PDA

View Full Version : AMOLAD: Best Christian Album in recent memory?

mankvill
05-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Metal Archives (http://metal-archives.com/review.php?id=122532#194092)

Is Iron Maiden a Christian band now? :lol:

edit: RECENT* memory. :bouville:

SomewhereInTime72
05-15-2009, 01:24 PM
:lol: :lol: :wtf:

HandOfDoom
05-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Very...interesting concept

Fe Maiden
05-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Doesn't he realize that Lord of Light = Lucifer = Satan?????:666:

mankvill
05-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Doesn't he realize that Lord of Light = Lucifer = Satan?????:666:

He says something about that in that review. Says something how "Prince" of Light = Lucifer, not LORD of Light.

SomewhereInTime72
05-15-2009, 04:47 PM
He says something about that in that review. Says something how "Prince" of Light = Lucifer, not LORD of Light.

In the DVD that comes with the album, Bruce says he wrote it referring to Lucifer. :eyes:

mankvill
05-15-2009, 04:58 PM
In the DVD that comes with the album, Bruce says he wrote it referring to Lucifer. :eyes:

:eek:

overkiller
05-15-2009, 09:48 PM
I remember an interview with Bruce where he stated that "Lord of Light" was about the "possibility" that, after all these things religion tries to sell you, you come to some kind of afterlife and realize it was all a lie. Or maybe that there just is no afterlife, I don't remember exactly. I just mostly remember that his sentiment was certainly not Christian, and I think he might've mentioned something about Nicko not being thrilled with that song.

overkiller
05-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Also, I just read that review, and it's absolutely ridiculous. Fucking Christians are always taking things and interpreting them to their own ends, no real surprise I guess. And obviously the idiot that wrote it doesn't understand that "Lucifer" is Latin for "light-bearer" (see his quote: "this song clearly talks about the LORD of Light, who I think is the enemy of the Prince of Darkness").

Then, on the other hand, it could just be a gigantic troll. And in that case, I applaud that guy. :lol:

JRA
05-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Also, I just read that review, and it's absolutely ridiculous. Fucking Christians are always taking things and interpreting them to their own ends, no real surprise I guess. And obviously the idiot that wrote it doesn't understand that "Lucifer" is Latin for "light-bearer" (see his quote: "this song clearly talks about the LORD of Light, who I think is the enemy of the Prince of Darkness").

Then, on the other hand, it could just be a gigantic troll. And in that case, I applaud that guy. :lol:

People trolling metal-archives? I doubt it.

mankvill
05-15-2009, 10:41 PM
People trolling metal-archives? I doubt it.

UNHEARD of! :D

ChildrenofSodom
05-16-2009, 07:28 AM
Damnit, before i got a chance to read it, M-A removed it. HAHAHA