PDA

View Full Version : MDF Saturday Ticket(s) Needed!!!

Natrlhi
04-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Well friends, I f-ed up and procrastinated my purchase of a ticket for Maryland Death Fest. :bouville:

I know, I know. It's my own damn fault. :mad:

But I was hoping beyond hope that maybe somebody could help me out. Do you have an extra ticket(s) for Saturday, or maybe know somebody that does? I am looking for one for sure, and maybe two. I know they said on the MDF site that some additional tickets MAY become available in early May, but this is not definite and I would like to have my travel plans made before then.

So if you hear anything or know anybody, the help would be very much appreciated. Message me or reply to this post, or whatever. Thanks.

Nat :horns:

b_halperin
04-16-2009, 01:49 AM
maybe ebay

Natrlhi
04-16-2009, 02:33 AM
Trust me... that's the first place I checked. That, and Craig's List.

Thanks for the tip, though. :rocker:

mankvill
04-16-2009, 09:27 AM
They will be adding more tickets sometime in May, they just needed to make sure they could first. That's probably your best bet, or just buy a 3-day ticket. YOU LUCKY BASTARD.

Natrlhi
04-16-2009, 12:25 PM
They will be adding more tickets sometime in May, they just needed to make sure they could first.

Have you heard that this is definitely the case?

That's probably your best bet, or just buy a 3-day ticket. YOU LUCKY BASTARD.

I'm "semi-lucky". I only have clearance from the boss (a.k.a. wife) :whipped: for Saturday. I might try to finagle (sp?) Sunday as well, but Friday is definitely out, because I have to watch my two-and-a-half-year-old son that day (I am leaving early Saturday morning and making the drive...how bad is *my* obsession?). :rocker::rocker:

mankvill
04-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Have you heard that this is definitely the case?

Yes, if I remember correctly. Check www.smnnews.com and the MDF forums.

Natrlhi
04-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Looks like you are correct - they are now saying that the tickets WILL be on sale - it's just a question of when, and how many will be available.

I'm still going to leave my request officially open, though. If somebody has a spare ticket(s), I'd rather go that route rather than leave it to chance. Otherwise, I'll be checking daily starting May 1st! :eyes:

Natrlhi
05-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Well the drama is officially over. They eventually did set up a waiting list, I got on it right away, they e-mailed me about a week later and I bought a ticket immediately. Received it late last week. So now I am officially a lucky bastard, Mankvill. :D Thanks for the advice. :rocker:

Me :party:

You :snivel:

Me :dance:

You :angry:

Me :drool:

You :tp:

:bowdown: Bolt Thrower
:fist: Atheist
:eek: Napalm Death
:axe: Brutal Truth
:blaze: Hail of Bullets
:scared: Pig Destroyer

mankvill
05-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Me :mad::flame:

Which days are you going? If Friday, you GOTTA watch Jig-Ai for me.

Natrlhi
05-06-2009, 05:34 AM

Nope. Going Saturday only. I might try to extend my off-leash time with the wife and get me a pass for Sunday, but I'm playing that one by ear.

I've been hearing a lot of good stuff about Jig-Ai, though. I'm gonna have to check them out some time.

b_halperin
05-06-2009, 06:06 AM
there is no friday murderfest show...

overkiller
05-06-2009, 06:08 AM
there is no friday murderfest show...

lol

b_halperin
05-06-2009, 06:09 AM
no seriously im gettin confused. theyre only selling 2-day passes on the website..

SomewhereInTime72
05-06-2009, 12:16 PM
no seriously im gettin confused. theyre only selling 2-day passes on the website..

Wrong fest.

mankvill
05-06-2009, 12:34 PM

Maryland Death Fest

not MurDerFest

:lol:

b_halperin
05-06-2009, 06:06 PM
o shit hahahah my bad. i was so caught up with murderfest that i got confused hahaha

JuuKun
05-07-2009, 07:39 PM

I'll try and remember to watch Jig-Ai for you, even if I can't get into them.

<-- Going to all three days.

mankvill
05-07-2009, 08:29 PM
I'll try and remember to watch Jig-Ai for you, even if I can't get into them.

<-- Going to all three days.

:fist:

And now here is my list of bands you HAVE TO SEE.

Friday:
Asphyx
Mayhem
Marduk
Venomous Concept
Cephalic Carnage
Cattle Decapitation
Victims
Sayyadina
Pigsty
Jig-Ai
Gnostic
Hero Destroyed
Triac

Saturday:
Bolt Thrower
Atheist
Napalm Death
Brutal Truth
Immolation
Hail of Bullets
General Surgery
Wolves in the Throne Room
Birdflesh (Must-see for Saturday)
Pig Destroyer
Rotten Sound
Misery Index
Phobia
Flesh Parade
Unearthly Trance
Pretty Little Flower
Crowpath
Man Must Die
Weekend Nachos
Maruta
Drugs of Faith

Sunday:
Pestilence
Destroyer 666 (Must-see for Sunday)
Abscess
Aura Noir
Absu
Sigh
Devourment
The Red Chord
Trap Them
Despise You
Antigama
Yakuza
Krallice
Splitter
Agenda of Swine
Kill the Client
Catheter
Lair of the Minotaur
Magrudergrind
The Endless Blockade
Complete Failure

Of course, try and see all you can. But those are the must-sees. ;)

JuuKun
05-08-2009, 05:43 AM
Haha, most of those bands I was planning on seeing anyways.

mankvill
05-08-2009, 06:57 AM
Haha, most of those bands I was planning on seeing anyways.

