PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part III

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

DethMaiden
07-06-2010, 01:10 PM
.........I'll fly to Spain to hang with you for a few days. :eyes:

$2000 roundtrip, be my guest. :tongue:

powerslave_85
07-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Crazy college kids do this stuff all the time, right? :lol:I don't think I ever left the state while I was in college :lol: Too damn poor.

DethMaiden
07-06-2010, 01:24 PM
I don't think I ever left the state while I was in college :lol: Too damn poor.

I'm pretty broke, but when I have roadtripped during school it's either been with a big group taking one or two little cars and staying in one hotel room so the per-person cost is low or through a school-sponsored trip. And for the London-with-a-Spain-excursion, I'll already be in London with my journalism program, so I'll just have to pay whatever it takes to get to Spain pretty much.

And yeah, my program shipping me all over the country and even outside of the country is pretty badass. I know you wish you went to IU now. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
07-06-2010, 01:25 PM
$2000 roundtrip, be my guest. :tongue:

FFFFFUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK that.

I'll just go to Mexico and we can talk on the phone. It will be the same experience, I bet.

InbeforeOscar....oh wait.....:(:bawling:

idrinkwine732
07-06-2010, 02:13 PM
2. Such a Hemingway thing to do, I know. :allan: I can't keep reading his stuff and living it vicariously though. I've got to try to experience life like he would have, if only for a little while.

Just don't go out the way he did...

DethMaiden
07-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Just don't go out the way he did...

We'll see how I feel when I hit 61. ;)

xStructualDefect
07-06-2010, 05:01 PM
just found out Korn is doing a meet and greet at Mayhem Fest if you purhcase the new album there. this made my day because Korn is the band i grew up since 2000 and who i still love to this day. like all die hard Korn fans their music has done a lot for my life and i wouldn't be where i'm at if it wasn't for them.

TonyD
07-06-2010, 05:39 PM
just found out Korn is doing a meet and greet at Mayhem Fest if you purhcase the new album there. this made my day because Korn is the band i grew up since 2000 and who i still love to this day. like all die hard Korn fans their music has done a lot for my life and i wouldn't be where i'm at if it wasn't for them.

Cool story bro

rjturtle9
07-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Cool story bro

:lol: damn that was good.

xStructualDefect
07-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Cool story bro

:lol: just imagine if the Maiden fans on this board met Maiden and how they'd feel about that. that's how i'd feel if i met Korn.

makethemsuffer12
07-06-2010, 09:09 PM

You poor, poor child.

Maiden33
07-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Anyway, trying to think of great, romantic, and relatively inexpensive date ideas... anyone have any suggestions?

JRA
07-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Anyway, trying to think of great, romantic, and relatively inexpensive date ideas... anyone have any suggestions?

boats.

IrritatedTrout
07-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Hiking.

Maiden33
07-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Hiking.

I am fat, and it has been above 90 degrees for the past couple of days. I sense a bad decision here. :D

ChildrenofSodom
07-06-2010, 09:45 PM

Fucking.

powerslave_85
07-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Get beligerently drunk and make her watch you play video games for two hours.

Maiden33
07-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Fucking.

Thank you, you're so considerate. :D

makethemsuffer12
07-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Get beligerently drunk and make her watch you play video games for two hours.

This.
And don't forget to ask for a quickie afterwards.

powerslave_85
07-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Seriously though: nix that "romantic" shit. Candlelit dinners are for married couples on their anniversary (and guys that are trying too hard). Take her somewhere to eat that isn't fast food or Applebee's. Go to a film festival or a street fair. Go bowling. Sit at a coffeshop and make fun of people that walk by. It doesn't matter, just do something fun where you can just hang out and enjoy each other's company.

Maiden33
07-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Seriously though: nix that "romantic" shit. Candlelit dinners are for married couples on their anniversary (and guys that are trying too hard). Take her somewhere to eat that isn't fast food or Applebee's. Go to a film festival or a street fair. Go bowling. Sit at a coffeshop and make fun of people that walk by. It doesn't matter, just do something fun where you can just hang out and enjoy each other's company.

1) Not what I meant by romantic. :lol: I have a somewhat different view of what romantic is, and thankfully she seems to too, so I kinda want to take advantage of that. I want to do something every-day-sy that works great for bringing people closer to eachother.

2)The street fair thing has been noted, and I will take that into consideration.

3) People actually go on dates to fast food restaurants? :eyes: :lol:

powerslave_85
07-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Well, sounds like you're on the right track then. Hit that shit, yo :cool:

TonyD
07-06-2010, 11:51 PM
I don't wanna hear about girls in this thread unless it's relevant to the title.

makethemsuffer12
07-06-2010, 11:58 PM
I don't wanna hear about girls in this thread unless it's relevant to the title.

Well then I don't believe there is gonna be any more talk about girls in this thread under those circumstances :lol:

Fires Of Sedition
07-07-2010, 12:27 AM

MMA

Div
07-07-2010, 05:57 AM

dancing at a night club

xStructualDefect
07-07-2010, 07:08 AM
my schedule for fall. sounds like it's gonna be a good semester.

Intro to Psychology
Intro to Philosophy
Anthropology: Relegion, Witchcraft, and Magic
History of Rock

daimonos
07-07-2010, 08:43 AM

Intro to Psychology
Intro to Philosophy
History of Rock

What...

the....

FUCK!!!

That's awesome.

The religion, witchcraft, magic thing sounds interesting too.

Div
07-07-2010, 08:48 AM
so in an effort to help stay on track with eating healthy ive been keeping a journal of everything i eat daily, but all it does is just make me feel depressed the next day.

"7-3-10

-omlette
-grilled chicken salad
-nectarine
-pink champagne
-cookies, chips, cakes"

"7-4-10

-margarita chicken @ applebees
-2 cheeseburgers
-red wine
-pink champagne
-cookies, chips, cakes"

"7-5-10

-Fruity Yogurt sundae
-Entire Pizza
-cupcakes"

"7-6-10

-Multivitamin
-pullup sets
-Protein Shake

(started off good, then complete failure)

-Fruity Yogurt sundae
-old pizza slices
-coffee cakes
-goldfish crackers
-Four Loko
-pink champagne
-2 buttery nipple shots
-2 long island iced teas"

:hecho:

idrinkwine732
07-07-2010, 09:02 AM

Intro to Psychology
Intro to Philosophy
History of Rock

Do you by chance go to UCLA?

Natrlhi
07-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Crazy college kids do this stuff all the time, right? :lol:Yeah, and then they end up like this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9HQIhv7kBA4/StBE9UEz7hI/AAAAAAAABSU/VE2x88Xzpac/s400/hostel.jpg

evildeadjedi
07-07-2010, 10:20 AM
^ That's exactly what I was thinking Nat :lol:

Intro to Psychology
Intro to Philosophy
History of Rock

Psychology is all right, Sociology is more interesting in my opinion.
Hope you like remembering quotes from Philosophers.
Sounds very interesting :cool:
FUCK YOU I'm very jealous! :finger2: :mad: :bouville: :cool:

xStructualDefect
07-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Do you by chance go to UCLA?

nope i go to Pasadena City College. it's a junior community college.

rjturtle9
07-08-2010, 06:51 AM
So, since the beginning of my summer break, I have had 7 or 8 unwanted all-nighters, 3 of which we this week alone, this night being my third. I think I have a sleeping disorder or something.

Pretty cool getting PS3 time though since my little brother plays all day.

Maiden33
07-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Today I start the second batch of songs I have to learn for the Queensryche Tribute Band:

-No Sanctuary
-The Killing Words
-Operation : Mindcrime
-Suite Sister Mary
-The Needle lies
-I Don't Believe in love
-The Thin line
-Anybody listening?

