PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part III

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

makethemsuffer12
06-15-2010, 09:29 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141540

I lol'd.

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Super unrealistic though. I'm a pro-business liberal, but I don't believe the government should have no influence on enterprise, because I don't like oil spills and child labor.

The thing is that it's not that unrealistic, granted that the utopia-like image IS in fact unrealistic. The messages it gives are resounding though, and it makes perfect sense, especially in light of the post-Depression position that the U.S. has taken with the economy. Concerning oil spills and child labor, I don't like oil spills either, the oil spills are the things that the media chooses to focus on with companies like BP, Exxon in the past. Hardly anyone knows of the good those companies did for the energy industry, because we choose not to look at that. We only hear of these companies when a mistake is made, something that was not intentional too. That's not to say "Oh, it was an accident, it's ok", but that stuff is bound to happen, the stuff is ridiculously complex, it's best left to those who know what they're doing, not government tools who clearly don't know what to do as much as BP-in this case- if not more.

powerslave_85
06-15-2010, 10:05 AM
The thing is that it's not that unrealistic, granted that the utopia-like image IS in fact unrealistic. The messages it gives are resounding though, and it makes perfect sense, especially in light of the post-Depression position that the U.S. has taken with the economy. Concerning oil spills and child labor, I don't like oil spills either, the oil spills are the things that the media chooses to focus on with companies like BP, Exxon in the past. Hardly anyone knows of the good those companies did for the energy industry, because we choose not to look at that. We only hear of these companies when a mistake is made, something that was not intentional too. That's not to say "Oh, it was an accident, it's ok", but that stuff is bound to happen, the stuff is ridiculously complex, it's best left to those who know what they're doing, not government tools who clearly don't know what to do as much as BP-in this case- if not more."Sure, they've probably wiped out most of the ecosystem in the Gulf of Mexico for decades to come, but what about all the GOOD things they've done?!" I mean, are you fucking serious? This wasn't "oops, we spilled a few gallons of oil," this is an environmental catastrophe on a scale that is almost unprecedented. Not only were BP aware there might be problems, they told the people on the rig not to do anything about it. That's fucking criminal negilegence, and if there were any justice, everyone at the top levels of that company would be out on the streets. But no, Washington has looked the other way while corporations do whatever the fuck they want without any regards to what might happen to the economy (in the case of the banks/AIG) or the environment (BP), and now they'll probably just go on getting bonuses that are millions of times larger than any of us will ever make in our lifetimes. Fuck all of them.

DethMaiden
06-15-2010, 10:08 AM
The thing is that it's not that unrealistic, granted that the utopia-like image IS in fact unrealistic. The messages it gives are resounding though, and it makes perfect sense, especially in light of the post-Depression position that the U.S. has taken with the economy. Concerning oil spills and child labor, I don't like oil spills either, the oil spills are the things that the media chooses to focus on with companies like BP, Exxon in the past. Hardly anyone knows of the good those companies did for the energy industry, because we choose not to look at that. We only hear of these companies when a mistake is made, something that was not intentional too. That's not to say "Oh, it was an accident, it's ok", but that stuff is bound to happen, the stuff is ridiculously complex, it's best left to those who know what they're doing, not government tools who clearly don't know what to do as much as BP-in this case- if not more.

Maybe some people don't realize that those companies are doing good stuff as well, but I certainly do. I'm just not naive enough to think that companies with no regulation are going to be conscientious. We need rules and regulations, and within that, the true innovators and savvy entrepreneurs will rise to the top. Microsoft and Apple didn't become what they are by exploiting third-world labor and not checking if their products are full of cadmium, but look at them, they're still multi-billion dollar companies. Why? Their products sell.

powerslave_85
06-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Microsoft and Apple didn't become what they are by exploiting third-world laborNot so fast there, chief. There have been some accusations about the working conditions in the Chinese factories that produce some Apple products (there was an abnormaly high suicide rate among the workers). Yeah yeah, China's not third world, but you get the point.

DethMaiden
06-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Not so fast there, chief. There have been some accusations about the working conditions in the Chinese factories that produce some Apple products (there was an abnormaly high suicide rate among the workers). Yeah yeah, China's not third world, but you get the point.

Fair enough. Maybe I went too far in making my point, but I still mean it. It is possible to run a successful business without being BP.

ChildrenofSodom
06-15-2010, 10:23 AM
The messages it gives are resounding though, and it makes perfect sense, especially in light of the post-Depression position that the U.S. has taken with the economy.

There is probably a good reason for that....

Hardly anyone knows of the good those companies did for the energy industry, because we choose not to look at that.

What good? They sell us one of the cheapest, most readily available, and dirtiest natural resources on earth....And pull down huge profits and government subsidies and contracts. I fail to see the "good" in their business model. Yes, they are doing what businesses are supposed to do (make money) but they have hardly done anything objectively good, especially when you consider how dangerous and idiotic our long-term oil/coal situation looks.

idrinkwine732
06-15-2010, 10:42 AM
I have a feeling you guys have this one covered.

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-15-2010, 11:54 AM
"Sure, they've probably wiped out most of the ecosystem in the Gulf of Mexico for decades to come, but what about all the GOOD things they've done?!" I mean, are you fucking serious? This wasn't "oops, we spilled a few gallons of oil," this is an environmental catastrophe on a scale that is almost unprecedented. Not only were BP aware there might be problems, they told the people on the rig not to do anything about it. That's fucking criminal negilegence, and if there were any justice, everyone at the top levels of that company would be out on the streets. But no, Washington has looked the other way while corporations do whatever the fuck they want without any regards to what might happen to the economy (in the case of the banks/AIG) or the environment (BP), and now they'll probably just go on getting bonuses that are millions of times larger than any of us will ever make in our lifetimes. Fuck all of them.

You really think Washington has simply looked the other way? Look at all the attempts they're pulling to get to the heads of BP: asking them to pay a fine for all the victims of the Coast, Obama with his now infamous "whose ass to kick" line, the off-shore drilling that is going to be hindered for at a decade or more now, and plenty of other stunts Washington is going to pull to regulate companies like this now. Just because these executives are still in their positions is hardly a reason to state that their is a lack of justice going on, these same people who you say you want in the streets are the ones with the best look on the crisis and how to handle it. It's their mess, and it's their field. You think booting every single one responsible is gonna make things better? Then who is there to solve this? Bureaucrats? Government officials? Because both of those will only screw it up more. Note that Obama hasn't even spoken to Tony Hayward yet. It's because, as he so blatantly said, he's looking for an ass to kick, people to blame to make his administration seem like they've got the situation under control, when they don't in the slightest. BP doesn't seem to be doing that much of a better job either mind you, but I'd sure love to see the people talk when this goes into the hands of the government.

Maybe some people don't realize that those companies are doing good stuff as well, but I certainly do. I'm just not naive enough to think that companies with no regulation are going to be conscientious. We need rules and regulations, and within that, the true innovators and savvy entrepreneurs will rise to the top. Microsoft and Apple didn't become what they are by exploiting third-world labor and not checking if their products are full of cadmium, but look at them, they're still multi-billion dollar companies. Why? Their products sell.

Companies with no regulation aren't immediately looking for ways to expand and destroy everyone in their path for the sake of profit, as it's unfortunately portrayed to be. Companies that get regulated are usually pummeled with legislation that has them putting quotas on their production, putting caps on their profits, and the classic, taxed to hell to provide for welfare by the dozens. "Savvy" entrepreneurs as you say do still rise, and it's because of their intelligence and their will to persevere, but what the hell makes it necessary for them to have to rise such petty obstacles? Imagine those regulations NOT being there. There would be more competition, more of those "savvy" entrepreneurs who try to be better than the others, thus creating diversity in whatever industry they are competing in. If people like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs and many others didn't give away their earnings to government/public welfare, can you imagine the uprising there would be? And for what proper, humane reason? People expect the successful to have to claw their way up so they can earn something by the time they get there, in the way of taxes, loans, subsidies, you name it. It's like saying "Since this guy is gonna make it regardless of what we do, let's make it as difficult as possible so we can profit in some way, shape, or form." It's disgusting. The choice is up to the man with values, not the looter who feeds on the success of others. And as for exploiting third world labor? Sure they didn't get to where they are by doing that, but they sure as hell started to once they saw its economic benefits. I hardly even call it "exploitation". It's absolutely insane how necessary the people of third world countries now rely on sweatshops, how it is their source of living. It's a shame I forgot the documentary where I saw it, but a group of American college students were protesting/boycotting Nike goods because of the shoes made in sweatshops in India-I believe-and a man in India responded by calling them ignorant and foolish, telling them to stop boycotting the goods. We look at those countries with OUR perspective as a high-tier country, not from a struggling one that needs to expand its economy and grow in a globe more prone to globalization then ever before. The jobs those people would be doing if those sweatshops were not there is disgusting, and is as inhumane as you get, including dangerous construction, drug trafficking, prostitution, the list goes on. I'm going off, and I'm sure that many won't understand my point and just call me soulless, cruel, etc., so I'll just stop there.

What good? They sell us one of the cheapest, most readily available, and dirtiest natural resources on earth....And pull down huge profits and government subsidies and contracts. I fail to see the "good" in their business model. Yes, they are doing what businesses are supposed to do (make money) but they have hardly done anything objectively good, especially when you consider how dangerous and idiotic our long-term oil/coal situation looks.

Amusing thing is that our "long term oil/coal situation" isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Quite frankly, I don't know where people get there information, because it's available everywhere that we have oil to last us hundreds of years, and we continue to find new sources underwater with developing technology. It's a cold hard fact. Now does this mean we should continue to use it even though we have a ridiculous amount of it? No, I don't think so. But it's just politically incorrect to say that we're running out, and that our dependence of it is going to kill us. Canada is our #1 supplier, and 2nd is Saudi Arabia, and the difference between the two is enormous, more than triple if I'm not mistaken.

mankvill
06-15-2010, 12:16 PM
what the fuck are you assholes talking about

shut up

powerslave_85
06-15-2010, 12:28 PM
You really think Washington has simply looked the other way? Look at all the attempts they're pulling to get to the heads of BP: asking them to pay a fine for all the victims of the Coast, Obama with his now infamous "whose ass to kick" line, the off-shore drilling that is going to be hindered for at a decade or more now, and plenty of other stunts Washington is going to pull to regulate companies like this now.

