PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Latest Purchases' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

TonyD
04-29-2010, 09:25 AM
I think I'm the only one that's not serious though...

ravenheart
04-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Moonsorrow > Opeth

I was not here in 2005 so :tongue:

Everyone knows this isn't true :tongue:

ravenheart
04-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Also, bad. I'm gonna take a lot of crap for that.

I doubt it. We're all used to you not being able to separate "I don't like it" from "it's bad" :D

Everyone knows Opeth is a very specific style and you either like it or don't. But to call their music bad is, if I'm brutally honest (and I think we all know I am), pretty silly. That's like calling, I don't know, Dream Theater's music bad (I like). Or Pink Floyd's (I don't). Or Porcupine Tree's (I like some). Or Maiden's (I like). And so on. Clearly none of them are. But all are acquired tastes.

SomewhereInTime72
04-29-2010, 04:58 PM
That's like calling, I don't know, Dream Theater's music bad.

Dream Theater's music is usually terrible. :)

Maiden33
04-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Dream Theater's music is usually terrible. :)

I'm not gonna freak out on you even though I disagree, because I think it was you who had the long rant that I agreed with about people needing to stop taking it personally when someone says something is "bad" instead of just saying they don't like it. I can say anything I want is bad - it doesn't make it a fact, and it doesn't mean I believe it is a fact, but to me, that's what I think. "I think Opeth is bad" is not a false statement", because it is inherently an opinion based on the fact that I am saying it.

I would say that I am able to distinguish bad from "I don't like it", but theoretically, what I consider bad, some pretentious person will argue can not be bad - because music can't be bad because it's all about personal expression. I'm so over the petty debates about "You can't say that sucks!". I can say whatever I want, people don't have to agree with it.

ChildrenofSodom
04-29-2010, 05:12 PM
^ Can we have a contest to see who can make the shortest comment and simultaneously get the longest counter response from Jeff.

Maiden33
04-29-2010, 05:14 PM
^ Can we have a contest to see who can make the shortest comment and simultaneously get the longest counter response from Jeff.

Please shut up. I am tired of catching shit from people because I don't think my thoughts can be expressed in about 150 characters.

DethMaiden
04-29-2010, 05:19 PM

Please shut up. I am tired of catching shit from people because I don't think my thoughts can be expressed in about 150 characters.

Cameron lost the contest. :(

ravenheart
04-29-2010, 05:31 PM
"I think Opeth is bad" is not a false statement

Agreed, that is not a false statement. But not being a false statement doesn't preclude it from being wrong.

If no one had ever told me Rob Halford was gay, I could say "I think Rob Halford is straight", which wouldn't be a false statement, but it would be wrong.

ravenheart
04-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Cameron lost the contest. :(

The first attempt rarely wins. It takes trial and error ;)

ravenheart
04-29-2010, 05:35 PM
I would say that I am able to distinguish bad from "I don't like it"

I honestly wouldn't. But you're not alone.

Maiden33
04-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Agreed, that is not a false statement. But not being a false statement doesn't preclude it from being wrong.

If no one had ever told me Rob Halford was gay, I could say "I think Rob Halford is straight", which wouldn't be a false statement, but it would be wrong.

Here is the problem:

Halford IS gay. By the definition of the term homosexual, and the fact that Halford is, admittedly of that persuasion - it becomes a fact.

Opeth sucks can NOT be proven or disproven, because "sucking" is an intangible quality, in a sense it is whatever you think it is. Some people out there think Suicide Silence is great and Iron Maiden sucks. By your (and my) definition of what is good and what sucks, that is untrue, but that's the problem - YOUR definition. People look to get different things out of music and what sucks to one person may be great to the other - it doesn't make either of them wrong.

Now, I know what you could say - You can claim someone is "better" or "does not suck" at music than someone else because of certain given skills, but at the end of the day, a person has the right to say they hate technical proficiency and would rather listen to nursery rhymes or incessant noise. It's art, there is no right or wrong.

Maiden33
04-29-2010, 05:40 PM
I honestly wouldn't. But you're not alone.

And you can? Please show me proof of this godly talent you posses. I am so sick of this elitist attitude from people on this board like "I am a better music listener than you". I've never understood why people care SO god damn much about how other people enjoy what they enjoy.

ravenheart
04-29-2010, 05:48 PM
Here is the problem:

Halford IS gay. By the definition of the term homosexual, and the fact that Halford is, admittedly of that persuasion - it becomes a fact.

Opeth sucks can NOT be proven or disproven, because "sucking" is an intangible quality, in a sense it is whatever you think it is. Some people out there think Suicide Silence is great and Iron Maiden sucks. By your (and my) definition of what is good and what sucks, that is untrue, but that's the problem - YOUR definition. People look to get different things out of music and what sucks to one person may be great to the other - it doesn't make either of them wrong.

Haha, really? Personal definitions of "sucks"? No. Just no.

Now, sweepstake on who makes the first blowjob joke. Hmmm, both my top picks aren't online... so I'll go with DethMaiden.

Maiden33
04-29-2010, 05:51 PM

Whatever. I stand by everything I said, but if you've bothered to argue this far, obviously you're not just gonna "get it" and see where I'm coming from.

DethMaiden
04-29-2010, 05:54 PM

Now, sweepstake on who makes the first blowjob joke. Hmmm, both my top picks aren't online... so I'll go with DethMaiden.

Fact: Halford sucks, but his music doesn't.

Does that qualify? ;)

JuuKun
04-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Moonsorrow > Opeth

I agree. :party:

ravenheart
04-29-2010, 05:58 PM
And you can?

Yes, absolutely. I don't throw my work around as much as I probably should. I barely promote it at all really. I should get better at that, but I don't do it to be able to promote it all day long and hope it makes me money. But if I couldn't distinguish between "bad" and "I don't like it", do you honestly think I'd have been able to do this for seven years?

I'm not that special. I'm by no means the best at it, and certainly not the most successful. Nor do I particuarly want to be because I know what that brings, have been a part of it, and don't enjoy it. But I wouldn't have a single label backing me with their stuff, or festivals in other countries happily giving me weekend passes no questions asked, if I just went around saying everything I personally didn't like was a piece of shit.

I'd have been down to reviewing my Christmas presents years ago.

I am so sick of this elitist attitude from people on this board like "I am a better music listener than you". I've never understood why people care SO god damn much about how other people enjoy what they enjoy.

No one cares about how you enjoy your music. And no one cares what you enjoy and what you don't. All the black metal fans don't care that you don't like black metal, just as much as you don't care that they don't like power metal. And it's not about being a "better music listener". What promotes these backlashes is what you say about the music.

That and then crying that people are elitist when they don't like something you've said.

I don't like most black metal either, to continue with that example. But where you say "it sucks", I get someone else to listen to it for me, because for me to give my opinion of it would be meaningless and counter productive. Yes, entirely different settings, but identical principle.

That was annoying. I hate writing posts that are basically "yes, I'm great at this, look at my wonderful website". Which is why I'm so bad at promoting it! Other sites seem to have no shame! :lol:

ravenheart
04-29-2010, 06:00 PM
I agree. :party:

You don't count as you clearly live in a made-up town ;)

ravenheart
04-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Fact: Halford sucks, but his music doesn't.

