PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Now Playing' Thread Part XVIII

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

JRA
11-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Incarnated Solvent Abuse
Necroticism - Descanting The Insalubrious
Carcass

Hail to a death/thrash classic!

DethMaiden
11-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Incarnated Solvent Abuse
Necroticism - Descanting The Insalubrious
Carcass

Hail to a death/thrash classic!

:rocker:

Force Ten
Hold Your Fire
Rush

Love this album, fuck tha haters.

JRA
11-09-2009, 08:33 PM

Force Ten
Hold Your Fire
Rush

Love this album, fuck tha haters.

So you're telling me there are other non-forgettable songs other than Force, Time Stand Still, and Mission?

Hades
Bathory
Bathory

DethMaiden
11-09-2009, 08:35 PM
So you're telling me there are other non-forgettable songs other than Force, Time Stand Still, and Mission?

Open Secrets, Second Nature, Prime Mover, Tai Shan...yeah.

Maiden33
11-09-2009, 08:38 PM
11 Dreams
11 Dreams
Mercenary

Hell yes! Awesome song!

Questions of my Childhood
leftoverture
Kansas

Fires Of Sedition
11-10-2009, 12:24 AM
anyone else hear the new children of bodom track. really dissapointing. its a good metal song, but not a good children of bodom song.

What song? The only cover song I've heard by Children Of Bodom that I don't like is Somebody Put Something In My Drink.

Shepherd's Commandment
Descend Into Depravity
Dying Fetus

Best song on that ablum. :rocker:

Fires Of Sedition
11-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Unanswered
Suicide Silence

I can't believe I have to see these faggots open up for Megadeth...

I can't believe it's actually possible to type without smashing your keyboard to shit while listening to those faggots.

ADD
11-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Holy Mountain
Holy Mountain
Sleep

DethMaiden
11-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Kickstart My Heart
The Anatomy Of
Between the Buried and Me

:eyes:

ravenheart
11-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Heavy Heart
White Sugar
Joanne Shaw Taylor

ADD
11-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Kickstart My Heart
The Anatomy Of

Haha that's cool.

Queen of the Deep
Phenomenon
UFO

JRA
11-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Empathological Necroticism
Symphonies of Sickness
Carcass

mastodon421
11-10-2009, 01:42 PM
The Black River
Gods Of The Earth
The Sword

ravenheart
11-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Slave To The Grind
Get Dead
Age of Evil

JRA
11-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Fear of the Dark
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

SomewhereInTime72
11-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Nightfall by the Shore of Time
Skydancer
Dark Tranquillity

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Black Future
Black Future
Vektor

So god-damned good. Great new band. And to think I almost played a show with them :(

DethMaiden
11-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Adam's Murmur
Traced in Air
Cynic

I love how in one chorus it's "healing Adam's murmur" and another it's "healing atoms murmur". Two totally different things sung the same. I love Cynic so much.

Natrlhi
11-10-2009, 06:45 PM
The Black River
Gods Of The Earth
The Sword

So good. So much fun. Awesome band. :fist:

IrritatedTrout
11-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Faithless
Snakes & Arrows
Rush

Really like the lyrics to this one.

rjturtle9
11-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Black Future
Black Future
Vektor

So god-damned good. Great new band. And to think I almost played a show with them :(

:rocker: these guys kick too much ass!

Fires Of Sedition
11-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Kickstart My Heart
The Anatomy Of

I didn't know they covered a Motley Crue song.

Shadowfear
Impressions In Blood
Vader

SomewhereInTime72
11-11-2009, 06:55 AM
Black Future
Black Future
Vektor

Heyoo, one of the guys from this band posts on another forum I go to. :cool: They know how to bring the metal.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-11-2009, 07:00 AM
:rocker: these guys kick too much ass!

Heyoo, one of the guys from this band posts on another forum I go to. :cool: They know how to bring the metal.

Agreed :shred:

Back In The Village
Powerslave
Iron Maiden

Natrlhi
11-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Impure
Necropolis
Vader

Nice chorus riff - simple, but driving. Awesome song / album. Gearing up for the show tomorrow night. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Indestructible
11-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Death in Fire
Versus The World
Amon amarth

IrritatedTrout
11-11-2009, 09:19 AM
The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
Brave New World
Iron Maiden

"Aww, I fuckin missed it!"

Fires Of Sedition
11-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Impure
Necropolis
Vader

Nice chorus riff - simple, but driving. Awesome song / album. Gearing up for the show tomorrow night. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Try to get all the setlists!

One More Magic Potion
Victory Songs
Ensiferum

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Impure
Necropolis
Vader

One of my favorites of the new one :rocker:

Let The Knife Do The Talking
Virus
Hypocrisy

DethMaiden
11-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Ants of the Sky
Colors

mankvill
11-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Building A Man
Quantos Possunt Ad Satanitatem Trahunt
Gorgoroth

Building on me...sounds better than Gaahl-era.

JRA
11-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Welcome To The Terrordome
Fear of a Black Planet
Public Enemy

DethMaiden
11-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Cemetery Gates
Cowboys from Hell
Pantera

Probably one of my twenty-five or so favorite songs ever. :light:

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Beheading And Burning
Evisceration Plague
Cannibal Corpse

:shred:

mankvill
11-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Born In Flames
The Halls Of Eternity
Ancient

A black metal day. If Emperor sounded like this, I think it would've been better.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Eve Of Seduction
Paradise Lost
Symphony-X

This album is so fucking good, still can listen to it start to finish 20 times :rocker:

Maiden33
11-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Eve Of Seduction
Paradise Lost
Symphony-X

This album is so fucking good, still can listen to it start to finish 20 times :rocker:

I still find that album really underwhelming, but I think that's easily the second best track on it, one of the 3 I find to be great. It really is just Symphony X playing down their melodic epicness and bringing up their tuned-down chugga-chugga riffing. It's blatantly obvious that Mike Romeo wrote the entire album musically, aside from the title track. I'm really hoping the next album is more in the vein of their previous stuff.

Maiden33
11-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Song For America
Always Never the Same
Kansas

:wow:
Orchestral version = amazing.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-11-2009, 07:02 PM
I still find that album really underwhelming, but I think that's easily the second best track on it, one of the 3 I find to be great. It really is just Symphony X playing down their melodic epicness and bringing up their tuned-down chugga-chugga riffing. It's blatantly obvious that Mike Romeo wrote the entire album musically, aside from the title track. I'm really hoping the next album is more in the vein of their previous stuff.

