PDA

View Full Version : Testament -- Cincinnati, OH -- May 18th, 2009

gilpdawg
05-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Same setlist as they've been doing lately, but Sins of Omission was played in the Dog Faced Gods/Alone in the Dark spot.

Intro: For The Glory Of
01. The Preacher
02. Practice What You Preach
03. The New Order
04. Over The Wall
05. Do or Die
05. Sins of Omission
06. More Than Meets The Eye
07. The Persecuted Won't Forget
08. Demonic Refusal
09. True Believer
10. The Legacy
11. Into The Pit
12. Souls Of Black
13. Electric Crown
14. Disciples Of The Watch
15. D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
16. Three Days In Darkness
17. The Formation Of Damnation

Got there too late for Lazarus AD. Heard the last song and a half, they sounded pretty good. I'll probably check their record out. Not an Unearth fan, so just look at the other setlists for that, because I don't know if it's the same or not.

Lame turnout @Bogarts tonight. Very disappointed. If there was more than 400-500 people there I'd be surprised. I was hoping for about 1000. The venue holds 1500, IIRC. I'd bet they won't be back. Promoter probably took a bath. I hope not, because I want to see them again without driving 4 hours away.

Edited setlist to add Do or Die. I completely forgot that one. Now the numbers are fucked up. :)

jhdeity
05-19-2009, 04:00 AM
WOW! Do or Die AND Sins of Omission instead of Alone in the Dark? Now we're talkin!!!

I'm still puzzled why no other setlist than setlist C but ticket sales have been down across the board. If they booked it as a "New Order" Tour I guarantee they would sell a few hunder more instantly.

They still haven't topped 500 tickets sold in Baltimore yet. They sold out Jaxx in Springfield, VA on consecutive nights a few years ago but interest has fallen off the charts since then. Sucks

Derelict
05-19-2009, 05:07 AM
They would prob draw better if they could put out more than one album every seven years

Strobic Axe
05-19-2009, 07:23 AM
WOW! Do or Die AND Sins of Omission instead of Alone in the Dark? Now we're talkin!!!

I'm still puzzled why no other setlist than setlist C but ticket sales have been down across the board. If they booked it as a "New Order" Tour I guarantee they would sell a few hunder more instantly.

They still haven't topped 500 tickets sold in Baltimore yet. They sold out Jaxx in Springfield, VA on consecutive nights a few years ago but interest has fallen off the charts since then. Sucks

If they booked it as a "The Formation of Damnation" tour they might sell a few hundred more instantly, considering it was pretty much the metal album of the year in 2008.

Grimjaw_Kurosaki
05-19-2009, 11:30 AM
If they booked it as a "The Formation of Damnation" tour they might sell a few hundred more instantly, considering it was pretty much the metal album of the year in 2008.

Isn't it booked as The Formation OF Damnation Tour? Cause they are sellin the Damnation tee still. If's it's not the Damnation Tour, then what is it called?

Strobic Axe
05-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Isn't it booked as The Formation OF Damnation Tour? Cause they are sellin the Damnation tee still. If's it's not the Damnation Tour, then what is it called?

They are calling it Damnation Vacation, but they are only playing 3 songs off the album.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Awesome set! I love Do or Die and Sins of Omission, really cool to see those on there! Hope this Friday gives a good set like this one!

BlackmoreOfBowling
05-19-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't get why people didn't vote for the "A" or "B" sets. Nothing wrong with getting a classic thrash metal album in its entirety in a live setting. It's not like these guys are Exodus, and the lead singer is going to scream the whole time.

makethemsuffer12
05-19-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't get why people didn't vote for the "A" or "B" sets. Nothing wrong with getting a classic thrash metal album in its entirety in a live setting. It's not like these guys are Exodus, and the lead singer is going to scream the whole time.

First of all, the voting process got messed up, so they are apperently doing set C for the whole tour. And second of all, DON'T DISS FUCKING EXODUS. Seriously, they fucking dominate live.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-19-2009, 03:15 PM
First of all, the voting process got messed up, so they are apperently doing set C for the whole tour. And second of all, DON'T DISS FUCKING EXODUS. Seriously, they fucking dominate live.

I second that. Especially the latter.

Electric/Funeral55
05-19-2009, 03:45 PM
It sucks that the voting process got messed up because I would really to see "The Legacy" performed in its entirety.

