PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Latest Purchases' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Derelict
11-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Nice

Gonna drop more money than I'd like on Giants stuff. Definitely want a World Series ball.

Uh, yeah...i think i ended up with 3 shirts, a hoodie, and a hat when the phils won in 2008...ENJOY IT.

TonyD
11-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Uh, yeah...i think i ended up with 3 shirts, a hoodie, and a hat when the phils won in 2008...ENJOY IT.

You know I fucking will

Derelict
11-01-2010, 08:43 PM
You know I fucking will

you know, i'm not worried

:realchug:

treghet
11-01-2010, 09:00 PM
So I got my Darkthrone shirt in the mail today and I was surprised to find Samael's Above (CD) in the package as well! Woo freebies :party:

BloodoftheKings
11-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Beastie Boys- Licensed To Ill :cool:

ravenheart
11-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Yngwie Malmsteen - Perpetual Flame
Metalium - Incubus: Chapter 7
Fu Manchu - Signs of Infinite Power
Marcus Bonfanti - Hard Times

xStructualDefect
11-03-2010, 09:45 AM
shirts from As I Lay Dying, Four Year Strong, Glassjaw, and As Blood Runs Black.

Fires Of Sedition
11-04-2010, 01:22 AM
Children Of Bodom shirt
Black Label Society shirt

ravenheart
11-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Jon Oliva's Pain - Global Warning
Circle II Circle - Delusions of Grandeur
Accept - Balls To The Wall
Shakra - Infected
Inmoria - Invisible Wounds

idrinkwine732
11-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Fear the Beard shirt.

JuuKun
11-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Inmoria - Invisible Wounds

This was one of my favorite albums last year. It might just be because I'm a huge fan of Charles Rytkonen's vocals, but I thought this was excellent.

ravenheart
11-05-2010, 03:22 AM
This was one of my favorite albums last year. It might just be because I'm a huge fan of Charles Rytkonen's vocals, but I thought this was excellent.

So did I. It's taken this long to get it for a decent price here. But £3.99 = win ;)

ChildrenofSodom
11-05-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm trying some hippy weight loss techniques.

I bought two sample packs of Shakeology (which is a nutrient rich meal-replacement shake), a yoga Block, bunch of whey protein & slimfast & peanut butter for morning shakes, Green Tea Supplement, Cayenne Supplements, 72 Hour Diet pills (its an extreme diuretic....can lose 5-12 lbs in three days. I'm not going to use it unless I get 3 days away from Christmas and I haven't hit my 100 lbs weight loss goal. The trick up my sleeve.)

I also take a multivitamin and Super Complex B w/ Vitamin C. I'm going to try the Green Tea twice every other day (may just start drinking tea, if I can find some I like.) Then I'm going to move to a normal routine of multivitamin and Complex B alternating each day, with the cayenne every day for a week or two, then off for two weeks, then back on. Keep my metabolism on its toes.

mastodon421
11-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Toshiba Laptop

DethMaiden
11-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Death - Symbolic
Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Cynic - Re-Traced
Atheist - Jupiter

Wizzbang11
11-07-2010, 02:34 PM
I have nothing to do today, so I bought a ticket to the 'webcast' of the GWAR show on halloween. I'm going to be stealing the audio.

Fires Of Sedition
11-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Fleshgod Apocalypse shirt
The Faceless shirt
Ozzy ticket

ravenheart
11-08-2010, 06:55 AM
Pre-ordered the December issue of Rock Hard Magazine with exclusive Kreator live at Rock Hard Festival 2010 Part 1 CD.

IrritatedTrout
11-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Preordered Dio At Donington on Amazon because I'm pretty sure I'll have a hard time finding it in a store anywhere.

ravenheart
11-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Preordered Dio At Donington on Amazon because I'm pretty sure I'll have a hard time finding it in a store anywhere.

I have three of those... :eyes: :finger:

Maiden33
11-08-2010, 09:17 AM
This fucking awesome Firewind shirt:
Front:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs472.ash2/74578_1686425237553_1145330772_1925161_952216_n.jp g
Back:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs983.snc4/75630_1686424477534_1145330772_1925159_1808942_n.j pg

2XL, only $15(!!!)

Natrlhi
11-08-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm trying some hippy weight loss techniques.

...a yoga Block...bunch of whey protein & slimfast & peanut butter for morning shakes...Green Tea Supplement...multivitamin...Super Complex B w/ Vitamin C...(may just start drinking tea, if I can find some I like.)These are all good ideas, but watch the SlimFast. That shit has a ton of carbs in it. It's not a super-bad idea if you're planning to work out like a motherfucker right after you drink it, but otherwise it's just extra carbs you don't need that may turn to fat if you take it later in the day or without any significant amount of physical activity planned immediately following. I take a multivitamin and Super B complex every day, regardless of whether I'm training heavily or not. Green tea (supplements or drink - both are good) when I'm training, along with the whey protein, peanut butter and such not only for building muscle, but it also helps keep you from getting sore after workouts (in other words, easily digestable protein is great recovery food).

...and of course you already know how I feel about yoga. :fist:

Death - Symbolic
Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Cynic - Re-Traced
Atheist - Jupiter
:party::party::party::party: (<--one for each good decision on the above list ;))

2XL, only $15(!!!)Usually you have to pay more for XXL. Nicely done. The one thing I hate about being a big mother fucker and a metal fan is that good shirts are harder to come by. It probably saves me money in the long run, though. :lol:

IrritatedTrout
11-08-2010, 10:24 AM
I have three of those... :eyes: :finger:

Shoulda hooked me up then, broseph.:flame:

;)

DethMaiden
11-08-2010, 10:50 AM
:party::party::party::party: (<--one for each good decision on the above list ;))

Thanks. :fist: The Atheist is top 3 of 2010 already, and I'm only I believe 10 listens in. (in less than a week :lol: ) The Cynic I was skeptical about, and I'm still not sure if "Space" and "Evolutionary" were necessary at all, but "King" is cool, "Integral" is masterful, and "Wheels Within Wheels" sounds like a Traced in Air outtake - which is fine by me since it's one of my three or four favorite albums of the last ten years. I'm just easing into the Death and Emperor records, but I can already tell they're among the best work of both bands. :rocker:

ChildrenofSodom
11-08-2010, 01:41 PM
These are all good ideas, but watch the SlimFast. That shit has a ton of carbs in it. It's not a super-bad idea if you're planning to work out like a motherfucker right after you drink it, but otherwise it's just extra carbs you don't need that may turn to fat if you take it later in the day or without any significant amount of physical activity planned immediately following. I take a multivitamin and Super B complex every day, regardless of whether I'm training heavily or not. Green tea (supplements or drink - both are good) when I'm training, along with the whey protein, peanut butter and such not only for building muscle, but it also helps keep you from getting sore after workouts (in other words, easily digestable protein is great recovery food).

Here's what I do (or what I'm going to do, starting this past Friday onward) - I wake up (8am) and eat a bowl of high-fiber oatmeal with skim milk. Good fiber, good carbs, gets me a good start to the day. I do Cardio X. I make a shake with ice, skim milk, one scoop protein, one scoop slimfast, one teaspoon peanut butter, some cinnamon for flavor. I drink it almost as soon as I'm done working out. My reason for doing so: I don't eat alot of carbs in the afternoon/dinner, and I need the energy to get through the day. My calories have been too low the past few weeks, and since I'm doing doubles in the last month, I NEED to eat a lot. I never thought I'd have the problem of eating too little haha, but it's true. I started eating a few hundred more calories this weekend and my stomach literally sounded like a garbage disposal...I was so hungry a few hours later.

Every other day I either take a multivitamin or the combination of B Complex, Green Tea, and a can of V8. In my last week I'm going to add cayenne (capsaicin) supplement to cross the P90x finish line with a raging metabolism. Then I'm doing a light week of recovery. Some cardio and light lifting while taking the cayenne and green tea pills for a few days, then some Green Tea Detox for three days to prepare for Round 2 of Insanity. And then I'll probably scale back to just a multivitamin for a few weeks.

I'm pretty pumped. Doing Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps right now, in fact. Peace!

