PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Latest Purchases' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

ravenheart
07-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Sure sounds that way to me. Oh, excuse me, groove metal :tp:

The album's Solidify, if that one's the most nu-metal sounding.

Groove metal isn't a real genre, and I have never found any of Grip Inc.'s albums (I have all of them) to be nu metal in the slightest.

ravenheart
07-09-2011, 05:00 PM
1) Yep.
2) Not here very often.
3) Not at all. I swear by ours.

1) Huh. I guess if you find second hand shit acceptable... ;)
2) Here either. Because they're lazy fuckers.
3) Thank fuck for that. I'd hate to think our one was the fucking standard for being international recognised like that.

larvtard
07-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Groove metal =/= nu-metal. Would you call late '90's Overkill nu-metal too?

I didn't say that groove metal=nu metal, but groove metal is practically nu metal one step evolved. Or maybe it's the other way around, I'm not sure. Anyways, I don't listen to Overkill so I wouldn't know.

daimonos
07-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Necrophagia - Holocausto De La Morte
Church of Misery - Vol. 1

and a Black Sabbath tattoo on my back :D

DethMaiden
07-09-2011, 08:20 PM
and a Black Sabbath tattoo on my back :D

Pictures, son.

ChildrenofSodom
07-09-2011, 08:33 PM
In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading
Becoming the Archetype - Dichotomy
Becoming the Archetype - Celestial Completion

Should have stuck with Burzum. :bouville:

daimonos
07-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Pictures, son.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/samshroyer/0709112122.jpg

RAZOR
07-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Tyr - The Lay of Thrym
Acid Witch - Stoned

jd091
07-09-2011, 08:54 PM
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/0709112122.jpg/

NO WORKY :(

daimonos
07-09-2011, 08:56 PM
NO WORKY :(

Fixed it ;)

DethMaiden
07-09-2011, 09:27 PM

Oh, that's fucking boss. :bowdown:

zombieflavoredcupcakes
07-09-2011, 09:29 PM
no one talks shit about harry poter!

mankvill
07-09-2011, 09:35 PM
no one talks shit about harry poter!

harry potter, more like harry dumb stupid dumb

Lord of the Rings/Song of Ice and Fire/Wheel of Time fo lyfe

mankvill
07-09-2011, 09:35 PM

you won't get into heaven now!

makethemsuffer12
07-09-2011, 09:37 PM
At The Gates - The Flames of the End DVD

daimonos
07-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Oh, that's fucking boss. :bowdown:

Thank you, sir.

you won't get into heaven now!

:lol: wasn't plannin on it anyways

jd091
07-10-2011, 07:38 AM
harry potter, more like harry dumb stupid dumb

Lord of the Rings/Song of Ice and Fire/Wheel of Time fo lyfe

I'm a huge ASOIAF fanboy, haven't read Wheel of Time yet, and I actually feel iffy about Lord of the Rings.

Here's my beef: the books tell great stories, but they're not good books. From a literary standpoint, they're about as dry as sandpaper to read. J.R.R. Tolkein was not a writer for a living, and it shows in the books. Character development and emotional involvement are shallow at best, and they read more like history textbooks at times.

That being said, the world they preset with deep politics, history, and culture is much more realistic and believable than any series I've ever seen. It's just not "fun" for me to read them, per se.

And childish as they might be, the Harry Potter books are absolutely fantastic to read. It's like literary candy, with memorable and quirky characters and great plots, but lacking the deep historical and cultural depth of LOTR. So they're foils of each other, in a sense. None of it really matter though, since ASOIAF are the greatest books ever, and Game of Thrones is the greatest TV show ever.

DethMaiden
07-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Interesting perspective. My problem with the Harry Potter books is similar to my problem with, like, Stieg Larsson and Dan Brown and Robert Ludlum books. They're page-turners, people can devour 800 page tomes in a single sitting, but that's exactly what's wrong with them and why they're bad books. If you can essentially detachedly skim through a book and miss little to nothing, there's something wrong. There's also no style. It's just communicating a plot in the most reader-friendly way possible. But then, I've started to have that problem with a fuckton of genre fiction in general. Modernists ftw.

Ape
07-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Origin - antithesis and fleshgod apocalypse - mafia ep

jd091
07-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Interesting perspective. My problem with the Harry Potter books is similar to my problem with, like, Stieg Larsson and Dan Brown and Robert Ludlum books. They're page-turners, people can devour 800 page tomes in a single sitting, but that's exactly what's wrong with them and why they're bad books. If you can essentially detachedly skim through a book and miss little to nothing, there's something wrong. There's also no style. It's just communicating a plot in the most reader-friendly way possible. But then, I've started to have that problem with a fuckton of genre fiction in general. Modernists ftw.

And now we enter the age old debate between the 2 types of book readers: people (like you) who love deep, artistic books that make you think, break down, and analyze them, and people (like me) who love fun, interesting books that I can sit down and power through. I've had long, drawn out arguments with my friends who like The Great Gatsby, for example, dice I absolutely abhor it. Though I appreciate deep books with symbolism and everything, if it's not "fun" for me to read, despite the book's literary worth, I might as well do something else that is more fun, like listen to metal.

I guess there are always exceptions, too, since I love the Catcher in the Rye, even though it makes sone people want to kill themselves at how depressing it is.

DethMaiden
07-10-2011, 08:06 AM
I mean, I had a turning point, I wasn't born with a copy of Finnegans Wake in my hands. The first time I read The Sun Also Rises I was a junior in high school and I was like "HERRR NOTHING HAPPENS IN THIS BOOK, IT'S CRAP" then I read it again after I graduated and I've read it a few times since and would call it my favorite novel of all time. It's just shifting tastes as much as anything. I read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo on a couple of flights earlier this year because I loved the movie, and frankly, the movie was enough – the book just read like a movie script. It was all about getting the plot across and throwing you through twists and turns, but I think film does that kind of narrative plotting so much better. I get that it's a translation (I have my own problems with translations, but I'll leave those be for now) but dear God, there wasn't one aesthetically pleasing sentence in the whole damn novel. And really, for me, it's as much about that sort of ars gratia artis quality as it is having something deep to break down and read essays about and understand. I think a lot of what I love in literature flows from Mark Twain and Oscar Wilde, and by the '20s the kind of stuff I like was pretty well-established and people like Joyce, Hemingway, and Faulkner could really run with it.

I still dig some genre fiction – Tolkien, Herbert, and Lovecraft primarily - but for the most part, yeah, I'm a pretentious modernist asshole. ;)

SirLardsAlot
07-10-2011, 08:34 AM
but for the most part, yeah, I'm a pretentious asshole. ;)Ya got that right!

<3

illuminatus917
07-10-2011, 09:53 AM
That being said, the world they preset with deep politics, history, and culture is much more realistic and believable than any series I've ever seen.

Have you read the Silmarillion?

jd091
07-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Have you read the Silmarillion?

Yeah, I have, and what I'm saying is 10 times as prevalent in that book. I actually really, really love that book since it basically filled in everything you need to know about the history of middle earth, but because of that, it is a history textbook, for all intensive purposes.

My favorite book Tolkein wrote is still the Hobbit, since it actually tells a story, simple though it is. And it's entertaining.

larvtard
07-10-2011, 01:08 PM
I love the Catcher in the Rye, even though it makes sone people want to kill themselves at how depressing it is.

I liked the book, but I still don't see how it's considered an essential book. With that being said, after I first came to that conclusion I quickly realized that I'm JUST like Holden :eyes: Except for the part where he's good with the ladies. Besides that, the similarities are uncanny.

jd091
07-10-2011, 01:39 PM
With that being said, after I first came to that conclusion I quickly realized that I'm JUST like Holden :eyes: Except for the part where he's good with the ladies. Besides that, the similarities are uncanny.

Dude! Same! :lol: I was reading that, and sayin' in my head, "holy shit, this is me narrating the story!" And later, talking to friends about it, they were like, "Fuck Holden Caulfield man, that guy is a depressed fuck. I can't believe people are like that," and I was like, "...uh...yeah, sure..." :eyes:

ravenheart
07-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Bigelf - Closer To Doom
Bigelf - Money Machine
Bigelf - Cheat The Gallows
Lethargy - Purification
Pearl - Little White Immaculate Fox

powerslave_85
07-10-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm a huge Tolkien fan, but I'll be the first to admit that his story and characters usually suffer for the sake of linguistics and history. The LOTR trilogy is not the best or most readable story ever, but it's unmatched as an achievement in creating a fictional world.

I don't know how to nail down my reading preferences. I actually don't read a ton of fiction. I love stuff like Catch 22 and A Confederacy of Dunces, but I also love Pride and Prejudice and The Great Gatsby.

illuminatus917
07-10-2011, 04:19 PM
A Separate Peace is probably my favorite work of fiction ever.

As far as trilogies, I like The Illuminatus! Trilogy and the Foundation Trilogy both more than Lord of the Rings.

SomewhereInTime72
07-10-2011, 06:07 PM

I feel this way about a lot of stuff like that. But I don't think it's bad. Literary candy as a metaphor that was used earlier sounds pretty good to me imo. It's definitely temporarily pleasing but I just can't possibly fathom considering candy to be one of my favorite meals ;). Just like with food I usually want something with more substance and flavor to it, but on occasion there's nothing wrong with just having a fun 800 page snack that takes one day to read. ...Pretty funny, it's taken me over a month to get through some books that were half as long as some Harry Potter books... which I consider a good thing.

Ape
07-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Origin - antithesis cd
Fleshgod apocalypse - mafia ep

IrritatedTrout
07-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Motorhead - 1916

ShatteredFlame
07-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Just bought 2 Portishead tickets :party:

daimonos
07-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Destroyer 666 - Unchain the Wolves

for 14 bucks. Score.

hb420
07-11-2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.necroharmonic.com/DesktopModules/CATALooKStore/MakeThumbImage.aspx?fileticket=LLx2ys7bQ0A%3d&PORTALID=0&W=300&H=300

this shirt
:rocker:

illuminatus917
07-11-2011, 09:21 PM
^^ I'm gonna have to give their album a listen.

treghet
07-11-2011, 09:27 PM
this shirt

I hope you get it. :eyes: Last year I ordered a Funebrarum shirt from Necroharmonic and they never mailed it to me. I sent a bunch of emails asking them about it and they just kept making excuses. :tp:

^^ I'm gonna have to give their album a listen.

Good idea. :D

brutal_descent
07-11-2011, 09:34 PM
At Mayhem:

Megadeth tour t-shirt
Bootleg Mayhem Fest t-shirt

illuminatus917
07-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Bootleg Mayhem Fest t-shirt

They're always cooler than the officials.

brutal_descent
07-11-2011, 09:56 PM
They're always cooler than the officials.

They didn't have any shirts with the lineup, and that's what I wanted (cost me $15 as opposed to an $30 official shirt).

illuminatus917
07-11-2011, 10:23 PM
They didn't have any shirts with the lineup, and that's what I wanted (cost me $15 as opposed to an $30 official shirt).

They never do. And I've never understood why, because that's what everyone wants. They either suck at marketing, or there's some copyright law or something that prohibits them from putting the band logos on the back of the shirts.

jd091
07-12-2011, 05:36 AM
Personally, I can't stand those Mayhem Fest shirts. They just look bad; those weird skeleton guys with the top hats look like something trailer trash would wear. :eyes: I'll see a bunch of guys in college with those shirts, and the very next day they're wearing Five Finger Death Punch and Disturbed shirts.

SO BROOTAL

ravenheart
07-12-2011, 05:38 AM
They either suck at marketing, or there's some copyright law or something that prohibits them from putting the band logos on the back of the shirts.

The way to avoid that is just list the bands in some standard font. That's what every other event known to man does.

makethemsuffer12
07-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Personally, I can't stand those Mayhem Fest shirts. They just look bad; those weird skeleton guys with the top hats look like something trailer trash would wear. :eyes: I'll see a bunch of guys in college with those shirts, and the very next day they're wearing Five Finger Death Punch and Disturbed shirts.

SO BROOTAL

Well that's kinda Mayhem's target audience, so there ya go.

They never do. And I've never understood why, because that's what everyone wants. They either suck at marketing, or there's some copyright law or something that prohibits them from putting the band logos on the back of the shirts.

My guess is that it has something to do with having to pay the bands to have their logos on the shirts, which I'm sure is something they don't want to do. :lol:

Oh and Brutal, how were the Megadeth tour shirts?

illuminatus917
07-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Mayhem Festival is a cheap piece of shit.

The way to avoid that is just list the bands in some standard font. That's what every other event known to man does.

Yeah, but didn't Download Festival used to put some band logos on the backs of their shirts?

mankvill
07-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Melt-Banana - Bambi's Dilemma
Shrinebuilder - Shrinebuilder

GarageMetal468
07-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, but didn't Download Festival used to put some band logos on the backs of their shirts?

I believe so. My Maryland Deathfest hoodie has the logos of the headliners and bigger bands on the back, and the lesser known one/early inside bands in normal font at the bottom.

http://www.hellbound.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/maryland-death-fest-ix-promo-poster-pic-2011-abc.jpg

Basically that but all black and white.

I know the Hellfest shirts have the logos of the stage headliners and then every other band in normal font.

mankvill
07-12-2011, 03:24 PM
I really hope RoD has some cool official shirts

brutal_descent
07-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Oh and Brutal, how were the Megadeth tour shirts?