First batch was:
-Queen of the Reich
-Take Hold of the Flame
-Walk in the Shadows
-london
-I Will Remember
-Anarchy X/Revolution Calling
-The Mission
-Eyes of a Stranger
-Empire
-Jet City Woman
-Silent lucidity
-

xStructualDefect
07-08-2010, 07:25 AM
anyone ever get in a situation when you have A LOT of feelings for one of your close best friends that happens to be female? well i've been in that situation for awhile now and whatever i seem to do i can't get out of having feelings for her. she wasn't hanging out with my group for a few months because of certain reasons, so very slowly i forgot about those feelings, but lately she started hanging out again. being around her 4th of july made me remember all the reaons why i have feelings for her, and it made me realize those feelings are still there. and finding out she fucked one of your friends during a night of drinking is the one of the worst ways to ruin your night. i walked an hour walk home a few hours ago at 3 AM because i didn't want to be around them because it totally annihilated my mood.

i told her how i felt a few months ago. to be honest before i told her i thought she had mutual feelings for me because the way we would act towards eachother, and she made it seem like she'd always get very jealous when i talked to other girls, and other feelings that might make you think your close female friend has mutual feelings for you. but when i told her she didn't have much of a response, she just asked for how long and was like "ohhh." we never spoke of it again. i'm not sure if she still has that in her head or forgot about it, but she has never mentioned it.

but yeah i need to get the fuck over her, i'm completely wasting my time having these feelings for her. i've talked to other girls while having feelings for her, but nothing was ever serious, so no girl ever replaced those feelings. she's one of my best friends and i love hanging out with her, but at the same time i hate hanging out with her because in the end i realize my feelings for her aren't going to go anywhere if i see her often.

sorry for the lame confession, i just had to get this off my chest.

anyone else ever get in a situation when you have strong feelings for a close female friend?

rjturtle9
07-08-2010, 07:40 AM
anyone ever get in a situation when you have A LOT of feelings for one of your close best friends that happens to be female? well i've been in that situation for awhile now and whatever i seem to do i can't get out of having feelings for her. she wasn't hanging out with my group for a few months because of certain reasons, so very slowly i forgot about those feelings, but lately she started hanging out again. being around her 4th of july made me remember all the reaons why i have feelings for her, and it made me realize those feelings are still there. and finding out she fucked one of your friends during a night of drinking is the one of the worst ways to ruin your night. i walked an hour walk home a few hours ago at 3 AM because i didn't want to be around them because it totally annihilated my mood.

i told her how i felt a few months ago. to be honest before i told her i thought she had mutual feelings for me because the way we would act towards eachother, and she made it seem like she'd always get very jealous when i talked to other girls, and other feelings that might make you think your close female friend has mutual feelings for you. but when i told her she didn't have much of a response, she just asked for how long and was like "ohhh." we never spoke of it again. i'm not sure if she still has that in her head or forgot about it, but she has never mentioned it.

but yeah i need to get the fuck over her, i'm completely wasting my time having these feelings for her. i've talked to other girls while having feelings for her, but nothing was ever serious, so no girl ever replaced those feelings. she's one of my best friends and i love hanging out with her, but at the same time i hate hanging out with her because in the end i realize my feelings for her aren't going to go anywhere if i see her often.

sorry for the lame confession, i just had to get this off my chest.

anyone else ever get in a situation when you have strong feelings for a close female friend?

cool story br...

Well actually, I kinda know how you feel man. I used to be in this exact situation. She was my best friend, and actually still is my closest friend to me. I had feelings for her for a while, but I realized it wasn't gonna work out, so i decided to just let it stay as friends. Every now and again I would think what if thoughts about her, but I actually like her as a best friend better now.

Idk if that helped at all. Maybe sometimes it's best to let things go, even though it may take a while. And the thing about her fucking your friend, well it's not like she did it to hurt you or anything. that's just her doing her thing, you can't change that. Sucks, but that's women man.

xStructualDefect
07-08-2010, 08:00 AM
cool story br...

Well actually, I kinda know how you feel man. I used to be in this exact situation. She was my best friend, and actually still is my closest friend to me. I had feelings for her for a while, but I realized it wasn't gonna work out, so i decided to just let it stay as friends. Every now and again I would think what if thoughts about her, but I actually like her as a best friend better now.

Idk if that helped at all. Maybe sometimes it's best to let things go, even though it may take a while. And the thing about her fucking your friend, well it's not like she did it to hurt you or anything. that's just her doing her thing, you can't change that. Sucks, but that's women man.

yeah i know things aren't going to work between me and her, but those feelings don't just go away like that ya know? if there was a button that let me stay friends with her without having feelings for her, i'd press that, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. i've had feelings for her for about 2 years now, they weren't that strong back then, but it wasn't until last Decemeber when they got really strong. and i realized as long as i hang out with her, those feelings are going to remain. maybe unless i find another girl to replace those feelings. the thing about her is she's everything i ever wanted in a girl. it makes you think wow i don't know if i'm ever going to find another girl that makes me feel the way this girl does. of course there's other girls out there that will, but it just makes you think that. and yeah i know she didn't mean to hurt me and it was her doing her own thing like you said about the her fucking my friend thing. i wasn't mad at all, but it just really hurts to know that ya know what i mean?

powerslave_85
07-08-2010, 08:50 AM
My advice? This sounds harsh, but if you can't get past your feelings for her, you probably need to just walk away. From the friendship, from everything. It's not worth the mental torture; you can always make new friends.

SomewhereInTime72
07-08-2010, 09:43 AM
git er drunk and molest er

Maiden33
07-08-2010, 09:51 AM
git er drunk and molest er

The advice gleaned from this board is outstanding. :lol:

es156
07-08-2010, 10:08 AM
The advice gleaned from this board is outstanding. :lol:

Only if you assume all of it is in jest.

The Green and Black
07-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Today I start the second batch of songs I have to learn for the Queensryche Tribute Band:

-No Sanctuary
-The Killing Words
-Operation : Mindcrime
-Suite Sister Mary
-The Needle lies
-I Don't Believe in love
-The Thin line
-Anybody listening?

First batch was:
-Queen of the Reich
-Take Hold of the Flame
-Walk in the Shadows
-london
-I Will Remember
-Anarchy X/Revolution Calling
-The Mission
-Eyes of a Stranger
-Empire
-Jet City Woman
-Silent lucidity
-

As with most tribute acts, you are playing better stuff the Ryche does. :lol:

ravenheart
07-08-2010, 12:02 PM
-

Highlight of the set, right there ;)

Natrlhi
07-08-2010, 12:05 PM

:lol: Why, we're just full of snark today, aren't we?

Derelict
07-08-2010, 12:15 PM

Um, he's English, what did you expect?

TonyD
07-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Um, he's English, what did you expect?

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/e/ea/Britfag.jpg

The Green and Black
07-08-2010, 02:10 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: That one was probably the hardest one for him to learn.

ravenheart
07-08-2010, 03:22 PM

Such is my trade ;)

ChildrenofSodom
07-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Natty - Stay in your house for a few days. The Greater Cleveland is going to be rioting.

Crionics
07-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Natty - Stay in your house for a few days. The Greater Cleveland is going to be rioting.

I was just about to say something like this :lol:

evildeadjedi
07-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Natty are you still with us?

They just showed some people burning Lebron's Jersey. The Eleven O' clock news should be interesting tonight.

Crionics
07-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Natty are you still with us?

They just showed some people burning Lebron's Jersey. The Eleven O' clock news should be interesting tonight.

I saw that :lol: being a Cleveland native, this kinda sucks, but I hope Miami loses in the finals :lol:.

Dextrimental
07-08-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm immensely confused at where I am in life.. Whole load of stuff has happened in the last 6 months that has like ended certain ventures in my life, for better or worse, and it feels odd because I never thought beyond these ventures, so now they've ended, I dunno where to go from here..

Cannibal Corpse, however, will forever stay the same :D

Natrlhi
07-09-2010, 06:36 AM
I saw that :lol: being a Cleveland native, this kinda sucks, but I hope Miami loses in the finals :lol:.

I hope Miami never makes it to The Finals.

DethMaiden
07-09-2010, 06:39 AM
I hope Miami never makes it to The Finals.

People will underrate the Bulls all year. As Noah (who I still hate) and Rose continue to develop, team up with Boozer (whose absence will drop the Jazz a few seeds out West, no doubt), Deng, and Hinrich, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a run at the top. It's them, the Heat, the Celtics (still, yes), the Magic, and honestly the Bucks who had a busy offseason and have good chemistry/fans that could make the Finals.

West is wide open with the Lakers still as obvious favorites and the Suns and Jazz less likely to go to the Finals without their marquee big men.

ChildrenofSodom
07-09-2010, 09:41 AM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-sf2p/hs625.ash1/27538_125093340862939_9561_n.jpg

Tupac isn't dead, he is goalie for the Ivory Cost. (by way of facebook)

I SEE THE SAME GOOOOALLLLL!!!!

Div
07-09-2010, 10:29 AM
cant wait till all this soccer talk is over...

TonyD
07-09-2010, 11:07 AM
I was so happy to see this happen to Junior Seau and Randy Moss when they jumped ship to join the Patriots. Lebron is a little different though, so I can understand.
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-sf2p/hs625.ash1/27538_125093340862939_9561_n.jpg

Tupac isn't dead, he is goalie for the Ivory Cost. (by way of facebook)

:lol:
cant wait till all this soccer talk is over...

