9. The Outlaw Torn :rocker: :rocker:
10.All Nightmare Long
11.The Day That Never Comes
12.Master Of Puppets

they cant do one of the 3 good songs from load

PhantomLord2009
05-11-2009, 01:55 PM
That set is sweet!
Holier than thou has come up a few times now, hopefully they'll do some more black album stuff like the god that failed or through the never.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-11-2009, 02:01 PM
That set is sweet!
Holier than thou has come up a few times now, hopefully they'll do some more black album stuff like the god that failed or through the never.

The God That Failed is amazing :fist:

metal01
05-11-2009, 02:21 PM
I hear james hates through the never, I don't know why its a kickass song.

PhantomLord2009
05-11-2009, 02:27 PM
I hear james hates through the never, I don't know why its a kickass song.

I heard he hated trapped under ice aswell but they've played that once or twice during this tour. I hope they play through the never at some point its fuckin' sick :rocker:

Zeltar
05-11-2009, 05:14 PM
they cant do one of the 3 good songs from load

You're funny. The Outlaw Torn is easily the best of all the Loads and easily top 10 out of all Metallica's songs.

es156
05-11-2009, 05:21 PM
You're funny. The Outlaw Torn is easily the best of all the Loads and easily top 10 out of all Metallica's songs.

What are you smoking?

:lol:

Butcher of Birth
05-11-2009, 05:38 PM
What are you smoking?

:lol:

haha yeah, thats an out there statement from him isn't it?

es156
05-11-2009, 05:46 PM
haha yeah, thats an out there statement from him isn't it?

We used to have a moderator here that was a big fan of Load & Reload. He used to defend them all of the time. But I don't think he would even make a statement like that, ha ha.

leglessmoof
05-11-2009, 06:15 PM
That set is sweet!
I disagree. The St. Anger tour in 2004 degenerated into part 2 of the Black Album tour. Songs like Holier Than Thou, The God That Failed, The Unforgiven, Through The Never and Of Wolf And Man were played a lot on that tour. They do not need to start doing that again, because none of those songs are that good live, and because they're still playing 3 other Black Album songs (Enter Sandman, Sad But True, Nothing Else Matters) at every show.

For example, when I saw them on October 19, 2004 in Philadelphia (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/2004/wachovia-center-philadelphia-pa-5bd6ab40.html) they played 6 songs from the Black Album. That's ridiculous.

If they're going to break out some slower stuff, how about Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn or The Memory Remains?

If they're going to break out some rarer stuff, how about Orion, Trapped Under Ice or anything from Kill 'Em All or Garage Inc?

es156
05-11-2009, 07:15 PM
If they're going to break out some slower stuff, how about Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn or The Memory Remains?

I'm not saying they should play 6 songs off of the Black Album, but I would take any song from the Black Album over those you have listed.

I was seriously disappointed when we got Memory Remains in St. Louis instead of Ride The Lightning. That's not even remotely funny.

Maiden33
05-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Rule of thumb:

Any band with more than 5 albums shouldn't play more than 3 songs off of any one album which is not their newest, unless somehow there is a really good reason for it.

bwahhhhhhh
05-12-2009, 05:55 AM
i doubt they will ever play "orion" live again.. it's sort of a cliff burton thing. but, you never know.

PhantomLord2009
05-12-2009, 05:58 AM
I disagree. The St. Anger tour in 2004 degenerated into part 2 of the Black Album tour. Songs like Holier Than Thou, The God That Failed, The Unforgiven, Through The Never and Of Wolf And Man were played a lot on that tour. They do not need to start doing that again, because none of those songs are that good live, and because they're still playing 3 other Black Album songs (Enter Sandman, Sad But True, Nothing Else Matters) at every show.

For example, when I saw them on October 19, 2004 in Philadelphia (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/2004/wachovia-center-philadelphia-pa-5bd6ab40.html) they played 6 songs from the Black Album. That's ridiculous.

If they're going to break out some rarer stuff, how about Orion, Trapped Under Ice or anything from Kill 'Em All or Garage Inc?

Id rather not see the slower ones (accept outlaw torn!), I was a bit annoyed when I saw them in Sheffield and memory remains was played. I do agree that 6 black album songs is ridiculous but exchaning holier than thou for through the never seems like a good idea.

leglessmoof
05-12-2009, 07:17 AM
I was seriously disappointed when we got Memory Remains in St. Louis instead of Ride The Lightning. That's not even remotely funny.
I definitely agree with you there. I think The Memory Remains is a good live song because of the crowd participation. But it doesn't hold a candle to Ride The Lightning or any of their older songs.

Rule of thumb:

Any band with more than 5 albums shouldn't play more than 3 songs off of any one album which is not their newest, unless somehow there is a really good reason for it.
Agreed.

i doubt they will ever play "orion" live again.. it's sort of a cliff burton thing. but, you never know.
Orion has been performed live approximately 25 times since 2005. Mostly in Europe though. :boohoo:

bwahhhhhhh
05-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Orion has been performed live approximately 25 times since 2005. Mostly in Europe though. :boohoo:

man.. i didn't realize that. well, that's exciting!

leglessmoof
05-12-2009, 07:23 AM
man.. i didn't realize that. well, that's exciting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_TajWdB2q0

bwahhhhhhh
05-12-2009, 07:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_TajWdB2q0

Amazing! love the pink floyd "one of these days" intro

Indestructible
05-13-2009, 12:32 PM

How

hero of the day and until it sleeps are the best from load

ive tried to get threw all of load i cant do it