PDA

View Full Version : Opeth -- Pomona, CA -- May 15th, 2009

ricky4502
05-16-2009, 11:06 AM
From what I've seen on this site the set list for Enslaved was exactly the same as the previous shows, in the same order too. They were really amazing but I agree it sucks they didn't get a longer set, especially since it was only a 2 band show which was a 1st for me. Have they ever played "Havenless" live?

To The Coast
Fusion Of Sense And Earth
Ruun
As Fire Swept Clean The Earth
Ground
The Watcher
Isa

Opeths set for this show was different according to what i've seen on here. They brought along a few treats with them and played a song they claimed they never played live before. It went as follows, in order:

Heir Apparent
Ghost Of Perdition
Godhead's Lament
Wreath
Karma (1st time played live according to Mikael, unless he lied)
Hessian Peel
Closure (extended)
The Night And The Silent Water
Harvest (sung by the crowd)
The Lotus Eater

--ENCORES--

Martin Mendez solo
Fredrik Åkesson solo
Demon Of The Fall

All throughout Opeths set people were shouting "Demon Of The Fall!" and I kept thinking they were going to be disappointed since I had already seen their set lists from the other shows. I was quite surprised when they played it as their encore. It was a great and epic set but I was a little bummed out they didn't play "The Leper Affinity" since I was expecting it. It was my 1st time seeing both bands and I hope to see them again. Mikael was hilarious as always, talking about the naked women in Sweden and Sylvester Stallone. :D

KillerCannabis
05-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Great show indeed. This was my 6th or 7th time seeing Opeth, and it's always such a great time. Mikael was practically doing stand-up he was cracking so many jokes. The audience interaction there was awesome. How else would we have gotten 2 solos? This is why I love seeing bands at the Glass House. It's pretty intimate. The only major downside is the heat. It's like a sauna in there.

BlackmoreOfBowling
05-16-2009, 12:45 PM
They're really changing it up now. They should really be doing 'Bleak'. 'Demon Of The Fall' is still too short!! Might as well have Rush announce '2112' and just have them sing 'The Temples Of Syrinx'.

DethMaiden
05-16-2009, 12:52 PM
One week. :rocker:

Derelict
05-16-2009, 01:26 PM
They're really changing it up now. They should really be doing 'Bleak'. 'Demon Of The Fall' is still too short!! Might as well have Rush announce '2112' and just have them sing 'The Temples Of Syrinx'.

They just did Bleak when they toured here in the fall. And Demon has generally been their closer going way way back

whitecluster69
05-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Opeths set for this show was different according to what i've seen on here. They brought along a few treats with them and played a song they claimed they never played live before. It went as follows, in order:

Heir Apparent
Ghost Of Perdition
Godhead's Lament
Wreath
Karma (1st time played live according to Mikael, unless he lied)
Hessian Peel
Closure (extended)
The Night And The Silent Water
Harvest (sung by the crowd)
The Lotus Eater

--ENCORES--

Martin Mendez solo
Fredrik Åkesson solo
Demon Of The Fall

That was the first time they played Karma. Mikael confirmed it after the show.

flyfree
05-18-2009, 12:50 PM
That was the first time they played Karma. Mikael confirmed it after the show.

I had the privileged to attend last night show in Tucson, and it was the same setlist as this one, except for the harvest part. And Mikael told us it was the second time they played Karma in their career, and that the first time they played it the public at the end of the song just stare at them :D.

Great show last night!!! all though I missed deliverance !
:party:

:rocker:

Winter's Wrath
05-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Damn, I wish I would have went to this show instead of the one in San Fran as Karma is one of my favorite songs. We got Credence and I forgot what song we got instead of Harvest.

They need to play The Funeral Portrait.

lakebod0m
05-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Harvest..nice