ENDLESS BASEBALL HIGHLIGHTS :drool:

Div
07-09-2010, 11:19 AM
well most people who will rant about baseball are atleast fans... it seems like 90% of the people talking about the world cup are just bandwagoners, especially on facebook.

mankvill
07-09-2010, 11:31 AM
well most people who will rant about baseball are atleast fans... it seems like 90% of the people talking about the world cup are just bandwagoners, especially on facebook.

welcome to the winter olympics via american hockey

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Tightening The Noose
Serpents
Struck By Lightning

DethMaiden
07-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Tightening The Noose
Serpents
Struck By Lightning

:bowdown:

Hellfire
Hellfire

powerslave_85
07-09-2010, 12:21 PM
welcome to the winter olympics via american hockey
Ha, seriously. All the "experts" were saying it was going to increase viewership of NHL games, but it didn't.

ChildrenofSodom
07-09-2010, 12:21 PM
:bowdown:

Hellfire
Hellfire

DOUBLE FUCKING FAIL!

WRONG THREAD, NOOBS!

xStructualDefect
07-10-2010, 06:32 AM
just woke up and about to get ready for Mayhem Fest. this year i convinced 14 friends to go, all who have already bought their ticket, so this should be fun. i'll be back with sets.

makethemsuffer12
07-10-2010, 06:44 AM
just woke up and about to get ready for Mayhem Fest. this year i convinced 14 friends to go, all who have already bought their ticket, so this should be fun. i'll be back with sets.

Hatebreed, Shadows Fall, Chimaira, LOG sets, plz?

xStructualDefect
07-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Hatebreed, Shadows Fall, Chimaira, LOG sets, plz?

Hatebreed and Chimaira will be partial. i'm not thaat familiar with all their songs. i could probably recognize all the songs for Shadows Fall and Lamb of God.

mastodon421
07-10-2010, 07:41 AM

Nice man have fun really looking forward to the sets. I know your good for a Korn set but what about Rob Zombie?

xStructualDefect
07-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Nice man have fun really looking forward to the sets. I know your good for a Korn set but what about Rob Zombie?

thanks dude for sure i will. i'll try to get as much Rob Zombie. i know a lot of stuff of Sinister Urge and Hellbilly Deluxe, but i haven't heard anything off the past 2 ablums besides that single Foxy Foxy. i'm not that familiar with a lot of White Zombie stuff though.

JRA
07-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Listening to Spoony rant about Eclipse. I'll admit I'm one of the few who actually enjoys his vlogs. But listening to him in a frustrated stupor, verbally slowly pull the limbs out of the body that is Twilight just might be his shining moment.

JRA
07-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Beyonce, you go out in tight clothes and you look like a bitch in heat...and if you get raped by a pack of crackers, it will be your fault.

I think as one last good-bye to their fans, At The Gates should record an alternate lyrics version of the song, with the new title "Raped By a Pack of Crackers."

Maiden33
07-10-2010, 09:07 PM
I feel like I should take a shower given the conversation I just had via text message. :eyes:

daimonos
07-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Checking out a black metal band that asked me to play the drums for them. Don't know if I want to or not though...

ChildrenofSodom
07-10-2010, 09:37 PM
I feel like I should take a shower given the conversation I just had via text message. :eyes:

Was it about vajays?

Maiden33
07-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Was it about vajays?

Amongst other things. :eyes:

JRA
07-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Amongst other things. :eyes:

Hot lunch from 40 crackheads?

Maiden33
07-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Hot lunch from 40 crackheads?

Nailed it. :lol:

Maiden33
07-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Nothing seems to unite all of my friends like a Maiden Tour... :D

DethMaiden
07-11-2010, 09:33 AM
It would be amazing if Maiden whipped up a Cleveland event shirt of Eddie tearing up a LeBron James jersey.

It would be terrible if there already is a Cleveland event shirt and it's Eddie wearing a LeBron James jersey.

ChildrenofSodom
07-11-2010, 10:23 AM
It would be amazing if Maiden whipped up a Cleveland event shirt of Eddie tearing up a LeBron James jersey.

It would be terrible if there already is a Cleveland event shirt and it's Eddie wearing a LeBron James jersey.

I wonder how many anti-Cavs shirts we are going to see at the show Thursday. From the past Maiden show there, I saw alot of non-band shirts.

Crionics
07-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Well I went to some SAT prep classes at another school today. I thought the math teacher was kinda hot :eyes:.

Div
07-12-2010, 08:30 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs164.snc4/37529_1341890710773_1336350007_30814479_3091942_n. jpg

maiden was awesome! cant wait for the next time! kudos to everyone here who was also at that show!

edit: i also noticed they were filming for a DVD, infact the camera crew came over by us when we were on line but picked the guys standing right infront of us for a short interview... so close... so fucking close... :bouville:

Maiden33
07-12-2010, 09:36 PM
To put it simply, tonight was just amazing.

JRA
07-12-2010, 10:18 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs164.snc4/37529_1341890710773_1336350007_30814479_3091942_n. jpg

I want that fucking Hellhammer shirt so bad!

mankvill
07-13-2010, 12:34 AM
I want that fucking Hellhammer shirt so bad!

I have it too!

www.punkstuff.com Get it!

mastodon421
07-13-2010, 04:42 AM
Leaving for Warped Tour in 20 minutes. Should be a good day.

makethemsuffer12
07-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Leaving for Warped Tour in 20 minutes. Should be a good day.

:confused::confused:

mankvill
07-13-2010, 05:58 PM
youve just been HURT FEELINGS AND BUTT RANGED go drink ur moms bredt milk u fart commander i bet u hav a fetish FOR MEN LMAO ur just so made all the time its 2 easy 23 own u "i like to drnikj sperm from my spermbottle while waring my sperm necklace" - u

daimonos
07-13-2010, 08:40 PM
So the other day some "somewhat scene-ish" kid was trying to tell me that the guys in Parkway Drive and Bring Me the Horizon's stuff takes more skill to play than Decapitated and Behemoth.

What the hell is wrong with people.

:wallbang:

youve just been HURT FEELINGS AND BUTT RANGED go drink ur moms bredt milk u fart commander i bet u hav a fetish FOR MEN LMAO ur just so made all the time its 2 easy 23 own u "i like to drnikj sperm from my spermbottle while waring my sperm necklace" - u

...And uh, this..?

mastodon421
07-14-2010, 04:42 AM
:confused::confused:

It was fun. There were a solid amount of good bands on the bill.

TonyD
07-14-2010, 10:30 AM
This (http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/07/14/an-interview-with-the-most-important-member-of-iron-maiden/#more-39850)

evildeadjedi
07-14-2010, 12:32 PM
So the other day some "somewhat scene-ish" kid was trying to tell me that the guys in Parkway Drive and Bring Me the Horizon's stuff takes more skill to play than Decapitated and Behemoth.

What the hell is wrong with people.

:wallbang:

Don't smoke crack! :lol:

JRA
07-14-2010, 01:51 PM
This (http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/07/14/an-interview-with-the-most-important-member-of-iron-maiden/#more-39850)

Well, Cleveland's never getting an interview again. Maybe that happened because someone blew them off.

daimonos
07-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Just recently decided that I'm going to go to the Iron Maiden concert tonight.

JRA
07-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Just recently decided that I'm going to go to the Iron Maiden concert tonight.

Wish I had the ability to decide that on a whim.

daimonos
07-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Wish I had the ability to decide that on a whim.

I don't really get as excited about Maiden as everybody else on here does. I sold all my Iron Maiden CD's like, a year ago :eyes:

makethemsuffer12
07-14-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't really get as excited about Maiden as everybody else on here does. I sold all my Iron Maiden CD's like, a year ago :eyes:

BLASHPEMY! BLASPHEMY, I SAY!

es156
07-14-2010, 03:58 PM

Should we just go ahead and ban him now?

JRA
07-14-2010, 04:01 PM

Not as much as I think we should get the old Maiden banner back.

DethMaiden
07-14-2010, 05:35 PM

Both. :D

es156
07-14-2010, 05:46 PM

Ah yes, I do miss the old Maiden banner.

daimonos
07-14-2010, 08:57 PM
:lol: Honestly that's the exact response I was expecting to get. But I just got back from the show and I really, really enjoyed it. Way better than I expected it to be. Needless to say, I definitely won't be forgetting about Maiden as much in the future.

:powerslave:

Fires Of Sedition
07-15-2010, 12:47 AM
attn: mankvill and 300% Density

What's the Beaumont Theater like? Better or worse than Uptown or The Bottleneck?

mankvill
07-15-2010, 01:02 AM
attn: mankvill and 300% Density

What's the Beaumont Theater like? Better or worse than Uptown or The Bottleneck?

