PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair Question

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2009, 07:25 PM
When I joined this forum, I had a buzz cut. Now my hair is past my shoulders. I dont know any girls, so I figured I would come to my long-haired metal-bros for advice.

What does it mean to 'thin out' your hair, and how do I know if I am a candidate for it? My hair is, like I said, past my shoulders and it just seems really thick to me. My lovely locks clump together alot, but the chicks at my school seem to not have that problem...(that sounds really weird.) I'm not really interested in shortening it at all, and I only occasionally get the ends straightened and a little clean up around the neck and ears. I figured I would just keep growing it throughout college, until I need to become professional or whatever, but I'm at the stage where its long and I need to style it so it looks nice.

I've seen metalheads with long hair not have my problem too...but that could just be individual hair types. My hair gets oily very quickly because I keep it pulled back for most of the day. Should I let it down more often?

Any advice? (And I apologize if this is the most homoerotic thing I have ever posted here.)

powerslave_85
05-07-2009, 07:46 PM
You could cut your hair like a man, and then you wouldn't have to gossip about hairdos with the girls at the salon.

Div
05-07-2009, 07:46 PM
go to a hair salon, not a barber shop, and ask to get your hair thinned or layered, whichever you want, then use shampoo and conditioner and a brush regularly.

then again, i have curly hair so i dont know much about straight hair.

DethMaiden
05-07-2009, 07:49 PM
then again, i have curly hair so i dont know much about straight hair.

Oh, I don't think you have to worry about anything of Cameron's being straight.

:)

SomewhereInTime72
05-07-2009, 08:03 PM

:lol: :lol:

Cut your hair, take it from me. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2009, 08:09 PM

Oh, you boys.

I actually have a cut scheduled for saturday morning with my aunt's friend, who had trimmed my hair before. Should I just ask her if she could thin my hair?

And my hair is very straight (jokes over), doesnt curl at all. Just straight, thick, and brown.

overkiller
05-07-2009, 08:09 PM
:lol: :lol:

Cut your hair, take it from me. ;)

Majorly seconded.

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Majorly seconded.
Why?

SomewhereInTime72
05-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Your Comfort and Appearance stats will be greatly raised with Haircut equipped.

mankvill
05-07-2009, 08:25 PM

+5 to Charisma!

-3 to Headbanging. :(

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2009, 08:27 PM

Yeah, but I have a fat ass head and neck, so I pretend that my hair hides some of that.

And i do like headbanging, and the feeling of hair.

Anyway, if we can deviate from the 'pro-haircut' lobbying, anyone want to verify Mike's advice?

powerslave_85
05-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Being able to roll out of bed and not do anything to your hair is great. I'd much rather have that than look cool while headbanging. Plus, women assume you'll have something to talk to them about besides swords and anime.

SomewhereInTime72
05-07-2009, 08:34 PM
What Mike said seems right, that's pretty much what I did when I had long hair (although depending on how your hair reacts you may want to go with combing instead of brushing). Conditioner = your savior. It shouldn't be that hard, from what I've heard straight hair is usually much easier/manageable than curly hair.
Plus, women assume you'll have something to talk to them about besides swords and anime.
Oh, how I love surprising the ladies.

overkiller
05-07-2009, 09:01 PM

:lol:

Why?

I look a lot better with short hair, and to tell the truth, so do most guys (though not all, granted).

That, and very soon after I cut my hair, two beautiful women fell in love with me and I've now been in a relationship with one of them for almost a year. :D I cannot guarantee the same results for you but you get my drift. ;)

+5 to Charisma!

-3 to Headbanging. :(

The unfortunate truth :(

JRA
05-07-2009, 09:48 PM
I've had short hair forever and no beautiful women have fallen in love with me. :mad:

mankvill
05-07-2009, 09:56 PM
I've had short hair forever and no beautiful women have fallen in love with me. :mad:

Grow that shit out

get a leather jacket

wear gloves

cha-CHING

TonyD
05-07-2009, 11:05 PM
If you really think having long or short hair will make a difference in getting you ladies, you're going in the wrong direction.

ChildrenofSodom
05-08-2009, 03:06 AM
Being able to roll out of bed and not do anything to your hair is great. I'd much rather have that than look cool while headbanging. Plus, women assume you'll have something to talk to them about besides swords and anime.

Yeah....when all of my peers were dating and I wasnt, I had short hair. Now all of my peers are still dating, and I'm still not. I dont really care. I don't think I would want to be with someone who would, considering all of my views/attributes, date me only if I had short hair. Seems kinda fickle. But on the other hand, I dont know if I would date a bald girl. (Please no Natalie Portman worship.)

Div
05-08-2009, 09:34 AM
TBH, i keep thinking about going back to short hair myself. i put it off because it took a long ass time to grow out and its not something you can simply "go back too" if i change my mind. plus after college im probably not going to be able to keep it anyway, so i might as well enjoy this while i can. the biggest problem i have is that its hard to base your clothes around it. looks fine with a t shirt, but if you want to wear any "nice" clothes than youre going to look weird.

mankvill
05-08-2009, 10:11 AM
when I let my hair grow out, it doesn't get long, it just goes into a jew-fro. :(

SomewhereInTime72
05-08-2009, 10:22 AM
when I let my hair grow out, it doesn't get long, it just goes into a jew-fro. :(

My hair is like this. It can be done. You just get Marty Friedman/Weird Al hair.

ChildrenofSodom
05-08-2009, 11:16 AM

I didnt know we had your 'kind' on this board.

[Just kidding Pavo.]

Div
05-08-2009, 11:42 AM
My hair is like this. It can be done. You just get Marty Friedman/Weird Al hair.

same here, if i want it to not look like a frizzy mess i need to comb in hair product while its still wet. if this was still the 80's id have the coolest looking hair tho.

mankvill
05-08-2009, 12:51 PM
I didnt know we had your 'kind' on this board.

[Just kidding Pavo.]

I'm not a jew, but you'd be surprised if you saw my hair on a hot day. :lol:

I look exactly like Jemaine Clement.

SirLardsAlot
05-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Majorly seconded.

I had a dream last night and you had long hair again, I was very confused.