Does that qualify? ;)

You could have at least waited for people to draw some more names ;)

Maiden33
04-29-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm not that special. I'm by no means the best at it, and certainly not the most successful. Nor do I particuarly want to be because I know what that brings, have been a part of it, and don't enjoy it. But I wouldn't have a single label backing me with their stuff, or festivals in other countries happily giving me weekend passes no questions asked, if I just went around saying everything I personally didn't like was a piece of shit.

No one cares about how you enjoy your music. And no one cares what you enjoy and what you don't. All the black metal fans don't care that you don't like black metal, just as much as you don't care that they don't like power metal. And it's not about being a "better music listener". What promotes these backlashes is what you say about the music.

That and then crying that people are elitist when they don't like something you've said.

I don't like most black metal either, to continue with that example. But where you say "it sucks", I get someone else to listen to it for me, because for me to give my opinion of it would be meaningless and counter productive. Yes, entirely different settings, but identical principle.

That was annoying. I hate writing posts that are basically "yes, I'm great at this, look at my wonderful website". Which is why I'm so bad at promoting it! Other sites seem to have no shame! :lol:

My rebuttals apply to the bolded text in the order they appear.

1) I don't do that. First, I don't ever even go in topics around here that apply to bands I don't like, and when in others, you don't exactly see me quoting stuff about bands I don't like, irrelevantly saying: "That's a piece of shit", don't try to turn this into a bigger habit or occurrence than it is.

2) Not what I did, or more specifically why I did it.

3) No one comes to me looking for an honest opinion on anything I don't like or "don't understand", so I have no reason to really be "open minded" about it. Everyone here knows I'm no authority on a whole bunch of subgenres, so they pretty much know not to take anything I say seriously when it comes to those things. Thusly there is no point in me being cute and coy about music I don't like. If I don't like something, I think it sucks, and I say that. Get over it.

4) :tp:

Furthermore, it's not a crime to say something "sucks", because that's you own opinion which you are entitled to and entitled to voice. It's your own opinion, and frankly, the only people who ever give anyone crap about doing that are when they disagree with specifically what they're saying, not the principle. Why? Because the principle is bullshit. At the end of the day, people wouldn't bother to step into a discussion where someone was trashing a whole bunch of music they don't like, but because it applies to something they do like, they a stake in it.

That's it. I have nothing more to say. I still stand behind everything I said and you're not going to change my mind. If you've still got such a massive problem with it, I don't know what to say.

JuuKun
04-29-2010, 06:30 PM
You don't count as you clearly live in a made-up town ;)

I can't tell whether you're serious or not :lol: Pawtucket's real, though. We're the home of the longest game in professional baseball history, the worldwide corporate headquarters of Hasbro Toys, and Slater Mill, one of the first cotton mills in America and Samuel Slater was one of the founders of the American cotton industry.

So, made-up town my ass :D

mankvill
04-29-2010, 07:15 PM
i like turtles

DethMaiden
04-29-2010, 07:31 PM
I can't tell whether you're serious or not :lol: Pawtucket's real, though. We're the home of the longest game in professional baseball history, the worldwide corporate headquarters of Hasbro Toys, and Slater Mill, one of the first cotton mills in America and Samuel Slater was one of the founders of the American cotton industry.

So, made-up town my ass :D

Racist!

JuuKun
04-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Racist!

Samuel Slater was white, and is popularly known as the "Father of the American Industrial Revolution." :eyes:

DethMaiden
04-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Samuel Slater was white, and is popularly known as the "Father of the American Industrial Revolution."

And we give mad props to Eli Whitney in our history books when all he did was perpetuate slavery another seventy years. Just sayin'. ;)

JuuKun
04-29-2010, 08:15 PM
And we give mad props to Eli Whitney in our history books when all he did was perpetuate slavery another seventy years. Just sayin'. ;)

Haha :) Fair point.

On second thought, fuck Samuel Slater. As a kid, my elementary school took us to Slater Mill atleast once a year. Most boring field trips ever.

Fires Of Sedition
04-29-2010, 10:43 PM
First actual Latest Purchase in a while...

Powerglove shirt

ravenheart
04-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Deep Purple - Burn (30th Anniversary Edition)

Oh, and the small matter of a trip to Hamburg for the Europa League Final. Cue an almost-immediate call from my bank's fraud protection department! :lol:

Derelict
04-30-2010, 05:43 AM
Deep Purple - Burn (30th Anniversary Edition)

Oh, and the small matter of a trip to Hamburg for the Europa League Final. Cue an almost-immediate call from my bank's fraud protection department! :lol:

Try not to spend all your money in the Reeperbahn. Kidding. I didn't like that city very much.

DethMaiden
05-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Symphony X - V: The New Mythology

SomewhereInTime72
05-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Symphony X - V: The New Mythology

Excellent album. :)

DethMaiden
05-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Excellent album. :)

When they come around with Nevermore, I'll be ready.

Candlemass on the other hand...still pretty unfamiliar. :snivel:

ravenheart
05-01-2010, 03:48 PM

If you want to start with studio material, start with 'Death Magic Doom'. It's brilliant, but not quite their best. It is however the most recent and they will be playing at least two songs from it, regardless of how long their set is. Plus, that will give you a good idea of what they sound like with Rob on vocals.

Otherwise you can't go far wrong at all with the new 'Ashes To Ashes' live CD/DVD. The mix of songs from old and new is pretty spot on, and very likely similar to what they'll play on this tour.

For the old stuff, get 'Live Reunion'. It's a different singer, but covers the best of the old material pretty comprehensively. Or, if you prefer studio, get either of the compilations 'As It Was, As It Is' or 'Essential Doom'.

To get individual albums to cover what you'd need to know, you'd really have to buy all of the first four.

SomewhereInTime72
05-01-2010, 03:51 PM

I recommend you change this. ;)

DethMaiden
05-01-2010, 04:19 PM
If you want to start with studio material, start with 'Death Magic Doom'. It's brilliant, but not quite their best. It is however the most recent and they will be playing at least two songs from it, regardless of how long their set is. Plus, that will give you a good idea of what they sound like with Rob on vocals.

Otherwise you can't go far wrong at all with the new 'Ashes To Ashes' live CD/DVD. The mix of songs from old and new is pretty spot on, and very likely similar to what they'll play on this tour.

For the old stuff, get 'Live Reunion'. It's a different singer, but covers the best of the old material pretty comprehensively. Or, if you prefer studio, get either of the compilations 'As It Was, As It Is' or 'Essential Doom'.

To get individual albums to cover what you'd need to know, you'd really have to buy all of the first four.

I recommend you change this. ;)

I don't find them terribly intriguing, at least not yet. If anything I'll check out Nightfall because that's in the Decibel Hall of Fame. But if they put on a good performance then I'll probably be inspired to dig through their catalogue.

ravenheart
05-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I don't find them terribly intriguing, at least not yet. If anything I'll check out Nightfall because that's in the Decibel Hall of Fame. But if they put on a good performance then I'll probably be inspired to dig through their catalogue.

Nightfall is good, but not amazing. Of the first four I always enjoy Ancient Dreams the most. There's just no arguing with 'Mirror Mirror', 'The Bells of Acheron' and 'Darkness In Paradise', and the closing 'Black Sabbath Medley' just leaves you wishing they'd covered the whole Sabbath catalogue.