Sepultura69
11-08-2010, 02:31 PM
I JUST PURCHASED A SUBWAY SANDWHICH 5 DOLLAR FOOTLONG IF THAT COUNTS

DethMaiden
11-08-2010, 02:33 PM
:lol: Your posts have crossed from obnoxious to unintentionally hilarious. Caps lock, size seven for a sandwich? Really? :tongue:

ravenheart
11-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Your posts have crossed from obnoxious to unintentionally hilarious.

I think you're being overly gracious.

ChildrenofSodom
11-08-2010, 09:16 PM
I just bought 7 Redwall books online because I'm a goddamn nerd with a crazing for nostalgia. All I'm going to be doing the next two months is listening to country music, playing videos games with my brothers, and reading Redwall books. Might even break out some Narnia or Young Merlin. College is too grown up for me.

Div
11-08-2010, 09:27 PM
sepultura69 is well on his way to becoming the next hecho

Sepultura69
11-08-2010, 10:01 PM
sepultura69 is well on his way to becoming the next hecho

Quit hatin' :cool:

Its not good for the soul my child.

mankvill
11-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Quit hatin' :cool:

Its not good for the soul my child.

Being the next hecho is something to be proud of

Sepultura69
11-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Being the next hecho is something to be proud of

I doubt it:cool:

Since I first started posting here I keep hearing about that guy. I assume he is some douche that use to post here and got a bad rep and now some of these cats are comparing me to him:cool:

mankvill
11-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I doubt it:cool:

Since I first started posting here I keep hearing about that guy. I assume he is some douche that use to post here and got a bad rep and now some of these cats are comparing me to him:cool:

FUCK NO

he even has his own smiley:

:hecho:

powerslave_85
11-08-2010, 11:11 PM
No, Hecho had charisma.

Fires Of Sedition
11-09-2010, 01:01 AM
I GOT A TANK OF FUCKIN' GAS

Derelict
11-09-2010, 06:03 AM
I GOT A TANK OF FUCKIN' GAS

THAT'S AWESOME, I JUST BOUGHT A BAGEL FOR BREAKFAST, WITH CREAM CHEESE BRO

Indestructible
11-09-2010, 06:17 AM
An Overdose OF Death - Toxic Holocause
Morbid Visions/ Bestial Devastation - Sepultura
Against - Sepultura

JuuKun
11-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Ihsahn - After
Manticora - Safe
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
Primordial - To The Nameless Dead

Div
11-09-2010, 11:02 AM
JUST GOT A MOTHERFUCKIN GYRO, SHITS MESSY TO EAT BUT GOOD

DethMaiden
11-09-2010, 11:03 AM
JUST GOT A MOTHERFUCKIN GYRO. SHITS MESSY TO EAT BUT GOOD!!

I had one for dinner SUNDAY NIGHT

ChildrenofSodom
11-09-2010, 11:05 AM
I had one for dinner SUNDAY NIGHT

COMICS SANS??!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Derelict
11-09-2010, 11:25 AM
HEY GUYS I AM ABOUT TO GO OUT TO CURRENTLY PURCHASE SOME THINGS AT THE PURCHASING STORES WHERE MY PURCHASES ARE MADE. I SHALL COME BACK TO POST UP ON MY RECENT PURCHASES ON THIS "OFFICIAL PURCHASE" THREAD, OK?

I think its pretty awesome you guys started this thread. It means all to me you know? Its really great and incite full

SUICIDE: A VIABLE OPTION

Sepultura69
11-09-2010, 11:31 AM
HEY GUYS I AM ABOUT TO GO OUT TO CURRENTLY PURCHASE SOME THINGS AT "THE PURCHASING STORE" WHERE ALL MY PURCHASES ARE MADE. I SHALL COME BACK LATER TO POST UP ON MY RECENT PURCHASES ON THIS "OFFICIAL PURCHASE" THREAD, OK? THAT WAY WHEN ALL MY PURCHASES HAVE BEEN PURCHASED I CAN ALPHABETICALLY TELL YOU ALL MY PURCHASES THAT WHERE PURCHASED FOR TODAYS PURCHASING

mankvill
11-09-2010, 11:32 AM
there's a point where this bullshit turns into faggotry

and we've long since passed it

Sepultura69
11-09-2010, 11:37 AM
there's a point where this bullshit turns into faggotry

and we've long since passed it

I agree. I thought the 2nd post was funny but after 4-5 other people started doing the "ZOMG LETS ALL TYPE IN CAPS LOCK ON SIZE 7"...It just got tiring and was about time for me to retaliate...

in my original post before I decided to go all out i posted that everyone is overdoing it and that they should stop but meh, I decided to take that out....:cool:

I thought I was the only one getting sick of it...didn't know you aswell where getting tired of it too....The first time was alright but after children of sodom, derilect, fire and death maiden started jumping on the band wagon......Meh:cool:

Sepultura69
11-09-2010, 11:43 AM
JUST GOT A MOTHERFUCKIN GYRO, SHITS MESSY TO EAT BUT GOOD
Jokes aside GRYOS ARE THE FUCKIN SHIT! I use to work at a place called Gyro King, it was like fuckin Meat heaven...jesus christ:drool:!

Derelict
11-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Jokes aside GRYOS ARE THE FUCKIN SHIT! I use to work at a place called Gyro King, it was like fuckin Meat heaven...jesus christ:drool:!

THAT'S AMAZING

Sepultura69
11-09-2010, 11:52 AM
THAT'S AMAZING
NOT AS AMAZING AS YOUR MOMS GYROS
OH WAIT....

YOUR MOM DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE GYROS.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DOUBLE BURN

Derelict
11-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Seriously dude, is this your first week on the internet?

Sepultura69
11-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Seriously dude, is this your first week on the internet?

No, And quit being such an ass. If your going to leave smart ass remarks what makes you think I won't respond back? Twat..:cool:

ALSO TO ANSWR YOUR QUESTION, I HAVE BEEN USING THE INTERNET SINCE 1958 BRAWH..

Derelict
11-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Everybody posts the dumb shit in the fonts and bolded because your shit is annoying

Sepultura69
11-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Everybody posts the dumb shit in the fonts and bolded because your shit is annoying
Half of that sentence didn't make much sense but then again I think the last page and half of this thread hasn't either.....Everybody is posts the dumb shits in the fonts and bolded your shits annoying

or did you mean

Everybody here at Metal Setlist.com is finding you rather annoying and your posts unfunny at all, so they are all jumping on the bandwagon and posting in bold and larged sized fonts.

If thats the case well then My job here is done. That is all

and to everyone els

Thank You....Your contribution means to us all...Thank you all...My job here in the "Purchase" thread is done and I have succeeded in turning it into an all out"Caps Lock size 7 Thread fest"

Good Day to you all.....AND TO YOU especially Derelict.....you will make a fine pussy one day.....GOOD DAY TO YOU ALL

Derelict
11-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Half of that sentence didn't make much sense but then again I think the last page and half of this thread hasn't either.....Everybody is posts the dumb shits in the fonts and bolded your shits annoying

or did you mean

Everybody here at Metal Setlist.com is finding you rather annoying and your posts unfunny at all, so they are all jumping on the bandwagon and posting in bold and larged sized fonts.

If thats the case well then My job here is done. That is all

and to everyone els

Thank You....Your contribution means to us all...Thank you all...My job here in the "Purchase" thread is done and I have succeeded in turning it into an all out"Caps Lock size 7 Thread fest"

Good Day to you all.....AND TO YOU especially Derelict......You will make a fine pussy one day....GOOD DAY TO YOU ALL

holy shit that makes my brain hurt - there's no way you are older than 13

Sepultura69
11-09-2010, 12:17 PM
holy shit that makes my brain hurt - there's no way you are older than 13

I'll be whatever age you want me to be BAYBAW BAYBAW ; )

IrritatedTrout
11-09-2010, 12:25 PM
So who is officially worse, Indestructible or Sepultura69?

