PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part III

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27

ChildrenofSodom
10-11-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm trying to do some homework (Spanish and Comm), as well planning my new blog. Check it out: http://bleedingdehart.blogspot.com/. First week topics include: Nobel Prize in Economics & the Federal Reserve, Social Security fixes, the Tea Party's roots and longevity, and nuclear power.

illuminatus917
10-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Hmmm. I'll try to remember to keep up with your blog. I'm an International Business major, planning on minoring in Political Science and Chinese. You asked for suggestions... I suggest Christopher Hitchens and George Will.

idrinkwine732
10-11-2010, 10:37 PM
http://bleedingdehart.blogspot.com/

Catchy. I like it.

ChildrenofSodom
10-12-2010, 06:46 AM
Hmmm. I'll try to remember to keep up with your blog. I'm an International Business major, planning on minoring in Political Science and Chinese. You asked for suggestions... I suggest Christopher Hitchens and George Will.

I am familiar with Hitchens, or at least I own a few of his books.

SomewhereInTime72
10-12-2010, 06:58 AM
I'm trying to do some homework (Spanish and Comm), as well planning my new blog. Check it out: http://bleedingdehart.blogspot.com/. First week topics include: Nobel Prize in Economics & the Federal Reserve, Social Security fixes, the Tea Party's roots and longevity, and nuclear power.

Haha, awesome blog name. Though I'm not sure I'm interested enough in political things to actually read it. :eek: ;)

evildeadjedi
10-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Ok, here are some pics for your enjoyment.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs148.ash2/40741_448800004361_758059361_5121847_5422206_n.jpg

Summer 2009 - 310 lbs. I thought that this was my "most metal" period, with the long hair, mean face, cool band shirts (XXL), and bad attitude.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs332.ash2/61239_443413259361_758059361_5025440_6135175_n.jpg

This is from a few weeks ago, and I've lost a little weight/gained some muscle since then. I'm now 240 lbs, short hair, nicer face, and I still wear some band shirts (XL).

The first guy doesn't look like any politician I have ever seen. Second guy definitely looks like he could be in Washington one day. Good job man! :party:

ChildrenofSodom
10-12-2010, 09:58 AM
The first guy doesn't look like any politician I have ever seen. Second guy definitely looks like he could be in Washington one day. Good job man! :party:

Thanks! I've all but given up on being a politician, but hopefully I look like a boring policy analyst now. I've still got 30 lbs to hit my initial goal, and then probably another 30 after that to get to my dream weight.

DethMaiden
10-12-2010, 11:05 AM
So here's a devil's-advocate-type question for the people firmly opposed to calling things "gay."

"Gay" means homosexual, but we use it to mean "lame" - but "lame" means unable to walk, so we should use "dumb," which means unable to speak, so maybe we use "stupid," which still means "of lesser intellect," but at this point doesn't even mean the thing we originally meant to say. Doesn't every word that means that thing we mean to say have its roots in some kind of perjorative?

evildeadjedi
10-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks! I've all but given up on being a politician, but hopefully I look like a boring policy analyst now. I've still got 30 lbs to hit my initial goal, and then probably another 30 after that to get to my dream weight.

I think you could pass as a boring policy analyst easily so it's all good.

illuminatus917
10-12-2010, 11:24 AM
I am familiar with Hitchens, or at least I own a few of his books.

He's more internationally focused, and less economically. And he also tends to tackle abstract issues (the classical ideals), and is more idealistically minded in general than most columnists. I consider him one of the most intellectual minds of our time. Too bad he's currently battling metastatic esophageal cancer... we've probably seen what we're going to see of him.

SomewhereInTime72
10-12-2010, 11:52 AM
So here's a devil's-advocate-type question for the people firmly opposed to calling things "gay."

"Gay" means homosexual, but we use it to mean "lame" - but "lame" means unable to walk, so we should use "dumb," which means unable to speak, so maybe we use "stupid," which still means "of lesser intellect," but at this point doesn't even mean the thing we originally meant to say. Doesn't every word that means that thing we mean to say have its roots in some kind of perjorative?

don't be retarded

makethemsuffer12
10-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Speaking of "gay..."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=147568

TonyD
10-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Yeah I was gonna post that. Not only was that a stupid thing to say, but Godsmack making fun of Creed is like Britney Spears making fun of Kesha.

makethemsuffer12
10-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Yeah I was gonna post that. Not only was that a stupid thing to say, but Godsmack making fun of Creed is like Britney Spears making fun of Kesha.

I believe it's spelt Ke$ha. KNOW YOUR SHIT BRO.

Wizzbang11
10-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Blasphemophagher/Black Witchery/Diocletian show was made all ages! Yay!!!

idrinkwine732
10-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Blasphemophagher/Black Witchery/Diocletian show was made all ages! Yay!!!

wut

:cool:

ChildrenofSodom
10-12-2010, 07:00 PM
I think you could pass as a boring policy analyst easily so it's all good.

Thanks. Speaking of, check out my first blog post. http://bleedingdehart.blogspot.com/2010/10/diamond-in-rough.html

Travis The Dragon
10-12-2010, 08:46 PM
SOTY in 3 days! :rocker:

mankvill
10-12-2010, 09:02 PM
don't be retarded

You don’t call retarded people retards. It’s bad taste. You call your friends retards – when they’re acting retarded.

JRA
10-12-2010, 09:13 PM
I, technically, am a retard, and I 100% endorse the use of the word retard. These faggot retard "protection" interest groups should spend less money lobbying for the government to rape the English language and spend more money on package deals at the Bunny Ranch for their constituents.

Anyways, I read this on Blabbermouth:
"Other than that I love the concept and I love that there's never any modern metal bands on [Vh1's That Metal Show]. No disrespect to new bands but since the nineties it's been almost two separate forms of music almost. Can't really listen to Deep Purple and Lamb of God as if they were the same thing can you?"

I don't know why, but this quote made me step back and think.

xStructualDefect
10-13-2010, 07:01 AM
gonna go see a recruiter for Marines most likely tomorrow. i can't enlist yet since i need to wait a bit for my knee to recover, but just talking to a recruiter would be nice. hopefully i can get enlisted by the end of this year, and after that i'll most likely have to wait up to a year until i'll leave for boot camp.

ChildrenofSodom
10-13-2010, 09:19 AM
gonna go see a recruiter for Marines most likely tomorrow. i can't enlist yet since i need to wait a bit for my knee to recover, but just talking to a recruiter would be nice. hopefully i can get enlisted by the end of this year, and after that i'll most likely have to wait up to a year until i'll leave for boot camp.

Semper Fi, dude. Why the long wait?

Derelict
10-13-2010, 09:47 AM

Good luck man - my brother got out last year after being in for four years.

Div
10-14-2010, 08:47 AM
i think the term "gay" when used as slang is somewhat based in truths, even if theyre stereotypes. for example:

"dude im gonna eat your roommates chips ahoy"
"dont, hell be gay about it"

basically used like this means the person is going to act like an overly-dramatic bitch, which is what lame homosexuals act like. is it fair to the cool homosexuals that this term has become associated with being a bitch when it was once used to mean happy? not really, but thats just how it is.

TLDR: drama queens, nobody likes them, especially when they're dudes.

Div
10-14-2010, 09:41 AM
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5061/1287072815209.jpg

Dextrimental
10-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Dude that comics insane!

makethemsuffer12
10-14-2010, 12:06 PM
...What the fuck was that?

ChildrenofSodom
10-14-2010, 01:39 PM
...What the fuck was that?

More like, What the FUCK was that?

illuminatus917
10-14-2010, 07:18 PM
http://www.flashasylum.com/db/files/Comics/Dave/comicstarlol2.png (http://www.explosm.net/comics/1172/)

ChildrenofSodom
10-15-2010, 07:44 AM
I want to do a statistical analysis of Blabbermouth reviews. My hypothesis is that the official blabbermouth reviews for albums from bands on Roadrunner Records are biased; they rank those bands higher than the user reviews of the same album or the official reviews of non-Roadrunner bands.

EDIT - I would start by surveying users here on what other websites they trust for metal reviews, such as M-A, metalsucks, whatever. I might actually do this. Anyone want to help me?

larvtard
10-15-2010, 02:22 PM
I want to do a statistical analysis of Blabbermouth reviews. My hypothesis is that the official blabbermouth reviews for albums from bands on Roadrunner Records are biased; they rank those bands higher than the user reviews of the same album or the official reviews of non-Roadrunner bands.

EDIT - I would start by surveying users here on what other websites they trust for metal reviews, such as M-A, metalsucks, whatever. I might actually do this. Anyone want to help me?

If I'm particularly curious about reading a review for an album (I usually read reviews for albums I already have- I want to see what other people thought of it), I just google it. MetalSucks has decent reviews. Invisibleoranges is very good though. I'm not sure if they regularly post reviews?

powerslave_85
10-15-2010, 02:28 PM
I generally don't read music reviews.

BloodoftheKings
10-15-2010, 02:52 PM
I like Metal Reviews (http://v2.metalreviews.com/)

ChildrenofSodom
10-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I had a stats boner earlier. Doing this would not help me with anything in life and I don't really care that much.

So, nevermind.

BloodoftheKings
10-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Allmusic guide is terrible for reviews. I looked up slayer on their once and Show No Mercy was the lowest rated album :tp:

treghet
10-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I had a stats boner earlier. Doing this would not help me with anything in life and I don't really care that much.

So, nevermind.

I was going to point that out to you but I figured you'd rethink it. :tongue: Too much work for nothing.

mankvill
10-16-2010, 01:11 AM
http://jukeboxmetal.com/

That "Jackson May" sure writes sexy reviews.

mastodon421
10-16-2010, 12:12 PM
http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/

This kid writes pretty decent reviews.

Wizzbang11
10-16-2010, 05:15 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs475.ash1/26057_395770598355_732558355_5320861_4123898_n.jpg
Does this guy look similar to Jeff Teets?

ChildrenofSodom
10-16-2010, 06:34 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs475.ash1/26057_395770598355_732558355_5320861_4123898_n.jpg
Does this guy look similar to Jeff Teets?

A little. Look a lot like a nerd though.

HVZ here at OSU has a map of where the kills occur, and the biggest grouping is around the engineering library. teehee

Wizzbang11
10-16-2010, 06:52 PM
A little. Look a lot like a nerd though.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs309.snc3/29078_1443973536412_1145330772_1327508_7980481_n.j pg

I really think there is a strong resemblance.

DethMaiden
10-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Got mentioned by ESPN NBA analyst Marc Stein on Twitter tonight. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE LATELY?

idrinkwine732
10-17-2010, 10:04 PM
I've finally stopped fretting that something horribly wrong had happened to the new Grayceon album. We're all good.

We are extremely honored to announce that our new album will be released on Profound Lore Records in early 2011! In working with Profound Lore, we are joining the ranks of some of our all-time favorite metal bands, many of whom are also from the Bay Area, so this signing is very exciting for us. Check out Profound Lore...'s website and the Grayceon signing announcement, by following the link below. More news about the release of our new album forthcoming...

daimonos
10-18-2010, 02:06 PM
I Visited Malone University in Ohio today. Holy shit I do not want to go to a Christian college.

larvtard
10-18-2010, 03:31 PM
I Visited Malone University in Ohio today. Holy shit I do not want to go to a Christian college.

:lol:

I mean, I've heard that the Jesuit ones aren't horrible, but I'd still find that atmosphere a bit too uncomfortable. Most of the Midwestern liberal arts schools I've looked at are Christian, too :hmm:

Div
10-18-2010, 03:32 PM
I tend to keep up with the stuff politicians are doing in my state, but every time I see these ass backwards arguments it reaffirms my opinion that all politicians are perhaps the biggest tools on the planet. The crew from jersey shore cant hold a candle to these motherfuckers, theyre pulling this shit off on a completely different level. I mean cant we get a single goddamn thing done without these assholes turning it into a popularity contest over morals and lifestyles?

/rant

makethemsuffer12
10-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Just dowloaded the latest Zune software. It runs so much better now :D

ChildrenofSodom
10-18-2010, 07:48 PM
I tend to keep up with the stuff politicians are doing in my state, but every time I see these ass backwards arguments it reaffirms my opinion that all politicians are perhaps the biggest tools on the planet. The crew from jersey shore cant hold a candle to these motherfuckers, theyre pulling this shit off on a completely different level. I mean cant we get a single goddamn thing done without these assholes turning it into a popularity contest over morals and lifestyles?

/rant

Goddamn Christie canceled the rail plan. That asshole.

But yeah, I'm starting to agree with you. The more I learn about political science and economics, the more I hate politics.

Div
10-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Goddamn Christie canceled the rail plan. That asshole.

But yeah, I'm starting to agree with you. The more I learn about political science and economics, the more I hate politics.

hah, i was pissed over christie too, but not over that (altho the trains here are pretty direct, theyre slow compared to other countries, and the rate hikes make me not want to use them).

i was reading in the paper about the medical marijuana plans, which christie is opposed to. instead of being a good sport over an issue he disagrees with and just letting it go through, he decides to do all in his power to stop it. so that means there will only be something like 4 dispensaries in the entire state, and restricting them to only being allowed to sell buds with a THC content of 10% (which is shit). basically its making all the effort put in to this project useless because anyone who actually needs it for pain relief will have to be geographically limited to one of four locations, and wont even be able to get a decent high once they buy it. so people are just going to buy it off the streets anyway because he decided to undermine the whole damn thing in order to stick to his political image. i mean there's pros to having a republican in office when it comes to lower taxes and such... but its immature shit like this, with no logical reasoning behind it, that just makes me feel like these guys arent even taking their jobs seriously and are just playing it based off their own personal opinions.

seeing as we have extremely potent opiates like oxycontin being legally manufactured and acceptable to have, its annoying that politicians feel the need to keep reinforcing these archaic laws with no logical foundation. :finger2:

idrinkwine732
10-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Becoming a philosophical genius

EDIT:

Scratch that, gettin' owned over here...

Derelict
10-19-2010, 05:06 AM
hah, i was pissed over christie too, but not over that (altho the trains here are pretty direct, theyre slow compared to other countries, and the rate hikes make me not want to use them).

i was reading in the paper about the medical marijuana plans, which christie is opposed to. instead of being a good sport over an issue he disagrees with and just letting it go through, he decides to do all in his power to stop it. so that means there will only be something like 4 dispensaries in the entire state, and restricting them to only being allowed to sell buds with a THC content of 10% (which is shit). basically its making all the effort put in to this project useless because anyone who actually needs it for pain relief will have to be geographically limited to one of four locations, and wont even be able to get a decent high once they buy it. so people are just going to buy it off the streets anyway because he decided to undermine the whole damn thing in order to stick to his political image. i mean there's pros to having a republican in office when it comes to lower taxes and such... but its immature shit like this, with no logical reasoning behind it, that just makes me feel like these guys arent even taking their jobs seriously and are just playing it based off their own personal opinions.

seeing as we have extremely potent opiates like oxycontin being legally manufactured and acceptable to have, its annoying that politicians feel the need to keep reinforcing these archaic laws with no logical foundation. :finger2:

I wish that everyone opposed to medical marijuana would have to go to the hospital and tell chemo patients they can't have any pot for pain relief and to help them eat.

ChildrenofSodom
10-19-2010, 06:28 AM
I wish that everyone opposed to medical marijuana would have to go to the hospital and tell chemo patients they can't have any pot for pain relief and to help them eat.

http://www.theonion.com/audio/marijuana-legalized-2-days-after-advocates-put-on,13857/

That's all you've got to do.

Derelict
10-19-2010, 07:04 AM
http://www.theonion.com/audio/marijuana-legalized-2-days-after-advocates-put-on,13857/

That's all you've got to do.

oh shit thats great

ChildrenofSodom
10-19-2010, 08:41 AM
I just scheduled my classes for Winter Quarter. I'm taking:

Anthropology 200H - Intro to Physical Anthropology
Political Science 485H - Techniques of Political Analysis
Spanish 103.01 - Intermediate Spanish (my second of three required language courses)
EDUPAES 195.01 - YOGA I

:D I've got my Mondays and Fridays open til 4:30 and my Wednesdays til 1:30, so I can get a job at the State House. I'm also going to be starting a research project with a polisci professor in a few weeks. Busy busy busy.