I hardly even call it "exploitation". It's absolutely insane how necessary the people of third world countries now rely on sweatshops, how it is their source of living. It's a shame I forgot the documentary where I saw it, but a group of American college students were protesting/boycotting Nike goods because of the shoes made in sweatshops in India-I believe-and a man in India responded by calling them ignorant and foolish, telling them to stop boycotting the goods. We look at those countries with OUR perspective as a high-tier country, not from a struggling one that needs to expand its economy and grow in a globe more prone to globalization then ever before. The jobs those people would be doing if those sweatshops were not there is disgusting, and is as inhumane as you get, including dangerous construction, drug trafficking, prostitution, the list goes on. I'm going off, and I'm sure that many won't understand my point and just call me soulless, cruel, etc., so I'll just stop there.
When I said the government "looked the other way," I meant in the years (and probably decades) prior to this. When corporations and private industries spend years using lobbyists to pay off Congress to stay out of their affairs, they can get away with lazy, shoddy, and dangerous business practices. When that happens, a disaster like this is inevitable.

I can hardly fathom anyone defending sweatshops the way that you are. It IS exploitation. When you go into a third-world country where people are poor and desparate, of course they're going to jump at the opportunity. But that is NOT an excuse to increase your profits by paying them next to nothing and forcing them to work inhuman hours in dangerous working conditions. It's basic fucking human decency. As for boycotts, I'll say this: if I choose to boycott Nike by not buying their shoes, it's not because I think I can change their business practices by doing so. It's because I don't want that on my concience. I sleep better at night knowing that children didn't essentially work as slaves just so I could spend $100 on tennis shoes.

Derelict
06-15-2010, 12:30 PM
From the current issue of rolling stone...

Nowhere was the absurdity of the policy more evident than in the application that BP submitted for its Deepwater Horizon well only two months after Obama took office. BP claims that a spill is "unlikely" and states that it anticipates "no adverse impacts" to endangered wildlife or fisheries. Should a spill occur, it says, "no significant adverse impacts are expected" for the region's beaches, wetlands and coastal nesting birds. The company, noting that such elements are "not required" as part of the application, contains no scenario for a potential blowout, and no site-specific plan to respond to a spill. Instead, it cites an Oil Spill Response Plan that it had prepared for the entire Gulf region. Among the sensitive species BP anticipates protecting in the semitropical Gulf? "Walruses" and other cold-water mammals, including sea otters and sea lions. The mistake appears to be the result of a sloppy cut-and-paste job from BP's drilling plans for the Arctic. Even worse: Among the "primary equipment providers" for "rapid deployment of spill response resources," BP inexplicably provides the Web address of a Japanese home-shopping network. Such glaring errors expose the 582-page response "plan" as nothing more than a paperwork exercise. "It was clear that nobody read it," says Ruch, who represents government scientists.

Whole article is a good read. That is not oversight, thats crossing your fingers and hoping nothing bad happens.

ChildrenofSodom
06-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Amusing thing is that our "long term oil/coal situation" isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Quite frankly, I don't know where people get there information, because it's available everywhere that we have oil to last us hundreds of years, and we continue to find new sources underwater with developing technology. It's a cold hard fact. Now does this mean we should continue to use it even though we have a ridiculous amount of it? No, I don't think so. But it's just politically incorrect to say that we're running out, and that our dependence of it is going to kill us. Canada is our #1 supplier, and 2nd is Saudi Arabia, and the difference between the two is enormous, more than triple if I'm not mistaken.

If we have so much oil available, then why do we have to drill a mile under the ocean to get it? I don't consider that a viable option in the long term. The money and time we devote to developing technology to extract deep oil reserves would be better spent on more effecient engines and alternative energy sources.

DethMaiden
06-15-2010, 04:28 PM
You really think Washington has simply looked the other way? Look at all the attempts they're pulling to get to the heads of BP: asking them to pay a fine for all the victims of the Coast, Obama with his now infamous "whose ass to kick" line, the off-shore drilling that is going to be hindered for at a decade or more now, and plenty of other stunts Washington is going to pull to regulate companies like this now. Just because these executives are still in their positions is hardly a reason to state that their is a lack of justice going on, these same people who you say you want in the streets are the ones with the best look on the crisis and how to handle it. It's their mess, and it's their field. You think booting every single one responsible is gonna make things better? Then who is there to solve this? Bureaucrats? Government officials? Because both of those will only screw it up more. Note that Obama hasn't even spoken to Tony Hayward yet. It's because, as he so blatantly said, he's looking for an ass to kick, people to blame to make his administration seem like they've got the situation under control, when they don't in the slightest. BP doesn't seem to be doing that much of a better job either mind you, but I'd sure love to see the people talk when this goes into the hands of the government.

Companies with no regulation aren't immediately looking for ways to expand and destroy everyone in their path for the sake of profit, as it's unfortunately portrayed to be. Companies that get regulated are usually pummeled with legislation that has them putting quotas on their production, putting caps on their profits, and the classic, taxed to hell to provide for welfare by the dozens. "Savvy" entrepreneurs as you say do still rise, and it's because of their intelligence and their will to persevere, but what the hell makes it necessary for them to have to rise such petty obstacles? Imagine those regulations NOT being there. There would be more competition, more of those "savvy" entrepreneurs who try to be better than the others, thus creating diversity in whatever industry they are competing in. If people like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs and many others didn't give away their earnings to government/public welfare, can you imagine the uprising there would be? And for what proper, humane reason? People expect the successful to have to claw their way up so they can earn something by the time they get there, in the way of taxes, loans, subsidies, you name it. It's like saying "Since this guy is gonna make it regardless of what we do, let's make it as difficult as possible so we can profit in some way, shape, or form." It's disgusting. The choice is up to the man with values, not the looter who feeds on the success of others. And as for exploiting third world labor? Sure they didn't get to where they are by doing that, but they sure as hell started to once they saw its economic benefits. I hardly even call it "exploitation". It's absolutely insane how necessary the people of third world countries now rely on sweatshops, how it is their source of living. It's a shame I forgot the documentary where I saw it, but a group of American college students were protesting/boycotting Nike goods because of the shoes made in sweatshops in India-I believe-and a man in India responded by calling them ignorant and foolish, telling them to stop boycotting the goods. We look at those countries with OUR perspective as a high-tier country, not from a struggling one that needs to expand its economy and grow in a globe more prone to globalization then ever before. The jobs those people would be doing if those sweatshops were not there is disgusting, and is as inhumane as you get, including dangerous construction, drug trafficking, prostitution, the list goes on. I'm going off, and I'm sure that many won't understand my point and just call me soulless, cruel, etc., so I'll just stop there.

Microsoft Word says this post is 827 words.

Yep, this guy definitely just read Atlas Shrugged. :tongue:

ChildrenofSodom
06-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Microsoft Word says this post is 827 words.

Yep, this guy definitely just read Atlas Shrugged. :tongue:

I remembered that I have The Virtue of Selfishness, Philosophy: Who Needs It, and The Fountainhead. I may read them this summer if i get the chance. Michael Shermer does a better job of arguing for free markets without giving the middle finger to every other human being in Mind of the Market.

mankvill
06-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Ugh, Killing In The Name is such a bad song to end a RATM set with.

ChildrenofSodom
06-16-2010, 08:17 AM
I just found a paper I wrote in 10th grade, titled "The Corrosion of Nonconformity" comparing Winston Smith from 1984, Malcolm X, and the Norwegian Black Metal scene (using Lords of Chaos as my source.) From what i can tell by re-reading, i was arguing that these people, and by extension other people, find themselves in bad situations but their reactions are often so extreme or misguided that they find themselves in an even worse situation. Trip down memory lane, right there.

Also found a "Reading List" from freshman year and its all Christian, Fox News, anti-liberal books. :lol:

JRA
06-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Ugh, Killing In The Name is such a bad song to end a RATM set with.

Why? I think it's the perfect song to end with. Freedom works too.

TonyD
06-16-2010, 09:55 AM
I stayed up til 1 in the morning to see Ozzy lip synch his new single?

makethemsuffer12
06-16-2010, 10:26 AM
I stayed up til 1 in the morning to see Ozzy lip synch his new single?

Yup. Though you did see a minute of him actually sing "Shot in the Dark" ;)

TonyD
06-16-2010, 11:15 AM
I just watched it online this morning, shoud've just done that for both.

mankvill
06-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Why? I think it's the perfect song to end with. Freedom works too.

Killing In The Name is okay to end before the encore, but Freedom is such a better closer.

TonyD
06-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Kansas City hosting 2012 All Star Game.

Metalsetlists meetup?

mankvill
06-16-2010, 03:20 PM

Metalsetlists meetup?

no one's gonna travel for the all star game. :lol:

xStructualDefect
06-16-2010, 03:24 PM
studying for my last final which is for psychology: lifespan development. i got this final fuckin' raped i studied a lot. after that going to my high school's graduation since i was invited by a few friends. holy fuck now that i think about it i know A LOT of seniors graduating. should be cool to see some people i haven't seen in a year or so.

daimonos
06-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Downloading the new Eminem album.

:eyes:

mankvill
06-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Downloading Pavement.

Fuck metal.

mankvill
06-16-2010, 06:32 PM
http://www.blog.jparsawit.com/images/lonelyavenue.jpg

My body is ready.

TonyD
06-16-2010, 07:47 PM
no one's gonna travel for the all star game. :lol:

Kind of a joke, just so we could all stay at your place.

DethMaiden
06-16-2010, 08:23 PM

Metalsetlists meetup?