I don't know, it's personally my favorite really *puts up shield*

I totally get what you're saying, it's just I think they blended the chugga chugga riffage well with the prog, although it is blatant that the chugga-ness overpowered the "epic" feel such as V and DWOT. I just thought it was brutally heavy while maintaining so much beauty and progness.

The Fire And The Fury
Burning Earth
Firewind

Get out of Ozzy :bouville:

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Dead Sound Of Misery
A Twist In The Myth
Blind Guardian

I don't know whether I like this or Fly more. But they're both so god-damned amazing/kickass it doesn't matter :D

Maiden33
11-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Dead Sound Of Misery
A Twist In The Myth
Blind Guardian

I don't know whether I like this or Fly more. But they're both so god-damned amazing/kickass it doesn't matter :D

If Twist is your favorite BG album, that'll make you 2 for 2 on the fail-list today. :D

Miracles Out of Nowhere
Always Never the Same
Kansas

:bowdown:

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-11-2009, 07:22 PM
If Twist is your favorite BG album, that'll make you 2 for 2 on the fail-list today. :D

Look broman, Twist is absurdly unique for power metal. SO much of power metal is the same lyrics, same chord progression, same riffage. I still love it, so I'm not saying if you listen to it you're stupid or nothing (I'll repeat, I do myself :D).

That being said, it's really cool to see power metal that isn't like that, and since "Imaginations" (THAT of which is my favorite BG album which I think I've told you ;)) Blind Guardian have always been incredibly different, something I admire and respect tremendously. I think everything since "Imaginations" for the most part has been fucking awesome and unique to a degree, compared to stellar power metal being released year after year.

Within The Solace
Seasons Of Tragedy
Benedictum

illninoese
11-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Ogeechee Hymnal
Baroness
Blue Record

Maiden33
11-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Look broman, Twist is absurdly unique for power metal. SO much of power metal is the same lyrics, same chord progression, same riffage. I still love it, so I'm not saying if you listen to it you're stupid or nothing (I'll repeat, I do myself :D).

That being said, it's really cool to see power metal that isn't like that, and since "Imaginations" (THAT of which is my favorite BG album which I think I've told you ;)) Blind Guardian have always been incredibly different, something I admire and respect tremendously. I think everything since "Imaginations" for the most part has been fucking awesome and unique to a degree, compared to stellar power metal being released year after year.

No real argument about Twist being the most unique Blind Guardian album, I just find it to be a fuckton less memorable than most of their other albums. It's good, very good actually, definitely a whole bunch of songs I really enjoy, and I hardly view it any such way as to bash it or openly criticize it. That being said, I don't think it produced any amazing classics. There's no Imaginations, there's no Mirror Mirror, no Into the Storm, no Bard's Song, no lost in the Twilight Hall, and every other BG album has at least one or two of those, even the first two have Valhalla and Majesty.
But yeah, Blind Guardian have always been a very unique band, very progressive in the sense that they have never stayed complacent and grounded in one exact style, they're always trying new things while staying true to their general sound.
But on the subject of power metal in general, it's a dead genre. Even I, an old fanboy who loved it to death, has given up on it. Straight power metal is dead, if not just struggling for survival at all. All the bands that once made it great (with less than 5 exceptions I can think of) have either moved onto other styles (for better or worse), or stagnated completely and are incapable of producing anything memorable or great anymore.

mankvill
11-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Legion
Dismember
Dismember

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-11-2009, 08:34 PM
No real argument about Twist being the most unique Blind Guardian album, I just find it to be a fuckton less memorable than most of their other albums. It's good, very good actually, definitely a whole bunch of songs I really enjoy, and I hardly view it any such way as to bash it or openly criticize it. That being said, I don't think it produced any amazing classics. There's no Imaginations, there's no Mirror Mirror, no Into the Storm, no Bard's Song, no lost in the Twilight Hall, and every other BG album has at least one or two of those, even the first two have Valhalla and Majesty.
But yeah, Blind Guardian have always been a very unique band, very progressive in the sense that they have never stayed complacent and grounded in one exact style, they're always trying new things while staying true to their general sound.
But on the subject of power metal in general, it's a dead genre. Even I, an old fanboy who loved it to death, has given up on it. Straight power metal is dead, if not just struggling for survival at all. All the bands that once made it great (with less than 5 exceptions I can think of) have either moved onto other styles (for better or worse), or stagnated completely and are incapable of producing anything memorable or great anymore.

Ah, the way you made it seem was that it was a bad album. I'd have to disagree that it produced no classics though. While they may not have been "Mirror Mirror"'s or "Imaginations"'s, their were most certainly tracks that were memorable and eligible to be classics, "This Will Never End", "Fly", "Straight Through The Mirror", "Another Stranger Me", maybe it's just me but I think that album is full of em (as much as any other after Imaginations).

I don't really consider it a dead genre, because to be that much of a harsh critic would mean most of metal is dead then. It could be applied to any genre of metal. Thrash metal used to be my favorite genre of metal (still kind of is, but I digress), and about some months ago I was really getting irked with the releases (or should I say lack of) that were being released, I lost hope. But some bands still bring it (Warbringer, Vektor, Bonded By Blood), and while most just deliver the usual stale material, it's the old ones that still deliver/the few new ones who do as well. So I don't really think it's a dying genre, just that out of 500 only 10 (if that) really stand out, so then go on overload with those 10 then :D. This applies to all genres of metal for me, I just chose thrash cause I can relate a wee bit better :shred:

Maiden33
11-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Ah, the way you made it seem was that it was a bad album. I'd have to disagree that it produced no classics though. While they may not have been "Mirror Mirror"'s or "Imaginations"'s, their were most certainly tracks that were memorable and eligible to be classics, "This Will Never End", "Fly", "Straight Through The Mirror", "Another Stranger Me", maybe it's just me but I think that album is full of em (as much as any other after Imaginations).