BlackmoreOfBowling
05-19-2009, 05:47 PM
And second of all, DON'T DISS FUCKING EXODUS. Seriously, they fucking dominate live.

I never dissed Exodus, pal. I even saw them 2 months ago with Warbringer on an off-date of that Kreator Tour. But you can't say you actually liked the remake of Bonded By Blood. Paul Bailoff's delivery was what made that record.. The new lead singer's vocal style just doesn't fit that album's material at all.

gilpdawg
05-19-2009, 07:50 PM
I voted C because I love pretty much every album in their whole catalogue(except for most of Souls of Black), so I wanted to hear shit from all the records.

Strobic Axe
05-20-2009, 07:48 AM
I voted C because I love pretty much every album in their whole catalogue(except for most of Souls of Black), so I wanted to hear shit from all the records.

+1

jhdeity
05-21-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm listening to The New Order now. Eerie Inhabitants is a sick song. Nobody's Fault is one of my favorite covers of all time. Probably 2nd to Maiden's version of Cross-Eyed Mary. Trial by Fire is still an incredible song but the best song they aren't playing is A Day of Reckoning. I f'n LOVE that song! Musical Death is an incredible instrumental and I am going to barrage them to try to get them to play Setlist B now.

Does anyone on earth want to hear Souls of Black or Practice what you Preach ever again? I'd much rather hear Blessed in Contempt, Nightmare or Seven Days of May!

Fe Maiden
05-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Does anyone on earth want to hear Souls of Black or Practice what you Preach ever again? Raises hand:eyes:

makethemsuffer12
05-21-2009, 12:35 PM
I never dissed Exodus, pal. I even saw them 2 months ago with Warbringer on an off-date of that Kreator Tour. But you can't say you actually liked the remake of Bonded By Blood. Paul Bailoff's delivery was what made that record.. The new lead singer's vocal style just doesn't fit that album's material at all.

Sorry about that. I personally enjoyed Let There Be Blood. It's nice to hear the songs with good production now and then.

300%_Density
05-21-2009, 02:40 PM
I have the utmost respect for Paul Bailoff but I was never the biggest fan of his vocal sound. Regardless I think it's a great record but his vocals just kind of grind on me after awhile. I still think he was better than Zetro was though. I excepect the hate to fly but personally his vocals never did much for me. I don't discriminate I still love all Exodus anyway!!!

JuuKun
05-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Probably seeing this Saturday in Hartford. First time seeing Testament, so this setlist is pretty awesome. Can't wait.

ChildrenofSodom
05-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Dude, gilpdawg, you live like 50 minutes away from me.....

Strobic Axe
05-22-2009, 07:24 AM
Probably seeing this Saturday in Hartford. First time seeing Testament, so this setlist is pretty awesome. Can't wait.

You should definately try to catch this. All 3 bands killed in Toronto on Wednesday night. I especially enjoyed Lazarus AD & Unearth - both were really tight and sounded great.
If you do go, don't be late.

gilpdawg
05-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Dude, gilpdawg, you live like 50 minutes away from me.....
Wherezabout?

JuuKun
05-23-2009, 05:27 AM
You should definately try to catch this. All 3 bands killed in Toronto on Wednesday night. I especially enjoyed Lazarus AD & Unearth - both were really tight and sounded great.
If you do go, don't be late.

Definitely going tonight unless something happens.

But, yeah, I've never heard Lazarus AD so if I get there in time for them, awesome, but I've seen Unearth twice before and they really don't do anything for me.

jhdeity
05-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Raises hand:eyes:

Wow. I bet you think fear of the Dark is one of Maiden's best songs too then? This might be the worst chorus ever penned:

Look at the lost souls
They seem so black
Look at the lost souls
Souls of black

The only chorus lyrics more repetative and plain dumb are probably FOTD.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Wow. I bet you think fear of the Dark is one of Maiden's best songs too then? This might be the worst chorus ever penned:

Look at the lost souls
They seem so black
Look at the lost souls
Souls of black

The only chorus lyrics more repetative and plain dumb are probably FOTD.

Who cares? The delivery is great (on both songs).

Fe Maiden
05-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Wow. I bet you think fear of the Dark is one of Maiden's best songs too then? Wrong! And, I'll bet I was listening to Maiden & Testament since before you were born! Sorry if I happen to like those Testament songs your excellency:tp:

jhdeity
05-26-2009, 10:54 AM
I just couldn't understand such a lame response so I called him out. I've seen Testament 6 times and can name 50 songs better than Souls of black so I don't get that kind of sheepish mentality I guess.

