PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Latest Purchases' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

TonyD
06-18-2010, 04:48 PM
@TonyD How do you like the Bears chances this season? I think if Cutler calms down and the wideouts continue to progress then they could have a winning record

What the other guys said is valid but the keys this season will be the O+D lines. Most of Cutlers failure last year was due to poor protection. Most of his picks could have been avoided by taking a sack or throwing the ball away, but the cause of the pressure in the first place was that he never had much time. Just watching one or two of the Bears drives in comparison to a few of say, the Vikings, Colts or Saints, it's pretty clear why Cutler looked so terrible last year. The offense showed signs of huge improvement towards the end of the year (the Vikings game :D).

The team has stuck with the cover-two defense again, which hinges on pressure on the quarterback, so Peppers was a key addition. Having Urlacher back will be huge as well, and whether Pisa Tinoisamoa is healthy or not, we should have the best starting linebackers in the league with Briggs and Hillenmeyer.

That said, the Vikings are going to be good, the Lions are going to be at least better than they were last year, and the Packers are going to be the team to beat. I'm gonna predict 9 or 10 wins, and we go to the playoffs.

idrinkwine732
06-18-2010, 05:28 PM
They didn't draft like they had O-Line problems, which is really interesting. I think the main component to a QB's performance is his line, and it did seem like Cutler was under pressure all the time. What do you think they did to assess the O-Line situation?

TonyD
06-18-2010, 11:41 PM
They got a QB with their 3rd pick :eek:
They're crossing their fingers that the two rookies will improve, and it seemed like they're headed in that direction. All they actually did was pick up Mike Tice, a former head coach, to be the O-line coach.

ravenheart
06-19-2010, 04:45 AM
^^^

I should probably buy one of those prints, as Mattias Noren is definitely one of (if not #1) favorite album artists, and he's done work for so many bands I'd love to have framed artwork representing.

There are so many awesome ones, but all the other 20x30s in the sale weren't from albums I really love.

I'm hoping he keeps putting new items in the sale section when he gets down to the last one or two prints of each because I want some more from 'The Human Equation', and some of the Evergrey ones, amongst others.

idrinkwine732
06-19-2010, 12:28 PM
They got a QB with their 3rd pick :eek:
They're crossing their fingers that the two rookies will improve, and it seemed like they're headed in that direction. All they actually did was pick up Mike Tice, a former head coach, to be the O-line coach.

New O-Line coach can work wonders for a team so I'll have fun watching that one turn out.

IrritatedTrout
06-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Kiss - Love Gun

JRA
06-21-2010, 07:29 AM
Bathory- Twilight of the Gods

daimonos
06-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Devin Townsend - Terria
The Devin Townsend Band - Accelerated Evolution
Twilight - Monument to Time End
Barren Earth - Curse of the Red River

mastodon421
06-21-2010, 12:50 PM
What the other guys said is valid but the keys this season will be the O+D lines. Most of Cutlers failure last year was due to poor protection. Most of his picks could have been avoided by taking a sack or throwing the ball away, but the cause of the pressure in the first place was that he never had much time. Just watching one or two of the Bears drives in comparison to a few of say, the Vikings, Colts or Saints, it's pretty clear why Cutler looked so terrible last year. The offense showed signs of huge improvement towards the end of the year (the Vikings game :D).

The team has stuck with the cover-two defense again, which hinges on pressure on the quarterback, so Peppers was a key addition. Having Urlacher back will be huge as well, and whether Pisa Tinoisamoa is healthy or not, we should have the best starting linebackers in the league with Briggs and Hillenmeyer.

That said, the Vikings are going to be good, the Lions are going to be at least better than they were last year, and the Packers are going to be the team to beat. I'm gonna predict 9 or 10 wins, and we go to the playoffs.

Well said and great point about the O-Line they were the main reason that Cutler did so damn bad. The NFC North is a really tough division and it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

The Green and Black
06-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
Jackyl - When Moonshine and Dynamite Collide
Krokus - Hoodoo
L.A. Guns - Covered in Guns

ravenheart
06-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy

Got.

Jackyl - When Moonshine and Dynamite Collide
Krokus - Hoodoo
L.A. Guns - Covered in Guns

Need ;)

evildeadjedi
06-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Blur for PS3 for 12.01 :D

Very fun game it basically takes Mario Kart power ups and puts them in an arcade style racing game with licensed vehicles.

Div
06-23-2010, 05:08 PM
I was set on getting the Droid Incredible, but they just announced the Droid X today and... damn its impressive. I might have to hold off and see what they do next before I pick one.

powerslave_85
06-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Iron Maiden Final Frontier 2010 Tour shirt :rocker:
Easy Street Records shirt
Dillinger Four- Versus God
Bender die-cast figurine from the Science Fiction Museum/Hall of Fame :D

The Green and Black
06-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Vince Neil - Tattoos and Tequila

IrritatedTrout
06-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Ozzy - Scream

Maiden33
06-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Ozzy - Scream

Prepare for disappointment!

IrritatedTrout
06-25-2010, 01:23 PM
I've listened to it like 5 times, best Ozzy album in decades. So glad Zak isn't in the band anymore.

Maiden33
06-25-2010, 01:25 PM
I've listened to it like 5 times, best Ozzy album in decades. So glad Zak isn't in the band anymore.

It had the honor of being the first album I ever deleted out of my mp3 player. Probably my own fault though because I didn't listen before I synced it. I thought it was pretty terrible. When I found out Gus G didn't write any of the songs I was incredibly relieved, and not very surprised.

daimonos
06-25-2010, 04:27 PM
I've listened to it like 5 times, best Ozzy album in decades.

I agree with this.

So glad Zak isn't in the band anymore.

But not this.

ravenheart
06-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Vince Neil - Tattoos and Tequila

Disappointing.

ravenheart
06-25-2010, 05:25 PM
I've listened to it like 5 times, best Ozzy album in decades.

Correct.

So glad Zak isn't in the band anymore.

Even though he clearly wrote most of the music you're listening to on that album and Gus just plays all of Zakk's parts exactly as he would have done? Yeah, Ozzy's way better off without him :tp:

IrritatedTrout
06-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Correct.

Even though he clearly wrote most of the music you're listening to on that album and Gus just plays all of Zakk's parts exactly as he would have done? Yeah, Ozzy's way better off without him :tp:

The guitar doesn't sound annoying as shit like it did often on Black Rain. It's an improvement.

daimonos
06-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Just listened to Scream again, not sure if I like it more than Black Rain yet. But it's definitely better than Down to Earth, I think, but I'm not sure about Ozzmosis. I'll give it some time.

Anyways my latest purchase was:

WATAIN - LAWLESS DARKNESS

It's fucking awesome.

ravenheart
06-26-2010, 06:10 AM
The guitar doesn't sound annoying as shit like it did often on Black Rain. It's an improvement.

In tone maybe, but the playing is exactly the same and those are all Zakk riffs on Scream. All of them.

SomewhereInTime72
06-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Just ordered a bunch of shit off the interwebs. :cool:

A manga volume. :eyes:
Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard
Chrono Trigger (DS version)
Decent headphones (ever since my last pair broke, I've been using cheap-ass $5 things from the corner store... since there are no longer any music stores I can access without going all the way into Manhattan :mad: )

Pretty good for just $38. :D

ravenheart
06-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Pink Cream 69 - Thunderdome
Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe 2

Maiden33
06-26-2010, 09:49 PM

Yeah, I am NOT too happy about the fact that Gus G has started to alter his playing to imitate Zakk's. If it rubs of permanently and finds its way back to Firewind albums, I am gonna be really upset.