I don't really consider it a dead genre, because to be that much of a harsh critic would mean most of metal is dead then. It could be applied to any genre of metal. Thrash metal used to be my favorite genre of metal (still kind of is, but I digress), and about some months ago I was really getting irked with the releases (or should I say lack of) that were being released, I lost hope. But some bands still bring it (Warbringer, Vektor, Bonded By Blood), and while most just deliver the usual stale material, it's the old ones that still deliver/the few new ones who do as well. So I don't really think it's a dying genre, just that out of 500 only 10 (if that) really stand out, so then go on overload with those 10 then :D. This applies to all genres of metal for me, I just chose thrash cause I can relate a wee bit better :shred:

A) On the subject of Twist, the failure of any of those songs being established as "classics" probably also had a lot to do with how little of the album they played on the general tour. Only 3 songs from the album at the show I saw (only 15 songs total was too few, to be honest). Any time you either don't see a band on a tour for an album or they don't play much of it live, it tends to just pass less noticed. Bottom line is that I think next tour will come around, and the most tracks they'll be doing off Twist is one, I'd reckon Fly. And most fans won't have any problem with that, because given the comparison of nearly any song on Twist to nearly any "classic" BG song, almost all fans would take an older song. Not out of principle that it's older, but it's just what they want to hear more.

B) On the subject of Power Metal, I gotta elaborate I guess. I really do believe power metal, in the strict sense, is indeed, dead, or near-death. The grand majority of all the once-great power metal bands have either broken up/faded into oblivion, started playing other styles of music, for better or worse (ie Edguy, Nocturnal Rites, Sonata Arctica), or started to stagnate to one degree or another and are seemingly incapable of producing anything worth more than a first listen (Hammerfall, Stratovarius, Primal Fear to a lesser extent). There are only a very, very small number of bands left that still play traditional power metal and don't suck at it, Gamma Ray and Blind Guardian being the two most prominent in my mind. The problem is that BG can't be expected to put out a new album more than once every 4 years and don't really tour all that much, so they're hardly an active "player". And frankly the last Gamma Ray album was probably my least favorite they've done with Kai on vocals, so who knows what's down that road. The last two Firewind albums were both very solid (I loved Allegiance a lot actually), but again, it seems like they might be sending themselves into a rut creatively. It's just not very pleasant overall.
This is pretty much the sole reason why the past year or so has seen a complete genre shift for myself. I really gave up on most of these former power metal giants (at least gave up on the hopes of them making great power metal), and turned my attention to the world of Progressive Metal. Granted, some of it is certainly what you'd call a Prog/Power hybrid, but bands like Pagan's Mind, Redemption, Circus Maximus, Seventh Wonder, Evergrey, Vanden Plas, Royal Hunt, Vision Divine, and Cornerstone are the only bands around these days that seem to be producing some of their best work. It's actually still really interesting for me to listen to their albums, I feel like they're not just flogging the same dead horse endlessly, or trying to work outside of their box and failing at it.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-11-2009, 09:12 PM
A) On the subject of Twist, the failure of any of those songs being established as "classics" probably also had a lot to do with how little of the album they played on the general tour. Only 3 songs from the album at the show I saw (only 15 songs total was too few, to be honest). Any time you either don't see a band on a tour for an album or they don't play much of it live, it tends to just pass less noticed. Bottom line is that I think next tour will come around, and the most tracks they'll be doing off Twist is one, I'd reckon Fly. And most fans won't have any problem with that, because given the comparison of nearly any song on Twist to nearly any "classic" BG song, almost all fans would take an older song. Not out of principle that it's older, but it's just what they want to hear more.

B) On the subject of Power Metal, I gotta elaborate I guess. I really do believe power metal, in the strict sense, is indeed, dead, or near-death. The grand majority of all the once-great power metal bands have either broken up/faded into oblivion, started playing other styles of music, for better or worse (ie Edguy, Nocturnal Rites, Sonata Arctica), or started to stagnate to one degree or another and are seemingly incapable of producing anything worth more than a first listen (Hammerfall, Stratovarius, Primal Fear to a lesser extent). There are only a very, very small number of bands left that still play traditional power metal and don't suck at it, Gamma Ray and Blind Guardian being the two most prominent in my mind. The problem is that BG can't be expected to put out a new album more than once every 4 years and don't really tour all that much, so they're hardly an active "player". And frankly the last Gamma Ray album was probably my least favorite they've done with Kai on vocals, so who knows what's down that road. The last two Firewind albums were both very solid (I loved Allegiance a lot actually), but again, it seems like they might be sending themselves into a rut creatively. It's just not very pleasant overall.
This is pretty much the sole reason why the past year or so has seen a complete genre shift for myself. I really gave up on most of these former power metal giants (at least gave up on the hopes of them making great power metal), and turned my attention to the world of Progressive Metal. Granted, some of it is certainly what you'd call a Prog/Power hybrid, but bands like Pagan's Mind, Redemption, Circus Maximus, Seventh Wonder, Evergrey, Vanden Plas, Royal Hunt, Vision Divine, and Cornerstone are the only bands around these days that seem to be producing some of their best work. It's actually still really interesting for me to listen to their albums, I feel like they're not just flogging the same dead horse endlessly, or trying to work outside of their box and failing at it.

A) That is a factor to be considered, and being that I never saw them live (:bouville:) I am not too familiar with their setlists for the Twist touring cycle. But regardless, while an older song might be more prominent to include, I think being able to hear a track from Twist would definitely be a nice addition, granted if they were to start touring more in general.

B) While I do think that those bands that you mentioned are going down those roads, as you pointed out, Gamma Ray and Blind Guardian I feel are still very strong musically, granted one doesn't tour that much and the other's last album is arguably the least best (with Kai on vox). The prog bands you mentioned are indeed at the height of their careers or doing pretty damn well close to that (didn't know you listened to Vanden Plas :rocker:) but on that same token LOTS of prog bands are just like ugh (e.g. Queensryche, Epica, Voivod, Therion). There are always two sides, just depends where you look in my opinion. But there will always be more stale/unoriginal/eh bands than WOAH bands, so it'll be a mean ratio.

Fires Of Sedition
11-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Papyrus Containing The Spell To Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks From He Who Is In The Water
Ithyphallic
Nile

This song kicks balls.