Alright, I guess. If you're hoping that I remembered how they look like, you've got another thing coming, but I bought the only one I thought was any good. The front has Rattlehead in a god-like state standing over a swarm of nude nuclear monsters with the nuclear sign made to look like a face. The back has the logo + Mayhem tour stops (no dates, just cities). Cost me $25 :bouville:

larvtard
07-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Alright, I guess. If you're hoping that I remembered how they look like, you've got another thing coming, but I bought the only one I thought was any good. The front has Rattlehead in a god-like state standing over a swarm of nude nuclear monsters with the nuclear sign made to look like a face. The back has the logo + Mayhem tour stops (no dates, just cities). Cost me $25 :bouville:

that's not a lot of money for a Megadeth shirt man

makethemsuffer12
07-12-2011, 09:31 PM

Only $25? I know what I'm buying, unless I find a Trivium, Machine Head, In Flames, or Unearth tour shirt I like better.

brutal_descent
07-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Only $25? I know what I'm buying, unless I find a Trivium, Machine Head, In Flames, or Unearth tour shirt I like better.

The Machine Head shirts suck, they all say either "MACHINE FUCKING HEAD" or "HEAD BANG MOTHER FUCKER" :tp:

I was lucky to find a $25 Megadeth tee, most of them cost $30.

makethemsuffer12
07-12-2011, 09:59 PM
The Machine Head shirts suck, they all say either "MACHINE FUCKING HEAD" or "HEAD BANG MOTHER FUCKER" :tp:

Normally I would think that's lame, but for MH not so much, considering that's their crowd chant and Flynn always says "HEADBANG MOTHERFUCKER" during "Halo."

ravenheart
07-13-2011, 05:15 AM

This.

BloodoftheKings
07-13-2011, 08:47 AM
When bands put shit like that on their shirts it seems like they're trying way too hard.

mankvill
07-13-2011, 12:50 PM
When bands put shit like that on their shirts it seems like they're trying way too hard.

JESUS WAS A CUNT
PULL THE TRIGGER, BITCH
etc.

brutal_descent
07-13-2011, 12:53 PM
The worst I've seen is:

BLESS THE GOSH DARN MOTHER EFFIN FALL

Stupid Christians, there's nothing in the Bible against swearing! :tongue:
I don't like band shirts with curse words - and it's not because I'm concerned about people in public getting pissy. It's just that I don't want to brand myself like that. It's bad enough that I'm a walking billboard for bands.

powerslave_85
07-13-2011, 01:06 PM
The worst I've seen is:

BLESS THE GOSH DARN MOTHER EFFIN FALL

Stupid Christians, there's nothing in the Bible against swearing! :tongue:
I don't like band shirts with curse words - and it's not because I'm concerned about people in public getting pissy. It's just that I don't want to brand myself like that. It's bad enough that I'm a walking billboard for bands.They did that because they're Christian? Because it would be funny if it was just done as a parody of the really vulgar shirts bands have.

brutal_descent
07-13-2011, 01:09 PM
They did that because they're Christian? Because it would be funny if it was just done as a parody of the really vulgar shirts bands have.

I assume they did it because of that :confused:

jd091
07-13-2011, 01:45 PM
JESUS WAS A CUNT
PULL THE TRIGGER, BITCH
etc.

The worst is this:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1218/5177601322_56d8bd13e2.jpg

The back says, "ARE YOU OFFENDED???" Like Asking Alexandria is the most offensive band since Anal Cunt or something.

I just find that shirt to be plain misogynistic. Fuck anyone who wears it. :boxer: And I saw a LOT of people wear it when I had to sit through them live.

mankvill
07-13-2011, 02:11 PM
The worst is this:

The back says, "ARE YOU OFFENDED???" Like Asking Alexandria is the most offensive band since Anal Cunt or something.

I just find that shirt to be plain misogynistic. Fuck anyone who wears it. :boxer: And I saw a LOT of people wear it when I had to sit through them live.

>slag

god fuck off britain

DethMaiden
07-13-2011, 02:21 PM
http://timanderic.com/items/62/340.png

Just bought this shirt. If you get it, I'll give you a high five.

JRA
07-13-2011, 02:27 PM
If I knew who the guy on the right was I'd take a stab at it.

mastodon421
07-13-2011, 02:32 PM
The worst is this:

Hands down the stupidest shirt I have ever seen. Fuck Asking Alexandria.

illuminatus917
07-13-2011, 04:29 PM
plain misogynistic.

Every brick you see is there because a man put it there.

slapguitarer
07-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Red Fang shirt.

brutal_descent
07-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Red Fang shirt.

I don't think it's you that should be posting that ;)

slapguitarer
07-13-2011, 05:17 PM
I don't think it's you that should be posting that ;)

I guess you're right, but it was bought for me.

brutal_descent
07-13-2011, 05:18 PM
I guess you're right, but it was bought for me.

:hug:

larvtard
07-13-2011, 07:31 PM
:hug:

lol you guys are so cute together

Natrlhi
07-13-2011, 09:35 PM
If I knew who the guy on the right was I'd take a stab at it.It's some geezer named Eric playing Jaws, and t'other one is a bloke name o' Tim playing Wharf. Oops, I mean Worf. P'Kard is gon' be there, too.

DethMaiden
07-13-2011, 09:59 PM
It's some geezer named Eric playing Jaws, and t'other one is a bloke name o' Tim playing Wharf. Oops, I mean Worf. P'Kard is gon' be there, too.

High five forthcoming. :party:

ravenheart
07-14-2011, 02:58 AM
Suicidal Tendencies ticket.

jd091
07-14-2011, 05:29 AM
A Dance with Motherfuckin' Dragons! :lovedup:

larvtard
07-14-2011, 11:20 AM
this Landmine Marathon shirt (http://www.indiemerchstore.com/item/8804/) and this Revocation t-shirt (http://www.indiemerchstore.com/item/12241/)

Also awaiting my Human reissue/t-shirt package. They ran out of shirts for the time being, and they said they could ship the shirt now and the CD later, but I'm a Jew so I'm just gonna wait so I only have to pay one shipping fee :D

ShatteredFlame
07-14-2011, 11:32 AM
APC ticket for my dad. Got it off Stubhub for a total of $55 when it was originally $90(with fees). Show is tomorrow = scalper profit fail :D

jd091
07-14-2011, 11:39 AM
and this Revocation t-shirt (http://www.indiemerchstore.com/item/12241/)

I have that same shirt, but in bright green instead of red! :lovedup:

larvtard
07-14-2011, 11:45 AM

I know. Red is cooler though

masterguy49
07-14-2011, 12:09 PM

You two would make a nice couple.

I can see it now, you two walking down the wedding aisle holding hands, JD wearing a bright green Revocations shirt and Logan wearing a red Revocation shirt.

What a wonderful wedding that would be.

jd091
07-14-2011, 12:11 PM
I know. Red is cooler though

False, neon green trumps all! Red is just too stereotypical. Love the Zombies on it though. Very tight.

You two would make a nice couple.

I can see it now, you two walking down the wedding aisle holding hands, JD wearing a bright green Revocations shirt and Logan wearing a red Revocation shirt.

What a wonderful wedding that would be.

Don't give me any ideas, son

larvtard
07-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Don't give me any ideas, son

:lol: awwwwwwwwwwwww

Natrlhi
07-14-2011, 01:15 PM
High five forthcoming. :party:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MRmtMw9M_MI/TGpgQDcx4aI/AAAAAAAAALo/bv10CT0GViY/s400/highfive_Borat.gif

masterguy49
07-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Just wondering, where do most of you guys get your shirts at?

jd091
07-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Just wondering, where do most of you guys get your shirts at?

Shows. Or indiemerchstore.com.

larvtard
07-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Shows. Or indiemerchstore.com.

This. Don't go to rockabilia.com, BrutalDescent's an idiot. Their shirts are at least 5 bucks more than the competition.

brutal_descent
07-15-2011, 09:30 AM
This. Don't go to rockabilia.com, BrutalDescent's an idiot. Their shirts are at least 5 bucks more than the competition.

I only bought them on Rockabilia because indiemerchstore DIDN'T have them.

larvtard
07-15-2011, 09:43 AM
I only bought them on Rockabilia because indiemerchstore DIDN'T have them.

nobody else had them?

brutal_descent
07-15-2011, 09:47 AM
nobody else had them?

I only know Rockabilia, Indiemerchstore, and HT ,_____,

larvtard
07-15-2011, 09:49 AM
I only know Rockabilia, Indiemerchstore, and HT ,_____,

just search the band you want to get a t-shirt from and something will come up for cheap, probably. Sometimes bands even have their own stores (bigcartel, usually).

jd091
07-15-2011, 10:09 AM
nobody else had them?

Indie Merch Store is getting a huge influx of death metal and the like according to their Facebook: Nile, Suffocation, Death... Which is pretty great, since there really is no other cheap alternative to get them. Sure, you can get those shirts on obscure metal merch sites, like rockabilia, but they're always AT LEAST 20-25$, before shipping. But I think you already know this.

larvtard
07-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Indie Merch Store is getting a huge influx of death metal and the like according to their Facebook: Nile, Suffocation, Death... Which is pretty great, since there really is no other cheap alternative to get them. Sure, you can get those shirts on obscure metal merch sites, like rockabilia, but they're always AT LEAST 20-25$, before shipping. But I think you already know this.

yeah, I saw that status on Facebook. I also saw that you "liked" their comment about Carpathian Forest even though you don't listen to black metal :tp:

DethMaiden
07-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Fight! Fight! Fight!

:eyes:

Deafheaven - Roads to Judah
Katatonia - Night Is the New Day
Bill Bryson - I'm A Stranger Here Myself

jd091
07-15-2011, 02:20 PM
I also saw that you "liked" their comment about Carpathian Forest even though you don't listen to black metal :tp:

Dude, because they had the picture of the fatass bassist from that band! WHAT A MAN :lovedup:

jd091
07-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Just bought/built a new Magic deck from the 2012 cards that were released today! :dorky: :party: Blue-Black, with an emphasis on Vampirism. :cool:

BloodoftheKings
07-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Just bought/built a new Magic deck from the 2012 cards that were released today! :dorky: :party: Blue-Black, with an emphasis on Vampirism. :cool:

I went to the local comic shop with my friend last week and he was buying magic cards and I kinda looked at him weird. He told me a lot of people in college play magic, I guess he was telling the truth

jd091
07-15-2011, 09:46 PM
I went to the local comic shop with my friend last week and he was buying magic cards and I kinda looked at him weird. He told me a lot of people in college play magic, I guess he was telling the truth

Yeah, I dismissed it as really weird and nerdy because those were the types kids who played it in high school. Then a couple months into college, I find out that my drinking buddies all have decks and play regularly! :lol: I love being a closet nerd. It's really fun if you have the right friends to play with.

daimonos
07-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Necrophagia - Harvest Rituals, Vol. 1
Death - Human (original out of print copy)
Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin

IrritatedTrout
07-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Hard copies of:

Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know
Thin Lizzy - Bad Reputation

Trying to fill in the few gaps in my CD collection where I have the mp3s but not the actual CD.

mankvill
07-16-2011, 10:41 PM
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/5388/20110527101732160552.png

Ticket acquired.

treghet
07-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Bought these a couple weeks ago.

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/ffedbffd2bef1e5e83b88d7a480267cd.jpg

DethMaiden
07-17-2011, 09:00 AM
^Nice. That Teitanblood is fucking crazy, and Vader's best song is on that record. (Decapitated Saints, duh.)

treghet
07-17-2011, 09:08 AM
Agreed and mostly agreed. It's hard for me to pick a favorite Vader song, but "Decapitated Saints" is definitely one of the best.

DethMaiden
07-17-2011, 09:10 AM
Agreed and mostly agreed. It's hard for me to pick a favorite Vader song, but "Decapitated Saints" is definitely one of the best.

Actually, I might prefer This Is the War. Fucking hell, that song/EP slays. Either way really solid series of purchases, mang. ;)

JRA
07-17-2011, 10:17 AM

That's a pretty sweet haul. I'd say the best from that bunch is probably Blood Fire Death.

IrritatedTrout
07-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Kiss - Alive III
Anthrax - Live: The Island Years

makethemsuffer12
07-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Devin Townsend shirt. It's a spoof of Bodom, so it's probably exclusive to this current tour. There's a picture in the thread for the NYC show.

ravenheart
07-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Voodoo Vegas - Live

ravenheart
07-17-2011, 04:53 PM
That's a pretty sweet haul. I'd say the best from that bunch is probably Blood Fire Death.

Under The Influence by a mile.

El Gordo
07-17-2011, 05:36 PM

:party:

JRA
07-17-2011, 07:04 PM

Fuck no. That was their weakest album they had up to that point. Yea there were some classic songs like Hello From The Gutter and Drunken Wisdom, but the rest of the album had a very tired, uninspired feel to it. It's very much a transitional album. A transition which was fully realized on The Years of Decay. I may have my issues with that album, but it's a shit load more inspired than UTI.

hb420
07-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Murder the Mountains on vinyl. :drool: got it signed by the entire band yesterday. They were the best band on the second stage. Yet no one gave a shit about them here. :bouville:

jd091
07-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Yet no one gave a shit about them here. :bouville:

And you are surprised why?

hb420
07-17-2011, 07:16 PM
And you are surprised why?

I wasn't expecting that severe of a reaction towards them. It was a sold out crowd so like 15,000 the Pavillion seats. MAYBE forty people watched Red Fang and a good third left after like two songs.

illuminatus917
07-17-2011, 07:30 PM

Awesome haul right there.

Seven Chalices was a top-5 album in 2009.

slapguitarer
07-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Murder the Mountains on vinyl. :drool: got it signed by the entire band yesterday. They were the best band on the second stage. Yet no one gave a shit about them here. :bouville:

They got a pretty good crowd response in Mountain View. They were probably my favorite band of the day :eyes:

IrritatedTrout
07-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak

I need to stop browsing Ebay.:eyes:

ravenheart
07-18-2011, 02:35 AM
Fuck no. That was their weakest album they had up to that point. Yea there were some classic songs like Hello From The Gutter and Drunken Wisdom, but the rest of the album had a very tired, uninspired feel to it. It's very much a transitional album. A transition which was fully realized on The Years of Decay. I may have my issues with that album, but it's a shit load more inspired than UTI.

Not saying it's the best Overkill album, but it's the best of the albums in that picture.

brutal_descent
07-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Ticket to Summer Slaughter 07/29.

masterguy49
07-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Im going to finally start my metal jacket and I'm not sure what to put for my back patch. I was thinking a Ride The Lightning Backpatch or the Slayer Hell Awaits Backpatch
What do you guys think? If not those 2, any other suggestions?
I suck at decision making :snivel:

AnataFan4Life
07-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Tickets to AAL's headlining tour. Also got the remaster of Death's Symbolic and also a copy of God Dethroned's swansong Under the Sign of the Iron Cross.

mankvill
07-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Im going to finally start my metal jacket and I'm not sure what to put for my back patch. I was thinking a Ride The Lightning Backpatch or the Slayer Hell Awaits Backpatch

Whatever your favorite is!

masterguy49
07-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Whatever your favorite is!
I love both, but I think I'm gonna go with the Ride the Lightning back patch, since the album means a lot more to me than Hell Awaits. I still like Slayer more than Metallica though :tongue:

RAZOR
07-18-2011, 05:47 PM

Get both! You can always take one off and put the other on at any time.

masterguy49
07-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Get both! You can always take one off and put the other on at any time.

..... This is why your the best :D

I'll get Ride the Lightning first, then a few other patches to decorate the front and back more, then ill focus on the extra backpatches.

RAZOR
07-18-2011, 05:53 PM
..... This is why your the best :D

I'll get Ride the Lightning first, then a few other patches to decorate the front and back more, then ill focus on the extra backpatches.

Hah! Aww, I try. :cool:

and hooray, decision made!

jd091
07-18-2011, 06:06 PM

If I ever got a back patch, it would be this without question:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llmv2r6dv71qzvl1jo2_500.jpg

mankvill
07-18-2011, 06:08 PM

fapfapfap

I'm still deciding on patches/backpatches.

I think I might do an upper backpatch that's just a logo (maybe Vlad Tepes or Windir), a larger main back patch and then a ton of smaller ones.

masterguy49
07-18-2011, 06:23 PM

O.O If I can find that. I found a Morbid Angel and I think im gonna go with that :tongue:

jd091
07-18-2011, 06:42 PM
O.O If I can find that. I found a Morbid Angel and I think im gonna go with that :tongue:

Converge was selling it exclusively as tour merch in May. I don't know if it will ever be available online or not.

masterguy49
07-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Converge was selling it exclusively as tour merch in May. I don't know if it will ever be available online or not.

Naw no luck. I guess I'll stick with the Morbid Angel till I can find that backpatch.

RAZOR
07-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Naw no luck. I guess I'll stick with the Morbid Angel till I can find that backpatch.

Honestly, I could probably make that Converge one. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/39.gif

mankvill
07-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Honestly, I could probably make that Converge one. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/39.gif

T_T you've never offered to make me patches

RAZOR
07-18-2011, 07:23 PM
T_T you've never offered to make me patches

I don't know what the ones you want look like. o;

masterguy49
07-18-2011, 07:39 PM
:lovedup:
If you could, I'll love you forever.

RAZOR
07-18-2011, 07:49 PM
:lovedup:
If you could, I'll love you forever.

:D I just need to go buy better fabric, but yeah. I can. :party:

masterguy49
07-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Alright, how much does you want for it, not including the shipping and stuff.

RAZOR
07-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Alright, how much does you want for it, not including the shipping and stuff.

Well actually I think it's illegal to accept money for it. :lol: I'll send you a message on Facebook. :tongue:

masterguy49
07-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Well actually I think it's illegal to accept money for it. :lol: I'll send you a message on Facebook. :tongue:

:lol: alright :P

jd091
07-18-2011, 08:21 PM

Masterguy, my boy, do you know how to read what a woman says versus what she really means? It's important.

masterguy49
07-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Masterguy, my boy, do you know how to read what a woman says versus what she really means? It's important.
Whatchu implyin' boy

RAZOR
07-18-2011, 08:32 PM

You're not supposed to read that far into things. :nonono:

masterguy49
07-18-2011, 09:16 PM

See JD, I know more about women than you!
You should start learning from me!

illuminatus917
07-18-2011, 10:28 PM

This differs from woman to woman, actually...

ravenheart
07-19-2011, 02:32 AM

Make like embroider, or make like fabric paint?

RAZOR
07-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Make like embroider, or make like fabric paint?

I can do both, just embroidering would take a loooot longer.

BloodoftheKings
07-19-2011, 12:40 PM
The Clash - From Here To Eternity (Live)

ravenheart
07-19-2011, 01:24 PM
I can do both, just embroidering would take a loooot longer.

But look so much cooler ;)

IrritatedTrout
07-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Slayer - Divine Intervention

treghet
07-20-2011, 03:34 PM
But look so much cooler ;)

Seconded.

illuminatus917
07-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Really, really, really want this:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/82/screenshot20110721at120.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/screenshot20110721at120.png/)

Just don't know if I'm willing to shell out $195 for it.

idrinkwine732
07-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Really, really, really want this:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/82/screenshot20110721at120.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/screenshot20110721at120.png/)

Just don't know if I'm willing to shell out $195 for it.

What is its significance?

jd091
07-20-2011, 10:36 PM

It's a fun spinny toy.

illuminatus917
07-20-2011, 10:41 PM

Well it's an original Crams Universal Terrestrial Globe from 1950.

I collect maps and globes and such. And I don't have one from this time period.

I think I'm going to buy it.

idrinkwine732
07-20-2011, 10:46 PM

Oh that's super cool. I've always been into really outdated maps.

Ever since I was a little kid, I'd go over to my grandfather's house and I'd look at his map of the world from like, 1947, and he'd tell me stories about the countries that are different. How they changed, etc. He was a cool dude.

I should find out what happened to that map, now that I think about it.

illuminatus917
07-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Oh that's super cool. I've always been into really outdated maps.

Ever since I was a little kid, I'd go over to my grandfather's house and I'd look at his map of the world from like, 1947, and he'd tell me stories about the countries that are different. How they changed, etc. He was a cool dude.

I should find out what happened to that map, now that I think about it.

I'd rather have this one:
http://www.omniterrum.com/pages/Crams12%2050s%20brt.htm
...but it's sold out. :(

Yeah, it's amazing what's changed. The best maps are from the WWI and WWII years, or earlier (during the height of conquering and colonialism), so you get a picture of what the territories used to look like and what not. It's just a really expensive hobby.

jd091
07-20-2011, 10:59 PM
I'd rather have this one:
http://www.omniterrum.com/pages/Crams12%2050s%20brt.htm
...but it's sold out. :(

Yeah, it's amazing what's changed. The best maps are from the WWI and WWII years, or earlier (during the height of conquering and colonialism), so you get a picture of what the territories used to look like and what not. It's just a really expensive hobby.

I had no idea people were into that! That's really cool, all the power too ya. :fist:

illuminatus917
07-20-2011, 11:23 PM
his map of the world from like, 1947

That means there would be no Israel. Only Palestine.

How awesome.

And Pakistan became independent from Britain in 1947, so I wonder if that's on there.

idrinkwine732
07-20-2011, 11:30 PM
That means there would be no Israel. Only Palestine.

How awesome.

And Pakistan became independent from Britain in 1947, so I wonder if that's on there.

Palestine, Eastern and Western Germany, USSR, a few different things in Asia. I can't remember them all. It was really fascinating to me.

mankvill
07-20-2011, 11:47 PM

That's really fucking cool! :fist:

JRA
07-21-2011, 07:25 AM
Obituary- Cause of Death

powerslave_85
07-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Sunn O))) & Boris- Altar (green vinyl)

Brand new and sealed for $40. Considering I usually see it going for $60+, this was a steal.

Natrlhi
07-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Ticket for Flogging Molly / Clutch next week...for twenty bones. All the other suckers out there are paying forty. :cool:

Thanks, Groupon! :fist:

daimonos
07-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Decapitated - Carnival is Forever
Lock Up - Necropolis Transparent

larvtard
07-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Borders is closing their stores nationwide, and today was the last day to use gift cards, because they begin liquidating tomorrow. Picked these up in the bargain section:

The Best American Travel Writing (2004)
Hunting Eichmann
1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus

illninoese
07-23-2011, 01:26 AM
The Kovenant - SETI
Giant Squid - Metridium Fields
Melechesh - Sphynx
Fear Factory - Live on the Sunset Strip
Old Man's Child - Revelation 666: The Curse of Damnation
Darkane - Layers of Lies :rocker:
Kataklysm - Epic (The Poetry of War)
Immolation - Here In After
Diabolical Masquerade - Death's Design
Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant (Deluxe Edition)
Hypocrisy - Osculum Obscenum :rocker:
Amorphis - Chapters
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty :rocker:
Nine Inch Nails - Broken

treghet
07-23-2011, 01:56 AM
Melechesh - Sphynx
Immolation - Here In After
Hypocrisy - Osculum Obscenum :rocker:
Nine Inch Nails - Broken

Nice.

Here are my purchases this week! :D All original releases.

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/d0649885403a01ee795bd4ba82420b3f.jpg

mastodon421
07-23-2011, 12:27 PM
At Mayhem Fest yesterday:
All Shall Perish shirt (Macho Man Randy Savage on a crucifix on the front and it says "Macho Man Died For Our Sins" on the back)
Unearth shirt(tour shirt)

OraclesofAgony
07-23-2011, 12:30 PM
At Summer Slaughter:

Fleshgod Apocalypse Agony shirt (Signed by the band, Not wearing this one)
Fleshgod Apocalypse Agony tour shirt
Fleshgod Apocalypse - Agony

Also ordered a Fleshgod Apocalypse Oracles shirt online since they didn't have shirts with their old logo on tour.

masterguy49
07-23-2011, 03:58 PM
At Summer Slaughter:

Fleshgod Apocalypse Agony shirt (Signed by the band, Not wearing this one)
Fleshgod Apocalypse Agony tour shirt

Also ordered a Fleshgod Apocalypse Oracles shirt online since they didn't have shirts with their old logo on tour.

Review/set plz

OraclesofAgony
07-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Review/set plz

I posted sets, didn't feel like writing a proper review at the moment though. Maybe later.

ravenheart
07-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Masterstroke - As Days Grow Darker
Lordi - Babez For Breakfast
Ted Nugent - Motor City Mayhem

ShatteredFlame
07-23-2011, 05:13 PM
All Shall Perish shirt (Macho Man Randy Savage on a crucifix on the front and it says "Macho Man Died For Our Sins" on the back)

I love this band solely for their merch :lol:

JRA
07-23-2011, 05:43 PM
God of War for PS2.

Hey, I'm only what, 6 years late?

illninoese
07-23-2011, 09:17 PM
God of War for PS2.

Hey, I'm only what, 6 years late?

It don't matter! That game is classic. Enjoy it.

All Shall Perish - Hate.Malice.Revenge
At The Drive-In - El Gran Orgo
At The Drive-In - Acrobatic Tenement
Cephalic Carnage - Halls of Amenti :rocker: (So stoked I found this)

daimonos
07-25-2011, 10:11 AM
just got the jean vest I ordered in the mail. About to make a patch vest! Just need some patches. I've been trying to find a Black Sabbath back patch but I haven't had any luck yet.

daimonos
07-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Clutch - Impetus
Nunslaughter - Goat
and some rockin' ass cymbals from Guitar Center

hb420
07-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Dark Castle - Spirited Migration Vinyl
Boris - Heavy Rocks 2011 Vinyl

ravenheart
07-26-2011, 03:02 AM
Van Halen - For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge

Natrlhi
07-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Nice.

Here are my purchases this week! :D All original releases.

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/d0649885403a01ee795bd4ba82420b3f.jpgTOP ROW AWESOME
bottom row not so much

;)

ravenheart
07-26-2011, 06:50 AM
TOP ROW AWESOME
bottom row not so much

;)

Alzheimer's kicking in a bit early, old man?

Natrlhi
07-26-2011, 07:19 AM
Alzheimer's kicking in a bit early, old man?:lol: Not atall. Never liked Megadeth that much - it's been well-documented on here.

Overkill? Eh, they were OK. But that particular album deserves condemnation just by virtue of the cover art alone. :D

BloodoftheKings
07-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Wu Tang - Legendary Weapons

ShatteredFlame
07-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Wu Tang - Legendary Weapons

how do you like it? It leaked like a month ago, I listened to it a bunch but I honestly don't like it. I have yet to see negative criticism against it either. It's ok but overall really nothing memorable for me, just not enough original members.

BloodoftheKings
07-26-2011, 03:57 PM
how do you like it? It leaked like a month ago, I listened to it a bunch but I honestly don't like it. I have yet to see negative criticism against it either. It's ok but overall really nothing memorable for me, just not enough original members.

It's pretty good, I got it at best buy for $8 so i'm pretty satisfied. The standout tracks for me are the ones Ghostface raps on. And about the original members they're not really calling it a new Wu Tang Clan album. It's just a few members with RZA producing.

makethemsuffer12
07-26-2011, 06:45 PM
All Shall Perish - This is Where it Ends

BloodoftheKings
07-26-2011, 06:48 PM
All Shall Perish - This is Where it Ends

Where? I was at Best Buy today and I thought that if they had it I would probably buy it.

larvtard
07-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Where? I was at Best Buy today and I thought that if they had it I would probably buy it.

:nonono:

IrritatedTrout
07-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Thin Lizzy - Johnny The Fox
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
Alice in Chains - Sap

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire for N64

makethemsuffer12
07-26-2011, 08:09 PM

Looney Tunes, brah. I got it because it came with a free shirt, which of course is two sizes too big for me. :mad: Oh well, I ripped the sleeves off and I'm gonna wear it to Mayhem tomorrow and probably never wear it again. :lol:

BloodoftheKings
07-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Looney Tunes, brah.

If I could drive i'd be there all the time.

ShatteredFlame
07-27-2011, 06:39 AM
If I could drive i'd be there all the time.

Yeah i went there nonstop the first week I got my license :lol: Good thing I rarely go now or else I'd be broke.

BloodoftheKings
07-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Yeah i went there nonstop the first week I got my license :lol: Good thing I rarely go now or else I'd be broke.

Aside from spending tons of money on records it would probably use a lot of gas to get down there, from where I live it takes about 25 minutes to get there.

masterguy49
07-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Aside from spending tons of money on records it would probably use a lot of gas to get down there, from where I live it takes about 25 minutes to get there.
That's not too bad. All my friends live about 25 minutes away from me, hell my school is 25 minutes away from me(and there is no bus).

ravenheart
07-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Helloween - Pink Bubbles Go Ape
Grave Digger - Ballad of Mary
Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion
Porcupine Tree - The Incident

treghet
07-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Porcupine Tree - The Incident

Why? :eyes:

jhdeity
07-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Picked up Jasta today. Been jamming Kingdom of Sorrow and am liking this better so far

ravenheart
07-27-2011, 03:19 PM

Because I don't have it and haven't heard it.

jd091
07-27-2011, 05:19 PM

That's a great album, man!

daimonos
07-27-2011, 06:10 PM
I Am Ozzy autobiography

treghet
07-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Because I don't have it and haven't heard it.

I was incredibly disappointed by it.

That's a great album, man!

Go listen to Stupid Dream. THAT'S a great album. :cool:

brutal_descent
07-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Played on a $400 ESP guitar at local Guitar Center today. :lovedup:

Sold two guitars recently, might get this one.

slapguitarer
07-27-2011, 08:31 PM
I've always wanted to go to Guitar Center. Haven't gotten around to it :bouville:

brutal_descent
07-27-2011, 09:08 PM
I've always wanted to go to Guitar Center. Haven't gotten around to it :bouville:

Want to go on the 6th? Way before YOB, I mean.

NecroRob
07-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Dying Fetus "Your Treachery Will Die With You" shirt

slapguitarer
07-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Want to go on the 6th? Way before YOB, I mean.

Hmmmmmmmmm. Depends on my dad's plans.

ravenheart
07-28-2011, 03:04 AM
Hell - Human Remains
Yngwie Malmsteen - Odyssey
King's X - Live Love In London (2CD)
Chrome Division - 3rd Round Knock-Out
Castle - In Witch Order
Karma To Burn - V
Tankard - Vol(l)ume 14 (CD+DVD)
Stratovarius - Elysium

Solstice/Slough Feg ticket.

jd091
07-28-2011, 06:13 AM

I go there sometimes and jam on the 7 strings like I'm in some djent band :dorky:

JRA
07-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Burzum- Det Som Engang Var

Finally have my physical copy.

BloodoftheKings
07-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Got new kicks
http://www.shoebuy.com/pi/skech/skech132821_70761_jb.jpg

RAZOR
07-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Motorhead and Clutch t-shirts.

Buy one get one 50% off deal when they're already on sale, fuck yeah. :party:

illninoese
07-30-2011, 11:08 PM
Tankard - Vol(l)ume 14 (CD+DVD)

Agalloch - The Demonstration Archive: 1996-1998 (FUCKKKKKKK YESSSSS)
Periphery - Icarus EP
Mors Principium Est - Liberation = Termination
Sepultura - Refuse/Resist :rocker:
Nine Inch Nails - Closer To God
Megadeth - Youthanasia
Death By Stereo - Day of the Death
Hypocrisy - Hypocrisy :rocker:
The Crown - Crowned In Terror :rocker:
Hypocrisy - Abducted
Witchery - Restless & Dead
Kataklysm - Temple of Knowledge (Kataklysm III)
Insomnium - In The Halls of Awaiting
Susperia - Predominance
Sinergy - To Hell and Back
Aborted - Engineering The Dead
Extol - Burial
Extol - Undeceived
One Man Army and The Undead Quartet - Error In Evolution
Municipal Waste - The Art of Partying
Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
Death By Stereo - If Looks Could Kill, I'd Watch You Die
Hirax - El Diablo Negro :rocker:
Cobalt - Eater Of Birds :rocker:

jd091
07-31-2011, 07:42 AM
You bought all that? Like, with real monies? :eek:

illninoese
07-31-2011, 09:45 AM
Yep, all for under 90$. Not bad at all

jd091
07-31-2011, 09:47 AM
Yep, all for under 90$. Not bad at all

The Demonstration Archive is sick. That's a nice find!

treghet
07-31-2011, 12:25 PM
Death Angel - Act III

Original version and it was only $5 with free shipping. :cool:

ravenheart
08-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Just ordered Where Angels Suffer and L.A. Guns tickets and discovered they're e-tickets. I hate that.

Won't be making that mistake again. No more custom from me, Music Glue.

illninoese
08-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Rodrigo y Gabriela - Rodrigo y Gabriela
Daft Punk - Discovery
Amon Amarth - Fate of Norns
Katatonia - Tonight's Decision
Diabolical Masquerade - Nightwork
X-Ecutioners - Built From Scratch
Paul van Dyk - Out There and Back
Enslaved - Mardraum
Satyricon - The Shadowthrone

brutal_descent
08-02-2011, 12:27 AM
ESP LTD MH-350LT

:shred: :shred: :shred:

llama lom
08-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Immolation - Majesty and Decay

mankvill
08-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Immolation - Majesty and Decay

*headpat*

good boy

mankvill
08-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Just ordered Where Angels Suffer and L.A. Guns tickets and discovered they're e-tickets. I hate that.