ChildrenofSodom
06-26-2010, 10:17 PM
The Worldly Philosophers: The Lives, Times And Ideas Of The Great Economic Thinkers by Robert L. Heilbroner
Peddling Prosperity: Economic Sense and Nonsense in an Age of Diminished Expectations by Paul Krugman (on why economics and politics often result in bullshit.)
The Money Men: Capitalism, Democracy, and the Hundred Years' War Over the American Dollar by H.W. Brands
Alexander Hamilton, American by Richard Brookhiser

I am slightly drunk and have an economics history boner right now, plus left over Visa gift cards = great Amazon purchase.

ravenheart
06-27-2010, 05:23 AM
Yeah, I am NOT too happy about the fact that Gus G has started to alter his playing to imitate Zakk's. If it rubs of permanently and finds its way back to Firewind albums, I am gonna be really upset.

If it makes the next Firewind album less of a carbon copy of the couple before it, then great.

It's not a guitar style that will work with Firewind though. But then, his style in Firewind was never, ever going to fit Ozzy, so he'll probably keep the two separate.

Div
06-27-2010, 08:13 PM
I am slightly drunk and have an economics history boner right now, plus left over Visa gift cards = great Amazon purchase.

:dorky:

powerslave_85
06-27-2010, 09:57 PM
A used copy of Sleater-Kinney's first record on vinyl...for $46 :hecho:

TonyD
06-27-2010, 10:20 PM
A used copy of Sleater-Kinney's first record on vinyl...for $46 :hecho:

It's kinda sick that $46 isn't ridiculous for an out of print record.

powerslave_85
06-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I can't complain too much, since it's near-mint and I've seen it go for more than $50. But now that they're broken up, it's safe to say that if there are sealed copies out there, no one's gonna part with them.

darkguardian50
06-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Nevermore-The Obsidian Conspiracy
Pop Will Eat Itself-Dos Dedos Mis Amigos
Pizza
A bottle of Firestone Walker Parabola (http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/firestone-walker-parabola/60246/)
and an IPhone 3GS 8gig (I'm a cheapskate and wouldn't spring for the I4)

DethMaiden
06-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Mojo
Watain - Lawless Darkness
Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
Coheed and Cambria - Year of the Black Rainbow

Plus some gum, tea, and an UNO deck. And fuck you, Rose FUNOral, guys, it's not because of that. ;)

JRA
06-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Mojo
Watain - Lawless Darkness
Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
Coheed and Cambria - Year of the Black Rainbow

Plus some gum, tea, and an UNO deck. And fuck you, Rose FUNOral, guys, it's not because of that. ;)

Did you get all that in Bloomington?

DethMaiden
06-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Did you get all that in Bloomington?

No, I've been home since Sunday afternoon. I was only there for a little while.

JRA
06-28-2010, 08:01 PM
No, I've been home since Sunday afternoon. I was only there for a little while.

oh. :eyes:

Indestructible
06-28-2010, 08:04 PM
The Creature from jekyll island by G.Edward Griffin and Monuments of mars a city on the edge of forever by Richard C Hoagland

powerslave_85
06-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Sleater-Kinney- Jumpers 7"
Sleater-Kinney- You Ain't It! 7"
Sleater-Kinney- Get Up 7"

For only $80! :bricks: Someone really needs to take my debit card away from me :(

JRA
06-29-2010, 09:42 AM
For only $80! :bricks: Someone really needs to take my debit card away from me :(

so they can spend it on Running Wild, Gamma Ray and Saxon albums. :D

The Green and Black
06-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Disappointing.

:lol: I was waiting for that from you! ;)

ravenheart
06-29-2010, 10:54 AM
:lol: I was waiting for that from you! ;)

I meant the album, rather than your purchase of it. Of the two new songs, one is utterly horrible (and remarkably, Sixx is to blame!). And the production is so varied on the covers, too many of which are punk-influenced songs, that most of the rest is pretty bad too.

Don't forget, I'm a Vince fan as you are. It's live I think he's washed up. Nobody's Fault and Long Cool Woman sounded great. The title track rocks. The rest is lazy. And he backs right out of singing Viva Las Vegas properly too.

ChildrenofSodom
06-29-2010, 11:55 AM
The Creature from jekyll island by G.Edward Griffin

Just terrible.

Maiden33
06-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Tickets for the Maiden show at PNC Bank Arts Center on July 11th! First time I've ever done two shows on one leg of a Maiden tour. I have just lawn tickets and am planning on socializing. If anyone else has lawn tickets and wants to meet up, let me know.

makethemsuffer12
06-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Tickets for the Maiden show at PNC Bank Arts Center on July 11th! First time I've ever done two shows on one leg of a Maiden tour. I have just lawn tickets and am planning on socializing. If anyone else has lawn tickets and wants to meet up, let me know.

I shall be there with a group of my friends. I know what you look like so I'll keep my eye out.

Maiden33
06-29-2010, 04:09 PM
I shall be there with a group of my friends. I know what you look like so I'll keep my eye out.

I should be wearing this shirt:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51gfneROBwL._AA300_.jpg

makethemsuffer12
06-29-2010, 04:16 PM
I'll more than likely be wearing this:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj137/makethemsuffer12/derpp.jpg
Either that or a Powerslave shirt.

Indestructible
06-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Just terrible.

Im interested in what it has to say. I tend to side with what people like Ron Paul,G.Edward Griffin and Alex Jones have to say about the federal reserve and our current economic situation.

DethMaiden
06-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Im interested in what it has to say. I tend to side with what people like Ron Paul,G.Edward Griffin and Alex Jones have to say about the federal reserve and our current economic situation.

Really? When Dr. Ron Paul was delivering babies (never aborting them), did he pick up lots of valuable insights on the Federal Reserve? Because I kind of think Ben Bernanke might have a little more knowledge since, you know, he's an economist and not just a batshit insane raving lunatic.

ChildrenofSodom
06-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Really? When Dr. Ron Paul was delivering babies (never aborting them), did he pick up lots of valuable insights on the Federal Reserve? Because I kind of think Ben Bernanke might have a little more knowledge since, you know, he's an economist and not just a batshit insane raving lunatic.

G.Edward Griffin was a child actor, radio manager, and thinks he knows where Noah's Ark is. Sounds like an expert on monetary policy and political institutions.

mankvill
06-29-2010, 06:03 PM
I get all my political advice from Cameron.

Indestructible
06-29-2010, 06:15 PM
You do realize that Paul has been in congress for over 35years and has been studying the fed for that same amount of time. you do realize that delivering babies is not the only thing he has ever done.

powerslave_85
06-29-2010, 06:56 PM
I get all my political advice from Cameron.Man, you've had one hell of a rollercoaster ride then :lol:

DethMaiden
06-29-2010, 07:19 PM
You do realize that Paul has been in congress for over 35years and has been studying the fed for that same amount of time. you do realize that delivering babies is not the only thing he has ever done.

And Robert Byrd was a progressive expert on race relations. Please shut up.

Man, you've had one hell of a rollercoaster ride then :lol:

:lol: Pow, right in the kisser!

ChildrenofSodom
06-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Man, you've had one hell of a rollercoaster ride then :lol:

Haha. I lol'd. Little does Mank know, but he agreed with Indestructible two years ago.

I don't think I have very many 'crazy' beliefs anymore. When you educate yourself, sounding less crazy comes with the territory.

ChildrenofSodom
06-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Another Amazon purchase - New Federalist Papers: Essays in Defense of the Constitution. Book on "States' Rights" and federalism.

treghet
06-30-2010, 06:18 AM
So I'm starting to buy patches to make a metal vest. All of the patches are either white, red, or both and will be sewn onto a black vest. I've always thought that tons of album cover or colorful patches in general turn out looking like a clusterfuck, so that is why I'm keeping it simple.