I'm psyched for the show tonight. Hitting up a strip club to pregame then getting right up front for Lazarus at 8:pm. Hopefully there some chicks there but i'm not holding my breath

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-26-2009, 11:02 AM
I just couldn't understand such a lame response so I called him out. I've seen Testament 6 times and can name 50 songs better than Souls of black so I don't get that kind of sheepish mentality I guess.

It's not that lame of a response, Souls and Practice are Testament classics. It's like saying who wants to hear Number of the Beast from Maiden or Holy Wars by Megadeth. Yea we have seen them at EVERY show, but I don't see why there needs to be any calling out. And I really don't think its sheepish to enjoy the classic songs live, because I am sure there are many metalheads out there who love hearing the classics but can still name 50+ better Testament songs, namely, myself.

Fe Maiden
05-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey you! Look down here

:bigfinger Have a nice day!

Fe Maiden
05-26-2009, 01:54 PM
It's not that lame of a response, Souls and Practice are Testament classics. It's like saying who wants to hear Number of the Beast from Maiden or Holy Wars by Megadeth. Yea we have seen them at EVERY show, but I don't see why there needs to be any calling out. And I really don't think its sheepish to enjoy the classic songs liveExactly & thanks!

Some kid thinks I'm lame because I may enjoy hearing classic songs live and he thinks I have a mentality problem??? Maybe he should look in the mirror!

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Exactly & thanks!

Some kid thinks I'm lame because I may enjoy hearing classic songs live and he thinks I have a mentality problem??? Maybe he should look in the mirror!

Always to the defense of the logical metalhead :lol:

I'm on the same boat with you here!

Fe Maiden
05-27-2009, 06:23 AM
Always to the defense of the logical metalhead :lol:

I'm on the same boat with you here!:metal: I am going to be so "lame" "sheepishly" enjoying songs live that I happen to like. Something must be wrong with me!:D

jhdeity
05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Too funny. I saw Testament on the New Order tour with 15 people in the crowd so I just laugh at the idiotic kid assumptions.

Funny thing is they didn't play Souls of Black last night. We kinda got shafted since the show had to end at 11:pm for some stupid reason.

They cut Do or Die, Electric Crown and Souls. The only one I really cared about was Do or Die but Lazarus AD we so great that I can't bitch.

I can't recommend a new band more than Lazarus and they're cool as shit to have a few beers with.

Fe Maiden
05-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Too funny. I saw Testament on the New Order tour with 15 people in the crowd so I just laugh at the idiotic kid assumptions.

Funny thing is they didn't play Souls of Black last night. We kinda got shafted since the show had to end at 11:pm for some stupid reason.

They cut Do or Die, Electric Crown and Souls. The only one I really cared about was Do or Die but Lazarus AD we so great that I can't bitch.

I can't recommend a new band more than Lazarus and they're cool as shit to have a few beers with.My first concert was Led Zeppelin so next to me you are a kid. I never said idiotic. Your word not mine.

jhdeity
05-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Cool deal man. Maybe if you made a cool comment like Seven Days of May, nice call! rather than raises hand we could have actually had an intelligent conversation.

Everyone I talked to last night agreed Souls of Black is their worst album by a mile and it was cool hearing more stuff from The Gathering and talking about music that is still relevant today.

Also comparing Souls of Black to Number of the Beast is blasphemous. It's more like Fear of the Dark. A title track from an album where they were just trying to be commercial and get played on the radio and mtv. Nothing remotely classic about a song like that. They should be forgotten. Hence my comparison...

Fe Maiden
05-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Cool deal man. Maybe if you made a cool comment like Seven Days of May, nice call! rather than raises hand we could have actually had an intelligent conversation.

Everyone I talked to last night agreed Souls of Black is their worst album by a mile and it was cool hearing more stuff from The Gathering and talking about music that is still relevant today.

Also comparing Souls of Black to Number of the Beast is blasphemous. It's more like Fear of the Dark. A title track from an album where they were just trying to be commercial and get played on the radio and mtv. Nothing remotely classic about a song like that. They should be forgotten. Hence my comparison...Sorry that I like to hear songs that I like. It's my opinion and taste. Seems you feel your opinion is fact but the opinions of others are lame, sheepish, blasphemous, or not intelligent. For the record, I did not compare SOB to NOTB. Another poster did. Read more carefully so we really can have an intelligent conversation. All you have really done is show yourself to be a closed minded asshole in this thread and I know I am not the only one who feels that way!

