The Trooper
Die With Your Boots On
Number of the Beast
Heaven Can Wait
Transylvania
Remember Tomorrow
Phantom of the Opera
Run to the Hills

Sounds like a kickass show! Too bad I couldn't go! Will be seeing them on May 26th for sure :)

PowerMaiden
05-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Khan :) yeah super set :up:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
05-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Fuckin badass.

2handband
05-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Three sets and not a single cut recorded post-'92? Lame. Almost as lame as last years Somewhere Back In Time tour.

andrew_metalhead
05-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Almost as lame as last years Somewhere Back In Time tour.

wow:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

2handband
05-06-2009, 06:56 AM
wow:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

If you're going to become a nostalgia act retire and make room for somebody else. If Maiden hadn't wasted a year playing golden oldies out on the road we could have had a NEW ALBUM by now.

andrew_metalhead
05-06-2009, 06:57 AM
If you're going to become a nostalgia act retire and make room for somebody else. If Maiden hadn't wasted a year playing golden oldies out on the road we could have had a NEW ALBUM by now.

whatever. I loved the tour because I had never seen most of those songs played live, and that was the whole purpose of the tour.

2handband
05-06-2009, 06:59 AM
whatever. I loved the tour because I had never seen most of those songs played live, and that was the whole purpose of the tour.

I'd rather they went back to releasing a new album every year or two. This three or four years shit is for the birds.

Fe Maiden
05-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Almost as lame as last years Somewhere Back In Time tour.If you saw the World Slavery Tour back in '84/'85 you'd realize how utterly rediculous this statement of yours is!

2handband
05-06-2009, 08:42 AM
If you saw the World Slavery Tour back in '84/'85 you'd realize how utterly rediculous this statement of yours is!

I'm a bit young for that, but the first concert I ever attended was the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tour a few years later. Incredible show, but I'm just really not that interested in looking back. I want a constant supply of new music, and most younger bands are shit.

new albums>>>>>>>>>>oldies tours

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-06-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm a bit young for that, but the first concert I ever attended was the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tour a few years later. Incredible show, but I'm just really not that interested in looking back. I want a constant supply of new music, and most younger bands are shit.

new albums>>>>>>>>>>oldies tours

Gotta go with the other two on this one, I think it is awesome that Maiden did that tour. It was fresh for the young kids, nostalgic for the oldies, and just a fantastic set, and NOW they are focusing on new stuff. Appeals to everyone really, I don't see what is there is to be complaining about :eyes:

andrew_metalhead
05-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Gotta go with the other two on this one, I think it is awesome that Maiden did that tour. It was fresh for the young kids, nostalgic for the oldies, and just a fantastic set, and NOW they are focusing on new stuff. Appeals to everyone really, I don't see what is there is to be complaining about :eyes:

+1

2handband
05-06-2009, 11:42 AM

Things to complain about:

1) Having to sit through worn-out, overrated-to-begin-with standards like RTTH, TNOTB, FOTD, and CIPWM for the 80 millionth time.

2) Nowhere near enough deep cuts for a tour like that; the only real surprise was Moonchild (although it was great to hear Rime played live again).

3) Four years between albums is just stupid.

andrew_metalhead
05-06-2009, 11:47 AM

1) Having to sit through worn-out, overrated-to-begin-with standards like RTTH, TNOTB, FOTD, and CIPWM for the 80 millionth time.

2) Nowhere near enough deep cuts for a tour like that; the only real surprise was Moonchild (although it was great to hear Rime played live again).

1) That means you are not a fan.
2) Can't agree. I'm sure there were many people in the ages 15-30 who had never seen Aces High, Rime, Powerslave, Phantom, Children, Revelations, Moonchild and Clairvoyant.
3) Its not. They usually come out with an album in 3 years max, if you look at their release history. In fact, the extra anticipation and wait might actually make it even better than what it would have been had it been released in 08 or this year. I prefer quality over quantity. They used to bring out an album once every year from 1980 to 1984. They don't do that now and they don't need to.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-06-2009, 11:47 AM

First of all, I don't know how you can think those songs are overrated. Just because we have heard them a million times, you know the first time you heard Run to the Hills, The Trooper, The Number of the Beast, etc, you were like....man, thats fucking metal! And besides, they transfer great live and it's fucking Maiden!

And there were definately great tracks on the set, Rime, Moonchild, Revelations, The Clairvoyant, Heaven Can Wait...need I say more?

And four years between albums due to mass touring, 1st for AMOLAD, then a tour like SBIT....I don't see how that is stupid. :eyes:

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-06-2009, 11:48 AM
1) That means you are not a fan.
2) Can't agree. I'm sure there were many people in the ages 15-30 who had never seen Aces High, Rime, Powerslave, Phantom, Children, Revelations, Moonchild and Clairvoyant.
3) Its not. They usually come out with an album in 3 years max, if you look at their release history. In fact, the extra anticipation and wait might actually make it even better than what it would have been had it been released in 08 or this year. I prefer quality over quantity. They used to bring out an album once every year from 1980 to 1984. They don't do that now and they don't need to.

Similar to mine :lol:

andrew_metalhead
05-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Similar to mine :lol:

yup. and we posted at the exact same time too. :metal:

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-06-2009, 11:53 AM
yup. and we posted at the exact same time too. :metal:

Maiden for life! :jima:

andrew_metalhead
05-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Maiden for life! :jima:

fuck yes.

JRA
05-06-2009, 12:09 PM

Make room for all the shitty mallcore acts wanting to get a record deal? No thanks. Eat diapershit. Die.

andrew_metalhead
05-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Make room for all the shitty mallcore acts wanting to get a record deal? No thanks. Eat diapershit. Die.

:lol :lol: :lol:

Fe Maiden
05-07-2009, 09:22 AM

new albums>>>>>>>>>>oldies toursIf you are too young to know that's your loss I guess! You really don't know what you missed and therefore don't know what you're talking about in that regard. For some of us it brought back some wonderful memories!

True that most younger bands are shit!

Not all new albums are as good as going back in time tours!!!

2handband
05-07-2009, 12:13 PM
If you are too young to know that's your loss I guess! You really don't know what you missed and therefore don't know what you're talking about in that regard. For some of us it brought back some wonderful memories!

True that most younger bands are shit!

Not all new albums are as good as going back in time tours!!!

As I said, I DID see SSOASS. Great memories, but I'm just not interested in nostalgia. I like looking forward.

To respond to a couple of other people's comments:

Not liking some of Maiden's songs doesn't make me a non-fan. Do you like every single song ANY band has ever recorded? Even when I was a kid back in the '80s I thought most of Maiden's singles were amongst the weakest tracks on the albums. TTAL>>>>>>>>>>The Trooper, for example. And Iron Maiden is one of the worst songs they've ever recorded.

A tour like SBIT is ideally an opportunity to pull out tons of rarities and deep cuts, and Maiden completely blew it. I'd say it's official; gems like TTAL and CSIT will never be performed live again.

When I was a kid it was quite typical to buy a dozen or so great albums every year. These days I feel lucky if there's two or three. Does nobody else see this as a problem???!!!

Fe Maiden
05-07-2009, 01:25 PM
A tour like SBIT Maiden completely blew it. Matter of opinion I guess! One of the best shows I've ever been too as far as I'm concerned!

JRA
05-07-2009, 01:51 PM
When I was a kid it was quite typical to buy a dozen or so great albums every year. These days I feel lucky if there's two or three. Does nobody else see this as a problem???!!!

And its exactly the reason why "nostalgia" is such a popular concept. If there were so many acclaimed bands making waves in metal that were universally loved, many of the old bands probably wouldn't exist nowadays. But because so many of them suck, the old guard is welcomed with open arms.

I do agree with the SBIT tour being an opportunity to bring out a shit-ton of deep classics. I was really hoping that TTAL would come out but it didn't happen. I mean if Maiden think they can survive playing only 5 classics on the AMOLAD tour, then that's all they should need on any tour.