Purchased so far:

Abhorrence (from Finland)
Aura Noir
Autopsy (logo from Mental Funeral)
Baphomet
Beastcraft
Dark Angel (old logo)
Deceased
Demilich :D
Dismember
Entombed
Immolation (old logo)
Immortal (old logo)
Incantation
Marduk (large patch)
Morbid Angel
Obituary
Old Funeral
Ragnarok
Sarcófago
Sepultura (old logo)
Tsjuder
Unleashed (Hammer Battalion back patch)

Going to purchase:

Archgoat
Carpathian Forest
Death
Deicide
Exhumed
Kreator
Vader

Considering purchasing or can't find:

Adramelech (can't find)
Decrepit Birth (can't find)
Depravity (can't find)
Deteriorot (can't find)
Gorguts (can't find white one)
Grave (considering)
Morta Skuld (can't find)
Nerlich (can't find)
Nifelheim (considering)
Obliteration (can't find)
Toxic Holocaust (considering)
Urgehal (considering)
Venom (considering)
Vomitory (considering)

If you happen to come across any of the ones I can't find please let me know! :)

ravenheart
06-30-2010, 06:41 AM
4XL jacket, is it? ;)

treghet
06-30-2010, 06:45 AM
Haha, well most of the patches are pretty small. Once all of the ones I have ordered arrive I'll see how much room I have left and decide what else to buy.

IrritatedTrout
06-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Lawn ticket for Kiss in VA Beach for only $10 with no service fees. :D

daimonos
07-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Haha, well most of the patches are pretty small. Once all of the ones I have ordered arrive I'll see how much room I have left and decide what else to buy.

What is a good site to order from?

idrinkwine732
07-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Iron Maiden tickets at MSG...it's happening soon...

mankvill
07-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Why yes, Virginia, I DID in fact buy an original vinyl copy of Iron Maiden's Live After Death today. And it only cost me six bucks!

powerslave_85
07-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Quasi- American Gong LP
Sleater-Kinney- Dig Me Out LP
Selater-Kinney- A Quarter To Three CD single

mankvill
07-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Quasi- American Gong LP
Sleater-Kinney- Dig Me Out LP
Selater-Kinney- A Quarter To Three CD single

STOP BUYING SLEATER-KINNEY SHIT!

powerslave_85
07-01-2010, 12:49 PM
STOP BUYING SLEATER-KINNEY SHIT!

http://telepromptedanthems.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/u-mad1.jpg

JRA
07-01-2010, 01:01 PM
http://telepromptedanthems.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/u-mad1.jpg

I think he's more trying to protect you from going broke.

powerslave_85
07-01-2010, 01:03 PM
I think he's more trying to protect you from going broke.
Eh, fuck it, it's pay day.

Maiden33
07-01-2010, 01:06 PM

I'll give you my info and you can wire some of that money my way. :D

powerslave_85
07-01-2010, 01:11 PM
I'll give you my info and you can wire some of that money my way. :D
What kind of return can I expect on such an investment?

daimonos
07-01-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm buying a bass guitar in a couple days. Gonna learn how to play it!

ravenheart
07-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Gonna learn how to play it!

Good plan. Because as household decoration, they pretty ugly ;)

treghet
07-01-2010, 06:40 PM
What is a good site to order from?

I have been using eBay a lot, along with this site:

http://www.officialabyssrecords.com/index.php

daimonos
07-01-2010, 06:45 PM
I have been using eBay a lot, along with this site:

http://www.officialabyssrecords.com/index.php

Thanks, I'll check it out.

TonyD
07-01-2010, 08:49 PM

I can't stand this mentality.

powerslave_85
07-01-2010, 09:12 PM
I can't stand this mentality.
Why not? Bills and rent are paid, and I have plenty left over. What do you care what people do with their money?

TonyD
07-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Why not? Bills and rent are paid, and I have plenty left over. What do you care what people do with their money?

I'm not telling you to not spend your money, but I hear my friends saying stuff like that all the time. If where you are in your payment cycle affects how you spend your money, you're probably not managing it well. Not coming down on you, I'm just sayin' :cool:

:party:

Dissimulate
07-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Best instrument out there! :rocker:

Myself, I have bought a gaming laptop and am waiting on fucking UPS to ship it to me.

Div
07-01-2010, 10:46 PM
gaming laptop

:(

Dissimulate
07-01-2010, 11:18 PM
:(
I'm not in a situation where I can lug around a tower, it's a laptop or nothing.

ChildrenofSodom
07-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Hamilton's Blessing: The Extraordinary Life and Times of Our National Debt by John Steele Gordon
A Term at the Fed: An Insider's View by Laurence H. Meyer (former Fed Governor)

I'm a nerd.

Div
07-02-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm not in a situation where I can lug around a tower, it's a laptop or nothing.

i hear ya, i was in a situation like that once. just as long as youre aware most gaming laptops have poor battery life and need to be placed on a hard surface so the fans can cool it properly.

powerslave_85
07-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Raided the clearance bin at Hot Topic:

Andrew Jackson Jihad- Can't Maintain LP
Chuck Ragan- Gold Country LP
The Lawrence Arms- The Greatest Story Ever Told LP
The Lawrence Arms- Oh, Calcutta! LP

JRA
07-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Rush-Beyond the Lighted Stage DVD.

mastodon421
07-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Mayhem Fest Ticket
Chicago Bears Hat

TonyD
07-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Mayhem Fest Ticket
Chicago Bears Hat

I approve

daimonos
07-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Hour of Penance - Paradogma

DethMaiden
07-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Bought a medium Ernest Hemingway shirt on purpose.

Emailed the seller saying it was an accident and that I meant to click Large.

Body image issues. :rocker:

Shirt is awesome though:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/2/6/2/2/5/3/webimg/277958212_o.jpg

ChildrenofSodom
07-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Haven't bought anything, but I'm selling some knick-knacks, books, comics, and shirts on ebay. (http://shop.ebay.com/childrenofsodom/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_from&_ipg&_trksid=p3686) Take a look. I may put some of my vinyl online later this week. Bookmark my page and keep your eyes peeled.

ravenheart
07-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Bought a medium Ernest Hemingway shirt on purpose.

Emailed the seller saying it was an accident and that I meant to click Large.

Body image issues. :rocker:

Girl.

ravenheart
07-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Motorhead - Better Motorhead Than Dead
Seasick Steve - Man From Another Time
After All - The Violent Decline
Masterplan - Far From The End of The World (single)
Albert King - King of The Blues Guitar

DethMaiden
07-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Girl.

:lol: Fuck you.

Wizzbang11
07-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Azaghal / Sael split (13/500)
Evil/ Satanic Warmaster split (Red vinyl)
Carcass- Heartwork (reissue-Red vinyl)
Carcass- Symphonies of Sickness (reissue- Seafoam vinyl)

Wizzbang11
07-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Haven't bought anything, but I'm selling some knick-knacks, books, comics, and shirts on ebay. (http://shop.ebay.com/childrenofsodom/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_from&_ipg&_trksid=p3686) Take a look. I may put some of my vinyl online later this week. Bookmark my page and keep your eyes peeled.

I just bid on that alien thing.
You should sell those Ron Paul shirts to Indestructible.

ChildrenofSodom
07-06-2010, 03:24 PM
I just bid on that alien thing.
You should sell those Ron Paul shirts to Indestructible.

hahahaha, I was thinking about that. I hope he sees the auction....And he might like those books I have too.

larvtard
07-06-2010, 03:37 PM

Would you recommend those atheist books? The subject interests me but I'm worried if I'll be skimming most pages (which I tend to do with a lot of nonfiction).