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-27-2009, 01:00 PM

Also comparing Souls of Black to Number of the Beast is blasphemous. It's more like Fear of the Dark. A title track from an album where they were just trying to be commercial and get played on the radio and mtv. Nothing remotely classic about a song like that. They should be forgotten. Hence my comparison...

Souls of Black was not a terrible album, it just was not as good as their others. In my opinion, Testament never released a bad record, but if you want to go so far as to say that they tried to reach commerciality, it would be MUCH better for you to have said "The Ritual". And Souls of Black is indeed a Testament classic, its a good song and its great live, so I really can't understand the level of ignorance that you are showing, unless you enjoy showcasing your opinion as fact.

And what's wrong with Fear of the Dark? Sorta crappy album, but the song is awesome. And before you start, no it is not one of my favorite Maiden songs.

jhdeity
05-27-2009, 01:38 PM
And I'm not the only one who thinks so...

Dude I've officially lost ALL respect for you. I responded to your personal message and explained my point perfectly I thought. I'm not here to flame people but you're a total flamer for saying something so feminine. Clay Aiken called and wants his sack back.

You're the guy who yells YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER THING COMING at Priest shows and disgusts everyone around them. Seriously educate yourself on testament and maybe you would rather hear a well constructed song with clever lyrics rather than fodder.

Fe Maiden
05-27-2009, 01:41 PM
And I'm not the only one who thinks so...

Dude I've officially lost ALL respect for you. I responded to your personal message and explained my point perfectly I thought. I'm not here to flame people but you're a total flamer for saying something so feminine. Clay Aiken called and wants his sack back.

You're the guy who yells YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER THING COMING at Priest shows and disgusts everyone around them. Seriously educate yourself on testament and maybe you would rather hear a well constructed song with clever lyrics rather than fodder.:confused:feminine???:tp: Seems you never had respect for me or my opinion since the get go. Obviously your opinion is the only one that can possibly be correct right? :finger2:

jhdeity
05-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Souls of Black was not a terrible album, it just was not as good as their others. In my opinion, Testament never released a bad record, but if you want to go so far as to say that they tried to reach commerciality, it would be MUCH better for you to have said "The Ritual". And Souls of Black is indeed a Testament classic, its a good song and its great live, so I really can't understand the level of ignorance that you are showing, unless you enjoy showcasing your opinion as fact.

And what's wrong with Fear of the Dark? Sorta crappy album, but the song is awesome. And before you start, no it is not one of my favorite Maiden songs.

Good point. The Ritual was an extension of Souls of Black to me. They lost their edge and lost a huge part of their fan base in the process. Sure they gained a few soccer moms with Return to Serenity but the damage they did at that point is a main reason there were only 300 people at the show last night.

If I wasn't passionate about this I wouldn't care. It sucked to have such a small crowd there but there were very few pits and tons of headbanging. I loved it

Fe Maiden
05-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Good point. The Ritual was an extension of Souls of Black to me. They lost their edge and lost a huge part of their fan base in the process. Sure they gained a few soccer moms with Return to Serenity but the damage they did at that point is a main reason there were only 300 people at the show last night.:lol::lol::lol::blah::blah::blah: Where is that ignore switch again?

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Good point. The Ritual was an extension of Souls of Black to me. They lost their edge and lost a huge part of their fan base in the process. Sure they gained a few soccer moms with Return to Serenity but the damage they did at that point is a main reason there were only 300 people at the show last night.

If I wasn't passionate about this I wouldn't care. It sucked to have such a small crowd there but there were very few pits and tons of headbanging. I loved it

The fan base should have realized that was just treading into different waters, and Low began a different tread all together. Formation is them coming full round again.

But to get back Souls of Black the song, you don't have to have the best lyrics in the world to make it a well constructed song. The delivery in the end is what makes it. Look at Cannibal Corpse. Their lyrics are nothing but brutal, gruesome, sometimes even humorous murder/death images, and in comparison to other death metal bands' lyrics, they are pretty over the top sometimes (not saying other death metal bands dont have brutal lyrics). In the end, it doesn't matter what the hell they are talking about, its that Corpsegrinder fucking rips on those words and makes em sound fucking powerful. They said it themselves, "It's not like the lyrics are meant to be taken super seriously", they are not telling people to seriously strip rape and strangle someone, or smash a hammer into someone's face.

The comparison might be a bit of a stretch, but it makes my point. Delivery > Lyrics anyday. So there really is no need to flame on FeMaiden because he enjoys hearing songs like Souls of Black live, as do I. And there is also nothing wrong with You've Got Another Thing Coming. Is the trend now to start hating on songs that become popular? A person can like everything a band has to offer and not limit themselves to solely listening to certain albums/songs.

Fe Maiden
05-27-2009, 02:13 PM

You're the guy who yells YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER THING COMING at Priest shows and disgusts everyone around them. Seriously educate yourself on testament and maybe you would rather hear a well constructed song with clever lyrics rather than fodder.No you did not explain perfectly! You sir are truly an :censored:

es156
05-27-2009, 04:18 PM
jhdeity, Fe Maiden, it's time to chill....

gilpdawg
05-27-2009, 11:22 PM

It absoutely sucked to have small crowds on this tour, but to say it's because of Return to Serenity is kind of a stretch. If anything it helped them. That's how I first heard of them (I'm probably younger than most of you guys in this thread and didn't get into metal until 94-95ish) and then discovered the "good" stuff. But my point is, I don't think there's 500 people out there who said "man, I would go see Testament, but fuck that, they recorded a ballad in 1992.":D

jhdeity
05-28-2009, 03:50 AM
It absoutely sucked to have small crowds on this tour, but to say it's because of Return to Serenity is kind of a stretch. If anything it helped them. That's how I first heard of them (I'm probably younger than most of you guys in this thread and didn't get into metal until 94-95ish) and then discovered the "good" stuff. But my point is, I don't think there's 500 people out there who said "man, I would go see Testament, but fuck that, they recorded a ballad in 1992.":D

There's a reason a band that has so many great songs who just put out one of the best cd's of 2008 can't sell tickets and I was just specualting on one of the reasons why. The promoter who booked the show told me he expected to sell 1500 tickets and as of 2 weeks ago he had only sold 400 and lost his ass. They move the show from Rams Head to Recher and less than the original 400 actually show. Close to 100 people bought tickets to the 1st show and just didn't go once it got moved. There were barely 300 people there for a band I consider to be one of the best bands of all time. Chuck Billy is incredibly powerful live, Skolnick has a huge following (dude has to lose the 101 dalmation hair though) and the star of the night when I saw them was Paul Bostaph. He absolutely KILLED it. This band has everything you would want to see live but no one is going. Apparently they're having sparse crowds every other night and have talked about cancelling some shows.

Like I said in another thread if they booked the tour as a New Order tour it would have sold better but people who miss this tour are really missing a great show. Lazarus are incredible if you like 80's thrash. If Kill em all is one of your favorite cd's, you'll love these guys. Unearth is trying to be A7X and failed. I seriously doubt I'll ever see them again or buy another cd.

The 2nd biggest mystery to me is why isn't Testament playing more stuff from the new cd? They play as many songs off Gathering as the new cd and those are James Murphy's leads. Nothing off Low? Isn't Low one of their best cd's?

I don't think I've ever left a show with more questions than this show but I'd still highly recommend people go and see it.

Fe Maiden
05-28-2009, 08:04 AM
jhdeity, Fe Maiden, it's time to chill....I'm over it. I know I will enjoy hearing songs that I like live so that is what is most important to me. If someone thinks I'm lame for that well, then that's just their problem!

jhdeity
05-28-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm over it. I know I will enjoy hearing songs that I like live so that is what is most important to me. If someone thinks I'm lame for that well, then that's just their problem!

Hell yeah Fe Fe that's the way to be.

Jam out with your clam out!

:soapbox:

Fe Maiden
05-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Hell yeah Fe Fe that's the way to be.

Jam out with your clam out!

:soapbox::tp:

jhdeity
05-28-2009, 09:14 AM
The fan base should have realized that was just treading into different waters, and Low began a different tread all together. Formation is them coming full round again.

But to get back Souls of Black the song, you don't have to have the best lyrics in the world to make it a well constructed song. The delivery in the end is what makes it. Look at Cannibal Corpse. Their lyrics are nothing but brutal, gruesome, sometimes even humorous murder/death images, and in comparison to other death metal bands' lyrics, they are pretty over the top sometimes (not saying other death metal bands dont have brutal lyrics). In the end, it doesn't matter what the hell they are talking about, its that Corpsegrinder fucking rips on those words and makes em sound fucking powerful. They said it themselves, "It's not like the lyrics are meant to be taken super seriously", they are not telling people to seriously strip rape and strangle someone, or smash a hammer into someone's face.

The comparison might be a bit of a stretch, but it makes my point. Delivery > Lyrics anyday. So there really is no need to flame on FeMaiden because he enjoys hearing songs like Souls of Black live, as do I. And there is also nothing wrong with You've Got Another Thing Coming. Is the trend now to start hating on songs that become popular? A person can like everything a band has to offer and not limit themselves to solely listening to certain albums/songs.

I don't disagree with your point but Chuck Billy delivers every song with tenacity and fire so why not play songs that will translate better live? Trial by Fire is their most known song and they don't play it often because Chuck doesn't want to I read. He's tired of it, the same way me and my friends are deathly tired of Souls of Black. I just used the 2nd grade chorus as a quick example but the point of all of this is simple.

If 1 person threw the Souls of Black CD in and remembered or discovered what a great song Seven Days of May is then I accomplished what I was trying to. I've been turned onto some great music through here and recently downloaded the Ghoul catalog based on a post from the MD Deathfest thread and can't stop listening to it.

My other point was if you're at a Priest show and the guy to your left yells You've got another thing coming and the guy on your right yells Island of Domination, who do you respect more? Who would you have an in-depth passionate conversation about music with? I've met some great people at shows and none of them were there to heara song that has been overplayed 10K times that's all. These are the same people who stare aimlessly when Beyond the Realms of Death is being played. Sad...

I'm no barney bad-ass by any stretch but I've been to shows where I was standing, jamming out and some poser behind me yelled for me to sit down and actually went and got security to try to sit me down. I'd rather be shot on the spot than sit at a concert so if that makes me an asshole, that's me. That happened at a Tool show last year and I asked the sword swallower to name 3 Tool songs other than Sober and he couldn't. So if my tolerance for posers isn't that high, there are reasons behind it.

Fe Maiden
05-28-2009, 09:21 AM
My other point was if you're at a Priest show and the guy to your left yells You've got another thing coming and the guy on your right yells Island of Domination, who do you respect more? Who would you have an in-depth passionate conversation about music with? I've met some great people at shows and none of them were there to heara song that has been overplayed 10K times that's all. These are the same people who stare aimlessly when Beyond the Realms of Death is being played. Sad...
So your respect for others is based on if they agree with your taste. Seems fair to me.:tp: The way this is written the antecedent of These are the same great people you've met. Seems like you've contradicted yourself here a bit.

jhdeity
05-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Anyone smell fish?

"Raises Hand"

And I'm not the only one who smells it!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA

I'm done. I can't possibly top that one. The point has been brought full circle.

Anyone else jamming this new Napalm Death? I have a whole new respect for those guys...

Fe Maiden
05-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Brilliant!

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-28-2009, 10:47 AM
I don't disagree with your point but Chuck Billy delivers every song with tenacity and fire so why not play songs that will translate better live? Trial by Fire is their most known song and they don't play it often because Chuck doesn't want to I read. He's tired of it, the same way me and my friends are deathly tired of Souls of Black. I just used the 2nd grade chorus as a quick example but the point of all of this is simple.

If 1 person threw the Souls of Black CD in and remembered or discovered what a great song Seven Days of May is then I accomplished what I was trying to. I've been turned onto some great music through here and recently downloaded the Ghoul catalog based on a post from the MD Deathfest thread and can't stop listening to it.

I'm no barney bad-ass by any stretch but I've been to shows where I was standing, jamming out and some poser behind me yelled for me to sit down and actually went and got security to try to sit me down. I'd rather be shot on the spot than sit at a concert so if that makes me an asshole, that's me. That happened at a Tool show last year and I asked the sword swallower to name 3 Tool songs other than Sober and he couldn't. So if my tolerance for posers isn't that high, there are reasons behind it.

I respect your point about posers, because I too have seen those kind of people, and bugs the hell out of me. And yes, I would oviously respect the one who said "Island of Domination" more. But you are generalizing WAY too much, a fan can yell both of those songs and really enjoy the set whichever way it goes. I wouldn't necessarily yell out You've Got Another Thing Coming, but I'd enjoy it nonetheless.

And I love Seven Days of Mary, hell, I like practically every song off of Souls. like I said before, I don't think Testament have any poor record. I guess its all taste in the end, but there is no need to be arrogant with an opinion.

Derelict
05-28-2009, 10:59 AM
I have nothing to comment about this thread, other than when i saw Carnivore in 2006, someone yelled out for "Jesus Hitler"....about two songs after they did it. Awesome.

mankvill
05-28-2009, 11:06 AM
I have nothing to comment about this thread, other than when i saw Carnivore in 2006, someone yelled out for "Jesus Hitler"....about two songs after they did it. Awesome.

When I saw mc chris, he did a Q & A session and one girl asked if he would play The Tussin and he called her a dumb bitch because he opened with that song. :lol:

jhdeity
05-28-2009, 01:01 PM

That's one of the funniest things I've ever read. I actually burst into laughter. Thanks Bro.

The fact Peter Steele brought Carnivore back for the hardcore fans is one of the coolest stories in metal history. Funny Peter Steele story. We went outside to get torked before the very 1st Carnivore Reunion tour at this place Nick's in Virginia. We walk in and he was just standing in the crowd watching the opening act with no one around him. I go up to him and shake his hand, thank him for bringing back Carnivore for the diehard fans (Type O was getting huge) and want to ask him so many things. I asked him if they're going to play God is Dead and he said "of course" and at that point I was at the pinnacle of happiness in my life I think. I'm talking to one of the coolest MF'ers on the planet and the only thing that would have made it better was if El Duce & The Mentors were there.

So i'm trying to think of anything to say other than "are you going to play..." and I fukkin freeze up. I'm looking right at this dude an drawing a blank. I try to include my buddy in the conversation and the only thought that goes through my head is Springer. I said "Man, we just saw you on Springer yesterday" and he gasped, gave me a thumbs down raspberry and walked off. He just turned and walked off. We burst into laughter after a few minutes but I was traumatized basically thanks to Jerry Springer.

I met him again last year and wanted to bring that up but couldn't do it. He was being so cool and I didn't want him to just walk off again. hahaha

Derelict
05-28-2009, 05:01 PM
That's cool man...the coolest experience I've had with running into someone in the crowd during the opener was none other than Chuck Schuldiner watching Hammerfall.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-28-2009, 05:05 PM
That's cool man...the coolest experience I've had with running into someone in the crowd during the opener was none other than Chuck Schuldiner watching Hammerfall.

THAT is an honor
:bowdown:

Derelict
05-28-2009, 05:15 PM
THAT is an honor
:bowdown:

We actually met the whole band earlier in the day, they did an instore at a metal shop on south street in philadelphia. I have the Sound of Perserverance booklet signed by everyone that played on it.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-28-2009, 05:18 PM
We actually met the whole band earlier in the day, they did an instore at a metal shop on south street in philadelphia. I have the Sound of Perserverance booklet signed by everyone that played on it.

That is awesome dude. How was Chuck as a person?

mankvill
05-28-2009, 05:26 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Derelict
05-28-2009, 05:37 PM
That is awesome dude. How was Chuck as a person?

Everyone in the band could not have been nicer. They signed whatever was given to them, and all seemed very friendly. That same day, we saw Hammerfall walking out of the Mcdonald's on south street - that was hilarious for some reason.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Everyone in the band could not have been nicer. They signed whatever was given to them, and all seemed very friendly. That same day, we saw Hammerfall walking out of the Mcdonald's on south street - that was hilarious for some reason.

That's great to hear, really is. R.I.P. Chuck! :light::angel::light:

Power metallers walking out of a Miccy D's....even they are people :lol:

Derelict
05-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah with everything that followed, i'm glad i made the effort to go to this show...was fall of 1998

jhdeity
05-29-2009, 04:06 AM

Yeah that deserves an All Hail!

He was at a Dark Angel show at some Dungeon place in DC (forget the name) probably scouting Gene Hoglan or something but he was backstage and we could only see him and I was in awe. There was a time back then when I only listened to Scream Bloody Gore and Darkness Descends over and over again.

My friends all knew when they got in my car they were getting a daily dose of speed metal and probably one of those 2 masterpieces.