-6 hours a day for two weeks, surf the net (including metalsetlists.com, obviously :metal:) and save my vacation time. Win and win and win again.Fixed.

...and me too. :D

Derelict
12-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Fixed.

...and me too. :D

Surfing the net is implied, bro-seph.

I just dont get it - it's so easy being here these two weeks, everyone blows their hard earned vacation time to sit at home and do nothing. I save all my time for the summer when it's nice out and i can go places.

Natrlhi
12-23-2010, 09:28 AM
^ zaktly.

TonyD
12-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Most people waste vacation time to travel to their families :rolleyes:

Natrlhi
12-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Most people waste vacation time to travel to their families :rolleyes:Saps.

Derelict
12-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Speaking of vacation, now that I'm not going to my ex-girlfriend's brother's wedding next summer, i think I'll be taking my talents to Norway in June.

Natrlhi
12-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Speaking of vacation, now that I'm not going to my ex-girlfriend's brother's wedding next summer, i think I'll be taking my talents to Norway in June.
Until I read "Norway in June", I started having a rage flashback. :mad: :flame:

(Breathe, Nat. Beathe.)

treghet
12-23-2010, 11:55 AM
i think I'll be taking my talents to Norway in June.

Take me with you. :snivel:

Travis The Dragon
12-23-2010, 09:15 PM
A little something to get you all in the Christmas spirit:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/dawnbladesinger/IronMaidenMerryChristmas.jpg?1293167374

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4264/maidenscotland2gg1.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs29/f/2008/054/5/4/Iron_Maiden_with_christmas_by_Jespinator.jpg

http://www.rajaniemi.com/images/xmas11.jpg

http://photobucket.com/redirect?url=http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff265/kidinserviceofsatan/mamadas/HeavyChristmas.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/099/8/e/Christmas_Eddie_Iron_Maiden_by_Marcospace.jpg

rjmartinez91
12-23-2010, 09:24 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/XxfirehandsXx/1223102036-00.jpg

My gingerbread castle. My first time making gingerbread things lol. :D

Sepultura69
12-23-2010, 09:49 PM
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AG6FAkwBI3w/SUa3nTYB5dI/AAAAAAAAAQQ/Ry5WPK1bm4E/s400/evil-santa.jpg

rjturtle9
12-23-2010, 09:56 PM
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AG6FAkwBI3w/SUa3nTYB5dI/AAAAAAAAAQQ/Ry5WPK1bm4E/s400/evil-santa.jpg

How shit that made me LOL all over the place!

BloodoftheKings
12-23-2010, 10:21 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/XxfirehandsXx/1223102036-00.jpg

My gingerbread castle. My first time making gingerbread things lol. :D

Real man's gingerbread house (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rUEpmbdZLw)

rjmartinez91
12-23-2010, 10:50 PM
^ Oh my god. :eek: Lol Epic Meal Time is the shit.

rjturtle9
12-23-2010, 11:17 PM

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::flame::flame::flame ::mad::mad:

I have no audio on my computer!!!!

TonyD
12-24-2010, 03:00 AM
i think I'll be taking my talents to Norway in June.

hehe

makethemsuffer12
12-24-2010, 07:00 AM

Hooooooly shit.

evildeadjedi
12-24-2010, 09:17 AM

:drool: It has pretty much every food I love: Cheese, Bacon, Steak, Hamburger, and Potatoes!

El Gordo
12-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Crackin' my first beer of many for today... listening to some holiday-appropriate thrash and smelling the good smells float out of the kitchen. Life is good.

Derelict
12-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Heading for hands down my shittiest christmas in a long time...oh well, twas a good year for the most part

larvtard
12-24-2010, 06:34 PM
going for Thai/Chinese tomorrow :D JRA, you doing the same?

Derelict
12-24-2010, 07:12 PM

Not Jewish, def just dominated some Thai though.

JRA
12-24-2010, 07:42 PM

Damn skippy. Family Christmas tradition. All I can say his thank god those Pagan easterners don't give two fucks about Christ. Different restaurant this time though. :(

larvtard
12-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Damn skippy. Family Christmas tradition. All I can say his thank god those Pagan easterners don't give two fucks about Christ. Different restaurant this time though. :(

haha, agreed. We usually do Chinese as well, but apparently there isn't any decent Chinese food in this part of Florida, so we're doing Thai instead.

ChildrenofSodom
12-24-2010, 08:11 PM
YOU GUYZ ARE GONNA BURN In hELL!

Maiden33
12-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Alright everyone, my Christmas misfortune may be your opportunity. My sister got me an AVANTASIA - Angel of Babylon T-shirt, that is sadly too small for me - so, I'm looking to sell it, and I figured I'd try this before Ebay. It's a relatively small XL. I'm asking $30 or best offer. I will sell to the first person who makes me the right offer.

SomewhereInTime72
12-25-2010, 04:58 AM
Last night I went out for Japanese food.

Is this an appropriate christmas eve thing.......

makethemsuffer12
12-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Merry Christmas!!!

Got God of War Collection, God of War III, Behemoth - Evangelia Heretika, and some other goodies. :D

Sepultura69
12-25-2010, 07:23 AM
MERRY MOTHA FUCKIN CHRISTMAS

Travis The Dragon
12-25-2010, 10:25 PM
We had honey baked ham, homemade cheesey potatoes with sour cream, and homemade cream corn.

TonyD
12-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Typical DT album cover

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/portnoytribute.jpg

xStructualDefect
12-26-2010, 04:57 PM
so i decided i'm gonna stop posting here. i don't have much similar music interests with people on here. i don't listen to death metal, black metal, sludge, doom, grind bands, etc which most people on here love. i don't consider myself a fan of Iron Maiden, although i do like some stuff from them. i also don't really get along with many people here. and even though the constant arguing is entertaining at times, it gets annoying to see frequently.

also i'm gonna be enlisting to the Marine Corps. very soon since i just got in talk with my recruiter again. i start signing papers next month i think. so i'm gonna be busy training and getting ready for boot camp rather than going online a lot. i'm still gonna go to shows but probably not as much.

so it was nice sticking around since i joined here back in 2008. i've listened to many bands because of this site and even made a few new favorites. so this post will be my leaving post.

inb4 ur buttsad etc

Derelict
12-26-2010, 05:04 PM
so i decided i'm gonna stop posting here. i don't have much similar music interests with people on here. i don't listen to death metal, black metal, sludge, doom, grind bands, etc which most people on here love. i don't consider myself a fan of Iron Maiden, although i do like some stuff from them. i also don't really get along with many people here. and even though the constant arguing is entertaining at times, it gets annoying to see frequently.

also i'm gonna be enlisting to the Marine Corps. very soon since i just got in talk with my recruiter again. i start signing papers next month i think. so i'm gonna be busy training and getting ready for boot camp rather than going online a lot. i'm still gonna go to shows but probably not as much.

so it was nice sticking around since i joined here back in 2008. i've listened to many bands because of this site and even made a few new favorites. so this post will be my leaving post.

inb4 ur buttsad etc

peace out man - good luck and be safe in the marines

evildeadjedi
12-26-2010, 09:14 PM

inb4 ur buttsad etc
Best of luck to you in serving our country Semper Fi!

TonyD
12-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Good luck. Also, please don't be Brett Favre/Maiden33 if you're serious.

MPF
12-27-2010, 12:57 AM

inb4 ur buttsad etc

I'm actually pretty sad to hear that you won't be here anymore, but I am pretty proud you are going to enlist in the Marine Corps. That is a very badass thing to do for this country and you have all of my respect.

Take care bro! :rocker:

As for me my 2011 has officially gotten fucking busy musically. This is a list of what I'll be doing starting, well I guess my next show is on New Years Eve, so let's just go with this week:

Shattered- My Progressive Thrash Metal band
Fever- My Classic Rock Cover band
My "yet to be named" All Star Twin Cities Thrash Metal/Modern *More on that later*
My new 2 man, Frank Zappa Inspired, Experimental Progressive Mathcore project. *Just decided on this about 15 minutes ago with a buddy of mine*
Giving drum lessons throughout the week.

*all bands to have shows, and record*

I can't fucking wait!

mastodon421
12-27-2010, 11:05 AM

inb4 ur buttsad etc

Good luck in the Marines man, you will be missed around here.

JRA
12-27-2010, 12:07 PM
so i decided i'm gonna stop posting here. i don't have much similar music interests with people on here. i don't listen to death metal, black metal, sludge, doom, grind bands, etc which most people on here love.

You shouldn't leave because of this. While I do listen to 2 or 3 bands from each of these genres, I would by no means call myself a fanatic of extreme metal. To an extent I still think this place is very rooted in a classic heavy metal. I mean I love black and death metal, but I'm not going to persecute anyone who doesn't.

bt11763
12-27-2010, 12:24 PM

inb4 ur buttsad etc

:usa: stay safe brother

Maiden33
12-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Getting ready to kick off my internet radio show's 2010 Wrap-Up Spectacular, which airs tonight from 6-10pm Eastern Standard Time! Tune in and chat!
http://www.wpapu.com

TonyD
12-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Saw there's a band in the bay area called Cast Iron Crow on craigslist. Jesus we're running out of band names.

JRA
12-28-2010, 02:47 PM
So one of my gifts was a $25 gift card to the iTunes Music Store and I have had no idea what to do with it until an idea sprang to mind.

Sadly, this plan failed, as no Birdflesh songs exist at iTunes.

powerslave_85
12-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Ha, I've got $50 worth and I have no idea what to get. It's probably going to take me a while to use it all.

mankvill
12-28-2010, 03:35 PM
So one of my gifts was a $25 gift card to the iTunes Music Store and I have had no idea what to do with it until an idea sprang to mind.

Sadly, this plan failed, as no Birdflesh songs exist at iTunes.

FACK YOUUUUUUUU

I got $15 to iTunes. Have no idea what I want to get.

Crionics
12-28-2010, 05:07 PM

inb4 ur buttsad etc

Stay safe my friend :fist:

bt11763
12-28-2010, 09:19 PM
um. i got 25 bucks for itunes last year and still have like 15 left. i just got another 25 :lol: plus, i have an itouch so i buy apps here and there. still have no idea what else to get though

Crionics
12-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Gahh the drummer in my band is pretty ticked. Last practice the vocalist and I (both of us are VERY close to him) tried to tell him to practice more and take the project seriously. He didn't mind that..but then the vocalist started saying stuff like "This is how you act for everything in your life, you don't put your heart into anything."

He didn't seem too pissed, but after the session was over he was. He even put a FB status directed at it (and note that my drummer is usually a very calm person, and never updates his status). I talked to him later, at first he was raging but he calmed after a while. I told him I'd talk to the vocalist about this, which I did, and hopefully next practice they will make up..

I mean I feel pretty uneasy right now, the drummer seemed like he got over it, and the vocalist said he will apologize, but I don't know, I just feel like something is wrong and we need to get another jam in ASAP to sort this out 100%.

TonyD
12-29-2010, 12:39 PM
That sucks.

Thanks lawd I didn't get any iTunes gift cards for Christmas.

idrinkwine732
12-29-2010, 02:59 PM
writing a college essay about ATT Park and Kim Jong Il.

larvtard
12-29-2010, 03:11 PM
writing a college essay about ATT Park and Kim Jong Il.

go on.

what colleges are you applying to, BTW? if you care to share.

DethMaiden
12-29-2010, 03:16 PM
http://www.indiana.edu/~kenkel/img/Interlocking.Crimson.Black.IU.gif
?

idrinkwine732
12-29-2010, 03:19 PM
go on.

what colleges are you applying to, BTW? if you care to share.

NYU and UT Austin are two of my favorites right now, but American and Fordham are up there too. I got accepted to Arizona a few days ago.

http://www.indiana.edu/~kenkel/img/Interlocking.Crimson.Black.IU.gif
?

Sorry bro.

DethMaiden
12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
:lol: It's all good man. I don't know too many Calfornians here anyway. ;)

powerslave_85
12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Arizona, as in U of A? That's where I went. Great school, gorgeous campus.

idrinkwine732
12-29-2010, 03:24 PM

Yep. I plan on visiting in a few months. Everyone raves about it, I'm really looking forward to it.

:lol: It's all good man. I don't know too many Calfornians here anyway. ;)

I think all my relatives would go, "Indiana? Where's that?"

larvtard
12-29-2010, 03:25 PM
NYU and UT Austin are two of my favorites right now, but American and Fordham are up there too. I got accepted to Arizona a few days ago.

ah, okay. I briefly looked at UT Austin once, because Austin has a great metal scene and all, but I decided since it was in Texas it's probably way too conservative for me. Now I learn that it's one of the most liberal campuses in the country :lol:

JRA
12-29-2010, 03:55 PM

Is it true that there are sluts galore there? (and no I am not am arbitrarily referring to women as sluts, I meant is it true that U of A is one big whorehouse)

idrinkwine732
12-29-2010, 04:02 PM
ah, okay. I briefly looked at UT Austin once, because Austin has a great metal scene and all, but I decided since it was in Texas it's probably way too conservative for me. Now I learn that it's one of the most liberal campuses in the country :lol:

Yeah, people ask me a ton about going to school in Texas, but in truth, Austin is an oasis of sanity.

Is it true that there are sluts galore there? (and no I am not am arbitrarily referring to women as sluts, I meant is it true that U of A is one big whorehouse)

You might be thinking of ASU.

powerslave_85
12-29-2010, 04:04 PM
You might be thinking of ASU.Yep. Though U of A is no slouch in the fine-looking women department either.

TonyD
12-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Haha yeah I'm pretty sure dumb white girls are the ASU mascots.

powerslave_85
12-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Hahahaha. Well put.

larvtard
12-29-2010, 07:20 PM
yeah arizona state always wins the hottest college girls award. no wonder, it's a dumb school.

mankvill
12-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Just got back from the casino.

Down to my last $20. Was looking hopeless. Hit a 50 free spin bonus on a slot machine and won $100. Awwwww jeeeaaahhh.

jd091
12-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Just about to leave with my friends to go up to Chimaira Christmas 11! Can't fuckin' wait!

:horns:

treghet
12-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Just about to leave with my friends to go up to Chimaira Christmas 11! Can't fuckin' wait!

:horns:

You better post the set tonight. :tongue:

JRA
12-30-2010, 07:40 PM
So...I was looking through King Diamond setlists and I noticed there was one posted by Hecho (good lord, how many people are left who know who that is?). I was reading it and found out that the venue was not only Disney's house of blues, but that Nazi gangs and skin heads showed up.

Do you guys think the subsequent reports to staff and complaints was what caused the Disney House of Blues venues to stop hosting metal bands?

mankvill
12-30-2010, 07:46 PM
please

please

PLEASE

tell me I'm not the only one that saw the end of the North Carolina @ Tennessee bowl game. By far the most crazy, wild, insane, and unpredictably entertaining football game I've ever seen in any football game, pro or college.

idrinkwine732
12-30-2010, 08:37 PM
please

please

PLEASE

tell me I'm not the only one that saw the end of the North Carolina @ Tennessee bowl game. By far the most crazy, wild, insane, and unpredictably entertaining football game I've ever seen in any football game, pro or college.

I was watching. It was awesome.

Travis The Dragon
12-30-2010, 08:45 PM
I wish I was here right about now!:
http://www.edesktopwallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/beautiful_tropical_beach-14711.jpg

Sepultura69
12-30-2010, 09:14 PM
So...I was looking through King Diamond setlists and I noticed there was one posted by Hecho (good lord, how many people are left who know who that is?).

Dude.........Is this the FAMOUS Hecho that I hear people talk about from time to time?

http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=1644

If so, this is pretty hilarious, why does he post everything in CAPS LOCK :lol:

Also, I don't get how a lot of people on here were comparing me to this guy when I first joined this board...Me and this guy are nothing alike...We have absolutely no resemblance WHAT SO EVER... :cool:

JRA
12-31-2010, 08:07 AM
My comment was a well intentioned joke, I don't think it needed to be deleted.

Sepultura69
12-31-2010, 08:18 AM
My comment was a well intentioned joke, I don't think it needed to be deleted.

You mean the "Darkies" comment? :confused:

I personally didn't find that offensive at all. I don't see why it had to get deleted(unless someone reported your post or something).. :cool:

JRA
12-31-2010, 08:31 AM
You mean the "Darkies" comment? :confused:

I personally didn't find that offensive at all. I don't see why it had to get deleted(unless someone reported your post or something).. :cool:

Yea that. It was in the back of my mind that maybe you were offended by it but that's clearly not the case. Whatever.

ChildrenofSodom
12-31-2010, 11:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2tqahIOmEY&feature=related

These things are hilarious.

Travis The Dragon
12-31-2010, 09:24 PM
So, is anyone smashed yet?

mankvill
01-01-2011, 12:11 AM
So, is anyone smashed yet?

literally. got jacked in the head by some nukka at the Hammerlord show. harder than i ever have been hit before. feel like death now

Sepultura69
01-01-2011, 09:14 AM
literally. got jacked in the head by some nukka at the Hammerlord show. harder than i ever have been hit before. feel like death now

Nukka :confused:

makethemsuffer12
01-01-2011, 10:18 AM

A way of saying "nigga" most commonly used by white people so they don't get their asses kicked by saying the real thing.

mankvill
01-01-2011, 12:32 PM

sry typo, i meant Nuka, as in someone who is a big fan of Nuka-Cola from the Fallout series.

Derelict
01-01-2011, 08:56 PM
had new years pork and sauerkraut with the family today. I have a cousin who has clearly gone off the deep end -he told my brother that the real reason we invaded iraq is because there's a stargate located there.

Amazing.