Wizzbang11
07-06-2010, 03:47 PM
hahahaha, I was thinking about that. I hope he sees the auction....And he might like those books I have too.

Is there a large market for election shirts?
I have both Dennis Kucinich '08 and '04 shirts....hmmm

ChildrenofSodom
07-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Would you recommend those atheist books? The subject interests me but I'm worried if I'll be skimming most pages (which I tend to do with a lot of nonfiction).

The Dennett book is more moderate than the others. His writing in general is critical of religion but he uses both hard and soft science to do it, not just name-calling. The Hitchens and Harris books are also good....very highly acclaimed in the atheist community. I was say that you dont need to read the whole thing (nor do you need to read it in order)....because each chapter has a topic.

ChildrenofSodom
07-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Is there a large market for election shirts?
I have both Dennis Kucinich '08 and '04 shirts....hmmm

I wish I had a Kucinich shirt. It would be less embarrassing than Ron Paul. I dont know if there is a market, but I dont want them and I don't want some poor kid to buy it unknowingly or ironically at Goodwill. I figured I would let the free market decide if they are worth buying. ;)

Wizzbang11
07-06-2010, 03:52 PM
I wish I had a Kucinich shirt. It would be less embarrassing than Ron Paul. I dont know if there is a market, but I dont want them and I don't want some poor kid to buy it unknowingly or ironically at Goodwill. I figured I would let the free market decide if they are worth buying. ;)

Ha, so I take it the "made by Patriots" was not a completely genuine statement?

ChildrenofSodom
07-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Ha, so I take it the "made by Patriots" was not a completely genuine statement?

Oh, I used to believe that stuff, and the guy that made if for me was a "Patriot". I'm still a patriot, but I'm no longer a Patriot. I just don't want the shirts anymore. Grew out of them (ideologically.)

SomewhereInTime72
07-06-2010, 04:08 PM
New pair of shoes, and the wii Fire Emblem game.

NecroRob
07-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Bloodbath The Wacken Carnage CD/DVD :rocker:

daimonos
07-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Bloodbath The Wacken Carnage CD/DVD :rocker:

:rocker:

Natrlhi
07-07-2010, 10:15 AM

Kucinich marched in the 4th of July parade in Lakewood, Ohio on Sunday - I got a photo of him and his wife, just for shits and giggles. I might try to find a way to post it later if I'm not feeling too lazy (read: if I'm not too busy with the thousand other things I have to do these days :snivel:).

ChildrenofSodom
07-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Kucinich marched in the 4th of July parade in Lakewood, Ohio on Sunday - I got a photo of him and his wife, just for shits and giggles. I might try to find a way to post it later if I'm not feeling too lazy (read: if I'm not too busy with the thousand other things I have to do these days :snivel:).

I got a pic of me sitting at Ron Paul's desk in DC. I also have a pic of me with our Governor (who I was an intern for) and Senator Glenn.

I'm trying to start a scrap book of "Cameron with Politicians" photos.

mankvill
07-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Relapse Singles Series Vol. 3 feat. Rottrevore, Repulsion, Monstrosity and Incantation.

This Comp Kills Fascists Vol. 2 feat. Drugs of Faith, Population Reduction, Despise You, Voetsek, etc.

powerslave_85
07-07-2010, 03:55 PM
This Comp Kills Fascists Vol. 2 feat. Drugs of Faith, Population Reduction, Despise You, Voetsek, etc.I need to get that. Volume 1 was awesome.

Indestructible
07-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Artist:Green Day
Album:1,039 Smoothed out Slappy hours

Artist-Children Of Bodom
Album-Blooddrunk

Artist-Down
Album-Nola

Artist-Three Days Grace
Album-Life starts now

Metallica Death Magnetic poster and a Slipknot all hope is gone poster:D

ChildrenofSodom
07-07-2010, 07:53 PM

Artist-Children Of Bodom
Album-Blooddrunk

Artist-Down
Album-Nola

Artist-Three Days Grace
Album-Life starts now

Look at these please.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110555948393&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110555933932&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110555932043&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

TonyD
07-07-2010, 08:05 PM

Artist-Children Of Bodom
Album-Blooddrunk

Artist-Three Days Grace
Album-Life starts now

All bad decisions

treghet
07-07-2010, 08:29 PM
All bad decisions

I'll second that.

treghet
07-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Me to. I know we have Down,Metallica,Slipknot and Children Of bodom fans here

Wait... what? I didn't say there aren't any fans of those bands here.

ChildrenofSodom
07-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Me to. I know we have Down,Metallica,Slipknot and Children Of bodom fans here

BUY MY STUFF!!!

TonyD
07-08-2010, 12:24 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

daimonos
07-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Finally got my hands on a copy of Still Life by Opeth, which is one of my favorite Opeth albums. But then again, they're all my favorites. But I think this one has to be near the top for me.

Fires Of Sedition
07-08-2010, 02:22 PM
4 Lamb Of God tickets

mankvill
07-08-2010, 03:06 PM
4 Lamb Of God tickets

:nonono:

ravenheart
07-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Me to

You to what? State all actions and/or destinations in full please.

evildeadjedi
07-08-2010, 03:41 PM
http://www.gaminggenerations.com/store/images/ps3_box.jpg

Took advantage of the PS3 $200 trade in credit deal Gamestop is giving till 7/18/10

My 40GB has only had one hiccup in the two years I owned it but, my warranty just ran out and I noticed it was getting very hot when I was simply on the XMB. Rather than be concerned with how long it would last, I decided to upgrade to the slim. Think about this, Sony charges 150 dollars plus tax to fix non-BC systems and I only paid 120.24 in Gamestop credit. Which would you choose?

Pros:

-Larger hard drive
-More energy efficient
-Dual Shock 3 (instead of a six axis that was on it's last legs)
-small frame and lighter
-one year warranty
-very silent (is this thing on at all?)

Cons:

-$100 or more after trade in of ps3 (depends on if the state you live in charges tax on gift card purchases).
-No more piano black finish (pro or con depended how you see it)

mankvill
07-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Cons:

-$100 or more after trade in of ps3 (depends on if the state you live in charges tax on gift card purchases).
-No games

Fixed

TonyD
07-08-2010, 04:11 PM
4 Lamb Of God tickets

:finger2:

evildeadjedi
07-08-2010, 04:26 PM
-Lots of games unless you're a Halo or Gears of War fanbroham

Fixed :D or do you mean no pack-in games?

makethemsuffer12
07-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Fixed

Yeah, because Uncharted, Infamous, MGS4 and Heavy Rain totally don't matter whatsoever. :rolleyes:

daimonos
07-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Immortal - Pure Holocaust
Darkthrone - Plaguewielder

mankvill
07-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Yeah, because Uncharted, Infamous, MGS4 and Heavy Rain totally don't matter whatsoever. :rolleyes:

shootan
Infamous is good
movie
movie

I said GAMES

evildeadjedi
07-11-2010, 03:04 PM
shootan
Infamous is good
movie
movie

I said GAMES

All right all of these are exclusives:

Demon's Souls
Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Ratchet and Clank TOD
Ratchet and Clank ACIT
Little Big Planet
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
NBA The Inside
MAG
Haze
Formula One Championship Edition
Full Auto 2: Battlelines
Cross Edge
The Eye of Judgement
Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli
Genji 2: Days of the Blade
Katamari Forever
Last Rebellion
Lair
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
God of War Collection
God of War III
3D Dot Game Heroes
Warhawk
Killzone 2
Heavenly Sword
Modnation Racing
Motorstorm
Motorstorm Pacific Rift
MLB The Show
Yakuza 3
Valkyria Chronicles
Folklore
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Time Crisis 4
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Disgaea 3
White Knight Chronicles
Buzz! Quiz TV and World Tour

Indestructible
07-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Green Day - Kerpulnk!
Green Day - Shenanigans
Down - Down III:Over the under
Mudvayne:The End of All Things To Come
Mudvayne:The New Game

Natrlhi
07-12-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm not naming names, but somebody in this immediate vicinity just made five bad choices in a row.

