PDA

View Full Version : Mastodon -- San Francisco, CA -- April 19th, 2009

TonyD
04-20-2009, 02:35 AM
Great show other than guitar issues during The Wolf is Loose and Crystal Skull. I saw Rob Flynn and Lars watching from the balcony, and heard that Trujillo was present. Matt and Des from High on Fire were also there, and watching riff-master Pike play drunk air guitar during Seabeast and March of the Fire Ants was probably the most entertaining sight all night. I'll write some more later.

Mastodon:
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs015.snc1/2967_1130756276020_1440635281_30329184_788821_n.jp g

Kylesa: missing one song
Running Red
Perception
Scapegoat
Unknown Awareness
Said and Done
Only One
Where The Horizon Unfolds
Hollow Server

Whether it was something they stumbled upon or a well formulated part, cheers for writing the main riff and harmony in "The Literal Black Cloud".
All I can confirm of Intronaut:
Australopithecus
The Literal Black Cloud
Whittler of Fortune
Cavernous Den Of Shame

es156
04-20-2009, 08:38 PM
I am looking forward to this show. I like what I have heard so far of the new Kylesa CD. it should be cool to see the two drummers tearing it up live. I hope Mastodon plays Colony Of Birchmen in Chicago.

Natrlhi
04-22-2009, 11:06 AM
This might be the most anticipated show on my list for the next few weeks / months. I like all three of these bands a great deal. Kylesa'a new album is spectacular, IntrOnaut's "Prehistoricisms" made it all the way to #5 for me last year, and "Crack the Skye" is really growing on me as well. Thanks for posting this - I hope you had a blast! :fist:

Nat :horns:

Natrlhi
04-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Matt and Des from High on Fire were also there, and watching riff-master Pike play drunk air guitar during Seabeast and March of the Fire Ants was probably the most entertaining sight all night.

:lol: AWESOME :party:

Matt Pike is truly THE SHIT. :rocker:

Frankthetank727
04-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Wow Megalodon. That would be sweet if they also played that one in Chicago. I have been listening to alot of Leviathan (and Crack the Skye) lately and that song always just stands out to me. Overall though, pretty impressive set list IMO.