14. Home Again
15. Best I Can
16. The Thin Line
17. Resistance
18. Another Rainy Night
19. Della Brown

20. Empire
21. Take Hold of the Flame

The only songs from Rage For Order and American Soldier that they didn't play over the course of the 2 nights were Chemical Youth and Hundred Mile Stare. Someone stated that Chemical Youth was on the set list but was not played. I would have to say that I prefer the set from the first night but I am glad that I will be able to see them more than once on this tour. It will be interesting to see if they are going to alternate between the 2 set lists or if they are going to switch things up each night.

Altmer7989
04-18-2009, 10:29 AM
no mindcrime is gay

es156
04-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Altmer, your comment doesn't even deserve a response.

:tp:

pollyizz
04-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Unfortunately the way he phrased it is immature, but to play nothing off of mindcrime...well that sucks. I can,t imagine a single Queensryche fan going to a show not hoping beyond hope to hear Operation Mindcrime, Spreading the Disease, and of course Eyes of a Stranger. I would have mildy dippaspointed and I have been a fan of Queensryche since the very beginning of the band.

ijwthstd
04-18-2009, 04:17 PM
They have done the complete Mindcrime endlessly the last few years so I wouldn't be bothered by nothing off it at all. And I would easily sit thru most of that garbage two nights in a row to hear most of Rage For Order.

jhdeity
04-20-2009, 06:16 AM
Yeah, the last thing in the entire world I want to hear is something off Mindcrime. It's tired and overplayed. Warning is a much better album start to finish and if you have the Live in Tokyo you know that Child of Fire and Deliverance are incredible live. That's if Geoff can still sing Child of Fire of course. I'd rather hear Prophecy than anything off of Mindcrime personally.

DethMaiden
04-20-2009, 06:24 AM
Neue Regel is probably the worst opener ever.

billsfan960
04-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Queensryche is doing three acts (suites) on this tour.
1- Rage
2- American Soldier
3- Empire

As they have "announced" on all the billboards.

Plus they did the WHOLE mindcrine 1 and 2 last year (as fantastic as that was)

SomewhereInTime72
04-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Neue Regel is probably the worst opener ever.

Yet possibly the best song on Rage for Order.

Fe Maiden
04-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Yet possibly the best song on Rage for Order.Meh, not the best but it is good! It works as an opener for me!

jhdeity
04-22-2009, 05:51 AM
I think The Whisper would be a great opener then Neue Regal. I remember seeing them open for Metallica on the Justice tour and almost 10 thousand people signed a petition to hear Surgical Strike and they played it because of that.

I haven't seen them live since strictly because most times they were opening for Dream Theater or whoever and their setlist was a total joke. I'll never understand the fascination with Eyes of a Stranger, Speak, I don't believe in love and revolution calling. Those songs are repetative and boring with unintelligent lyrics to me. In the context of the album they fit but in a live show they're boring. Seriously the chorus to IDBIL is the worst chorus of ANY QR song ever. Those lyrics make Anvil look like mensa menbers. hahaha

My point is if they had only been playing The Needle Lies & Spreading the Disease along with 1 or 2 of those AND Surgical Strike, Whipser, Nightrider, Deliverance & Warning I would have seen many more QR shows. I assumed Geoff just couldn't sing them anymore since he struggles with Take Hold of the flame...

Fe Maiden
04-22-2009, 07:20 AM
I think The Whisper would be a great openerThey've already done that!

Fe Maiden
04-22-2009, 07:21 AM
I haven't seen them live since strictly because most times they were opening for Dream Theater or whoever and their setlist was a total joke. I'll never understand the fascination with Eyes of a Stranger, Speak, I don't believe in love and revolution calling. Those songs are repetative and boring with unintelligent lyrics to me. In the context of the album they fit but in a live show they're boring. Seriously the chorus to IDBIL is the worst chorus of ANY QR song ever. Those lyrics make Anvil look like mensa menbers. hahaha
...:tp:

Maiden33
04-22-2009, 08:06 AM
They've already done that!

Yeah... 3 of the 4 times I've seen them haha.

Sanitarium78
04-25-2009, 10:29 AM
They have done the complete Mindcrime endlessly the last few years so I wouldn't be bothered by nothing off it at all. And I would easily sit thru most of that garbage two nights in a row to hear most of Rage For Order.

While Rage For Order is awesome and i'm glad to see they're playing a lot off it to not do anything off Mindcrime is insane. I've seen them live a few times and have heard a good ammount of Mindcrime live but you still have to do something off it. At every show there's always people seeing that band for the first time expecting to hear certian songs. I know if it was my first time seeing them i'd be disappointed that there was nothing from Mindcrime in the set.

ijwthstd
04-25-2009, 11:08 AM
But is there anybody left who hasn't seen them? They play here at least once and often twice a year. Seems to me they are desperately coming up with new angles to keep the die hards coming in.

Sanitarium78
04-25-2009, 07:10 PM
They don't play my city (at least not as the headliner) too often so it's deffinately possible there's people out there who want to see them who haven't yet

EvilCheeseWedge
04-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Set lists are a lose/lose.

Mindcrime? "We're sick of hearing Mindcrime."
No Mindcrime?" "How could they not play Mindcrime!?"

They are basically playing two set lists this tour and rotating those two every other night, which is pretty cool, and seeing as how they actually change a substantial number of songs, kind of rare thing to see.

I think they generally play a mix of what they want to play, and what people want to hear. For having only seen them in the last three years, and not having seen this tour yet (or the last one) I've heard them play over 60 different songs.

That's pretty good imo.

Maiden33
04-25-2009, 08:43 PM
In my opinion, the only thing they really could have done to make this better while keeping the format is move Empire back into the main set, and have the encore be Take Hold and something off Mindcrime, probably Eyes of a Stranger. That way, it totally keeps the Rage For Order/American Soldier/Empire feature in focus, while having both The Warning and Mindcrime somewhat represented.

EvilCheeseWedge
04-25-2009, 10:21 PM
In my opinion, the only thing they really could have done to make this better while keeping the format is move Empire back into the main set, and have the encore be Take Hold and something off Mindcrime, probably Eyes of a Stranger. That way, it totally keeps the Rage For Order/American Soldier/Empire feature in focus, while having both The Warning and Mindcrime somewhat represented.

Yeah, that's a good call. I didn't really understand why they were playing "Empire" on occasion as an encore... even if not Mindcrime/Warning, it seems like the encore should at least be from an album not represented every night.

TheWhisper88
04-26-2009, 09:45 AM
The encore song should be Promised Land :D

Altmer7989
04-26-2009, 09:47 AM
I only like Mindcrime so the only reason for me to see them is if they play Mindcrime stuff. I don't care if it's tired or overplayed because it's GOOD.