EDIT: Fuck me, this would have to be the first post on a new page, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

evildeadjedi
07-12-2010, 09:46 AM
^ :lol:

ravenheart
07-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Down - Down III:Over the under
Mudvayne:The New Game

Approved.

Maiden33
07-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Dominici - 03: A Trilogy, Part 2

I've loved the album for a while, but came across a used copy for $5 yesterday, could not pass it up since it's great.

Fires Of Sedition
07-12-2010, 12:52 PM

:dance:

evildeadjedi
07-12-2010, 12:52 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CXYAJawNL._AA300_.jpg

Ordered last Friday from Gamestop.com for 28.80 in credit. :)

Derelict
07-12-2010, 01:23 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CXYAJawNL._AA300_.jpg

Ordered last Friday from Gamestop.com for 28.80 in credit. :)

I'm just about done, really enjoyed this game

mankvill
07-12-2010, 01:27 PM
All right all of these are exclusives:

Demon's Souls
Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Ratchet and Clank TOD
Ratchet and Clank ACIT
Little Big Planet
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
NBA The Inside
MAG
Haze
Formula One Championship Edition
Full Auto 2: Battlelines
Cross Edge
The Eye of Judgement
Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli
Genji 2: Days of the Blade
Katamari Forever
Last Rebellion
Lair
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
God of War Collection
God of War III
3D Dot Game Heroes
Warhawk
Killzone 2
Heavenly Sword
Modnation Racing
Motorstorm
Motorstorm Pacific Rift
MLB The Show
Yakuza 3
Valkyria Chronicles
Folklore
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Time Crisis 4
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Disgaea 3
White Knight Chronicles
Buzz! Quiz TV and World Tour

BROWNAN
BLOOMAN
SHOOTAN
MOVIEAN
and buzz quiz

makethemsuffer12
07-12-2010, 01:28 PM
shootan
Infamous is good
movie
movie

I said GAMES

U mad because 360 only has two exclusive series worth giving a shit about.

mankvill
07-12-2010, 01:33 PM

u jus mad cuz im stylin on u

Fires Of Sedition
07-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Original Gears Of War > anything from Sony.

:)

makethemsuffer12
07-12-2010, 01:48 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d2/Uncharted_2_updated_PS3_logo.jpg

Suck it.

GOW is a great game, though (but I've only played the multiplayer).

Fires Of Sedition
07-12-2010, 02:15 PM

Suck it.

Not going to lie, I want to play Uncharted 2.

But the first Gears' multiplayer never gets old. It's fun. Every time.

evildeadjedi
07-12-2010, 02:17 PM

:lol:

ravenheart
07-12-2010, 03:52 PM

All exclusive games/series suck.

ravenheart
07-12-2010, 03:53 PM

Suck it.

Gotta admit... that cover hella gay.

makethemsuffer12
07-12-2010, 04:15 PM
All exclusive games/series suck.

Gotta admit... that cover hella gay.

You said hella, thus making your opinions invalid.

idrinkwine732
07-12-2010, 08:36 PM

http://www.foundmagazine.com/images/finds/full/hella.jpg

Ravenheart ain't from Nor Cal though, so he gets :finger:.

ravenheart
07-13-2010, 01:48 AM

If you disagree, yours are too. The very concept of exclusive games is shit.

DethMaiden
07-13-2010, 05:59 AM

Isn't that a good way for a system to make itself a selling point? Also, isn't every single Nintendo game an exclusive, and aren't a lot of those some of the most respected games ever?

makethemsuffer12
07-13-2010, 08:06 AM

Somebody's mad because he can't play Nintendogs on his Xbox...

powerslave_85
07-13-2010, 10:17 AM
I somewhat agree. I'm thinking about getting a Blu-Ray player in the very near future, and a lot of people have recommended I just get a PS3, but there aren't any exclusive games for it that would justify having two gaming systems.

As Brad mentioned, though, Nintendo's exclusive franchises are all pretty damn good.

JRA
07-13-2010, 10:20 AM
As Brad mentioned, though, Nintendo's exclusive franchises are all pretty damn good.

Thirded.

evildeadjedi
07-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Exclusives are both good and bad.

The good is it gives you a reason to buy a particular console and it makes it so a game is specifically developed for one platform (which is very important).

Games that are developed for one platform normally will out perform multi-platform titles.

When games are multi-platform normally one of the versions will suffer because the game will be developed from the ground up by one team and then "ported" by a completely different one.

The system that is suffering this generation is the ps3 which has seen many bad ports of xbox 360 games.

Sony has a history since the ps2 of having a console that is very difficult to program for and many developers only scratched the surface of it's potential.

This is always why Sony designed the ps2 as being valid for at least a decade.

The longer a company has developing specifically with the system the better the games looked and played.

For example God of War I and especially II have visuals that were thought to not be possible on the system.

If God of War was not a Sony exclusive it most likely would have not been as impressive as it was.

The ps3 with it's multiple processors is even tougher to program and most programmers have only scratched the surface of it's potential.

Microsoft on the other hand being a PC company designed the XBOX and XBOX 360 to take full advantage of what it had under the hood from the start.

Gears is pretty much the maximum graphic power of the 360. We have yet to see the max power of the ps3.

I'm all right with most games being multi-platform however, I still want some exclusives to survive because of the reasons above.

ravenheart
07-13-2010, 12:02 PM
I don't want any exclusives to survive. The same goes for iTunes exclusive releases (like the new Ozzy live album that's being mooted), or anything else that forces you to buy into a certain product or service because you want one specific release.

Dress the rest of it up as much as you want but pure, ruthless business is the ONLY reason they do any of it.

Otherwise console sales would come down to the boring, old fashioned selling points like "which one is better" :tp:

ChildrenofSodom
07-13-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm getting Cynic and Darkest Hour shirts for my birthday.

TonyD
07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Somebody's mad because he can't play Nintendogs on his Xbox...

:lol:

DethMaiden
07-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Purchases? Well, today I bought what the fuck I wanted, sooooo:

Fentiman's Ginger Beer
Mars bar and 1/4 pound of sour Jelly Belly
MLB Slugfest 2006 (PS2)
Rush - Beyond the Lighted Stage
Joey Votto jersey shirt
New issues of Jonah Hex and Captain America

Not THAT expensive for all that shit, honestly.

SomewhereInTime72
07-13-2010, 03:52 PM
I don't want any exclusives to survive. The same goes for iTunes exclusive releases (like the new Ozzy live album that's being mooted), or anything else that forces you to buy into a certain product or service because you want one specific release.

Dress the rest of it up as much as you want but pure, ruthless business is the ONLY reason they do any of it.

Otherwise console sales would come down to the boring, old fashioned selling points like "which one is better" :tp:

"which one is better" is decided by exclusive games though. There's barely any difference other than that..... it's just like comparing two different albums, it comes down to whichever one has the better songs. no one would buy an album if they already had all the good songs on another album.

powerslave_85
07-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I think it's almost impossible now to say which system is objectively "better." It all boils down to what you want and value in a videogame. People who like playing Wii bowling with their family aren't going to give a shit about how much processing power a PS3 has.

evildeadjedi
07-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I think it's almost impossible now to say which system is objectively "better." It all boils down to what you want and value in a videogame. People who like playing Wii bowling with their family aren't going to give a shit about how much processing power a PS3 has.

Very true

Wii selling points:

-Motion controls
-Nintendo exclusives (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Kirby, etc)
-Family oriented
-Gamecube backwards compatibility
-Virtual console

PS3:

-Blu-ray
-Free internet browser and online gaming
-Accepts almost any 2.5 SATA hard drive
-Bluetooth
-Sony exclusives like (Little Big Planet, Uncharted, Resistance, God of War, etc)
-very powerful

Xbox 360:

-Xbox live best online for consoles
-Microsoft console exclusives (Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect)
-powerful
-backwards compatibility with many xbox games
-HD DVD add on :lol:

mankvill
07-13-2010, 05:52 PM
ps3:

-move is a wii ripoff

360:

-trying to advance gaming with kinect of stagnating everything with cheap knockoffs

DethMaiden
07-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Rush - Beyond the Lighted Stage

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, IT'S A BLU-RAY, WHICH I HAVE NO WAY OF PLAYING. WHAT THE FUCK.

mankvill
07-13-2010, 08:00 PM
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, IT'S A BLU-RAY, WHICH I HAVE NO WAY OF PLAYING. WHAT THE FUCK.

didn't the expensive price tag tip you off?

SomewhereInTime72
07-13-2010, 08:10 PM
-Gamecube backwards compatibility

easily the best feature on any current gen console. this gen blows.

DethMaiden
07-13-2010, 08:12 PM
didn't the expensive price tag tip you off?

$19! And it doesn't say it anywhere except the TINY blu-ray logo under the credits on the back! What the fuck!

TonyD
07-13-2010, 08:27 PM
They usually have different cases don't they?

DethMaiden
07-13-2010, 08:35 PM
They usually have different cases don't they?

Apparently not this time. And the store is way out of the way. Whatever, back on eBay it goes. They're going for more than I payed anyway.

Natrlhi
07-14-2010, 06:52 AM
Straight from Blue Collar Distro in sunny Lawrence, KS...

http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydrahead/slideshow.php?pID=777#http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydrahead/slideshow.php?pID=777#http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydrahead/slideshow.php?pID=777#http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydrahead/slideshow.php?pID=777#

In case the above pix don't work:
http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydrahead/images/isi-ss-005-full.jpg

JRA
07-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Apparently not this time.

I'm stupefied by this. How the hell can anyone confuse a Blu-ray for a DVD?

DethMaiden
07-14-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm stupefied by this. How the hell can anyone confuse a Blu-ray for a DVD?

IT DIDN'T FUCKING SAY IT ANYWHERE ON THE PACKAGE EXCEPT A TINY LOGO UNDERNEATH ALL THE LINES OF CREDITS ON THE BACK! I'M REALLY NOT RETARDED, I SWEAR!

idrinkwine732
07-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Straight from Blue Collar Distro in sunny Lawrence, KS...

http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydrahead/slideshow.php?pID=777#http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydrahead/slideshow.php?pID=777#http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydrahead/slideshow.php?pID=777#http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydrahead/slideshow.php?pID=777#

In case the above pix don't work:
http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydrahead/images/isi-ss-005-full.jpg

I like...

mastodon421
07-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Summer Slaughter Ticket

TonyD
07-14-2010, 12:21 PM
High on Fire - Surrounded By Theives vinyl
I'm glad Relapse has finally reissued all of the out of print Mastodon and HOF vinyls, but it would have saved me a few bucks if they did it earlier...

ravenheart
07-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Blindside Blues Band - Smokehouse Sessions
Blindside Blues Band - Long Hard Road
Lance Lopez - First Thing's First
Lance Lopez - Simplify Your Vision
Slayer - World Painted Blood
Kamchatka - Kamchatka
Kamchatka - Volume II
Unida/Dozer - Double EP
Destruction - The Curse of The Antichrist
Believer - Gabriel

JRA
07-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Good news: Immortal- Sons of Northern Darkness arrived in the mail!
Bad news: It ended up at my parents house instead.

SomewhereInTime72
07-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Good news: Immortal- Sons of Northern Darkness arrived in the mail!
Bad news: It ended up at my parents house instead.

This happened to me once... with my school textbooks. I felt like a gosh darned fool!

TonyD
07-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Kamchatka - Kamchatka
Kamchatka - Volume II

CKY just started raving about these guys, apparently they toured with Clutch in 08.

larvtard
07-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Early Graves- Goner
a Death Angel tour shirt

ravenheart
07-14-2010, 04:26 PM
CKY just started raving about these guys, apparently they toured with Clutch in 08.

They toured with Clutch here last year, but have been around for about 5 years. Awesome band. One of the members is also in King Hobo with Per Wiburg from Spiritual Beggars/Opeth and Jean Paul Gaster from Clutch. Their debut came out last year and is superb.

powerslave_85
07-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Just put in a big vinyl order.

Dear Landlord- Dream Homes LP
The Gaslight Anthem- Senor and the Queen 7"
Off With Their Heads/Dear Landlord- Split 7"
Four Letter Word- Staring Down the Barrel 7" (never heard of them, but it was free, so what the hell)
The Dopamines/The Copyrights- Songs About Fucking Up 7"
The Dopamines- Expect the Worst LP
Lemuria- Ozzy 7"
Hot Water Music- No Division LP

Plus they threw in a free random 7" (of their choice). All of this was under $50 :party:

ChildrenofSodom
07-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Iron Maiden Wicker Man Final Frontier Tour shirt.

DethMaiden
07-16-2010, 08:00 AM
Iron Maiden Wicker Man Final Frontier Tour shirt.

This. :rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
07-16-2010, 09:45 AM
I really should have gotten an El Dorado shirt. :(

JRA
07-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Immortal- Sons of Northern Darkness

IrritatedTrout
07-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Iron Maiden album art tour shirt
Iron Maiden American flag tour shirt
2 Iron Maiden NYC event shirts
Iron Maiden Final Frontier tour poster.

Plus like $70 in tolls and trains the past few days.:hmm:

ravenheart
07-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Foghat - Energized/Foghat/Fool for the City/Live/Tight Shoes
Paul Butterfield Blues Band - East West/in My Own Dream/Keep on Moving/The Paul Butterfield Blues Band/The Resurrection of Pigboy Crabshaw

DethMaiden
07-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Just got caught in a bidding war for a textbook only to realize I could have bought it for twenty bucks less. The heat of the moment strikes again!

illninoese
07-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Just got caught in a bidding war for a textbook only to realize I could have bought it for twenty bucks less. The heat of the moment strikes again!

Fuck textbooks. Especially when you go to sell them back and find out a new edition is coming out so they don't take it....after your teacher said that you would be able to sell it back no problem. College textbooks = pyramid scheme.

Just picked up a new batch of CD's so here they are:

COBALT - GIN!!!!!!!! FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!
Belphegor - Pestapokalypse VI
Krisiun - Black Force Domain :rocker:
Hurtlocker - Fear In A Handful Of Dust
Textures - Silhouettes
Mastodon - Lifesblood (Original EP) :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:
Science For Girls - Science For Girls
Anaal Nathrakh - Domine Non Es Dignus
Anaal Nathrakh Boxset: The Codex Necro and When Fire Rains Down from the Sky, Mankind Will Reap As It Has Sown :rocker:
Lair Of The Minotaur - Evil Power :rocker:
Neaera - Let the Tempest Come
Darkest Hour - The Prophecy Fulfilled
Firewind - Between Heaven And Hell
Full Blown Chaos - Prophet of Hostility
Tombs - Winter Hours
Wintersun - Wintersun
Meshuggah -Nothing (Original Version)
Sunn O))) - Flight of the Behemoth
Arch Enemy - Stigmata
Morbid Angel - Domination

mankvill
07-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Anaal Nathrakh Boxset: The Codex Necro and When Fire Rains Down from the Sky, Mankind Will Reap As It Has Sown :rocker:

FUCK YEAH BITCH

I saw that Codex Necro/Mankind box set last time I was at Hastings. Awesome deal.

