ChildrenofSodom
04-16-2009, 12:11 PM
HAHAHA

mankvill
04-16-2009, 12:48 PM
supa, supa kawaii

JuuKun
04-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Hell yeah, one of my most anticipated albums of the year. Can't wait.

GWAR654
04-16-2009, 01:47 PM
OMG cant wait! Behemoth fucking owns

Natrlhi
04-16-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm lookin' forward to it, too (although maybe not as much as you :lol:).

I love how I can see right through these guys in terms of the costumes they wear and the things they do (like Nergal's ripping of the Bible for every show on the last tour), and yet I just don't care. Their music is just so fucking cool, I love to listen to it regardless. It's almost like Nergal and company know that the whole anti-church thing is just to gain a little extra fan base from the angry teenoids, and that is just fine with them. I'll bet they even believe in God (in some form, just not what the church is shoveling).

Anyways, awesome band. :rocker: Inferno fucking rules (even though he cheats a little, it's still all good :D).

SomewhereInTime72
04-16-2009, 01:54 PM
I love how I can see right through these guys in terms of the costumes they wear and the things they do (like Nergal's ripping of the Bible for every show on the last tour), and yet I just don't care. Their music is just so fucking cool, I love to listen to it regardless. It's almost like Nergal and company know that the whole anti-church thing is just to gain a little extra fan base from the angry teenoids, and that is just fine with them. I'll bet they even believe in God (in some form, just not what the church is shoveling).

:eyes: Have you read any of their lyrics, or better yet any of the liner notes in their albums? :eyes:

Btw I can't fucking wait for this album. :horns:

Natrlhi
04-16-2009, 02:10 PM
:eyes: Have you read any of their lyrics, or better yet any of the liner notes in their albums? :eyes:

Oh, definitely.

Dude, I am a big fan - I just think their entire schtick seems to be a little bit contrived. I mean, they hate THE CHURCH. I get that. So do I. But I don't think they are really, truly anti-God (and again, I agree - I believe in a higher power, just not the one that some church tells me I have to believe in or I'm going to have to go sit in the corner for all eternity!). I 've seen interviews with Nergal, and he seems like a highly intelligent dude - and most cats that are that enlightened believe in some kind of higher power (because it only makes sense that there is some kind of cosmic order that we just can't explain with science and equations and chemical reactions). In fact, speaking of interviews, I think I'm getting these ideas because of an interview I saw somewhere with Nergal once - and I seem to remember him saying some stuff similar to what I'm saying here.

Anyway, as I said, I'm a Behemoth fan - I just think these guys know exactly who their audience is, and they play to them perfectly.

Just my take it on it...I could be way off. ;)

Nat :horns:

ChildrenofSodom
04-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Oh, definitely.

Dude, I am a big fan - I just think their entire schtick seems to be a little bit contrived. I mean, they hate THE CHURCH. I get that. So do I. But I don't think they are really, truly anti-God (and again, I agree - I believe in a higher power, just not the one that some church tells me I have to believe in or I'm going to have to go sit in the corner for all eternity!). I 've seen interviews with Nergal, and he seems like a highly intelligent dude - and most cats that are that enlightened believe in some kind of higher power (because it only makes sense that there is some kind of cosmic order that we just can't explain with science and equations and chemical reactions). In fact, speaking of interviews, I think I'm getting these ideas because of an interview I saw somewhere with Nergal once - and I seem to remember him saying some stuff similar to what I'm saying here.

Who is this kid, me back in 2006? :lol:

I used to be a 'Christian' that hated Church, but still clung to a belief in a higher being. I tried to reconcile my belief in God and taste for anti-religious music (metal), but it was hard. I realized that the only reason we are made aware of the concept of 'god' is because the church tells us so. Religion is taught to us. And its all a lie. There isn't proof. In my eyes, and in the eyes of many of the most intelligent and artistic humans to ever exist, science can explain alot, and if science can't explain it today, there is always the possibility that we may explore and learn and explain it in the future.

I dont think Nergal is a true pagan or heathen or whatever he is, although he may be (hey look at Varg), but i have no doubt he is at least atheist. And the reason I doubt he is truly a pagan is because if a person is self-aware enough to acknowledge the non-existence of a Christian God, then why would you genuinely worship deities so silly as Set or Thor?

I'm not saying you shouldnt believe in God, you can do whatever you like, but I was once in your sandals, and now I'm not.

ChildrenofSodom
04-16-2009, 03:25 PM
It is really funny though. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCDtrGL76jo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wearealone.org%2F2008%2F11%2 Fnergal-of-behemoth-rips-up-bible-at.html&feature=player_embedded)

SomewhereInTime72
04-16-2009, 03:32 PM
It is really funny though. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCDtrGL76jo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wearealone.org%2F2008%2F11%2 Fnergal-of-behemoth-rips-up-bible-at.html&feature=player_embedded)

!!! One of the funnest shows I've been to. :D

Wizzbang11
04-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Well, I hope it's as good as the Apostasy. The Apostasy was great.

JuuKun
04-16-2009, 05:03 PM
I dont think Nergal is a true pagan or heathen or whatever he is, although he may be (hey look at Varg), but i have no doubt he is at least atheist. And the reason I doubt he is truly a pagan is because if a person is self-aware enough to acknowledge the non-existence of a Christian God, then why would you genuinely worship deities so silly as Set or Thor?

I have no idea about the rest of the band, but Nergal is a Thelemite.

ChildrenofSodom
04-16-2009, 05:12 PM
So, Thelemites believe that you should do what they want. Then why the hell all the mysticism and mythology?

Butcher of Birth
04-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Well, I hope it's as good as the Apostasy. The Apostasy was great.