ADD
11-11-2009, 11:43 PM
I Can Understand It
Lookin For a Love
Bobby Womack

Natrlhi
11-12-2009, 05:37 AM
Welcome To The Terrordome
Fear of a Black Planet
Public Enemy

:fist:

JRA
11-12-2009, 08:29 AM
I Can Understand It
Lookin For a Love
Bobby Womack

Holy crap, people under 40 do still listen to him. :hecho:

A Passage To Bangkok (live)
Exit...Stage Left
Rush

Maiden33
11-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Mark of the Triangle
In Search of Truth
Evergrey

Still not only my favorite Evergrey album, but one of the best albums I've ever heard.

JRA
11-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Terminal Spirit Disease
Terminal Spirit Disease
At The Gates

Fires Of Sedition
11-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Black Fire Upon Us
Dethalbum II
Dethklok

2 days!

Maiden33
11-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Torn
Live @ TV4 - 10/15/08
Evergrey

Still one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. This is just incredible.

SomewhereInTime72
11-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Paradigm Shift (Election Day 2008)
Jazz in the Garden
Stanley Clarke Trio

Acoustic jazz trio of Hiromi + 2 members of Return to Forever with heavy emphasis on upright bass? Yeah this is pretty awesome. :cool:

mankvill
11-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Aneuthanasia
Quantos Possunt Ad Satanitatem Trahunt
Gorgoroth

:light:

JRA
11-12-2009, 11:29 AM
The Druid
Holy Mountain
Sleep

JRA
11-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Rays on Pinion
Red Album
Baroness

SomewhereInTime72
11-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Under The Bridge
Jazz in the Garden
Stanley Clarke Trio

Interesting cover. :cool:

JRA
11-12-2009, 11:40 AM
The Birthing
Red Album
Baroness

edit: from 2:03 on- :eek:

Natrlhi
11-12-2009, 11:55 AM
The Birthing
Red Album
Baroness

edit: from 2:03 on- :eek:

Fuckin' A right. They do a pretty got damn good job of it live, too. :rocker:

DethMaiden
11-12-2009, 11:57 AM
The Night and the Silent Water
Morningrise
Opeth

Fires Of Sedition
11-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Omnishred (We're Gonna Need A Bigger Sword)
Metal Kombat For The Mortal Man
Powerglove

mastodon421
11-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Last Breath
The Onslaught
Lazarus A.D

I am very sad that this album proably wont make my top 10 this year. It deserves and most years it would place in the top 10 but with the high quality of the music this year I dont think it will happen.

mankvill
11-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Fury Whip
Death Is This Communion
High On Fire

:stoned:

JRA
11-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Wanderlust
Red Album
Baroness

Not really feeling this song.

JRA
11-12-2009, 04:00 PM
O'Appalachia
Red Album
Baroness

ADD
11-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Slaughter In a Grave
Rrr÷÷÷aaarrr
Voivod

:headoff: :evil:

ADD
11-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Holy crap, people under 40 do still listen to him. :hecho:

:flame:

To The Death
Rrr÷÷÷aaarrr
Voivod

:mad:

JRA
11-12-2009, 05:17 PM
:flame:

Truth be told, it's more bitterness that last year he was inducted into the rock & roll Hall Of Fame as opposed to countless far more worthy rock bands; Rush, Deep Purple and Judas Priest being three of them. I figure the only reason why Womack was inducted was because those baby-boomer scum were scrambling for artists from their time so they wouldn't have to consider any 70's rock bands that scared them.

Maggot Colony
Reek of Putrefaction
Carcass

mankvill
11-12-2009, 05:24 PM
The Usurper (Celtic Frost cover)
The Art Of Self Defense
High on Fire

Every band should be required to cover Celtic Frost.

JRA
11-12-2009, 05:34 PM
The Usurper (Celtic Frost cover)
The Art Of Self Defense
High on Fire

Every band should be required to cover Celtic Frost.

This. Damn!

PowerMaiden
11-12-2009, 06:12 PM
CHEMICAL WARFAAAAAAAAAAAARE !!!!

WARFARE !

mankvill
11-12-2009, 06:16 PM
CHEMICAL WARFAAAAAAAAAAAARE !!!!

WARFARE !

THE FINAL SWING IS NOT A DRILL
IT'S HOW MANY PEOPLE I CAN KILL!

PowerMaiden
11-12-2009, 06:24 PM
yeah !!!!

Np - Necrophiliac

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-12-2009, 06:26 PM
THE FINAL SWING IS NOT A DRILL
IT'S HOW MANY PEOPLE I CAN KILL!

That's War Ensemble :eyes:

PowerMaiden
11-12-2009, 06:29 PM
:lol:

mankvill
11-12-2009, 06:29 PM
That's War Ensemble :eyes:

Man.

...man.

god damnit

PowerMaiden
11-12-2009, 06:31 PM
try again ...

Dance With The Dead In My Dreams .....

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mankvill
11-12-2009, 06:32 PM
try again ...

Dance With The Dead In My Dreams .....

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

YEAH!

MONARCH TO THE KINGDOM OF THE DEAD! :shred:

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-12-2009, 06:44 PM

Still, it's Slayer :shred:

PowerMaiden
11-12-2009, 06:46 PM

:blaze:

PowerMaiden
11-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Children Of The Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnned !!!!

DethMaiden
11-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Hammer Smashed Face
Tomb of the Mutilated
Cannibal Corpse

Whoa, this is pretty rad. :blaze: I had always overlooked them for some reason.

mankvill
11-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Bloodline
God Hates Us All
Slayer

Not the worst song...

TonyD
11-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Wanderlust
Red Album
Baroness

Not really feeling this song.

You will be.
You will be.

Grenades
Meanderthal
Torche

mankvill
11-12-2009, 08:31 PM
gee it sure is fucking sludge around here

Devoured By Vermin
Vile
Cannibal Corpse

Natrlhi
11-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Grenades
Meanderthal
Torche

Natrlhi
11-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Fury Whip
Death Is This Communion
High On Fire

:stoned:

:party::rocker::party:

ADD
11-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Under My Thumb
First Daze Here
Pentagram

The Stones wish they rocked this hard :horns: :allan:

ADD
11-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Faster Than the Speed of Light
Wiped Out
Raven

"EINSTEIN WAS WRONG!!" :lol:

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :party: :shred:

Maiden33
11-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Blackened Dawn
A Night to Remember: live in Gothenberg
Evergrey

Fires Of Sedition
11-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Clenching The Fists Of Dissent
The Blackening
Machine Head

Can't wait to see songs from The Blackening played live finally. Got to see Aesthetics Of Hate before the album was released though.

