PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Latest Purchases' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

ravenheart
07-26-2010, 02:36 AM
But it does have the same games as 360, at least, and I don't actually own that system (it's my brother's). So for the Blu-Ray and being able to play the same games I would be buying on 360 anyway, I'll probably get one.

Some. It has some of the same games.

DethMaiden
07-26-2010, 06:58 AM
more like: use ebay and such to get cheap ass used textbooks and sell them to the school bookstore for more than you bought 'em for once you're done.

That's exactly what I do. :fist:

girnny777
07-26-2010, 11:09 AM
KISS - Rock and Roll Over

I love how KISS and Rush CDs are all 9.99 at FYE. It's so awesome to finally build up my library of both bands.

ChildrenofSodom
07-26-2010, 12:12 PM
more like: use ebay and such to get cheap ass used textbooks and sell them to the school bookstore for more than you bought 'em for once you're done.

All of my books are the newest edition, and as such, are not available used. :bouville:

DethMaiden
07-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Just used my eBay money I made from selling my fat shirts to buy:

Immortal shirt
Carcass shirt
Opeth shirt
Clutch shirt
Rush shirt
Megadeth shirt
Flogging Molly shirt
Mastodon shirt
Between the Buried and Me shirt
Anaal Nathrakh - The Codex Necro
Clint Eastwood - Rawhide's Clint Eastwood Sings Cowboy Favorites
Clint Eastwood - Mystic River/Million Dollar Baby/Unforgiven 3 DVD Set
Crisis on Infinite Earths #1
Red Dead Redemption strategy guide

Plenty of money left, actually, plus I got paid today. No complaints.

idrinkwine732
07-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Anaal Nathrakh - The Codex Necro

Manks is happy.
Just used my eBay money I made from selling my fat shirts to buy:

Hey, I wear larges...

DethMaiden
07-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Hey, I wear larges...

:lol: Attempted to be self-deprecating, accidentally deprecated others. My apologies. I don't really think people who wear larges are fatasses. I just think that for my body type, when I was wearing larges, I was a fatass. ;)

idrinkwine732
07-26-2010, 12:56 PM
:lol: Attempted to be self-deprecating, accidentally deprecated others. My apologies. I don't really think people who wear larges are fatasses. I just think that for my body type, when I was wearing larges, I was a fatass. ;)

I'm messin' with you. I prefer my shirts a little big, that's why I wear larges. I've been getting more mediums recently though.

evildeadjedi
07-26-2010, 12:57 PM
but ps3 had no gaems!

Not this again :tp:

ravenheart
07-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Decapitated - Organic Halucinosis
Michael Kiske - The Past In Different Ways
Sasquatch - III

Lethargy shirt
Down London 25/7 event shirt
Thunder Rock & Roll England shirt

Indestructible
07-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2

DethMaiden
07-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2

Without so much as a thank you...

ravenheart
07-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Without so much as a thank you...

That's because he can't spell it.

daimonos
07-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Decapitated - Organic Halucinosis

:eek:

Good choice, though!

Derelict
07-26-2010, 04:02 PM
That's because he can't spell it.

I lol'ed. Also, starting to think Indestructible is a very elaborate troll.

Derelict
07-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Tix for Phillies-Nationals on 20Aug

DethMaiden
07-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Tix for Phillies-Nationals on 20Aug

Too early to tell the probables but hopefully you get Strasburg. I'd love to say I saw him in his rookie year, I think he's gonna be amazing barring a massive injury.

Derelict
07-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Too early to tell the probables but hopefully you get Strasburg. I'd love to say I saw him in his rookie year, I think he's gonna be amazing barring a massive injury.

That would be cool - phils tix have been very hard to get this year, so it was more of a "hey look, 5 tix are available on a friday night" choice.

Derelict
07-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Was looking to check some new shit out tonight, downloaded (legally) the following, based on Brad, Jackson, and some other people on here

Watain - Lawless Darkness
Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones
Barren Earth - Curse of the Red River
Howl - Full of Hell (Deluxe)
Vektor - Black Future
1349 - Demonoir

idrinkwine732
07-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Was looking to check some new shit out tonight, downloaded (legally) the following, based on Brad, Jackson, and some other people on here

Vektor - Black Future
1349 - Demonoir

Success!

All above albums are great

Derelict
07-27-2010, 07:24 PM

Vektor - Black Future
1349 - Demonoir

Also,
Struck By Lightning - Serpents

illninoese
07-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Cobalt - Landfill Breastmilk Beast :rocker:

MunicipalWasted
07-27-2010, 11:50 PM

Vektor - Black Future
1349 - Demonoir

Legally? .. uh, why? Bands don't get that much money from downloads and the quality is the same if you torrent it.

All great albums none the less. Watain FTMFW

illninoese
07-28-2010, 01:13 AM
Legally? .. uh, why? Bands don't get that much money from downloads and the quality is the same if you torrent it.

Ohhhh if only everyone realized this. People always give me shit for still buying CD's. Bands are going to start disappearing since their main source of income now is touring, which costs an arm and two legs to even do nowadays. When that happens, these same people are going to be sitting there, sounding dumb as fuck when they say "What happened to all the bands I used to listen to?". If we don't change this whole digital music scam, it will be us, the metal fans, who will end up suffering the most. :boohoo:

They Are Coming For You
The Reckoning
Arise

idrinkwine732
07-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Ohhhh if only everyone realized this. People always give me shit for still buying CD's. Bands are going to start disappearing since their main source of income now is touring, which costs an arm and two legs to even do nowadays. When that happens, these same people are going to be sitting there, sounding dumb as fuck when they say "What happened to all the bands I used to listen to?". If we don't change this whole digital music scam, it will be us, the metal fans, who will end up suffering the most. :boohoo:

I'd rather him buy it and send the band a nickel than not do it at all. Although the real way to go is buy it from the band directly. @ Concerts are the best.

ravenheart
07-28-2010, 01:56 AM

This. Buy CDs you cheap motherfuckers.

And on legal downloads, why pay money for a shitty product when you can pay the same or only a fraction more for a quality product?

ravenheart
07-28-2010, 01:57 AM
Michael Schenker Group - Walk The Stage (5-disc live box set)

Derelict
07-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Jesus, someone had bought me a giftcard for itunes for christmas that i just got around to using. i'll try to do better with the gifts i receive next time girls.

DethMaiden
07-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Jesus, someone had bought me a giftcard for itunes for christmas that i just got around to using. i'll try to do better with the gifts i receive next time girls.

:lol:

Once again, it never ceases to amaze me how much people care how other people spend their own money.

ravenheart
07-28-2010, 09:07 AM
someone had bought me a giftcard for itunes for christmas

They clearly don't like you.

ravenheart
07-28-2010, 09:08 AM

Once again, it never ceases to amaze me how much people care how other people spend their own money.

Depends why they care. If it's because they bought a CD by a band they think sucks, then that's sad. If it's because the knock-on effect of the purchase has wider ramifications, then their commentary is justified.

powerslave_85
07-28-2010, 09:20 AM
They clearly don't like you.
Eh, I don't mind getting them. I usually save them for when I'm taking a trip and want to put some movies or TV shows on my iPod.

mastodon421
07-28-2010, 10:05 AM
3 Inches Of Blood Shirt
Winds Of Plague Shirt
The Acacia Strain-Wormwood
Howl-Full Of Hell(finally got around to buying it even though it is one of my fave records of the year)

DethMaiden
07-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Superman #701
Wonder Woman #601

And not Ex Machina #50 because it was FUCKING PUSHED BACK. :mad: :mad: :mad:

TonyD
07-28-2010, 10:40 AM

Well put it this way, if I have the choice between buying a CD from Best Buy, FYE, etc... and going to a show and/or buying a shirt directly from the band, I've gotta go with the latter. I don't know the exact number but I think most bands get like a dollar or less from each CD sold.

Derelict
07-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Well put it this way, if I have the choice between buying a CD from Best Buy, FYE, etc... and going to a show and/or buying a shirt directly from the band, I've gotta go with the latter. I don't know the exact number but I think most bands get like a dollar or less from each CD sold.

Met Devin Townsend in 1997 on SYL's first tour, he thanked us for buying shirts cause that's where most bands make all of their money. Bands weren't making shit off of cd's either, this predates the downloading issue.

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 11:00 AM

I didn't read it as "they didn't like what Derelict spent his money on", I read it as "sorry it took me so long to use the gift you gave me - it's not that I didn't appreciate it".

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 11:10 AM
I prefer my shirts a little big, that's why I wear larges. I've been getting more mediums recently though.:lol: If I were to attempt to put on a large shirt, I think it would actually rip.

Having said this, I don't consider myself that fat. I could stand to lose some DNA around my midsection, like almost every guy my age, but my body fat percentage is within normal range, I am pretty athletic, and I even do yoga and have received comments from my instructor and others that I'm amazingly flexible for my height and build. I have to buy XXL in order for shirts to even fit me, and XXXL if I want them to be "roomy".

You svelte lil' broski's make me laff, talkin' bout sizes I ain't worn since damn junior high school 'n' shit. :lol:

EDIT: Must be nice to be able to buy shirts at almost any show you want - I wouldn't know what that's like. :mad:

evildeadjedi
07-28-2010, 11:50 AM
I'd rather him buy it and send the band a nickel than not do it at all. Although the real way to go is buy it from the band directly. @ Concerts are the best.

That's what I try to do as much as possible.

evildeadjedi
07-28-2010, 11:54 AM
:lol: If I were to attempt to put on a large shirt, I think it would actually rip.

Having said this, I don't consider myself that fat. I could stand to lose some DNA around my midsection, like almost every guy my age, but my body fat percentage is within normal range, I am pretty athletic, and I even do yoga and have received comments from my instructor and others that I'm amazingly flexible for my height and build. I have to buy XXL in order for shirts to even fit me, and XXXL if I want them to be "roomy".

You svelte lil' broski's make me laff, talkin' bout sizes I ain't worn since damn junior high school 'n' shit. :lol:

EDIT: Must be nice to be able to buy shirts at almost any show you want - I wouldn't know what that's like. :mad:

Same here man my main issue is no tall sizes. I can fit into some XL shirts but, since I'm 6'8 they are always too short :bouville: :mad: (I had to clean about 25 shirts out of my closet for this reason). I hate when I go to show and there are no XXL, I have had to pass up many great shirts due to this reason.

idrinkwine732
07-28-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm 6'8

Yeah, why do you have to strategically stand in front of me at every show I go to?

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Same here man my main issue is no tall sizes. I can fit into some XL shirts but, since I'm 6'8 they are always too short :bouville: :mad: (I had to clean about 25 shirts out of my closet for this reason). I hate when I go to show and there are no XXL ,I have had to pass up many great shirts due to this.

Wow, you are one tall mother fucker. I'm "only" 6'-4". :D

I'll bet I could pick you out of the crowd next time we end up going to the same show. I'll just walk up to the tallest guy in the joint and say "Evil Dead Jedi?" - what's the worst that could happen? If it isn't you, the dude'll probably high five me anyway and say "I have no idea what you're talking about, but hell yeah I love those movies!" :D

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah, why do you have to strategically stand in front of me at every show I go to?:bawling: ;)

We tall mother fuckers have to win sometimes. They sure don't design airplanes and buses for our asses.

ravenheart
07-28-2010, 12:02 PM
So, the new Sodom double DVD is pretty awesome...

ravenheart
07-28-2010, 12:03 PM
I even do yoga

Girl.

;)

ChildrenofSodom
07-28-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm gonna start buying some XL shirts (to add to the previous conversation.) I've lost about 25 lbs since June 12, and I'm fitting into some of my old band t-shirts. Rocking the Stand Up and Shout shirt today. :horns:

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Girl.

;)
The class consists mostly of young women who are in rather good shape, yes. I do not find this to be a problem at all. ;)

EDIT: In fact, class starts in about two hours, and I couldn't be happier about it. :fist:

ravenheart
07-28-2010, 12:08 PM
I've lost about 25 lbs since June 12

Cut off your feet?

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Cut off your feet?http://images.free-extras.com/pics/d/doh_homer_simpson-1084.jpg

Derelict
07-28-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm gonna start buying some XL shirts (to add to the previous conversation.) I've lost about 25 lbs since June 12, and I'm fitting into some of my old band t-shirts. Rocking the Stand Up and Shout shirt today. :horns:

Such a great feeling fitting into something that you used to be too fat for! I also love when you can bring your belt in one size, there should be like a ceremony for it.

evildeadjedi
07-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Wow, you are one tall mother fucker. I'm "only" 6'-4". :D

I'll bet I could pick you out of the crowd next time we end up going to the same show. I'll just walk up to the tallest guy in the joint and say "Evil Dead Jedi?" - what's the worst that could happen? If it isn't you, the dude'll probably high five me anyway and say "I have no idea what you're talking about, but hell yeah I love those movies!" :D

Yes, it shouldn't be too tough. :metal:

Are you going to try to make the American Carnage show in October at The LC?

We tall mother fuckers have to win sometimes. They sure don't design airplanes and buses for our asses

Exactly or most cars for example, I used to drive an old Honda Accord that was known as "the go-kart" since it felt and looked like I was drive a damn go cart. :lol: None of the power windows worked, no AC and the thing was a money pit, so to say it was hell driving that piece of shit is an understatement.

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Are you going to try to make the American Carnage show in October at The LC?I'm thinking about it, but I'm not sure yet. Five days before that is Immolation & Vader at Peabody's, which is on my brother's birthday, and three days after is Triptykon at the Grog, which I'd also love to see. I'm usually unable to go to several shows in close proximity (time-wise) to each other, since I'm married with kids. "The Boss" :nag: doesn't appreciate me gallivanting around at metal shows instead of being a dad, but one show every once in a while is not a problem. ;)

Oh, and I've seen Slayer three times and Anthrax at least once, but those shows were all about twenty years ago. I've never cared for Megadeth. I'd like to see Slayer again, but I'm not sure if I want to see them bad enough to pay fifty bucks or more, plus gas money to Columbus & back.

ChildrenofSodom
07-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Cut off your feet?

Well, my head got me down 15, and then I just touch a knife to my inner thighs and the undersides of my arm.

Such a great feeling fitting into something that you used to be too fat for! I also love when you can bring your belt in one size, there should be like a ceremony for it.

I was already on the first notch of my belt this past winter (I only wear a belt with dress pants.) I'm going to have to buy a new belt altogether!

DethMaiden
07-28-2010, 12:36 PM
I've never cared for Megadeth.

You so crazy.

idrinkwine732
07-28-2010, 12:48 PM
:bawling: ;)

We tall mother fuckers have to win sometimes. They sure don't design airplanes and buses for our asses.

There's this one guy who's probably about 6'4" or 6'5" and he used to go to literally every show I went to, and almost every time he would end up right in front of me. I don't like you people.

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 12:54 PM
There's this one guy who's probably about 6'4" or 6'5" and he used to go to literally every show I went to, and almost every time he would end up right in front of me. I don't like you people.
http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/robertdjr.jpg
What do you mean, "you people"?!?

evildeadjedi
07-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah, why do you have to strategically stand in front of me at every show I go to?

Why did you quote yourself? :lol:

evildeadjedi
07-28-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm thinking about it, but I'm not sure yet. Five days before that is Immolation & Vader at Peabody's, which is on my brother's birthday, and three days after is Triptykon at the Grog, which I'd also love to see. I'm usually unable to go to several shows in close proximity (time-wise) to each other, since I'm married with kids. "The Boss" :nag: doesn't appreciate me gallivanting around at metal shows instead of being a dad, but one show every once in a while is not a problem. ;)

Oh, and I've seen Slayer three times and Anthrax at least once, but those shows were all about twenty years ago. I've never cared for Megadeth. I'd like to see Slayer again, but I'm not sure if I want to see them bad enough to pay fifty bucks or more, plus gas money to Columbus & back.

Ah the ole ball and chain, that's understandable and I don't blame you for not wanting to pay the gas money to Cbus and back (it's why I'm very selective about out of town shows myself).

idrinkwine732
07-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Why did you quote yourself? :lol:

What do you mean? I didn't do that :eyes::eyes::eyes:

Natrlhi
07-28-2010, 01:22 PM
What do you mean? I didn't do that :eyes::eyes::eyes:Yes, you did.

But we forgive you because you like Giant Squid. ;)

NecroRob
07-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Just got the new Loathsome demo Lepers of the Loathsome in the mail. 1 of only 100 copies and it was only $5 including shipping :rocker:

mankvill
07-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Gravehill - Rites Of The Pentagram/Metal Of Death (CD/DVD)
Radiohead - Amnesiac

ravenheart
07-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Play.com just re-stocked their ridiculous clearout sale with more titles. Picked up:

Satyricon - Age of Nero - 2.99
Wednesday 13 - Bloodwork - 2.99
Fu Manchu - We Must Obey - 3.99
Gamma Ray - To The Metal (CD+DVD) - 4.99
Voivod - Infini - 3.99
The 11th Hour - Burden of Grief - 3.99
Queen - Live In Ukraine (2CD+DVD) - 7.99
Katatonia - The Longest Year EP - 2.99
Novembre - Blue - 2.99
Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum - 3.99
Throwdown - Deathless - 4.99
Paradox - Riot Squad - 4.99

evildeadjedi
07-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum - 3.99

Absolute classic right there! :rocker:

ravenheart
07-29-2010, 03:55 AM
Overkill - Fuck You And Then Some/Feel The Fire

daimonos
07-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Decrepit Birth - Polarity
Carcass - Swansong

Now I own all of the Carcass albums. I still need to pick up the Wake Up and Smell the Carcass compilation though.

mankvill
07-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Overkill - Fuck You And Then Some/Feel The Fire

WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY

makethemsuffer12
07-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Chimaira - Coming Alive at Mayhem yesterday. 2 DVDs and 1 CD for 20 bucks :D

ChildrenofSodom
07-30-2010, 09:38 AM
I bought Darkest Hour, Between the Buried and Me, and Blind Guardian "Nightfall" shirts.

illninoese
07-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Diabolical Masquerade - Ravendusk In My Heart

DethMaiden
07-30-2010, 06:49 PM
Diabolical Masquerade - Ravendusk In My Heart

I FUCKING HATE THIS ALBUM.

Sorry, carry on.

ChildrenofSodom
07-30-2010, 07:11 PM

Sorry, carry on.

Why so passionate?

illninoese
07-30-2010, 07:46 PM

Sorry, carry on.

What the fuck? Why? It's pretty good I think.

DethMaiden
07-30-2010, 07:51 PM
I've just had it shoved down my throat by so many friends who have their heads up its ass, and I absolutely hate weird folk instrument black metal and symphonic black metal and it's both. Plus it has really ridiculous-sounding and poorly done clean vocals. I only really hate it because I keep having to hear it.

illninoese
07-30-2010, 08:02 PM
I've just had it shoved down my throat by so many friends who have their heads up its ass, and I absolutely hate weird folk instrument black metal and symphonic black metal and it's both. Plus it has really ridiculous-sounding and poorly done clean vocals. I only really hate it because I keep having to hear it.

Valid enough reason. I'm sure everyone on this forum can relate to that since we've all experienced it with a certain genre of metal known as deathcore.......bahhhhhhh :banghead:
And I bought solely because it's a side project of Anders from Katatonia. Gotta support the bands you love and the members!

ravenheart
08-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Jimi Hendrix - Valleys of Neptune
Prong - Scorpio Rising
Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughan - In Session
Marilyn Manson - Holy Wood
Marilyn Manson - The Golden Age of Grotesque

daimonos
08-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Possessed - Seven Churches
Autopsy - Mental Funeral

ravenheart
08-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Prong - 100% Live
Van Zant - My Kind of Country
Thunderbrew - Misery
Marilyn Manson - High End of Low

powerslave_85
08-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Kick-Ass on Blu-Ray :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

TonyD
08-03-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm gonna have to pick up a couple of Devin Townsend's albums that were just released on vinyl

TonyD
08-05-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm gonna have to pick up a couple of Devin Townsend's albums that were just released on vinyl

On an unrelated note, I just picked up a copy of Alien on 2x10" vinyl, number 10 of 500 :D

Natrlhi
08-05-2010, 01:46 PM
[A modified version of] this picture:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Dm5qPZ9wn6s/Rkc07wunluI/AAAAAAAAAqw/nN7PmJLR5jY/s320/Primus-Sailing_the_Seas_of_Cheese.jpg

On one of these:
http://www.buymerchant.net/images/products/secondary/180.jpg

...and on the back it says:

"When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees, come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese"

...in bright yellow script letters between the shoulder blades. :fist:

makethemsuffer12
08-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Fallout 3 (PS3) for only 10 bucks :D

mankvill
08-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Fallout 3 (PS3) for only 10 bucks :D

You should get at least 10 times that amount out of the game. :D So good.

JRA
08-05-2010, 06:47 PM
AC/DC- Back In Black

TonyD
08-05-2010, 07:06 PM
AC/DC- Back In Black

WHAT

JRA
08-05-2010, 09:11 PM
WHAT

Yea I knew this was gonna happen.

Here's the story: About...6 or 7 years ago I bought a birthday present for my former best friend which was Back In Black. This was back when I was at Keene State College and was working at the radio station there. Of course we were more than free to burn the CD's there onto our computers and such. I normally don't like stealing music like that but since a) that album has sold a bajillion fuck ton of copies, and b) I already bought a separate copy for my best friend, I more or less felt entitled to a "free" copy and so I burned the album onto my computer and thus my iPod. I've always "had" it, just not a physical copy, and I didn't think I needed one. I still don't think I need one, but... I don't know. I guess it's slightly more right to put the actual CD into the radio station's CD player rather than just a second generation burned copy.

TonyD
08-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Yea I knew this was gonna happen.

...burned copy.

Ok I would be more shocked if you never listened to the whole thing.

IrritatedTrout
08-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror
Iron Maiden - Edward the Great

Been holding off on buying Edward for years now simply because there were no songs I didn't have on it.

DethMaiden
08-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Been holding off on buying Edward for years now simply because there were no songs I didn't have on it.

Then why did you buy it at all? :confused:

IrritatedTrout
08-06-2010, 06:22 PM
To complete the collection obviously. The booklet is nice too.

JRA
08-06-2010, 06:25 PM
To complete the collection obviously.

...and this is why Maiden keeps putting out stupid shit (i.e. greatest hits collections). I thought no one could touch Maiden between 2000-2006, and even between then I've only owned two greatest hits collections, one of them was because I was morbidly curious about the game that came with one of them.

Immortal- Pure Holocaust

IrritatedTrout
08-06-2010, 06:34 PM
I own 4. One had unreleased material when it came out (Essential), one has an exclusive track and the game (Ed Hunter), one is fucking phenominal because it's a hardback book with awesome liner notes and photos (Best of the Beast), and the other is just a regular greatest hits.

Yeah, I don't see a problem with that.

evildeadjedi
08-06-2010, 07:17 PM
I also feel Best of the Beast was worth the price.

Butcher of Birth
08-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Sabaton - Coat of Arms
Eluveitie - Slania
Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine

And my 1st Tattoo:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs189.snc4/37789_451863213114_612163114_6202076_2891463_n.jpg

makethemsuffer12
08-06-2010, 08:13 PM
And my 1st Tattoo:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs189.snc4/37789_451863213114_612163114_6202076_2891463_n.jpg

INTO THE ABYSS I'LL FALL! THE EYE OF HOOOOORUS!

TonyD
08-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Iron Maiden - Edward the Great

I don't know where it is, but somewhere on the intraweb there's a review something along the lines of:

"I refuse to review an Iron Maiden greatest hits album that doesn't include anything from IM or Killers."

Travis The Dragon
08-06-2010, 11:08 PM
I don't know where it is, but somewhere on the intraweb there's a review something along the lines of:

"I refuse to review an Iron Maiden greatest hits album that doesn't include anything from IM or Killers."

How can you not include stuff from the first 2 albums? There's some great material on those.

ravenheart
08-07-2010, 02:14 PM

Fail because you're wearing sandals.

mankvill
08-07-2010, 02:17 PM

Just because it's never warm enough to wear sandals in the UK doesn't mean you gotta be a hater.

ravenheart
08-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Just because it's never warm enough to wear sandals in the UK doesn't mean you gotta be a hater.

That doesn't stop people trying. Don't worry, y'all aren't alone, they look fucking awful here too.

Butcher of Birth
08-07-2010, 10:04 PM

I live in Florida! haha We are hardly NEVER wearing Flip-Flops or "sandals" haha.

But the tattoo itself is ballin' as fuck!

JRA
08-07-2010, 10:10 PM
How can you not include stuff from the first 2 albums? There's some great material on those.

I never understood why they did that on not one but 2 of their greatest hits albums either.

TonyD
08-08-2010, 12:12 AM

:lol: this

ChildrenofSodom
08-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Just got my Blind Guardian "Nightfall" shirt in. That plus Darkest Hour, BTBAM, and Cynic makes four shirts I will debut at college for no one to recognize. The things I do to "stay metal." :tp:

Indestructible
08-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Green day tickets. The show already happened but that was the last thing i bought.

ravenheart
08-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Fu Manchu - Go For It... Live!
Unida/Dozer - Double EP
Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction - Rock Savage
Lost Breed - Save Yourself (Wino! :D)
Blue Cheer - The Beast Is Back

Final Fantasy Crisis Core for PSP
NBA Live '09 for Xbox 360
Brutal Legend for Xbox 360
Samsung Story Station 1TB External Hard Drive
Ticket for the first Nets-Raptors game in London
Ticket for GN'R in London
Ticket for GN'R in Birmingham
Ticket for GN'R in Manchester
A double bed
BT Hudson DECT Phones (trio)

Next: A sofa, an HD TV, ticket for Richie Kotzen.

makethemsuffer12
08-09-2010, 03:27 PM

Dayum, you must really love the Axl Rose Band.

daimonos
08-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Unida/Dozer - Double EP
Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction - Rock Savage
Lost Breed - Save Yourself (Wino! :D)
Blue Cheer - The Beast Is Back

Final Fantasy Crisis Core for PSP
NBA Live '09 for Xbox 360
Brutal Legend for Xbox 360
Samsung Story Station 1TB External Hard Drive
Ticket for the first Nets-Raptors game in London
A double bed
BT Hudson DECT Phones (trio)

:money:

TonyD
08-10-2010, 02:03 AM

I'm convinced the only way you can afford all of these albums/tickets and have the time to listen/go to all of them is that you're a drug dealer.

Derelict
08-10-2010, 06:14 AM
I'm convinced the only way you can afford all of these albums/tickets and have the time to listen/go to all of them is that you're a drug dealer.

Male prostitute

daimonos
08-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Black Label Society - Order of the Black

ravenheart
08-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Dayum, you must really love the Axl Rose Band.

'fraid so.

ravenheart
08-10-2010, 12:21 PM

:lol: Not quite.. :lol: But I earn enough to get by :)

Plus, CDs really aren't that expensive if you don't buy them at full price.

Crionics
08-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Fable II for $15 :party:

idrinkwine732
08-10-2010, 11:59 PM
http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/IMcXJ1kkVszsIEJqI9oas5gV5fd8nDhXJlP3EX97625ykvNa8W WB04AxBDerdfaTcTRrmH0veDCqT3_FrT61q_RaHZ9l3vVRmPv6 ntBjhx8ElG-7ks4dkyPza9OP8fg8NOp0qAHn-_G9onoSwDFUVb8

Really.

daimonos
08-11-2010, 08:54 AM
http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/IMcXJ1kkVszsIEJqI9oas5gV5fd8nDhXJlP3EX97625ykvNa8W WB04AxBDerdfaTcTRrmH0veDCqT3_FrT61q_RaHZ9l3vVRmPv6 ntBjhx8ElG-7ks4dkyPza9OP8fg8NOp0qAHn-_G9onoSwDFUVb8

Really.

:rocker:

TonyD
08-11-2010, 10:46 AM
I approve too.

daimonos
08-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
Bathory - The Return...

It is a good day indeed.

Fires Of Sedition
08-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Left 4 Dead 2

NecroRob
08-11-2010, 10:40 PM

Really.

FUCK. YES.

JRA
08-11-2010, 10:47 PM

I'm convinced he never actually had a record collection before coming to this site aside from WASP and Guns N Roses. And he slept on the floor, or in a chair.

Derelict
08-11-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm convinced he never actually had a record collection before coming to this site aside from WASP and Guns N Roses. And he slept on the floor, or in a chair.

Eh, he's English - they are more miserable than we are

JRA
08-11-2010, 10:56 PM
he can't be more miserable than this guy (who actually lives in the US):

http://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2010/08/hitchens-talks-to-goldblog-about-cancer-and-god/61072/

"How are you?"

"I'm dying...[you stupid bastard]."

evildeadjedi
08-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Left 4 Dead 2

360 or PC?

ravenheart
08-12-2010, 10:50 AM

Nope and nope.

JRA
08-12-2010, 11:57 AM
High On Fire- Snakes For The Divine

Fires Of Sedition
08-12-2010, 12:00 PM
360 or PC?

mankvill
08-12-2010, 12:14 PM

Me too!

Fires Of Sedition
08-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Me too!

:fist:

mankvill
08-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Boris - Japanese Heavy Rock Hits Vol. 1
Boris - Japanese Heavy Rock Hits Vol. 2

WHY DO I BUY RECORDS WHEN I DON'T EVEN HAVE A RECORD PLAYER

ravenheart
08-12-2010, 03:02 PM
WHY DO I BUY RECORDS WHEN I DON'T EVEN HAVE A RECORD PLAYER

Hipster... ;)

mankvill
08-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Hipster... ;)

:bawling:

JRA
08-12-2010, 03:42 PM
:bawling:

I was expecting an insult against the English.

Why is limey a slur anyway?

mankvill
08-12-2010, 05:14 PM
I was expecting an insult against the English.

Why is limey a slur anyway?

YOU YANKS ARE OVERPAID, OVERSEXED, AND OVER HERE!

YOU LIMEYS ARE UNDERPAID, UNDERSEXED, AND UNDER EISENHOWER!

TonyD
08-12-2010, 06:53 PM
ahem...
Torche/Boris split 10", and I ordered Ziltoid on vinyl
http://corporateknightsforum.com/images/uploads/coffee_beans.jpg

ShatteredFlame
08-12-2010, 06:59 PM
ahem...
and I ordered Ziltoid on vinyl

From where? That international site he posted on his official site? How much did shipping and everything come out to?

I ordered on vinyl
Autopsy - new ep (pre-ordered)
Boris - Amplifier Worship (wish I picked it up at the show)
Wolves in the Throne Room - Malevolent Grain ep

JRA
08-12-2010, 07:01 PM
YOU YANKS ARE OVERPAID, OVERSEXED, AND OVER HERE!

YOU LIMEYS ARE UNDERPAID, UNDERSEXED, AND UNDER EISENHOWER!

For being underpaid they're doing pretty good. The man buys more CDs in a day than I do in two months.

mankvill
08-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Boris - Amplifier Worship (wish I picked it up at the show)

best fucking doom metal album of all time.

TonyD
08-12-2010, 07:48 PM
From where? That international site he posted on his official site? How much did shipping and everything come out to?

My local, independent record store :cool:
It was $30, plus tax.

ChildrenofSodom
08-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Just bought an Indiana University shirt, to show support for my Hoosier buddies.

IrritatedTrout
08-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Rush - Roll the Bones

DethMaiden
08-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Just bought an Indiana University shirt, to show support for my Hoosier buddies.

rjturtle9
08-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Pre-ordered The Final Frontier. Gonna go pick it up tomorrow.

:party:

treghet
08-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Judas Priest British Steel shirt.

TonyD
08-17-2010, 02:06 AM
Judas Priest British Steel shirt.

Wore that shit with the 1980 tour dates on the back at least once a week during 8th and 9th grade til people started asking me if it was an original.

ravenheart
08-17-2010, 02:35 AM
Stiltskin - The Mind's Eye
Gemini Five - Babylon Rockets
Foghat - Foghat (Rock And Roll)
Jimi Hendrix - Blue Wild Angel (2CD+DVD)
George Carlin - A Place For My Stuff

Someone told me about a tiny record store in Birmingham that's closing down and selling off all their stock for ridiculous money. Ordered the following for a total of 16 including shipping:

W.A.S.P. - Babylon
Runamok - Runamok
Parlor Mob - And You Were A Crow
Joe Satriani - Is The Love In Space?
Battlezone - Feel My Pain
Ugly Kid Joe - Ugly As It Gets
Yngwie Malmsteen - Fire And Ice
Memory Garden - Tides
Onslaught - Live Damnation
Brainstorm - Hungry (2CD)

DethMaiden
08-17-2010, 07:27 AM
Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

:bliss: It's new Maiden day.

makethemsuffer12
08-17-2010, 08:48 AM
:bliss: It's legal new Maiden day.

Fixed. ;)

evildeadjedi
08-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Boris - Amplifier Worship best fucking doom metal album of all time.

What are you smoking Mank? :confused:

idrinkwine732
08-17-2010, 11:53 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_t4OlmE9KLrs/SQt2Tr9pElI/AAAAAAAAAZw/TC2d1K6hKH4/s320/Sleep%27s_Holy_Mountain.jpg

DethMaiden
08-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Ahem.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xo3Q_Ino1mA/R-5c0DAhSiI/AAAAAAAAAHw/KBb5jbwLK20/s400/My+Dying+Bride+-+The+Angel+And+The+Dark+River+-+front+pic.jpg

IrritatedTrout
08-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier :D

mankvill
08-17-2010, 12:27 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_t4OlmE9KLrs/SQt2Tr9pElI/AAAAAAAAAZw/TC2d1K6hKH4/s320/Sleep%27s_Holy_Mountain.jpg

Stoner metal

:stoned:

mankvill
08-17-2010, 12:27 PM
What are you smoking Mank? :confused:

The best weed because it makes Amplifier Worship that much better. :stoned:

evildeadjedi
08-17-2010, 12:47 PM
The best weed because it makes Amplifier Worship that much better. :stoned:

That explains it! Oh and these two albums would like a word with you:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a2/Dopethrone.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/Sleep-dopesmoker.jpg

Besides those Candlemass: Nightfall, Saint Vitus s/t and Born too late, Trouble s/t, Cathedral: Forest of Equilibrium, and Pentagram Relentless to name a few.

The art on Dopesmoker is sweet I would love to have a large print of it framed.

mankvill
08-17-2010, 12:48 PM

Yes!

mankvill
08-17-2010, 12:51 PM
That explains it! Oh and these two albums would like a word with you:

http://www.amazon.com/Dopethrone-Electric-Wizard/dp/B000055ZDT

http://www.amazon.com/Dopesmoker-Sleep/dp/B00008V5VN

I like those two albums as well! But Amplifier Worship is my favorite doom (or drone/doom if you wanna go there) album. :stoned:

evildeadjedi
08-17-2010, 12:56 PM
I like those two albums as well! But Amplifier Worship is my favorite doom (or drone/doom if you wanna go there) album. :stoned:

Oh okay that's cool "favorite" sounds better than "best".

powerslave_85
08-17-2010, 01:19 PM

Yes!
This :party:

ravenheart
08-17-2010, 05:07 PM

http://www.metal-archives.com/images/4/8/2/482.jpg

Discussion over.

Most of what evildeadjedi said too, with a few more recent additions.

ravenheart
08-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Johnny Cash - American VI: Ain't No Grave
King Diamond - Deadly Lullabies
Circle II Circle - Burden of Truth
Thunder - 20 Years And Out: 03.07.09 Manchester Academy
Thunder - 20 Years And Out: 10.07.09 Wolverhampton Civic Hall
Thunder - 20 Years And Out: 11.07.09 Hammersmith Apollo

evildeadjedi
08-17-2010, 05:20 PM

Discussion over.

Most definitely gotta know the roots!

mankvill
08-17-2010, 06:05 PM

Discussion over.

Whatever, old-timer.

daimonos
08-17-2010, 08:14 PM

Discussion over.

Ahem.

http://fresh.snowboardermag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/master_of_reality.jpg

mankvill
08-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Ahem.

http://fresh.snowboardermag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/master_of_reality.jpg

:fist: Best Sabbath album ever!

makethemsuffer12
08-18-2010, 08:17 AM
Ahem.

This.

I know people always say Sabbath were the first metal band, and I do agree, but I don't really consider their first two to be metal albums. This heavy motherfucker, on the other hand...

JRA
08-18-2010, 11:29 AM
so i'm at the mall right now ( and incidentally i am typing this from an iPad at a mac store) and i see sleep's jerusalem, should i actually get this or is it basically a cheap knockoff of dopesmoker, and thus hold out for that?

daimonos
08-18-2010, 11:33 AM
so i'm at the mall right now ( and incidentally i am typing this from an iPad at a mac store) and i see sleep's jerusalem, should i actually get this or is it basically a cheap knockoff of dopesmoker, and thus hold out for that?

Dopesmoker > Jerusalem

They're essentially the same thing, but Jerusalem has the song cut up into 6 or 7 tracks that end in strange places. I think there's about 10 minutes of the song thats missing too, but I'm not completely sure.

mankvill
08-18-2010, 11:46 AM

Hold out for Dopesmoker

elturtleboy
08-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Pantera-Vintage Cowboys From Hell Kills Tour shirt. :cowboy:
Brutal Truth-Pigs Shirt :pig:
Mercyful Fate-9 shirt

daimonos
08-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi / Hordanes Land (I already have Hordanes Land, but this was the only version of Vikingligr I could find)
Enslaved - Eld

Crionics
08-18-2010, 01:56 PM
A day late but

Iron Maiden- The Final Frontier

idrinkwine732
08-18-2010, 02:08 PM
A day late but

Iron Maiden- The Final Frontier

NOT A TRUE FAN

:chair::chair::headoff::headoff::nutkick::nutkick: :axe::axe:

;)

JRA
08-18-2010, 02:14 PM
NOT A TRUE FAN

:violin::violin::violin::violin::violin::violin:
;)

I still haven't bought it yet and I'm probably not going to. I'm sick of Maiden proving their critics right in the studio.

Rush-All The World's A Stage
Choosing Death- The Improbable History of Death Metal & Grindcore (more like Inpropable, amirite?)

Crionics
08-18-2010, 02:22 PM
NOT A TRUE FAN

:chair::chair::headoff::headoff::nutkick::nutkick: :axe::axe:

;)

By "1 day late" I meant I forgot to post this yesterday :lol: ;)

idrinkwine732
08-18-2010, 02:33 PM
I still haven't bought it yet and I'm probably not going to. I'm sick of Maiden proving their critics right in the studio.

...Go on...

SomewhereInTime72
08-18-2010, 03:48 PM
I was also a day late with buying TFF because I was sick yesterday and somehow slept until 3 pm. There's no more music stores near me (:wtf:) so I have to travel 70 minutes or so each way to get to Manhattan to shop... except I had a doctors appointment at 5, and got home again at 6:30. The only store I know the hours to in Manhattan closes at 7:30 on weekdays. :bouville:

To make matters worse, my ipod on shuffle chose Maiden songs 75% of the time, furthering my frustration. :tongue: But I have it now. :lovedup:

JRA
08-18-2010, 04:15 PM
I was also a day late with buying TFF because I was sick yesterday and somehow slept until 3 pm. There's no more music stores near me (:wtf:) so I have to travel 70 minutes or so each way to get to Manhattan to shop...

Damn. Don't let anybody say that there isn't someone out there who have things worse off than you.

larvtard
08-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Choosing Death- The Improbable History of Death Metal & Grindcore (more like Inpropable, amirite?)

Let me know how that is. I have the Hall of Fame book, that one's pretty good.

Brutal Truth-Pigs Shirt

this one?
http://www.warlordclothing.com/store/images/ii_1377.gif

I've got this one:

http://pad.indiemerch.com/i/e/0/e034e75c12/188.jpg

SomewhereInTime72
08-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Damn. Don't let anybody say that there isn't someone out there who have things worse off than you.

I don't get it.

JRA
08-18-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't get it.

70 minutes to the nearest music store? and here I thought I had it rough with three record stores never having what I want.

elturtleboy
08-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Let me know how that is. I have the Hall of Fame book, that one's pretty good.

this one?
http://www.warlordclothing.com/store/images/ii_1377.gif

I've got this one:

http://pad.indiemerch.com/i/e/0/e034e75c12/188.jpg

yeah that was the only Brutal truth shirt my local metal shop had in my size. I like it tho. That shirts fuckin sick! Ill get it if i ever see em at a show. Hopefully they come soon.

TonyD
08-19-2010, 03:04 AM
I was also a day late with buying TFF because I was sick yesterday and somehow slept until 3 pm. There's no more music stores near me (:wtf:) so I have to travel 70 minutes or so each way to get to Manhattan to shop... except I had a doctors appointment at 5, and got home again at 6:30. The only store I know the hours to in Manhattan closes at 7:30 on weekdays. :bouville:

To make matters worse, my ipod on shuffle chose Maiden songs 75% of the time, furthering my frustration. :tongue: But I have it now. :lovedup:

Manhattan NY?

JRA
08-19-2010, 08:53 AM
At The Gates- The Flames of the End DVD

SomewhereInTime72
08-19-2010, 09:58 AM
70 minutes to the nearest music store? and here I thought I had it rough with three record stores never having what I want.

Ah, yeah. Back in the good old days there were 3 different stores within walking distance of me that I could go to. They all slowly closed down. :( Nowadays I have to go to downtown Manhattan or other areas of Brooklyn that take about as long to get to as lower Manhattan to buy such stuff.
Manhattan NY?

manhattan, illinois actually it's really hard to get to but thats life.

es156
08-19-2010, 03:54 PM
manhattan, illinois actually it's really hard to get to but thats life.

I stopped there for gas on the way to OzzFest Tuesday. It's not hard to get to at all.

mankvill
08-19-2010, 03:55 PM
There's a Manhattan, KS too! That's where K-State is.

elturtleboy
08-19-2010, 08:58 PM
oh i forgot before i got those

Fuck The Facts-logo shirt/patch
Scion-free metal shirt.:D

Indestructible
08-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Agent orange by Sodom
Souls of Black 'and ''demonic by Testament
Join The Army by Suicidal Tendencies
Outworld By outworld

Police State 4 the rise of fema by alex jones from his info wars shop.
http://www.infowarsshop.com/Police-State-4-The-Rise-of-FEMA_p_37.html

Infowars pens from the alex jones infowar shop
http://www.infowarsshop.com/Infowars-Pens_p_335.html

mankvill
08-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Agent orange by Sodom

In a world of blackness...a shining, glimmering hope.

JRA
08-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Cynic- Traced In Air

JRA
08-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Traded in some used games and got

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
2000 Wii points
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (used)

Natrlhi
08-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones ($10)
Clutch - Live at the 9:30 2xDVD ($15)
PRIMUS - Hallucino-Genetics: Live 2004 2xDVD ($15)

It was an excellent weekend. This is me right now. ---> :D

:party: :rocker: :party:

DethMaiden
08-23-2010, 01:53 PM
http://www.jerseysleague.com/images/nfl-Cincinnati%20Bengals/JerseysLeague_Ochocinco_orange.jpg

Also, Letters from Iwo Jima DVD (5 bucks!), new Skullcandy headphones, and a shit ton of delicious sour Jelly Bellys.

daimonos
08-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones ($10)

Why did you not have this already? ;)

Natrlhi
08-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Why did you not have this already? ;)

I was gonna buy it directly from the band at the show on 10/13, but since I'm not 100% assured of going and I saw it for ten bucks, I said "SNAG!"

I still haven't bought HOWL yet for the same reason - I'm still holding out hope that I'll be seeing them live on 9/19, but no guarantees there either. :(

daimonos
08-23-2010, 02:06 PM
I was gonna buy it directly from the band at the show on 10/13, but since I'm not 100% assured of going and I saw it for ten bucks, I said "SNAG!"

I still haven't bought HOWL yet for the same reason - I'm still holding out hope that I'll be seeing them live on 9/19, but no guarantees there either. :(

Gotcha. Well, it's a kickass album so have fun with it :tongue:

And you should totally be going to see them by the way. :lol:

larvtard
08-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Skullcandy headphones

JLRedWing13
08-23-2010, 02:36 PM
new Skullcandy headphones
How many pairs of those have you gone through previously?

DethMaiden
08-23-2010, 02:50 PM
How many pairs of those have you gone through previously?

This is my second, the last ones snapped. The audio didn't stop working, the actual plastic gave.

Also, I don't really care what they look like or what they make me look like. I care what they sound like, and they sound good.

TonyD
08-23-2010, 03:21 PM
2 tickets for Alice in Chains/Mastodon in San Jose for $20 flat on ticketmaster... yeah :cool:

treghet
08-23-2010, 03:28 PM
This is my second, the last ones snapped. The audio didn't stop working, the actual plastic gave.

Also, I don't really care what they look like or what they make me look like. I care what they sound like, and they sound good.

I've been considering buying those over my typical $100 Bose earphones. While the Bose ones sound great, they don't last long. The audio seems to die around the sixth month of use. The original iPod earphones (which sound and feel terrible in your ears) lasted me FOREVER. I accidentally washed them and then dried them and they still work perfectly fine, even though the cord is all burnt.

Anyway, how long did you have the Skullcandy ones before the cord snapped?

DethMaiden
08-23-2010, 03:29 PM
I've been considering buying those over my typical $100 Bose earphones. While the Bose ones sound great, they don't last long. The audio seems to die around the sixth month of use. The original iPod earphones (which sound and feel terrible in your ears) lasted me FOREVER. I accidentally washed them and then dried them and they still work perfectly fine, even though the cord is all burnt.

Anyway, how long did you have the Skullcandy ones before the cord snapped?

Nine months or so, but the audio was still as good as it was the day I bought them...I'm going to not sleep with these on and see how long they last, because that's what snapped 'em. :eyes:

TonyD
08-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Nine months or so, but the audio was still as good as it was the day I bought them...I'm going to not sleep with these on and see how long they last, because that's what snapped 'em. :eyes:

I think there's some deal on the website, that if you break them, even if it's your fault, you get 50% off a new pair.

DethMaiden
08-23-2010, 05:37 PM
I think there's some deal on the website, that if you break them, even if it's your fault, you get 50% off a new pair.

Yeah I've definitely heard something about that but I only buy 'em when they're on clearance anyway.

Hence my new ones having "Cavaliers 23" on the cans. :eyes: :eyes:

idrinkwine732
08-24-2010, 12:42 AM
2 tickets for Alice in Chains/Mastodon in San Jose for $20 flat on ticketmaster... yeah :cool:

You didn't need to buy tickets for me, Tony.

EvilCheeseWedge
08-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Bose is fucking terrible audio equipment. I encourage everybody to not waste their money on it.

Just wanted to throw that out there...

Latest purchases:

Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier (well, that was last week, but still.)
Droid X!
Tacos

evildeadjedi
08-24-2010, 09:16 AM
http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/9402/9402844_sa.jpg http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/9807/9807643_sa.jpg

Only 43 bucks at Best Buy for game and two turntables, sadly no microphone somewhere Beck gently weeps.

As for headphones, I have pair of Sony ones I have had for nearly 7 years no issues at all. I think they cost around 30 bucks. I'm using some Sony earbuds on my mp3 player and that have been going strong for about five years. I really want to buy a pair of Turtle Beaches for PC and console gaming eventually though.

daimonos
08-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

One of the very first albums I ever bought. Hearing it for the first time in years was awesome. I was suprised at how good it actually is. I've been listenin to nothing but Sabbath for a couple days now too :lol:

Derelict
08-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Officially booked on 70,000 tons...

mastodon421
08-24-2010, 03:27 PM
The Sword-Warp Riders for only 9 bucks:rocker:

Div
08-24-2010, 04:10 PM

fuck

you

:bouville:

elturtleboy
08-24-2010, 08:57 PM

go to represent all of us here at metalsetlists.com.

ChildrenofSodom
08-26-2010, 09:45 AM
I just bought the P90X Yoga DVD. I don't plan on doing the whole program, but I wanted to supplement my Insanity with some extra stretching to improve my endurance, strength, and weight loss.

Natrlhi
08-26-2010, 10:09 AM
I just bought the P90X Yoga DVD. I don't plan on doing the whole program, but I wanted to supplement my Insanity with some extra stretching to improve my endurance, strength, and weight loss.
That was my favorite workout in the P90X program. Not only did I actually look forward to Thursdays like never before (because that was yoga day every week), but I credit that DVD for getting me into yoga, which I have developed into a full-time avocation. I love yoga - and for those who might think that's a girlie thing to say...I would challenge them to try it. YOGA WILL KICK YOUR ASS. It's one of the healthiest things I've ever done, and I've been a full-time gym rat for over twenty-five years.

That said, the P90X yoga workout isn't really yoga in its strictest sense - it's definitely more of a power yoga kind of thing, directed more towards the moving / strength side of things than towards teaching proper form (although you do get plenty of pointers on form, too - don't get me wrong). The point is, if you like what P90X yoga does for you, you might want to take a look at taking your yoga practice to an even more productive level. You definitely won't regret it. :fist:

powerslave_85
08-26-2010, 10:57 AM
In an effort to quit smoking, I ordered one of those e-cigarettes (it takes nicotine and converts it to a water vapor that you inhale; no smoke). We'll see how that goes.

ChildrenofSodom
08-26-2010, 07:41 PM
That was my favorite workout in the P90X program. Not only did I actually look forward to Thursdays like never before (because that was yoga day every week), but I credit that DVD for getting me into yoga, which I have developed into a full-time avocation. I love yoga - and for those who might think that's a girlie thing to say...I would challenge them to try it. YOGA WILL KICK YOUR ASS. It's one of the healthiest things I've ever done, and I've been a full-time gym rat for over twenty-five years.

That said, the P90X yoga workout isn't really yoga in its strictest sense - it's definitely more of a power yoga kind of thing, directed more towards the moving / strength side of things than towards teaching proper form (although you do get plenty of pointers on form, too - don't get me wrong). The point is, if you like what P90X yoga does for you, you might want to take a look at taking your yoga practice to an even more productive level. You definitely won't regret it. :fist:

I'm pretty excited for it. Insanity has been very successful for me, but I want to start incorporating more things into my routine in the next round. There a few yoga moves in Insanity, but I feel like I would benefit hugely from the additional stretching, breathing control techniques, and concentration.

So, I think with Insanity, Yoga, pick up basketball, walking all over campus this fall, and Kung Fu lessons from my friend....I should be on the right track to continue my fitness journey!

EDIT - I just bought the P90X Stretch DVD too. I think I'm going to do Yoga on my off day, and the Stretch on my Recovery days.

BloodoftheKings
08-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Just snagged a copy of Faith No More's The Real Thing for 3 bucks:drool:

SomewhereInTime72
08-27-2010, 08:22 AM
In an effort to quit smoking, I ordered one of those e-cigarettes (it takes nicotine and converts it to a water vapor that you inhale; no smoke). We'll see how that goes.

My friend uses one of those... for the purpose of smoking indoors. And he says he smokes for the nicotine but doesn't really like the taste of tobacco. ...So he just smokes it as often as he would regularly smoke and I can't help but think he's disregarding the point a little bit. :lol:

powerslave_85
08-27-2010, 08:27 AM
My friend uses one of those... for the purpose of smoking indoors. And he says he smokes for the nicotine but doesn't really like the taste of tobacco. ...So he just smokes it as often as he would regularly smoke and I can't help but think he's disregarding the point a little bit. :lol:
Well, not really. It's just the nicotine; there's no smoke or tar or any of the other shit that's in regular cigarettes, so even if you smoke it as much or more than you would cigs, you're still coming out ahead of the curve, so to speak.

evildeadjedi
08-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Just snagged a copy of Faith No More's The Real Thing for 3 bucks:drool:

ChildrenofSodom
08-28-2010, 09:12 PM
I bought Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs. Also found some Taebo, Pilates, and Turbo Jam tapes at my grandma's house. Those plus Insanity and P90X should give me a nice, diverse workout plan.

orlandodavis
08-29-2010, 09:50 AM
A honeybun.

treghet
08-29-2010, 10:05 AM
A honeybun.

Was it delicious? :drool:

orlandodavis
08-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Was it delicious? :drool:

Yes, it was very tasty.:rocker:

Fires Of Sedition
08-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Vital Remains shirt

ravenheart
08-30-2010, 12:53 PM
LCD TV
Xbox 360 slim 250GB

mankvill
08-30-2010, 01:17 PM
LCD TV
Xbox 360 slim 250GB

we can play together!

Natrlhi
08-30-2010, 01:34 PM
I just bought the P90X Stretch DVD too. I think I'm going to do Yoga on my off day, and the Stretch on my Recovery days.I fucking love that DVD. I made a list of the various stretch moves and saved it as a notepad file on my phone so I can do it at the gym on recovery days. Stretching is awesomely important, and it makes you feel so much better and helps to protect you from injuries bigtime. Nicely done. :fist:

ChildrenofSodom
08-30-2010, 02:37 PM
I fucking love that DVD. I made a list of the various stretch moves and saved it as a notepad file on my phone so I can do it at the gym on recovery days. Stretching is awesomely important, and it makes you feel so much better and helps to protect you from injuries bigtime. Nicely done. :fist:

Now that I am both more flexible and sore from working out, I truly appreciate the art of stretching. :lol: It can feel so damn good, and on days that I'm tired, a structured, deep, and concentrated stretch can become a workout of its own.

Check out my new pic in the Pictures of Yourself thread. I'm going to go over my routine. I'd love your feedback.

NOW WOULD A GOOD TIME FOR A HEALTH/FITNESS THREAD WINK WINK.

daimonos
08-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Cathedral - The Ethereal Mirror
Electric Wizard - Electric Wizard

ChildrenofSodom
08-31-2010, 09:36 AM
I fucking love that DVD. I made a list of the various stretch moves and saved it as a notepad file on my phone so I can do it at the gym on recovery days. Stretching is awesomely important, and it makes you feel so much better and helps to protect you from injuries bigtime. Nicely done. :fist:

I just finished doing it. Holy crap. That was a workout in and of itself. I feel so fantastic right now. I did a little Turbo Jam workout (hip, abs, and thigh heavy) and then did the stretch.....it felt like it was 3 hours long....so relaxing. My body feels hot and loose right now....I'm going to go run a little later....Would you recommend the P90X program as a whole? I've heard good things, but I don't know if I have the time/power for it.

elturtleboy
08-31-2010, 09:16 PM
Slayer bootleg shirt-World Painted Blood artwork thats says-2010 Tour. Back has American Carnage tour flyer with the seasons/RIP artwork and of coarse the testament logo with dates.:dgrin:

Natrlhi
09-01-2010, 10:18 AM
I just finished doing it. Holy crap. That was a workout in and of itself. I feel so fantastic right now.Told ya. ;)

Would you recommend the P90X program as a whole?Absofuckinglutely. It's the best overall program I have seen on the market in many, many years. It's an all-inclusive, holistic approach (meaning it is equally exercise- and diet-based), and it GETS RESULTS. Plus, it's extremely challenging, yet fun at the same time. The Kenpo X workout on Saturdays is a blast. Plyometrics is probably the hardest - especially if you start the program being a little overweight and "not so light on your feet" - but you'll get used to it. The yoga is awesome - we've discussed that - and the other workouts will just plain kick your ass. I love it.

I've heard good things, but I don't know if I have the time/power for it.I actually thought Insanity looked even harder, but maybe it's not. Bottom line is, if you had the balls to try Insanity, you should be able to push yourself to do P90X. Just keep thinking about the reasons why you're doing it (looking good, feeling good, living longer) whenever that little voice tells you to skip a workout or cheat on the diet, and you should be fine. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
09-01-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm buying P90X tomorrow night. :D Starting it on Sept. 13. Insanity, from what I've heard on Beachbody Forums, is harder than P90X. Some say its the same, some say its easier. Whatever...I'm not concerned with the contest. I'm concerned with doing whats best for me. I'll be sure to post pics when I get the muscles showing haha. I've got 66 lbs to lose by next June. I'm thinking this is the way to go. Not sure who well I'll be able to stick to the diet given my college dining plan, but I'll try my darndest.

mankvill
09-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Since apparently I'm friends with a bunch of technophobes, I've downloaded and burned the entire P90X program for several of my friends. Apparently it costs like hundreds of dollars? Sheesh.

ChildrenofSodom
09-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Since apparently I'm friends with a bunch of technophobes, I've downloaded and burned the entire P90X program for several of my friends. Apparently it costs like hundreds of dollars? Sheesh.

Yeah, it usually does. We're getting it on craiglist for 60, with all the original stuff (nutrition guide, etc.) Its definitely worth it.

Fires Of Sedition
09-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Sanyo Zio

The_jman
09-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Disturbed Asylum special edition (I was going to cancel this order and when I went to it had already been shipped. Well guess I have it even though a friend already gave me a copy of it.

ChildrenofSodom
09-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Just got my P90X, doorway chin-up bar, resistance band, some Green Tea supplement pills (voodoo, probably, but whatever), and I'm going dumbbell shopping this weekend. Round two of my weight loss journey begins Monday!

daimonos
09-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Attention Natty and DethMaiden:

Clutch - s/t

Derelict
09-04-2010, 10:04 PM

Clutch - s/t

FUCK YES

BloodoftheKings
09-04-2010, 10:11 PM
GWAR's Beyond Hell for $8 :dgrin:

DethMaiden
09-05-2010, 07:57 AM

Clutch - s/t

IrritatedTrout
09-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger

evildeadjedi
09-05-2010, 08:46 AM

Clutch - s/t

Good man! :rocker:

ravenheart
09-05-2010, 06:06 PM

Clutch - s/t

I'll join the approval for this purchase.

daimonos
09-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Bathory - Blood Fire Death
Clutch - From Beale Street to Oblivion

mankvill
09-06-2010, 01:34 PM
The Protector

Probably the greatest martial arts action film of the past 10 years and has the greatest fight scene of all time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXIGP6_fNZk).