The Pantangler
07-17-2010, 09:10 PM
FUCK YEAH BITCH

I saw that Codex Necro/Mankind box set last time I was at Hastings. Awesome deal.

Jeez, the Hastings where you're from must rule. Here in oklahoma the heaviest stuff they carry is Skillet.

illninoese
07-17-2010, 09:12 PM
FUCK YEAH BITCH

Fuck Yeah indeed!!!! $15 bucks; I got an album and an EP. The other cd was only $8.50 used too. Now if I could only find Hell Is Empty and All the Devils Are Here, then my Nathrakh collection will be complete:party:

ravenheart
07-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Place Vendome - Place Vendome
Fireball Ministry - Their Rock Is Not Our Rock
Hydrogyn - Strip 'Em Blind Live
Journey - Revelation
Tempestt - Bring Em On
Shooter Jennings - Bad Magick: The Best of
Bex Marshall - Kitchen Table
Stiltskin - Mind's Eye
Runamok - Freak Business

mankvill
07-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Fuck Yeah indeed!!!! $15 bucks; I got an album and an EP. The other cd was only $8.50 used too. Now if I could only find Hell Is Empty and All the Devils Are Here, then my Nathrakh collection will be complete:party:

Do you own Total Fucking Necro?

ChildrenofSodom
07-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Captain America - The Man Who Bought America
Captain America - Winter Soldier Vol. 1
Sudden Gravity: A Tale of Panopticon

ravenheart
07-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Man I love Play.com's ridiculous clearout sales. This is without all the 2009/2010 Frontiers Records releases I passed on at £5.99 each.

Sea Hags - Sea Hags
Gotthard - Domino Effect (Limited Edition)
Dug Pinnick - Strum Sum Up
Steve Von Till - A Grave Is A Grim Horse
Ravage - The End of Tomorrow
Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die
Blaze Bayley - Promise And Terror
Candlemass - Death Magic Doom
Mob Rules - Astral Hand (single)
Kataklysm - Prevail (2CD+DVD Tour Edition)
Wino - Punctuated Equilibrium
Pentagram - Review Your Choices
Nazareth - Rampant
Nazareth - Hair of The Dog
Richie Kotzen - Live In Sao Paulo
Dynazty - Bring The Thunder
Bonfire - Double X

All £4.99 or less except the Kataklysm 3-disc set which was £5.99. I could have spent so much more.

Natrlhi
07-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Fuck textbooks. Especially when you go to sell them back and find out a new edition is coming out so they don't take it....after your teacher said that you would be able to sell it back no problem. College textbooks = pyramid scheme.

Just picked up a new batch of CD's so here they are:

COBALT - GIN!!!!!!!! FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!
Belphegor - Pestapokalypse VI
Krisiun - Black Force Domain :rocker:
Hurtlocker - Fear In A Handful Of Dust
Textures - Silhouettes
Mastodon - Lifesblood (Original EP) :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:
Science For Girls - Science For Girls
Lair Of The Minotaur - Evil Power :rocker:
Neaera - Let the Tempest Come
Darkest Hour - The Prophecy Fulfilled
Firewind - Between Heaven And Hell
Full Blown Chaos - Prophet of Hostility
Tombs - Winter Hours
Wintersun - Wintersun
Meshuggah -Nothing (Original Version)
Sunn O))) - Flight of the Behemoth
Arch Enemy - Stigmata
Morbid Angel - Domination
Score! Especially the Cobalt, Anaal Nathrakh, Meshuggah and Lair of the Minotaur :rockdevil

Div
07-19-2010, 03:16 PM
just bought a Droid X, which is totally awesome and better than the iphone 4. i also found a blackberry curve on the sidewalk yesterday. i be trippin mad phones

daimonos
07-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Suffocation - Suffocation
Suffocation - Despise the Sun

illninoese
07-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Do you own Total Fucking Necro?

Damn. I forgot about that. No I don't. But I vow to find that and the Bloodbath
Unblessing the Purity EP before I leave Portland.

Sinergy - Beware The Heavens
Secrets Of The Moon - Antithesis
E.T. The Extraterrestrial T-Shirt :rocker:

mankvill
07-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Damn. I forgot about that. No I don't. But I vow to find that and the Bloodbath
Unblessing the Purity EP before I leave Portland.

Sinergy - Beware The Heavens
Secrets Of The Moon - Antithesis
E.T. The Extraterrestrial T-Shirt :rocker:

Good luck finding Total Fucking Necro. :P

Does the version of The Codex Necro you have have the Peel Session extra tracks or is it the new version with the We Will Fucking Kill You demo?

rjturtle9
07-20-2010, 12:13 AM
I was talking about buying from that specific buyer, unfortunately the quality varies from person to person. I bought a Savatage bootleg shirt 2 years ago and I am really, really happy with the quality, but I've seen others that look and hold up like garbage, so I'm skeptical.

I'll check back in with you eventually, if the quality is solid I'll probably get one.

Hey man I haven't forgotten about this. Well I have the shirt and after 2washes it's still in perfect condition. Great quality shirt. Took a while to be mailed though, but I'm also used to ticketmaster's fast delivery and I also haven't ordered anything from overseas in a while so yeah, shipping was probably normal time.

larvtard
07-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Baroness- Blue Record (2cd digipack fold)
Amen- Amen

illninoese
07-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Good luck finding Total Fucking Necro. :P

Does the version of The Codex Necro you have have the Peel Session extra tracks or is it the new version with the We Will Fucking Kill You demo?

Haha I know but I found Hell Is Empty last night for 6 bucks and I wasn't counting on that at all. I may get lucky.

And it's the Peel Session version. I honestly wanted the Demo bonus tracks, which would make sense since it's the newest release of Codex but leave it to the record companies to try and get rid of overstock of back catalog. But I should just shut the fuck up. Finding that 2 CD pack = :drool:

daimonos
07-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Well, I almost bought the Clutch self titled album today....

But instead I went with:

Carcass - Symphonies of motherfucking Sickness!!!

evildeadjedi
07-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Well, I almost bought the Clutch self titled album today....

But instead I went with:

Carcass - Symphonies of motherfucking Sickness!!!

That's all right you can buy Clutch S/T next time. :)

Natrlhi
07-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Just bought two tickets to PRIMUS on August 3rd in Cleveburg for TWENTY GOT DAMN DOLLARS.

...and it was from Live Nation, no less. No fees, no hassle. Ten bucks apiece. Out the door. :eek:

I'm a happy boy
I'm a happy boy
I'm a happy boy
I'm a happy boy

:party: :dance: :party:

idrinkwine732
07-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Just bought two tickets to PRIMUS on August 3rd in Cleveburg for TWENTY GOT DAMN DOLLARS.

...and it was from Live Nation, no less. No fees, no hassle. Ten bucks apiece. Out the door. :eek:

I'm a happy boy
I'm a happy boy
I'm a happy boy
I'm a happy boy

:party: :dance: :party:

You've been wanting to see them live for quite some time, no?

ravenheart
07-21-2010, 01:42 PM

No fees with Live Nation? What kind of sorcery is this?!

ravenheart
07-21-2010, 01:47 PM
You've been wanting to see them live for quite some time, no?