DethMaiden
11-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Locked and Loaded
Resurrection
Halford

Can't overstate the importance of this album in my formative metalhead years. :horns:

SomewhereInTime72
11-13-2009, 07:39 AM
All My Life
Silent Letter
America

DethMaiden
11-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Silent Screams
Resurrection
Halford

This song in particular. Still one of the best metal songs, period. :light:

DethMaiden
11-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Siberian Divide
Blood Mountain
Mastodon

Working on a top ten for the decade, so naturally I have to listen to a couple of the sure things. :rocker:

IrritatedTrout
11-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Iron Maiden
BBC Archives
Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden's gonna get ya no matter how far.:rocker:

DethMaiden
11-13-2009, 09:47 AM
The Cryptic Stench
Tomb of the Mutilated
Cannibal Corpse

:rocker: :rocker: This is great.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Suffer Age
Soul Of A New Machine
Fear Factory

This is fucking awesome. I think I kind of like this more than there industrial stuff. Even though the latter is still pretty good.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Children Of The Damned
The Number Of The Beast
Iron Maiden

:bliss:

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-13-2009, 10:50 AM
The Village Of Dwarves
Dawn Of Victory
Rhapsody Of Fire

So folk-y. Kickass! :dance:

mastodon421
11-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Blackened
...And Justice For All
Metallica

DethMaiden
11-13-2009, 11:09 AM
The Angel and the Gambler
Virtual XI
Iron Maiden

:cool:

DethMaiden
11-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Disease, Injury, Madness
The Great Misdirect

Fuck, this album is perfect.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Scorched Earth
Waking Into Nightmares
Warbringer

mankvill
11-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Gunpoint Stoicism
Erased From The Memory Of Man
Watchmaker

What Converge wishes they could be! :shred:

JRA
11-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Dreamer Deceiver
Sad Wings of Destiny
Judas Priest

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-13-2009, 01:27 PM
No Man's Land
Passiondale
God Dethroned

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

DethMaiden
11-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Karn Evil 9: 3rd Impression
Brain Salad Surgery
Emerson, Lake & Palmer

God, 70s prog was such a perfect storm. I don't know how there was ever such a consistently amazing movement. We'll never see the likes of it again.

mastodon421
11-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Desert Of Song
The Great Misdirect
Between The Buried And Me

mankvill
11-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Isa
Isa
Enslaved

Hmm...

JRA
11-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Holy fuck! Now THIS is a modern pop song that rules!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLyPZFlvTpk&feature=fvw

Maiden33
11-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Closed Eyes
The Dark Discovery
Evergrey

The highlight of their debut, methinks. This is really a pretty great album material-wise, it just suffers from weaker production and vocals.

Maiden33
11-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Recreation Day
Recreation Day
Evergrey

An absolute emotional assault. Arguably their crowning achievement.

JRA
11-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Desecration of Souls
Don't Break The Oath
Mercyful Fate

FUCK! I've had the intro riff stuck in my head for the past three days!

PowerMaiden
11-13-2009, 06:01 PM
In The Flesh ?
The Wall
Pink Floyd

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
11-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Dogs
Animals
Pink Floyd

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Spiral_Slave
11-14-2009, 07:03 AM
Your Gaulish War
Spirit
Eluveitie

ChildrenofSodom
11-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Home is Where the Hatred Is
Gil Scott Heron

This is some smooth shit.

SomewhereInTime72
11-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Mr. Torture
The Dark Ride
Helloween

:rocker: :party:

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Mr. Torture
The Dark Ride
Helloween

:rocker: :party:

MR. TORTURE GIVES PAIN, WITH HIS WHIPS AND HIS CHAINS, HE KNOWS JUST WHAT TO BRING, MR. TORTURE!!!

Night Falls Fast
Rise Of The Tyrant
Arch Enemy

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-14-2009, 10:43 AM
For Whom The Bell Tolls
S&M
Metallica

If only this album had better vocals, it would be so ridiculously good. It still is pretty much up there though :D

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Night Crawler
Painkiller
Judas Priest

DethMaiden
11-14-2009, 10:48 AM
A Change of Seasons
A Change of Seasons
Dream Theater

SomewhereInTime72
11-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Salvation
The Dark Ride
Helloween

:party: :party: This album is so good.

DethMaiden
11-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Salvation
The Dark Ride
Helloween

:party: :party: This album is so good.

It justifies the existence of a Kiske and Hansen-less Helloween, more or less.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-14-2009, 10:56 AM
At The Left Hand Ov God
The Apostasy
Behemoth

I don't know how it could get more epic than this. Even though that's kind of a lie, Ov Fire and Lucifer strongly compete with this....I love Behemoth so much :horns:

SomewhereInTime72
11-14-2009, 11:01 AM
It justifies the existence of a Kiske and Hansen-less Helloween, more or less.

That's some strong wording but you're essentially right. Post-Kiske Helloween have a few good albums, but none that really compete whatsoever with the earlier stuff as much as The Dark Ride does. It would easily make it's way onto a list of my top 20 power metal albums. :) :bliss:

We Damn The Night
The Dark Ride
Helloween

:party: :party:

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Little Boy
M-16
Sodom

Natrlhi
11-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Jambi
10,000 Days
Tool

Quite possibly their best song ever.

:finger:Mankvill:finger:

mankvill
11-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Integral Birth
Traced In Air
Cynic

So. Um. Why didn't I know about this band until this year?

mastodon421
11-14-2009, 02:37 PM
At The Left Hand Ov God
The Apostasy
Behemoth

I don't know how it could get more epic than this. Even though that's kind of a lie, Ov Fire and Lucifer strongly compete with this....I love Behemoth so much :horns:

I think Ov Fire And The Void is their most epic song. The intro to the song makes me feel like going into a massive battle.

Dead Embryonic Cells
Arise
Sepultura

Indestructible
11-14-2009, 03:53 PM
crash course in brain surgery
Garage,inc.(CD2)
Metallica

Natrlhi
11-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Integral Birth
Traced In Air
Cynic

So. Um. Why didn't I know about this band until this year?

Because you don't always listen to people who try to tell you what good metal is (or is it "what is good metal"?). Anyway, you're getting better. Slowly. Now go obtain yourself a copy of Blue Record by Baroness and quit fucking around. :allan:

mankvill
11-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Because you don't always listen to people who try to tell you what good metal is (or is it "what is good metal"?). Anyway, you're getting better. Slowly. Now go obtain yourself a copy of Blue Record by Baroness and quit fucking around. :allan:

Fuck youuuuu!!! :finger:

Natrlhi
11-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Fuck youuuuu!!! :finger:

...and that's why you didn't know about Cynic until now.

See you in 2012 when you realize Baroness rocks balls.

EDIT:

:bigfinger

idrinkwine732
11-14-2009, 08:26 PM
For real man, Baroness is fucking amazing.

Jotun
Whoracle
In Flames

JRA
11-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Crownless
Wishmaster
Nightwish

I can't be the only person who think this fucking rules...

JRA
11-14-2009, 09:16 PM
The Pharoah Sails To Orion
Oceanborn
Nightwish

Now here's a song that needs to come back. They can get Marco do something representing the lower register vocals, right?

Maiden33
11-14-2009, 09:40 PM
In Remembrance
Monday Morning Apocalypse
Evergrey

Well, here's a song on this album that actually rules more than it sucks.

Div
11-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Possessed with hellish torment
I master magics five
I master magics five
Hunting the abyss lord
Hunting the abyss lord
Only one will stay alive
Only one will stay alive

:punk::punk::punk:

mankvill
11-14-2009, 11:05 PM
I master magics five
I master magics five
Hunting the abyss lord
Hunting the abyss lord
Only one will stay alive
Only one will stay alive

:punk::punk::punk:

crossing my fingers.

SomewhereInTime72
11-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Kissing The Shadows
Follow The Reaper
Children of Bodom

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Maiden33
11-15-2009, 09:37 AM
The legend of Huma
Resurrection
Dungeon

:rocker::rocker::rocker:
Their best song? I think so.

JRA
11-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Unholy
Killbox 13
Overkill

JRA
11-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Struck Down
Killbox 13
Overkill

Actually, maybe this is the best song on here.

SomewhereInTime72
11-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Dog One
Pieces of the Sun
Tony Levin

Maiden33
11-15-2009, 10:10 AM
The Hunger
One Step Beyond
Dungeon

One of my favorite "half-ballads" of all-time.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Sunlight Moonlight
Communion
Septic Flesh

DethMaiden
11-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Black and White World
Snowfall on Judgment Day
Redemption

:bowdown: Song of the year?

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Mordred's Song
Imaginations From The Other Side
Blind Guardian

1st Blind Guardian song I ever heard and it still has the same effect on me to this day :bowdown::drool::horns:

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-15-2009, 11:48 AM
The Dungeons Are Calling
The Dungeons Are Calling
Savatage

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Time Immemorial
The Incurable Tragedy
Into Eternity

mastodon421
11-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Body Farm
The Harvest Floor
Cattle Decapitation

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Smoke And Mirrors
Twilight In Olympus
Symphony-X

:drool: I cannot wait to see these guys again.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Black Star
Swansong
Carcass

So groovy :)

DethMaiden
11-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Black Star
Swansong
Carcass

Damn straight, son. :cool:

The Sky Moves Sideways (Phase One)
The Sky Moves Sideways
Porcupine Tree

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-15-2009, 12:55 PM

The Sky Moves Sideways (Phase One)
The Sky Moves Sideways
Porcupine Tree

I love Swansong, it's so different from their other stuff and while it's really more mainstream, it's catchy as fuck :cool:

Raining Blood
Impressions In Blood
Vader

Best Slayer cover ever.

Natrlhi
11-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Black Star
Swansong
Carcass

Agreed, but the band who invented grindcore and made songs like "Exhume to Consume" just should not have evolved into this.

It's like two different bands, both named Carcass. Ya know?

DethMaiden
11-15-2009, 12:59 PM
I love Swansong, it's so different from their other stuff and while it's really more mainstream, it's catchy as fuck :cool:

Yeah, they did "Keep on Rotting in the Free World" when I saw them live and it was actually the best song of the night. So much fun energy on that album.

The Moon Touches Your Shoulder
The Sky Moves Sideways
Porcupine Tree

Natrlhi
11-15-2009, 12:59 PM

Raining Blood
Impressions In Blood
Vader

Best Slayer cover ever.

:agree:

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Yeah, they did "Keep on Rotting in the Free World" when I saw them live and it was actually the best song of the night. So much fun energy on that album.

That song is kickass, I don't doubt it was up there if not the best. Big mistake of mine not to go see them when I had the chance :(

To Nat: Yeah man, I hear ya. Thing is I have to be frank and state I have some bias because I don't really like their grindcore stuff much at all, I pretty much like Michael Amott stuff and onwards. But still, they are two different bands, yes :agree:. And to the Vader comment, :rocker:

Release From Agony
Thrash Anthems
Destruction

My favorite of the Teutonic three? :hmm:

Natrlhi
11-15-2009, 01:13 PM
To Nat: Yeah man, I hear ya. Thing is I have to be frank and state I have some bias because I don't really like their grindcore stuff much at all, I pretty much like Michael Amott stuff and onwards. But still, they are two different bands, yes :agree:.
Right on. To each his own. :fist:

Release From Agony
Thrash Anthems
Destruction

My favorite of the Teutonic three? :hmm:
I assume the version of "Release from Agony" you cited above is the same version as on the album of the same title? That whole album is fucking phenomenal. Destruction fucking rules (or did, from roughly 1985-1990).

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Right on. To each his own. :fist:

I assume the version of "Release from Agony" you cited above is the same version as on the album of the same title? That whole album is fucking phenomenal. Destruction fucking rules (or did, from roughly 1985-1990).

Yezzir :agree:. And no, it's on the album Thrash Anthems, but yes the song is the same, just re-recorded (in my opinion, slightly better too ;)). Destruction wrote ridiculously good tracks back then, and the re-union with Schmier was a total win except for D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N. :(

The Pursuit Of Vikings
Fate Of Norns
Amon Amarth

:cool:

JRA
11-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Agreed, but the band who invented grindcore and made songs like "Exhume to Consume" just should not have evolved into this.