DethMaiden
01-01-2011, 10:07 PM
had new years pork and sauerkraut with the family today. I have a cousin who has clearly gone off the deep end -he told my brother that the real reason we invaded iraq is because there's a stargate located there.

Amazing.

*consults Indestructible*

Yep, sounds right.

treghet
01-01-2011, 11:01 PM

Amazing.

:LOLFC:

Derelict
01-02-2011, 08:04 AM
The funny part is that my brother is an Iraq War vet, so he was basically telling my brother that he fought in Iraq over a stargate. Google "stargate in Iraq," it's hilarious.

ChildrenofSodom
01-02-2011, 09:23 AM
The funny part is that my brother is an Iraq War vet, so he was basically telling my brother that he fought in Iraq over a stargate. Google "stargate in Iraq," it's hilarious.

If aliens came through a stargate into Iraq, they'd probably just turn around and leave after seeing how awful a place it is.

Sepultura69
01-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Now that 2010 is over with and 2011 is starting bright and early.....

I wonder who the next Metal Legend/Hip Hop artist/rock Icon, it will be to pass away :eyes: :(

I can see Adam Yauch from the Beastie Boys not lasting too long especially with his lung cancer and all :(

Maybe Rob Halford :eek:

Lemmy from Motorhead:eyes:

fuck if I know. :hecho:

ChildrenofSodom
01-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Nergal.

Sepultura69
01-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Nergal.

Oh yeah he has Leukemia or something right?

It's a damn shame that by the end of December 2011 we will have atleast, ATLEAST, 2 dead musicians that everyone on these boards love to death, and crank out everyday. Who knows.... :(

Dextrimental
01-02-2011, 10:16 AM
For those of you who have itunes vouchers you have no intention of using right now, these guys could do with the support, and their music may very well be flying up your alleys...

http://www.youtube.com/user/alexstypes#p/c/8701521B37D984D8/0/Pv_J1PWAmDw

Maiden33
01-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Got confirmation today that everything is a go for my band to plan our very own headlining show for the spring (late April or May), at which we will be playing about an hour and 15 minutes, including probably 5 of the new songs we've been working on.

Crionics
01-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Got confirmation today that everything is a go for my band to plan our very own headlining show for the spring (late April or May), at which we will be playing about an hour and 15 minutes, including probably 5 of the new songs we've been working on.

Congratz!

My band will be auditioning a bassist in about a week, hopefully that will go well. I'm still hoping my drummer can pick up the pace with the rest of us, he has tried a bit more ever since we talked to him last time (even though he was kinda offended). Unfortunately he's kinda going through some personal issues right now as one of his friends attempted suicide, so my prayers are with his friend atm. But I gotta say, things have realy picked up in the last month, and I think this is getting serious for the first time.

Maiden33
01-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Congratz!

My band will be auditioning a bassist in about a week, hopefully that will go well. I'm still hoping my drummer can pick up the pace with the rest of us, he has tried a bit more ever since we talked to him last time (even though he was kinda offended). Unfortunately he's kinda going through some personal issues right now as one of his friends attempted suicide, so my prayers are with his friend atm. But I gotta say, things have realy picked up in the last month, and I think this is getting serious for the first time.

Awesome, good luck to you guys.

This band has been very serious for me for a long time. We formed in September 2004, and have since opened for all kinds of legit metal acts: Overkill, Jon Oliva's Pain, Circle II Circle, Doro, Manticora, George Lynch, Raven, Attacker, Deceased, and Zandelle. We've also done one or two of our own shows at local venues. My biggest regret though is playing live WAY too early. There's always a ton of buzz when you're a kid and you form a band, so our first like dozen shows we drew REALLY well, but we weren't very good back then, and I think a lot of people turned away based on seeing us then. And in a large way, we've never gained that back, even though we've gotten exponentially better over the last several years. We've played about 50 shows at this point. We broke up in like November of 2009, but decided to get back together (with a new bassist) in April or May of 2010. Since then we've done 3 low-profile shows, but have been focusing the large majority of our time and effort on working on new material, which we genuinely believe is far superior to most of our older stuff.

So this show is basically going to be our way to showcase the material, and basically be like: Look, we're back, we're better than ever, it's time to take us very seriously.

We're probably also gonna be doing a new demo over the summer, the 2009 one was solid, but didn't turn out as good as wanted it to.

daimonos
01-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Deceased

:lol:
How'd ya like that one

Maiden33
01-02-2011, 06:24 PM
:lol:
How'd ya like that one

It was a pretty solid show. Asking because it's very different than what I'm into?

daimonos
01-02-2011, 06:25 PM
It was a pretty solid show. Asking because it's very different than what I'm into?

yep that's why I was asking ;)

jd091
01-02-2011, 06:39 PM
I wonder who the next Metal Legend/Hip Hop artist/rock Icon, it will be to pass away :eyes: :(

Nergal.

Don't ever joke like that. Ever.

TonyD
01-02-2011, 07:16 PM
I think we need to stop when we're speculating "who's gonna die next".

ChildrenofSodom
01-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Don't ever joke like that. Ever.

I'm not joking. I don't seriously think, or wish, that he is going to die very soon, but he is one of the highest profile metal people with a life-threatening illness.

street_burial
01-02-2011, 08:29 PM
enjoying a nice adult beverage

larvtard
01-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Was just about to submit my application to Northwestern, then realized the deadline was yesterday :eyes:
Story of my life.

DethMaiden
01-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Was just about to submit my application to Northwestern, then realized the deadline was yesterday :eyes:
Story of my life.

Huge bummer, dude. Where all did you/will you apply to?

Indestructible
01-02-2011, 08:55 PM
I am writing a 23 part paper on the New World Order and eugenics. Each part deals with something the NWO and eugenicist do. Starting tomorrow I will be heavily researching and writting. This writting will surprise everyone who knows me, it will surprise all of you too, if I post it on here. It will be well thought out and written by me alone and their will be no spelling and grammar errors. It should be done by the middle of march of this year.

larvtard
01-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Huge bummer, dude. Where all did you/will you apply to?

yup, I know. To be honest, I just wanted to go there because of Chicago :lol: I doubt I would've gotten in, too. It wasn't THAT much of a reach, but the chances didn't look good for me, either.

I just got into the Honors College at University of Vermont, and I'm waiting to hear back from Colorado College. Those two are my top choices.

other schools I applied to: UVA, Oberlin (I read more about it and realized I wouldn't fit in there, so that's out of the picture), Colgate, Skidmore, Hamilton, Vanderbilt.

larvtard
01-02-2011, 09:00 PM
I am writing a 23 part paper on the New World Order and eugenics. Each part deals with something the NWO and eugenicist do. Starting tomorrow I will be heavily researching and writting. This writting will surprise everyone who knows me, it will surprise all of you too, if I post it on here. It will be well thought out and written by me alone and their will be no spelling and grammar errors. It should be done by the middle of march of this year.

judging by this post, I doubt that...

or are you just lazy? that's fine too, I'm just trying to gain perspective :lol:

DethMaiden
01-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Cool man, best of luck to ya. I know it can be a stressful time, especially when you give a shit – which you clearly do.

Indestructible
01-02-2011, 09:03 PM
judging by this post, I doubt that...

or are you just lazy? that's fine too, I'm just trying to gain perspective :lol:

Well the paper will show a new me. One who can spell.:D

larvtard
01-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Cool man, best of luck to ya. I know it can be a stressful time, especially when you give a shit which you clearly do.

haha, yeah. Thanks man, much appreciated :)

idrinkwine732
01-02-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm almost done. Just Maryland and GW. I can't fucking wait.

DethMaiden
01-02-2011, 10:56 PM
So, I'm at the next stage of panic from you high school seniors.

I'm graduating in three semesters and am worried that I'm unprepared to do so, and meanwhile, I'm stressing out about whether I should keep pursuing a relationship or just stop knowing that the inevitable end, if it lasted that long, would be me graduating and getting a job in some far-flung place.

Curse this sentience that brings these thoughts!

mankvill
01-02-2011, 11:07 PM

I'm graduating in three semesters and am worried that I'm unprepared to do so, and meanwhile, I'm stressing out about whether I should keep pursuing a relationship or just stop knowing that the inevitable end, if it lasted that long, would be me graduating and getting a job in some far-flung place.

Don't worry about a relationship you sexy man, bitches will throw themselves at you soon enough.

larvtard
01-02-2011, 11:16 PM

I'd help you out, but I'm in the same boat as you as far as never having had a proper girlfriend. :lame:

DethMaiden
01-02-2011, 11:20 PM
I had a couple junior year of high school, but not since. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

TonyD
01-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Worrying about not having a girlfriend/trying to get a girlfriend is a surefire way to stay single.

ChildrenofSodom
01-03-2011, 05:19 AM
Worrying about not having a girlfriend/trying to get a girlfriend is a surefire way to stay single.

Uh, what?

TonyD
01-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Trying to get a girlfriend for the sake of having a girlfriend to be more specific.

mastodon421
01-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Trying to get a girlfriend for the sake of having a girlfriend to be more specific.

I completely agree. Personally, I have never had a girlfriend either. I just haven't met anyone recently that I would like to start a relationship with. I am not going to try to rush it, Hopefully I meet someone soon and the pieces fall into place, but for now I am not desperate and I'm sure the right person will come along someday.

DethMaiden
01-03-2011, 08:50 AM
For the record, my concerns aren't general, there's a specific girl and a specific course of action being undertaken. I wouldn't sit around worrying about not having a girlfriend if I didn't have one potentially lined up.

mastodon421
01-03-2011, 09:13 AM
For the record, my concerns aren't general, there's a specific girl and a specific course of action being undertaken. I wouldn't sit around worrying about not having a girlfriend if I didn't have one potentially lined up.

Gotcha, that makes a lot more sense now. Hopefully it works out for you, man:).

powerslave_85
01-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Dude, three semesters is plenty of time. Quit fucking worrying about stuff that might happen a year and a half from now and just go for it.

Derelict
01-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Don't sweat it guys, when you get into your mid twenties and into your 30s, you can't fucking get rid of them. Enjoy college.

ChildrenofSodom
01-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Don't sweat it guys, when you get into your mid twenties and into your 30s, you can't fucking get rid of them. Enjoy college.

Tryin' to do that, but when you look like me, there ain't much to enjoy when it comes to girls. ;)

Div
01-03-2011, 10:40 AM

ive heard this from alot of older guys. "man when i was your age i couldnt pick anyone up in a bar, now when i go there all these women are looking to settle down and dont leave me alone"

Div
01-03-2011, 10:43 AM
got a D in my java programming class where i got both a 90/95 and 100/100 on the midterm and final respectively... also got like an 80% on the homework assignments... something is seriously wrong with the way this professor thinks, going to have words with him tomorrow if hes in his office. otherwise im fucked and wont be able to graduate this spring... fuck yea, college!

JRA
01-03-2011, 11:40 AM

Well I'm 25 so there should be 3 butt sluts waiting for me at my apartment when I get back by this logic.

ChildrenofSodom
01-03-2011, 11:40 AM
ive heard this from alot of older guys. "man when i was your age i couldnt pick anyone up in a bar, now when i go there all these women are looking to settle down and dont leave me alone"

I've thought that. I think the average marrying age is in the late 20s, and most girls at college are probably looking to get an education and good job. I've also read that their goddamn birth control pills have made their bodies less focused on finding a "mate" right away. Apparently my testosterone didn't get the memo on that one.

JRA
01-03-2011, 11:42 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldwi25mwNo1qzjh5wo1_500.jpg

that is all

Maiden33
01-03-2011, 12:22 PM
I've thought that. I think the average marrying age is in the late 20s, and most girls at college are probably looking to get an education and good job. I've also read that their goddamn birth control pills have made their bodies less focused on finding a "mate" right away. Apparently my testosterone didn't get the memo on that one.

I don't give a damn, I have come to learn that birth control pills are without a doubt one of the very best things ever invented.

powerslave_85
01-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Ha, no shit. You know what else their bodies are less focused on? Getting pregnant.

TonyD
01-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Funny how that works, women in their 30's are like dudes in a bar at 1:30.

Derelict
01-03-2011, 01:25 PM

My dad used to say it to me too and i thought he was an idiot - honestly, truer words have never been spoken.

Derelict
01-03-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't give a damn, I have come to learn that birth control pills are without a doubt one of the very best things ever invented.

Yes, yes they are.

makethemsuffer12
01-03-2011, 01:55 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldwi25mwNo1qzjh5wo1_500.jpg

that is all

:lol: I looked by this pretty quick earlier today and didn't even notice the change.

Div
01-03-2011, 04:34 PM
I've thought that. I think the average marrying age is in the late 20s, and most girls at college are probably looking to get fucked. I've also read that their goddamn birth control pills have made their bodies less focused on finding a "mate" right away. Apparently my testosterone didn't get the memo on that one.

fix'd

seriously, you know how many girls have dumped their steady reliable boyfriends just so they could have the option open to sleep with other dudes?

ChildrenofSodom
01-03-2011, 04:56 PM
fix'd

seriously, you know how many girls have dumped their steady reliable boyfriends just so they could have the option open to sleep with other dudes?

If I knew any girls like that, I wouldn't be complaining on a heavy metal message board.

Maiden33
01-03-2011, 04:58 PM
If I knew any girls like that, I wouldn't be complaining on a heavy metal message board.

Nope, you'd probably be complaining on an STD FAQ message board. :tongue:

DethMaiden
01-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Somehow I don't think I'm hanging out in the right circles to find girls looking to get fucked.

Maiden33
01-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Somehow I don't think I'm hanging out in the right circles to find girls looking to get fucked.

And I think you underestimate how little you actually want that.

SomewhereInTime72
01-03-2011, 06:52 PM
protip: all girls are looking to get fucked.

also no means yes but you didnt hear that from me

mankvill
01-03-2011, 07:32 PM

also no means yes but you didnt hear that from me

all girls love anal, most just don't know it yet

Derelict
01-03-2011, 08:09 PM

Women are just as bad as men when it comes to that, but way better at hiding it.

TonyD
01-04-2011, 02:41 AM
They're better at hiding sexual desires, but express emotions.
We're better at hiding emotions, but express boners.

JuuKun
01-04-2011, 11:09 AM
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/01/04/132652272/new-edition-of-huckleberry-finn-will-eliminate-offensive-words?

This is ridiculous. I understand the word is offensive, but it's a classic book, and the idea of changing the vocabulary of something like this pisses me off. They're trying to erase racism like it never happened. It's not a current book, it's a piece from the 1800's, where that language was commonplace. What's next? All of the uses of Kaffir (the South African equivalent) out from King Solomon's Mines? We're going to erase the Holocaust from the Diary of Anne Frank? Who's to decide where this sort of censorship stops?

Indestructible
01-04-2011, 11:34 AM
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/01/04/132652272/new-edition-of-huckleberry-finn-will-eliminate-offensive-words?

This is ridiculous. I understand the word is offensive, but it's a classic book, and the idea of changing the vocabulary of something like this pisses me off. They're trying to erase racism like it never happened. It's not a current book, it's a piece from the 1800's, where that language was commonplace. What's next? All of the uses of Kaffir (the South African equivalent) out from King Solomon's Mines? We're going to erase the Holocaust from the Diary of Anne Frank? Who's to decide where this sort of censorship stops?
I agree

I hate all forms of censorship. You can't change the words in a book just because people are offended by a word. I have never that book but I know it is a classic and it should not be changed. If you know they say the n word in the book alot then don't read the book, if you're a teacher read a different book to the class, or explain to the children what the word mean, how it was used back then and why it is not a good idea to say it. The languge in that book shows people how things were back then, you can't ruin that.

Dextrimental
01-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Page 666 :rocker:

Also, censorship is bogus..

evildeadjedi
01-04-2011, 12:06 PM

I think so as well, it shouldn't be that hard to get laid in college. Is there an all female college close by? Better yet a catholic one. :D Or have you ever dipped your toes in the milf/cougar pool? They normally come with none of the bs women your age have and they could teach you things you can only image. :)

This just in, Rich Rod was fired from the evil state north of Toledo. If they can somehow woo Harbaugh, I would start to be nervous.

In honor of page 666 of the thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5wUr4Lut4A

street_burial
01-04-2011, 12:12 PM
shouldnt the thread be closed now that its at page 666?

Div
01-04-2011, 12:18 PM

King Solomon's Mines is one of my favorite books, I would be very upset if they did that.

powerslave_85
01-04-2011, 12:19 PM
I think so as well, it shouldn't be that hard to get laid in college. Is there an all female college close by? Better yet a catholic one. :D Or have you ever dipped your toes in the milf/cougar pool? They normally come with none of the bs women your age have and they could teach you things you can only image. :)

This just in, Rich Rod was fired from the evil state north of Toledo. If they can somehow woo Harbaugh, I would start to be nervous.

In honor of page 666 of the thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5wUr4Lut4A
I'd put all my money on Harbaugh going to the NFL.

evildeadjedi
01-04-2011, 12:21 PM
I'd put all my money on Harbaugh going to the NFL.

I would say it's about 90% chance he jumps to the NFL.

mankvill
01-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Censoring books is the dumbest thing of all time.

larvtard
01-04-2011, 03:26 PM

Eh, I'm kinda conflicted on this issue. Changing the word is an insult for sure, but if it gets the schools to put it on their reading lists, then that's definitely a good thing. It's a classic work of American literature and students everywhere ought to read it. Naturally, I'd rather it not come to this scenario, but if it needs to be done, it needs to be done.

At least we're not censoring every single edition of the novel just to combat racism. But ultimately, it comes down to this question: Would you rather have a child read a censored edition of the novel, or not read the novel at all?

BTW, look at the poll :lol:

powerslave_85
01-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Censoring books is the dumbest thing of all time.
This.