In all honesty though, they haven't made a bad album, and for a band who have had five different singers, that's impressive.

They released a very interesting anniversary DVD the other year of a gig shot fairly low-budget, but including lots of guest singers, with some of their past guys, Rob Lowe before he joined the band permanently, plus people like Mats Leven and Mikael Akerfeldt. Awesome stuff.

SomewhereInTime72
05-01-2010, 04:40 PM

Nightfall is a good place to start; great album.

mankvill
05-01-2010, 05:21 PM
I have their self-titled and it's pretty fucking awesome.

ravenheart
05-01-2010, 05:35 PM
I have their self-titled and it's pretty fucking awesome.

Indeed it is. Although not their best.

JuuKun
05-02-2010, 09:21 PM
God Dethroned - The Grand Grimoire

Now, if they would just bring a copy of The Christhunt with them next time, I'd have all the albums...

Fires Of Sedition
05-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Red Dead Redemption

illninoese
05-04-2010, 06:50 AM
Red Dead Redemption

Your thoughts on it?

Bleeding Through - Bleeding Through
Periphery - Periphery :rocker:

Fires Of Sedition
05-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Your thoughts on it?

Bleeding Through - Bleeding Through
Periphery - Periphery :rocker:

I ordered it from eBay, so I have to wait for it to come in the mail. But from the commercials and the GameInformer preview, it looks awesome.

mankvill
05-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Red Dead Redemption

Are you 14 days in the future?!

Fires Of Sedition
05-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Are you 14 days in the future?!

:cool:

mankvill
05-04-2010, 03:53 PM
1349 - Demonoir

Plus a sweet Demonoir shirt.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Primus tickets

daimonos
05-05-2010, 11:14 AM
1349 - Demonoir
Goatsnake - Trampled Under Hoof
Burning Witch - Crippled Lucifer
Thorr's Hammer - Dommedagsnatt
Decapitated - The Negation
Impaled Nazarene - All That You Fear

mankvill
05-05-2010, 11:20 AM
1349 - Demonoir
Goatsnake - Trampled Under Hoof
Burning Witch - Crippled Lucifer
Thorr's Hammer - Dommedagsnatt
Decapitated - The Negation

hi new best friend :lovedup:

Natrlhi
05-05-2010, 11:27 AM

You're gonna have one long-ass drive to go over his house and listen to those records with him while you both make s'mores.

The Green and Black
05-05-2010, 12:18 PM
You're gonna have one long-ass drive to go over his house and listen to those records with him while you both make s'mores.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playnmJB_TI

daimonos
05-05-2010, 01:25 PM

hello

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playnmJB_TI

that's hilarious. :lol:

es156
05-05-2010, 03:04 PM

:(

ravenheart
05-05-2010, 04:05 PM
A flight to Helsinki for the first day of Tuska Open-Air.

Devin Townsend playing all of Ziltoid, plus Testament, Satyricon, Tarot, Ihsahn, Pain, Swallow The Sun and Obituary.

Win :D

daimonos
05-05-2010, 05:10 PM

Devin Townsend playing all of Ziltoid, plus Testament, Satyricon, Tarot, Ihsahn, Pain, Swallow The Sun and Obituary.

If I were you, I would be freaking out.

Ziltoid live would be awesome, that man is such a genius.

As for Ihsahn, North America will probably never see his solo band live, so you are ridiculously lucky for that too.

I wanna hear about how this show was after you get back. :rocker:

Derelict
05-05-2010, 07:01 PM

I'll be there too buddy, assuming they let us out of Russia

mankvill
05-05-2010, 07:02 PM
:(

:lovedup:

DethMaiden
05-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Clutch ticket
Mastodon ticket
Iron Maiden ticket (well, it shipped today)
Iron Man 2 midnight showing ticket

Maiden33
05-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Clutch ticket
Mastodon ticket
Iron Maiden ticket (well, it shipped today)
Iron Man 2 midnight showing ticket

Just hit the lottery today?

JRA
05-05-2010, 07:09 PM
mmmm smores.

DethMaiden
05-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Just hit the lottery today?

I was waiting for my friend I'm going with to Mastodon and Clutch to pay me for his tickets so I went ahead and placed the order. Already had paid for the Maiden ticket. And the Iron Man 2 ticket...well, it was 7 bucks, so whatever. :lol:

illninoese
05-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Isis - Panopticon
Isis - Mosquito Control EP
Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? (Original Copy)

All at FYE for $16 bucks. It was a toss up between the new Ocean Collective album or these 3 CDS. I'll probably go back and buy Heliocentric sometime next week.

ravenheart
05-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Molly Hatchet - Flirtin' With Disaster
Molly Hatchet - Flirtin' With Disaster Live

Wizzbang11
05-08-2010, 11:57 AM
N.W.A.-Straight Outta Compton shirt

JuuKun
05-08-2010, 04:49 PM

Fantastic album. ImpNaz are probably my favorite BM band.. Nihil & Pro Patria Finlandia are my favorites, though.

Super jealous of the Tuska folks. Tarot, Ihsahn, and Pain :drool:

On topic: Just preordered the ReVamp s/t.

ravenheart
05-08-2010, 05:04 PM

:D

daimonos
05-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Fantastic album. ImpNaz are probably my favorite BM band.. Nihil & Pro Patria Finlandia are my favorites, though.

On topic: Just preordered the ReVamp s/t.

All That You Fear is the only one I have by them, and I've absolutely loved it ever since I bought it. My local music store has a copy of Pro Patria Finlanda in so I'm going to be buying that one real soon.

And yes. I'm jealous too.

Derelict
05-08-2010, 05:50 PM
I'll bring you all some mintu back from Finland

b_halperin
05-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Necrophagist - Onset of Putrefaction
Crematorium - For All Our Sins...
Daath - The Hinderers
Sepsism - To Prevail In Disgust

All of them are sounding incredibly kickass :rocker:

mankvill
05-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Sepsism - To Prevail In Disgust

Woah woah woah woah woah

Woah.

woah.

Woah.

You just went up 100 points in my "kick-ass!" book. :rocker:

Uncle_Meat1940
05-08-2010, 09:50 PM
http://www.indiemerchstore.com/cattledecap/item/7641/

Wizzbang11
05-08-2010, 10:36 PM
http://www.indiemerchstore.com/cattledecap/item/7641/

:party:
I got that back in November, best Cattle shirt ever!
Just need to make a Human Jerky one...

daimonos
05-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Watching how good the new Decapitated drummer is.

Here's a video of him playing Day 69...this is probably what got him the job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUs1_OKQRwI

ravenheart
05-09-2010, 07:19 AM

Hang on... death metal vocals that are decent? Why did no one tell me?!

Checking me out some Decapitated now. Seems like it's only Covan I like, not Sauron.

daimonos
05-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Watching how good the new Decapitated drummer is.

Here's a video of him playing Day 69...this is probably what got him the job.

I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread.

My bad, people.

daimonos
05-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Hang on... death metal vocals that are decent? Why did no one tell me?!

Checking me out some Decapitated now. Seems like it's only Covan I like, not Sauron.

And yes. Organic Halucinosis is a masterpiece.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Roger Waters Presale tickets, told to be within the first 30 rows.

Gruesome Twosome Floor ticket.

ravenheart
05-09-2010, 01:38 PM
http://www.merchco-online.com/includes/img.php?m=315&p=images/&i=exodus-logo%20red-dickies.png

ravenheart
05-10-2010, 04:47 PM
http://www.testamentlegions.com/merch/SS-LGSKULL.gif

Looks like I got in just in time with the Exodus shirt. It's disappeared from the site. Must have sold out. They still have it with a green logo though.

Incidentally, everything in Exodus' store is half price right now.

http://www.merchco-online.com/exodus/

And there're a few Testament shirts from last year going cheap too. $12.50 with free shipping.

http://www.testamentlegions.com/merch2.htm

The Green and Black
05-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Whoa! Great Deal! Thanks for sharing!
I just ordered -

http://www.testamentlegions.com/merch/bbdoll-strap-logo-red.gif

http://www.testamentlegions.com/merch/angelstonelegacy-ss.jpg

http://www.testamentlegions.com/merch/SOB-SS-SHIRT2.gif

Derelict
05-11-2010, 06:33 AM
i went to buy tickets for something else of ticketmaster.com this morning, it gave me Adam Lambert as a recommended event. WTF.

Cynicist
05-11-2010, 06:48 AM
i went to buy tickets for something else of ticketmaster.com this morning, it gave me Adam Lambert as a recommended event. WTF.

What kind have shows have you been going to... :nonono:

Derelict
05-11-2010, 06:54 AM
What kind have shows have you been going to... :nonono:

Nothing that should trigger that as a recommended artist

mankvill
05-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Whoa! Great Deal! Thanks for sharing!
I just ordered -

http://www.testamentlegions.com/merch/bbdoll-strap-logo-red.gif

What are you, a girl?!

Derelict
05-11-2010, 11:17 AM
What are you, a girl?!

welcome to last week brah

evildeadjedi
05-11-2010, 11:42 AM
I recently got four new metal shirts to add to my wardrobe.

Suffocation with the "Blood Oath" album cover.
Napalm Death "Time Waits for No Slave" album cover.
Children of Bodom "All over grim reaper"
Mastodon "Crack the Skye"

Granted, I got them all from Hot Topic:tp: but I only ended up paying 33 bucks for four shirts so I can live with that. :) Thank you clearance racks. :party:

The Green and Black
05-11-2010, 11:49 AM
What are you, a girl?!

welcome to last week brah

You know, I can't tell if he is kidding or not! :lol:
But for the record, yes, I'm a girl, not a cross dresser.

ravenheart
05-11-2010, 11:54 AM
http://www.testamentlegions.com/merch/angelstonelegacy-ss.jpg

I would have got this one if they'd had the version with the European dates on. I saw them three times on that tour.

ravenheart
05-11-2010, 11:54 AM
You know, I can't tell if he is kidding or not! :lol:

He is.

Cynicist
05-11-2010, 11:59 AM
I would have got this one if they'd had the version with the European dates on. I saw them three times on that tour.

I hope it actually says "Tour Dates on Back"

daimonos
05-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Morbid Angel T-Shirt

:rocker:

Fires Of Sedition
05-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Revocation - Empire Of The Obscene

mankvill
05-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Death - The Sound Of Perseverance Deluxe Edition w/ Live in Cottbus 1998 DVD
High On Fire - Blessed Black Wings
The Beatles - Please Please Me
Converge - No Heroes

Got all HoF albums 'cept Surrounded By Thieves now!

daimonos
05-14-2010, 07:13 AM
Death - The Sound Of Perseverance Deluxe Edition w/ Live in Cottbus 1998 DVD
High On Fire - Blessed Black Wings
The Beatles - Please Please Me
Converge - No Heroes

Got all HoF albums 'cept Surrounded By Thieves now!

The Sound of Perseverance is an incredible album. Blessed Black Wings is a really good album, but I can't say I like it as much as the other High on Fire I have, I have all of them except for The Art of Self Defense. Surrounded by Thieves is a good investment though.

Derelict
05-14-2010, 08:30 AM
The Sound of Perseverance is an incredible album.

mine is signed by the whole band :party:

JRA
05-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Immortal- At The Heart of Winter

The Green and Black
05-14-2010, 10:52 AM

Yes! :fist:

daimonos
05-14-2010, 11:24 AM

I'm extremely jealous...

Great fucking album.

ravenheart
05-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Ace Frehley - Anomaly
Benedictum - Season of Tragedy (Limited Edition)
Europe - Start From The Dark
Europe - Secret Society
The Order - Rockwolf
Eddie Ojeda - Axes 2 Axes

TonyD
05-14-2010, 02:51 PM

:wow:

Kyuss - Sky Valley purple
Meshuggah - Catch 33
Baroness - Red Album on Hyperrealist w/ etchings
Queens - s/t and Kyuss split

on vinyl.

IrritatedTrout
05-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Motorhead- Inferno

Fires Of Sedition
05-14-2010, 07:02 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110483317650&var=410001250082&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Uncle_Meat1940
05-14-2010, 08:50 PM
on vinyl.

Woooooo! *high fives you* :party:

ravenheart
05-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Halcyon Way - A Manifesto For Domination

Plus:

http://jsrdirect.com/bands/fozzy/images/foz101lg.jpg

mastodon421
05-16-2010, 09:01 AM
As I Lay Dying-The Powerless Rise
Veil Of Maya-(id)
Arch Enemy-Rise Of The Tyrant
Training Day

TonyD
05-16-2010, 10:31 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110483317650&var=410001250082&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
:party:
Woooooo! *high fives you* :party:

Sounds better :cool:

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Alice In Chains tickets for this Thursday :party:

Derelict
05-16-2010, 07:10 PM
i mentioned this a couple posts ago, shitty cameraphone picture, but you get the idea

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3509/deathj.jpg (http://img514.imageshack.us/i/deathj.jpg/)

The Green and Black
05-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Still jealous and sad that I missed that show. Although I do have a signed Death promo photo that someone gave me.

TonyD
05-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Yup, that's fuckin awesome.

Wizzbang11
05-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Portal shirt with this bug
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/115/l_39db01b1d13347bcbc70f0217a6ba1f2.jpg on it.

Sanguis Imperem patch.

Sanguis Imperem/Nocturnal Blood split 12"

mankvill
05-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Got a current Mastodon tour poster for free tonight.

TonyD
05-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Forgot to mention, got 2 of these for a friend and myself last week, printed on heavy paper with metallic gold ink:
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/129/m_ddda995ef49a404dab2fa3fef2512740.jpg

Natrlhi
05-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Got a current Mastodon tour poster for free tonight.Then you posted in the wrong thread, then, didn't you? :finger:

IrritatedTrout
05-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Dio - Tournado

For 2 CDs, a DVD, and a single it's a little pricey but considering it includes the last piece of music Dio ever wrote and his signature, I'd say it's worth it.

Here's the link in case anyone wants to buy one, I'd say these will probably go pretty fast.

http://ronniejamesdio.com/tournado.asp

DethMaiden
05-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Red Dead Redemption for 360

Haven't spent 60 bucks on a game...ever. I have a lot of hope for this.

ravenheart
05-18-2010, 02:56 AM
Dio - Tournado

For 2 CDs, a DVD, and a single it's a little pricey but considering it includes the last piece of music Dio ever wrote and his signature, I'd say it's worth it.

Here's the link in case anyone wants to buy one, I'd say these will probably go pretty fast.

http://ronniejamesdio.com/tournado.asp

I'm really hoping that single sees the light of day on its own. I already have the DVD and both the CDs :(

I did order a copy of Martin Popoff's Dio book though.

http://www.martinpopoff.com/html/Diobook.html

ravenheart
05-18-2010, 02:58 AM

You still shouldn't have. Regardless of how good it does or doesn't turn out to be.

DethMaiden
05-18-2010, 07:35 AM
You still shouldn't have. Regardless of how good it does or doesn't turn out to be.

Really didn't want to wait. :snivel: My brothers should be chipping in some of the cost when they get home today, at least.

Cynicist
05-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Red Dead Redemption for 360

Did you get the $25 gift card from Toys R US, or the $10 from Target? :D

But yeah, that's too much, wait until it's used for $9.99

mankvill
05-18-2010, 11:03 AM
I want RDR so fucking bad, but I don't like to buy big things so close to my birthday. ;_;

DethMaiden
05-18-2010, 01:09 PM
I want RDR so fucking bad, but I don't like to buy big things so close to my birthday. ;_;

Well, pray you get it for your birthday then, it fucking rules.

Bought the new Clutch DVD today.

mastodon421
05-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Good to hear the postive feedback on Red Dead Redemption. I have been highly considering purchasing it.

TonyD
05-18-2010, 04:48 PM
$45 Blood Mountain double vinyl for $20.50 shipped :)

mankvill
05-18-2010, 05:18 PM
$45 Blood Mountain double vinyl for $20.50 shipped :)

:fist:

I got Red Dead Redemption.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-19-2010, 09:44 AM
The Accused - Oh Martha! on Navy Blue Vinyl

Bonded by Blood - Feed the Beast on Clear Vinyl

Cannabis Corpse - The Weeding E.P. Square Picture Disc, Limited to 420 copies

Cephalic Carnage - Conforming to Abnormality Repress on Dark Green Vinyl Limited Press of 300

Municipal Waste - Waste 'Em All on Clear Blue Vinyl

Phobia/Resist and Exist - Slit LP

Phobia - Grind Your Fucking Head In on Navy Blue Vinyl

Toxic Holocaust - An Overdose of Death

Fetus Eaters/Borstels Rache - Softcore/Herdentier Split LP, Hand Numbered 223/800 on Clear Vinyl

The Green and Black
05-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Charred Walls of the Damned

ravenheart
05-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Charred Walls of the Damned

:zzz:

Fires Of Sedition
05-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Necrophagist - Epitaph
Necrophagist - Onset Of Putrefaction

for my cousin's birthday....but, of course, I'm going to listen to them on the drive up to deliver them to him. :D

daimonos
05-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Ozzfest tickets!

The Green and Black
05-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Ozzfest tickets!

Still debating, so expensive. :eek:

daimonos
05-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Still debating, so expensive. :eek:

Lawn tickets are only somewhere around 30-40 dollars.

The tickets I got are pavilion seats, and they were 60, and they're not that good.

The good pavilion seats are expensive though.

The Green and Black
05-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Lawn tickets are only somewhere around 30-40 dollars.

The tickets I got are pavilion seats, and they were 60, and they're not that good.

The good pavilion seats are expensive though.

Yes, 155.00 for Pit and 130.00 for Pavillion for my show.

Do you know what the rotating schedule is about? I mean does that mean those bands will only be at certain shows? Or does that just mean the time they go on will rotate? Me confused.

mankvill
05-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Yes, 155.00 for Pit and 130.00 for Pavillion for my show.

Do you know what the rotating schedule is about? I mean does that mean those bands will only be at certain shows? Or does that just mean the time they go on will rotate? Me confused.

All bands will play all shows, rotating means they rotate who plays first, second and third.

ravenheart
05-20-2010, 03:03 PM
All bands will play all shows, rotating means they rotate who plays first, second and third.

Don't they have rotating bands every year?

It should mean they spin on the spot while playing ;)

Seriously though, I really wouldn't pay that kind of money for that line-up. Not having seen Crue and Ozzy in recent years and knowing how bad they are.

mankvill
05-20-2010, 03:29 PM

Yeah, doesn't Tommy Lee still have the rotating drum kit? :lol:

ravenheart
05-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Paradise Lost - The Anatomy of Melancholy: Live
Brothers of A Feather - Live At The Roxy (DVD)
Scorpions - Moment of Glory (DVD)

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens

daimonos
05-20-2010, 04:07 PM

Seriously though, I really wouldn't pay that kind of money for that line-up. Not having seen Crue and Ozzy in recent years and knowing how bad they are.

I think it's worth it.

Ozzy, Devildriver, BLS, Goatwhore, Skeletonwitch, and Kataklysm are worth it I think. Plus I think seeing Motley Crue would be pretty interesting.

ravenheart
05-20-2010, 04:15 PM
I think it's worth it.

Ozzy. Plus I think seeing Motley Crue would be pretty interesting.

Well, I guess you gotta do it once. You won't make the same mistake again though ;)

daimonos
05-20-2010, 05:41 PM
Well, I guess you gotta do it once. You won't make the same mistake again though ;)

Yup I'm kinda skeptical about how they'll be. I'm just interested in the second stage bands though, plus it'll just be an all around fun day, ya know?

The Green and Black
05-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Don't listen to Ravenheart. Seeing Motley Crue live has always been a fun experience for me. They always put on a great show! The only reason I think Ravenheart is complaining about them is because live, Vince Neil isn't always the greatest singer. But seriously, it doesn't take much away from the show, Vince isn't a technical singer on record, so who cares if he misses a few words live? He's a great frontman. There is a lot of energy at Crue shows, they are fun to watch, typically have great theatrics, pyro, video screens, dancing girls etc.

idrinkwine732
05-20-2010, 08:51 PM
I plan on having fun the entire time, including Motley Crue.

ravenheart
05-21-2010, 01:39 AM
Don't listen to Ravenheart. Seeing Motley Crue live has always been a fun experience for me. They always put on a great show! The only reason I think Ravenheart is complaining about them is because live, Vince Neil isn't always the greatest singer.

No actually, I've seen them twice, in two different settings, and the whole band were awful both times, not just Vince. Mick's playing was sloppy, Nikki didn't move, Vince was typically appalling; "a few words" is an understatement. His showmanship was lacklustre too.

Their setlists are dull as well. I saw them two years apart and aside from two new songs the sets were identical. And given their reputation for a big show the SOLA show is really lame, so unless they're going to completely re-vamp it for Ozzfest, I don't expect that to be any different either.

It's very disappointing because I am a fan, so seeing them be that bad wasn't fun. After the first time I saw them I figured I'd just put it down to an off night. So the second terrible show was a huge disappointment. I certainly won't be paying money to see them again.

ravenheart
05-21-2010, 05:55 AM
Scorpions - In Trance/Virgin Killer/Taken By Force

Batman: Year One
The Watchmen

The Green and Black
05-21-2010, 07:44 AM
The Watchmen

This reminds me, I have to watch this over the weekend!

As far as Crue goes, I have always enjoyed them live, saw them for the first time when they got back together in 1997 for the Generation Swine listening party, then about 5 shows on the Generation Swine tour, then almost every tour since. I have to admit, I did miss the last Cruefest, but I sall them on the Saints of Los Angeles Tour in a smaller place for them (Borgata in Atlantic City, NJ) and thought they were still very entertaining. I agree with you on the setlists being a bit repetitive but for those who have never seen Crue live before, it won't matter. ;)

ravenheart
05-21-2010, 09:23 AM
This reminds me, I have to watch this over the weekend!

I saw it in all it's IMAX glory. I was... underwhelmed.

Figured I'd try the book, seeing as everyone says it's so amazing...

I sall them on the Saints of Los Angeles Tour in a smaller place for them (Borgata in Atlantic City, NJ) and thought they were still very entertaining.

Well can you have a word and tell them to put some effort in next time they come to Europe.

The Green and Black
05-21-2010, 09:53 AM
I saw it in all it's IMAX glory. I was... underwhelmed.

Figured I'd try the book, seeing as everyone says it's so amazing...

hmm, I have not seen the film yet, this will be my first time. And obviously know nothing of the book. :eyes:

Well can you have a word and tell them to put some effort in next time they come to Europe.

You know, I'm not sure if
1) I'm just not as critical as you
2) American Bands put on better shows over here

I'm thinking maybe it's a little of both! ;)

Div
05-21-2010, 10:02 AM
book > movie.

movie is still ok though, but unless youre a fan of the book i dont see much value in watching it.

ravenheart
05-21-2010, 11:11 AM
You know, I'm not sure if
1) I'm just not as critical as you
2) American Bands put on better shows over here

I'm thinking maybe it's a little of both! ;)

It's
3) You're a fangirl ;)

mastodon421
05-21-2010, 12:54 PM
I really don't think Ozzfest is worth the money. I mean I love Devildriver,Skeletonwitch,Saviours and Goatwhore but I don't really care about the rest of the lineup. Halford without Priest doesn't really intrest me. Ozzy and Motley are both burnt out, I'm not really into BLS or Katkatlysm and Nonpoint/Drowning Pool both suck donkey balls. I know I am in the minority but I think the Mayhem Fest lineup crushes Ozzfest.

ravenheart
05-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Halford without Priest doesn't really intrest me.

It should. Both his proper albums are better than anything Priest have done for over two decades.

daimonos
05-21-2010, 01:25 PM
I really don't think Ozzfest is worth the money. I mean I love Devildriver,Skeletonwitch,Saviours and Goatwhore but I don't really care about the rest of the lineup. Halford without Priest doesn't really intrest me. Ozzy and Motley are both burnt out, I'm not really into BLS or Katkatlysm and Nonpoint/Drowning Pool both suck donkey balls. I know I am in the minority but I think the Mayhem Fest lineup crushes Ozzfest.

I was almost completely disappointed with the Mayhem lineup, I just think Ozzfest will be an all around better show.

$30 for a lawn seat ain't bad at all though.

xStructualDefect
05-21-2010, 03:12 PM
i was gonna go to Ozzfest just because, but then i read lawn tix are $40+. no fucking way am i paying $50 for a lawn ticket. i've paid $20-$30 for every other lawn ticket i've ever purchased.

SomewhereInTime72
05-21-2010, 03:51 PM
It should. Both his proper albums are better than anything Priest have done for over two decades.

:hmm:

You realize that statement includes Painkiller, don't you?

:hmm: :bouville:

ravenheart
05-21-2010, 04:05 PM
You realize that statement includes Painkiller, don't you?

Yes.

DethMaiden
05-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Yes.

Okay, pal, you took it too far. :lol: Love Halford's stuff, love Painkiller more than most metal albums of the last twenty years.

makethemsuffer12
05-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Angel of Retribution is a pretty sweet album as well.

TonyD
05-21-2010, 11:22 PM

Meh, a couple good songs.

ravenheart
05-22-2010, 03:58 AM
Okay, pal, you took it too far. :lol: Love Halford's stuff, love Painkiller more than most metal albums of the last twenty years.

Come on Painkiller has, what, four or five truly great songs? Stuff like Leather Rebel One Shot At Glory are pure filler. And you must have noticed how every one of them is identical too?

ravenheart
05-22-2010, 03:59 AM

Good, but Priest-by-numbers. Not a patch on Resurrection or Crucible. Or even Demolition.

mastodon421
05-22-2010, 05:10 AM

I know I am to late to the party but Painkiller is one of the finest metal records of all time.

ravenheart
05-22-2010, 05:21 AM
I know I am to late to the party but Painkiller is one of the finest metal records of all time.

Too one-dimensional for that accolade.

makethemsuffer12
05-22-2010, 05:48 AM
Come on Painkiller has, what, four or five truly great songs? Stuff like Leather Rebel One Shot At Glory are pure filler. And you must have noticed how every one of them is identical too?

I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU

ravenheart
05-22-2010, 06:31 AM
:lol:

It's just another song. Exactly the same as all the ones on the disc that are actually good, only... not good.

JuuKun
05-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Diablo Swing Orchestra - The Butcher's Ballroom
Tarot - Gravity of Light
Vanden Plas - Beyond Daylight

DethMaiden
05-22-2010, 06:53 AM

WHAT

No. No. Never. One Shot at Glory is like my second favorite Priest song.

ChildrenofSodom
05-22-2010, 06:58 AM
Jugulator is #1, gaiz.

SomewhereInTime72
05-22-2010, 08:00 AM
WHAT

No. No. Never. One Shot at Glory is like my second favorite Priest song.

For serious, Leather Rebel I can get as not so awesome, but One Shot is fucking awesome, and one of the best (if not the best) album closers Priest have ever done.

mastodon421
05-22-2010, 08:21 AM
As I Lay Dying/BTBAM ticket

makethemsuffer12
05-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Jugulator is #1, gaiz.

YOU'RE GOING
TO BURN IN HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL!!!!!!

ravenheart
05-22-2010, 10:12 AM
For serious, Leather Rebel I can get as not so awesome, but One Shot is fucking awesome, and one of the best (if not the best) album closers Priest have ever done.

Meh. Perhaps it suffers from being at the end of the album, but by the time I get to it I just feel like I've already heard it.

The Green and Black
05-22-2010, 06:26 PM
It's
3) You're a fangirl ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I suppose that could be true as well. :eyes:

mankvill
05-24-2010, 11:19 PM

Autographed, yo!

And a sweet ReaniManiac shirt!

Fires Of Sedition
05-24-2010, 11:36 PM

Autographed, yo!

And a sweet ReaniManiac shirt!

I got the first thing too! High five!

I already had a sweet Revocation shirt, or I would have gotten that as well. High five!

Natrlhi
05-25-2010, 09:15 AM
I got the first thing too! High five!

I already had a sweet Revocation shirt, or I would have gotten that as well. High five!Why hello, Borat. I didn't know you lurked about in such circles.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_13cLvSGWGh4/SegF-iQidaI/AAAAAAAACh4/FDq4_hcojiU/s320/highfive_Borat.gif

JuuKun
05-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Nocturnal Rites - Tales of Mystery and Imagination
Nocturnal Rites - Shadowland
Orphaned Land - The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR

daimonos
05-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Brutal Truth - Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses
The Devin Townsend Band - Synchestra

IrritatedTrout
05-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Kiss - Sonic Boom
Led Zeppelin - Coda

TonyD
05-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Kyuss - Demon Cleaner blue single

VERY NICE!

JRA
05-26-2010, 12:43 PM

If anything One Shot At Glory is one of the songs that holds up to repeat listens on Painkiller. Canonical epic speed metal. If there is a weakness on Painkiller, it's Night Crawler, and even that is passable.

Div
05-26-2010, 08:08 PM
http://phones.verizonwireless.com/htc/incredible/

fuck yea!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYjhWkEWJbg

Fires Of Sedition
05-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Why hello, Borat. I didn't know you lurked about in such circles.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_13cLvSGWGh4/SegF-iQidaI/AAAAAAAACh4/FDq4_hcojiU/s320/highfive_Borat.gif

I can sound just like him :cool:

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 07:28 AM
I can sound just like him :cool:

Jagshemash.

ravenheart
05-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Slayer - Undead Live
Slayer - Haunting The Chapel
Wicked Sensation - Exceptional
Blackstar Whiskey - Bootleg Muthertrucker
Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare
Gary Moore - Run For Cover
Gary Moore - Wild Frontier

JRA
05-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Slayer - Haunting The Chapel

:eek: It's about fucking time! Prepare to have your head completely ripped off!

ravenheart
05-30-2010, 04:37 PM
:eek: It's about fucking time!

I've been waiting to get hold of the proper separate versions of that and Undead Live, instead of the combined CD re-issue. Got them from Australia for about £4.20 each :D

b_halperin
05-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Crematorium - The Process of Endtime
Arkaik - Reflections Within Dissonance
Sepsism - Purulent Decomposition
Flotsam & Jetsam - Unnatural Selection
Cattle Decapitation - The Harvest Floor

IrritatedTrout
06-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Alice in Chains/Mastodon ticket for the 9/26 DC show.
Kiss - Crazy Nights

mankvill
06-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Sepsism - Purulent Decomposition

damn bitch :lovedup:

ravenheart
06-02-2010, 01:37 AM
High On Fire - Snakes For The Divine (reduced to £4.99 :D)

Ticket for the Ronnie James Dio Memorial Gala in Helsinki (Tarot playing Dio songs with guest vocalists - fuck yes!)

ravenheart
06-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Steve Morse - Major Impacts Vol. 1
Helloween - Light of The Universe (single)
The Hoax - 2010 A Blues Odyssey (DVD)
Crowbar - Time Heals Nothing
Agent Steel - Omega Conspiracy
24/7/365: A Tribute To Led Zeppelin

treghet
06-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Demilich - Nespithe

Original 1993 version! Got it in the mail today. :party:

makethemsuffer12
06-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Dio T-shirt
Gojira - The Way of All Flesh CD

treghet
06-06-2010, 09:52 PM
This will be the end of my recent internet shopping spree... just bought all these CDs off eBay.

Grave - As Rapture Comes
Gorguts - Considered Dead
Spawn of Possession - Noctambulant
Decapitated - Winds of Creation
Exhumed - Slaughtercult

mankvill
06-06-2010, 09:59 PM
This will be the end of my recent internet shopping spree... just bought all these CDs off eBay.

Grave - As Rapture Comes
Gorguts - Considered Dead
Spawn of Possession - Noctambulant
Exhumed - Slaughtercult

son

i am appoint :agree:

DethMaiden
06-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Clutch trucker hat

To replace the Cincinnati Reds one I had that got bled on at Rob Zombie. :eyes:

mankvill
06-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Rhapsody of Fire - The Frozen Tears Of Angels
Nokturnal Mortum - Голос Сталі

The Rhapsody one is an import. Yesssss.

Derelict
06-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Clutch trucker hat

To replace the Cincinnati Reds one I had that got bled on at Rob Zombie. :eyes:

I dont think there has ever been a more perfect match than Clutch AND trucker hat

TonyD
06-07-2010, 11:50 AM
I thought it was interesting that I saw more hats the only time I saw Clutch than I've ever seen at a show before.

DethMaiden
06-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I thought it was interesting that I saw more hats the only time I saw Clutch than I've ever seen at a show before.

Ha, yeah. Makes sense though...to generalize like crazy, metalheads don't wear hats, but rock n' rollers do. Dunno what it makes me, but I love wearing caps.

evildeadjedi
06-07-2010, 04:59 PM
I dont think there has ever been a more perfect match than Clutch AND trucker hat

So true :lol: I have one trucker and one black flexfit one. However, back in the day I used to sport the flannel shirt as well! :lol:

mankvill
06-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Metallica - Kill 'Em All
High On Fire - Live From The Relapse Contamination Festival
Sigur Ros - ( )

"Sigur Ros and Metallica together at last!"

idrinkwine732
06-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Sigur Ros - ( )

() will blow your fucking mind if you haven't heard it before.

ChildrenofSodom
06-07-2010, 09:41 PM
() will blow your fucking mind if you haven't heard it before.

Agreed. I took band's advice and tried to write down the lyrics as I listened, but my mind was too blown to go more than two songs.

daimonos
06-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Nachtmystium - Addicts: Black Meddle Part II

The store didn't get the new Watain in. :mad:

Natrlhi
06-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Sigur Ros - ( )

You never get to call another person a hipster ever, ever again. Ever.

(I like Sigur Rós, BTW)

Natrlhi
06-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Demilich - Nespithe

Original 1993 version! Got it in the mail today. :party:

These guys might be good if they had some guttural vocals or something.

Natrlhi
06-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Agreed. I took band's advice and tried to write down the lyrics as I listened, but my mind was too blown to go more than two songs.I take it you're being facetious, because it can't be done. Even if you do manage to hear a lyric clearly and you decide that it phonetically sounds like the word "cat", for instance, the proper Icelandic spelling would probably be like "LKJHFLKJHSDLKJSDHLFJK", or something like that. It's like fucking Russian. Shit might as well be Chinese.

BTW, the new Crystal Castles album has a badass track called "Year of Silence", wherein they do a layered sampling of lyrics from the song "Inní Mér Syngur Vitleysingur" from the Sigur Rós album "Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust" (see what the fuck I'm talkin' 'bout?!?)

mankvill
06-09-2010, 11:04 AM
You never get to call another person a hipster ever, ever again. Ever.

(I like Sigur Rós, BTW)

You just mad cuz I'm stylin' on you :cool:

mankvill
06-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Vektor - Black Future
Destroyer 666 - Defiance

idrinkwine732
06-11-2010, 08:27 PM
[QUOTE=mankvill;281172]Vektor - Black Future[QUOTE]

This album is fucking amazing. No exaggeration when I say it's one of the best thrash albums I've ever heard.

mankvill
06-11-2010, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=mankvill;281172]Vektor - Black Future[QUOTE]

This album is fucking amazing. No exaggeration when I say it's one of the best thrash albums I've ever heard.

My grandparents are close friends with the drummer's parents and when they told them that I have a metal blog and stuff, they freaked out and sent me all of their son's info to try and like interview him and get free stuff.

idrinkwine732
06-11-2010, 08:41 PM
I blog too! Can I get free stuff?