I can't get into it as much as Demigod. Demigod was brilliant! Besides 2-3 tracks, Apostasy is lack luster. Demigod is a classic. I'm hoping for something along those lines.

Natrlhi
04-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Who is this kid, me back in 2006? :lol:

I don't get the "inside joke", if that's what it is - since I wasn't on this board back in 2006. Suffice to say that I'm not a "kid", as you put it - I'm 38. I'm going to assume you weren't trying to be condescending, although I admit that was my first impression.

I'm not saying you shouldnt believe in God, you can do whatever you like, but I was once in your sandals, and now I'm not.
Here again you kinda sound a bit condescending with the "sandals" remark, but I'm going to assume that you mean that you think I'm a Christian. That assumption would be incorrect. I was raised as such, but life experiences have led me to much different beliefs. I don't thump the Bible or any other book, but I do believe in a power greater than myself, beyond a shadow of a doubt (and for the record, unlike you, I've never had any trouble reconciling that with the music I love, because I don't listen to lyrics much except in the case of Tool or a band like that who is trying to say something...a great deal of what I like either has no lyrics at all, or the lyrics aren't meant to be taken that seriously anyway).

With regard to the rest of my comments, and the rest of yours, I say we just leave it as is. The last thing I want to do is get into a debate about religion on a metal board (or any other board for that matter).

I'm just here to discuss the music that I love, and let it go at that. As I stated, I like Behemoth a great deal, and I think they know how to entertain their audience well.

ChildrenofSodom
04-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Your post

I wasn't trying to be condescending, just slipping in a few jokes here and there. And I didnt think you were a 'kid', its just a term of affection.

Yeah, i didnt really want to debate, just bringing things up. Do what thou wilt.

Natrlhi
04-16-2009, 07:18 PM
I can't get into it as much as Demigod. Demigod was brilliant! Besides 2-3 tracks, Apostasy is lack luster. Demigod is a classic. I'm hoping for something along those lines.

Couldn't agree more - you hit the nail right on the head. :agree:

Natrlhi
04-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Do what thou wilt.

...or so would say a Thelemite. Nice closer. :party:

Wizzbang11
04-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Isn't that a Satanist thing?
I don't know, they all suck in my book.

Demigod was great, and I also love a lot of the earlier behemoth stuff like Grom (which most of the people I talk to seem to hate), I more meant I hope it stays par with Apostasy, which I did love.

JuuKun
04-17-2009, 11:11 AM
I loved The Apostasy, and as far as Demigod goes, I think it is way overrated. It's a good album, but I don't think it's their best - Satanica is.

Indestructible
04-18-2009, 01:05 PM
they have one good song

mankvill
04-18-2009, 04:40 PM
they have one good song

get out of here :barf:

DethMaiden
04-18-2009, 06:26 PM
(and for the record, unlike you, I've never had any trouble reconciling that with the music I love, because I don't listen to lyrics much except in the case of Tool or a band like that who is trying to say something...a great deal of what I like either has no lyrics at all, or the lyrics aren't meant to be taken that seriously anyway).

Uhhhh....this is bugging me. Lyrics play some role or they wouldn't be there, man.

Natrlhi
04-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Uhhhh....this is bugging me. Lyrics play some role or they wouldn't be there, man.

I never said they don't play a role. I merely said I don't get hung up on them too much. Just because I believe in a higher power, it doesn't offend me if a band decides to write lyrics to the contrary. That's all I'm saying.

I also think that many of us have more of an ability to distance ourselves from taking lyrics too seriously than one might think. Otherwise, many of us fans (you and me included, brosef :D) would have to be locked up in a looney bin for liking bands like Carcass. Am I right? I mean, do any of us really want to see actual human bodies torn limb from limb, burnt to a crisp and dissolved in acid?

A healthy detachment is all I'm talking about here - not taking things too seriously or literally. That was my whole point.

overkiller
04-18-2009, 09:51 PM
most cats that are that enlightened believe in some kind of higher power (because it only makes sense that there is some kind of cosmic order that we just can't explain with science and equations and chemical reactions).

Ahem.

Speaking of being condescending.

DethMaiden
04-19-2009, 08:50 AM
I never said they don't play a role. I merely said I don't get hung up on them too much. Just because I believe in a higher power, it doesn't offend me if a band decides to write lyrics to the contrary. That's all I'm saying.

I also think that many of us have more of an ability to distance ourselves from taking lyrics too seriously than one might think. Otherwise, many of us fans (you and me included, brosef :D) would have to be locked up in a looney bin for liking bands like Carcass. Am I right? I mean, do any of us really want to see actual human bodies torn limb from limb, burnt to a crisp and dissolved in acid?

A healthy detachment is all I'm talking about here - not taking things too seriously or literally. That was my whole point.

Alright, alright. I don't take them "seriously" in that case, but I can stomach violent lyrics meant in jest a lot more easily than, say, NSBM lyrics.

mankvill
04-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Alright, alright. I don't take them "seriously" in that case, but I can stomach violent lyrics meant in jest a lot more easily than, say, NSBM lyrics.

ONLY!
WHITE
MAN'S
POWAHHH!!!

(Nokturnal Mortum rules)

JuuKun
04-19-2009, 01:45 PM
I mean, do any of us really want to see actual human bodies torn limb from limb, burnt to a crisp and dissolved in acid?

Times like this, we need some sort of hand-raising emoticon.

ChildrenofSodom
04-19-2009, 02:23 PM
ONLY!
WHITE
MAN'S
POWAHHH!!!

(Nokturnal Mortum rules)

Ok, well, lets keep that bullshit in Kansas please.

mankvill
04-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Ok, well, lets keep that bullshit in Kansas please.

but they're from ukraine

i wish they'd come here! :party: