PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part III

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

ravenheart
05-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Well today I was supposed to get together with my band's drummer. He never showed up. He never texted, never called, no online messages - nothing. I still haven't talked to him. Wondering what the fuck happened and unless he's in the hospital, how he finds this acceptable.

Great sign - considering we just confirmed a show for July 17th. :bouville:

Isn't he new, too?

TonyD
05-30-2010, 04:46 PM
My crush on Laura Pleasants still getting harder
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs311.ash1/27731_391646813444_13205263444_4303134_6652905_n.j pg

DethMaiden
05-30-2010, 04:47 PM
My crush on Laura Pleasants still getting harder
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs311.ash1/27731_391646813444_13205263444_4303134_6652905_n.j pg

You and her and me and Jackie Perez-Gratz can double date. :lovedup:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/109/299623332_8ebb7e081f.jpg?v=0

TonyD
05-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Cheers to that, and ignoring the reality of two hairy dudes masturbating alone at a computer.

JRA
05-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Well today I was supposed to get together with my band's drummer. He never showed up. He never texted, never called, no online messages - nothing. I still haven't talked to him. Wondering what the fuck happened and unless he's in the hospital, how he finds this acceptable.

Great sign - considering we just confirmed a show for July 17th. :bouville:

I'd audition to play drums, if I didn't live halfway across the country. :bouville:

Fires Of Sedition
05-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Some dude at a gas station in Wichita wanted me to be in his band. :cool:

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Just saw Prince of Persia. Freaking sick. Great music, good acting for the most part, and an interesting way of delivering the plot. Don't give a shit if it was a video game before or not, it's a fine film when viewed objectively.

Also, SUPER hot supporting actress :lovedup:

Maiden33
05-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Isn't he new, too?

Nah, he's old. But we recently started working together again about 2 months ago. I have no idea what to think. I still haven't heard from him in any way/shape/form. Either he went totally mental or is in serious (medical) trouble. Even if the latter was the case I feel like someone would have contacted me by now.

Derelict
05-30-2010, 08:14 PM
trying to stay awake til 130am to call the finnish rail lines, to book my helsinki-st petersburg train ticket. damn you, 7 hour time difference

Natrlhi
05-30-2010, 08:15 PM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/109/299623332_8ebb7e081f.jpg?v=0Just to make your crush (among other things) even harder, I met her and talked to her for quite a while, and she's a real sweetheart. :lovedup:

I've seen Kylesa twice, and neither time did I get a chance to meet Laura. I've got her pegged as being either somewhat shy, or maybe really busy (you know, the all-work-no-play type). Or maybe she just doesn't want to get mobbed by all the fanboys (like me :D).

Maiden33
05-30-2010, 08:18 PM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/109/299623332_8ebb7e081f.jpg?v=0

... I don't see it.

Also - she looks considerably out of your age range. :D

Natrlhi
05-30-2010, 08:19 PM
... I don't see it.

Also - she looks considerably out of your age range. :D

She's younger than she looks - and quite attractive. Smart as hell, and talented as balls, too.

EDIT: Oh, that was another "B-Rad the child molester" joke. I get it now. :D

larvtard
05-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Just watched The Prestige. I'd say it was harder to follow than The Departed was

idrinkwine732
05-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Just watched The Prestige. I'd say it was harder to follow than The Departed was

You're right, a bit tough to follow but both are absolutely brilliant.

Maiden33
05-30-2010, 08:35 PM
EDIT: Oh, that was another "B-Rad the child molester" joke. I get it now. :D

Yep.

larvtard
05-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah I love both of those movies. The nonchronological order in The Prestige definitely put me off, as well as all those doubles.

DethMaiden
05-30-2010, 08:53 PM
... I don't see it.

She's one of the biggest cases of all time where her talents make her so much more beautiful.

mankvill
05-30-2010, 09:23 PM
In Vegas. Watched my dad lose like 60 bucks already, but it was so much fun. There's so many fucking hot chicks here it's insane. Fake tits r00l.

90 mins. til I can gamble.

Maiden33
05-30-2010, 09:26 PM
In Vegas. Watched my dad lose like 60 bucks already, but it was so much fun. There's so many fucking hot chicks here it's insane. Fake tits r00l.

90 mins. til I can gamble.

You're in Vegas - Get off MetalSetlists and go enjoy it!

mankvill
05-30-2010, 09:40 PM
You're in Vegas - Get off MetalSetlists and go enjoy it!

I'm 20 for 80 more minutes, lay off!

MPF
05-30-2010, 09:47 PM
It would be sweet if you were able to hit some kind of Jackpot while you're out in Vegas. Money...Women, you know the usual jackpots.

As for me, I'm 21 and nevver been to Vegas yet, I hope to change that at some point. Right now I'm just woking and booking shows and promotion for my band Shattered and my cover band.

Natrlhi
05-30-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm 20 for 80 more minutes, lay off!

JUST LEAVE MIKE TYSON'S LION ALONE WHILE YOU'RE OUT THERE, MMMKAY?!?

Fires Of Sedition
05-30-2010, 09:57 PM
JUST LEAVE MIKE TYSON'S TIGER ALONE WHILE YOU'RE OUT THERE, MMMKAY?!?

Fixed

Natrlhi
05-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Fixed

:dorky: I knew that. :eyes:

Fires Of Sedition
05-30-2010, 10:05 PM
:dorky: I knew that. :eyes:

u newb

xStructualDefect
05-31-2010, 01:56 AM
so i decided a few days ago i'm joining the Marines. i think i plan on leaving next fall, so maybe like Septemeber 2011 or a little later. i've only told a few of my friends and they don't want me to go but oh well.

GWAR654
05-31-2010, 03:49 AM
at gay fucking work

daimonos
05-31-2010, 09:57 AM
so i decided a few days ago i'm joining the Marines. i think i plan on leaving next fall, so maybe like Septemeber 2011 or a little later. i've only told a few of my friends and they don't want me to go but oh well.

That's good for you man. Hope all goes well for you, and thank you for considering serving the country.

:usa:

makethemsuffer12
05-31-2010, 10:02 AM
Fixed

Tigers love pepper, they hate cinnamon.

xStructualDefect
05-31-2010, 11:18 AM
That's good for you man. Hope all goes well for you, and thank you for considering serving the country.

:usa:

thanks a lot dude. i'm actually now considering leaving early next year, i don't really feel like waiting anymore.

Derelict
05-31-2010, 11:24 AM
thanks a lot dude. i'm actually now considering leaving early next year, i don't really feel like waiting anymore.

My brother just got out after doing four years. He's glad he did it, but he's glad he's out. Now he's going to school, and its completely paid for. Keep in mind, you are 99% certain to go to Afghanistan. Also, try to get into really good shape before you go in.

daimonos
05-31-2010, 12:11 PM
My brother just got out after doing four years. He's glad he did it, but he's glad he's out. Now he's going to school, and its completely paid for. Keep in mind, you are 99% certain to go to Afghanistan. Also, try to get into really good shape before you go in.

Yeah my brother just got back from his tech school training with the Air Force. Now he's about to be going to Afghanistan, Iran, or Korea I believe.

mastodon421
05-31-2010, 12:19 PM

Good for you man. Good luck:horns:

idrinkwine732
05-31-2010, 12:33 PM

Thanks a whole lot man, hopefully this war can be over with soon. Don't forget...spread the metal gospel while you're over there.

MPF
05-31-2010, 01:01 PM

Good Luck Man. I'm proud to have someone like you fighting for me country! :rocker:

rjturtle9
05-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Awake for 22 hours last night. Long epic day. Still tired from all of it.

Dextrimental
05-31-2010, 03:43 PM

I don't agree with war, or the marines or the army of that on a personal level, but I will say good luck, and I hope you get home safe and sound, and fly the flag of metal while over there high and mighty ;)

Indestructible
05-31-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't agree with war, or the marines or the army of that on a personal level, but I will say good luck, and I hope you get home safe and sound, and fly the flag of metal while over there high and mighty ;)

I agree with that. I hate war and I do not get war at all. If another country did not attack you first then why would you go into war with them. Lies,power,money and greed is all the politicans want thye were the ones who put us there. I dont show disrespect to the people who serv in the military but I belive there are ways to fight for your country and the countries freedom without having to risk your life.

ChildrenofSodom
05-31-2010, 07:08 PM
Just got back from a 4 day trip to DC. You fuckers miss me?

treghet
05-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Just got back from a 4 day trip to DC. You fuckers miss me?