Natrlhi
10-19-2010, 09:26 AM
I've finally stopped fretting that something horribly wrong had happened to the new Grayceon album. We're all good.

I mentioned this a few days ago in another thread, but it was pretty much a passing reference, so I'm not surprised you missed it.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=309973&postcount=3018

I'll let it pass THIS TIME. :allan:

ChildrenofSodom
10-19-2010, 10:39 AM
:D I've got my Mondays and Fridays open til 4:30 and my Wednesdays til 1:30, so I can get a job at the State House. I'm also going to be starting a research project with a polisci professor in a few weeks. Busy busy busy.

I just got a call from the legislative aide for a State Senator in Cleveland. I'm going to interview later this week or next week. Boo yah.

Derelict
10-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Not a rock band player, not sure if this is news or not

Devin Townsend West Coast tour was great! Doing Ziltoid for Rockband and finishing Ghost this week before heading back to the East Coast. Hope you're well!

Div
10-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Not a rock band player, not sure if this is news or not

Devin Townsend West Coast tour was great! Doing Ziltoid for Rockband and finishing Ghost this week before heading back to the East Coast. Hope you're well!

I saw that too on facebook, gotta love that guy

TonyD
10-19-2010, 11:18 AM

+1
That would be fun as shit

Crionics
10-19-2010, 05:12 PM
New Triptykon music video for Shatter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrRi25jZRFY&feature=player_embedded

JRA
10-19-2010, 05:35 PM
This just in: Joel McIver, writer of the book "Bloody Reign of Slayer" is a first class moron. He calls Tormentor "the low point of [Show No Mercy]," Die By The Sword "detestable" and Crionics "unremarkable." Well, in truth he says "the first part is unremarkable second half of the song is well above average," but still, the compliment is backhanded and isn't awestruck enough. Well allow me to reflect similar journalistic opinion, the first five minutes of Reign In Blood are "well above average", but the rest of it is "boring, piecemeal unremarkable speed metal until the last ten minutes, which was easily outgunned by Slayer's German counterparts."

Chode.

larvtard
10-19-2010, 06:16 PM
This just in: Joel McIver, writer of the book "Bloody Reign of Slayer" is a first class moron. He calls Tormentor "the low point of [Show No Mercy]," Die By The Sword "detestable" and Crionics "unremarkable." Well, in truth he says "the first part is unremarkable second half of the song is well above average," but still, the compliment is backhanded and isn't awestruck enough. Well allow me to reflect similar journalistic opinion, the first five minutes of Reign In Blood are "well above average", but the rest of it is "boring, piecemeal together unremarkable speed metal until the last ten minutes, which was easily outgunned by Slayer's German counterparts."

Chode.

Well, it's all opinion, but still those are some pretty shitty opinions. I think The Antichrist is pretty overrated though. The Final Command is the low point, I think.

daimonos
10-19-2010, 08:55 PM

He's my hero.

New Triptykon music video for Shatter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrRi25jZRFY&feature=player_embedded

Awesome video.

xStructualDefect
10-20-2010, 08:12 AM
like i suspected a few weeks ago i think i am growing out of some metal bands. in the past year more and more non-metal bands have been appearing on my iTunes and i've also been deleting some artists that i never listen to anymore. BUT if i really think about it i don't think they were ever bands i loved. i think most of the bands i've been deleting have been bands that i never exactly got "really into" but i listened to them because i really liked other bands within that genre, or because back then when i was getting more into diff types of metal, i thought they were a band respected and liked by many metalheads so i'd try to get into them to gain metal credibility from other metalheads (fucking stupid i know, but i was 15 at the time).

for example i used to listen to Amon Amarth sometimes because i was seeing them live with Ensiferum (who i primarily came to see) so i started listening to before the show and liked them. i thought they were amazing live so i downloaded more of their stuff and listened to them for a while after seeing them. then i came back to them realizing i hadn't listened to them in a year or longer. so i put on a few of their songs, and i honestly could say besides a few songs i still like, i got bored and wanted to change it. but they were still a lot of fun live. if they were on a lineup that i wanted to see i'd gladly go see them again, i just wouldn't listen to them on my own time.

another example would be the power metal genre. my favorite bands from that genre have and always will be Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, and Sonata Arctica (first 2 albums primarily). i also had Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, Angra, Firewind, Kamelot, among a few others in my library. a month or so ago i listened to the few bands mentioned above again for the first time in awhile, and besides a few songs by each band, none of them really did anything for me. i deleted all their stuff off my iTunes, but kept my 3 favorites because i still listen to them on occassion.

so in conclusion after typing this, i kinda realized maybe the bands i deleted off my library were bands i never exactly got into. maybe i just had them in my library and listened to them every now and them because i either 1) loved other bands within that genre, so listened to these bands also thinking i would like them also, 2) i thought they were respected metal bands so i thought if i liked them i'd gain metal credibility (again, fucking stupid i know), or 3) i started listening to a band because they were on a lineup that i was planning on seeing, so i thought i'd get into them since i was seeing that lineup. and i probably did kinda end up getting into them and enjoyed them live, but after that i didn't have much desire to listen to them afterwards, and ended up deleting them later on (which has happened with a few bands before).

so for anyone who took the time to read that, what do you think? is it probably just one of the 3 reasons mentioned above? have these experiences ever happened to you? personally i think it's a combination of all 3 reasons.

ChildrenofSodom
10-20-2010, 09:15 AM
I like Amon Amarth. I've only listened to maybe 10-20 of their songs, and couldn't stand to listen to their entire discography...but I still like them. Same with Tim McGraw. I don't have any of his albums, but I love alot of his song.

Natrlhi
10-20-2010, 09:29 AM
I like Amon Amarth. I've only listened to maybe 10-20 of their songs, and couldn't stand to listen to their entire discography...but I still like them. Same with Tim McGraw. I don't have any of his albums, but I love alot of his song.
Funny - I felt the same way at first. Then Amon Amarth dropped "Twilight of the Thundergod" on the world, and I crossed over into "official fan" territory. :D

That's the one album I would suggest to someone who wants to give them a try from track one through to the end.

mastodon421
10-20-2010, 12:10 PM
I am a pretty big Amon Amarth fan. At first the vocals were a little too guttral for me, then they grew on me and I have really liked them ever since. The essential Amon Amarth record in my eyes will always be With Oden On Our Side, fucking brillant record.

DethMaiden
10-20-2010, 12:11 PM
I am a pretty big Amon Amarth fan. At first the vocals were a little too guttral for me, then they grew on me and I have really liked them ever since. The essential Amon Amarth record in my eyes will always be With Oden On Our Side, fucking brillant record.

Seriously? I'd say Johann Hegg is one of the two or three most clearly enunciating death metal singers ever.

ChildrenofSodom
10-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Seriously? I'd say Johann Hegg is one of the two or three most clearly enunciating death metal singers ever.

I agree. Along with the dude from November's Doom.

DethMaiden
10-20-2010, 02:34 PM
I agree. Along with the dude from November's Doom.

Yeah, Paul Kuhr or something like that. I'd say him, Johann, and Mikael Åkerfeldt are just as easy to understand as if they were cleanly singing.

But maybe I'm crazy, because I can understand most extreme vocalists anymore.

mastodon421
10-20-2010, 02:57 PM

I know that now, but at time I first heard Amon Amarth, I didn't really listen to death metal, so everything was a little too guttral:lol:

BloodoftheKings
10-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Im still very into metal but I can not listen to brutal death metal anymore. I still listen to melodeath often but every time I try to listen to something like cannibal corpse or deicide lately I get very bored. I was thinking maybe i'll see CC again but I quickly realized I have no interest in seeing that show. But similar to xstructuraldefect I was never that into any of those bands anyway.

mankvill
10-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Im still very into metal but I can not listen to brutal death metal anymore. I still listen to melodeath often but every time I try to listen to something like cannibal corpse or deicide lately I get very bored. I was thinking maybe i'll see CC again but I quickly realized I have no interest in seeing that show. But similar to xstructuraldefect I was never that into any of those bands anyway.