Kansas City doesn't even have an NBA team anymore. ;)

mankvill
06-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Kansas City doesn't even have an NBA team anymore. ;)

Because the Jayhawks are too good.

DethMaiden
06-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Because the Jayhawks are too good.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1973/1015_large.jpg

'nuff said.

edit: Not sure why I'm defending a defunct basketball team that I don't care about right now.

JRA
06-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Man, it seems like every time a Final or a midterm rolls around, I just freeze up and become completely unproductive. I even have a homework assignment due the day of the final which i haven't even gotten started on yet, and I've been pretty good with it thus far. I guess I just can't take the pressure of test anxiety.

Anyone have any advice?

Maiden33
06-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Had dinner with Brian Ashland (Shadow Gallery) earlier... still not really sure what to think. I think this could provide us with a really great leg up on things... but I can't be sure it would be without compromising some things I like about the band dynamic, etc. Eh, confused. I'll be in contact with him.

JRA
06-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Had dinner with Brian Ashland (Shadow Gallery) earlier... still not really sure what to think. I think this could provide us with a really great leg up on things... but I can't be sure it would be without compromising some things I like about the band dynamic, etc. Eh, confused. I'll be in contact with him.

In the late 70's record executives came up to maiden and said "If you shave your hair we'll sign you right now!" and Steve told them to go fuck themselves.

Maiden33
06-17-2010, 09:13 PM
In the late 70's record executives came up to maiden and said "If you shave your hair we'll sign you right now!" and Steve told them to go fuck themselves.

Well, that's not what I'm talking about. If anyone ever tried to join the band or do something for us under the condition of "if you change your sound", in any way, I would tell them to get lost. We're not talking about anything that massive. Just issues regarding my concepts of the way band dynamics should work (as in writing, recording, input, etc), willingness to play live shows, long-term goals, etc.

Is it so hard to find someone who:
1) Is relatively young (18-25) (Aka old enough that their age won't hold us back as far as eligible gigs are concerned, but also young enough that they're full of youthful ambition and not worried about their wife/kids/making money as a necessity)
2) Considerably skilled on their instrument (with a decent knowledge of Music Theory)
3) Wants to play live shows of original material (maybe some covers for fun), but is primarily concerned with writing songs to demo for record labels/management
4) Wants to have a form of creative input but is comfortable with someone else (me) basically writing the songs (musically) and present them for arrangement by a group.

That's basically the 4 things I'm looking for - in addition to the obvious (desire to play our style of music). Who knew it would be so difficult to find someone who fits into more than 2 of the categories at the same time. :bouville:

Just sucks because Brian is no doubt far more experienced than we are (and owns his own recording studio), and hooking up with someone in a band with an international record deal (very revered in the Prog Metal Community), would probably bring in a lot of new support. But yeah, I unfortunately think the idealogical differences would probably come between us.

mankvill
06-17-2010, 11:47 PM
I FEEL IMPORTANT

One of my favorite local bands, Troglodyte, e-mailed me saying they were a big fan of my blog (and to say thanks for letting them know Clutch was coming :D ) and gave me copies of their CD's too.

THIS IS GOING TO MY HEAD

Crionics
06-18-2010, 04:59 AM
Well, that's not what I'm talking about. If anyone ever tried to join the band or do something for us under the condition of "if you change your sound", in any way, I would tell them to get lost. We're not talking about anything that massive. Just issues regarding my concepts of the way band dynamics should work (as in writing, recording, input, etc), willingness to play live shows, long-term goals, etc.

Is it so hard to find someone who:
1) Is relatively young (18-25) (Aka old enough that their age won't hold us back as far as eligible gigs are concerned, but also young enough that they're full of youthful ambition and not worried about their wife/kids/making money as a necessity)
2) Considerably skilled on their instrument (with a decent knowledge of Music Theory)
3) Wants to play live shows of original material (maybe some covers for fun), but is primarily concerned with writing songs to demo for record labels/management
4) Wants to have a form of creative input but is comfortable with someone else (me) basically writing the songs (musically) and present them for arrangement by a group.

That's basically the 4 things I'm looking for - in addition to the obvious (desire to play our style of music). Who knew it would be so difficult to find someone who fits into more than 2 of the categories at the same time. :bouville:

Just sucks because Brian is no doubt far more experienced than we are (and owns his own recording studio), and hooking up with someone in a band with an international record deal (very revered in the Prog Metal Community), would probably bring in a lot of new support. But yeah, I unfortunately think the idealogical differences would probably come between us.

And someone who doesn't leave you 3 years later for a deathcore band :bouville:

TonyD
06-18-2010, 03:11 PM
I feel for you, and it's especially harder now that music has become very niche-oriented.

Dextrimental
06-18-2010, 05:29 PM
I think the hardest part os being in a band is finding people who share your vision, like enough that you both wanna push the band in the same direction and not relent til you get somewhere, and of course being dedicated enough to the band that nothing else matters.. Iv yet to find this with anyone, even my best friend, whom I love beyond measure (yes its a bromance, get over it! ;))

mankvill
06-18-2010, 05:31 PM
The only time I've ever jammed with people, the "lead" guy wanted us to cover Staind songs, so that didn't last long.

ChildrenofSodom
06-18-2010, 07:23 PM
By this time tomorrow, I will have all the necessary training to conceal carry a firearm in the State of Ohio.

rjturtle9
06-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Me and Andrew are off to Maiden!

:rocker:

idrinkwine732
06-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Me and Andrew are off to Maiden!

:rocker:

Don't forget event shirt info if they have one!

mankvill
06-19-2010, 01:36 PM
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/139/l_dc81f7fadaa040218f7d98e85edf3657.jpg

FUCK PORTLAND

Maiden33
06-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Taking some time to listen to some audio we recorded at band rehearsal today... continuing our writing of new material. We're up to 4 brand new songs completed. My goal is to write enough material for a new full-length album by the end of the year, and at this rate, provided we don't get deterred, we'll be accomplishing that. All 4 new songs are within the 4.5-6 minute length-bracket, but cover a fairly wide range of dynamics. Once we get these all under control and fully finished/arranged, we're probably gonna start on one of the "epic" ideas... I have two basic concepts under my belt - one that I want to turn into an 8-ish minute song, somewhat similiar to the structure of a newer Maiden song (slow intro, loose build, eventual gallop/fast sections), and the other is probably going to turn into something 10+ minutes long - the most ambitious thing we'll have ever undertaken.

We also nailed the special song we're planning on covering at our show on July 17th. :D :rocker:

Now, if we could only find a permanent bassist. :(

Dextrimental
06-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Taking some time to listen to some audio we recorded at band rehearsal today... continuing our writing of new material. We're up to 4 brand new songs completed. My goal is to write enough material for a new full-length album by the end of the year, and at this rate, provided we don't get deterred, we'll be accomplishing that. All 4 new songs cover are within the 4.5-6 minute lenght-bracket, but cover a fairly wide range of dynamics. Once we get these all under control and fully finished/arranged, we're probably gonna start on one of the "epic" ideas... I have two basic concepts under my belt - one that I want to turn into an 8-ish minute song, somewhat similiar to the structure of a newer Maiden song (slow intro, loose build, eventual gallop/fast sections), and the other is probably going to turn into something 10+ minutes long - the most ambitious thing we'll have ever undertaken.

We also nailed the special song we're planning on covering at our show on July 17th. :D :rocker:

congrats dude, good to hear its comin together somewhat! Id be interested in hearing those epics when they come together :)

mankvill
06-19-2010, 07:37 PM

I'll send you my audition!

Maiden33
06-19-2010, 08:01 PM
I'll send you my audition!

As long as you're prepared to move within an hour's drive from me, go for it. :D

Hey, you'd get to see Maiden! ;)

MPF
06-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Just got back from a HUGE practice I had with my band Shattered. This Wednesday, we are playing a huge show at The Rock in Maplewood, Minnesota.

I know that doesn't sound that impressive reading it, but the last time last year I was there, I watched Testament kickass and received Eric Peterson's setlist!

TonyD
06-20-2010, 12:15 AM
Just got back from a HUGE practice I had with my band Shattered. This Wednesday, we are playing a huge show at The Rock in Maplewood, Minnesota.

I know that doesn't sound that impressive reading it, but the last time last year I was there, I watched Testament kickass and received Eric Peterson's setlist!

That's gotta be fun. I've played/am playing the venue where I saw Kylesa last. I hope I can still smell Laura Pleasants :drool:

idrinkwine732
06-20-2010, 12:22 AM
That's gotta be fun. I've played/am playing the venue where I saw Kylesa last. I hope I can still smell Laura Pleasants :drool:

Where's that/what's your band named?

idrinkwine732
06-20-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm getting frustrated with all these fake Iron Maiden setlists...

Maiden33
06-20-2010, 08:01 AM
Yeah, it's always neat to play at a venue where you've seen a band you really like - I've been able to do that a couple of times. The best was playing on the same stage as Jon Oliva's Pain/Circle II Circle/Manticora... on the same night. One of the coolest days of my life, everyone treated us so well.

IrritatedTrout
06-20-2010, 08:11 AM
I'm getting frustrated with all these fake Iron Maiden setlists...

The permanent set is Dallas with Wrathchild swapped for BTATS and Pasch and DoD rotating. Don't even give any other information the time of day because it's a lie.

Maiden33
06-20-2010, 08:13 AM
The permanent set is Dallas with Wrathchild swapped for BTATS and Pasch and DoD rotating. Don't even give any other information the time of day because it's a lie.

I think that's a bit drastic. All of these Twitter posts can go to hell, but if someone posted online, after the show, that say, they dropped Running Free for Run to the Hills, or something of that general nature - I'd consider believing it. Given what they've done on this tour thus far, another minor change wouldn't be out of the question. But anyone suggesting anything that hasn't been played in the last couple of years is wrong - plain and simple.

