PDA

View Full Version : Entire Heaven and Hell Album Streaming

mankvill
04-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Right nyah:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/heaven_and_hell/2424995/album.jhtml?popThis=playIt()

SomewhereInTime72
04-21-2009, 09:51 AM
More like "Entire Heaven and Hell Album Disappointing". :(

Maiden33
04-21-2009, 09:55 AM
More like "Entire Heaven and Hell Album Disappointing". :(

Yeah. Jesus christ is that whole album disappointing. It baffles me how they could record an entire album without any hooks, anything catchy, anything remotely memorable. It's just really fucking boring.

mankvill
04-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Yeah. Jesus christ is that whole album disappointing. It baffles me how they could record an entire album without any hooks, anything catchy, anything remotely memorable. It's just really fucking boring.

I'm listening to it now, and you basically hit the nail on the head.

It's not terrible, but it is pretty unmemorable.

Fe Maiden
04-21-2009, 12:26 PM
My work has that site blocked:mad: I'm surprised this one isn't:eyes:

GameFreac
04-21-2009, 12:56 PM

Finally some people agree with me

Everyone has been saying this is great but I listened to it and was like......ehhh

Spiral_Slave
04-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Don't waste your time people.

300%_Density
04-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Glad I read this before buying it next week. Will have to dl it tonight and check it out to see if it's worth it. Judging by everyone else on here I would assume that answer would be no.

ADD
04-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Bummer, figured this album would've gotten more popular acclaim. Probably won't check it out since all the opinions I've read about it have either been negative or just 'meh'. Too bad.

Fe Maiden
04-22-2009, 12:17 PM
So the "Bible Black" single was the best on there or what?

Maiden33
04-22-2009, 04:38 PM
So the "Bible Black" single was the best on there or what?

Yep, easily.

EvilCheeseWedge
04-22-2009, 04:49 PM
I've been listening to the album awhile and it's depressing how dull it is. The album literally just crawls along 90% of the time, and every song is based on the same template, of slow, plodding, chunky riffs. It's very doomy, but unfortunately it's just dull. I mean, these guys have some chops, but they rarely shine through.

I'd agree with the sentiments that "Bible Black" is the best song the album has to offer.

Really, the album doesn't rise above the three new tracks included in Sabbath's Dio Years greatest hits, which is disappointing. I didn't really like, "When The Devil Cried', but I think it's actually better than most of what's on Devil You Know.

I'm bummed, frankly.

And the lyrics...

"You're on a caravan to Super Man" - yes Dio, yes you are...

ravenheart
04-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Right, this arrived today, so this is my first listen... let's see how it goes.

Anyone else think it's amusing that Ronnie thanked Ritchie Blackmore in the liner notes? ;)

EvilCheeseWedge
04-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Right, this arrived today, so this is my first listen... let's see how it goes.

Anyone else think it's amusing that Ronnie thanked Ritchie Blackmore in the liner notes? ;)

LOL, he did?

My copy hasn't arrived yet.

Rainbow reunion imo.

Fe Maiden
04-29-2009, 11:22 AM
My copy hasn't arrived yet.

Rainbow reunion imo.What shall you do with your copy since you don't care for it?

Rainbow reunion???:drool:

TonyD
04-29-2009, 11:29 AM
I doubt it, Blackmore is busy working at Midieval Times.

ravenheart
04-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Rainbow reunion imo.

Most of the time with reunions I've learnt not to say "never gonna happen", but in this particular case, never gonna happen.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Rainbow reunion imo.

Just don't let RJD write the lyrics.

EvilCheeseWedge
04-29-2009, 01:53 PM
What shall you do with your copy since you don't care for it?

Rainbow reunion???:drool:

Black Sabbath is one of my favorite bands, and has been a huge influence on me. I would've never picked up the guitar if it weren't for Iommi. And I definitely have fond memories of listening to stuff like Heaven & Hell for the first time. I don't like the album, but I got it for $10 + bonus DVD, and you can pretty much chalk that up to $10 spent purely for nostalgia/collection completing.

EvilCheeseWedge
04-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Most of the time with reunions I've learnt not to say "never gonna happen", but in this particular case, never gonna happen.

Definitely.

But that's what wishful thinking is for.

EvilCheeseWedge
04-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Just don't let RJD write the lyrics.

Or Candice Night.

Better yet... no new songs.

"Man on the Silver Mountain" and "Stargazer" plz

DethMaiden
05-03-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm about halfway through the album. It's not bad...it's just uninspired and tepid. I will not mind seeing these songs live, as none of them are bad at all. They're just nothing I need to listen to twice.

andrew_metalhead
05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Got the disc today finally!
Liked the album so far. 'Atom and Evil, 'Fear' , 'Bible Black', 'The Turn Of The Screw' and 'Neverwhere' are great. I'm sure I'll like the other songs too after a few listens.