I can't get enough of brutal death metal now.

Cephalotripsy, Devourment, Rompeprop. BRING 'EM ON!

xStructualDefect
10-20-2010, 05:04 PM
i've tried to get into death and brutal death metal a bunch of times. has always done nothing for me. i'll enjoy seeing dm bands live every now and then, but i can't listen to them on my own time.

Wizzbang11
10-20-2010, 06:49 PM

What the fuck are you smoking Jackson

treghet
10-20-2010, 07:19 PM

Lust of Decay and Disgorge are awesome, in case you haven't listened to them.

mankvill
10-20-2010, 10:37 PM
What the fuck are you smoking Jackson

Not technically brutal death, but shit is slamming. One of the main reasons I wanted to do MDF last year.

ChildrenofSodom
10-21-2010, 10:37 AM
There is a guy from New Jersey that lives down my hall. I just heard him say "I've got your Italian Sausage right here for you, dude."

Crionics
10-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Liverpool's pilot is Bruce Dickinson, pretty cool.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Liverpool-s-pilot-is-the-lead-singer-of-Iron-Mai?urn=sow-278495

mankvill
10-21-2010, 01:20 PM
There is a guy from New Jersey that lives down my hall. I just heard him say "I've got your Italian Sausage right here for you, dude."

FAGS!

evildeadjedi
10-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Funny - I felt the same way at first. Then Amon Amarth dropped "Twilight of the Thundergod" on the world, and I crossed over into "official fan" territory. :D

That's the one album I would suggest to someone who wants to give them a try from track one through to the end.

^This

With Oden On Our Side was killer too!

DethMaiden
10-21-2010, 02:04 PM
You guys are nuts if you thought Twilight was "that album." With Oden On Our Side is way more consistent, and way better. I revisit that one WAY more than Twilight, and it's two years older.

ChildrenofSodom
10-21-2010, 02:39 PM
You guys are nuts if you thought Twilight was "that album." With Oden On Our Side is way more consistent, and way better. I revisit that one WAY more than Twilight, and it's two years older.

Es verdad.

SomewhereInTime72
10-21-2010, 03:34 PM
I think you're nuts if Versus the World isn't the Amon Amarth album. :lol:

TonyD
10-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Kerry King playing Rattlehead with Deth tonight in LA?

mankvill
10-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Kerry King playing Rattlehead with Deth tonight in LA?

wat

rjturtle9
10-22-2010, 01:20 AM
wat

It was awesome. :rocker:

mankvill
10-22-2010, 02:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfipniDOung

xStructualDefect
10-22-2010, 02:34 AM
got back from the four year strong and comeback kid show tonight and gotta say probably one of the funnest shows i've been to awhile. FYS was too much fun. lots of singing along, crowd surfers, shoving around/jumping, pits (primarily hxc dancing during the breakdowns only but eh w.e), pile ups, sweaty messes, etc.

CBK was very good but pretty much just hardcore kids and a grip of hardcore dancing, but still a lot of fun. not the scene type of hardcore kids, the actual hardcore kids. the ones who listen to bane, trapped under ice, terror, etc, not bring me the horizon, devil wears prada, attack attack, etc.

i'd post a review but i doubt anyone cares about those bands.

Crionics
10-22-2010, 11:34 AM

I'm awaiting a closer shot of this, by the way listen to the crowd at the start, Epic lol.

TonyD
10-22-2010, 11:50 AM

"Kerry King? Chris Poland? Is he still alive?"

Back to the topic, about to vote early, do my part to legalize it.:stoned:

larvtard
10-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Jackass 3d (saw it in 2d) was one of the least funny movies I've ever seen. Maybe I'm just elitist and appreciate intelligent humor...?

Wasn't my choice to go, FYI

mankvill
10-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Jackass 3d (saw it in 2d) was one of the least funny movies I've ever seen. Maybe I'm just elitist and appreciate intelligent humor...?

Wasn't my choice to go, FYI

I love the Jackass movies. Almost pissed myself seeing Jackass 2 for the first time.

Wizzbang11
10-22-2010, 09:18 PM
I love the Jackass movies. Almost pissed myself seeing Jackass 2 for the first time.

Me too. They are goddamn hilarious.

JRA
10-22-2010, 09:43 PM
The only Jackass bit I liked was Golf Course Air Horn. Everything else was :hecho:

mastodon421
10-23-2010, 06:23 AM

Have you seen 3 yet? If not, you won't be dissapointed, it's fucking hysterical.

BloodoftheKings
10-23-2010, 07:45 AM
I just entered the sweepstakes to see Gwar on the jimmy fallon show.

makethemsuffer12
10-23-2010, 07:56 AM

Nice. The band bench, right? Most likely you'll get in. A bunch of friends and I did it for when Slayer was on the show, and I believe most of us won. It was an awesome experience. Watching Slayer play from right behind Dave Lombardo's kit is something I'll never forget.

BloodoftheKings
10-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Nice. The band bench, right? Most likely you'll get in. A bunch of friends and I did it for when Slayer was on the show, and I believe most of us won. It was an awesome experience. Watching Slayer play from right behind Dave Lombardo's kit is something I'll never forget.

yeah, is it really that likely to win? And do they mail the tickets to you?

larvtard
10-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Have you seen 3 yet? If not, you won't be dissapointed, it's fucking hysterical.

Meh, I guess I'm in the minority here then. :eyes:

I mean, every other scene was basically a variation on someone getting hit in the balls. The funniest scene- which didn't even produce a belly laugh from me- was Hornet's Nest Tetherball.

makethemsuffer12
10-23-2010, 01:00 PM
yeah, is it really that likely to win? And do they mail the tickets to you?

Yeah it's pretty likely. Especially if you entered with friends as well. What happens is they call you like a day or two before if you win, and you get sent an e-mail saying so. You print the e-mail and bring it with you to the NBC studios and they give you your wristband(s) there. All the details will be on the e-mail if you win.

Oh and you have to be at least 17, which I'm assuming you are.

TonyD
10-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Meh, I guess I'm in the minority here then. :eyes:

I mean, every other scene was basically a variation on someone getting hit in the balls. The funniest scene- which didn't even produce a belly laugh from me- was Hornet's Nest Tetherball.

You've gotta be in the mood to see it too.
You know exactly what you're gonna get out of Jackass, and it never really disappoints.

DethMaiden
10-23-2010, 04:18 PM
God I'm fucking sick of dorm food. Tonight was the third time this week that I walked around the food court, got in a couple of lines, and left them because everything is shitty for you or shitty tasting or both, and the few things I like to eat I've completely burned out on. Grabbing Chipotle on the way to the Jucifer show, fuck it.

ChildrenofSodom
10-23-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm a volunteer coordinator for a local congressional campaign, so alot of 40-60 year olds try to add me on facebook. Then they post stupid comments on my page. I said I was going to the movie to get my pants scared off. Some lady, who I've never met, btw, commented "Pants on the ground? Eek!"

Not only was that phrase stupid, its 6-8 months old and culturally irrelevant already. Goddamn it, old people and facebook!

treghet
10-23-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm a volunteer coordinator for a local congressional campaign, so alot of 40-60 year olds try to add me on facebook. Then they post stupid comments on my page. I said I was going to the movie to get my pants scared off. Some lady, who I've never met, btw, commented "Pants on the ground? Eek!"

Not only was that phrase stupid, its 6-8 months old and culturally irrelevant already. Goddamn it, old people and facebook!

I'm so glad my grandma doesn't use Facebook.

larvtard
10-23-2010, 07:50 PM
You've gotta be in the mood to see it too.
You know exactly what you're gonna get out of Jackass, and it never really disappoints.

True. I kinda think I forced myself not to laugh for whatever reason.

SomewhereInTime72
10-23-2010, 08:56 PM
God I'm fucking sick of dorm food. Tonight was the third time this week that I walked around the food court, got in a couple of lines, and left them because everything is shitty for you or shitty tasting or both, and the few things I like to eat I've completely burned out on. Grabbing Chipotle on the way to the Jucifer show, fuck it.

Ugh, I know this feeling so well.

ChildrenofSodom
10-25-2010, 09:35 AM
So, this guy in my hall likes "metal", and he keeps trying to get me to like Nine Inch Nails.

JRA
10-25-2010, 10:50 AM
ask him to go look up the pain series

ChildrenofSodom
10-25-2010, 01:41 PM
ask him to go look up the pain series

I suggested he listen to Obscura, because he likes Nile and The Faceless, and then after he told me he had never listened to Opeth, he said I would like NIN.

And anyone who doesn't like to metal would have no idea what that previous sentence means.

bt11763
10-25-2010, 02:03 PM

so did i! if we both win that would be awesome :lol:

makethemsuffer12
10-25-2010, 02:05 PM

Too bad you guys didn't do it for Slayer ;)

BloodoftheKings
10-25-2010, 02:11 PM

I just realized it's on a weeknight so im not going :mad:. No one would go with me to the city to see a band play one song anyway.

mankvill
10-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Wearing my Nokturnal Mortum shirt in a town full of hippies. :cool:

bt11763
10-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Too bad you guys didn't do it for Slayer ;)

:lol: i didn't even know about it!

I just realized it's on a weeknight so im not going :mad:. No one would go with me to the city to see a band play one song anyway.

hey, uh. if you uh, win, and i uh, don't

ya know :D

they play a couple songs though, but they only broadcast one on tv

Crionics
10-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Gahh I have a C+ in AP. Only two grades left: a quiz and an essay...I don't think i'll be able to bring it up to a B :bouville:

Wizzbang11
10-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Gahh I have a C+ in AP. Only two grades left: a quiz and an essay...I don't think i'll be able to bring it up to a B :bouville:

Well transcriptually(word?) it's a B, right? And it's not impossible to bring a C+ to a B- with an essay and a quiz, assuming you don't have a fuck ton of a grades in there. :)

makethemsuffer12
10-25-2010, 03:45 PM
:lol: i didn't even know about it!

hey, uh. if you uh, win, and i uh, don't

ya know :D

they play a couple songs though, but they only broadcast one on tv

Well actually I think the bands usually play one song, at least that was the case when my friends saw Megadeth on the show last year. But if a band does a second song then it's for the website.

Oh, and in order to actually get in, you need the e-mail with your name on it and ID, so it's not like you can give your e-mail to someone and not go.

DethMaiden
10-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Fuuuuuuck just took a nap somehow by mistake. So tired this semester. Gonna do a little more reading and go right back to sleep, fuck it. I need to catch up.

ChildrenofSodom
10-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Fuuuuuuck just took a nap somehow by mistake. So tired this semester. Gonna do a little more reading and go right back to sleep, fuck it. I need to catch up.

I'm so goddamn tired. All the time.

ChildrenofSodom
10-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Friday night I'm going to the Mansfield Reformatory, which is where the Shawshank Redemption was filmed. Its a HUGE prison/museum, and they offer "haunted house" tours during the Halloween season. I've wanted to go on "ghost hunts" there since I was in junior high. Its going to be so awesome.

http://www.mrps.org/upload/images/photo_album/grddoor2.jpg

JRA
10-25-2010, 07:04 PM

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

mankvill
10-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Friday night I'm going to the Mansfield Reformatory, which is where the Shawshank Redemption was filmed. Its a HUGE prison/museum, and they offer "haunted house" tours during the Halloween season. I've wanted to go on "ghost hunts" there since I was in junior high. Its going to be so awesome.

Ghost Adventures did an episode there!

ChildrenofSodom
10-26-2010, 04:28 AM
Ghost Adventures did an episode there!

So did Ghost Hunters and a ton of other shows. I'm pumped!

evildeadjedi
10-26-2010, 10:11 AM

That place is wicked, you might want to bring a change of underwear just in case. Are you going to be there before the sun sets? If so take some pictures, the outside of the building is beautiful! Old German Cathedral/Castle look.

http://www.freewebs.com/secondsight0/amy%27s%20261.jpg

RAZOR
10-26-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm deciding to stop lurking around and actually start posting, hah.

ravenheart
10-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Undertaking the task of organising my CDs as they've spent the last six months or so in a completely random order in crates. I don't have room for all of them, so it's going to have to be the go-to 1,500 or so in racks, and the rest in crates... Currently it is not a pretty sight. They are stacked on the floor, one stack per letter except for S (3 stacks), T (2) and M (2).

That's not including EPs, singles, live albums or "collection" albums (i.e. ones I absolutely don't need because the songs are all elsewhere or it's a compilation/soundtrack I only wanted a couple of songs from but they're all "part of the collection").

mankvill
10-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Undertaking the task of organising my CDs as they've spent the last six months or so in a completely random order in crates. I don't have room for all of them, so it's going to have to be the go-to 1,500 or so in racks, and the rest in crates... Currently it is not a pretty sight. They are stacked on the floor, one stack per letter except for S (3 stacks), T (2) and M (2).

That's not including EPs, singles, live albums or "collection" albums (i.e. ones I absolutely don't need because the songs are all elsewhere or it's a compilation/soundtrack I only wanted a couple of songs from but they're all "part of the collection").

What an awesome problem to have.

mankvill
10-26-2010, 06:25 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/10/26/readers-choice-metal-from-the-kansas-city-area-edition
http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/10/26/readers-choice-metal-from-the-kansas-city-area-edition

ravenheart
10-27-2010, 04:26 AM

If only Axel Whateverhisnameis was a decent writer, huh?

larvtard
10-27-2010, 07:33 AM

Yeah, I saw that. When the title first popped up, I thought, "wow, this would be so ironic if if wasn't mankvill who submited this." :lol: But I knew it was you

Div
10-27-2010, 08:29 AM
That place is wicked, you might want to bring a change of underwear just in case. Are you going to be there before the sun sets? If so take some pictures, the outside of the building is beautiful! Old German Cathedral/Castle look.

http://www.freewebs.com/secondsight0/amy%27s%20261.jpg

had a dream i was in the middle of the woods trying to take a picture of this building with my droid while mutants were after me. if i could take a decent picture then i would somehow be safe from them eating me or whatever... weird shit. :eyes:

mankvill
10-27-2010, 05:29 PM
If only Axel Whateverhisnameis was a decent writer, huh?

I know, dude. He's my least favorite writer on that site.

ChildrenofSodom
10-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Four Loko was invented by three OSU grads. You're welcome, world.

larvtard
10-27-2010, 08:32 PM

He overly flaunts the fact he's a Jew

treghet
10-27-2010, 08:38 PM

It's hard for me to pick a least favorite because almost all the writers there suck equally. I really liked Paul Masvidal's posts there, but that's about it. The only reason I go to the site is for news.

mankvill
10-27-2010, 08:41 PM

LOKO FO SUM LOKOOOOO

mankvill
10-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Mike Huckabee endorses Torche.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Y8OB3L1gM

rjturtle9
10-28-2010, 12:28 AM

Four Loko, number one cause of date rape and underage drinking among underage girls these days :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
10-28-2010, 05:46 AM
http://www.economist.com/node/17358190?fsrc=scn/fb/wl/ar/riseoccasions

A new study just came out that tracked trends on google searches for pornography shortly before and after an election (2004, 2006, 2008, and presumably 2010) and compared results acrossed states. In the states that voted for the 'winner', searchs for porn were a few percentage points higher (still statiscally significant) than in 'loser' states. It didn't matter the party or the state.

People who win at things like to jerk it.

bt11763
10-28-2010, 02:19 PM

oh hai

JRA
10-28-2010, 02:44 PM

I politely request that you add RAMON to your name and type as if you have a atrocious Cuban accent. :D

larvtard
10-28-2010, 04:26 PM
thinking of doing corpsepaint for halloween.

too cliche?

DethMaiden
10-28-2010, 04:38 PM
thinking of doing corpsepaint for halloween.

too cliche?

Hey man, I alternated between King Diamond and Abbath for the last six years until my most recent costume, which you can see in the Post Pictures of Yourself thread. No shame in the corpsepaint.

larvtard
10-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Hey man, I alternated between King Diamond and Abbath for the last six years until my most recent costume, which you can see in the Post Pictures of Yourself thread. No shame in the corpsepaint.

sweet man...got any tips? should I use black lipstick or something?

DethMaiden
10-28-2010, 04:55 PM
sweet man...got any tips? should I use black lipstick or something?

Nooooo. :lol: Just go to a Halloween store and pick up some paints that are supposed to make vampires, and make yourself into a black metaller instead.

larvtard
10-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Nooooo. :lol: Just go to a Halloween store and pick up some paints that are supposed to make vampires, and make yourself into a black metaller instead.

haha alright, so just regular face paint then. Now I just need to pick a black metaller to imitate...

Crionics
10-28-2010, 05:06 PM
haha alright, so just regular face paint then. Now I just need to pick a black metaller to imitate...

Walk around with a sharp knife and be Dead.

Wizzbang11
10-28-2010, 05:10 PM

If you don't have a detail stick (idk what the actual name is) don't attempt anything to complicated, if you aren't really good winging it with fingers usually ends badly.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v975/43/21/1419222609/n1419222609_139243_3506.jpg
That took like 20 minutes to do, and even then theres a lot of little details that I fucked up on. Last year I did Demonos Sova and it was ok but I got the angles a little wrong on the Barathrum sigil thing on my forehead and it bugged me the whole day, so depending on how neurotic you are about getting it right give yourself a good amount of time.
On the other end of the spectrum this took me about 20 seconds, but clearly it's not that "corpsepaint-y"
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/152/l_e368879d44ea47889fd43a65f2cadb29.jpg

JuuKun
10-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Walk around with a sharp knife and be Dead.

Me and a friend were originally looking to see if we knew anyone who wanted a band for a party, and we were going to go as Dead & Euronymous, get these kids we know that play bass and drums, and do the Live in Leipzig set.

Unsurprisingly, there is a fairly low interest in a Mayhem cover band for parties...

larvtard
10-28-2010, 05:18 PM
If you don't have a detail stick (idk what the actual name is) don't attempt anything to complicated, if you aren't really good winging it with fingers usually ends badly.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v975/43/21/1419222609/n1419222609_139243_3506.jpg
That took like 20 minutes to do, and even then theres a lot of little details that I fucked up on. Last year I did Demonos Sova and it was ok but I got the angles a little wrong on the Barathrum sigil thing on my forehead and it bugged me the whole day, so depending on how neurotic you are about getting it right give yourself a good amount of time.
On the other end of the spectrum this took me about 20 seconds, but clearly it's not that "corpsepaint-y"
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/152/l_e368879d44ea47889fd43a65f2cadb29.jpg

damn thanks for the tips dude. That first one is great.
So I'm taking it that applying corpsepaint is pretty hard? I'm not really that coordinated :lol: so maybe I should stick with a simple design.

I have been looking around though. From what I could find, I like Kvitrafn, Frost, and King Ov hell. Nattefrost and Gaahl aren't bad either.

Wizzbang11
10-28-2010, 05:22 PM
damn thanks for the tips dude. That first one is great.
So I'm taking it that applying corpsepaint is pretty hard? I'm not really that coordinated :lol: so maybe I should stick with a simple design.

Yeah, it's tricky. Just stand by a mirror and have a wet rag on hand in case you majorly ruin it.I lucked out and had a block scheduled art class that day so I just did it there where they had little tools on hand, but it's from a few years ago. If you want to do crosses and thin lines you definitely need the stick, I think a lot of makeup kits come with it though, its like a crayon type thing, and you can cut it with an xacto knife to get it more fine if needed.

larvtard
10-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Yeah, it's tricky. Just stand by a mirror and have a wet rag on hand in case you majorly ruin it.I lucked out and had a block scheduled art class that day so I just did it there where they had little tools on hand, but it's from a few years ago. If you want to do crosses and thin lines you definitely need the stick, I think a lot of makeup kits come with it though, its like a crayon type thing, and you can cut it with an xacto knife to get it more fine if needed.

cool. thanks man :)

DethMaiden
10-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Alternatively, you can go totally fucking heathen and smear it on with your fingers, then sweat a bunch and watch it all blend to gray:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs059.snc3/14654_1295575869921_1246070433_30890344_3799456_n. jpg

mankvill
10-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Alternatively, you can go totally fucking heathen and smear it on with your fingers, then sweat a bunch and watch it all blend to gray:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs059.snc3/14654_1295575869921_1246070433_30890344_3799456_n. jpg

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN BRAD

larvtard
10-28-2010, 05:41 PM

still a wicked design though :cool:

Maiden33
10-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Think I finally may have picked my first tattoo. There are less than 5 bands I'd EVER entertain the thought of getting something pertaining to permanently put on my skin, and I am generally against band logos. It just seems kinda uncreative and obvious.

But I recently realized the Evergrey "Evergrey Clan Logo" is pretty much perfect, and Evergrey are without a doubt one of my favorite bands (have been for about 6 years now), and one of the very very few whom I feel personally connected enough with their music in order to do this.

My current avatar is generally the concept, but here's a better version:
(obviously without the signatures marker-ed over it, and I'd get the white text in black ink)
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk50/leonozug/0409081146.jpg

ravenheart
10-28-2010, 05:48 PM
"Evergrey Clan Logo"

Without the circle of writing round the edge, surely?

ravenheart
10-28-2010, 05:48 PM

Or, a much better idea, you could just not.

Maiden33
10-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Without the circle of writing round the edge, surely?

Not sure. On one hand, it seems logical to not get it, but I really like the circular nature of the design, and without that text, that goes away. Kinda 50/50 on that.

ravenheart
10-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Not sure. On one hand, it seems logical to not get it, but I really like the circular nature of the design, and without that text, that goes away. Kinda 50/50 on that.

Personally, I'd have said having the words [Insert anything here] Clan on a tattoo in any arrangement is lame.

Why not design a circle of some kind yourself to go around the logo.

mankvill
10-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Personally, I'd have said having the words [Insert anything here] Clan on a tattoo in any arrangement is lame.

Why not design a circle of some kind yourself to go around the logo.

True facts: My roommate has a tattoo inspired by the Aryan Brotherhood. When we were in the dorms, late at night we were watching a documentary on the AB in prison and they described their tattoos as having a 3 leaf clover and some sort of band, and my roomie designed his tattoo along those guidelines. He pretty much took an AB tattoo and removed the 666 and swastika's.

TonyD
10-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Roommates are playing beer pong, talking about Attack Attack, Dance Gavin Dance, BFMV and AILD :rolleyes:

SomewhereInTime72
10-29-2010, 12:21 AM
Have Physics class in 4 hours, and still not tired. Debating whether to just stay up and feel miserable tomorrow or to try to force myself to sleep at the risk of missing all my alarms and tomorrow's classes. :bouville:

Roommates are playing beer pong, talking about Attack Attack, Dance Gavin Dance, BFMV and AILD :rolleyes:

Also, this sucks and I've totally had this happen. Sometimes I wish people wouldn't like the music they like near me. ;)

TonyD
10-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Fuck 4 hours is the worst window for sleep... anything under 5 is a nap.

SomewhereInTime72
10-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Yeah... napping for <2 hours or so is doable for me. But between 2-5 is like fucking impossible. :bouville:

ravenheart
10-29-2010, 02:31 AM
I think it's because we work on 4-hour cycles. So four hours is meant to be fine, 8 is fine, anything in between is pointless.

Div
10-29-2010, 01:05 PM
for halloween i shall be.... me, two years ago. never thought id be wearing my metal vest and biker boots for part of a costume, haha.

JRA
10-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Is facebook chat down for anybody else besides me?

ChildrenofSodom
10-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Is facebook chat down for anybody else besides me?

What's facebook chat?

TonyD
10-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Came on here half expecting Fonz to post an IRON MAIDEN TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT THIS TUESDAY AT 6 PM GMT

And if I come back later to find that thread, I will hunt down and kill you Fonz.

Crionics
10-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Came on here half expecting Fonz to post an IRON MAIDEN TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT THIS TUESDAY AT 6 PM GMT

And if I come back later to find that thread, I will hunt down and kill you Fonz.

Meh this quarter of school has been the worst quarter I've ever had. I'm still unsure of what my AP History grade will be, but I just got bitten by a C+ in English H..I've never gotten below a B in English before, although it is my weakest subject. I guess I'll have to work extra hard next quarter so that I can pull up my semester grade.

Sepultura69
10-30-2010, 05:57 AM
Just woke up, its almost 6 in the morning. About to roll up a fat Blunt with some of the Stinkiest STANK in California.

ChildrenofSodom
10-30-2010, 06:36 AM
Just woke up, its almost 6 in the morning. About to roll up a fat Blunt with some of the Stinkiest STANK in California.

Not til Prop 19 passes, mister. :nonono:

es156
10-30-2010, 08:41 AM

A Maiden tour announcement is worthy of a thread any day of the week.

makethemsuffer12
10-30-2010, 09:40 AM

Must you bold everything?

makethemsuffer12
10-30-2010, 09:47 PM
So I just came home from a rave party. It was interesting being pretty much the only sober person at a party where people were falling over and making out with each other.

Div
10-31-2010, 02:48 AM

Just got in, its almost 6 in the morning. About to pack a fat bowl with some of that sticky icky icky shipped from California.

Sepultura69
10-31-2010, 09:19 AM
Just got in, its almost 6 in the morning. About to pack a fat bowl with some of that sticky icky icky shipped from California.
now thats what im talkin about brotha, :metal:

DethMaiden
10-31-2010, 11:34 AM
http://open.salon.com/blog/scanner/2010/10/28/pumpkin_masterpieces

Holy shit. :eek:

Sepultura69
10-31-2010, 11:41 AM

WOW.....Pumpkin artist anyone?....those are pretty damn epic man.
:eek:

treghet
10-31-2010, 05:37 PM

Damn those are insane.

NecroRob
10-31-2010, 05:46 PM

That doesn't even seem humanly possible.

larvtard
11-01-2010, 03:34 PM
So I ended up not going out last night for Halloween because I had to finish my college essay (I am an epic fucking procrastinator) but I still put on the corpsepaint. I'll upload pictures here soon.

ChildrenofSodom
11-01-2010, 04:11 PM
The grade on my econometrics exam (94) was outside the upper standard deviation (17.64) of the mean (71) and the class is on a curve. I'm gettin' that A, mother fuckers.

Div
11-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Going to do no-shave november again this year, 3 days in and got a pretty nice beard going :cool:

Div
11-03-2010, 09:45 AM
I got an email for a free iPhone today, sounds pretty legit-

"Rolls-Royce once owned by the working group, the nobles must be abandoned, for the Iphone, it is also the same token, those who seek fashion Apple fans who will never be recognized as their sister with the feet, get Iphone with the same phone."

Derelict
11-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Going to do no-shave november again this year, 3 days in and got a pretty nice beard going :cool:

Rookie - havent trimmed my beard since august

DethMaiden
11-03-2010, 10:05 AM
I shaved last night, thus assuring that I won't be Novembearding this year.

Derelict
11-03-2010, 10:12 AM
A good beard isnt just one month a year, its a way of life

Div
11-03-2010, 10:16 AM
A good beard isnt just one month a year, its a way of life

i agree with that, but my beard is patchy on the sides so i cant pull off an awesome lumberjack look. btw is it considered cheating if i shave my neck? that shits mad annoying.

Derelict
11-03-2010, 10:31 AM
i agree with that, but my beard is patchy on the sides so i cant pull off an awesome lumberjack look. btw is it considered cheating if i shave my neck? that shits mad annoying.

Solid point. I don't think its cheating shaving your neck. Here's my current beard (from halloween)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1158.snc4/150006_493909066067_703246067_7453726_5727579_n.jp g

bt11763
11-03-2010, 10:53 AM
No Shave November
Dirty December
Just Don't Shave January
Friggin' Awesome Beard February
March Mustache Madness
All Over April
Manly May

The list goes on.

And yes shaving neck beard is cheating, you bastards.

es156
11-03-2010, 11:07 AM
@Derelict:

Is that toilet paper?

Derelict
11-03-2010, 11:10 AM
@Derelict:

Is that toilet paper?

Yeah....we saw my friend's band play (unkle matt and the shitbirdz), and their singer had a device that he was shooting toilet paper out into the crowd with. That, combined with my drunkeness, led to me wearing some of it on my viking hat.

es156
11-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Yeah....we saw my friend's band play (unkle matt and the shitbirdz), and their singer had a device that he was shooting toilet paper out into the crowd with. That, combined with my drunkeness, led to me wearing some of it on my viking hat.

Just checking.

TonyD
11-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Was that the CKY show?

Derelict
11-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Was that the CKY show?

Was the afterparty for the CKY 10/30 show. My friend is the guitarist for the band (Jess Margera is his drummer).

mankvill
11-05-2010, 04:51 PM
SHIT SON! New Helstar out today!

ravenheart
11-05-2010, 05:30 PM
SHIT SON! New Helstar out today!

It's good too :)

DethMaiden
11-06-2010, 12:27 AM
It's 3:30 a.m., and I'm kind of scared to go to bed, because I honestly have no idea when I'll wake up, and I'm scared it'll be like 3 p.m., effectively destroying any hope of accomplishing shit tomorrow.

Maiden33
11-06-2010, 07:58 AM
It's 3:30 a.m., and I'm kind of scared to go to bed, because I honestly have no idea when I'll wake up, and I'm scared it'll be like 3 p.m., effectively destroying any hope of accomplishing shit tomorrow.

Sorry for talking to you until 3. :(

makethemsuffer12
11-06-2010, 08:19 AM
I'm going into NYC to hang out with my friend. It just so happens that Gus G. is doing a signing at the Sam Ash on 48th Street, so that'll be cool.

Maiden33
11-06-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm going into NYC to hang out with my friend. It just so happens that Gus G. is doing a signing at the Sam Ash on 48th Street, so that'll be cool.

I wish I were going to that, but I'm actually going to the Firewind show tonight which is like 25 blocks downtown, so it's not gonna happen.

elturtleboy
11-06-2010, 11:46 AM
ugh i fuckin made a facebook

JRA
11-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Daylight Savings time is tonight guys.

ChildrenofSodom
11-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Daylight Savings time is tonight guys.

Fuck yeah! Another hour to procrastinate on homework!

mastodon421
11-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Catching up on threads I missed during my one week absence.

bt11763
11-06-2010, 09:01 PM

oh hai

Wizzbang11
11-06-2010, 09:02 PM

link

larvtard
11-06-2010, 10:55 PM

ZOMG ADD ME BRO

treghet
11-07-2010, 01:59 AM
Watching the clock on my computer to see it go backwards.

edit: That was so cool.

makethemsuffer12
11-07-2010, 06:13 AM
I wish I were going to that, but I'm actually going to the Firewind show tonight which is like 25 blocks downtown, so it's not gonna happen.

Ah you should've gone! It was kinda sad though because there were literally like 5 people there. :lol: He was pretty cool, though when I told him that he blew Zakk out of the water he just had this blank look on his face. I hope he didn't think that I meant that Zakk was better than him haha.

xStructualDefect
11-07-2010, 11:21 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs889.snc4/72284_169403296412200_100000275922591_511473_27861 96_n.jpg

i hosted a party on friday at my house along with some friends in honor of my friend graduating army boot camp and getting shipped out today to colorado. with the money we collected this is what we came up with.

rjturtle9
11-07-2010, 01:43 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs889.snc4/72284_169403296412200_100000275922591_511473_27861 96_n.jpg

i hosted a party on friday at my house along with some friends in honor of my friend graduating army boot camp and getting shipped out today to colorado. with the money we collected this is what we came up with.

So I take it you all got drunk as shit.

xStructualDefect
11-07-2010, 03:42 PM
So I take it you all got drunk as shit.

:lol: not that hammered it's my house so i gotta stay sober enough to keep things under control. those drinks were pretty much for everyone that came. probably around 40ish people but my house is not that big so it was packed.