You should have gone to Baltimore instead. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
05-31-2010, 07:47 PM
You should have gone to Baltimore instead. ;)

If I wanted to....fuck, I can't think of anything sarcastica to say about that city. Someone help me out....

TonyD
05-31-2010, 10:29 PM
If I wanted to....fuck, I can't think of anything sarcastica to say about that city. Someone help me out....

ORIOLES SUCK

Maiden33
05-31-2010, 10:56 PM

There's a major street like 2 blocks from where they hold MDF named "Gay Street" :eyes:

xStructualDefect
05-31-2010, 11:23 PM
thanks a lot everyone. it was a big deal making this decision. the friends i've told so far aren't happy with it and think it's a stupid idea, but oh well. i'm going to start training with my friend who is leaving to the army in a few months.

ChildrenofSodom
06-01-2010, 05:26 AM
There's a major street like 2 blocks from where they hold MDF named "Gay Street" :eyes:

Columbus has a Gay Street, and it is near High st, Long st, and Broad st....so I can't really make fun.

MetalIsArt
06-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Posting on Metalsetlists :D;)

JRA
06-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Posting on Metalsetlists :D;)

OMG UR DIVIDING BY ZERO AND WE"RE ALL GONNA GET THE PAIN SERIES STUCK ON OUR COMPUTER

Div
06-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Columbus has a Gay Street, and it is near High st, Long st, and Broad st....so I can't really make fun.

we have a Robert Wood Johnson hospital on Hoes Lane :eyes:

TonyD
06-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Looking for Torche's set list from the Coheed tour on 'punk' forums... they're calling it the Circa Survive/Coheed/Torche tour :lol:

jhdeity
06-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Watching Gojira - The Link Alive. What a crowd! They are going absolutely apeshit! Wish I had bought this a long time ago...

mankvill
06-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Leaving Vegas 200 dollars richer.

rjturtle9
06-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Leaving Vegas 200 dollars richer.

I see you had a good birthday weekend :rocker:

TonyD
06-02-2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Ronnie-James-Dio-Memo_chun2.jpg
A little reminder of how stupid/hypocritical these people are.

Derelict
06-02-2010, 11:53 AM
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Ronnie-James-Dio-Memo_chun2.jpg
A little reminder of how stupid/hypocritical these people are.

I would love for someone with a big ole gut hanging over his belt to tell me how to live...i'm no portrait of fitness, but i don't tell people how to live their lives either. Also, nice having an upside down flag tied to your belt, and dragging it on the ground.

daimonos
06-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Also, nice having an upside down flag tied to your belt, and dragging it on the ground.

I think that's the point. Fuck these assholes.

Maiden33
06-02-2010, 12:04 PM
I think that's the point. Fuck these assholes.

Exactly.

If the guy was smart, he would've worn the flag as a cape. :D

Derelict
06-02-2010, 12:08 PM
I knew what Rony was getting at, just felt this guy was the total package and needed to be mocked

Derelict
06-02-2010, 12:12 PM
These WBC losers protest military funerals too. Imagine your 22 year old son stepped on an IED in Afghanistan, and you don't even have a body to bury. Then you go to the funeral and these lowlifes are our front - I honestly don't know how they haven't been shot at

ChildrenofSodom
06-02-2010, 12:59 PM
These WBC losers protest military funerals too. Imagine your 22 year old son stepped on an IED in Afghanistan, and you don't even have a body to bury. Then you go to the funeral and these lowlifes are our front - I honestly don't know how they haven't been shot at

I was marching with my school group in the Memorial Day parade in DC on Monday, and these assholes were nearby. I almost flipped them off...but thats what they want...

Crionics
06-02-2010, 01:32 PM

They protested at our towns Holocaust museum.

JRA
06-02-2010, 01:57 PM
http://www.iheartchaos.com/content/den-da-poo-poo-comes-out-dey-eat-da-poo-poo-wtf

"When you have a law against homosexuality, do you say 'except eating pupu?'" :lol: :lol:

I think opponents of gay marriage would have accomplished alot more of they were as entertaining as this guy!

ChildrenofSodom
06-02-2010, 04:17 PM
The tornado siren is going off outside my window....should I be concerned?

ChildrenofSodom
06-02-2010, 04:34 PM
I have one more week of school left, then I'm out for the summer. I have two major papers due in two classes. The first, which is due tomorrow and is done, is entitled "Don't Mask, Don't Tell: Homosexuality in Comic Books" and the other hasn't been started yet, but will be titled "Politics and the Federal Reserve in the Age of Obama and Bernanke." Both will be available for your reading pleasure, if anyone is interested.

Indestructible
06-02-2010, 05:05 PM
"Politics and the Federal Reserve in the Age of Obama and Bernanke." .

Im interested in this. What i wonder is do you think the federal reserve is good or bad?

ChildrenofSodom
06-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Im interested in this. What i wonder is do you think the federal reserve is good or bad?

uh....good, haha. I don't think you want to read my paper, but i'll email it to you when I'm done if you really want. I know your a Ventura/Paul fan, so I'm sure you have about the same level of understanding of the Fed, politics, and economics that I had when I was 17 (not saying its a bad thing.)

Lets here what your thoughts are on the Fed, and then we can decide if you want to read 8-12 pages single spaced.

Indestructible
06-02-2010, 06:29 PM
uh....good, haha. I don't think you want to read my paper, but i'll email it to you when I'm done if you really want. I know your a Ventura/Paul fan, so I'm sure you have about the same level of understanding of the Fed, politics, and economics that I had when I was 17 (not saying its a bad thing.)

Lets here what your thoughts are on the Fed, and then we can decide if you want to read 8-12 pages single spaced.
I dont know alot im still in the learning process
Notihng good. I know that everytime the fed creates money it loses value and puts us more in to debt. Thats why article I section 10 of the constitution said that gold and silver coins should be used in payments of debt because gold and silver only increases in value. And they disobey the constitution which was made to keep the government in check. It would make things easier in the politicans life and the peoples lives if they just followed it. If you want to know what is being said about the evils of the fed look into Ron Paul,G edward Griffin and Alex Jones.

Like i said im still in the learning process give me til the end of the summer ill be back with more info and i will be able to explain the federal reserve better.

idrinkwine732
06-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I have one more week of school left, then I'm out for the summer. I have two major papers due in two classes. The first, which is due tomorrow and is done, is entitled "Don't Mask, Don't Tell: Homosexuality in Comic Books" and the other hasn't been started yet, but will be titled "Politics and the Federal Reserve in the Age of Obama and Bernanke." Both will be available for your reading pleasure, if anyone is interested.

I'm quite interested actually, especially in the Federal Reserve one.

ChildrenofSodom
06-02-2010, 07:49 PM
I dont know alot im still in the learning process
Notihng good. I know that everytime the fed creates money it loses value and puts us more in to debt. Thats why article I section 10 of the constitution said that gold and silver coins should be used in payments of debt because gold and silver only increases in value. And they disobey the constitution which was made to keep the government in check. It would make things easier in the politicans life and the peoples lives if they just followed it. If you want to know what is being said about the evils of the fed look into Ron Paul,G edward Griffin and Alex Jones.

Like i said im still in the learning process give me til the end of the summer ill be back with more info and i will be able to explain the federal reserve better.

Warning, long ass post ahead. But if you read it, you will get edjumakated.

Yeah....I know all about Ron Paul and Alex Jones - I campaigned for Paul's presidential candidacy in 2007-2008. The problem with learning about the Fed from those sources is that they have an OBVIOUS agenda and bias against the system as a whole. I recommend to you, and wish I would have done this myself, find a good basic "intro to the Fed" book at your local library, learn about the system in an objective way....and then weigh both sides of the argument.

To address what you said, the Fed producing more money does not put us into debt. National Debt only relates to fiscal policy - so, the President and Congress put us into debt, not the Fed which controls monetary policy. Actually, by producing more money (which usually isn't even in paper form, just numbers on a computer) the Fed can cheapen the value of the dollar, and it would actually be easier for the country to pay off its national debt. Fortunately, the Fed is pretty well insulated from populist and political pressures in that sense.

With regard to the Constitution, in 1913, 1935, and various other times between and after those dates, Congress has delegated the power to 'coin money' to the Federal Reserve. Its allowed to do that. The Congress has the power to create and operate postal offices, but because it has more important things to worry about, it delegates those responsibilities to the United States Postal Service. Same with the Fed. The Fed has two components, the Board of Governors (which consists of 7 people appointed by the President and approved by the Congress as required by Article 2 of the Constitution) and Presidents of Reserve Banks (12 bankers selected by the member banks in their region (Northeast, Midwest, South, etc) and interests (farmers, small businesses, manufacturers, etc) Both components come together in the FOMC, which sets the Federal Funds Rate (the main interest rate, which effects everything in the economy.) All 7 Governors and 5 of the Presidents are on this panel, so the politically appointed, publicly accountable guys always hold the majority control. Governors serve 14-year terms that span various administrations and Congresses, just like Supreme Court justices, so that they aren't swayed easily by the political mood of the country, and can make better choices with regards to the economy.

And when it comes to gold and silver, such currencies are very hard to use because the amount is fixed and can't be used to respond to crises. Hope that all helps. If you have more questions, ask.

ChildrenofSodom
06-02-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm quite interested actually, especially in the Federal Reserve one.

I'm still reading and taking notes on my sources, but I will be starting it in the next few days, and hopefully finish by Wednesday or Thursday.

Basically I'm going to be discussing how the President and Congress has put pressure on the Fed in the past, how the Fed reacted to the economic crisis (basically by teaming up with the Treasury and assuming greater responsibilites in fighting depression, which then opens it up to more scrutiny), and how Obama has interacted with the Fed since he took office. Legislation passed in 1935 that shaped the Fed as we know it today meant for each president to appoint no more than 2 Governors in one term. In his first two years, Obama has appointed 3 new governors and re-appointed the Fed Chairman. I argue that because he is focused on decreasing unemployment and turning the Fed into a bigger regulator, without worrying about inflation too much, his picks will have a lasting impact on the Fed long after he leaves office.

idrinkwine732
06-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Looks interesting, and I read and enjoyed your post on Atheism earlier.

ChildrenofSodom
06-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Looks interesting, and I read and enjoyed your post on Atheism earlier.

Yeah, that was over a year ago...I'd like to think I'm a better writer now. Anyway, anyone that wants to read any of my papers, send me your email address in a private message.

Indestructible
06-03-2010, 01:17 PM
I think alot of things are illusions. The fed doing good and helping the economy and not putting us in debt. The government doing its job protecting out rights. I think its all illusions placed so that the government can do what ever it wants and abuse its power everyway they can without the public knowing.

ChildrenofSodom
06-03-2010, 02:15 PM
I think alot of things are illusions. The fed doing good and helping the economy and not putting us in debt. The government doing its job protecting out rights. I think its all illusions placed so that the government can do what ever it wants and abuse its power everyway they can without the public knowing.

Uh....Do you have any facts to back that up? Any examples of such 'illusions' or ways the government abuses its power? I'm curious to know what you're talking about...

idrinkwine732
06-03-2010, 02:31 PM
I honestly think that the best sign of a government doing its job is a whole bunch of people irrationally trying to explain that it isn't doing its job.

ChildrenofSodom
06-03-2010, 02:57 PM
I honestly think that the best sign of a government doing its job is a whole bunch of people trying to irrationally explain that it isn't doing its job.

The government, I believe, in general, is always 'doing its job.' The people elect their representatives, they vote accordingly in office, people get appointed, whatever. You may disagree with the results, but the system is in place. Typically the people who say government isn't doing its job are people who a) are disillusioned and don't agree with any of the results, b) think that any current political deadlock is abnormal and the worst political climate ever (it isn't), c) think that certain aspects should be changed (IE - more accountability, which I agree with.)

idrinkwine732
06-03-2010, 03:09 PM
I guess by "doing its job," I meant doing its job well.

Maiden33
06-03-2010, 10:04 PM
So, my band just got an email in response to our search for a bassist... from Brian Ashland... the singer/multi-instrumentalist from Shadow Gallery. :D

Fires Of Sedition
06-03-2010, 10:33 PM
So, my band just got an email in response to our search for a bassist... from Brian Ashland... the singer/multi-instrumentalist from Shadow Gallery. :D

Never heard of them, but that's awesome. Congrats!

:fist:

Maiden33
06-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Never heard of them, but that's awesome. Congrats!

:fist:

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=1411

Pretty renown underground Progressive Metal band based out of Eastern PA (where I'm from). Their big "claim to fame" is that despite critical acclaim and a cult fanbase, they have release six studio albums and never played a live show. Brian isn't their original singer, he was brought in to replace Mike Baker who died about two years ago. He's only on their latest album.

I mean, there's lots of stuff that needs to be discussed, who knows what's gonna happen, maybe nothing. But it's pretty cool that someone in a band I would actually listen to is inquiring about joining my band. :D

idrinkwine732
06-03-2010, 11:01 PM
That's awesome!

xStructualDefect
06-04-2010, 01:31 AM
debating when to sign up to join to the Marines Corps. i sort of want to do a few more things in life knowing i might not come back.

Indestructible
06-04-2010, 02:41 AM
debating when to sign up to join to the Marines Corps. i sort of want to do a few more things in life knowing i might not come back.

Why would you join if you think you might not come back

Indestructible
06-04-2010, 02:42 AM
The government, I believe, in general, is always 'doing its job.' The people elect their representatives, they vote accordingly in office, people get appointed, whatever. You may disagree with the results, but the system is in place. Typically the people who say government isn't doing its job are people who a) are disillusioned and don't agree with any of the results, b) think that any current political deadlock is abnormal and the worst political climate ever (it isn't), c) think that certain aspects should be changed (IE - more accountability, which I agree with.)

Some in the government do there jobs but there is also to much corruption and to many people abusing there power. And thats just obvious to anyone conspiracy theroist or not.

ChildrenofSodom
06-04-2010, 03:44 AM
Some in the government do there jobs but there is also to much corruption and to many people abusing there power. And thats just obvious to anyone conspiracy theroist or not.

You're absolutely right, but that doesn't mean there are 'illusion'. There is corruption in professional sports, the music industry, your local mechanic shop, your school board, the manager team at the local McDonalds, and just about any other place you can imagine. That doesn't mean they're all out 'to get you.'

Maiden33
06-04-2010, 09:05 AM
You're absolutely right, but that doesn't mean there are 'illusion'. There is corruption in professional sports, the music industry, your local mechanic shop, your school board, the manager team at the local McDonalds, and just about any other place you can imagine. That doesn't mean they're all out 'to get you.'

Agreed 100%.

Div
06-04-2010, 09:20 AM
are we still arguing about this?

look, the government is a management corporation tasked with running this section of the north american continent we call the United States. maybe the founding fathers only wanted it to stay as a small organization with limited control, but its no longer like that. the gov will do whatever is best for their public image and their finances just like anyone else. thats why politicians will campaign hard on humanities issues but focus mostly on economic ones once theyre elected.

MetalIsArt
06-04-2010, 10:48 AM
OMG UR DIVIDING BY ZERO AND WE"RE ALL GONNA GET THE PAIN SERIES STUCK ON OUR COMPUTER

Bring it on... :allan::bouville:

xStructualDefect
06-04-2010, 11:08 AM

own personal reasons dude. when you join the Marines or the Army you know you're risking your life.

rjturtle9
06-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Just had a major guitar sesh. Practicing and learning songs for the summer to jam to with the buddies. So far:

War is Hell - Toxic Holocaust
666- Toxic Holocaust
Nuke the Cross - Toxic Holocaust
Troops of Doom - Sepultura
Slaves of Pain - Sepultura
Black magic - Slayer
Tormentor - Kreator
Unleash the Bastards - Municipal Waste
Paschendale - Iron Maiden

Other songs hoping to learn:
Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery (it's fucking hard!!!!) - Skeletonwitch
Hallowed be thy Name - Iron maiden
Disposable Heroes - Metallica

Thank god for Guitar Pro!!!!!

idrinkwine732
06-04-2010, 02:37 PM

He's being realistic. He's not being rational if he joins the Marines without considering the consequences.

I thank you for your service, if it does come to pass.

makethemsuffer12
06-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Listening to some of the new Whitechapel. Some of it is suprising good. I would honestly like this band a lot if it weren't for all the breakdowns.

xStructualDefect
06-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Listening to some of the new Whitechapel. Some of it is suprising good. I would honestly like this band a lot if it weren't for all the breakdowns.

i need to listen to the new album. yeah their breakdowns are repetitive at times, but i've grown to like them. can't say that about all core bands though.

idrinkwine732
06-04-2010, 08:13 PM
I listened to two songs and I wanted to shoot myself.

Maiden33
06-05-2010, 04:09 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread just for this because I didn't want to make a big deal out of it - but I have decided to have myself temporarily banned from the board - for just a week for now, as a trial - but it might become a permanent decision. I am really tired of a lot of the bullshit that goes on around here, and I don't need excess stress in my life due to keyboard warriors on an internet forum. If I notice that I am happier in the week I spend away from here, I'm probably not coming back.

If I like you, you probably have other contact info for me - I encourage you to use it.

ravenheart
06-05-2010, 04:15 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread just for this because I didn't want to make a big deal out of it - but I have decided to have myself temporarily banned from the board - for just a week for now, as a trial - but it might become a permanent decision. I am really tired of a lot of the bullshit that goes on around here, and I don't need excess stress in my life due to keyboard warriors on an internet forum. If I notice that I am happier in the week I spend away from here, I'm probably not coming back.

If I like you, you probably have other contact info for me - I encourage you to use it.

Didn't you do this a year ago? I honestly can't see that much has changed. Maybe that's the problem?

Maiden33
06-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Didn't you do this a year ago? I honestly can't see that much has changed. Maybe that's the problem?

I never had myself banned before - I just decided to stay away, which didn't work because I could keep coming back. I'm not sure what you mean with the "maybe that's the problem" comment, though.

ravenheart
06-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I remember. It was just kind of this threat that maybe you were done, but it didn't materialise.

I mean maybe what was the problem then is still the problem now and nothing's changed.

Maiden33
06-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I remember. It was just kind of this threat that maybe you were done, but it didn't materialise.

I mean maybe what was the problem then is still the problem now and nothing's changed.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly the problem. Every once in a while I think things get better, and go months and months with no considerable conflict. But then it's like a new storm comes and it's just raining bullshit for a while. I'm not saying every argument is a problem. You and I argue but I know that you aren't just trying to be a douche and pick on me - little stuff is fine. But I can't stand some of the stuff that goes on here, and it seems like we get more and more members all the time that I have NOTHING in common with, and the only thing that's ever going to occur between them and me is stupid arguments.

ravenheart
06-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly the problem. Every once in a while I think things get better, and go months and months with no considerable conflict. But then it's like a new storm comes and it's just raining bullshit for a while. I'm not saying every argument is a problem. You and I argue but I know that you aren't just trying to be a douche and pick on me - little stuff is fine. But I can't stand some of the stuff that goes on here, and it seems like we get more and more members all the time that I have NOTHING in common with, and the only thing that's ever going to occur between them and me is stupid arguments.

Welcome to the World, bro ;)

I get what you're saying, although it's not a problem for me, but if you do this every time something like this gets to you, you'll back away from everything, internet or otherwise. People are just like that. In all areas, all the time. I get this kind of thing at work, on the internet, off the internet, everywhere. People are shit. It's the way of the World, and the trick is realising it and not caring.

I did exactly this about five years ago. I was a major part of the forum at blacklabelsociety.net. I was, and still am, a huge Zakk fan, and that forum ruled. My post count is still in the top 5 or 6, five years later. But too many ignorant pricks and just plain assholes made it too irritating, including the mods, so I left. It wasn't just me, a whole bunch of people did the same thing shortly after for the same reason. Some real good people just lost patience. I went back recently, and it's shit now. No one knows anything about metal music, the only old school folk left are the irritating ones, and the rest are just kids who don't know anything but won't accept that and just be happy to learn, you know?

The point is, you run you achieve nothing. You stop caring and settle back a little in the comfort that you know your shit and that doesn't change even if some know-nothing asshole challenges it, and you'll find ignoring them and getting along with the people who do know a whole lot easier.

Maiden33
06-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Shit, I just realized I'm supposed to do my Dio virtual show, and also I want to be here for that Maiden setlist posting on Wednesday. I guess I'm sticking around for a while.

rjturtle9
06-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Shit, I just realized I'm supposed to do my Dio virtual show, and also I want to be here for that Maiden setlist posting on Wednesday. I guess I'm sticking around for a while.

Wow man, new record!

Maiden33
06-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Wow man, new record!

Haha. Unless I have a drastic change of heart in the next week and a half, it' still gonna happen. The Dio show i what's keeping me here - I promised it, and I shall deliver.

rjturtle9
06-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Haha. Unless I have a drastic change of heart in the next week and a half, it' still gonna happen. The Dio show i what's keeping me here - I promised it, and I shall deliver.

Dude just stay here man. You know you are. Everyone argues every once in a while, that's what this whole site is built on, other people's opinions. Besides, where else am I to go for my random power metal questions ;)

Maiden33
06-06-2010, 07:34 PM
I just got invited to audition for the resurrection of a renown Queensryche tribute band. :D

ravenheart
06-07-2010, 12:55 AM
a renown Queensryche tribute band. :D

There is such a thing?

rjturtle9
06-07-2010, 01:04 AM
There is such a thing?

There is one here in so-cal that goes by the name Empyre or something like that. They double as a Judas Priest tribute too. these guys got their skills pretty down.

mastodon421
06-07-2010, 05:16 AM
i need to listen to the new album. yeah their breakdowns are repetitive at times, but i've grown to like them. can't say that about all core bands though.

The new Whitechapel album is very good with the exception of The Darkest Day Of Man and Murder Sermon. Most of it doesn't even sound like Whitechapel

xStructualDefect
06-07-2010, 01:04 PM
The new Whitechapel album is very good with the exception of The Darkest Day Of Man and Murder Sermon. Most of it doesn't even sound like Whitechapel

wow this album is very good. definently one of the better deathcore bands, and there's only a few of those. and agreed Darkest Day of Man has to be the weakest song on the album. i don't know why they chose it as the single.

Maiden33
06-07-2010, 01:17 PM
There is such a thing?

Yeah, haha. Their name is Queen of the Ryche. I saw them back in 2005 - they pull decent crowds and play high-end clubs. Well, they did - they've been on hold for some time.

The list of songs I have to learn for my audition:

Queen of the Ryche (Already know)
Take Hold of the Flame (Already know)
Walk in the Shadows (Already know)
The Killing Words
London
Revolution Calling (Kind of already know)
The Mission (Already know)
Eyes of a Stranger (Already know)
The Thin Line
Jet City Woman
Empire (Already know)
Silent Lucidity (Already know)

ChildrenofSodom
06-07-2010, 01:38 PM
My roommate just left for his final exam....Now for a little Cameron time....:eyes:

powerslave_85
06-07-2010, 01:41 PM
My roommate just left for his final exam....Now for a little Cameron time....:eyes:
Worst part about living in a dorm? I dunno, but it's up there.

rjturtle9
06-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Yeah, haha. Their name is Queen of the Ryche. I saw them back in 2005 - they pull decent crowds and play high-end clubs. Well, they did - they've been on hold for some time.

The list of songs I have to learn for my audition:

Queen of the Ryche (Already know)
Take Hold of the Flame (Already know)
Walk in the Shadows (Already know)
The Killing Words
London
Revolution Calling (Kind of already know)
The Mission (Already know)
Eyes of a Stranger (Already know)
The Thin Line
Jet City Woman
Empire (Already know)
Silent Lucidity (Already know)

I want you to play/sing that song for me one day :lovedup:

Nah in all serious though, I hope you nail your audition.

ChildrenofSodom
06-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Worst part about living in a dorm? I dunno, but it's up there.

I only have til Wednesday night....thats when he is leaving for home, and I'm leaving the next day. All next year, though, I'll have a dorm room to myself.

BTW, I'm done.

Derelict
06-07-2010, 01:56 PM
I had two roommates freshman year...torture. I had their schedules memorized though.

evildeadjedi
06-07-2010, 02:47 PM
I only have til Wednesday night....thats when he is leaving for home, and I'm leaving the next day. All next year, though, I'll have a dorm room to myself.

BTW, I'm done.

Ten minutes, guess you don't like to take your time? :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
06-07-2010, 03:57 PM

18, actually. And I utilize Internet Explorer's favorites feature.

evildeadjedi
06-07-2010, 05:25 PM

Oh okay, that's a good use for that feature! :lol:

Any particular reason you use Internet Explorer though?

ChildrenofSodom
06-07-2010, 05:25 PM
One Bud Light for every night of Freshman Year I have left. This is the good life.

ChildrenofSodom
06-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Oh okay that's a good use for that feature! :lol:

Any particular reason you use Internet Explorer though?

Because my laptop is screwed up (not related to the previous discussion) and I can't use Firefox. I'm getting it fixed this summer, so I will not be forced to use this godawful browser.

evildeadjedi
06-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Because my laptop is screwed up (not related to the previous discussion) and I can't use Firefox. I'm getting it fixed this summer, so I will not be forced to use this godawful browser.

That's good, friends should not let friends use IE.

Maiden33
06-08-2010, 02:04 AM
After poking around and posting a bit on the Maiden forum (since I'm in the fanclub now) for just a few hours, I kinda want to kill myself. :mad:

ravenheart
06-08-2010, 03:06 AM

Why can't you use Firefox? Or Opera?

JRA
06-08-2010, 06:06 AM
After poking around and posting a bit on the Maiden forum (since I'm in the fanclub now) for just a few hours, I kinda want to kill myself. :mad:

why?

ChildrenofSodom
06-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Why can't you use Firefox? Or Opera?

Long story. Something happened to my computer that I can only use IE7. If I update to IE8, my laptop will connect to the internet, but the internet won't open in my browser. I can't use Firefox, Opera, Chrome, anything. I can't use AIM, Limewire, whatever. If it isn't IE7, for some reason my laptop hates it. I scoured the internet for help and everything they had me try didn't work, so I bought Windows 7 and I'm going to clean install it in a few weeks...and hopefully that works.

Maiden33
06-08-2010, 08:21 AM
why?

It's filled with people who apparently have no personal or musical identity other than that they love Maiden. Also - Fonzbear would fit in perfectly - there's like 35 duplicate threads, and it's questionable if most of them need to exist at all. The posts come so frequently for how little there is worth paying attention to.

ravenheart
06-08-2010, 11:23 AM
It's filled with people who apparently have no personal or musical identity other than that they love Maiden. Also - Fonzbear would fit in perfectly - there's like 35 duplicate threads, and it's questionable if most of them need to exist at all. The posts come so frequently for how little there is worth paying attention to.

Identical to the official forum for absolutely anything popular. Sports teams, huge bands, huge events, tv shows, anything.

ChildrenofSodom
06-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Fuck you Facebook. WORK!

Now its working - I'm trying to friend Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke's daughter. :eyes:

Indestructible
06-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Fuck you Facebook. WORK!

Now its working - I'm trying to friend Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke's daughter. :eyes:

Be carful when dealing with politicans.

ChildrenofSodom
06-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Be carful when dealing with politicans.

Shut it.

Indestructible
06-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Shut it.

I figured most people would know to be carful when dealing with politicans most of them can not be trusted. just saying.

ChildrenofSodom
06-08-2010, 06:05 PM
I figured most people would know to be carful when dealing with politicans most of them can not be trusted. just saying.

I've worked for two of them, and they seemed pretty fine to me.

Indestructible
06-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I've worked for two of them, and they seemed pretty fine to me.

Maybe they are fine. But they could act diffrent in front of diffrent people you just dont know who they really are. Keep in mind i have trust issues with the goverment. You may not.

Dextrimental
06-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Learning four horsemen and shattering the skies above on guitar. Handling the solos on shattering quite well, I am impressed at my own playing I must say.

ChildrenofSodom
06-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Maybe they are fine. But they could act diffrent in front of diffrent people you just dont know who they really are. Keep in mind i have trust issues with the goverment. You may not.

I guess I'm just not a brain-washed paranoid...any more.

mankvill
06-08-2010, 06:52 PM

I may be paranoid, but I'm not an android.

idrinkwine732
06-09-2010, 08:05 AM
I was just wondering, why were UncleMeat and UndergroundRage banned again?

Maiden33
06-09-2010, 08:13 AM

Undergroundage because of his disrespect in the primary RIP Dio thread, I believe.

UncleMeat_1940 because he was brazenly rude and offensive (personal attacks, mainly towards me) for absolutely no reason at all.

Natrlhi
06-09-2010, 09:48 AM

I saw your original post, and I was going to make a smartass comment about not wanting to hear about your love life, but then I thought you might get offended if you really weren't doing what I assumed you were talking about. But then you confirmed it.

Yeah.

Well, thanks for the info. That was super.

:barf:

idrinkwine732
06-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Undergroundage because of his disrespect in the primary RIP Dio thread, I believe.

UncleMeat_1940 because he was brazenly rude and offensive (personal attacks, mainly towards me) for absolutely no reason at all.

I was wondering why I hadn't seen UndergroundRage for a while, and Uncle Meat was just being a dick.

ChildrenofSodom
06-09-2010, 09:59 AM
I saw your original post, and I was going to make a smartass comment about not wanting to hear about your love life, but then I thought you might get offended if you really weren't doing what I assumed you were talking about. But then you confirmed it.

Yeah.

Well, thanks for the info. That was super.

hahaha...Hey man, I'm 19 and green.

Natrlhi
06-09-2010, 10:25 AM
I may be paranoid, but I'm not an android.

I thought I done told you to put a sock in it, Marvin.

mankvill
06-09-2010, 10:49 AM
I thought I done told you to put a sock in it, Marvin.

You're just a kicking screaming Gucci little piggy. ;)

Natrlhi
06-09-2010, 10:59 AM
You're just a kicking screaming Gucci little piggy. ;)
That's "squealing", for the record. ;)

...and I guess our references are a bit off. You were taling Radiohead, while I was talking Douglas Adams (which is where Radiohead got the song title from, obviously). :cool:

http://www.devicemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Marvin-the-Paranoid-Android.jpg

mankvill
06-09-2010, 11:01 AM
That's "squealing", for the record. ;)

...and I guess our references are a bit off. You were taling Radiohead, while I was talking Douglas Adams (which is where Radiohead got the song title from, obviously). :cool:

http://www.devicemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Marvin-the-Paranoid-Android.jpg

:mad:

Indestructible
06-09-2010, 11:37 AM

Im neither brainwashed or parinoid. Can you blame anyone for distrusting a politican and thinking that they act diffrent in front of diffrent people.

SomewhereInTime72
06-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Im neither brainwashed or parinoid. Can you blame anyone for distrusting a politican and thinking that they act diffrent in front of diffrent people.

Doesn't just about every single human being on this planet do this?

Maiden33
06-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Doesn't just about every single human being on this planet do this?

That was my exact same thought upon reading this.

Natrlhi
06-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Doesn't just about every single human being on this planet do this?No way, man. I'm the same to everybody. If I make a side-handed double entendre sexual innuendo on here, or act like a dick ironically, or make a foul joke or swear in my comments, then that's the same exact way I'm going to talk to my grandma or my boss or the pope. Fuck 'em if they don't like who I am, man! I have integrity, dammit!

Puh-leeze. :rolleyes:

LIFE is politics. If indestructimible tries to deny it, then he's clearly living in a fantasy world.

rjturtle9
06-09-2010, 02:57 PM

I know Undergroundrage was banned, but UncleMeat??? How did that happen?

TonyD
06-09-2010, 03:02 PM
I wonder if Sunn O has ever had a single groupie... ever.
Was that the guy into Primus with the Zappa avatar?

idrinkwine732
06-09-2010, 03:04 PM

Was that the guy into Primus with the Zappa avatar?

Yeah.

Maiden33
06-09-2010, 03:10 PM

The posts are deleted, but let's just say the guy acted like a complete and utter douche bag towards me for no reason.

A few paraphrased quotes:

"Every time I read one of your opinions about music I vomit in my mouth"

"Everyone who listens to the music you listen to acts like a chubby 12 year-old cocksucker who cries like a girl on their period whenever someone disagrees with them"

All-around just acted like a jackass and got incredibly too personally offensive just because he disagreed with something I said. Note: I didn't disagree with something he said - he decided to reply to a comment I made off-hand and pick a fight with me because he disagreed. It was so nuts.

rjturtle9
06-09-2010, 03:18 PM
The posts are deleted, but let's just say the guy acted like a complete and utter douche bag towards me for no reason.

A few paraphrased quotes:

"Every time I read one of your opinions about music I vomit in my mouth"

"Everyone who listens to the music you listen to acts like a chubby 12 year-old cocksucker who cries like a girl on their period whenever someone disagrees with them"

All-around just acted like a jackass and got incredibly too personally offensive just because he disagreed with something I said. Note: I didn't disagree with something he said - he decided to reply to a comment I made off-hand and pick a fight with me because he disagreed. It was so nuts.

Oh ok. Yeah I didn't see any of this go down. Saw the demise of undergroundrage coming from weeks before it actually happened though.

Butcher of Birth
06-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Wow... Had a brain fart out the ass... Watching "Death On The Road" and I'm on Paschendale and I thought "Wow, there are a lot of Dance of Death songs on this one..." Idiot...

Dextrimental
06-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Uncle Meat was banned?? There goes one of the few people on here whom I agreed with most of the time. And it would be Maiden33 who has the fight with him, the person with whom I disagree the MOST with. No offence meant to Maiden33 btw, just pointing out the irony.

daimonos
06-09-2010, 07:22 PM

:lol:

SomewhereInTime72
06-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Uncle Meat was banned?? There goes one of the few people on here whom I agreed with most of the time. And it would be Maiden33 who has the fight with him, the person with whom I disagree the MOST with. No offence meant to Maiden33 btw, just pointing out the irony.

I agreed with the guy a lot (hell yeah zappa), but I still think he acted like a dick pretty often when it wasn't called for whatsoever.

Dextrimental
06-09-2010, 07:37 PM
I agreed with the guy a lot (hell yeah zappa), but I still think he acted like a dick pretty often when it wasn't called for whatsoever.

Fair enough, I wasn there, Im just sad that someone I agreed with alot is gone, very much sucks.. What happened to undergroundrage? Like what did he do to get banned?

ChildrenofSodom
06-09-2010, 10:22 PM
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs617.snc3/32448_404963689361_758059361_4137853_5880321_n.jpg

14 pages, single spaced, plus a title page, abstract, and three pages of works cited. Who wants to read it?

idrinkwine732
06-09-2010, 10:32 PM
I'll take a crack at it if you'd be so kind

ChildrenofSodom
06-09-2010, 10:34 PM
I'll take a crack at it if you'd be so kind

PM me your email address.

Also, please don't steal it.

larvtard
06-10-2010, 08:29 AM
the Zune Software totally fucked up...again.

I was listening to "Remember Tomorrow" from Iron Maiden when all of a sudden I heard Paul going "I'm running free, yeah, I'm running free."

Suspicious, I looked at the song lengths on my software and compared them to the actual song lengths that I found online, and....my suspicions were proved correct.

I have the original US release of Iron Maiden. Zune thought it was the remastered version (which has a different track order, apparently). :mad:

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 11:03 AM
the Zune Software totally fucked up...again.

I was listening to "Remember Tomorrow" from Iron Maiden when all of a sudden I heard Paul going "I'm running free, yeah, I'm running free."

Suspicious, I looked at the song lengths on my software and compared them to the actual song lengths that I found online, and....my suspicions were proved correct.

I have the original US release of Iron Maiden. Zune thought it was the remastered version (which has a different track order, apparently). :mad:

No offense, if you would've double-checked, it wouldn't have happened. I run into tagging errors all the time, but I always double check everything before I sync it.

TonyD
06-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Doesn't happen with iPod/iTunes :cool:
PM me your email address.

Also, please don't steal it.

I think there's a site you can upload it to, other than turnitin.com. Not saying he would, ahm just sayin'.

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 11:40 AM
For the record, it's not just a Zune error. I run into tagging errors all the time - both with stuff I download and stuff I rip, in Windows Media Player as well.

larvtard
06-10-2010, 11:55 AM
For the record, it's not just a Zune error. I run into tagging errors all the time - both with stuff I download and stuff I rip, in Windows Media Player as well.

yeah I added it to iTunes and the same thing happened as well. Microsoft is a good scapegoat, though :finger:

TonyD
06-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Doesn't happen to me. Operator error?

larvtard
06-10-2010, 12:24 PM

Just looked at iTunes again. It's fine. I guess I was imagining things... So, um, yeah, I guess it was an 'operator error.' (Thanks urbandictionary :lol: )

I think I know why Zune screwed up the tags, though- the Zune Software gets tag information from AMG (allmusic Database), and apparently they only have the remastered version. Makes sense.

makethemsuffer12
06-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Done with 11th grade! :party: Just one final and one Regents and that's all folks.

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 02:14 PM

How is it operator error if you put a CD into the computer to rip it, and Windows Media Player finds incorrect track info? :confused:

Indestructible
06-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Done with 11th grade! :party: Just one final and one Regents and that's all folks.

Im done with 12th grade tomorrow. I think all exams are bullshit but i do them because i want to get the fuck out of there and not go back.

DethMaiden
06-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Im done with 12th grade tomorrow. I think all exams are bullshit but i do them because i want to get the fuck out of there and not go back.

No one believes this, you know. Not just because you act way too immature and spell way too poorly to be 18, but because I'm pretty sure you've outed yourself as being 14 on here before. So shut the fuck up, please.

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 04:33 PM
No one believes this, you know. Not just because you act way too immature and spell way too poorly to be 18, but because I'm pretty sure you've outed yourself as being 14 on here before. So shut the fuck up, please.

I have something (oddly somewhat pertaining to this) that I need to tell you but I want to do it via Facebook, so get there. :D

Indestructible
06-10-2010, 04:41 PM

Ill be 18 in august. If you think im immature then you havent seen some of the jackasses that come threw here.

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 04:42 PM
I'll be 18 in August. If you think that I'm immature then you haven't seen some of the jackasses that come through here.

Fixed. Grammatically speaking.

idrinkwine732
06-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Ill be 18 in august. If you think im immature then you havent seen some of the jackasses that come threw here.

You're a poopie head.

TonyD
06-10-2010, 04:59 PM
How is it operator error if you put a CD into the computer to rip it, and Windows Media Player finds incorrect track info? :confused:

Just joshin' breh :cool:

xStructualDefect
06-10-2010, 05:11 PM

wow, you came off as a real ass here. i'm pretty sure he's 18, the picture he posted of himself doesn't look like a 14 year old.

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 05:14 PM
wow, you came off as a real ass here. i'm pretty sure he's 18, the picture he posted of himself doesn't look like a 14 year old.

Does to me. I'd say it's as feasible to believe he's 14 as it is to believe he's 18. If someone showed me that picture off-hand I would've guessed 15 or 16.

mankvill
06-10-2010, 05:19 PM

hi

Indestructible
06-10-2010, 05:40 PM
I was actually trying to get into a conversation by saying something i figured alot of highschoolers agree with.

xStructualDefect
06-10-2010, 05:45 PM
I was actually trying to get into a conversation by saying something i figured alot of highschoolers agree with.

ehh i didn't mind exams. and i actually enjoyed high school a lot, sort of miss it actually.

Indestructible
06-10-2010, 05:53 PM
ehh i didn't mind exams. and i actually enjoyed high school a lot, sort of miss it actually.

Im not going to miss it that much. But thinking back i should of socalized alot more.

xStructualDefect
06-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Im not going to miss it that much. But thinking back i should of socalized alot more.

yeah, that's probably why i enjoyed high school a lot. i socialized, got along, and/or partied with everyone. asian nerds, punkers, metalheads, jocks, popular hot girls, etc. makes high school a lot more enjoyable instead of being anti-social and thinking everyone is a douchebag, which is what a lot of people do.

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 07:27 PM
instead of being anti-social and thinking everyone is a douchebag, which is what a lot of people do.

(Proudly raises hand)

xStructualDefect
06-10-2010, 07:30 PM
(Proudly raises hand)

whatever suits you. i was turning into an anti-social metalhead that thought everyone was a douchebag, but some time during my junior year i realized it was retarded and i'd enjoy high school a lot more if i was more social.

Div
06-10-2010, 07:34 PM
yeah, that's probably why i enjoyed high school a lot. i socialized, got along, and/or partied with everyone. asian nerds, punkers, metalheads, jocks, popular hot girls, etc. makes high school a lot more enjoyable instead of being anti-social and thinking everyone is a douchebag, which is what a lot of people do.

true. ive had to stop hanging out with people because they were just so negative all the time and what it really came down to was a reflection of their own low self-esteem. like if we were riding down the street and there was a hot girl or some guy with a cigarette id have to hear comments like "pshh look at that slut" or "lol look at that guy, what a tool" and nothing is more of a buzz kill than having to hear someone's preachy moralizing about everything, and of course if u criticized them over anything they'd completely lose it. if you go around assuming other people are all assholes than you cant play innocent when they think youre an asshole.

mankvill
06-10-2010, 07:37 PM
true. ive had to stop hanging out with people because they were just so negative all the time and what it really came down to was a reflection of their own low self-esteem. like if we were riding down the street and there was a hot girl or some guy with a cigarette id have to hear comments like "pshh look at that slut" or "lol look at that guy, what a tool" and nothing is more of a buzz kill than having to hear someone's preachy moralizing about everything, and of course if u criticized them over anything they'd completely lose it. if you go around assuming other people are all assholes than you cant play innocent when they think youre an asshole.

pfft, what a bosh'tet

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 07:38 PM
whatever suits you. i was turning into an anti-social metalhead that thought everyone was a douchebag, but some time during my junior year i realized it was retarded and i'd enjoy high school a lot more if i was more social.