IrritatedTrout
06-20-2010, 08:22 AM
No one reliable posts stuff like that though, almost all this BS comes from anonymous sources on setlist.fm. I saw one saying they played Sea of Madness, CSIT, ROTAM, Stranger in a Strange Land, and Powerslave in LA.:lol:

IrritatedTrout
06-20-2010, 08:23 AM

Eddie eating highways like spaghetti!

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/edmaiden80/Iron%20Maiden%20-%20San%20Bernadino%20-%20June%2019th%202010/?albumview=slideshow

idrinkwine732
06-20-2010, 09:14 AM

Yeah, see, I don't think we can quite say that yet. I don't believe what happened yesterday, with stuff like Caught Somewhere in Time making the list, but just it's presence makes me frustrated.

IrritatedTrout
06-20-2010, 10:10 AM
6 shows with the same set. Unless they change something for Canada, I'd say it's set in stone.

Maiden33
06-20-2010, 10:16 AM
6 shows with the same set. Unless they change something for Canada, I'd say it's set in stone.

Or the final show! (Fingers crossed!)

Wait... what am I talking about? If they change anything, unless it's adding instead of swapping, it's almost a guarantee it's gonna be worse.

idrinkwine732
06-20-2010, 10:17 AM

I'm not saying it's likely, but I'm saying it's not impossible.

IrritatedTrout
06-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Or the final show! (Fingers crossed!)

Wait... what am I talking about? If they change anything, unless it's adding instead of swapping, it's almost a guarantee it's gonna be worse.

Yeah, that's why I REALLY hope nothing changes.

TonyD
06-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Where's that/what's your band named?

DNA, Extortion

MPF
06-20-2010, 10:59 AM

Nice. I remember seeing Kylesa last year open for Mastodon, I was about 15 feet away from Laura.... :drool:

Yeah, it's always neat to play at a venue where you've seen a band you really like - I've been able to do that a couple of times. The best was playing on the same stage as Jon Oliva's Pain/Circle II Circle/Manticora... on the same night. One of the coolest days of my life, everyone treated us so well.

That had to be a hell of a show. just to be able to be on the stage where 3/4 of Savatage will be playing *two different bands obviously* That had to have some real Metal Magic that night. :rocker:

Maiden33
06-20-2010, 11:02 AM
That had to be a hell of a show. just to be able to be on the stage where 3/4 of Savatage will be playing *two different bands obviously* That had to have some real Metal Magic that night. :rocker:

Yeah, it was really awesome. We covered Savatage's "Strange Wings" as well, which was really neat, got a great response.

rjturtle9
06-20-2010, 11:17 AM

Andrew took pics of all the shirts but the event shit :lol:

It was ugly though. Not worth the money. Cool concept, but didn't work. It was Eddie eating the freeway with Hollywood and downtown in the back. It's an event shirt for all of California, not just L.A. so it kinda sucks for the Concord people since it's all L.A. in the background of the artwork.

MPF
06-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Yeah, it was really awesome. We covered Savatage's "Strange Wings" as well, which was really neat, got a great response.

Great song to choose. Hopefully the guys heard your version and dug it. I know I would.

idrinkwine732
06-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Andrew took pics of all the shirts but the event shit :lol:

It was ugly though. Not worth the money. Cool concept, but didn't work. It was Eddie eating the freeway with Hollywood and downtown in the back. It's an event shirt for all of California, not just L.A. so it kinda sucks for the Concord people since it's all L.A. in the background of the artwork.

Don't worry about it, I saw it. I thought it was okay, a maybe buy.

TonyD
06-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Better than the last tour, I don't even think there was a California event shirt, just LA.

mankvill
06-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Got a Mayhem Fest shirt from last year?

There's no KC date on the back of the shirt.

:bouville:

TonyD
06-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Cause the Royals and Chiefs suck

So I think I'm gonna see Toy Story Tuesday and try to sneak into the Big Four thing after.

mankvill
06-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Cause the Royals and Chiefs suck

CHIEFS ARE GOING ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR*

*they'll win 6 games

mankvill
06-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Hey indie-bro's:

Jeff Mangum played a 5-song acoustic NMH set for a fundraiser for his friend last month.

Setlist:

"Oh Comely"
"A Baby for Pree"/"Where You'll Find Me Now"
"Two Headed Boy Pt. 2"
"In the Aeroplane Over the Sea"
"Engine"

mastodon421
06-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Just downloaded the new Parkway Drive,Nachtmystium and Black Tusk albums. About to engage in my 1st listens.

daimonos
06-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Just downloaded the new Parkway Drive,Nachtmystium and Black Tusk albums. About to engage in my 1st listens.

Awesome album.

Right now I'm downloading my digital copy of Scream that ticketmaster sent me.

xStructualDefect
06-21-2010, 09:12 PM

give me an update how the new Parkway Drive is. i really dug the other 2 albums but this sounds much more different. although i did like Unrest a lot.

idrinkwine732
06-21-2010, 09:52 PM
I liked the Nachtmystium. Not top 10 material, but it was good.

mastodon421
06-22-2010, 07:32 AM
give me an update how the new Parkway Drive is. i really dug the other 2 albums but this sounds much more different. although i did like Unrest a lot.

It is a lot different but I actually liked it a good amount. They tried something a little different and it clicks for the most part.

Nachtmystium is alright. I think it will take some time to grow on me but I give them major props for trying something even more out-there than what they did on Assassins.

Black Tusk was surprisingly the weakest of the 3 to me. The riffs were great but the vocals were pretty shitty. Big letdown I heard such great things about them.

daimonos
06-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Nachtmystium is alright. I think it will take some time to grow on me but I give them major props for trying something even more out-there than what they did on Assassins.

Nachtmystium was a grower for me, but I'm a fan of all of their stuff, and I'm into different shit like that sometimes :lol:

Maiden33
06-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Negotiating the sale of my ProgPower USA XI tickets. :(

It was a nice dream while it lasted, but there's just no way I'm gonna be able to pull it off, and I could use the money on the tickets back + what I did have put away right now.

Natrlhi
06-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Watching Anthrax play "Madhouse" on a screen that's about 20' high by 40' wide. Pretty cool. I think this is gonna be fun. :fist:

mankvill
06-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Wondering if I should go see The Big Four movie tonight or not...

evildeadjedi
06-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Watching Anthrax play "Madhouse" on a screen that's about 20' high by 40' wide. Pretty cool. I think this is gonna be fun. :fist:

Are there a ton of metal heads there? Any moshing in the aisles?? :D ;)

ravenheart
06-22-2010, 04:09 PM

At Odeon Leicester Square in London (the one where all the red carpet premieres happen) during Slayer's set a load of the people downstairs rushed the front to head bang like a regular front row. Then during Seek And Destroy they jumped up on the stage bit in front of the screen and created a mini mosh pit.

Natrlhi
06-22-2010, 04:20 PM
No, and no. There are metalheads, but the place isn't packed (yet?). No moshing so far, but hell - I myself might decide to change that. ;)

BTW, Anthrax is officially a pretty badass "opening act". :D

Natrlhi
06-22-2010, 04:24 PM
It's raining during Megadeth's set. :lol:

Dear Dave: That's what you get for being a bitch. :finger:

makethemsuffer12
06-22-2010, 04:43 PM
At Odeon Leicester Square in London (the one where all the red carpet premieres happen) during Slayer's set a load of the people downstairs rushed the front to head bang like a regular front row. Then during Seek And Destroy they jumped up on the stage bit in front of the screen and created a mini mosh pit.

Haha that's awesome. Probably wouldn't happen here though :bouville:

evildeadjedi
06-22-2010, 04:53 PM

Wow that's pretty sweet :lol: :horns:

DethMaiden
06-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Putting all of my concert info into a tidy Excel document. No room for setlists though, so let's pray this site never, ever dies. :lol:

Maiden33
06-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Putting all of my concert info into a tidy Excel document. No room for setlists though, so let's pray this site never, ever dies. :lol:

Just make a Word document with them all in, like I have.

DethMaiden
06-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Just make a Word document with them all in, like I have.

One thing at a time. I probably will eventually do that but this is enough of a headache.

Maiden33
06-22-2010, 07:38 PM
One thing at a time. I probably will eventually do that but this is enough of a headache.

Ah, I have everything logged with a ridiculous precision. I swear I should be a statistician for how great my book-keeping skills are when it comes to music (or really anything I care about).

mankvill
06-22-2010, 07:40 PM

concert info?

Maiden33
06-22-2010, 07:42 PM
concert info?

I'm guessing he means band/date/venue/city for all the shows he's been to.

DethMaiden
06-22-2010, 07:42 PM
concert info?

Columns are: date, headliner, support, venue, city, company (as in who I went with), merch bought.

Things I can remember with 99% accuracy now but won't be able to as time goes on and might be curious about someday.

Maiden33
06-22-2010, 07:44 PM
I only ever mention support if I at least thought they were solid. Happens way less often than it should.

DethMaiden
06-22-2010, 07:45 PM
I only ever mention support if I at least thought they were solid. Happens way less often than it should.

Doesn't mean you didn't see 'em. I prefer to be thorough. If someone asks me in twenty years, "Did you ever see Bullet for My Valentine?", I will be able with total assurance to say, "Yes, I did, on April 6, 2006, opening for Rob Zombie. If I remember correctly, they were fucking godawful."

:D

Maiden33
06-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Doesn't mean you didn't see 'em. I prefer to be thorough. If someone asks me in twenty years, "Did you ever see Bullet for My Valentine?", I will be able with total assurance to say, "Yes, I did, on April 6, 2006, opening for Rob Zombie. If I remember correctly, they were fucking godawful."

:D

Well I guess national touring support is one thing. But most of the support I have to endure is not.

DethMaiden
06-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Well I guess national touring support is one thing. But most of the support I have to endure is not.

Fair enough. Around here, local bands generally aren't support unless the entire gig is local bands or if the headliner is touring alone (that's only happened to me once or twice).

P.S., fuck merch bought. I can't remember for most of these shows.

mankvill
06-22-2010, 07:51 PM
But that's what Last.Fm (http://www.last.fm/user/mankvill/events) is for!

