PDA

View Full Version : First Heaven and Hell US Date

mankvill
05-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Blabmo (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=119252)

The first date of HEAVEN & HELL's upcoming U.S. tour appears to have been leaked. According to a newsletter that was sent out by the PNC Pavilion in Cincinnati, Ohio, the band featuring BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi (guitar), Ronnie James Dio (vocals), Geezer Butler (bass) and Vinny Appice (drums) is scheduled to perform at the venue on Tuesday, August 18. Support at the gig will come from COHEED AND CAMBRIA. Tickets go on sale on Friday, May 8.

Aug. 07 - Vancouver, BC - Thunderbird Arena
Aug. 08 - Seattle, WA - WaMu Theater *
Aug. 10 - San Jose, CA - Event Center Arena
Aug. 11 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theater
Aug. 12 - Phoenix, AZ - Dodge Theater
Aug. 14 - Albuquerque, NM - Journal Pavilion
Aug. 15 - Denver, CO - Red Rocks
Aug. 18 - Cincinnati, OH - PNC Pavilion
Aug. 19 - Chicago, IL - Charter One Pavilion
Aug. 21 - Detroit, MI - Meadow Brook Pavilion
Aug. 22 - Cleveland, OH - Nautica Pavilion
Aug. 23 - Baltimore, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion
Aug. 25 - New York, NY - WaMu Theater @ MSG
Aug. 27 - Wallingford, CT - Chevrolet Theatre
Aug. 28 - Boston, MA - Bank Of America Pavilion

* With NEUROSIS (COHEED AND CAMBRIA will not appear on this date)

TonyD
05-01-2009, 01:48 PM
If this is the case for the rest of the shows, I'm not going.

300%_Density
05-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Putting Coheed & Cambria on there is pretty brave. I love that band so I'm not going to complain but I really don't see how that would really work with the older crowd that H&H will bring.

Maiden33
05-01-2009, 03:22 PM
WHAT THE FUCK. When the shit are older metal bands going to realize that there are great metal bands existing today that would be right up their fans' alley and deserve the exposure? Rather than these stupid modern kid metal bands that already are way too fucking popular to begin with.

300%_Density
05-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Maybe some Iron Maiden and hope there is no more poultry thrown? :D Please don't hate me I know there are tons of Iron Maiden people on this board. Just joking of course.

2handband
05-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I saw Maiden in 2006 on the AMOLAD tour with Bullet For My Valentine opening. It was retarded; I've never seen an opening band get treated worse. You'd think these older bands would learn that most of their fans don't want to hear cookie monster "sing".

DethMaiden
05-01-2009, 09:03 PM
WHAT THE FUCK. When the shit are older metal bands going to realize that there are great metal bands existing today that would be right up their fans' alley and deserve the exposure? Rather than these stupid modern kid metal bands that already are way too fucking popular to begin with.

Coheed aren't calling themselves metal, and their music honestly fits this pretty well.

Yeah, I saw Maiden in 2006 on the AMOLAD tour with Bullet For My Valentine opening. It was retarded; I've never seen an opening band get treated worse. You'd think these older bands would learn that most of their fans don't want to hear cookie monster "sing".

Have you heard Coheed and Cambria before? Or Bullet for My Valentine (who I am certainly not defending)? Your anti-cookie monster bias is duly noted, but irrelevant given the fact that these bands sing cleanly, especially Coheed.

I really want to see this show and it's a week or so before I leave for college so I'm probably going. :rocker::party:

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm there. :shred:

Maiden33
05-01-2009, 09:34 PM
their music honestly fits this pretty well.

I'm sorry, but this statement is wrong. Even if somehow, Coheed and Cambria sound anything like Dio-Sabbath, there are over 100 bands I could name off the top of my head who would be a much better band to be supporting this tour.

Div
05-01-2009, 09:52 PM
id purposely NOT go just because of how much i cant stand coheed and their dumbass fans.

DethMaiden
05-02-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm sorry, but this statement is wrong. Even if somehow, Coheed and Cambria sound anything like Dio-Sabbath, there are over 100 bands I could name off the top of my head who would be a much better band to be supporting this tour.

True, they sound more like a mix of Rush and SIT/SSOASS-era Maiden, honestly. Wait...that sounds shockingly good!

I will see this show, and be more excited to see Coheed since it will be my third time seeing H&H. Suck it haters.

JuuKun
05-02-2009, 10:10 AM
from touring with Alice Cooper and Queensryche, to Coheed and Cambria?

What a transition...

Maiden33
05-02-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm not planning on going to this and it really has nothing to do with Coheed and Cambria. I already saw Heaven and Hell, and The Devil You Know sucks, so I don't think there will be any songs played on this tour I haven't seen that I actually WANT to see.

b_halperin
05-02-2009, 11:37 AM
i really tried giving coheed a chance back when they were touring with slipknot, but they were just way too "poppy" for me. Their vocals are so bad, and they have horrible live presence.

I would skip this show.

SomewhereInTime72
05-02-2009, 11:40 AM
True, they sound more like a mix of Rush and SIT/SSOASS-era Maiden, honestly.

Hahahaha, you fucking wish. More like shitty alt rock extended to longer song lengths and with a horrible Geddy Lee impersonator as the singer.

ChildrenofSodom
05-02-2009, 02:11 PM
i really tried giving coheed a chance back when they were touring with slipknot, but they were just way too "poppy" for me.

First mistake.

ChildrenofSodom
05-02-2009, 02:11 PM
id purposely NOT go just because of how much i cant stand coheed and their dumbass fans.

What?

TonyD
05-02-2009, 02:31 PM
I turned on the radio in my friends car last night, excited because it was the friday night "metal zone", only to hear the beginning of their Guitar Hero song. God they are terrible.

Div
05-02-2009, 03:28 PM
What?

I, in reference to myself, would so humbly choose not to attend this musical event and it's associated festivities in direct response to the uttermost state of annoyance that the musical troupe known most commonly as Coheed and Cambria, and their most loyal of fans, entice me in to feeling. This is caused not only due to their lacking musical rhythms and the terrible writing composition of the lyrical storytelling, but the overall pretentiousness that is associated with them as well.

JRA
05-02-2009, 05:32 PM
I, in reference to myself, would so humbly choose not to attend this musical event and it's associated festivities in direct response to the uttermost state of annoyance that the musical troupe known most commonly as Coheed and Cambria, and their most loyal of fans, entice me in to feeling. This is caused not only due to their lacking musical rhythms and the terrible writing composition of the lyrical storytelling, but the overall pretentiousness that is associated with them as well.

:lol: You should write contracts.

ChildrenofSodom
05-02-2009, 05:42 PM

I can read, dick, but I have never come across these pretentious Coheed fans. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Div
05-02-2009, 07:46 PM
I can read, dick, but I have never come across these pretentious Coheed fans. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

youre friends with brad arent you?

Div
05-02-2009, 07:48 PM
jokes aside, im talking about the people who go on about how much of a great rock band they are, and how great of a vocalist claudio is, and how amazing and deep his concept story is. ive read alot of science fiction books, and his "amory wars" bullshit is so bad it makes my brains start to ooze out of my ears.

ChildrenofSodom
05-02-2009, 07:53 PM
I like their music. I have never met these fans, but godknows I will ignore them. The fans dont effect their music.

DethMaiden
05-02-2009, 08:06 PM
I don't care about the stories, they're probably kind of stupid, but I think their music is damn good and the lyrics aren't too specific that they aren't still awesome without context. Is saying they're a great rock band not compatible with this without seeming pretentious?

Div
05-02-2009, 08:18 PM
...the story is about an orphaned young man named claudio who sets off to become the messiah and save the universe from the evil empire. his father, named coheed, and his mother, named cambria, were killed by the evil emperor wilhelm. his one arm has blades that extend from them and the other transforms into a gun.

if reading that didnt make your eyes bleed then i dont know what would.

regardless of all that, i wouldnt by any means consider them a "great rock band", but if you like them then oh well.

mankvill
05-02-2009, 08:52 PM
I like their music. I have never met these fans, but godknows I will ignore them. The fans dont effect their music.

And I've never met a Dragonforce fan who thinks they are the be-all, end-all greatest metal band on the planet.

;)

ChildrenofSodom
05-03-2009, 08:36 AM
And I've never met a Dragonforce fan who thinks they are the be-all, end-all greatest metal band on the planet.

;)

Ok

mankvill
05-03-2009, 03:30 PM
more "unconfirmed" dates in the first post

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-03-2009, 03:57 PM
"Unofficially" announce a Tri State date already

ADD
05-04-2009, 12:25 AM
I can actually vouch for Div, when I saw Clutch opening for Coheed & Cambria it was one of the most annoying crowds I've had the displeasure of being a part of, and Brad dude they sound nothing like your description of their music, cuz then it would be tight :tongue:

TonyD
05-04-2009, 01:03 AM
...the story is about an orphaned young man named claudio who sets off to become the messiah and save the universe from the evil empire. his father, named coheed, and his mother, named cambria, were killed by the evil emperor wilhelm. his one arm has blades that extend from them and the other transforms into a gun.

:wallbang:

Fe Maiden
05-04-2009, 07:27 AM
I'll miss the LA show since I'll be on vacation:mad: Oh Well!

mankvill
05-04-2009, 11:00 AM
All (?) dates in the first post!

One date gets Neurosis instead of Coheed.

TonyD
05-04-2009, 11:18 AM
DAMN

SomewhereInTime72
05-04-2009, 01:15 PM
All (?) dates in the first post!

One date gets Neurosis instead of Coheed.

Wow, that is a ridiculous improvement.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Coheed......:flame:
Neurosis......lucky bastards.

I really hope I can go the NY date, I might be in school by then :mad:

ADD
05-04-2009, 06:30 PM
wut damn

DethMaiden
05-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Now I am sort of reconsidering because tickets range from $54-100. :hmm:

Derelict
05-04-2009, 08:04 PM
I can actually vouch for Div, when I saw Clutch opening for Coheed & Cambria it was one of the most annoying crowds I've had the displeasure of being a part of, and Brad dude they sound nothing like your description of their music, cuz then it would be tight :tongue:

yeah that crowd was horrific, there was alot of hair gel and flat brimmed hats