Won't be making that mistake again. No more custom from me, Music Glue.

L.A. Guns is playing a really tiny bar/restaurant here in a few weeks. Is it the real one or what?

llama lom
08-02-2011, 09:00 PM
*headpat*

good boy

It was the only Immolation CD in the store. I didn't have much of a choice lol

brutal_descent
08-02-2011, 09:32 PM
ESP LTD MH-350LT

:shred: :shred: :shred:

Fucking great buy. Been jamming Bloodbath, Opeth, All Shall Perish, Electric Wizard and Black Sabbath all day on my neighbour's Fender Mustang amp. Kind of jelly my Mustang doesn't have this many digital effects.

mankvill
08-02-2011, 09:34 PM
It was the only Immolation CD in the store. I didn't have much of a choice lol

It's great. Do you have anything else from them? They're definitely one of my favorite death metal bands.

llama lom
08-02-2011, 09:38 PM
It's great. Do you have anything else from them? They're definitely one of my favorite death metal bands.

No actually, this will be my first thorough listen of them.

ravenheart
08-03-2011, 02:47 AM
L.A. Guns is playing a really tiny bar/restaurant here in a few weeks. Is it the real one or what?

My show is the real one. But Tracii keeps marketing his one as just "L.A. Guns" without specifying which one it is, so be careful.

Check www.laguns.net. If the date isn't on there, then it's probably Tracii and Jizzy.

Natrlhi
08-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Motorhead and Clutch t-shirts.

Buy one get one 50% off deal when they're already on sale, fuck yeah. :party:Um, where?

illuminatus917
08-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Street Without Joy - Indochina at War (1961 edition) by Bernard Fall
The Two Vietnams (1963 edition) by Bernard Fall
Viet-Nam Witness, 1953-66 (1966 edition) by Bernard Fall
Hell in a Very Small Place: The Siege of Dien Bien Phu (1966 edition) by Bernard Fall
Last Reflections on a War (1967 edition) by Bernard Fall
Anatomy of a Crisis: The Laotian Crisis of 1960-1961 (1969 edition) by Bernard Fall
America's Rise to World Power (1958 edition) by Foster Rhea Dulles
PAVN: Peoples Army of Vietnam (1986 edition) by Douglas Pike
War, Peace, and the Viet Cong (1969 edition) by Douglas Pike

treghet
08-03-2011, 08:38 PM
No actually, this will be my first thorough listen of them.

If you like it, definitely check out the two before it, Shadows in the Light and Harnessing Ruin. :rocker:

evildeadjedi
08-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Um, where?

this X100

ravenheart
08-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Buy one get one half price and you guys are getting excited? Are t-shirts rare in the US or something?

Natrlhi
08-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Buy one get one half price and you guys are getting excited? Are t-shirts rare in the US or something?Buy one get one half price is essentially the same as 25% off, and when it applies to a Clutch t-shirt, of which I own zero at the moment but would like to buy one, then it's of enough interest for me to simply ask where, yes. I wouldn't say I was excited, exactly, but interested. Is that OK with you, sir? ;)

(I can't speak for Jedi. Clearly he's excited. Maybe he's just really susceptible to marketing, or maybe he just loves Clutch that much. Probably a little of both. ;))

ravenheart
08-04-2011, 08:01 AM
I got a Clutch shirt a few weeks ago from their online store for about $6 plus shipping... Jus' sayin'.

Anyway, just got:

Martin Popoff's 'A Castle Full of Rascals' book (history of Deep Purple, second half - not published in Europe), with a special offer as a previous customer to raid his promo singles collection up to $22... snagged mint condition promos of:

Days of the New - Touch, Peel And Stand
Days of The New - The Weapon And The Wound
White Zombie - More Human Than Human.

$37 delivered. Fucking win.

evildeadjedi
08-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Buy one get one half price is essentially the same as 25% off, and when it applies to a Clutch t-shirt, of which I own zero at the moment but would like to buy one, then it's of enough interest for me to simply ask where, yes. I wouldn't say I was excited, exactly, but interested. Is that OK with you, sir? ;)

(I can't speak for Jedi. Clearly he's excited. Maybe he's just really susceptible to marketing, or maybe he just loves Clutch that much. Probably a little of both. ;))

More along the love of Clutch lines. However, I also don't have any Motorhead shirts and maybe they are selling some Clutch ones I don't own. :D

jd091
08-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Just preordered Skyrim on Steam today! :rocker: $60. Damn, these game companies are running up our PC prices for no reason.

BloodoftheKings
08-04-2011, 12:47 PM
All Shall Perish - This Is Where It Ends (Deluxe edition)

Probably should have previewed it more before buying it but i'm sure it's good anyway.

ravenheart
08-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Solstice shirt.

jd091
08-04-2011, 03:58 PM
All Shall Perish - This Is Where It Ends (Deluxe edition)

Probably should have previewed it more before buying it but i'm sure it's good anyway.

If you like their older stuff, you'll absolutely eat this one up.

brutal_descent
08-04-2011, 04:01 PM
If you like their older stuff, you'll absolutely eat this one up.

omnomnomnomnom

brutal_descent
08-05-2011, 02:02 AM
Exhumed t-shirt for $15

mankvill
08-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Here's all my vinyl. Please take notice of the bottom right record, which I procured today. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/mankvill/Vinyl004.jpg?t=1312581886

TonyD
08-05-2011, 03:22 PM
lol u wood

JRA
08-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Triptykon- Eparistera Daimones

IrritatedTrout
08-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Jethro Tull -The Broadsword and the Beast

mastodon421
08-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Between The Buried and Me/Dillinger Ticket

illninoese
08-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Triptykon- Eparistera Daimones

How is this? I almost picked it up yesterday but opted for Xerath's II instead.

Xerath - II
Nine Inch Nails - The Slip (Limited Edition)
Opiate For The Masses - Goodbye
Grindhouse poster

ravenheart
08-06-2011, 10:41 AM

Superb. Surprised people have taken this long to get into it!

adamclark52
08-06-2011, 10:42 AM

Xerath - II
Nine Inch Nails - The Slip (Limited Edition)
Opiate For The Masses - Goodbye
Grindhouse poster

Probably the best album I heard in 2010. So heavy.

I just picked up the new Sepultura and Unearth. The new Sep' is okay, about as good as anything else from the Derrick Greene era (I honestly don't know why I keep buying their albums) and the Unearth is actually really good. Every song sorta sounds the same but the same could be said about Cannibal Corpse and Pig Destroyer.:eyes:

JRA
08-06-2011, 07:40 PM
How is this?

It's...ok. They should have mixed the tempo up a little bit.

Entombed- Left Hand Path

mankvill
08-06-2011, 07:46 PM
It's...ok. They should have mixed the tempo up a little bit.

Entombed- Left Hand Path

- A-;;; baka gaijin

I bet you hated Monotheist too!