Someone's got to ;)

Natrlhi
07-21-2010, 01:49 PM
You've been wanting to see them live for quite some time, no?Yes!

No fees with Live Nation? What kind of sorcery is this?!I dunno, but I'll take it!

Someone's got to ;)Blow me ;)

Indestructible
07-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Soilwork- The panic broadcast
Children of Bodom - Hatecrew Deathroll

mastodon421
07-21-2010, 04:08 PM
As I Lay Dying Shirt

Indestructible
07-21-2010, 05:34 PM
This
http://www.infowarsshop.com/Legalize-Freedom-Flag-T-Shirt_p_274.html

idrinkwine732
07-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Cynic and Sleep tickets!

illninoese
07-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Another big haul in today. So glad I've been saving all year for this trip.

Destroy Destroy Destroy - Devour The Power
Firewind - Forged By Fire
Agalloch - Pale Folklore
Entombed - To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth
E.Town Concrete - Time2Shine
Edge Of Sanity - Cryptic :rocker:
Edge Of Sanity - The Spectral Sorrows :rocker:
Nailbomb - Proud To Commit Commercial Suicide :rocker::party:
Bleeding Through - Portrait Of The Goddess
Extol - Mesmerized
Diecast - Undo The Wicked (I've been looking for this for a while) :party:
Anaal Nathrakh - Hell Is Empty And All The Devils Are Here :rocker:
Amon Amarth - The Avenger :rocker:
Cephalic Carnage - Exploiting Disfunction
Vehemence - God Was Created
Enslaved - Blodhemn
Cephalic Carnage - Lucid Interval
Hypocrisy - Into The Abyss :rocker:
Kreator - Endless Pain
One Man Army And The Undead Quartet - 21st Century Killing Machine
Entombed - Hollowman
Darkest Hour - Hidden Hands Of A Sadist Nation
Athiest - Unquestionable Presence :rocker:
Walls Of Jericho - A Day And A Thousand Years
Candiria - The C.O.M.A. Imprint
At The Gates - Terminal Spirit Disease (Original Version)

ravenheart
07-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Therion - Live Gothic (2CD+DVD)

Crionics
07-22-2010, 01:01 PM
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4853/62614385.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/i/62614385.jpg/)

Natrlhi
07-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thundergod (CD & DVD) - $8 used
ChthoniC - Seediq Bale - $5 used
Lightning Swords of Death - The Extra-Dimensional Wound - $10 new
(...all in addition to that $10 PRIMUS ticket I already mentioned...)

Yeah - yesterday was a good day. :D

illninoese
07-22-2010, 01:58 PM

Nice find! The DVD is pretty entertaining.

evildeadjedi
07-22-2010, 02:31 PM

Killer cd it will make you grow a beard if you don't have one already.

maidenpriest
07-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Avantasia- The Wicked Symphony
Opeth- Blackwater Park

FYE had a 9.99 sale for most of new cds. i was shocked to see Avantasia in there.

TonyD
07-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Opeth- Blackwater Park

Also $10 isn't really a bargain for cd's anymore...

TonyD
07-22-2010, 11:13 PM
About to get the poorly advertised Mastodon shirt/7" package from Amoeba tomorrow. I'm sure I'll end up picking up some other stuff I don't need there and at Shaxul records across the street.

idrinkwine732
07-22-2010, 11:21 PM
About to get the poorly advertised Mastodon shirt/7" package from Amoeba tomorrow. I'm sure I'll end up picking up some other stuff I don't need there and at Shaxul records across the street.

Shaxul = :drool:

maidenpriest
07-23-2010, 12:08 AM
yea but a lot of stores either dont have these cds (i dont shop online, no debit/credit cards :( ) or its too expensive so i take what i can get.

Fires Of Sedition
07-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Lamb Of God shirt

idrinkwine732
07-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Also $10 isn't really a bargain for cd's anymore...

At Amoeba it is, that shit shocks me every time I walk in there. Don't remember what newer prices were like at Shaxul...

girnny777
07-23-2010, 04:01 PM
KISS - s/t
Overkill - The Years Of Decay (used)

After using some FYE store credit, my total was a wallet-raping $1.73.

IrritatedTrout
07-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Pre-ordered The Final Frontier special edition CD and the picture disc vinyl. Will buy the regular CD on release morning, can't wait!

Maiden33
07-23-2010, 09:31 PM
I'll be getting the album at this great record store about a half hour from me that gets everything in the weekend prior to release. I should have it on the afternoon of Friday, August 13th. If they have the special edition I'll get it, if not, just the normal CD and I'll probably get the special edition later on.

powerslave_85
07-23-2010, 09:59 PM
I'll be picking up the regular CD at Hot Topic on release day [/poseur]

mankvill
07-23-2010, 10:45 PM
[/poseur]

wtf

powerslave_85
07-23-2010, 10:49 PM
That's the correct spelling, sucka.

JRA
07-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Morbid Angel-Formulas Fatal To The Flesh

Wizzbang11
07-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Reek of Putrefaction pic disc! woohoo!

TonyD
07-24-2010, 11:15 AM
At Amoeba it is, that shit shocks me every time I walk in there. Don't remember what newer prices were like at Shaxul...

Yeah the selection is great but the prices are pretty bad. For example I saw multiple used copies of Massive Aggressive for $12-13 on CD. And they had the last 3 Kyuss albums on vinyl but they were $30 :angry:

I did pick up the limited Mastodon shirt/7" for $20 at Ameoba
Traded in for a new copy of Black Sabbath and an original copy of Defenders of the Faith on vinyl at Shaxul
And got the Re-Traced 10" at the show

daimonos
07-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Morbid Angel-Formulas Fatal To The Flesh

Good choice. :rocker:

powerslave_85
07-24-2010, 05:00 PM
A Blu-Ray player :party: :party:

DethMaiden
07-24-2010, 05:02 PM
A Blu-Ray player :party: :party:

I'll just make the next system I buy a PS3. That's just a little too much money for a one trick pony.

powerslave_85
07-24-2010, 05:21 PM
A 120 GB PS3 is about $70 more than what I paid for this, and I just didn't see myself using the gaming aspect of it very much. I can count the number of Playstation exclusives I'm interested in on one hand, if that.

mankvill
07-24-2010, 05:38 PM
ps3 has no gaems

DethMaiden
07-24-2010, 05:39 PM
ps3 has no gaems

But it does have the same games as 360, at least, and I don't actually own that system (it's my brother's). So for the Blu-Ray and being able to play the same games I would be buying on 360 anyway, I'll probably get one.

mankvill
07-24-2010, 05:56 PM
but ps3 had no gaems!

mastodon421
07-25-2010, 06:43 AM
but ps3 had no gaems!

True but they have God Of War 3.

ChildrenofSodom
07-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Just bought two textbooks ($200 total) and I still have to buy my Spanish materials ($150)....college is a bummer. :(

mankvill
07-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Just bought two textbooks ($200 total) and I still have to buy my Spanish materials ($150)....college is a bummer. :(

lol just download textbooks

daimonos
07-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Cynic - Traced in Air
Carcass - Reek of Putrefaction

The medical bag the Carcass album came in is sweet :horns:

SomewhereInTime72
07-26-2010, 01:20 AM
lol just download textbooks

more like: use ebay and such to get cheap ass used textbooks and sell them to the school bookstore for more than you bought 'em for once you're done.

mankvill
07-26-2010, 02:18 AM
more like: use ebay and such to get cheap ass used textbooks and sell them to the school bookstore for more than you bought 'em for once you're done.

That too!

Once found a 70-something dollar textbook online for 3 dollars.