But they were supposed to be playing here in a week or two and I was really fucking pumped to see them and they said they can't make it...:(

JRA
06-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Mayhem- Deathcrush

mankvill
06-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Mayhem- Deathcrush

PLAY CARNAGE ON YOUR SHOW

JRA
06-12-2010, 02:12 PM
PLAY CARNAGE ON YOUR SHOW

1) If I ever buy an album the day of my show, there is a 1% chance I will integrate it into my setlist.

2) There is no song called Carnage. :eyes:

IrritatedTrout
06-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Kiss - Hotter Than Hell
Scorpions - Sting In the Tail

DethMaiden
06-14-2010, 02:19 PM
The Man With No Name Trilogy (DVD)

:allan:

Indestructible
06-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Dont Tread on Me:Rise of the republic. DVD

daimonos
06-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Obituary - Slowly We Rot/Cause of Death
Strapping Young Lad - Heavy As a Really Heavy Thing
Nachtmystium - Instinct: Decay

rjturtle9
06-14-2010, 07:31 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=160438626534&Category=57990&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

:drool:
I wish this would come by saturday.

Maiden33
06-14-2010, 07:34 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=160438626534&Category=57990&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

:drool:
I wish this would come by saturday.

DO WANT.

rjturtle9
06-14-2010, 07:35 PM
DO WANT.

The same seller has a sweet Rime of the Ancient mariner one listed too. Great finds IMO

Maiden33
06-14-2010, 07:53 PM
The same seller has a sweet Rime of the Ancient mariner one listed too. Great finds IMO

1) Are they complete fakes/bootlegs?

if so:

2) Have you ever bought one before? (suspicious of the quality)

rjturtle9
06-14-2010, 07:57 PM
1) Are they complete fakes/bootlegs?

if so:

2) Have you ever bought one before? (suspicious of the quality)

I'm pretty sure they are but I don't mind, seeing as it's a fucking Paschendale shirt! I have bought bootleg shirts before, but never on ebay though. Oh well, hopefully it's a good shirt. Most likely will be though.

Maiden33
06-14-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm pretty sure they are but I don't mind, seeing as it's a fucking Paschendale shirt! I have bought bootleg shirts before, but never on ebay though. Oh well, hopefully it's a good shirt. Most likely will be though.

I was talking about buying from that specific buyer, unfortunately the quality varies from person to person. I bought a Savatage bootleg shirt 2 years ago and I am really, really happy with the quality, but I've seen others that look and hold up like garbage, so I'm skeptical.

I'll check back in with you eventually, if the quality is solid I'll probably get one.

rjturtle9
06-14-2010, 08:09 PM
I'll check back in with you eventually, if the quality is solid I'll probably get one.

Yeah use me as the lab mouse will you ;)

TonyD
06-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Usually better than what you find in a concert parking lot.

Maiden33
06-14-2010, 08:18 PM

No doubt - those are embarrassing.

rjturtle9
06-14-2010, 08:53 PM

:bouville: I am guilty of buying some of those before...

TonyD
06-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah I have a couple, they can be dirt cheap but not even worth it at that.

Fires Of Sedition
06-14-2010, 11:09 PM

I got a bootleg Kalmah - They Will Return shirt on eBay. Very disappoint...it's, like, a perfectly square sticker halfway down the shirt. :mad:

Derelict
06-15-2010, 06:37 AM
Eagles single game tix went on sale today - 4 tix to Vikings @ Eagles, day after xmas

powerslave_85
06-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Eagles single game tix went on sale today - 4 tix to Vikings @ Eagles, day after xmas
Maybe you'll get to boo/throw snowballs at Santa Claus!

TonyD
06-15-2010, 10:51 AM

KILL EM
http://babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2007/11/01-07/angry_baby_head.jpg
Go Bears

Derelict
06-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Maybe you'll get to boo/throw snowballs at Santa Claus!

Hey, forty years ago called. We've progressed to booing Gary Bettman and chucking shit at JD Drew.

ravenheart
06-15-2010, 10:58 AM
I got a bootleg Kalmah - They Will Return shirt on eBay. Very disappoint...it's, like, a perfectly square sticker halfway down the shirt. :mad:

It's possible to be disappointed with a bootleg shirt? Unless you thought it was a real one?

powerslave_85
06-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Hey, forty years ago called. We've progressed to booing Gary Bettman and chucking shit at JD Drew.
Don't forget cheering Michael Irvin's spinal injury!

Also, I don't really begrudge them for booing Bettman. That probably would have happened even in Chicago :lol:

TonyD
06-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Also, I don't really begrudge them for booing Bettman. That probably would have happened even in Chicago :lol:

Did somebody say my name?
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2009/10/15/1255616987191/Steve-Bartman-001.jpg

Fires Of Sedition
06-17-2010, 02:57 AM
The Black Dahlia Murder - Deflorate shirt

mastodon421
06-17-2010, 08:34 AM
2010 FIFA World Cup(360)
Nas/Damian Marley-Distant Relatives

@TonyD How do you like the Bears chances this season? I think if Cutler calms down and the wideouts continue to progress then they could have a winning record

idrinkwine732
06-17-2010, 09:51 AM
@TonyD How do you like the Bears chances this season? I think if Cutler calms down and the wideouts continue to progress then they could have a winning record

I know I'm not Tony, but I'd like to respond anyway. So much of that team rides on Cutler right now. The wideouts also have something to prove this year, but I think Knox and Aromashodu are the real deal. Don't know what I think about that defense, but I expect it to improve with Peppers. I think a winning record is possible, but if Cutler's most trusted target is the opposing team's defense, then they're fucked.

DethMaiden
06-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Bengals Super Bowl '11? :D

mankvill
06-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Chiefs Uber Alles

:bawling:

evildeadjedi
06-17-2010, 11:43 AM

Yes, most are horrible but my Unholy Alliance 2006 one I bought has held up amazingly well! Not bad at all for 20 bucks. :D

mastodon421
06-17-2010, 12:11 PM
I know I'm not Tony, but I'd like to respond anyway. So much of that team rides on Cutler right now. The wideouts also have something to prove this year, but I think Knox and Aromashodu are the real deal. Don't know what I think about that defense, but I expect it to improve with Peppers. I think a winning record is possible, but if Cutler's most trusted target is the opposing team's defense, then they're fucked.

Thank you for your input. I have a similar outlook. The only thing that I have to add is the defense has a good front 7 but the secondary is a mess. Peppers does add a lot and if Urlacher comes back healthy the defense should be fine.

Fires Of Sedition
06-18-2010, 12:30 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/maggoTofThepulSe/RTL.jpg

ravenheart
06-18-2010, 04:46 AM
A print of the "Pain" artwork from Ayreon's 'The Human Equation', by Mattias Noren.

http://progart.com/printshop/images/standard/043.jpg

20cm x 30cm, for a total of 14 EUR including shipping from his awesome sale section on his website (he only has 1 or 2 of each print in the sale section). Worth checking out.

www.progart.com

Maiden33
06-18-2010, 01:48 PM
^^^

I should probably buy one of those prints, as Mattias Noren is definitely one of (if not #1) favorite album artists, and he's done work for so many bands I'd love to have framed artwork representing.