It's like two different bands, both named Carcass. Ya know?

I see. So you're one of "those" people, huh.;)

Make Them Suffer
Kill
Cannibal Corpse

makethemsuffer12
11-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Halloween
Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 1
Helloween

JRA
11-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Shatter Their Bones
Evisceration Plague
Cannibal Corpse

makethemsuffer12
11-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Shatter Their Bones
Evisceration Plague
Cannibal Corpse

RAVENOUS! SAVAGES! THEY'LL TEAR YOU APART! THEY'LL EAT YOUR FUCKIN' GUTS AND YOUR BRAINS!!!

Natrlhi
11-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I see. So you're one of "those" people, huh.;)
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but probably the answer to your question is "no". I don't hate all new Carcass and love all old Carcass. I'm just saying that they sound like two separate bands, and the person who I was speaking to concurred.

I do prefer Symphonies of Sickness, though (no big shocker there).

DethMaiden
11-15-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but probably the answer to your question is "no". I don't hate all new Carcass and love all old Carcass. I'm just saying that they sound like two separate bands, and the person who I was speaking to concurred.

Carcass' career, chronologically, is shaped like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8c/Standard_deviation_diagram.svg/400px-Standard_deviation_diagram.svg.png

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-15-2009, 03:49 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8c/Standard_deviation_diagram.svg/400px-Standard_deviation_diagram.svg.png

mastodon421
11-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Shatter Their Bones
Evisceration Plague
Cannibal Corpse

I fucking love that song my fave off Evisceration Plague.

Lounge Act
Nevermind
Nirvana

Maiden33
11-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Crawling From Hell
Masterplan
Masterplan

:rocker: :rocker:

JRA
11-15-2009, 04:56 PM

My question hath been answered.

Maiden33
11-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Still Alive
Grand Illusion
Nocturnal Rites

This album would be about 10x better if it had a real drum sound instead of an electronic one. God damn it gets annoying if you really start to listen to it.

Maiden33
11-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Golden Dawn
Mandrake
Edguy

:rocker::rocker:
Oh, what this band used to be. :(

JRA
11-15-2009, 07:17 PM
RAVENOUS! SAVAGES! THEY'LL TEAR YOU APART! THEY'LL EAT YOUR FUCKIN' GUTS AND YOUR BRAINS!!!

SOMEHOW THEY CONTINUE TO BURN!!!

Symposium of Sickness
Necroticism- Descanting The Insalubrious
Carcass

illninoese
11-15-2009, 07:23 PM

Both T and Z-tests can show a correlation between that graph and Carcass' career. I hope they get back together and record something.

Elegance In Aggression
Of Winter Born
Ignominious Incarceration

DethMaiden
11-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Both T and Z-tests can show a correlation between that graph and Carcass' career. I hope they get back together and record something.

Stats. :lovedup:

Maiden33
11-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Acid Rain
Rebirth
Angra

JRA
11-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Long Time Dyin
From The Underground & Below
Overkill

illninoese
11-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Stats. :lovedup:
Fuck stats. All the data and results go through some sort of bias so it is all pointless. AP Stat was the bane of my existence in my senior year of high school. Horrible teacher.........I know stats has some useful applications, but my hate for it blinds me from accepting that on some levels

Astronauts
Armin van Buuren

Maiden33
11-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Rollercoaster
Seven Seals
Primal Fear

:rocker::rocker:

IrritatedTrout
11-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah, they did "Keep on Rotting in the Free World" when I saw them live and it was actually the best song of the night.

Same here.

Maiden33
11-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Sapphire
The Fullness of Time
Redemption

:bowdown::drool:

Fires Of Sedition
11-16-2009, 12:02 AM
SOMEHOW THEY CONTINUE TO MARCH!!!

Fixed.

ravenheart
11-16-2009, 04:23 AM
Black Lung
All You Can Eat
Left Lane Cruiser

JRA
11-16-2009, 07:53 AM
Fixed.

:lol: Yea that's how I always hear it.

Blood Of My Enemies
Hail To England
Manowar

SomewhereInTime72
11-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Twilight of the Thunder God
Twilight of the Thunder God
Amon Amarth

:shred: :shred: :fist:

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Latitudinarian
On The Seventh Day God Created...Master
Master

Fires Of Sedition
11-16-2009, 10:13 AM
:lol: Yea that's how I always hear it.

Blood Of My Enemies
Hail To England
Manowar

Yeah..the first few times I heard it I thought it was "Ravenous soldiers" and "They'll eat your fuckin' corpse and your brains'

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Spiritual Healing
Spiritual Healing
Death

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Curse The Sun
Saurian Exorcisms
Karl Sanders

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Fields Of Despair
Sonic Firestorm
DragonForce

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Cyber World
Resurrection
Halford

JRA
11-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Wailing Wintry Wind
Red Album
Baroness

Jesus, only 2 minutes of riffing after all that? :hecho:

IrritatedTrout
11-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Read Between the Lies
South of Heaven
Slayer

DethMaiden
11-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Cyber World
Resurrection
Halford

:rocker: #9 album of the decade according to me. :D

Close to the Edge
Close to the Edge
Yes

Fourth time in two days. What, am I a sophomore in high school again?

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-16-2009, 12:36 PM

So I see there. A very good list overall :D

Black Dahlia
We've Come For You All
Anthrax

This song is 85% good because it has blast beats, and appropriately placed at that :D

ravenheart
11-16-2009, 12:46 PM

It'd make my list too.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Twisted Kind Of Fate
Tabula Rasa
Bloodbound

I wish there were a LITTLE bit more chugga-chugga ness (sorry Maiden33, the power choruses could use some grit ;))

ADD
11-16-2009, 12:53 PM
In Need
Grand Funk
Grand Funk Railroad

DethMaiden
11-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Sons of Northern Darkness
Sons of Northern Darkness
Immortal

I'm just gonna listen to my top 10 of the decade in reverse order starting now.

mastodon421
11-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Good Mourning/Black Friday
Peace Sells But Who's Buying?
Megadeth

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-16-2009, 01:44 PM
The Grand Conjuration
Ghost Reveries
Opeth

:drool:

DethMaiden
11-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Resurrection
Resurrection
Halford