Maiden33
06-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Fair enough. Around here, local bands generally aren't support unless the entire gig is local bands or if the headliner is touring alone (that's only happened to me once or twice).

P.S., fuck merch bought. I can't remember for most of these shows.

I wish I could say the same. Unfortunately I've had to deal with all too many cases of venues piling on local support... seriously as many as like 6 or so local support bands, before the direct support band, before the headliner. It's terrible.

You should come Facebook chat so we can discuss this at length. :D

DethMaiden
06-22-2010, 07:53 PM
But that's what Last.Fm (http://www.last.fm/user/mankvill/events) is for!

Hate that layout. Excel is really clean and will definitely outlast that website anyway. :tongue:

DethMaiden
06-22-2010, 07:54 PM
You should come Facebook chat so we can discuss this at length. :D

Isn't working for me right now for whatever reason. Lack of use, perhaps?

Maiden33
06-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Isn't working for me right now for whatever reason. Lack of use, perhaps?

:(

I'd suggest AIM, but I'm guessing that'd be a no.

DethMaiden
06-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Finished up the doc. Some fun facts:
-I've seen 74 concerts. I thought it was more. Guess it isn't.
-Unsurprisingly, the top 3 cities I've seen shows in are Dayton (24), Columbus (19), and Cincinnati (14).
-I ended up saying the hell with it on company for shows too. Way too hard to remember all of them. If I did, es156, Chyck, and NatrlHi would be getting shoutouts. :D

Maiden33
06-22-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm bored so I crunched the numbers myself...

82 shows total. There are a couple of shows I've been to that were not included for one reason or another - mostly because they were just local things I went to on a whim, but wouldn't have gone to if I hadn't gotten in for free or something.

The leading city, unsurprisingly, is Allentown, PA (26). This is unfortunate because I don't really care much for any of the venues here in Allentown, but oh well. Second to Allentown is New York, NY, which including immediate surrounding areas (ie Queens) is at 16. Philadelphia then follows with 13. Aside from that, nothing has more than 2 or 3.

2008 is the year in which I went to the most shows (19).

mankvill
06-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Finished up the doc. Some fun facts:
-I've seen 74 concerts. I thought it was more. Guess it isn't.

77 for me! Suck it!

mankvill
06-22-2010, 11:54 PM
2001: one concert
2004: two concerts
2005: one concert
2006: two concerts (and first metal concert)
2007: nine concerts
2008: twenty-one concerts
2009: twenty-six concerts
2010: fifteen concerts so far

Most in one month: six in May 2010

Seen eleven shows at 3 different venues, The Granada, The Bottleneck (both in Lawrence) and The Beaumont Club (KC). Farthest away is Sonar in Baltimore, second is Slowdown in Omaha.

Most bands seeon on one day: 13 (Warped Tour 2008)
Most bands seen on one day (non-festival date): 6 (Havok @ Scion Lab in May of this year)

idrinkwine732
06-22-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm struggling just to go to 20 this year.

I'm at 12 just half way through the year.

Fires Of Sedition
06-23-2010, 12:05 AM
I've seen like...three shows this year. :(

mankvill
06-23-2010, 12:06 AM
I've got at least 12 for sure scheduled remaning this year.

mankvill
06-23-2010, 12:10 AM
I've seen like...three shows this year. :(

come to more here ^_^

Fires Of Sedition
06-23-2010, 12:14 AM
come to more here ^_^

I fear for my life in that God forsaken cow shit odor filled hole known as Kansas.

If Lamb Of God skips out on Oklahoma next NA tour, I'll come up. :lol:

mankvill
06-23-2010, 12:20 AM
I fear for my life in that God forsaken cow shit odor filled hole known as Kansas.

If Lamb Of God skips out on Oklahoma next NA tour, I'll come up. :lol:

http://beaumontkc.com/images/uploads/body_beaumont/lambofgodflyer.jpg

go buck fukken wild

Fires Of Sedition
06-23-2010, 12:30 AM
http://www.zooamp.com/assets/images/10-MAYHEM-POS-600.jpg

Gay ass venue

rjturtle9
06-23-2010, 12:39 AM
I have 3 separate lists on microsoft word to keep track of my concerts.

One for Shows I have been too: Headliner, Date, Venue

Bands I have seen: Name of band with Number of times next to them

And upcoming shows, kinda like a calendar. keeps me on track.

mankvill
06-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Gay ass venue

Gay ass show. ;)

treghet
06-23-2010, 04:15 AM
Gay ass show. ;)

Seconded. ;)

makethemsuffer12
06-23-2010, 06:01 AM
After counting, I've been to 34 shows, after regularly attending shows since late 2006/2007. I didn't count, but the majority of them were probably in NYC, with areas of LI, Jersey coming after it. And 1 in Connecticut.

Natrlhi
06-23-2010, 07:06 AM
This show-tracking business would be quite difficult for me, considering I started going to shows before Excel or Word, before the Internet, and for that matter before personal computers. All I have is memories - and some of those are quite hazy at best. :eyes:

Fuckballs, I feel old all of a sudden. :(

But shit, I'm still not even forty yet; I could probably outrun, out-swim, out-play or out-lift most of the people on this board; and I'm more than fifteen years younger than one of my good buddies that I enjoy going to metal shows with - so fuck it, right?

There - now I feel young again. :D

EDIT: For those wondering how far back I'm talking about, my first metal show was AC/DC on tour for the Who Made Who album on September 10, 1986 at Blossom Music Center (an outdoor amphitheater). It's also the first time I ever got drunk. :realchug: :drinking: :naughty:

The set list was:
Who Made Who
Shot Down in Flames
Back in Black
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Fly on the Wall
She's Got Balls
Jailbreak
The Jack
Shoot to Thrill
You Shook Me All Night Long
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock
Highway to Hell
T.N.T.
Hells Bells
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

(Thank you, Interwebs!)

mastodon421
06-23-2010, 07:44 AM
http://www.zooamp.com/assets/images/10-MAYHEM-POS-600.jpg

Gay ass venue

That's too bad doesn't Oklahoma City always get shafted for bands on Mayhem as well? I believe last year I heard Black Dahlia Murder and God Forbid didn't play in Oklahoma City.

powerslave_85
06-23-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm sitting in the Seattle airport waiting to go home after a fucking amazing day and concert yesterday. I'll have a write-up for the show later tonight, but it was the same setlist obviously.

Maiden33
06-23-2010, 09:14 AM
77 for me! Suck it!

82 for me! Suck it more! :D

Though you apparently didn't go to shit until like 3 years ago and are now just going nuts. :lol:

evildeadjedi
06-23-2010, 09:43 AM
This is very challenging since I have been going to shows since '89 and I didn't keep track back at that time.

Currently, I'm at 220 and I try to average nine shows a year.

Most popular venue is:
First, Newport Music Hall in Columbus, Ohio with 55 shows.
Second, The Agora Theater in Cleveland, Ohio with 45.
Third, Bogart's in Cincinnati, Ohio is third with 40.

The other 80 are from places like:

Cleveland - Nautica Stage, Tower City Amphitheater, The Odeon, Peabody's Downunder, The Grog Shop, Phantasy Theater, and The House of Blues.

Columbus - Alrosa Villa, Skully's Music Diner, The Schott, Nationwide Arena, Polaris Amphitheater, Bernie's Distillery, The Summit, Ruby Tuesday, Ohio State Fair, Carabar, High-Five, Ravari Room, Brewery District Pavilion, LC Pavilion, and The Basement.

Cincinnati - Sudsy Malones, Riverbend Amphitheater, and Riverfront Stadium.

Dayton - Hara Arena

Bellfoitaine - The Blue Cat

Toledo - The Main Event, Headliners

Cuyahoga Falls - Blossom Music Center

Youngstown - The Attic

Akron - Asylum

Louisville, Ky - Headliners

Indianapolis, IN - Vogue

Pittsburgh, PA - Palace Theater

Champaign/Urbana, IL - The Canopy Club

Knoxville, TN - Valarium

Myrtle Beach, SC - House of Blues

Orlando, FL - House of Blues

MPF
06-23-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm going to go teach a drum lesson at 3pm CST, then I'm on my way to go kick some ass at the Rock in Maplewood Minnesota with my band Shattered.

For inspiration, I'm wearing my Testament workshirt that I bought the last time I was at The Rock.

For those interested, I'm taping the show tonight and putting it up on youtube, I'll put all the information in the Musicians section in my Shattered thread.

daimonos
06-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Pittsburgh, PA - Palace Theater

Strange that out of all venues in Pittsburgh, you have been to this one. (It's actually in Greensburg). I say that because there are hardly ever metal shows there, but this year that's where the Megadeth and Mastodon tours both went.

I went to the Mastodon show and I thought it was a pretty cool place, it could just do without the seats.

Natrlhi
06-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Newport Music Hall in Columbus
The Agora Theater in Cleveland
Cleveland - Nautica Stage, Tower City Amphitheater, The Odeon, Peabody's Downunder, The Grog Shop, Phantasy Theater, and The House of Blues.
Columbus - Skully's Music Diner
Toledo - Headliners
Cuyahoga Falls - Blossom Music CenterWow - clearly you and I have even more musical history and tastes in common than I thought. I've been to all these venues over the years as well (plus several others you haven't, but those were mainly outside of Ohio). I know we like a lot of the same bands and sub-genres, and now I come to find out that we're very similar in age, too. If your most visited venue weren't the Newport in Columbus, I'd have been willing to bet you're actually somebody I know (or a friend of someone I know). :D

I wonder if I've been to over two hundred shows...might be close. I've toyed around with the idea of listing them - maybe I'll give it a shot someday soon.

evildeadjedi
06-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Strange that out of all venues in Pittsburgh, you have been to this one. (It's actually in Greensburg). I say that because there are hardly ever metal shows there, but this year that's where the Megadeth and Mastodon tours both went.

I went to the Mastodon show and I thought it was a pretty cool place, it could just do without the seats.