Sepultura69
11-09-2010, 12:28 PM

Why you gotta hate? Honestly The only reason I'm getting such a bad rep here is I originally started posting in bold and everyone started getting butt hurt and telling me to quit it and somehow from then on it just grew and grew and grew untill I have a pack of crying girls bitching about my postings and fonts. I haven't done anything wrong since I got here. And I made one little smart ass post on this thread and IT EXPLODES with everyone else doing the same exact shit....so quit being such a fuckin hypocrite :cool:

Derelict
11-09-2010, 12:33 PM

Sepultura69 - at least indestructible's posts about chemtrails and flouride make me crack a smile

mastodon421
11-09-2010, 12:41 PM
I ATE MY OWN POOP ONCE

makethemsuffer12
11-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Why you gotta hate? Honestly The only reason I'm getting such a bad rep here is I originally started posting in bold and everyone started getting butt hurt and telling me to quit it and somehow from then on it just grew and grew and grew untill I have a pack of crying girls bitching about my postings and fonts. I haven't done anything wrong since I got here. And I made one little smart ass post on this thread and IT EXPLODES with everyone else doing the same exact shit....so quit being such a fuckin hypocrite :cool:

You come across as an obnoxious tool. We don't like it. End of story.

ravenheart
11-09-2010, 01:34 PM
And I made one little smart ass post on this thread and IT EXPLODES with everyone else doing the same exact shit....so quit being such a fuckin hypocrite :cool:

Oh wow, irony is lost on your too?

BloodoftheKings
11-09-2010, 04:46 PM
I find Indestructable's conspiracy post to be pretty funny. I have nothing against him. Im already used to Sepultura69's bolded post. I do find his obnoxious post about eating sandwiches and smoking pot to be a little annoying though.

ps: I was around to see this hecho character. What was his deal?

BloodoftheKings
11-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Just picked up the new GWAR. It's really good, maybe better then Lust in Space.

ChildrenofSodom
11-09-2010, 05:03 PM
I should start posting about religion, Ron Paul, and every other stupid thing I posted from 2006-2009, my "annoying" years. And all of that would still be less annoying than this guy.

TonyD
11-09-2010, 05:06 PM
I should start posting about religion, Ron Paul, and every other stupid thing I posted from 2006-2009, my "annoying" years. And all of that would still be less annoying than this guy.
I never read it but at least it was coherent ;)

Indestructible
11-09-2010, 05:14 PM

I would like your posts about religon and ron paul. I would probaly agree with them.

DethMaiden
11-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I would like your posts about religon and ron paul. I would probaly agree with them.

The sickest burn of all.

idrinkwine732
11-09-2010, 05:28 PM
The sickest burn of all.

bahaahahahahhahahaha

:lol:

Derelict
11-09-2010, 05:54 PM
The sickest burn of all.

Yeah, but who owned who there? Fucking ponderous.

ChildrenofSodom
11-09-2010, 05:54 PM
The sickest burn of all.

:lol: I reread through some of my old posts....Jesus god I deserved to have my fingers broken.

Indestructible
11-09-2010, 06:01 PM
:lol: I reread through some of my old posts....Jesus god I deserved to have my fingers broken.
Post them, you use to support Ron Paul so I would agree with some of them.

ChildrenofSodom
11-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Post them, you use to support Ron Paul so I would agree with some of them.

This is all I'll say: I once called Aaron Russo a Patriot.

Derelict
11-09-2010, 06:06 PM

Well, Trading Places IS a classic flick

ChildrenofSodom
11-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Well, Trading Places IS a classic flick

Nah, Wise Guys should have won the Oscar in 86.

Indestructible
11-09-2010, 06:13 PM

I havent heard anything from Aaron Russo, Alex Jones has talked about him before.

ChildrenofSodom
11-09-2010, 06:24 PM
I havent heard anything from Aaron Russo, Alex Jones has talked about him before.

http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=7139&highlight=aaron+russo

I swear to God you're me from 3 years ago that found a time machine and decided to come to bug me. :lol: No offense intended.

DethMaiden
11-09-2010, 06:30 PM

I swear to God you're me from 3 years ago that found a time machine and decided to come to bug me. :lol: No offense intended.

I love how you capitalized "Patriot," like he played for New England or something.

Indestructible
11-09-2010, 06:32 PM

"It just so happens, I wore my new "Destroy the Federal Reserve" shirt on August 24th, by pure coincidence."Children OF Sodom.

How do you go from hating the FED to liking the FED and how to you go from liking Ron Paul to disagreeing with him.

DethMaiden
11-09-2010, 06:35 PM
"It just so happens, I wore my new "Destroy the Federal Reserve" shirt on August 24th, by pure coincidence."Children OF Sodom.

How do you go from hating the FED to liking the FED and how to you go from liking Ron Paul to disagreeing with him.

By reading books that don't just reinforce what his narrow-minded worldview prescribed?

ChildrenofSodom
11-09-2010, 07:27 PM
By reading books that don't just reinforce what his narrow-minded worldview prescribed?

This.

Let me explain to you my post-justification reasoning for why I believed what I believed. Also, some advice on how to form intelligent opinions.

I liked Ron Paul because I was pissed about the Patriot Act and American imperialism (I still am, its just not my main focus nowadays.) At the time, Ron Paul was one of the few (along with Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel, bunch of winners, those guys) American politicians speaking out about the issues I cared about. (If you forgot already, those were the Patriot Act and Imperialism.)

I wasn't very knowledgeable about politics/worldly things, so I adopted Ron Paul's platform as my own because I agreed with a lot of what he said (turns out, it was only about 50% of his foreign policy (for example, I do like the UN but I don't think we need troops in Japan anymore) and about 2% of his domestic policy.) So, in my ignorance, I just believed in and defended vehemently any opinion that I heard Ron Paul say. One of those was the Fed. 17 year old me, along with probably 97% of the American public, knew 0 things about the Federal Reserve, so it was very easy to convince of its malevolence. "Its a private bank that just prints the money out of thin air. It controls our money supply. END THE FED!" Easy enough. I didn't like Ron Paul because he hated the Fed. I hated the Fed because I liked Ron Paul. That is the wrong way to go about forming your opinions. Today, I read what Paul Krugman says, and then read what other people have to say about that. That way I hear a variety of opinion. Little did I know that Ron Paul's opinions are from 40-100 years ago, and those arguments have already been settled (Department of Education, Gold Standard, Expansionary Monetary Policy. To a lesser extent, the Keynesian role of government. But even, the monetarists don't even take the Austrians seriously, so whatever.)

Well, I eventually started listening to other politicians and thinkers. I first went to the Green Party (also nutjobs) because they shared Ron Paul's anti-war stance, but favored more liberal social policies. Since then, I've moved towards the center-left. The more I read, the more I learn and stronger my true beliefs become. I don't have 'strong' beliefs on everything, and I'm always weighing the arguments for a lot of things (nuclear energy, environmental policy, affirmative action.) I have strong beliefs on some things (taxes, stimulus spending, Fed independence), but I also have beliefs that are in the middle and can sway either way depending on the day (gun control, ethical food practices, abortion.)

The point is: read different sources, don't only read Ron Paul and Alex Jones. I know that they insulate themselves by saying: "Listen to me, everyone else is a liar. I am the only truth-teller." But that should be an immediate tip-off. David Koresh told his supporters that same thing, that everyone was out to get him, and he got his house blown up and family killed by the Babylonian NWO deathsquads.

powerslave_85
11-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World Blu-Ray
Call of Duty: Black Ops

Div
11-09-2010, 11:27 PM
I find Indestructable's conspiracy post to be pretty funny. I have nothing against him. Im already used to Sepultura69's bolded post. I do find his obnoxious post about eating sandwiches and smoking pot to be a little annoying though.

ps: I was around to see this hecho character. What was his deal?

no way, sep69 beats indestructible in entertainment value any day.

visual aid:

Sepultura69
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/59/Coolface_thinks.jpg

Indistrucktibble
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/b/b2/Slowpoke.gif

Indestructible
11-10-2010, 05:49 AM
This.

Let me explain to you my post-justification reasoning for why I believed what I believed. Also, some advice on how to form intelligent opinions.

I liked Ron Paul because I was pissed about the Patriot Act and American imperialism (I still am, its just not my main focus nowadays.) At the time, Ron Paul was one of the few (along with Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel, bunch of winners, those guys) American politicians speaking out about the issues I cared about. (If you forgot already, those were the Patriot Act and Imperialism.)

I wasn't very knowledgeable about politics/worldly things, so I adopted Ron Paul's platform as my own because I agreed with a lot of what he said (turns out, it was only about 50% of his foreign policy (for example, I do like the UN but I don't think we need troops in Japan anymore) and about 2% of his domestic policy.) So, in my ignorance, I just believed in and defended vehemently any opinion that I heard Ron Paul say. One of those was the Fed. 17 year old me, along with probably 97% of the American public, knew 0 things about the Federal Reserve, so it was very easy to convince of its malevolence. "Its a private bank that just prints the money out of thin air. It controls our money supply. END THE FED!" Easy enough. I didn't like Ron Paul because he hated the Fed. I hated the Fed because I liked Ron Paul. That is the wrong way to go about forming your opinions. Today, I read what Paul Krugman says, and then read what other people have to say about that. That way I hear a variety of opinion. Little did I know that Ron Paul's opinions are from 40-100 years ago, and those arguments have already been settled (Department of Education, Gold Standard, Expansionary Monetary Policy. To a lesser extent, the Keynesian role of government. But even, the monetarists don't even take the Austrians seriously, so whatever.)

Well, I eventually started listening to other politicians and thinkers. I first went to the Green Party (also nutjobs) because they shared Ron Paul's anti-war stance, but favored more liberal social policies. Since then, I've moved towards the center-left. The more I read, the more I learn and stronger my true beliefs become. I don't have 'strong' beliefs on everything, and I'm always weighing the arguments for a lot of things (nuclear energy, environmental policy, affirmative action.) I have strong beliefs on some things (taxes, stimulus spending, Fed independence), but I also have beliefs that are in the middle and can sway either way depending on the day (gun control, ethical food practices, abortion.)

The point is: read different sources, don't only read Ron Paul and Alex Jones. I know that they insulate themselves by saying: "Listen to me, everyone else is a liar. I am the only truth-teller." But that should be an immediate tip-off. David Koresh told his supporters that same thing, that everyone was out to get him, and he got his house blown up and family killed by the Babylonian NWO deathsquads.

It's weird, usualy people start off with loving the government and the fed, not thinking there is anything wrong. Then years later they find Ron Paul and Alex Jones, and that is their wake up call. Finding out that everything in government isnt as perfect as they thought.

Derelict
11-10-2010, 06:15 AM
It's weird, usualy people start off with loving the government and the fed, not thinking there is anything wrong. Then years later they find Ron Paul and Alex Jones, and that is their wake up call. Finding out that everything in government isnt as perfect as they thought.

I don't know a single person who thinks the government is perfect, be they liberal, conservative, socialist, libertarian, etc.

Natrlhi
11-10-2010, 06:17 AM
Just picked up the new GWAR. It's really good, maybe better then Lust in Space.

Have any of you guys noticed that this post is the only one in the last several pages of posts that's actually on topic?

Just sayin'... :rolleyes:

ChildrenofSodom
11-10-2010, 06:25 AM
Have any of you guys noticed that this post is the only one in the last several pages of posts that's actually on topic?

Just sayin'... :rolleyes:

Thanks Dad. :tp: :D

Natrlhi
11-10-2010, 06:25 AM
Thanks Dad. :tp: :D

Watch it, son.

EDIT: Now go do your homework while I go bang your mom again.

TonyD
11-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Watch it, son.

EDIT: Now go do your homework while I go bang your mom again.

:party:

ChildrenofSodom
11-10-2010, 03:53 PM
2 Tickets to see All That Remains on Friday. First metal show since Iron Maiden in July.

makethemsuffer12
11-10-2010, 04:04 PM
2 Tickets to see All That Remains on Friday. First metal show since Iron Maiden in July.

durrrrr n00b.

Nah I like ATR haha.

ravenheart
11-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Cavalar - Recoil

ShatteredFlame
11-10-2010, 04:52 PM
maudlin of the Well - Part the Second (blue swirl vinyl)

came today :)

DethMaiden
11-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Blind Guardian - A Night at the Opera

mastodon421
11-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Call Of Duty Black Ops

treghet
11-11-2010, 04:03 PM
I didn't buy this (it was a gift) but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Krieg - The Isolationist

daimonos
11-11-2010, 05:24 PM
I didn't buy this (it was a gift) but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Krieg - The Isolationist

How is it?

treghet
11-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Totally awesome. I like the production a lot. It's clean, but incredibly evil sounding. I need to listen to it more, but I have noticed there are some different influences on this album. I can't quite pinpoint them, but it sounds different than past Krieg albums (in a good way).

Here's one of the songs I like a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6QpZdnKHsY

ChildrenofSodom
11-11-2010, 06:15 PM
I bought a sampler pack of different kinds of tea, because I heard its good for you. After I made a cup of peppermint tea, I realized that there was still alot of stuff in the tea bag, so I figured "Hey, I can save a few of these and just make another cup when I run out."

So I looked up "Can you reuse tea bags" on Yahoo Answers, and one of the funnier responses was, "Quit being so cheap. The 40s are over." Made me laugh.

EDIT - If Tea was an anagram, the T would stand for terrible. Why do people drink this stuff?

evildeadjedi
11-11-2010, 08:25 PM
I bought a sampler pack of different kinds of tea, because I heard its good for you. After I made a cup of peppermint tea, I realized that there was still alot of stuff in the tea bag, so I figured "Hey, I can save a few of these and just make another cup when I run out."

So I looked up "Can you reuse tea bags" on Yahoo Answers, and one of the funnier responses was, "Quit being so cheap. The 40s are over." Made me laugh.

EDIT - If Tea was an anagram, the T would stand for terrible. Why do people drink this stuff?

Brown, Black, and Green all the rest is shit.

mankvill
11-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Meatshank - Scavengers

Sent to me by the band. ^_^

ravenheart
11-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Sony Gigajuke 80GB.

ravenheart
11-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Meatshank - Scavengers

Sent to me by the band. ^_^

Always nice, isn't it.

Happy to accommodate if that's your intention.

mankvill
11-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Always nice, isn't it.

Happy to accommodate if that's your intention.

Schwat? :O

ravenheart
11-13-2010, 03:22 AM
Schwat? :O

If you want to review it, I'm happy to post it here too if it will up your stock with the band for future freebies/shows etc.

My most recent hall of free shit (this fucking stunned me):

Finished copies:
Black Sabbath - Seventh Star deluxe edition
Black Sabbath - The Eternal Idol deluxe edition
Sahg - III
Enslaved - Axioma Ethica Odini
Saint Jude - Diary of a Soul Fiend
Helmet - Seeing Eye Dog
David Rock Feinstein - Bitten By The Beast
Monster Magnet - Mastermind

Promo CDR copies:
Black Sabbath - Past Lives deluxe edition
Black Sabbath - Live At Last deluxe edition
The Quireboys - Live In London
Therapy? - We're Here To The End
Senes - De-evolution of Theory
Michael Bormann - Different
Solefald - Norron Luvskunst
Poison Sun - Virtual Sin

And... wait for it...

The Big 4 Live In Sofia Bulgaria 7-disc deluxe box set (finished copy) :eek::eek::eek::drool:

evildeadjedi
11-13-2010, 11:06 AM
2 copies of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for ps3 6 bucks a piece from Toys R Us.

makethemsuffer12
11-13-2010, 12:44 PM
2 copies of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for ps3 6 bucks a piece from Toys R Us.

Da fuck?

That game is so good. Among Thieves is definitely better though.

evildeadjedi
11-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Da fuck?

That game is so good. Among Thieves is definitely better though.

The crazy thing is on Black Friday it's supposed to be 14.99 there. :lol:

Among thieves is definitely better but, for 6 bucks I couldn't pass up putting UC in my collection.

mankvill
11-13-2010, 01:34 PM
If you want to review it, I'm happy to post it here too if it will up your stock with the band for future freebies/shows etc.