Second album of this adventure. (Inspired by Jeff T. by the way :D)

DethMaiden
11-16-2009, 03:08 PM
No One Wished to Settle Here
The Ties That Blind
Mouth of the Architect

Third album! :fist:

mankvill
11-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Black City
Cold Steel For An Iron Age
Destroyer 666

not nearly enough breakdowns or brutal chugs imo

ADD
11-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Black City
Cold Steel For An Iron Age
Destroyer 666

not nearly enough breakdowns or brutal chugs imo

srsly

Hurricane
First Daze Here
Pentagram

DethMaiden
11-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Paschendale
Dance of Death
Iron Maiden

Album numero cinco. :cool:

Rmeiselman
11-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Headbanger Face Rip
The Art of Partying
Municipal Waste

SomewhereInTime72
11-16-2009, 11:32 PM
What Would It Take You To Drown
Emergency Response
Pete Davis

Fires Of Sedition
11-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Ten Ton Hammer
The More Things Change...
Machine Head

ravenheart
11-17-2009, 05:14 AM
Last of My Kind
Black Gives Way To Blue
Alice In Chains

ADD
11-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Eatin Dust
Eatin Dust
Fu Manchu

JRA
11-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Getting In Tune
Who's Next
The Who

The lyrics are "not about anything" yet they are so much better than most "serious introspective" songs.

DethMaiden
11-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Circle of Cysquatch
Blood Mountain
Mastodon

Getting close to the top of the list now. :rocker:

JRA
11-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Circle of Cysquatch
Blood Mountain
Mastodon

Getting close to the top of the list now. :rocker:

What do you hear in the second half of that song that I don't? Cos I've been struggling to find reasons that it isn't boring as fuck.

Behind Blue Eyes
Who's Next
The Who

DethMaiden
11-17-2009, 11:37 AM
What do you hear in the second half of that song that I don't? Cos I've been struggling to find reasons that it isn't boring as fuck.

INCISORS
THOUGHT TO BE
SKULLS OF US
OUR RELEASE

Best part of the song apart from the intro riff. :)

mankvill
11-17-2009, 11:44 AM
INCISORS
THOUGHT TO BE
SKULLS OF US
OUR RELEASE

For some reason, reminded me of:

Foul Body Autopsy
Onset Of Putrefaction
Necrophagist

SLICING
BISECTING
INCISING
THE STIIIIIIIIFFFFFF

IrritatedTrout
11-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
BBC Archives
Iron Maiden

Spiral_Slave
11-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Opulent Maelstrom
Zero Order Phase
Jeff Loomis

DethMaiden
11-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Sun of Nothing
Colors

Mmmm. #4!

Natrlhi
11-17-2009, 12:45 PM
INCISORS
THOUGHT TO BE
SKULLS OF US
OUR RELEASE

Best part of the song apart from the intro riff. :)

Y'know, that part of the song is dangerously close to being a breakdown, just in terms of pure definitions of what a breakdown is...

I'm not judgin', I'm just sayin'... ;)

Natrlhi
11-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Sun of Nothing
Colors

Mmmm. #4!
Mmmm. Donuts. (Homer)

DethMaiden
11-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Y'know, that part of the song is dangerously close to being a breakdown, just in terms of pure definitions of what a breakdown is...

I'm not judgin', I'm just sayin'... ;)

There's actually well-done breakdowns in a lot of songs I like. :) It doesn't automatically suck, but done wrong (i.e. making every song basically a string of breakdowns) it's the worst thing ever.

Natrlhi
11-17-2009, 12:54 PM
There's actually well-done breakdowns in a lot of songs I like. :) It doesn't automatically suck, but done wrong (i.e. making every song basically a string of breakdowns) it's the worst thing ever.

:agree: Exactly. Well put. Breakdowns are fine, when well-executed.

DethMaiden
11-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Gin
Gin
Cobalt

#3. :bowdown:

JRA
11-17-2009, 01:58 PM
:agree: Exactly. Well put. Breakdowns are fine, when well-executed.

It's sickening to know that what Slayer did in Angel of Death and what Kreator did in just about everyone of their songs has become the fodder of the ignorant false-metal.

DethMaiden
11-17-2009, 02:16 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f7/Gonzo.svg/400px-Gonzo.svg.png
Gin
Cobalt

:bouville:

ravenheart
11-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Nuclear Winter
Persecuation Mania
Sodom

Maiden33
11-17-2009, 03:15 PM
It All Falls Down
Army of One
Riot

Still making some evaluations for my decade list. Remembering how much I love this record.

Maiden33
11-17-2009, 04:10 PM
The First Rock
Collision Course: Paradox II
Royal Hunt

:rocker: :drool:

DethMaiden
11-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Forgot to post something from Traced in Air when it was on, but that was #2.

Seabeast
Leviathan
Mastodon

METAL ALBUM OF THE DECADE! :rocker:

This process didn't take nearly long enough. :snivel:

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Death And The Healing
Wintersun
Wintersun

mankvill
11-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Valhalla
Live
Blind Guardian

y is dis band so gud

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Secrets
The Damnation Game
Symphony-X

Fires Of Sedition
11-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Devilizer
Necropolis
Vader

DethMaiden
11-18-2009, 06:20 AM
Flag in the Ground
The Days of Grays
Sonata Arctica

Goddamn! I think my song of the year might come from an album I mostly hate this year. :D

Spiral_Slave
11-18-2009, 08:07 AM
The Whistler
Songs From The Wood
Jethro Tull

JRA
11-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Overactive Imagination
Individual Thought Patterns
Death

powerslave_85
11-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Fossil Genera- A Feed From Cloud Mountain
The Great Misdirect

I really really want this to be one of my top albums of the year, but something's still not clicking.

SomewhereInTime72
11-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Love
Killer7 OST
Masafumi Takada

:bouville:

DethMaiden
11-18-2009, 12:07 PM
The Essence of Conviction
The Inner Circle
Evergrey

:drool:

ADD
11-18-2009, 06:24 PM
You Know You Know
The Inner Mounting Flame
Mahavishnu Orchestra

:bliss:

ADD
11-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Please Don't Forget Me (Pentagram cover)
Witchcraft
Witchcraft

Spiral_Slave
11-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Evilution
Strange Highways
Dio