The only show I saw there was G3 in '07 (Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Paul Gilbert) :).

I have never been to any other concerts in PA (not sure why though probably cause none of my buddies attended school in the area).

Wow - clearly you and I have even more musical history and tastes in common than I thought. I've been to all these venues over the years as well (plus several others you haven't, but those were mainly outside of Ohio). I know we like a lot of the same bands and sub-genres, and now I come to find out that we're very similar in age, too. If your most visited venue weren't the Newport in Columbus, I'd have been willing to bet you're actually somebody I know (or a friend of someone I know). :D

I wonder if I've been to over two hundred shows...might be close. I've toyed around with the idea of listing them - maybe I'll give it a shot someday soon.

I never ventured much out of state for shows but sometimes while on vacation (Myrtle Beach, Orlando, Knoxville, etc) I was lucky enough to catch one. There are couple of places I didn't name in Ohio but they either don't exist anymore or were festivals in the middle of nowhere :lol: . Yes, you are still my elder but I'm nearly the big three O :lol: .Agora and Bogart's were pretty much my second homes because if a band didn't play Newport they always played either Bogart's or Agora Theater. Strangely, though I have not seen a show at the Agora for several years. I credit some of my friends for why I have been able to see so many shows. I had two attend UC and they had an apartment off Vine Street so Bogart's was just across the street. Another buddy of mine attended Cleveland State and lived near Peabody's Downunder and the Agora Theater. I'm willing to bet you have been to over two hundred shows.

idrinkwine732
06-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Fuckballs, I feel old all of a sudden. :(

You've been watching bands live longer than I've been alive.

Fires Of Sedition
06-23-2010, 11:33 AM
That's too bad doesn't Oklahoma City always get shafted for bands on Mayhem as well? I believe last year I heard Black Dahlia Murder and God Forbid didn't play in Oklahoma City.

Never been to a Mayhem Fest, but my friends who went last year didn't mention BDM or GF. They mainly complained about white chapel.

Chyck
06-23-2010, 02:43 PM
2010: fifteen concerts so far

21 so far this year ;)

... would have been 23 except for the Alcest debacle and Isis selling out

Of course, about 25% of these are local shows, with that percentage growing every week.

Maiden33
06-23-2010, 02:53 PM
I'd like to note that my numbers would be about triple what they are if I wasn't always broke.

ravenheart
06-23-2010, 02:59 PM
I can't be bothered to back count. It's something knocking in 200 shows since 2002, plus six or seven festivals.

This year 14 shows, 1 festival, 7 fucking cancellations.

Chyck
06-23-2010, 03:08 PM
I'd like to note that my numbers would be about triple what they are if I wasn't always broke.

... and mine would be quadruple that if I didn't have to work, sleep, eat, etc. I think we'd ALL like to go to more shows.

SomewhereInTime72
06-23-2010, 08:18 PM
I've seen two shows this year. That's all. ...And I'm oddly ok with it.

xStructualDefect
06-23-2010, 08:33 PM
i've seen 3 shows this year so far. my gap from mid feb to mid june was the longest i've ever gone without going to a show.

TonyD
06-23-2010, 08:34 PM
I've only been to one, plus one or two local shows I didn't pay for, so idk if those count. The only reason I'm ok with it is that it was Mastodon, High on Fire, Baroness and Priestess.

DethMaiden
06-23-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm at eight gigs so far, with three for sure on the calendar, maybe four, probably more when it's all said and done.

My average since I started seriously going to shows is like 15, which I'm pretty satisfied with. Honestly, I'd be satisfied with 12, because I consider months where I get to see more than one show crazy awesome and certainly do not expect them.

TonyD
06-23-2010, 09:52 PM
I actually hate that because shows tend to pile up in the fall during school, so I have to deal with getting work done ahead of time, going half awake the next day, etc. During summer most of the tours are packages/festivals which usually suck, so I hardly see anything.

idrinkwine732
06-23-2010, 10:40 PM
I've only been to one, plus one or two local shows I didn't pay for, so idk if those count. The only reason I'm ok with it is that it was Mastodon, High on Fire, Baroness and Priestess.

High on Fire are playing a show here on Saturday.

Fires Of Sedition
06-24-2010, 01:04 AM
http://beaumontkc.com/images/uploads/body_beaumont/lambofgodflyer.jpg

go buck fukken wild

Yeah...some friends and I are going to this.

TonyD
06-24-2010, 01:07 AM
High on Fire are playing a show here on Saturday.

WAT WARE

Never mind, found it, I'm there.

mastodon421
06-24-2010, 04:14 AM
I have only been to 3 shows so far this year. I have got at least 3 in July and A few more coming up as well.

daimonos
06-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Gettin Pumped for the GWAR concert tonight!!!

idrinkwine732
06-24-2010, 10:34 AM
WAT WARE

Never mind, found it, I'm there.

I was skeptical when I saw it, but it's confirmed. I think I'll be there as well.

Butcher of Birth
06-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Back stage working Video Tech for the stage performance of "Singin' In The Rain"! I have a lot of down time, so I thought I'd post on here! But they blocked Facebook, so... shit hahaha :lol:

"Singin' In The Rain" Linkage (http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20106230323)

Maiden33
06-24-2010, 09:54 PM
I am now the second guitarist in the New Jersey-based Queensryche tribute band Queen of the Ryche! Had my audition tonight and things went really well, I was given new stuff to work on, and we're gonna be reconvening on July 15th. We probably won't be booking shows for a while and not playing til the fall, but when they were active a couple of years ago, they played top-circuit clubs, and I'll actually be getting paid to do shows. Regular money making music on the side. W00t.

SomewhereInTime72
06-24-2010, 09:59 PM
I am now the second guitarist in the New Jersey-based Queensryche tribute band Queen of the Ryche! Had my audition tonight and things went really well, I was given new stuff to work on, and we're gonna be reconvening on July 15th. We probably won't be booking shows for a while and not playing til the fall, but when they were active a couple of years ago, they played top-circuit clubs, and I'll actually be getting paid to do shows. Regular money making music on the side. W00t.

Congrats!

Maiden33
06-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Congrats!

Unfortunately now the real work begins. Queensryche stuff is about 10x harder than it sounds to the average person. Easy on the ears, hard on the fingers. Harmonized solos = hell.

SomewhereInTime72
06-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Unfortunately now the real work begins. Queensryche stuff is about 10x harder than it sounds to the average person. Easy on the ears, hard on the fingers. Harmonized solos = hell.

Yeah, Ryche have quite a few challenging songs. I would think that working the solos out between 2 guitarists must be interesting/fun in its difficulty though. ;) Good luck.

Maiden33
06-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Yeah, Ryche have quite a few challenging songs. I would think that working the solos out between 2 guitarists must be interesting/fun in its difficulty though. ;) Good luck.

Yeah, not to mention I have to learn practically every song through Empire.

The only songs from the EP and first 4 full-length albums I DON'T have to learn (at least they're not on the full song list I was given - no deadline, but gradually I need to build them all in) are Nightrider, Blinded, Deliverance, NM 156, The Whisper, Gonna Get Close to You, Chemical Youth, Screaming in Digital, Best I Can, Resistance, Hand On Heart, and One and Only.

Edit: And for the record, this is what I know:

Full songs, 100%: Queen of the Reich, Take Hold of the Flame, No Sanctuary, Walk in the Shadows, london, I Will Remember, Anarchy X/Revolution Calling, Operation:Mindcrime, Spreading the Disease, The Mission, I Don't Believe in love, Eyes of a Stranger, Empire, Jet City Woman, Silent lucidity.

Partial songs (missing solos/leads/etc I have to work on): The lady Wore Black, Warning, The Killing Words, Speak, The Needle lies, Breaking the Silence, The Thin line, and Anybody listening.

Everything else, I'm basically start from scratch.

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-25-2010, 04:12 AM
Having a titanium rod in your chest is no fun :bouville:

Div
06-25-2010, 04:44 AM
Having a titanium rod in your chest is no fun :bouville:

pics or didnt happen

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-25-2010, 04:52 AM
pics or didnt happen

Unfortunately they didn't give me any pictures. All I have is a stupid necklace that says "This guy has a metal rod in his chest, so relax." That's the best I got :bouville:

xStructualDefect
06-25-2010, 06:17 AM
off to WARPED TOUR!

Maiden33
06-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Just found out that I might get to go to Ozzfest to see Halford for free, and meet the band (including ROY Z and Bobby Jarzombek). Excellent news. I could give a fuck about anything else, but I'd love to see Halford solo.

Crionics
06-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Just found out that I might get to go to Ozzfest to see Halford for free, and meet the band (including ROY Z and Bobby Jarzombek). Excellent news. I could give a fuck about anything else, but I'd love to see Halford solo.

Oh how did your audition go?

Maiden33
06-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Oh how did your audition go?

Really well. Barring anyone changing their mind, I'm in. I was invited back to play with them again on July 15th.

Crionics
06-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Really well. Barring anyone changing their mind, I'm in. I was invited back to play with them again on July 15th.

Good job! :party:

The 1 time I auditioned for a band, I was invited back but I couldn't go cause I wouldn't be able to get a ride to their place frequently enough.

TonyD
06-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Unfortunately they didn't give me any pictures. All I have is a stupid necklace that says "This guy has a metal rod in his chest, so relax." That's the best I got :bouville:

Sounds like you need one of those d-bag t shirts; "I got a metal rod in my chest and all they gave me was this shirt".

makethemsuffer12
06-25-2010, 02:34 PM
98 on my US History Regents! :party:

JRA
06-26-2010, 12:28 AM
If there was a serial killer who only killed cops, would the people cry out for help? Probably not.

makethemsuffer12
06-26-2010, 06:14 AM
If there was a serial killer who only killed cops, would the people cry out for help? Probably not.

Is "Cop Killer" giving you any ideas?