:party:

Sunday is boner-inducing.

D666, Absu, AND Aura Noir?

Blackthrash? Don't mind if I do.

Natrlhi
05-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Saturday:
Bolt Thrower
Atheist
Napalm Death
Brutal Truth
Immolation
Hail of Bullets
General Surgery
Wolves in the Throne Room
Birdflesh (Must-see for Saturday)
Pig Destroyer
Rotten Sound
Misery Index
Phobia
Flesh Parade
Unearthly Trance
Pretty Little Flower
Crowpath
Man Must Die
Weekend Nachos
Maruta
Drugs of Faith

Sunday:
Pestilence
Destroyer 666 (Must-see for Sunday)
Abscess
Aura Noir
Absu
Sigh
Devourment
The Red Chord
Trap Them
Despise You
Antigama
Yakuza
Krallice
Splitter
Agenda of Swine
Kill the Client
Catheter
Lair of the Minotaur
Magrudergrind
The Endless Blockade
Complete Failure

Of course, try and see all you can. But those are the must-sees. ;)

Two minor omissions from Mankvill's list, and one major one:

Trap Them is actually a pretty damn cool new(er) band - they have that buzzsaw guitar tone thing going strong (like Dismember and other bands).

Lair of the Minotaur is also pretty good. They win the award for most "metal" album title for 2008..."War Metal Battle Master". :rocker:
These guys just live to play the music they love, and they have a lot of fun doing it (and it shows in their live performances).

...and how Mankvill could forget the mighty :bowdown: PIG DESTROYER is beyond me (perhaps to the point of being unforgivable...shame, shame :D)

mankvill
05-11-2009, 01:05 PM
I saw LotM when they opened for Boris last year. They melted many hipsters faces!

Sorry about Pig Destroyer! Too much grind! TOO MUCH GRIND!

es156
05-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I saw LotM when they opened for Boris last year. They melted many hipsters faces!

Ha ha, that must have been fun to watch.

mankvill
05-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Ha ha, that must have been fun to watch.

I met a friend there (he's an uber-hipster) and after the show, he couldn't stop talking about how he hated LotM. "This isn't a metal show!"

:mad:

SomewhereInTime72
05-11-2009, 09:26 PM
I met a friend there (he's an uber-hipster) and after the show, he couldn't stop talking about how he hated LotM. "This isn't a metal show!"

:mad:

Seriously?

Seriously?

:hecho:

JuuKun
05-17-2009, 11:05 AM
So, less than a week before the show, I'm being told that I can't go. Fuck this bullshit.

Natrlhi, enjoy what you see for me too.

God damn it I'm so pissed.

mankvill
05-17-2009, 11:07 AM
So, less than a week before the show, I'm being told that I can't go. Fuck this bullshit.

Natrlhi, enjoy what you see for me too.

God damn it I'm so pissed.

:(

sneak out

JuuKun
05-17-2009, 11:38 AM
:(

sneak out

Not so easy.

First I was supposed to room with a friend of mine from North Carolina. All was well, he had a hotel room booked and everything. I haven't talked to him in a few weeks, and his phone is disconnected for some reason. So I talked to my dad about it and he was like "Fuck it, I'll take you".

Then he thought about it, and he realized we don't have the money to go down and get a room, and he's "not comfortable" with me going myself I guess.

I wish he had said all this BEFORE I got my hopes up and bought my ticket. Fuck I wanted to see General Surgery and Bolt Thrower so fucking bad.

mankvill
05-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Keep buttering up your Dad and he might still take you :D

Natrlhi
05-18-2009, 09:51 AM
I wish he had said all this BEFORE I got my hopes up and bought my ticket.

If the ticket is already purchased, what does he expect you to do with it now? I would try to play that angle, going extra-heavy on how hard it would be to get rid of the ticket since it is an out-of-town show and all (even though you and I both know you could probably sell the damn thing for a profit on eBay or criagslist :eyes::D).

If the guilt trip thing doesn't work, maybe you could offer to help share in the travel expenses somehow - say, by doing some work around the house for free, or earning the money some other way after you get back and paying him back for the gas money, at least. It sounds like you were only planning on going to Saturday night, in which case a hotel room for one night shouldn't exactly break the bank. My brother and I got a room about five or six miles away for around $69.

Either way, just play it cool. If you get pissed, he may not want to go to the trouble to do what you want. If he sees that you are generally bummed, though, I suspect you'll have a better chance. How convincing is your "sad puppy dog" look? :(;)

In short:
:mad: Bad
:snivel: Good

...just some random thoughts. Hope you get to go.

JuuKun
05-18-2009, 10:59 AM
I was going to all three nights.

But, it's not just that. My dad's got Stage IV Lung Cancer, which has caused a few brain tumors - they're gone now, but it's got him permanently "disabled" as far as the government is concerned. We're living on social security checks (I used money from my birthday for the MDF ticket), so we just can't afford it. I was pissed off before, but I guess I understand. Just not fucking happy about it since he never mentioned the possibility of it not being affordable until YESTERDAY.