My most recent hall of free shit (this fucking stunned me):

Finished copies:
Black Sabbath - Seventh Star deluxe edition
Black Sabbath - The Eternal Idol deluxe edition
Sahg - III
Enslaved - Axioma Ethica Odini
Saint Jude - Diary of a Soul Fiend
Helmet - Seeing Eye Dog
David Rock Feinstein - Bitten By The Beast
Monster Magnet - Mastermind

Promo CDR copies:
Black Sabbath - Past Lives deluxe edition
Black Sabbath - Live At Last deluxe edition
The Quireboys - Live In London
Therapy? - We're Here To The End
Senes - De-evolution of Theory
Michael Bormann - Different
Solefald - Norron Luvskunst
Poison Sun - Virtual Sin

And... wait for it...

The Big 4 Live In Sofia Bulgaria 7-disc deluxe box set (finished copy) :eek::eek::eek::drool:

Damn, dude! Yeah, my next e-mail to you will contain a bunch of reviews, so I'll include them. Get ready for it! ;)

DethMaiden
11-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Damn, dude! Yeah, my next e-mail to you will contain a bunch of reviews, so I'll include them. Get ready for it! ;)

I get the Enslaved! I called it!

jd091
11-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Just got all of Bloodbath's stuff... damn, why didn't I listen to them earlier? AMAZING

es156
11-13-2010, 08:59 PM
I never read it but at least it was coherent ;)

No, not really.

The sickest burn of all.

Oh crap, that was funny. :lol: :lol:

es156
11-13-2010, 09:02 PM

You narrowly avoided the banhammer on more than one occasion.

;)

ChildrenofSodom
11-13-2010, 09:21 PM
You narrowly avoided the banhammer on more than one occasion.

;)

Not anymore. Nowadays I just troll, talk about working out, and country music. More on topic than ever before.

ravenheart
11-14-2010, 04:49 AM
Damn, dude!

Yeah I know, right? Wasn't expecting all of that at all, seeing as all I'd asked for were the Solefald, Metallica and Sabbath ones, and figured I'd get CDRs in plastic sleeves for all three.

JuuKun
11-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Two Wizard Rock comps for $25 :party:

Jingle Spells 4
Live at the Leaky Cauldron

Indestructible
11-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Suspiria by Darkwell
Perpetual Desolation by The Sins of Thy Beloved
The 13th Floor by Sirenia

Indestructible
11-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Njord by Leaves eyes

Indestructible
11-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Unlimited by Susperia

mastodon421
11-16-2010, 01:15 PM
It's Always Sunny In Philladelphia Season 5

Fires Of Sedition
11-16-2010, 01:41 PM

Give it.

ravenheart
11-16-2010, 03:11 PM

We haven't even had season 1 here :(

Derelict
11-17-2010, 09:35 AM
4 tix for giants @ eagles sunday

JRA
11-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Deicide- Legion

TonyD
11-17-2010, 11:27 AM
4 tix for giants @ eagles sunday

What if you have 8 friends? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ABK1S4i6U)

Derelict
11-17-2010, 11:33 AM
What if you have 8 friends? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ABK1S4i6U)

Dude, thats great

TonyD
11-17-2010, 11:40 AM
BTW, that's what I assume you sound like.

Derelict
11-17-2010, 11:51 AM
BTW, that's what I assume you sound like.

lol...he used such an over the top philly accent for that call, i love it

daimonos
11-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Melechesh - The Epigenesis
Absu - Tara/In the Eyes of Ioldanach
Cough - Ritual Abuse
Electric Wizard - Dopethrone

mankvill
11-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Absu - Tara/In the Eyes of Ioldanach

:shred:

BloodoftheKings
11-18-2010, 07:11 PM
GWAR tickets

Indestructible
11-19-2010, 06:25 AM
Resurrection Macabre by Pestilence. I bought a death metal album :eek:

Sepultura69
11-19-2010, 07:05 AM

:eek:

Why of all albums did you get there worst? You should have gotten "Consuming Impulse" or "Testimony of The Ancients".....Pestilence is an awesome band none the less.

DethMaiden
11-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Blind Guardian ticket
Immortal ticket

idrinkwine732
11-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Immortal ticket

:flame:

I may have to go do some college touring around there at the time...:mad:

DethMaiden
11-19-2010, 11:50 AM
:flame:

I may have to go do some college touring around there at the time...:mad:

Visit IU and I can get you a ride to Chicago. ;)

makethemsuffer12
11-19-2010, 12:05 PM

What What WHAT??!

JRA
11-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Not to mention one that I don't even own. (Not that I'm a connoisseur of the genre, but I used to have the same mindset as him).

Immortal-All Shall Fall

Indestructible
11-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Ressurection Through Carnage and The Fathomless Mastery by Bloodbath

Derelict
11-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Ressurection Through Carnage and The Fathomless Mastery by Bloodbath

WHATS GOING ON HERE!?!?!?

good albums, though, brocheese

Indestructible
11-22-2010, 10:58 AM
WHATS GOING ON HERE!?!?!?

good albums, though, brocheese

Not a death metal fan, but Bloodbath,Death and Pestilence I can stand.

Indestructible
11-22-2010, 11:07 AM
His Name Was Yesterday by His Name Was Yesterday
Cost Of Freedom by DownSlave

makethemsuffer12
11-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Not a death metal fan, but Bloodbath,Death and Pestilence I can stand.

He's converting... muahahahahaha

Derelict
11-22-2010, 12:48 PM
He's converting... muahahahahaha

If you like bloodbath and haven't tried Opeth, give them a shot, it's the same vocalist (though musically very different, but i know youre beef is generally with vocals).

Indestructible
11-22-2010, 02:03 PM
If you like bloodbath and haven't tried Opeth, give them a shot, it's the same vocalist (though musically very different, but i know youre beef is generally with vocals).

Ive known who Opeth was since 8th grade. I have tried them a few times, but they always bored me. I still respect them as musicians though.Ill try and give opeth another shot. I can handle Mikael Åkerfeldts growls, thats one of the reasons I can stand Bloodbath.

Div
11-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Akerfeldt also played lead guitar and backing vocals on Edge of Sanity's first Crimson album. It's a pretty solid concept-album with one 40 minute song, definitely worth a listen if you're a fan.

here's a good part from it, check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJA0UUvu9bE#t=5m16s

Div
11-22-2010, 03:34 PM
want:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs653.snc3/32274_113448815366493_100001041250237_97534_707978 0_n.jpg?ref=nf

makethemsuffer12
11-22-2010, 03:45 PM
want:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs653.snc3/32274_113448815366493_100001041250237_97534_707978 0_n.jpg?ref=nf

:lol: That's amazing.

TonyD
11-22-2010, 03:49 PM
:lol: Yes

ravenheart
11-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Ive known who Opeth was since 8th grade. I have tried them a few times, but they always bored me. I still respect them as musicians though.Ill try and give opeth another shot. I can handle Mikael Åkerfeldts growls, thats one of the reasons I can stand Bloodbath.

It's his proper voice which makes Opeth what they are though.

makethemsuffer12
11-22-2010, 04:47 PM

Yeah give them another shot. I'm suprised you aren't into them already. Check out "Heir Apparent" from the Watershed album. That song is beyond awesome.

elturtleboy
11-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Cro-Mags -Age Of Quarrel shirt
Temple Of Dagon-shirt
The Locust-patch
black jeans,

Indestructible
11-22-2010, 04:58 PM
I did hear Ghost Reveries back in 2005. It was pretty good

Just Bought Ghost Reveries on Itunes.

DethMaiden
11-22-2010, 05:21 PM
It's his proper voice which makes Opeth what they are though.

Hey now, extreme vocals aren't a separate category from proper vocals! :finger:

ChildrenofSodom
11-22-2010, 06:39 PM
I did hear Ghost Reveries back in 2005. It was pretty good

Just Bought Ghost Reveries on Itunes.

http://fixingapairofjeans.ytmnd.com/

Derelict
11-22-2010, 06:40 PM
http://fixingapairofjeans.ytmnd.com/

lol.....ytmnd was such a great internet meme

jd091
11-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Just bought After the Burial's In Dreams as soon as it was up on itunes at midnight... Wow. One of the most underrated acts out there today. IMO.

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

ravenheart
11-23-2010, 05:29 AM
Nevermore - Year of The Voyager DVD for £2.85 :D :rocker:

makethemsuffer12
11-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Nevermore - Year of The Voyager DVD for £2.85 :D :rocker:

Nice catch.

ravenheart
11-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Shrapnel - No Saviours
Shrapnel - The Devastation To Come

daimonos
11-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Phobia - Unrelenting
:rocker:

ravenheart
11-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Metallica - Six Feet Down Under Volume 1
Metallica - Six Feet Down Under Volume 2
Metallica - Live At Grimey's

DethMaiden
11-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Metallica - Six Feet Down Under Volume 1
Metallica - Six Feet Down Under Volume 2
Metallica - Live At Grimey's

Well, not technically. ;)

ravenheart
11-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Well, not technically. ;)

My money, my purchase ;)

ravenheart
11-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Manimal - The Darkest Room
Therion - Sitra Ahra

BloodoftheKings
11-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Public Enemy- It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back

:cool:

Wizzbang11
11-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Blasphemophagher "Return to Nuclear Hell" Die Hard LP, leftover from NWN!fest Vol. II.
Fuck yes.

ravenheart
11-26-2010, 02:52 AM
Truth Squad - Superkiller
Vargas Blues Band - Bluestrology
Vargas Blues Band - Texas Tango
Blindside Blues Band - Keepers of The Flame
Blindstone - Rise Above
Lance Lopez - Live

IrritatedTrout
11-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Anthrax - Among the Living

Finally.

JRA
11-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Celtic Frost- Monotheist

BloodoftheKings
11-26-2010, 04:41 PM
New computer speakers for only 10 bucks (normally 30) :rocker:

Sepultura69
11-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Celtic Frost- Monotheist

That album is amazing... I love the music video for "A Dying God Coming into Human Flesh"

Public Enemy- It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back

:cool:

:fist:

"DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE" :cool:

DethMaiden
11-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Clutch ticket

Hopefully later tonight, a Rush ticket, and then I'll have all the tickets I need for the gigs on my schedule! :party:

idrinkwine732
11-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Agalloch - The Marrow of the Spirit
Explosions in the Sky - The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place

elturtleboy
11-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Rey Mysterio action figure. $7:rocker:

Fires Of Sedition
11-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Mastodon wallet

TonyD
11-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Every time I look in this thread I realize how much I don't buy things anymore.

Sepultura69
11-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Every time I look in this thread I realize how much I don't buy things anymore.

Same here :(

Unless buying exessive amounts of Medical Marijuana 24/7 on a daily basis counts :eyes:

idrinkwine732
11-27-2010, 12:08 PM
brutal

TonyD
11-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Good thing sleeping pills and/or marijuana doesn't cause brain damage.

DethMaiden
11-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Bro, you do think you're really cool for smoking marijuana. You rep it on here as a "drug" (pejorative) not a drug (medical).

idrinkwine732
11-27-2010, 01:50 PM
I feel like having an outlet for talking about your weight loss success is more justified than an outlet for your weed smoking.

DethMaiden
11-27-2010, 01:54 PM
On topic:

Rush ticket!!!! :party: :party: I'm seeing Rush in London, bitches!

Div
11-27-2010, 01:55 PM
sep was harsh about that, but I gotta admit its really annying when people always act all high and mighty about not smoking, and there really was no reason for cameron to mock him. Its not like he was repping cocaine or E pills. Noone wants to be talked down to for just posting something about them enjoying themselves a little. Dont push your morals on people, theyre just going to snap back at you.

ravenheart
11-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Oh good, another dumb weed conversation.

Indestructible
11-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Im fine with weed medical use or not. Smoke it or don't, but if you smoke don't go around bragging about it and act like you're the coolest thing ever. Just have a fun time getting high, that's all.:cool::allan:

Div
11-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Im fine with weed medical use or not. Smoke it or don't, but if you smoke don't go around bragging about it and act like you're the coolest thing ever. Just have a fun time getting high, that's all.:cool::allan:

This is actually the most rational post in the conversation... who are you and what have you done with Indestructible?

Wizzbang11
11-27-2010, 08:14 PM
I feel like having an outlet for talking about your weight loss success is more justified than an outlet for your weed smoking.

The weight loss thing pisses me off just as much as braggin about weed.
If not a little more...

idrinkwine732
11-27-2010, 08:24 PM
If not a little more...

I think it's certainly understandable to be frustrated with it. I just think it's more justified.

jd091
11-27-2010, 08:30 PM
This

Sepultura69
11-28-2010, 12:59 AM
I guess one of the mods deleted my post aswell as Sodomofchildren...

Bro, you do think you're really cool for smoking marijuana. You rep it on here as a "drug" (pejorative) not a drug (medical).

No I don't. Not at all. No where does any of my posts idicate that I'm bragging or trying to make myself out as "Cool" unless you think that...end of story

Im fine with weed medical use or not. Smoke it or don't, but if you smoke don't go around bragging about it and act like you're the coolest thing ever. Just have a fun time getting high, that's all

Agree...

sep was harsh about that, but I gotta admit its really annying when people always act all high and mighty about not smoking, and there really was no reason for cameron to mock him. Its not like he was repping cocaine or E pills. Noone wants to be talked down to for just posting something about them enjoying themselves a little. Dont push your morals on people, theyre just going to snap back at you.

Thank you

If not a little more...

I agree....eventhough No where in my posts do I rep or brag about smoking pot. OH wow just cause i might post that I'm rolling a nice old fatty? Give me a break people. I saw some one on here in the "what are you doin thread" awhile back posting about how he had a nice day at the mall hotboxing in his friends car and I didn't see one person attack him(thats a perfect example of what you people should be bitching about and not on me, sheeeesh)....sometimes I think some of you(Children of Sodom, Dethmaiden ect) just attack me for no reason when I ain't done jack shit..:cool:

I was just agreeing with Tony D on something and make a little post about Ganj and it goes back in a hate frenzie...Sheesh...I'm sorry people I will keep the weed talk at a zero cause it seems to piss people beyond belief here:hmm:

And I was just pointing out to Childrenofsodom why I smoke it since he had to leave a dick comment....but anyways whatever...I remember last time I posted on this thread something like this happend before(I think it had to do with me purchasing a subway sandwhich or something, shit I forget)

Anyways as a great man once said..
My bad:cool:

ChildrenofSodom
11-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Talking about weight loss is more obnoxious than bragging about weed?

I didn't roll 80 lbs of sticky in the past 6 months.

Indestructible
11-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Talking about weight loss is more obnoxious than bragging about weed?

I didn't roll 80 lbs of sticky in the past 6 months.

Either one can become obnoxious if you talk about it to much. You talking about weight loss doesn't bother me, I just assumed that some people on this board gave you advice and you are telling them about your progress.
Sepultura talking about weed all the time doesn't bother me either.
Since we are on the subject how do you feel about weed COS? Do you think it should be legalized do you agree with people smoking it as long as they don't go around bragging about it ect?

mankvill
11-29-2010, 12:12 AM
Vanlade - Stay Heavy Or Die: Demo 2010

fuck yeah

rjturtle9
11-29-2010, 07:49 AM
Iron Maiden tickets :party:

IrritatedTrout
11-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Floor tickets to Maiden in Lauderdale and Tampa!

ChildrenofSodom
11-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Since we are on the subject how do you feel about weed COS? Do you think it should be legalized do you agree with people smoking it as long as they don't go around bragging about it ect?

My scatterbrain thoughts: I think the subculture is immature, childish, and idiotic. I think hemp should be legal to grow for rope, industrial material, food, clothing, etc. (Especially hemp protein.) I've not made up my mind on legalizing it in drug form. I think doctors and researchers should be allowed to research pot and its effects, especially in a medical context. If pot really is good for sick people, then surely we can isolate the compound therein and put it in pill form. The idea of "blazing up" for medical purposes reminds me of herbal tea therapy and chi alignment...sounds like bullshit alternative medicine. I also think we need to reform drug laws so that our prisons aren't filled up with nonviolent offenders. Drug dealing is naughty, but some guy smoking pot on his porch shouldn't be a jail offense. Solving murder cases, preventing sexual violence, and stopping terrorism is a much better use of police resources than harassing potsmokers and underage drinkers.

My 8 cents.

ChildrenofSodom
11-29-2010, 01:50 PM
On topic: I asked my grandpa for some stuff for Christmas, so he gave me his card because he sucks are internet. So I bought two P90X One on One workouts and an Active Multivitamin.

Indestructible
11-29-2010, 02:12 PM
My scatterbrain thoughts: I think the subculture is immature, childish, and idiotic. I think hemp should be legal to grow for rope, industrial material, food, clothing, etc. (Especially hemp protein.) I've not made up my mind on legalizing it in drug form. I think doctors and researchers should be allowed to research pot and its effects, especially in a medical context. If pot really is good for sick people, then surely we can isolate the compound therein and put it in pill form. The idea of "blazing up" for medical purposes reminds me of herbal tea therapy and chi alignment...sounds like bullshit alternative medicine. I also think we need to reform drug laws so that our prisons aren't filled up with nonviolent offenders. Drug dealing is naughty, but some guy smoking pot on his porch shouldn't be a jail offense. Solving murder cases, preventing sexual violence, and stopping terrorism is a much better use of police resources than harassing potsmokers and underage drinkers.

My 8 cents.
Marjiuana isn't a drug it's a plant. Let me ask you this where did the government get authority to prohibit marjiuana? The Constitution certainly does not grant government that authority. The government would have to amend the constitution to ban something. The government only amended the constitution to ban alcohol and that was repealed, meaning the government could no longer ban alcohol or anything. Marijuana is lawful what is unlawful is it’s prohibition.

I agree with some of what you said, though pot shouldnt be in pill form. If it can help you medicaly then just smoke it. I do agree that police have more important things to do than harrass or arrest people for pot, prisons are filled with alot of people who have only done pot, and small amounts of pot. They weren't violent or anything they commited no crime, just did pot. I don't care if you have pounds and pounds of pot in your house, as long as you don't sell it to children no harm is done. If you have pounds of pot in your house my only response would be is are you going to share that with the rest of us. :cool::D

BloodoftheKings
11-29-2010, 02:16 PM
If pot really is good for sick people, then surely we can isolate the compound therein and put it in pill form. The idea of "blazing up" for medical purposes reminds me of herbal tea therapy and chi alignment...sounds like bullshit alternative medicine.

I've always thought the same thing. I think they probably will do this if medical marijuana became legal across the country.

On topic:
Gwar- Scumdos of the Universe
Gwar- Carnival of Chaos
Mr Bungle- Mr Bungle

ravenheart
11-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Marjiuana isn't a drug it's a plant. Let me ask you this where did the government get authority to prohibit marjiuana? The Constitution certainly does not grant government that authority. The government would have to amend the constitution to ban something. The government only amended the constitution to ban alcohol and that was repealed, meaning the government could no longer ban alcohol or anything. Marijuana is lawful what is unlawful is it’s prohibition.

Oh jeez :tp:

BloodoftheKings
11-29-2010, 02:27 PM
1.Marjiuana isn't a drug it's a plant.

2.If it can help you medicaly then just smoke it.

1.Totally unlike cocaine right? :tp:

2.Not only is taking a pill easier then lighting up a joint, but it also wont do damage to your lungs and the people around you wont have to smell it.

Indestructible
11-29-2010, 02:33 PM

2.Not only is taking a pill easier then lighting up a joint, but it also wont do damage to your lungs and the people around you wont have to smell it.

Cocain is a drug marjiuana is a plant. Common sense should tell you that marjiuana is no where near has harmful as cocaine.
If marjiuana can be in pill form and be safe and have all the effects of marjiuana then I guess that would be fine.

BloodoftheKings
11-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Cocain is a drug marjiuana is a plant. Common sense should tell you that marjiuana is no where near has harmful as cocaine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca

And I am fully aware that pot isn't worse then coke, I never said it wasn't.

ravenheart
11-29-2010, 02:49 PM
marjiuana is a plant

How does it being a plant stop it being a drug? Its effect is what classifies it as a drug, not it's origin.

ChildrenofSodom
11-29-2010, 02:54 PM

Poppy seeds, anyone? Salvia, anyone?

Div
11-29-2010, 03:12 PM
If marjiuana can be in pill form and be safe and have all the effects of marjiuana then I guess that would be fine.

Being a chef you should know that marijuana can also come in brownie and peanut butter cracker form :D

Indestructible
11-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Being a chef you should know that marijuana can also come in brownie and peanut butter cracker form :D

Im aware. Im sure I could find a way to make that if I had weed.

ChildrenofSodom
11-29-2010, 03:18 PM

Is it possible to make butter from hemp seeds? It won't get you high, but that would be a very high fiber alternative to peanuts (which are very fatty.)

Div
11-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Is it possible to make butter from hemp seeds? It won't get you high, but that would be a very high fiber alternative to peanuts (which are very fatty.)

it might be possible, but it would probably be easier to just buy a box of wheaties :confused:

you'd also probably need a ridiculous amount of seeds, which can be hard to get. ordering them online usually results in you getting scammed. if you ever need the seeds i might be able to work something out, im friends with a dude in cali who supplies a dispensary.

ChildrenofSodom
11-29-2010, 03:44 PM
it might be possible, but it would probably be easier to just buy a box of wheaties :confused:

you'd also probably need a ridiculous amount of seeds, which can be hard to get. ordering them online usually results in you getting scammed. if you ever need the seeds i might be able to work something out, im friends with a dude in cali who supplies a dispensary.

uh....no, I'm straight. Thanks though.

JRA
11-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Darkthrone- Transylvanian Hunger

Fires Of Sedition
11-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Dimebag shirt

evildeadjedi
11-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Several PC games from the the Steam Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale:

Deus Ex GOTY
Recettear
Puzzle Agent
Jolly Rover
And Yet It Moves
Gish
Audiosurf
CS Source
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Freedom Force
Just Cause 2
Osmos
Cogs
Shatter
Droplitz
Puzzle Dimension
Tidalis
Trine
World of Goo
AVP
Dirt 2

Total 43.57 :)

ravenheart
11-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Cathedral anniversary show ticket :D

Natrlhi
11-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Guess I forgot to post my Black Friday purchases:

PS3 160 GB bundle with Dualshock 3 wireless controller, Uncharted 2 and Medal of Honor (Ltd. Edition)
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Sonic Unleashed
Burnout Paradise
Cars Race-O-Rama

(those last two games are for my four-year-old son, the middle two are for us both, and the two that came with the bundle are for Daddy :fist:)

EDIT: I'm also considering God of War 1 & 2 (for $20 combined on Amazon), Resident Evil 5 ($15 on Amazon), and Little Big Planet GotY Edition ($20 on Amazon). Any comments?

daimonos
11-30-2010, 12:35 PM
160GB iPod Classic...my four year old 30GB cracked out on me.

makethemsuffer12
11-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Guess I forgot to post my Black Friday purchases:

PS3 160 GB bundle with Dualshock 3 wireless controller, Uncharted 2 and Medal of Honor (Ltd. Edition)
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Sonic Unleashed
Burnout Paradise
Cars Race-O-Rama

(those last two games are for my four-year-old son, the middle two are for us both, and the two that came with the bundle are for Daddy :fist:)

EDIT: I'm also considering God of War 1 & 2 (for $20 combined on Amazon), Resident Evil 5 ($15 on Amazon), and Little Big Planet GotY Edition ($20 on Amazon). Any comments?

Welcome to the PS3 family! :party:
I would say to go for RE5, especially at that price. I haven't played GOW or LBP, so I can't comment on either.
Also, if you didn't starte it yet, I would check out the first Uncharted before you play the second. You don't really need to, but I think it would make the second game better knowing the characters from the first. Both games are phenomenal, btw.

Natrlhi
11-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Also, if you didn't starte it yet, I would check out the first Uncharted before you play the second. You don't really need to, but I think it would make the second game better knowing the characters from the first. Both games are phenomenal, btw.
Funny you should mention this, because last year's bundle included Batman Arkham Asylum and Uncharted - how cool would that have been? That's why I made sure I didn't miss the opportunity this year. I think I saw Uncharted at Game Stop in the Pre-Owned section for $15...I'll have to check back there again. Amazon wants $28 for it. Fuck that.

makethemsuffer12
11-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Funny you should mention this, because last year's bundle included Batman Arkham Asylum and Uncharted - how cool would that have been? That's why I made sure I didn't miss the opportunity this year. I think I saw Uncharted at Game Stop in the Pre-Owned section for $15...I'll have to check back there again. Amazon wants $28 for it. Fuck that.

Yeah go for it.
Also now that you mentioned it, I would check out Arkham Asylum as well. Another awesome game right therrr.

Crionics
11-30-2010, 01:03 PM
160GB iPod Classic...my four year old 30GB cracked out on me.

You won't regret it :blaze:

powerslave_85
11-30-2010, 01:46 PM
If I didn't already have a Blu-Ray player, I would consider getting a PS3 just so I can play Gran Turismo 5. Then again, I've heard it's disappointing.

BloodoftheKings
11-30-2010, 02:10 PM
If I didn't already have a Blu-Ray player, I would consider getting a PS3 just so I can play Gran Turismo 5. Then again, I've heard it's disappointing.

Probably cuz the game didn't come out til 3 years after it was announced. Reviewers will probably say the same thing about Duke Nukem Forever.

evildeadjedi
11-30-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm also considering God of War 1 & 2 (for $20 combined on Amazon), Resident Evil 5 ($15 on Amazon), and Little Big Planet GotY Edition ($20 on Amazon). Any comments?

God of War collection is worth that price, especially if you didn't play them on ps2.

God of War III : After you finish the collection you have to play this title specifically made for the ps3.

RE 5 is all right but I was disappointed. Instead, I would recommend Dead Space.

Little Big Planet is fun and there are tons of cool levels people have created that you can download for free but, the difficulty ramps up near the end of the single player story line.

Other games I would recommend:

Sly Cooper Collection: These games are great platform/exploration titles made by the same company that made Infamous.

Infamous: An open world super hero game where you can choose to be good or bad.

Demon's Souls: If you feel most games are too easy now days, try this one for size.

Red Dead Redemption: If you like westerns and open world titles check this game out.

GTA IV Collection: If you played any of the past titles or just always wanted to know what the fuss was about check this out.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune: Not as good as part two but, still one the best single player experiences on the ps3.

3D Dot Game Heroes: If you like old school Legend of Zelda, you will love this game.

Batman AA: One of the best comic book games of all time.

ravenheart
11-30-2010, 02:26 PM
RE 5 is all right but I was disappointed. Instead, I would recommend Dead Space.

This is incorrect. And at $15, RE5 is a bargain.

powerslave_85
11-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Well, they're saying that with all the time they worked on it, it should be more polished and complete than it is. It looks pretty good from the clips I've seen, though. Rain-soaked night races at Le Mans? Yes please.

Sepultura69
11-30-2010, 02:32 PM

Agreed....Resident Evil 5 is the worst RE game in the series..

makethemsuffer12
11-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Infamous: An open world super hero game where you can choose to be good or bad.

Great game. I felt it started off a little slow, but once it got going it was good. I can't wait for the sequel. Also, if you dig the open-world superhero thing then I would also recommend Prototype. I wouldn't say it's as solid as Infamous, but if you can find it for a cheap enough price I'd say it's worth it. My only complaints about it are that the visuals aren't particularly spectacular and the story is fairly short (I beat it in a couple of days, though I was playing the game pretty much the full day.) But there is some real badass gameplay.

evildeadjedi
11-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Great game. I felt it started off a little slow, but once it got going it was good. I can't wait for the sequel. Also, if you dig the open-world superhero thing then I would also recommend Prototype. I wouldn't say it's as solid as Infamous, but if you can find it for a cheap enough price I'd say it's worth it. My only complaints about it are that the visuals aren't particularly spectacular and the story is fairly short (I beat it in a couple of days, though I was playing the game pretty much the full day.) But there is some real badass gameplay.

I have not played Prototype yet but, I have heard it's similar to Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction for Xbox/ps2 which was very fun.

makethemsuffer12
11-30-2010, 04:00 PM
I have not played Prototype yet but, I have heard it's similar to Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction for Xbox/ps2 which was very fun.

Well it's made by the same developer so yeah haha. There's some pretty sick shit in Prototype, I really enjoyed it.

Fires Of Sedition
11-30-2010, 11:33 PM

Resident Evil 5 is fun for the first few play throughs and is more fun with a co-op buddy.

I've only played a few levels of Little Big Planet and they were fun as hell. It's crazy how much content that game contains.

ravenheart
12-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Powergod - Nemesis
Communic - Conspiracy In Mind
Mustasch - Ratsafari
Simple Minds - Good News From The Next World
Andromeda - Final Extension
Therion - Live In Midgard

daimonos
12-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time

Indestructible
12-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time

:fist::metal:

elturtleboy
12-01-2010, 03:28 PM
woohoo my sis just got me a D.R.I. hoodie!
The Thrash Zone is cold.

Natrlhi
12-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote - $19.82
Resident Evil 5 - $15.99
LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition - $19.96
Fallout 3: Game of The Year Edition - $29.99
God of War: Collection (Includes GOW1 and GOW2) - $19.96

Courtesy of Amazon Dot Com.

Thanks to folks who gave me feedback earlier in this thread - your comments were valuable.

Here's to getting fuckall done at home during my holiday vacation from work this year. :( :eyes: :rocker: :party:

EDIT: (If I don't post my "Best of 2010" list until March, you'll know why. ;))

DisposableJustice
12-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Blind Guardian- Follow the Blind:rocker:

ravenheart
12-02-2010, 04:11 PM
EDIT: (If I don't post my "Best of 2010" list until March, you'll know why. ;))

Ahem. Plenty more important things to be done before the end of the year than that ;)

DisposableJustice
12-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Blind Guardian-Imaginations From the Other Side

DethMaiden
12-03-2010, 05:54 PM
My first batch of spring textbooks, and sadly probably the cheapest batch. Blah. :bouville:

ravenheart
12-03-2010, 06:03 PM
My first batch of spring textbooks, and sadly probably the cheapest batch. Blah. :bouville:

I didn't buy a single text book at uni... :eyes:

DethMaiden
12-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I didn't buy a single text book at uni... :eyes:

Okay, um, what? How is that even possible? I drop almost a grand a year...

ravenheart
12-03-2010, 07:00 PM

Didn't need any. It was Computer Science. All the books suitable for uni level suck balls, so I didn't bother. They weren't going to help me.

Div
12-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Didn't need any. It was Computer Science. All the books suitable for uni level suck balls, so I didn't bother. They weren't going to help me.

I can confirm this. I never had the need to buy a single book for a programming course, you can find anything computer related online anyway.

DethMaiden
12-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Well, as long as I have papers and exams based on readings from textbooks, I'll bite the bullet. ;)

IrritatedTrout
12-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Slayer - Undisputed Attitude

Maiden33
12-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Creation's End - A New Beginning.

TonyD
12-05-2010, 04:16 PM

We might have been through this, but do you go to the campus/off campus book store?
Craigslist and international editions on ebay have saved me a ton of money over the past couple years.

mankvill
12-05-2010, 04:38 PM
We might have been through this, but do you go to the campus/off campus book store?
Craigslist and international editions on ebay have saved me a ton of money over the past couple years.

The first time I bought books online, I got a 100+ dollar textbook for like $10

mastodon421
12-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Buying books online is the way to go. I wouldn't even consider buying books from my school's bookstore, it's way too fucking expensive.

DethMaiden
12-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Duh. I only use eBay and Amazon and hunt for the cheapest possible. But when professors do "custom textbooks" or "course packets," there's no such thing as used books. I guess realistically I spend 300-350 a semester.