TonyD
06-27-2010, 10:26 AM
OZZY OSBOURNE On ZAKK WYLDE: 'It Was Hard For Me To Be Around Someone Who Is Actively Drinking' - June 27, 2010
Facepalm of the day.

es156
06-27-2010, 11:29 AM
This show-tracking business would be quite difficult for me, considering I started going to shows before Excel or Word, before the Internet, and for that matter before personal computers. All I have is memories - and some of those are quite hazy at best. :eyes:

For the record, 1986 was not "before" personal computers. I started taking programming classes in 1986. I bought my first PC in 1987 and I started tracking my concert data in a database in 1988.

JRA
06-27-2010, 11:40 AM
For the record, 1986 was not "before" personal computers. I started taking programming classes in 1986. I bought my first PC in 1987 and I started tracking my concert data in a database in 1988.

We need a smarmy mockery smiley.

Maiden33
06-27-2010, 12:04 PM

PWNED

Crionics
06-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Actually I'm thinking of making some sort of document for my concers..what kind of format does everybody here use?

idrinkwine732
06-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Actually I'm thinking of making some sort of document for my concers..what kind of format does everybody here use?

I have a folder for every show I've been to, that has all of the pictures, setlists, etc. It's starting to fill up quite a bit, but that's what I do.

mankvill
06-27-2010, 12:45 PM
We need a smarmy mockery smiley.

:ass:

Crionics
06-27-2010, 01:01 PM
I have a folder for every show I've been to, that has all of the pictures, setlists, etc. It's starting to fill up quite a bit, but that's what I do.

That's a good idea! What I did for now is I created an Excel with A being the date, B being the Venue, and the other letters being the artists that performed from C being the headliner to the last letter being the opener. Although I ommited some bands If I didn't go for them/Don't like them, Like 11/21/09 I had to sit through Suicide Silence and Arcanium to see Megadeth and Machine Head, I didn't write the first 2 bands in my log :tongue:, However If I saw band and was impressed and later checked out their material, like I did for Valient Thorr when I saw them open for Mastodon, I put them in.

idrinkwine732
06-27-2010, 01:39 PM
That's a good idea! What I did for now is I created an Excel with A being the date, B being the Venue, and the other letters being the artists that performed from C being the headliner to the last letter being the opener. Although I ommited some bands If I didn't go for them/Don't like them, Like 11/21/09 I had to sit through Suicide Silence and Arcanium to see Megadeth and Machine Head, I didn't write the first 2 bands in my log :tongue:, However If I saw band and was impressed and later checked out their material, like I did for Valient Thorr when I saw them open for Mastodon, I put them in.

I just made an excel file with A as year and number of show that year, B the date and C- as the lineup. It looks something like this.

1 ...
2 ...
3 3/14/10 Suidakra Cormorant Ashkira

Venue is a good idea too...

Maiden33
06-27-2010, 07:43 PM
My band may have settled on a name to change our name too. :party:

mankvill
06-27-2010, 07:47 PM

Anal Cunt is already taken!

Maiden33
06-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Anal Cunt is already taken!

DAMN.

:lol:

ChildrenofSodom
06-27-2010, 08:32 PM

I hope you're better than these guys. (http://www.break.com/index/chick-faceplants-at-worst-band-ever.html)

Maiden33
06-27-2010, 08:35 PM
I hope you're better than these guys. (http://www.break.com/index/chick-faceplants-at-worst-band-ever.html)

Have you actually never heard us or was that just an excuse to set up that video? :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
06-28-2010, 06:27 AM
Have you actually never heard us or was that just an excuse to set up that video? :lol:

Yeah, I've heard Necromance...and I've seen you play before online. Is it the same people this time around?

And yeah, I just wanted to post the video.

Crionics
06-28-2010, 06:50 AM

I just checked you guys out, pretty good :D

Natrlhi
06-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Fair enough. Call it "right on the cusp", if you want. It was before most folks had PC's, though. That's what I was getting at.

Sheesh. ;)

Natrlhi
06-28-2010, 09:09 AM
PWNEDBy an old fart, too. How lame is that? ;)

He probably refers to his slide rule and abacus as "personal computers", too - because they were personal items that were used to compute...but that shit don't count. ;)

By the way, I wasn't including non-IBM type computers when I made my original comment, either. I had a Commodore 64 back in seveth grade (1984) that I used to keep track of phone numbers and other meaningless shit...but mostly for games. I remember hacking onto Quantum Link for the chat rooms before there was even an Internet - the thought of communicating live with someone from Asia or wherever over the computer was so revolutionary at that time...now just look at us a decade and a half later. :eek:

TonyD
06-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Vince Neil makes me sick, what a fucking low life.

Div
06-28-2010, 02:05 PM
http://www.punkednoodle.com/champloo/wp-content/images/scans/happy-01.gif

mankvill
06-28-2010, 02:10 PM
http://www.punkednoodle.com/champloo/wp-content/images/scans/happy-01.gif

:I

Div
06-28-2010, 02:32 PM
:I

its actually pretty fucking depressing so far :(

Dextrimental
06-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Just back from Graspop, great weekend.. will put up a review and setlists tomorrow :)

es156
06-28-2010, 09:00 PM
By an old fart, too. How lame is that? ;)

He probably refers to his slide rule and abacus as "personal computers", too - because they were personal items that were used to compute...but that shit don't count. ;)

By the way, I wasn't including non-IBM type computers when I made my original comment, either. I had a Commodore 64 back in seveth grade (1984) that I used to keep track of phone numbers and other meaningless shit...but mostly for games. I remember hacking onto Quantum Link for the chat rooms before there was even an Internet - the thought of communicating live with someone from Asia or wherever over the computer was so revolutionary at that time...now just look at us a decade and a half later. :eek:

I am not talking about non-IBM type computers either. I am talking about IBM PC's. Mine was a Sharp and it ran IBM PC-DOS from a floppy disk. It was actually portable. It had an LCD screen and two 5.25" low density floppy drives. There was an external hard drive available but it cost as much as the PC itself so I didn't buy it.

And I'm not that much older than you. ;)

mankvill
06-28-2010, 09:07 PM
itt: old fogeys

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Sushi 1/2 off in the city is oh so tasteful. Spider roll was amazing as well :party:

mankvill
06-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Learning about so many upcoming shows for me. It's a happy feeling.

TonyD
06-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Learning about so many upcoming shows for me. It's a happy feeling.

All that bitching about no Kansas dates paid off.

mankvill
06-30-2010, 06:29 PM
All that bitching about no Kansas dates paid off.

Pretty much. :lol:

For every "big" tour with good bands and shitty openers, the KC area gets 2 lesser known tours with all awesome bands. And since our local bands are the best in the country, that just makes everything better. ;)

idrinkwine732
06-30-2010, 07:15 PM
And since our local bands are the best in the country, that just makes everything better. ;)

:lol::lol:You're a funny guy, I ever tell you that?:lol::lol:

mankvill
06-30-2010, 07:24 PM
:lol::lol:You're a funny guy, I ever tell you that?:lol::lol:

u jus mad cuz kc stylin on u!

TonyD
06-30-2010, 07:54 PM
No dood we got Metalicka

mankvill
06-30-2010, 08:00 PM
No dood we got Metalicka

GIMME FUE
GIMME FAI

GIMME DABAJABAZA

JRA
06-30-2010, 08:05 PM
^
:fist:

So there are claims by people (including a sort of confirmation Ritchie himself) that the Smoke on the water riff backwards is Beethoven's 9th symphony. I just listened to it on youtube and...I don't hear it.

rjturtle9
06-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Everybody knows L.A. thrash scene has the best local bands! Our pants are tighter, our shoes are higher, and our hair is longer than your poser bands! There are bands starting up every day here, and each one is just as talented as the next, because they can all play the same cover songs! I'm in like 12 thrash bands and we are all better than your Bay area and Ohio poser loser bands! THRASH TILL DEATH!

nah, seriously though, our scene sucks socks :mad:

Chyck
07-01-2010, 04:10 PM
GIMME FUE
GIMME FAI

GIMME DABAJABAZA

TIMMAH!!!!!!

daimonos
07-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Pittsburgh sucks for metal.

But we do have an awesome Black/Death Metal band that's been around for about 20 years called Sathanas. They're not from Pittsburgh, but actually from Beaver County, which is close to me.

Here's their Myspace, check them out:
www.myspace.com/sathanasmetal

I think some members of Incantation are somewhat from my area too, and Necrophagia isn't far from here I don't think. I saw Killjoy at the mall once.

TonyD
07-01-2010, 04:47 PM
TIMMAH!!!!!!

Exactly
http://goldengatebias.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/tim-lincecum-giants.jpg

JRA
07-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Well, I fly home in 8.5 hours. But rather than go to sleep for less than 4 because I have to get up early for a bus, I'm just gonna stay up all night.

Div
07-01-2010, 11:21 PM
cant tell if translators are just fucking with me or if this is legit... :eyes:

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/gantz-chapter-321.html?ch=Chapter+321&page=15

Maiden33
07-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Just hit it off phenomenally well with a girl I kind of knew from high school - and unlike all the other times I've said this sort of thing... we're being pretty up front with eachother from the beginning, intentions are out in the open. I'm not getting my hopes up TOO much, trying to be realistic. But I see potential here. :D

Fires Of Sedition
07-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Just hit it off phenomenally well with a girl I kind of knew from high school - and unlike all the other times I've said this sort of thing... we're being pretty up front with eachother from the beginning, intentions are out in the open. I'm not getting my hopes up TOO much, trying to be realistic. But I see potential here. :D

:party::party::party:

JRA
07-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Finally home...and now I want to go out driving.

Maiden33
07-02-2010, 06:07 PM
:party::party::party:

Thanks. I gotta be honest, I have a great feeling about this. Now, granted, I've said that before, but I guess we learn from our mistakes, and given what's gone down in the past and how different this seems from the word go, I feel like this is gonna go somewhere, probably very soon. :D

makethemsuffer12
07-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks. I gotta be honest, I have a great feeling about this. Now, granted, I've said that before, but I guess we learn from our mistakes, and given what's gone down in the past and how different this seems from the word go, I feel like this is gonna go somewhere, probably very soon. :D

YEA GET IT IN!