I tried to "go with the flow" a couple of times but at some point I realized that it was retarded and I'd enjoy my life a lot more if I did what I wanted to and didn't worry about social norms. :D

xStructualDefect
06-10-2010, 07:54 PM

afuckingmen. i realized i always agree with everything you have to say when it comes to social discussions. but yeah i hate when people act negative like that. i have a group of metalhead friends that are still in high school, and they talk negative about everything and think majority of people are douchebags unless they're metalheads. they never wanted to go out, party, or do anything social because they think everyone in social events are douchebags. i am not shit talking or bashing anyone or anything, but i notice a lot metalheads are like that, at least almost all the ones i've come across and met. exactly like you said, when they think and talk negative about everything, it usually comes to their low self-esteem.

I tried to "go with the flow" a couple of times but at some point I realized that it was retarded and I'd enjoy my life a lot more if I did what I wanted to and didn't worry about social norms. :D

yeah, everyone is different. some people are much happier being anti-social.

Maiden33
06-10-2010, 08:06 PM
afuckingmen. i realized i always agree with everything you have to say when it comes to social discussions. but yeah i hate when people act negative like that. i have a group of metalhead friends that are still in high school, and they talk negative about everything and think majority of people are douchebags unless they're metalheads. they never wanted to go out, party, or do anything social because they think everyone in social events are douchebags. i am not shit talking or bashing anyone or anything, but i notice a lot metalheads are like that, at least almost all the ones i've come across and met. exactly like you said, when they think and talk negative about everything, it usually comes to their low self-esteem.

You clearly don't realize that anti-social behavior is popular amongst a lot of other social "groups" than just "metalheads". I also don't wish to say I think everyone involved in social events are "doucebags", I just see absolutely nothing in common with them and could not put on a facade long enough to attempt to "fit in".

Div
06-10-2010, 08:24 PM
pfft, what a bosh'tet

i havent played mass effect yet, quit with the spoilers... you shizno :hmm:

mankvill
06-10-2010, 09:41 PM
I wish Rompeprop, Birdflesh and Blood Duster would tour together. Funnest tour ever.

xStructualDefect
06-10-2010, 10:09 PM
You clearly don't realize that anti-social behavior is popular amongst a lot of other social "groups" than just "metalheads". I also don't wish to say I think everyone involved in social events are "doucebags", I just see absolutely nothing in common with them and could not put on a facade long enough to attempt to "fit in".

yeah of course i know that, but the metalheads that are anti-social that i'm talking about think majority of people are lame or douchebags and don't like communicating with most people unless they share common music interest, and sometimes think everyone is retarded and they are better than most people. i've come across MANY metalheads like that. but there's also those metalheads that get along and make friends with anyone, even if they don't share any interests. i'm like that for example.

mastodon421
06-11-2010, 04:41 AM
I have kind of mixed feelings on this topic. I mean I try to be social with everyone but there is a lot of douchebags where I am from. I do have a good amount of friends from different groups but there is way too many anti-social rich people that frown upon people that aren't in the same social class as them. As someone who just finished high school a few weeks ago the only regret I have is not getting to know some people better. I'm sure there are a few people that are really cool that I just never talked to or chilled with.

DethMaiden
06-11-2010, 06:07 AM
Oh my GOD can we not talk about this every day.

1. Metalheads are antisocial for no reason and partying is cool.
2. Opinions are not facts.
3. Iron Maiden's setlist is disappointing.

Anything else, fucktards?

mankvill
06-11-2010, 06:18 AM
World Cup motherfuckers.

mastodon421
06-11-2010, 07:06 AM
World Cup motherfuckers.

Indeed. Pretty good game going right now. Kind of surprised Mexico hasn't scored yet.

larvtard
06-11-2010, 09:25 AM

Damn, I was just ready to contribute to this conversation :lol:
Wouldn't have been much though- just would've agreed with #1

TonyD
06-11-2010, 09:29 AM

3. That will be all.

Natrlhi
06-11-2010, 09:39 AM
3. That will be all.

This.

Or, to put it another way, #1 is true but really doesn't tell us anyything we don't already know, #2 is true but many people on here will continue to act as if it isn't no matter how many times they are reminded of it, and #3 is the only thing that really matters anyway.

Amirite?

Thought so. :cool:

Derelict
06-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Whoever came up with the idea for summer hours deserves a Nobel prize and winning powerball tix

TonyD
06-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Whoever came up with the idea for summer hours deserves a Nobel prize and winning powerball tix

Wat dis?
Shortened work hours during summer?

Derelict
06-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Wat dis?
Shortened work hours during summer?

Work an extra hour mon-thu, half day Friday

Crionics
06-11-2010, 05:17 PM
My best friend who I've been jamming with for 3 years left our project to join a Deathcore project..well this just sucks...

JRA
06-11-2010, 06:23 PM
My best friend who I've been jamming with for 3 years left our project to join a Deathcore project..well this just sucks...

Damn.

idrinkwine732
06-11-2010, 07:11 PM

But you're seeing Iron Maiden man!

makethemsuffer12
06-12-2010, 03:31 AM
I hope this doesn't start a shitstorm, but does anyone else get a little annoyed at the fact that Maiden uses pretty much the same chord progression in (almost) EVERY FUCKING SONG. I'm not bashing them, I love them to death, it's just a criticism that I and I'm sure many others have as well.

Crionics
06-12-2010, 04:25 AM
Damn.

Yeah, apparently thrash/black/death doesn't "fulfill" him as much as deathcore.

But you're seeing Iron Maiden man!

Yeah haha :powerslav

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 05:46 AM
I hope this doesn't start a shitstorm, but does anyone else get a little annoyed at the fact that Maiden uses pretty much the same chord progression in (almost) EVERY FUCKING SONG. I'm not bashing them, I love them to death, it's just a criticism that I and I'm sure many others have as well.

Which progression are you talking about? I'm not denying it, but I'm curious exactly what you mean. I can't think of one specific chord progression that dominates a lot of Maiden music across all eras.

makethemsuffer12
06-12-2010, 05:54 AM
Which progression are you talking about? I'm not denying it, but I'm curious exactly what you mean. I can't think of one specific chord progression that dominates a lot of Maiden music across all eras.

Well, maybe not the same exact progression in every song, but the same kind of chords (C,D,E). It all results in them sounding repetative.

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 05:59 AM
Well, maybe not the same exact progression in every song, but the same kind of chords (C,D,E). It all results in them sounding repetative.

Well, I think the biggest fault they have (especially on the more recent albums) is that they only write in a couple of different keys. Every song on A Matter of life and Death was predominately in E minor except The legacy, which gets there eventually. There are so few Maiden songs that aren't mostly in E minor, D minor, or A minor.

A sampling of those that aren't:
-Flight of Icarus
-Can I Play With Madness
-Childhood's End
-Afraid to Shoot Strangers
-Deja Vu
-Purgatory
-To Tame a land
-The Prisoner

For the record, there are probably only about 20 Maiden songs I can't play on guitar at least well enough to play along to the album. :eyes:

makethemsuffer12
06-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Well, I think the biggest fault they have (especially on the more recent albums) is that they only write in a couple of different keys. Every song on A Matter of life and Death was predominately in E minor except The legacy, which gets there eventually. There are so few Maiden songs that aren't mostly in E minor, D minor, or A minor.

A sampling of those that aren't:
-Flight of Icarus
-Can I Play With Madness
-Childhood's End
-Afraid to Shoot Strangers
-Deja Vu
-Purgatory
-To Tame a land
-The Prisoner

For the record, there are probably only about 20 Maiden songs I can't play on guitar at least well enough to play along to the album. :eyes:

Well obviously they have songs that aren't, but the majority still follows E minor, D minor, or A minor.