Div
11-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Is that Pepe Lopez, lol? Think I have an empty bottle of that above my kitchen cabinets, not too bad for a cheap ass tequila if I remember right. Hard to fuck tequila up, but steer clear of cheap whisky, Heaven Hill had me puking up my dinner and makes me sick if I even get a wiff of it.

daimonos
11-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Is that Pepe Lopez, lol? Think I have an empty bottle of that above my kitchen cabinets, not too bad for a cheap ass tequila if I remember right. Hard to fuck tequila up, but steer clear of cheap whisky, Heaven Hill had me puking up my dinner and makes me sick if I even get a wiff of it.

I've bought the big ass bottles of Heaven Hill. That shit'll fuck you up nice. Never had any real problems with it, though.

Anyways, I'm making a CD of trippy doom songs to chill out to.

TonyD
11-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Vodka in a plastic bottle ist krieg

xStructualDefect
11-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Vodka in a plastic bottle ist krieg

they're $12 for a grip of quantity. make a mix drink with punch and it's not bad. however i wouldn't take shots of that.

mankvill
11-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I GET TO SEE THE CASUALTIES TONIGHT! FUCK YES!#$!@#

oh and gwar :tp:

TonyD
11-08-2010, 03:37 PM
I saw Brad is now over 25k posts, and checked the list. That's the most by 2k, and almost 10k more than the next.

DethMaiden
11-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Okay, so I'm on here a lot. And I post. A lot. :eyes:

I think that's a somewhat inflated figure since I don't use any other message boards anywhere else on the Web, and have probably accumulated a lifetime 100 posts elsewhere around the net. All things considered, I'm SURE I'm not in first on this board in terms of total message board posts.

powerslave_85
11-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Ha, and I turned over to 9,000. And Brad, even with the other two boards I post on, I don't come close to 25,000 :lol: I probably have 3,000 on one (which is a lot, since it just started last year) and about 4,000 on the other. Not sure how many I had on the IMBB before I left.

TonyD
11-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Okay, so I'm on here a lot. And I post. A lot. :eyes:

I think that's a somewhat inflated figure since I don't use any other message boards anywhere else on the Web, and have probably accumulated a lifetime 100 posts elsewhere around the net. All things considered, I'm SURE I'm not in first on this board in terms of total message board posts.

Ahem (http://www.metalsetlists.com/memberlist.php?order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30)

Crionics
11-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Ahem (http://www.metalsetlists.com/memberlist.php?order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30)

Yay I made the 2nd page! :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
11-08-2010, 07:15 PM
#5 baby!

IrritatedTrout
11-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Yay I made the 2nd page! :eyes:

Me too.:lol:

rjturtle9
11-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Haha barely made the first page. And damn Mankvill has posted a lot since he started here.

Oh, and anyone else glad that ED is finally posting on here again :party:

xStructualDefect
11-09-2010, 05:21 PM
i need something new and fresh to listen to. bands (metal bands primarily) don't really click for me like they used to so it's hard to find new bands to listen to. anyone know of anything fresh? just fyi the average death and black metal bands don't really do anything for me.

BloodoftheKings
11-09-2010, 05:25 PM
i need something new and fresh to listen to. bands (metal bands primarily) don't really click for me like they used to so it's hard to find new bands to listen to. anyone know of anything fresh? just fyi the average death and black metal bands don't really do anything for me.

Did you ever listen to Faith No More?

xStructualDefect
11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
i've only heard "Epic." wanna recommend me something by them?

JRA
11-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Oh, and anyone else glad that ED is finally posting on here again :party:

Yes. Bout damn time.

makethemsuffer12
11-09-2010, 05:47 PM

Do listen to Devin Townsend/Strapping Young Lad? If not I would highly recommend you check his stuff out.

xStructualDefect
11-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Do listen to Devin Townsend/Strapping Young Lad? If not I would highly recommend you check his stuff out.

i remember hearing SYL before and enjoying it awhile back but never looked more into it. i'll check it out now thanks. know of anything else that sounds fresh?

makethemsuffer12
11-09-2010, 06:07 PM
i remember hearing SYL before and enjoying it awhile back but never looked more into it. i'll check it out now thanks. know of anything else that sounds fresh?

Well as I previously mentioned, Devin Townsend's solo work is also pretty sweet. His latest album (under the Devin Townsend Project moniker), Addicted, is absolutely incredible if you ask me. It's like epic, pop, prog metal. For SYL a good place to start would probably be The New Black, their last album before splitting up.

xStructualDefect
11-09-2010, 06:20 PM
i've listened to a few Strapping Young Lad songs already and i'm reaally digging this stuff. of course i've heard of the band many times but never really looked into them. thanks for the recommendation. sounds like a fresh band that i haven't heard before.

BloodoftheKings
11-09-2010, 06:37 PM
i've only heard "Epic." wanna recommend me something by them?

Check out the albums "The Real Thing"(thats the one with epic), "Angel Dust", and "King For A Day...Fool For A Lifetime"(probably my favorite).

TonyD
11-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Most times fresh was used in a single page not discussing Will Smith ^

daimonos
11-09-2010, 06:47 PM
i've listened to a few Strapping Young Lad songs already and i'm reaally digging this stuff. of course i've heard of the band many times but never really looked into them. thanks for the recommendation. sounds like a fresh band that i haven't heard before.

Check out Alien and City too. Alien is a complete mammoth of a masterpiece, and City will just kick you in the nuts throughout its duration.

evildeadjedi
11-09-2010, 08:40 PM

The Protomen
Clutch
The Lord Weird Slough Feg
The Melvins
At The Drive In
Bad Religion
Fugazi
Dead Kennedys
Billy Bragg and Wilco
DJ Z-Trip
Harvey Milk
Year Long Disaster
Black Water Rising
Fu Manchu
Refused
Failure
Church of Misery
Solitude Aeturnus
Valkyrie

treghet
11-09-2010, 09:04 PM

Kvelertak put out their first album this year and they're pretty damn good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-F8yZsL2vc

makethemsuffer12
11-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Most times fresh was used in a single page not discussing Will Smith ^

Sepultura69
11-10-2010, 12:44 PM
I am about to go out and pick up my daily medication at the local Medical Marijuana Clinics to re-up on my medical marijuana that I medically use for medical medicinal reasons for my medical needs for medication that I medicly use to Medicate on a daily basis. I figured since this is the "What are you doing thread" and theres a billion pages worth of useless posts from people and what they are currently doing. I felt like i should jump on the bandwagon as well and post what I am currently doing....anyways....GOOD DAY TO YOU ALL..

*I think this is the part where someone flames me and says I remind them of someone named hecho or that I am the new indestructible or some shit like that....anyways I'm getting use to it.....feeling right at home:cool:

Natrlhi
11-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Kvelertak put out their first album this year and they're pretty damn good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-F8yZsL2vc

:agree: :fist: To quote the vary first lyric on the album:

KVELERTAK!!!

New? Check.
Fresh? Check.
Awesome? Check.

DethMaiden
11-10-2010, 10:32 PM
It's November 11th, and I can't sleep because, despite my fan being on full blast and my window being open, it's about a million fucking degrees in here. Either that or I'm running a fever.

JuuKun
11-10-2010, 11:27 PM

A handful of fairly unique-sounding bands, and their best albums:

Diablo Swing Orchestra - The Butcher's Ballroom (They call themselves "riot opera")
Freak Kitchen - Freak Kitchen (Described by the band as "A corny little heavy-pop-rock-latin-world-jazz-avant-garde-metal-blues-record straight from hell!")
Leprous - Tall Poppy Syndrome (A combination of prog rock, jazz, metal, and other shit. This album is godly)
Pain - Cynic Paradise (Electronic/Techno Metal)

daimonos
11-11-2010, 12:59 PM
trying to figure out which albums to be signed in case I run into Enslaved tomorrow night.

I'm thinking Axioma Ethica Odini, Vertebrae, Isa, Hordanes Land, and Frost or Below the Lights

ChildrenofSodom
11-11-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm more than glad to thank our troops for their service today, but I still think the Post Office should deliver our mail and the dining halls on campus should stay open. This is ridiculous. No class though, so I guess you take the good with the bad.

:usa:

DethMaiden
11-11-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm more than glad to thank our troops for their service today, but I still think the Post Office should deliver our mail and the dining halls on campus should stay open. This is ridiculous. No class though, so I guess you take the good with the bad.

:usa:

None of these things are true in Indiana. We hate America.