Beaumont Club. Bigger than Bottleneck, a lot smaller than Uptown. Holds about 1000 people max capacity. Have heard people bitch about terrible sightlines, but that's been mostly at sold-out shitty pop shows. I like it. There probably won't be a barrier, but if there is, you're really, really close to the stage. I've seen a lot of metal shows there: Nile, Obituary, Napalm Death, etc. I was kind of surprised when LoG announced that they'd be playing there, it should be packed. I like it, no big complaints.

edit: I'd say it's better than Uptown because it's more intimate and about on par with Bottleneck. The Bottleneck is more of a bar than it is a place to have concerts, but that's the opposite for the Beaumont Club. Pretty good-sized stage, and there's a big ol' bar in the back with room for merch and whatnot. I might actually meet you there. ;)

Fires Of Sedition
07-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Beaumont Club. Bigger than Bottleneck, a lot smaller than Uptown. Holds about 1000 people max capacity. Have heard people bitch about terrible sightlines, but that's been mostly at sold-out shitty pop shows. I like it. There probably won't be a barrier, but if there is, you're really, really close to the stage. I've seen a lot of metal shows there: Nile, Obituary, Napalm Death, etc. I was kind of surprised when LoG announced that they'd be playing there, it should be packed. I like it, no big complaints.

edit: I'd say it's better than Uptown because it's more intimate and about on par with Bottleneck. The Bottleneck is more of a bar than it is a place to have concerts, but that's the opposite for the Beaumont Club. Pretty good-sized stage, and there's a big ol' bar in the back with room for merch and whatnot. I might actually meet you there. ;)

Yeah, Club, that's what I meant. NICE. Very excited now. Maybe I'll finally be able to get to chat with them.

You sure go to a lot of Lamb Of God shows for hating them so much. :lol:

mankvill
07-15-2010, 01:08 AM
Yeah, Club, that's what I meant. NICE. Very excited now. Maybe I'll finally be able to get to chat with them.

You sure go to a lot of Lamb Of God shows for hating them so much. :lol:

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIgHZx-_vpE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ2CvcTKPbk

To kinda give you an idea. I also saw Megadeth there!

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhnVY5ukxug

Fires Of Sedition
07-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Did you seriously post an Owl City link? Fag

But surriously, I am excite.

makethemsuffer12
07-15-2010, 08:16 AM
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/100714/EW-1112-cover-comiccon_308.jpg

TonyD
07-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Isn't he supposed to be black?

evildeadjedi
07-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Isn't he supposed to be black?

The Black Green Lantern was John Stewart, who came after Guy Gardner and Hal Jordan. Hal Jordan is the one Reynolds is portraying in the film.

makethemsuffer12
07-15-2010, 04:39 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/rugrats_You_know_what_is_awesome-s555x495-23556-580.gif

Does anyone else see something suggestive with that milk bottle? :eyes:

Maiden33
07-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Just sent an email confirming my decision to quit Queen of the Ryche.

powerslave_85
07-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Really? What happened?

JRA
07-15-2010, 05:08 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/rugrats_You_know_what_is_awesome-s555x495-23556-580.gif

Does anyone else see something suggestive with that milk bottle? :eyes:

:finger2:

That was...quick.

makethemsuffer12
07-15-2010, 05:44 PM

DeGarmo's leads giving you trouble? ;)

Or did they decide to throw in American Soldier material?

Maiden33
07-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Really? What happened?

:finger2:

That was...quick.

DeGarmo's leads giving you trouble? ;)

Or did they decide to throw in American Soldier material?

Thanks for the concern, haha.

It's a long story. Basically, I just realized that there was no way I was willing to put in the time and dedication to learn like 40 Queensryche songs given how little of a shit I give about playing their material anymore. I just don't want to do it, I think I was just flattered by the audition invite that I didn't really think enough about what it really entailed.

Maiden33
07-16-2010, 08:44 PM
I just found out that someone is driving about an hour and a half to come see my band play tomorrow night. I feel honored. :D

Div
07-16-2010, 10:24 PM
trying some of that legal artificial weed stuff. smells like mangoes

Div
07-16-2010, 10:32 PM
attempting to play tower defense in starcraft 2 and listening to rap and eating pretzles and soda

mankvill
07-16-2010, 10:59 PM
attempting to play tower defense in starcraft 2 and listening to rap and eating pretzles and soda

I think Starcraft 2 might be the first "new/current" game that I pirate, although I really want to play it online.

Fuck Activision, seriously.

TonyD
07-16-2010, 11:12 PM
trying some of that legal artificial weed stuff. smells like mangoes

Salvia? Or O'Dweeds?

Div
07-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Salvia? Or O'Dweeds?

lol, def not salvia dude, thats more like acid than weed. this one's called mamba or something.

I think Starcraft 2 might be the first "new/current" game that I pirate, although I really want to play it online.

online ist krieg, def worth 50 bucks imo. if u liked wc3 online then this is even better. the custom maps are way fun.

mankvill
07-17-2010, 12:28 AM
online ist krieg, def worth 50 bucks imo. if u liked wc3 online then this is even better. the custom maps are way fun.

I could fap to online WC3 custom maps all day every day.

Helm's Deep? Fuck yeah you bet your ass.

Div
07-17-2010, 12:55 AM
I could fap to online WC3 custom maps all day every day.

Helm's Deep? Fuck yeah you bet your ass.

the best is the nerd rage u get when ure new at a team oriented map

fag: OMG
fag: U DIED
fag: WHAT A NUB
fag: how could anyone be so stupid
fag: go back to ur basement
fag: and CRY
me: u mad cuz u bad?
fag: fucking little kid go cry in ur basement
me: ;[
fag: OMG MOVE UR DROPSHIP NUB
me: D:
me: *starts teamkilling him*
fag: AFDSGFHFGSDFSDFSDFGSFDG

what i dont like is now these fucks can look up my REAL NAME, fuck u blizzard. and if u happen to be a girl and play this game, prepare for massive e-stalking

mastodon421
07-17-2010, 04:34 AM
In the process of writing reviews for Inception and Brooklyn's Finest for my blog.

SomewhereInTime72
07-17-2010, 07:23 AM

lol, it might be my first 'current' gen game that I buy. :eyes: Though I understand and agree with your sentiment towards activision.

though I might hold out an extra 2 months for Civ V.

DethMaiden
07-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Lead article on NYTimes.com right now is on Warped Tour. Picture is of that fag who sings for Suicide Silence. I want to kill myself.

mankvill
07-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Lead article on NYTimes.com right now is on Warped Tour. Picture is of that fag who sings for Suicide Silence. I want to kill myself.

I think you need to WAKE UP WAKE UP to how good Suicide Silence is.

xStructualDefect
07-18-2010, 08:33 PM
I think you need to WAKE UP WAKE UP to how good Suicide Silence is.

:lol: :D

makethemsuffer12
07-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Did anyone else notice Rob Halford as a priest in that new Virgin Mobile commercial?

larvtard
07-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Did anyone else notice Rob Halford as a priest in that new Virgin Mobile commercial?

How fitting... ;)

mankvill
07-18-2010, 10:23 PM
So far in 2010:

Top 10 shows:

Mastodon w/ BTBAM, Baroness, Valient Thorr
Nile w/ Immolation, Krisiun
Weedeater w/ Black Tusk, The Gates Of Slumber
Havok w/ Stonehaven, Shred Scare, Vanlade, Meatshank
Coalesce w/ Touche Amore, Black Breath
Cannibal Corpse w/ 1349, Skeletonwitch, Lecherous Nocturne
Gravehill w/ Cardiac Arrest, Cemetery Rapist, etc.
Hatchet & Witchaven w/ Stonehaven, Vanlade, The Tards
Misery Index w/ Magrudergrind
The Black Dahlia Murder w/ Obscura, Augury, Hatesphere

Best performance: Coalesce

Fires Of Sedition
07-19-2010, 12:26 AM
So far in 2010:

Top 10 shows:

Mastodon w/ BTBAM, Baroness, Valient Thorr
Nile w/ Immolation, Krisiun
Weedeater w/ Black Tusk, The Gates Of Slumber
Havok w/ Stonehaven, Shred Scare, Vanlade, Meatshank
Cannibal Corpse w/ 1349, Skeletonwitch, Lecherous Nocturne
Gravehill w/ Cardiac Arrest, Cemetery Rapist, etc.
Hatchet & Witchaven w/ Stonehaven, Vanlade, The Tards
Misery Index w/ Magrudergrind
The Black Dahlia Murder w/ Obscura, Augury, Hatesphere

Best performance: Coalesce

Worst because you didn't meet me, of course.

ChildrenofSodom
07-19-2010, 07:44 AM
I have a question for the music-nerds out there. I was listening to Mars, Bringer of War on youtube, and it said "performed by London Orchestra, conducted by [whoever]." It got me thinking: on more modern songs, they say who the song is by because that band either wrote it or is covering it. If the band wrote it, then they deserve the credit for doing so. If a band is covering it, then you know that it isn't an original but they are presumably putting their own touch on the work, given that every modern musician has their own personal style, different number of band members, whatever. So, the cover is different from the original.

Why do recordings of classical pieces say who performed or conducted the piece, or more succinctly put, why would anyone listen to two different performances of the same song? I dont know anything about classical music, but i would imagine when Wagner or Holst wrote their pieces, they wrote down all the notes and how many of each instrument was required. Are modern conductors changing anything in the song, or are modern orchestras just covering some old dead guy's work note-for-note? I mean, its impressive to get that many people together to play the song, but if every orchestra is basically doing the same thing (playing note for note with the same prescribed number of musicians) then why listen to different recordings?

Maiden33
07-19-2010, 07:52 AM
It's important to keep in mind that there are no "studio versions" of classical pieces like there are of modern music. Music on paper reads a lot differently to different people than a song plays. When you listen to a song now and choose to cover it, you're probably making a conscious decision to change something about it. When certain conductors and orchestras perform pieces, there are subtle differences in the way they interpret the work. It's nearly impossible to hear one performance and say: "Well that's different than the 'original'", it's just infinite takes on the same idea laid out on paper.

ChildrenofSodom
07-19-2010, 08:46 AM
It's important to keep in mind that there are no "studio versions" of classical pieces like there are of modern music. Music on paper reads a lot differently to different people than a song plays. When you listen to a song now and choose to cover it, you're probably making a conscious decision to change something about it. When certain conductors and orchestras perform pieces, there are subtle differences in the way they interpret the work. It's nearly impossible to hear one performance and say: "Well that's different than the 'original'", it's just infinite takes on the same idea laid out on paper.

So, the idea that there isn't an original recording of these works warrants the various performances by different orchestras?

Natrlhi
07-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Nile w/ Immolation, Krisiun, Dreaming DeadFixed that for ya...and I agree. ;)

:envy:

daimonos
07-19-2010, 09:41 AM
So, the idea that there isn't an original recording of these works warrants the various performances by different orchestras?

I would imagine that most orchestras do something different to the songs, compared to other orchestras. All orchestras are different. Some have more people than others, different instruments, and it is possible that an orchestra could change an endless amount of different things, such as accents, tempos, creschendos, what instruments do what, or how loud certain parts are. Composers that lead orchestras are usually musically creative people.

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

daimonos
07-19-2010, 09:45 AM
I haven't been to ten shows this year, but I've been to 6... Boo Pittsburgh.

If I had to rank them, I would rank them based on the entire show, not individual performances:

1. Behemoth/Septicflesh/Lightning Swords of Death
2. Devildriver/Suffocation/Goatwhore
3. Iron Maiden/Dream Theater
4. Amon Amarth/TYR/Holy Grail
5. Mastodon/Baroness
6. GWAR

SomewhereInTime72
07-19-2010, 11:42 AM
I have a question for the music-nerds out there. I was listening to Mars, Bringer of War on youtube, and it said "performed by London Orchestra, conducted by [whoever]." It got me thinking: on more modern songs, they say who the song is by because that band either wrote it or is covering it. If the band wrote it, then they deserve the credit for doing so. If a band is covering it, then you know that it isn't an original but they are presumably putting their own touch on the work, given that every modern musician has their own personal style, different number of band members, whatever. So, the cover is different from the original.

Why do recordings of classical pieces say who performed or conducted the piece, or more succinctly put, why would anyone listen to two different performances of the same song? I dont know anything about classical music, but i would imagine when Wagner or Holst wrote their pieces, they wrote down all the notes and how many of each instrument was required. Are modern conductors changing anything in the song, or are modern orchestras just covering some old dead guy's work note-for-note? I mean, its impressive to get that many people together to play the song, but if every orchestra is basically doing the same thing (playing note for note with the same prescribed number of musicians) then why listen to different recordings?
Different acting troupes doing the same play based on the same original script. Same idea basically.

Maiden33
07-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Packing and getting ready to leave for Maryland and eventually Virginia for MAIDEN.

ChildrenofSodom
07-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Different acting troupes doing the same play based on the same original script. Same idea basically.

But those people look different and sound different...have different styles. Do violinists and bassists and whatever else have different distinct styles or sounds? I mean, if the notes are written down, and you just play them as the composer originally wrote, wouldn't they all sound the same?

Sorry, I am very ignorant on this subject.

Maiden33
07-19-2010, 12:53 PM
But those people look different and sound different...have different styles. Do violinists and bassists and whatever else have different distinct styles or sounds? I mean, if the notes are written down, and you just play them as the composer originally wrote, wouldn't they all sound the same?

Sorry, I am very ignorant on this subject.

As a big Kansas fan, the obvious answer to this question is yes. I can easily tell the difference between David Ragsdale and Robby Steinhardt.

ChildrenofSodom
07-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Ok, well, I guess I'll take that as the answer. Thanks guys.

Right now I'm eating a salad to recover from the first day of week six of the Insanity workout. I've lost 18-20 lbs in the first 5 weeks by doing the workouts, watching what I eat/calories, playing some basketball, doing the fitness trail at the local park, taking a multivitamin, and drinking protein shakes. Unlike in the past, I'm not starving myself or cutting off the occasional 'junk food', but I'm changing my eating habits which I think will help in the long term.

My goal is 30 by the end of my summer (I go back to school September 17), and considering I just started my second month of the program, 10 lbs is definitely attainable. One year from now I'd like to be down a total of 50 lbs, with an idealistic goal around 75 or 100. I know people who have lost 50 lbs in half a year, and I think I have the willpower to follow through with this program.

Natrlhi
07-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Insanity workout:eek: Big props. That program is one of the few things out there that I've seen that looks even tougher than P90X (during which I lost 25 pounds).

Great results so far - keep it up. :fist:

EDIT: Glad to see you're doing the protein shakes, too. Some people think those are just for muscle-heads, but your body needs the nutrients to recover, or you'll be sore as fuck and you'll overtrain and cause yourself to be in a hell of a mess. Again - keep the faith and nice job.

mankvill
07-19-2010, 02:34 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/07/19/trap-thems-ryan-mckenney-responds-to-sacha-dunables-metalsucks-column/

Really interesting read here about punx ethics and corporate-sponsored shows.

ChildrenofSodom
07-19-2010, 02:43 PM
:eek: Big props. That program is one of the few things out there that I've seen that looks even tougher than P90X (during which I lost 25 pounds).

Great results so far - keep it up. :fist:

EDIT: Glad to see you're doing the protein shakes, too. Some people think those are just for muscle-heads, but your body needs the nutrients to recover, or you'll be sore as fuck and you'll overtrain and cause yourself to be in a hell of a mess. Again - keep the faith and nice job.

I love Insanity. The thing is that all the workouts are tough, but you aren't doing the same thing two days in a row. And since its based on time, you don't have to overdo it on days that you feel sluggish and you can really work hard on days that you're feeling awesome. Plus, no equipment needed. :D

My aunt, whose husband used to be a body builder, told me to get the protein to help build muscle and recover from workouts. I use it 3-5 times and I'm trying to lift 2-3 times a week. I'm not trying to 'bulk up', just get my body into better shape, and I read that muscle continues to burn calories and fat when in a rested state. So take the moderate muscle building, the full body workout of Insanity, the cardio of running and basketball, and watching what I eat....I think I've got a foolproof plan.

DethMaiden
07-19-2010, 02:48 PM
I'll let you guys know how much I've lost this summer when I weigh in tomorrow. Enough that I weigh less than I have since before junior high school, anyway, and enough that I'm wearing medium shirts instead of larges (or extra larges at my fattest) for the first time ever. Method? I dunno, riding my bike a lot, running a lot, playing basketball a lot, doing situps and pushups a lot, doing the Men's Health Spartacus workout once a week and just generally not eating like someone who's starving to death like I used to. Shockingly, if you just have a salad for lunch and a sandwich for dinner, you won't die! You'll actually be just as nourished as if you ate 25 chicken wings! :lol:

daimonos
07-19-2010, 07:13 PM
I bought the reissue of Still Life by Opeth the other week and it came with a 5.1 Mix dvd as a bonus disc. Is there any way to take just the audio and put it on my itunes?

DethMaiden
07-19-2010, 09:02 PM
I'll let you guys know how much I've lost this summer when I weigh in tomorrow. Enough that I weigh less than I have since before junior high school, anyway, and enough that I'm wearing medium shirts instead of larges (or extra larges at my fattest) for the first time ever. Method? I dunno, riding my bike a lot, running a lot, playing basketball a lot, doing situps and pushups a lot, doing the Men's Health Spartacus workout once a week and just generally not eating like someone who's starving to death like I used to. Shockingly, if you just have a salad for lunch and a sandwich for dinner, you won't die! You'll actually be just as nourished as if you ate 25 chicken wings! :lol:

Alright, I've lost 19 pounds in eight weeks. From 191 to 172 and that's just so far. Badass. :party:

Derelict
07-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Alright, I've lost 19 pounds in eight weeks. From 191 to 172 and that's just so far. Badass. :party:

Fuck yeah!

JRA
07-19-2010, 09:41 PM
just generally not eating like someone who's starving to death like I used to.

I'd say this is the biggest factor of any weight loss.

DethMaiden
07-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Fuck yeah!

Yeah man, I'm pretty pleased. I think I want to get to 160, then go from there with converting what weight I'll still have into real toned muscle. But that's kind of long-term.

mankvill
07-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Okay you assholes

When I said "A headlining Lamb of God show is about as close my generation will get to those insane 80's/90's shows" I meant that in terms of crowd surfers/moshing/singing along/gerneal craziness at the shows. LoG pretty much met my expectations tonight: A few songs were kind of fun, a lot was boring. But people were going absolutely fucking apeshit.

Last generation had Pantera and the generation before them had Slayer. That's all I'm sayin'. I doubt an extreme metal band will ever fill an arena these days, but Lamb of God will be the closest.

Natrlhi
07-20-2010, 06:48 AM
^ :eyes: Ummm...wrong thread?

DethMaiden
07-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Okay you assholes

When I said "A headlining Lamb of God show is about as close my generation will get to those insane 80's/90's shows" I meant that in terms of crowd surfers/moshing/singing along/gerneal craziness at the shows. LoG pretty much met my expectations tonight: A few songs were kind of fun, a lot was boring. But people were going absolutely fucking apeshit.

Last generation had Pantera and the generation before them had Slayer. That's all I'm sayin'. I doubt an extreme metal band will ever fill an arena these days, but Lamb of God will be the closest.

That's a natural progression as far as the crowds are concerned. As far as who the biggest extreme metal band is, I think Mastodon are right up there with LOG. I'd be interested to see who sells more records/concert tickets.

powerslave_85
07-20-2010, 08:59 AM
I'd be interested to see who sells more records/concert tickets.I can almost guarantee LoG has Mastodon beat by a mile in both categories, but especially record sales.

DethMaiden
07-20-2010, 09:21 AM
I can almost guarantee LoG has Mastodon beat by a mile in both categories, but especially record sales.

I guess if I reasoned it out I'd have come to the same conclusion, for the U.S. anyway. Metalheads buy both bands' records, but rednecks buy LOG records and hipsters buy Mastodon records and there's way more rednecks in America than there are hipsters.

Derelict
07-20-2010, 09:27 AM
I guess if I reasoned it out I'd have come to the same conclusion, for the U.S. anyway. Metalheads buy both bands' records, but rednecks buy LOG records and hipsters buy Mastodon records and there's way more rednecks in America than there are hipsters.

I don't think you can evaluate popularity on album sales anymore - i think concert attendance and merch sales are what you have to look at.

powerslave_85
07-20-2010, 09:30 AM
lol wut? Dude, I know hipsters, and hipsters don't buy Mastodon records. Real hipsters despise metal.

DethMaiden
07-20-2010, 09:32 AM
lol wut? Dude, I know hipsters, and hipsters don't buy Mastodon records. Real hipsters despise metal.

:lol: Well, I know hipsters who I work with at the student paper and when we were compiling our Top 50 Albums of the Decade list in December, they wanted 49 indie albums + Leviathan. Plus Pitchfork loves them. Just going with what I have to go off of here.

evildeadjedi
07-20-2010, 10:32 AM
:lol: Well, I know hipsters who I work with at the student paper and when we were compiling our Top 50 Albums of the Decade list in December, they wanted 49 indie albums + Leviathan. Plus Pitchfork loves them. Just going with what I have to go off of here.

I can see how this is the case especially with Blood Mountain and Crack The Skye. They're pretty much prog rock/metal which many hipsters tend to enjoy.

Natrlhi
07-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Oh, those silly hipsters

mankvill
07-20-2010, 12:59 PM
I would say Mastodon has more mainstream recognition (I mean, aren't they on Warner Bros. FFS?) but Lamb of God has a rabid fanbase that keeps growing and growing.

btw: best moments of last night were from Jamey Jasta. He was the first I've heard of to dedicate a song to Peter Steele (Hatebreed and Type O had both played on a Jagermeister tour at that same venue about 2 years back) and before a song kicked in, Jamey goes: "Okay, on the count of 3, the people on your left and right are Cardinals and Raiders fans!"

:D funny dude

powerslave_85
07-20-2010, 01:20 PM
I don't really listen to that stuff anymore, but I was big into Hatebreed towards the end of high school. I saw them at Ozzfest '02, it was a fun show.

ChildrenofSodom
07-20-2010, 01:28 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_Student_Alliance

I'm on a motherfuckin' wikipedia page. Suck it.

mankvill
07-20-2010, 01:29 PM
I don't really listen to that stuff anymore, but I was big into Hatebreed towards the end of high school. I saw them at Ozzfest '02, it was a fun show.

Yeah, they were pretty fun at times.

mankvill
07-20-2010, 01:30 PM

LOOK AGAIN

ChildrenofSodom
07-20-2010, 01:34 PM
LOOK AGAIN

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Touche! I hope someone fixes that....:eyes:

powerslave_85
07-20-2010, 01:38 PM
LOOK AGAIN
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Natrlhi
07-20-2010, 01:49 PM

I take it you're Poopy McFartface. Nice. Enjoy your fifteen minutes. ;)

JRA
07-20-2010, 02:06 PM
I take it you're Poopy McFartface. Nice. Enjoy your fifteen minutes. ;)

pwned

mankvill
07-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Stop hand nuvola.svg This is the only warning you will receive regarding your disruptive edits. If you vandalize Wikipedia again, as you did to Secular Student Alliance, you may be blocked from editing without further notice. postdlf (talk) 21:40, 20 July 2010 (UTC)

mankvill
07-20-2010, 04:25 PM
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/131/l_b94df52425ac4fd5b315c1adfc2c83d3.jpg

Clutch over Bodom I guess.

JRA
07-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Clutch over Bodom I guess.

Damn. Never thought that would happen.

Derelict
07-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Prob cause Clutch is at least 5000 times better

DethMaiden
07-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Prob cause Clutch is at least 5000 times better

more like 50,000

anthrax ham radio & liquor

Derelict
07-20-2010, 06:55 PM
more like 50,000

Well played my friend

SomewhereInTime72
07-20-2010, 07:32 PM
more like 50,000

:lol: :horns:

Dextrimental
07-20-2010, 07:42 PM
I am very tempted to post the Eminem setlist from the show I recently saw just to annoy people on here, because frankly the amount of discussion that is going into that Lady Gaga setlist is just funny!

mankvill
07-20-2010, 08:00 PM
I am very tempted to post the Eminem setlist from the show I recently saw just to annoy people on here, because frankly the amount of discussion that is going into that Lady Gaga setlist is just funny!

YOU HAVEN'T EARNED THE RIGHT!

SomewhereInTime72
07-20-2010, 08:09 PM

It was probably mostly new songs anyway, come on only the first 2.5 eminem albums are really worth a damn anyway. :(

JRA
07-20-2010, 08:15 PM
more like 50,000

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/38/80639662_924e5faa8d.jpg

daimonos
07-20-2010, 08:23 PM

I'm interested to see it.

His new album pisses me off, not as good as any of his other ones I think. The Marshall Mathers LP will always be #1 though.

Dextrimental
07-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Well, thats one vote, so if people don't mind I will post it, but let it be known I am asking first to see if there's interest!

And, it was a good selection of old and new, solid setlist I thought, only song he didn't play that I wanted to see was 'White America'.

es156
07-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Stop hand nuvola.svg This is the only warning you will receive regarding your disruptive edits. If you vandalize Wikipedia again, as you did to Secular Student Alliance, you may be blocked from editing without further notice. postdlf (talk) 21:40, 20 July 2010 (UTC)

ChildrenofSodom
07-21-2010, 04:34 AM

And the universe is restored.

mastodon421
07-21-2010, 05:03 AM

Yeah I actually just looked at the set yesterday. It's an ok set not too many songs from the travesty that is Recovery.

evildeadjedi
07-21-2010, 10:10 AM
more like 50,000

Very good sir :horns:

Div
07-21-2010, 07:25 PM
the new google image search is annoying...

DethMaiden
07-21-2010, 07:32 PM

Agree. That tag cloud type thing they were experimenting with was badass though, I'd like to see that become the regular GIS.

mankvill
07-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Whoever it was here that said Black Cobra is boring needs to get the fuck out of metal forever. Probably the 2nd best performance I've seen all year.

idrinkwine732
07-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Whoever it was here that said Black Cobra is boring needs to get the fuck out of metal forever. Probably the 2nd best performance I've seen all year.

Seriously. So killer for just a two-piece.

Natrlhi
07-21-2010, 10:02 PM

TOLDJA (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13007)

Div
07-22-2010, 01:27 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs102.ash2/38452_10150218276805523_130774875522_13808916_3613 356_n.jpg

JRA
07-22-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm not a big fan of The Simpsons or Queensryche, but that is fucking awesome!

ChildrenofSodom
07-22-2010, 08:48 PM
I just bought a pedometer. I've tried to do some running in the past few weeks to supplement my Insanity workouts, but its just killing my knees and it hurts to do my other exercises. I need to lose some more weight, I think, before I can comfortably jog or run for extended periods of time. It also hurts my back (I have a spinal deformity, so it hurts like a bitch.) I read you're supposed to walk somewhere around 10,000 steps a day...so I'm going to try that. I think between walking to work instead of driving, walking at work, and then taking a stroll around the neighborhood I should be able to hit my goal.

Crionics
07-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Going to St. Louis for a week tommarow.

b_halperin
07-23-2010, 04:41 PM

THIS

b_halperin
07-26-2010, 01:05 AM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-sf2p/hs625.snc3/27430_543290213_904_n.jpg

SomewhereInTime72
07-26-2010, 01:17 AM

I don't think I've agreed this much with anything in weeks.

ChildrenofSodom
07-26-2010, 09:02 AM
I don't think I've agreed this much with anything in weeks.

Ok, I use yahoo, and thus never use GIS....but I just went there and I don't see what everyone is talking about. I'm using IE7, mind you, so maybe it doesn't effect me, but it seems to be fine. What is so annoying about it?

mastodon421
07-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Attempting to get my payment plan for school next year set up but my school's finicial aid department is retarded and telling me I never applied for it even though they have my records of applying for it:confused: I'm not even college yet and I can tell it is going to fucking blow.

evildeadjedi
07-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Attempting to get my payment plan for school next year set up but my school's finicial aid department is retarded and telling me I never applied for it even though they have my records of applying for it:confused: I'm not even college yet and I can tell it is going to fucking blow.

Financial aid departments can be a major bitch to work with currently I'm trying to my aid approved for 2010-2011 so I can schedule classes for Fall.

mastodon421
07-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Financial aid departments can be a major bitch to work with currently I'm trying to my aid approved for 2010-2011 so I can schedule classes for Fall.

I'm in the same boat. I am going to take placement tests next week and then I am scheduleing my classes soon after. I am still no where near getting Financial Aid squared away:mad:.

daimonos
07-27-2010, 09:25 PM
From D12's Wikipedia page:

The group toured with Eminem after they signed with Shady Records. In 2003, contreversy sturck as D12 was credited for singing the chorus in 'Till I Collaspe, however it was Nate Dogg who sang the chorus.

ChildrenofSodom
07-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Supposedly some guy wore a Lebron #6 Heat Jersey to a Cleveland Indians game....and he got booed out of the stadium.

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Supposedly some guy wore a Lebron #6 Heat Jersey to a Cleveland Indians game....and he got booed out of the stadium.I saw a kid wearing one of those at Cedar Point the other day, and he was getting some seriously shitty looks from the crowd. That's not bad, considering there are probably a ton of folks at CP who aren't even from Ohio, so the potential for negative behavior was somewhat diluted. I did my part by beginning and loudly sustaining a conversation with my brother about what a colossal douchebag James is for the way he treated the Cavs and all their fans. :mad:

Lebron James :nutkick: Cavs fans

On the other side of the coin, earlier that day I also saw another kid wearing a "Quitness" shirt, and I gave him a nod of approval, which he noticed and returned. :fist:

idrinkwine732
07-28-2010, 08:08 PM
:deadhorse

ChildrenofSodom
07-28-2010, 08:18 PM
:deadhorse

Ohio only has so many points of interest....let us have this one....please. :eyes:

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Ohio only has so many points of interest....let us have this one....please. :eyes:
This.

In all honesty, I am somewhat proud of the majority of Northeast Ohioans for not perpetuating this story more. I was fully prepared to hear about it ad nauseum until I was ready to fucking strangle somebody, but really we could (and maybe should) be making more of a big deal about it than we are. Never before in the history of professional sports has a city been so cruelly shafted by one of its own, and I'm somewhat proud of us for taking it in stride for the most part and moving on with a reasonable amount of dignity.

idrinkwine732
07-28-2010, 08:30 PM

...withdrawn.

JRA
07-28-2010, 08:32 PM
This hasn't quite gotten old yet (and sports can suck it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSyRhlGae-M

Div
07-29-2010, 10:50 AM
I ever mention how annoying michael cera is and how much i hate his movies?

Derelict
07-29-2010, 10:55 AM
I ever mention how annoying michael cera is and how much i hate his movies?

i cant agree more strongly

Div
07-29-2010, 10:59 AM
i cant agree more strongly

i mean i could actually think hes entertaining if he didnt always play the roll of

A. a hipster

and

B. a wuss

Derelict
07-29-2010, 11:07 AM
i mean i could actually think hes entertaining if he didnt always play the roll of

A. a hipster

and

B. a wuss

there's also certain actors that play the EXACT SAME ROLE in every movie. he's one of them, its annoying

powerslave_85
07-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Eh, Michael Cera doesn't really bother me. He was funny in Superbad and Arrested Development, and Scott Pilgrim looks awesome. And when has he played a hipster? Geeky, awkard kid, sure, but not hipster.

mankvill
07-29-2010, 11:55 AM
a socially awkward, shy boy meets an outgoing and eccentric girl. the boy falls for her, she initially rejects him, he does something to win her over, and she ends up falling in love with him.

There, I just saved you some time and money.

Div
07-29-2010, 01:04 PM
a socially awkward, shy boy meets an outgoing and eccentric girl. the boy falls for her, she initially rejects him, he does something to win her over, and she ends up falling in love with him.

There, I just saved you some time and money.

i take it you saw that muted 30 second clip on the front page of youtube aswell. truly amazing how you can gather so much from so little, i wonder what happens in the other 95:30 minutes of the movie?

mankvill
07-29-2010, 01:09 PM
i take it you saw that muted 30 second clip on the front page of youtube aswell. truly amazing how you can gather so much from so little, i wonder what happens in the other 95:30 minutes of the movie?

oh no, I was just talking about michael cera movies in general :lol:

xStructualDefect
07-29-2010, 05:03 PM
just got back from a free A Day To Remember show they played at the X-Games. very fun show. they really know how to get the crowd into it.

evildeadjedi
07-29-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm in the same boat. I am going to take placement tests next week and then I am scheduleing my classes soon after. I am still no where near getting Financial Aid squared away:mad:.

Finally, got my financial aid approved but, now I have to see about getting some fees accrued for classes I dropped a day late from the 100% refund cut off for Summer.

ChildrenofSodom
07-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Eh, Michael Cera doesn't really bother me. He was funny in Superbad and Arrested Development, and Scott Pilgrim looks awesome. And when has he played a hipster? Geeky, awkard kid, sure, but not hipster.

Youth in Revolt. HUGE hipster.

powerslave_85
07-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Ha, I guess I'll find out because I just got that from Netflix.

Wizzbang11
07-29-2010, 07:38 PM
I thought Youth in Revolt was great.
Scott Pilgrim looks like everything Jackson said, with the addition of 'random' and ironically-bad scenes of quirky fantasy action and pop culture references. It really looks like the worst thing in quite some time. I really hope I never end up having to see it.

Crionics
07-30-2010, 05:08 PM
My friend just gave up metal because it made him feel "violent" and now he's "living for god" :confused:

idrinkwine732
07-30-2010, 05:42 PM
My friend just gave up metal because it made him feel "violent" and now he's "living for god" :confused:

http://tshirtslayer.com/files-tshirt/imagecache/shirtview/009_0.JPG
Wear this shirt next time you see him. I have one, wore it once, and still laugh every time I see it.

JRA
07-30-2010, 05:50 PM

Brainwashed by the moral majority. Another casualty.:hecho:

evildeadjedi
07-30-2010, 06:19 PM
http://tshirtslayer.com/files-tshirt/imagecache/shirtview/009_0.JPG
Wear this shirt next time you see him. I have one, wore it once, and still laugh every time I see it.

Exactly, you wouldn't want to anger God now would you? :D

Crionics
07-30-2010, 07:12 PM
I plan that the next time I see him I shall wear
That Shirt

And I will finally put patches on my denim vest of
Atheist's logo
Deicide's logo
Marduk- Fuck Me Jesus
Burzum- Aske
Mayhem- De Mysteriis
Morbid Angel- Covenant
Slayer- God Hates Us All (even if I'm not so fond of the album, great artwork)
Possessed- Seven Churches
Behemoth- The Apostasy
Iron Maiden- The Number of the Beast

What am I missing?

It's sad that just 5 days ago he was a fan of most or all of these bands :/

Derelict
07-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Installing Starcraft II, girlfriend just left for the day for a concert, case of Victory Whirlwind in the fridge, Faith No More blasting. Perfect day in progress.

TonyD
07-31-2010, 01:01 PM
Installing Starcraft II, girlfriend just left for the day for a concert, case of Victory Whirlwind in the fridge, Faith No More blasting. Perfect day in progress.

:lol: like

idrinkwine732
07-31-2010, 03:34 PM
I plan that the next time I see him I shall wear
That Shirt

And I will finally put patches on my denim vest of
Atheist's logo
Deicide's logo
Marduk- Fuck Me Jesus
Burzum- Aske
Mayhem- De Mysteriis
Morbid Angel- Covenant
Slayer- God Hates Us All (even if I'm not so fond of the album, great artwork)
Possessed- Seven Churches
Behemoth- The Apostasy
Iron Maiden- The Number of the Beast

What am I missing?

It's sad that just 5 days ago he was a fan of most or all of these bands :/

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3126/3164114730_2d19ab7c11.jpg

Something like that.

mankvill
07-31-2010, 03:36 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3126/3164114730_2d19ab7c11.jpg

Something like that.

STUPIDEST GODDAMN T-SHIRTS EVER

HOLY FUCK

THE FIRST TIME I SAW SLAYER EVERY SINGLE FAGGOT WAS WEARING ONE

MOST RAGE INDUCING ARTICLE OF CLOTHING OF ALL TIME

daimonos
07-31-2010, 03:45 PM

HOLY FUCK

If it were a real black or death metal bands shirt, and not Cradle of Filth's, I'm sure we wouldn't have that problem :lol:

mankvill
07-31-2010, 03:49 PM
If it were a real black or death metal bands shirt, and not Cradle of Filth's, I'm sure we wouldn't have that problem :lol:

NO

IT'S STILL FUCKING STUPID

"o lol look at me, im a 17 year old who is edgy because i'm rejecting christianity because i watched some youtube atheist videos and vote democrat, lolol this shirt is so edgy"

FUCKING STUPID AS FUCK OH MY SHIT

daimonos
07-31-2010, 03:51 PM
NO

"o lol look at me, im a 17 year old who is edgy because i'm rejecting christianity because i watched some youtube atheist videos and vote democrat, lolol this shirt is so edgy"

I'd rather get a Fuck Me Jesus shirt.

idrinkwine732
07-31-2010, 04:18 PM

HOLY FUCK

NO

I can't stand it either, but it would make any normal kid squeal.

I'm not a particular fan of gratuitous violence, gore, profanity or sex on T-shirts. I'd prefer something that looks cool without that. It's a shame that no one else does, otherwise we'd have more shirts like that...

ChildrenofSodom
07-31-2010, 07:01 PM
NO

1) If you're 17, you can't vote. (Except in the primary if you're going to be 18 by the general.) Nerd check.
2) Metal fans DON'T vote, and why would they vote Democrat if they did? They're usually disillusioned and think every one sucks.
3) I think the shirt is stupid for other reasons, mainly its a "shock" shirt and I've found that the "shock because you can" excuse is really immature and hurts the atheist/metal movements.

Wizzbang11
07-31-2010, 07:40 PM
NO

Shut up Jackson.
Next thing I know you'll be singing the praises of Ludicra, Opeth, Avantasia and whatever other 'nice' bands everyone on this forum loves. The best metal is offensive/shocking/hateful or at least extreme, and so the clothes which accompany it follow suit. Cradle of Filth suck, and their fans probably do to, but that is not the thought process that goes through every Mercyful Fate shirt with "I Deny Jesus Christ!!" written on the back of it, and you know that.

What do you mean shock hurts the metal movement? Metal is built around a lot of shock, that's half the image of the entire genre.

daimonos
07-31-2010, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't mind owning this one...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3281/2926881967_18d07283f6_o.jpg&imgrefurl=http://emptees.com/tees/9170-mock-the-cross-bloodbath&usg=__8sa22a1k933phTveFlnpD3QV1Vs=&h=652&w=500&sz=113&hl=en&start=0&tbnid=EVLO-PDllUC7DM:&tbnh=145&tbnw=111&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbloodbath%2Bmock%2Bthe%2Bcross%2Bshir t%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26biw%3D1426%26bih%3D7 00%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C176&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=470&vpy=130&dur=1563&hovh=256&hovw=197&tx=98&ty=275&ei=MOBUTPrxJ4GB8gbP5IGUAw&page=1&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0&biw=1426&bih=700

EDIT: Nevermind, I can't figure out how to embed images using googles new search :rolleyes:

It was the Bloodbath "Mock the Cross" shirt

ChildrenofSodom
07-31-2010, 07:49 PM
What do you mean shock hurts the metal movement? Metal is built around a lot of shock, that's half the image of the entire genre.

I don't listen to metal for the image (for the most part.)

Wizzbang11
07-31-2010, 07:56 PM
I don't listen to metal for the image (for the most part.)

You may not, but arent you also a closet-'normal person' metalhead?
Metal would not be the same without the image, it isn't enough on it's own but without it the genre would be a lot less interesting and unique. I love the tongue n cheek lyrics, over the top looks etc.

mankvill
07-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Shut up Jackson.
Next thing I know you'll be singing the praises of Ludicra, Opeth, Avantasia and whatever other 'nice' bands everyone on this forum loves. The best metal is offensive/shocking/hateful or at least extreme, and so the clothes which accompany it follow suit. Cradle of Filth suck, and their fans probably do to, but that is not the thought process that goes through every Mercyful Fate shirt with "I Deny Jesus Christ!!" written on the back of it, and you know that.

shirts made to shock by being overly vulgar are for chidrin

shut up dayan, go cut your tongue some more

Wizzbang11
07-31-2010, 08:11 PM
shirts made to shock by being overly vulgar are for chidrin

shut up dayan, go cut your tongue some more

Perhaps, but many are awesome.
Like this one-
http://www.warheadshop.webs.com/shirt/TSWdestroyer666.gif
I think it's pretty neat.

And NEVER AGAIN.

ChildrenofSodom
07-31-2010, 08:14 PM
You may not, but arent you also a closet-'normal person' metalhead?
Metal would not be the same without the image, it isn't enough on it's own but without it the genre would be a lot less interesting and unique. I love the tongue n cheek lyrics, over the top looks etc.

What? I'm in the closet about being normal? Huh?

I wear band t-shirts, but I don't feel the urge to say or wear stupid shit to piss people off. Going through your whole life being angry at people, whether that be the establishment, religion, politicians, or your parents, is no way to live. And doing it for the sake of "being metal" is even worse. Jesus never did any thing bad to you, why call him a cunt? And 99.99999% of Christians alive today will never do anything mean to you on a personal level.

Also, CoF sucks cocks. I'd rather listen to AILD.

mankvill
07-31-2010, 08:22 PM
There needs to be more FUCK ISLAM/ALLAH shirts

Wizzbang11
07-31-2010, 08:30 PM
What? I'm in the closet about being normal? Huh?

I wear band t-shirts, but I don't feel the urge to say or wear stupid shit to piss people off. Going through your whole life being angry at people, whether that be the establishment, religion, politicians, or your parents, is no way to live. And doing it for the sake of "being metal" is even worse. Jesus never did any thing bad to you, why call him a cunt? And 99.99999% of Christians alive today will never do anything mean to you on a personal level.

Also, CoF sucks cocks. I'd rather listen to AILD.

I was more referring to the hair cut, political attire, attempts to be accepted by mainstream society, connecting with people more over beer than metal etc. etc. than literally being in the closet about liking metal.
Jesus did plenty of shit to me, assuming he's real he's the reason goddamn Christianity exists! Christianity (Judaism, Islam) makes our country (and world) operate with a fucked up system of morality and turns people shitty. Also, maybe it's just where I live, but probably 80% of the people who have been mean to me have been Christian, so since I'm never going to run into all the Christians in the world I'm going to say proportionally there are more bad ones than atheists in my experience.