And about that last part, it can't be that hard to play Maiden when all of their stuff is so similar ;)

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 07:14 AM
And about that last part, it can't be that hard to play Maiden when all of their stuff is so similar ;)

You're right - playing Maiden stuff on guitar isn't exactly the most challenging thing. I've only ever encountered a couple of parts that have given me trouble. Their guitar-work generally falls in the "intermediate" difficulty level. Complexity is not why I am attracted to them. :lol:

I actually was asked to do an entire show with a local Maiden tribute band last year on about 6 hours' notice and did the whole 90 minute set, good times.

TonyD
06-12-2010, 08:06 AM

This

Just got rid of my tickets.

SomewhereInTime72
06-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Lol @ people thinking I IV V is a Maiden thing and not a all-music-except-for-jazz-and-atonal thing.

TonyD
06-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Sort of true, but power metal in general rides on it.

mankvill
06-12-2010, 10:24 AM
FUCK YOU ENGLAND

Derelict
06-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Whoever came up with Five Guys Burgers and Fries is a hero

ChildrenofSodom
06-12-2010, 11:59 AM

I think I read that their fries are the least healthy in an american restaraunt chain.

DethMaiden
06-12-2010, 12:33 PM

Gotta call you out on this, bro. You mentioned elsewhere that the reunion stuff veers too closely to power metal for you...but, erm...no. If any Maiden sounds like power metal, it's SIT and SSOASS, but I've definitely never heard any power metal that sounds like reunion Maiden. I think the sound is more Steve listening to prog rock, trying to put it in the framework of Maiden, and accidentally creating a new sound. But power metal it is not.

Crionics
06-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Learned to play Adrian's solo in Two Minutes To Midnight, I feel achomplished! :shred:

larvtard
06-12-2010, 01:39 PM

Their fries are inconsistent as hell. When they're good they're amazing but they rarely are anymore.

Burgers are awesome but too greasy. They used to be great but have also somewhat declined in quality.

TonyD
06-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Gotta call you out on this, bro. You mentioned elsewhere that the reunion stuff veers too closely to power metal for you...but, erm...no. If any Maiden sounds like power metal, it's SIT and SSOASS, but I've definitely never heard any power metal that sounds like reunion Maiden. I think the sound is more Steve listening to prog rock, trying to put it in the framework of Maiden, and accidentally creating a new sound. But power metal it is not.

Valid point but something doesn't add up. You didn't take the fact that I'm never wrong into consideration ;)

I guess if you stick to the same thing and it's good every time, there's no reason to complain. Say AC/DC's albums up to 1980. But when you don't change anything and it starts going south, the fans are gonna make some noise.

DethMaiden
06-12-2010, 04:44 PM
I guess if you stick to the same thing and it's good every time, there's no reason to complain. Say AC/DC's albums up to 1980. But when you don't change anything and it starts going south, the fans are gonna make some noise.

I guess I don't understand this. More than most bands, I think Maiden has a very distinct identity from album to album, or at least in groups of 2-3 albums. To say they've been doing the same thing forever confuses the hell out of me, because Prowler and The Legacy, let's just say, couldn't be more disparate, and yet both maintain what makes Maiden Maiden. I don't know how you can ask for anything more out of a band. :2cents:

Dextrimental
06-12-2010, 04:59 PM
I would say Maiden are one of about five metal bands who have been going as long as they have, and are still making albums worth hearing, and making songs that fans like to hear live. I know alot of people who're very happy to see Paschendale back in the setlist, you wouldn't get that if Metallica put St. Anger back into their setlist, or Slayer put God Send Death back into the setlist (though personally Id be over the moon, GHUA is my favorite Slayer album).

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Lol @ people thinking I IV V is a Maiden thing and not a all-music-except-for-jazz-and-atonal thing.

This.

And you don't think thrash rides on chromatic half-steps and tri-tone riffs? Thrash songs are easily as ridiculous with E-F or E-Bb progressions as "power metal" (ie according to most people, all traditional metal with melodic vocals) is with i-VI-III-VII progressions.

This.

Learned to play Adrian's solo in Two Minutes To Midnight, I feel achomplished! :shred:

Nice, it's a great one. One of the 15 or so H solos I know.

I guess I don't understand this. More than most bands, I think Maiden has a very distinct identity from album to album, or at least in groups of 2-3 albums. To say they've been doing the same thing forever confuses the hell out of me, because Prowler and The Legacy, let's just say, couldn't be more disparate, and yet both maintain what makes Maiden Maiden. I don't know how you can ask for anything more out of a band. :2cents:

Also, this.

TonyD
06-12-2010, 07:01 PM
And you don't think thrash rides on chromatic half-steps and tri-tone riffs? Thrash songs are easily as ridiculous with E-F or E-Bb progressions as "power metal" (ie according to most people, all traditional metal with melodic vocals) is with i-VI-III-VII progressions.

Didn't say it did, breh :cool:

All I can say is that BNW has it's moments, but I'm not much of a fan of the last 2 albums. And I'm getting pretty sick of talking about Maiden.

JRA
06-12-2010, 08:57 PM

They're building one of those in Bloomington.

Anyways, I know I plug my radio show a lot here, and I'm glad I still have it, but man, sitting in a studio for 2 hours by yourself babysitting music can make you really lonely. I'm fuckin depressed right now.

mankvill
06-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Damnit. They had to cut the Hammerlord show short. Started too late and the openers played for too long, but each band fucking slayed.

Derelict
06-13-2010, 12:25 AM
I think I read that their fries are the least healthy in an american restaraunt chain.

Quite possible, they're pretty greasy

DethMaiden
06-13-2010, 07:36 AM
They're building one of those in Bloomington.

Where?

mankvill
06-13-2010, 11:27 AM
less healthy

more tasty

evildeadjedi
06-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Five guys is quite tasty we got two of them in Cbus one in Dublin off Avery Muirfield Drive and the other off Polaris Parkway.

ChildrenofSodom
06-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Five guys is quite tasty we got two of them in Cbus one in Dublin off Avery Muirfield Drive and the other off Polaris Parkway.

Holy shit, you live in Columbus? Where at?

makethemsuffer12
06-13-2010, 01:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEi9IX_aLdU&feature=related

I just died a little bit on the inside.

evildeadjedi
06-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Holy shit, you live in Columbus? Where at?

Well I'm about 10 minutes north of Columbus but close enough. :D

Maiden33
06-13-2010, 01:20 PM

SomewhereInTime72
06-13-2010, 01:54 PM

Jesus christ, this is fuckin terrible. :hecho: :hecho: :hecho:

At least they know well enough to choose one Maiden's best songs though. :eyes:

Indestructible
06-13-2010, 02:16 PM

That was awful.

Derelict
06-13-2010, 02:27 PM
General rule: if a band is wearing ties, jackets, and jeans, they probably are assholes, making music for other assholes

xStructualDefect
06-14-2010, 07:19 AM
saw Taproot last night at the Whisky. it was a pretty fun show and definently worth $14. these guys were the first show i ever attended back in 2005. so this is the band that got me into going to shows because after seeing them i realized that shows are fun and i should do them a lot more often. i'd write a review of the show but i'm sure no one on this board cares about them.

Derelict
06-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Another general rule: when attempting anything plumbing related, know the location of the water shutoff valve to your house first.

rjturtle9
06-14-2010, 09:04 PM
WTF is up with all the earthquakes in L.A. lately. This makes like the 7th one this year. 2012?

Fires Of Sedition
06-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Yeah, apparently thrash/black/death doesn't "fulfill" him as much as deathcore.

Playing shitty music gets you laid.

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-15-2010, 04:36 AM
Just finished Atlas Shrugged. Holy shit was that a read. Perfectly portrayed the conflict of individuals vs. society, business vs. government, things of that nature. Never thought it could all be put so well-together in a novel. Sums up everything that's wrong with the mentality of people against business, free enterprise, yet for things like "People's States" and heavy government intrusion.

mastodon421
06-15-2010, 04:40 AM
World Cup New Zeland/Slovakia. Pretty good match so far.

DethMaiden
06-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Just finished Atlas Shrugged. Holy shit was that a read. Perfectly portrayed the conflict of individuals vs. society, business vs. government, things of that nature. Never thought it could all be put so well-together in a novel. Sums up everything that's wrong with the mentality of people against business, free enterprise, yet for things like "People's States" and heavy government intrusion.

Super unrealistic though. I'm a pro-business liberal, but I don't believe the government should have no influence on enterprise, because I don't like oil spills and child labor.

JRA
06-15-2010, 07:23 AM
Where?

By the Kroger on the East side.

DethMaiden
06-15-2010, 07:25 AM
By the Kroger on the East side.

Fucking far. Lame.