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. :eyes:

Maiden33
07-02-2010, 08:11 PM
YEA GET IT IN!

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. :eyes:

Thanks, anyway. :lol:

And yep, things are officially "off the ground", we're gonna be going out. We didn't set a date yet, but it's gonna happen. :D

mankvill
07-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks, anyway. :lol:

And yep, things are officially "off the ground", we're gonna be going out. We didn't set a date yet, but it's gonna happen. :D

my little man is growing up!

Maiden33
07-02-2010, 08:43 PM
my little man is growing up!

We're only about a year apart. :lol:

powerslave_85
07-02-2010, 08:47 PM
We're only about a year apart. :lol:
Whatever you say, sport! *tousles hair*

Maiden33
07-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I think I sell myself incredibly short when it comes to my ability to charm a girl, provided we're on the same page. :D

The past 48 hours have been somewhat magical, far moreso than anything else like this I've ever experienced. And to think... the actual proper "first date" isn't until Friday. I hate to gush but I feel amazing right now. :D

IrritatedTrout
07-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Just booked my hotels for my Maiden trip.:D

JRA
07-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Keep fuckin pushing me world. I have no qualms whatsoever with going Eric Harris on your ass.

mankvill
07-04-2010, 04:18 PM
On whether the "Big Four" tour will hit the U.S.:

Mustaine: "That's up to METALLICA and their camp, because I think it's fairly obvious, for myself… it doesn't need to be the 'Big Four' for me to wanna play with James and Lars [Ulrich, METALLICA drummer]. I think if the 'Big Four' [tour in the U.S.] doesn't happen, certainly a MEGADETH/METALLICA tour would be great — whether it's just the two of us or if we have a support group or something like that. But yeah, I think it was really fun because of what we stand for in heavy metal. Me and James are like the 'big daddies' of this whole thing — we were the two guitar players that set the wheels in motion when the first tapes were made of METALLICA. I think it's exciting now to look back and see all the millions of bands that have been created off what me and James did sitting in a room in Norwalk [California]."

--

So have we entered a parallel dimension the past month or so or what?

TonyD
07-04-2010, 09:16 PM
--

So have we entered a parallel dimension the past month or so or what?

Based on the reunion with Ellefson, I'm guessing he's finally putting the past behind him. The self righteous blabbermouth posts haven't ended, but other than that I guess it's a good thing. I would agree that a Metalli-Deth tour would be way better than all 4 because of set times, ticket prices and the possibility of early Metallica jams with Dave :drool:
Just think about Mechanix/Horsemen with James, Lars, Mustaine and Ellefson

tl;dr: This is good, but Megadeth's next album will probably suck.

ChildrenofSodom
07-04-2010, 10:45 PM
I hate going out of town for a few days, because I have to catch back up on the news. Annoys me.

Maiden33
07-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Getting ready to kick off another edition of When Prog and Power Unite (my internet radio show)! My great mood continues.

http://www.wpapu.com

TonyD
07-05-2010, 03:14 PM
I saw a Devin Townsend Project shirt at the parade yesterday :rocker:

daimonos
07-05-2010, 03:43 PM
I saw a Devin Townsend Project shirt at the parade yesterday :rocker:

Nice. I need to get myself a Devin Townsend shirt.

ChildrenofSodom
07-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Not trying to start a political debate here, just a small request. If you guys are comfortable with it, please to go this site (http://www.grassrootsallstars.com/coussoule?t=a_fb) and cast your vote for Justin Coussoule to win the Grassroots All Stars contest. Its run by Democracy for America, a grassroots PAC that supports political candidates that run low-budget, high-energy campaigns. My guy, Coussoule, is running against Republican House leader John Boehner (my Congressman), and if he wins this, he will get some of the considerable attention and support he deserves. You can google him to find out more about his campaign.

If you can do this for me, thanks. If not, that's okay too. Out-of-district votes are allowed. Thanks.

mankvill
07-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Not trying to start a political debate here, just a small request. If you guys are comfortable with it, please to go this site (http://www.grassrootsallstars.com/coussoule?t=a_fb) and cast your vote for Justin Coussoule to win the Grassroots All Stars contest. Its run by Democracy for America, a grassroots PAC that supports political candidates that run low-budget, high-energy campaigns. My guy, Coussoule, is running against Republican House leader John Boehner (my Congressman), and if he wins this, he will get some of the considerable attention and support he deserves. You can google him to find out more about his campaign.

If you can do this for me, thanks. If not, that's okay too. Out-of-district votes are allowed. Thanks.

so is this like american idol or...

DethMaiden
07-05-2010, 05:00 PM

Voted. :fist:

JRA
07-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Back in my apartment. I have to say, that was pretty much the worst visit home ever.

ChildrenofSodom
07-05-2010, 06:46 PM
so is this like american idol or...

Kinda. But for progressive/liberal political candidates.

mankvill
07-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Kinda. But for progressive/liberal political candidates.

progressive? Tell Jeff about it then.

DethMaiden
07-05-2010, 07:03 PM
progressive? Tell Jeff about it then.

Dude, he always says they're progressive politics. They're really just power politics though.

Maiden33
07-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Dude, he always says they're progressive politics. They're really just power politics though.

:nonono:

I am not amused. :D

If I wasn't in such a fantastic mood (still), I might get upset. ;)

DethMaiden
07-05-2010, 07:05 PM
:nonono:

I am not amused. :D

If I wasn't in such a fantastic mood (still), I might get upset. ;)

I thought now was the time, if any, for a cheap shot joke. :tongue:

Maiden33
07-05-2010, 07:07 PM
I thought now was the time, if any, for a cheap shot joke. :tongue:

You guessed correctly. :lovedup:

SomewhereInTime72
07-05-2010, 07:28 PM

lol'd

Maiden33
07-05-2010, 07:29 PM
For the first time in the history of my Facebook profile, my profile says "In a Relationship". :dance:

rjturtle9
07-05-2010, 07:58 PM
For the first time in the history of my Facebook profile, my profile says "In a Relationship". :dance:

Good job :D

Now twitter about it too while your at it.

Maiden33
07-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Good job :D

Now twitter about it too while your at it.

I don't tweet. :hecho: ;)

maidenpriest
07-05-2010, 08:16 PM
re-installing World of Warcraft on my desktop >.< this takes forever..

idrinkwine732
07-05-2010, 10:34 PM

re-installing World of Warcraft on my desktop >.< this takes forever..

And the world of metalsetlists is back in order :lol:

powerslave_85
07-05-2010, 10:38 PM
And the world of metalsetlists is back in order :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a first edition of Eddie's Archive, and I got curious as to how much it was going for on eBay. The average is $250 :eek: :eek: I think I paid $80 for it originally. I don't think I could part with it, though.

makethemsuffer12
07-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Who wants to bet how many more days Jeff is gonna brag about his girlfriend...

;)

Div
07-06-2010, 09:31 AM
just noticed the font on this

http://www.tradebit.com/usr/djmixtapez/pub/9002/Young-Money-Millionaire.jpg

TonyD
07-06-2010, 09:49 AM

OH GOD

rjturtle9
07-06-2010, 10:44 AM

:mad:

God damn I hate you Lil Wayne.

makethemsuffer12
07-06-2010, 10:48 AM

SUNUVA MOTHERFUCKING BITCH

Div
07-06-2010, 11:24 AM
...maybe he's a die hard maiden fan?

mankvill
07-06-2010, 11:32 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwPDCi6BrZg

Check out what he samples.

DethMaiden
07-06-2010, 11:32 AM
OH GOD

:mad:

God damn I hate you Lil Wayne.

SUNUVA MOTHERFUCKING BITCH

HE CAN'T USE THE IRON MAIDEN FONT BECAUSE HE'S A RAPPER! :tp: I'm less offended by this than the countless "Rock n' Roll" compilations in Wal-Mart bargain bins that steal the font and don't have the common courtesy to drop a Maiden tune among the Warrant and Ratt numbers.

Looking at extending my London trip next summer so I can spend a little time in Spain and see a corrida, and flights around the EU are surprisingly cheap. For another $200 US or so I can get from London to Madrid. Send my luggage to Dayton, fly to Spain, crash in hovels for a few nights, see a bullfight, eat some tapas, fly home. I think this will be happening. :fist:

ChildrenofSodom
07-06-2010, 12:02 PM

Looking at extending my London trip next summer so I can spend a little time in Spain and see a corrida, and flights around the EU are surprisingly cheap. For another $200 US or so I can get from London to Madrid. Send my luggage to Dayton, fly to Spain, crash in hovels for a few nights, see a bullfight, eat some tapas, fly home. I think this will be happening. :fist:

Two things. 1) Is this by yourself? You're going to send all your stuff home and then roam around Spain for a few days alone? Sounds exciting/dangerous/awesome.

2) How is that Hemingway coming along. ;)

DethMaiden
07-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Two things. 1) Is this by yourself? You're going to send all your stuff home and then roam around Spain for a few days alone? Sounds exciting/dangerous/awesome.

2) How is that Hemingway coming along. ;)

1. Yeah, it would probably be alone. I thought about flying somebody out from the States but that's wicked expensive. Crazy college kids do this stuff all the time, right? :lol:

2. Such a Hemingway thing to do, I know. :allan: I can't keep reading his stuff and living it vicariously though. I've got to try to experience life like he would have, if only for a little while.

ChildrenofSodom
07-06-2010, 12:09 PM
1. Yeah, it would probably be alone. I thought about flying somebody out from the States but that's wicked expensive. Crazy college kids do this stuff all the time, right? :lol:

2. Such a Hemingway thing to do, I know. :allan: I can't keep reading his stuff and living it vicariously though. I've got to try to experience life like he would have, if only for a little while.

.........I'll fly to Spain to hang with you for a few days. :eyes: