PDA

View Full Version : Dave Mustaine: "Upcoming Tour Will Squash Potential Feud"

mankvill
04-10-2009, 04:22 AM
Blab (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=117897)

"Today is the 9th of April and I have agreed to doing something last night that I am sure a lot of people are going to be very excited about, and something that I had hoped would one day lead to another one of the potential feuds going away for good, if not for a long while."

Metallica?
Slayer?
Suicidal Tendencies?
Down?
Anthrax?

mankvill
04-10-2009, 04:22 AM
FUCK OFF ABOUT MUSTAINE BEING MISSPELLED, I JUST WOKE UP :mad:

es156
04-10-2009, 06:33 AM

Easy there, Cheetah, nothing that can't be fixed. ;)

es156
04-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Well, I am guessing that it is probably Slayer, as the rest wouldn't make much sense. Between JeremySaal and myself, one of us would be thrilled and one of us would be less than thrilled, ha ha.

powerslave_85
04-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Can I still make fun of you for misspelling "feud?"

es156
04-10-2009, 06:59 AM

Ha ha! I missed that one.

mankvill
04-10-2009, 07:02 AM

...D: shut up

DethMaiden
04-10-2009, 08:18 AM
If it's Slayer, that tour will be pretty awesome and I'll have to go. If it's Metallica......well, come on, it won't be Metallica. :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
04-10-2009, 08:59 AM
I hope it isnt Down....didnt they already try that one?

Div
04-10-2009, 10:05 AM
ALL OF THEM

THERE WILL BE NO SURVIVORS

TonyD
04-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Lamb of God?
Suicide Silence?

b_halperin
04-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Suicide Silence?

:lame:

300%_Density
04-10-2009, 01:09 PM
For Dave to make a comment like that I would imagine it would have to be fairly big. If it was like Down or something I really don't think people would really care quite as much. Now if it was Slayer or someone like that it would be pretty big. Hopefully this won't be a monumental letdown as some rumors normally are.

JRA
04-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Since when does Dave a feud with Phil Anselmo, or anyone in Down?

300%_Density
04-10-2009, 02:25 PM
I read on Wikipedia that when Pantera was around Dave said something to the effect of a band might as well be paying him royalties to his band for ripping them off. He said we won't name names, just call them the spanish version for panther. Not sure just read it on there. Probably still in the junkie Mustaine days. :) Not as highly publicized as Metallica or others.

ChildrenofSodom
04-10-2009, 05:46 PM
I bet it will be Megadeth, Heaven and Hell, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Metallica.

b_halperin
04-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Megadeth, Heaven and Hell, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Metallica.

:orgasm:

Butcher of Birth
04-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Well seeing how Anthrax was on Gigantour 2005 (The 1st one) I see that feud being over with. Other then that, I don't like any of those other bands mentioned haha. A Tour with Megadeth without Slayer or Metallica would be great for me! haha I wouldn't have to be bored and/or unhappy before or after Megs. Iron Maiden would be cool with Megs; just watched "Classic Albums: Number of the Beast" and Dave was in talking about the album so you know he is def. a fan and would be down for that touring package.

I just want this new album to come out. They've made more and more progress on each album this decade, and with the addition of Chris and a new studio, and a recent great tour with Priest and Testament (Hope Test. is on the next Gigantour ;)), hopefully now that they're back in the village... sorry, studio, they will make one hell of an album.

Gigantour would be great if it was Megs, Testament, Anthrax, Iced Earth, Adagio, DevilDriver (For Jeremy haha), and Misc. other bands. I'd pay top dollar for that.

Maiden33
04-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Well seeing how Anthrax was on Gigantour 2006 (The 1st one)

Gigantour would be great if it was Megs, Testament, Anthrax, Iced Earth, Adagio, DevilDriver (For Jeremy haha), and Misc. other bands. I'd pay top dollar for that.

Two things.

1.Gigantour started in 2005.

2.Adagio, haha, funny. Yes, like that band will ever tour America.

Butcher of Birth
04-10-2009, 08:54 PM
I've spoken with Adagio and my friend and myself have started a Street Team for the US for Adagio and the band checks in from time to time giving us their thanks, and such. According to to sources close to Megadeth (Shawn Drover is one), Shawn and Glenn are good friends with the band, and as you may know Glenn is on Forte's new solo album, and they would love to one day tour together.

They told me (the street team) it's hard to even get on Festivals here in the States because their label doesn't see us as a market, but without a doubt, if they toured here right now with Archangels under their belt, they could get quite a following. I love this band.

And thanks for the correction, I looked at the Flyer for it on my door for that Gigantour and I couldn't make it out so I said "Hell... 06 was a good year for me haha".

Maiden33
04-10-2009, 09:06 PM
I've spoken with Adagio and my friend and myself have started a Street Team for the US for Adagio and the band checks in from time to time giving us their thanks, and such. According to to sources close to Megadeth (Shawn Drover is one), Shawn and Glenn are good friends with the band, and as you may know Glenn is on Forte's new solo album, and they would love to one day tour together.

They told me (the street team) it's hard to even get on Festivals here in the States because their label doesn't see us as a market, but without a doubt, if they toured here right now with Archangels under their belt, they could get quite a following. I love this band.

And thanks for the correction, I looked at the Flyer for it on my door for that Gigantour and I couldn't make it out so I said "Hell... 06 was a good year for me haha".

Well there isn't a market in the US for Adagio or other bands like them, or even more popular than they are. They are just one of those types of bands that occasionally it seems like they're picking up popularity because groups of people in different areas like them, but they're most likely never going to rise above cult status at best. Their first album is still the only album a lot of people have ever heard from them. Bands much more popular than them will never come to America, and although it upsets me, I understand. You can want to play for the 50 people who want to see you in 15 cities in America all you want, but it's just financially feasible to go through all of the bother to make it happen. You have absolutely NO idea how badly I want to see bands like Nocturnal Rites, Royal Hunt, Lord, Vanishing Point, At Vance, Astral Doors, and Masterplan. But I just have basically come to terms with the fact that it will probably never happen unless I go to a festival or one-off gig, like ProgPower USA, which is the only thing America has as far as festivals for underground bands of that variety.

Butcher of Birth
04-10-2009, 09:27 PM
I feel that Dominate is more widely known, but like you said, in my group of fans that's prob. the big one haha. I love Masterplan, their 1st album is always in my 6 Disc Deck in my Jeep, "Sail On" has gotta be my favorite.

And yeah, PowerProg usually has the bands I want, but sadly never the same year haha.

JuuKun
04-11-2009, 06:57 AM
2.Adagio, haha, funny. Yes, like that band will ever tour America.

We can hope eh? :)

Fuck putting a feud to rest, Dave:

MEGADETH, TAROT, AND MORGANA LEFAY FOR GIGANTOUR 2009!

ChildrenofSodom
04-11-2009, 07:03 AM
GRAVE DIGGER!!

mankvill
04-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Megadeth / Anal Cunt US tour

ChildrenofSodom
04-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Who says its even Megadeth? Maybe its an MD.45 reunion.

JRA
04-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Ok, last I checked Megadeth made nice with Pantera right around when Dimebag died. Didn't he host the "Dimebag tribute" on Headbangers ball or something?

2nd of all, as far as I know Megadeth has NEVER had a feud with Anthrax.

HugeRockStar
04-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Here's a quote from Dave in a new interview on Blabbermouth:

"This is one of the most exciting stretches of my life. Shit, I was just talking to [METALLICA drummer Lars] Ulrich the other day on the phone, and asking me to go to [METALLICA's Rock And Roll] Hall Of Fame [induction] and although we have differing opinions on what person should be inducted for it or not, and it didn't turn out that he felt that I should be inducted, so I passed but I talked to him. And people are asking about us doing dates with SLAYER again...''

Looks like the tour will be with Slayer.

Butcher of Birth
04-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Yeah I just read that post aswell, sadly I'm not happy with Slayer being mentioned for the tour lol. Ofcourse I'm not a fan of slayer at all, but I had to sit through the confession and in this moment for Megadeth last time, so I can suffer through slayer lol. any tour with Megadeth I'll still go.

mankvill
04-11-2009, 10:27 AM
suffer through slayer

:flame::flame::mad::mad::finger2::finger2:

b1indedbyfear
04-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Slayer shows>>>>>Megadeth shows

I dont see how people could like one and not the other.

Butcher of Birth
04-11-2009, 11:29 AM
You must be a slayer fan then haha

b1indedbyfear
04-11-2009, 11:35 AM
They are both my top 5 fav bands. I get liking both or neither, but I dont see liking one and not the other. Id rather it be Slayer and Megadeth than Metallica and Megadeth though.

TonyD
04-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Let's hope it's worth the hype, I'm just gonna sit back and watch.

:lame:

There is no sarcasm button on my keyboard.

es156
04-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Let's hope it's worth the hype, I'm just gonna sit back and watch.

There is no sarcasm button on my keyboard.

You must have a defective keyboard.

es156
04-11-2009, 12:48 PM

You must have a defective logic board.

Butcher of Birth
04-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Yeah Megadeth is amazing live. Always putting on awesome shows, with little to no mess ups. There is always a great story to be told. I've heard Slayer on their 2007 tour were trash. My friend who used to be pretty into Slayer saw them with Unearth and came away from it thinking it was garbage and to this day still won't listen to them.

Megadeth vs. Slayer to me comes down to the music. I'm a stickler for things like "staying in time" and also "staying in key", and raining blood is a perfect example of what I mean. The main riff is not in a key, and the little fast part that is crazy and doesn't make sense after it is very very very atonal. Megadeth however has great music all around, from solo's to drums. Out of Key not in the Musical Vocab for Dave and The Gang.

Megadeth > Slayer; Stage Show and Music.

IMO though. I'm not the standard metal fan. I don't like Pantera, Metallica, Slayer, and others.

mankvill
04-11-2009, 02:59 PM
I actually just wrote a paper on why I think Slayer is the best/most influential metal band of all time.

;) but I'll argue that later.

Butcher of Birth
04-11-2009, 03:03 PM
I actually just wrote a paper on why I think Slayer is the best/most influential metal band of all time.

I'd like to read it, because ofcourse to me, though influential, I think they are one of the worst Metal bands of all time. Based upon their music.

JRA
04-11-2009, 03:04 PM

Megadeth doesn't have extremely fucktarded fans that are notorious for ruining the experience of their live show.

Butcher of Birth
04-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Megadeth doesn't have extremely fucktarded fans that are notorious for ruining the experience of their live show.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:When I saw Nightwish with Paradise Lost back in 07 my friend's and I screamed out "SLAYER" during a song break and the singer of Paradise Lost said "Slayer?... Please No..."

JRA
04-11-2009, 03:10 PM
I'd like to read it, because ofcourse to me, though influential, I think they are one of the worst Metal bands of all time. Based upon their music.

You dare call yourself "Butcher Of Birth?" YOU POSEUR! :bouville:

DethMaiden
04-11-2009, 03:46 PM

I wasn't going to spoil the surprise for you, but there's a band called Black Sabbath that that Ozzfest guy used to be in, and they're pretty influential too I think.

Div
04-11-2009, 04:12 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:When I saw Nightwish with Paradise Lost back in 07 my friend's and I screamed out "SLAYER" during a song break and the singer of Paradise Lost said "Slayer?... Please No..."

what a pussy

the correct response to that would be to say "FUCK YEAHHHHH" and start playing raining blood

ChildrenofSodom
04-11-2009, 05:31 PM
You must have a defective logic board.

HA!

ravenheart
04-11-2009, 05:59 PM
...Megs... Megs... Megs

Woah, woah, woah. Back up a bit. Who the fuck has ever referred to Megadeth as "Megs"?

That's too fucking lame for words, right there.

Wizzbang11
04-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Isn't Megs the nickname they used to refer to megalodons in the movie Shark Attack III?

ChildrenofSodom
04-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Isn't Megs the nickname they used to refer to megalodons in the movie Shark Attack III?

Why do you know that?

mankvill
04-11-2009, 07:34 PM
I wasn't going to spoil the surprise for you, but there's a band called Black Sabbath that that Ozzfest guy used to be in, and they're pretty influential too I think.

Don't worry, I covered that too.

JRA
04-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Isn't Shark attack III the movie where the guy asks the girl if he could "take her home and eat her pussy" and she totally goes for it?

DethMaiden
04-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Don't worry, I covered that too.

:D

Influence be damned, Iron Maiden > all. :rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
04-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Isn't Shark attack III the movie where the guy asks the girl if he could "take her home and eat her pussy" and she totally goes for it?

Yes. :D

Butcher of Birth
04-11-2009, 09:21 PM
You dare call yourself "Butcher Of Birth?" YOU POSEUR! :bouville:

Poseur? I don't see any sense behind that, but sure, I'll let you go with it. Since I got the name from the Cannibal Corpse album "Butchered at Birth", I reworked it to fit most log-in character needs.

To Other Post: I've heard Megadeth called Megs by Members of the band, at shows, and on the forums for Megadeth. Because when you talk about Megadeth a lot it's nice to shorten it. Like Iron Maiden to Maiden, Sevendust to 7D, DevilDriver to DD, or even the lazy excuse of Ozzy to Ozz :lol:

Maiden33
04-11-2009, 09:41 PM

Christ, please tell me you're joking.

maidenpriest
04-11-2009, 10:04 PM

AMEN!! and im hoping that it actually is going to be slayer. not one of my favorite bands but songs like raining blood or black magic cant be denied imo. plus megadeth is one of my favorite bands :rocker:

powerslave_85
04-11-2009, 10:13 PM

http://www.meikathon.net/roflmao/facepalm4.jpg

Butcher of Birth
04-11-2009, 10:52 PM
http://www.meikathon.net/roflmao/facepalm4.jpg

hahahah If Number One doesn't approve, then idk... And Picard looks shocked... haha

TonyD
04-11-2009, 11:12 PM

That's the job of their front man, with the exception of their latest NA tour.

Butcher of Birth
04-11-2009, 11:35 PM
That's the job of their front man, with the exception of their latest NA tour.

It seems every show there is a new incident lol. But everytime I've seen them, Dave has a moment, but he is clearly in the right. The best example I have is on "Tour Of Duty" for UA, I saw them down here in Orlando and he did a Salute to The Troops thing, he talked about "Our fighting men and women..." the standard thing, and this guy infront row boo'd Dave. "Are you booing me or the troops?" to which you heard "BOTH! FUCK THAT!", and Dave had a rant. Ofcourse Megadeth being my favorite band I'm always going to back Dave lol

Altmer7989
04-12-2009, 12:46 AM
what a pussy

the correct response to that would be to say "FUCK YEAHHHHH" and start playing raining blood

That's what the guys from Anathema did once.

TonyD
04-12-2009, 12:53 AM

They can't play as fast as Slayer though. So Slayer wins amirite?

ravenheart
04-12-2009, 04:26 AM
I've heard Megadeth called Megs by Members of the band, at shows, and on the forums for Megadeth. Because when you talk about Megadeth a lot it's nice to shorten it. Like Iron Maiden to Maiden, Sevendust to 7D, DevilDriver to DD, or even the lazy excuse of Ozzy to Ozz :lol:

I've just never noticed anyone waste their time shortening Megadeth.

And shortening Sevendust to 7D is ridiculous. It's three syllables however you say it. Shorter to type, yes, but I've still never seen anyone do that.

The only one I can think of seeing with any regularity is A7X for Avenged Sevenfold, which is actually reasonably clever, as loser scene kid abbreviations go (I therefore suspect the band came up with it rather than the fans).

b1indedbyfear
04-12-2009, 06:27 AM
I know on the internet people say LOG, COB, A7X, etc but I never have heard anybody actually use them while talking. I hope that I dont either.

ravenheart
04-12-2009, 06:50 AM
I know on the internet people say LOG, COB, A7X, etc but I never have heard anybody actually use them while talking. I hope that I dont either.

Actually, I have heard people say "LOG" and "COB". Lame, but true.

mankvill
04-12-2009, 07:12 AM

But that's too easy. And I'm a bigger fan of Slayer.

I don't think I could write a long enough paper on the influence of Sabbath or Maiden, because it's too easy. Slayer may not be the most influential, but that's why I can write a good argument supporting it.

b1indedbyfear
04-12-2009, 08:29 AM
I dont think 1 band is the most influential of all time. Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Slayer are all influential.

Maiden33
04-12-2009, 08:30 AM
I dont think 1 band is the most influential of all time. Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Slayer are all influential.

Slayer can't even begin to compete with the other 3 bands you mentioned.

DethMaiden
04-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Slayer could be potentially the most influential for "extreme metal" subgenres, but nah, it's probably Venom (as much as I prefer Slayer).

Maiden33
04-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Slayer could be potentially the most influential for "extreme metal" subgenres, but nah, it's probably Venom (as much as I prefer Slayer).

Yeah, this helps prove my point. Slayer has a lot of influence... within a particular subgenre or two of metal. The thing that makes bands like Sabbath, Maiden, and Priest the absolute kings of influence is that, generally, bands in almost every conceivable metal subgenre are influenced by them, either directly or indirectly.

DethMaiden
04-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Yeah, this helps prove my point. Slayer has a lot of influence... within a particular subgenre or two of metal. The thing that makes bands like Sabbath, Maiden, and Priest the absolute kings of influence is that, generally, bands in almost every conceivable metal subgenre are influenced by them, either directly or indirectly.

I can justify putting Venom on the same tier as Sabbath, Maiden, and Priest just because that "black metal" thing they made up pretty much created thrash, black metal, and death metal, which in themselves are very diverse. I'd also consider putting Rush that high because, while not really being all that metal, they made prog heavy, which is pretty much what every genre starts to do at some point.

Wizzbang11
04-12-2009, 09:06 AM

Yeah, its also home to such awesome quotes as:
"You'll make one hell of a submariner (he pronounces it sub-marine-er) one day"
"This thing will blow a hole, clear through the hull of a battleship.'yeah? what about a shark?'"
"You're extinct mothafucka!"
"Megala-who? hahhaa"

It also uses the same super imposed shark clip for eveyr shark scene. Honestly, its on of the funniest things I've seen. And it's not one of those bad movies that every few minutes has something unintentionally funny happen, its non stop porn quality acting, horrid special effects and unbelievably stupid plot twists.
I haven't seen Shark Attacks I & II, but I can only hope they are as good...

Butcher of Birth
04-12-2009, 11:26 AM
I've just never noticed anyone waste their time shortening Megadeth.

And shortening Sevendust to 7D is ridiculous. It's three syllables however you say it. Shorter to type, yes, but I've still never seen anyone do that.

The only one I can think of seeing with any regularity is A7X for Avenged Sevenfold, which is actually reasonably clever, as loser scene kid abbreviations go (I therefore suspect the band came up with it rather than the fans).

haha I meant SOLELY on the internet/text. I've never called any band by one of those shortened names. Closest I have is Maiden, Priest, Dimmu, Corpse, etc. Yeah, I've never heard anyone outside of spelling it out through text call those bands by those names.

And yeah, Sabbath, Maiden and Priest are the 3 Golden Influencial Bands. They Cover all Sides, they influenced the ones we argue to be most influencial. Where would The Big Four be without those Big 3. AC/DC, KISS, Zepplin, and Aerosmith spun into your 80's Glam Rock, and I still to this day don't see any metal in any one of those bands (though KISS was close with some songs). Slayer has really ONLY influenced the Sub Genres. From Death Metal to Nu-Metal, they all draw/claim influence from Slayer. But they have no claim in bands like Rhapsody of Fire, Into Eternity, Sevendust, Turisas, Symphony X.

And if you didn't write a paper on why Maiden and others are not the most influencial metal bands because "that would be too easy", it basically says to me "those bands are the most influencial, but I'm not gonna opt-out to them and go for something deeper that is not as true."

Wizzbang11
04-12-2009, 11:51 AM
But there is no argument in a statement like "Maiden was an extremely influential metal band"
If you are writing something persuasive, which most school related papers are (I'm assuming this is for school), then you need to actually go about proving some point, regardless of whether its true or not, or whether you believe it or not.

Plus, while I don't like anything post Show No Mercy, I would have to say that Slayer is certainly a major influence on many metal bands. I doubt Judas Priest influence bands like Bolt Thrower, Insect Warfare or Pig Destroyer, which are all pretty much agreed upon metal bands. The members may listen to it, but it does not reflect their sound.
I also would be willing to bet that the members of Turisas or one of the other bands you listed like Slayer, even though they don't sound like Slayer.

I'm not saying Slayer are more influential than Sabbath, but they are pretty damn important in the sound of metal today.

SomewhereInTime72
04-12-2009, 12:04 PM
If I were to make a list of top 10 most influential metal bands, Slayer would definitely have to be part of it... but to be the most influential or even in the top 3?? It just wouldn't make sense. ;)

edit: I keep reading this thread title as smashing a potential Freud, which makes very little sense and would be alarming, if anything.

300%_Density
04-12-2009, 05:28 PM
So it really didn't take very long for the topic of who Megadeth might take them on tour to go to band abbreviations...to who is the most influential...to Shark Attack (which I've never heard of but sounds pretty horrible but in a good way)? This is treading on Blabbermouth territory...

Butcher of Birth
04-12-2009, 06:22 PM
So it really didn't take very long for the topic of who Megadeth might take them on tour to go to band abbreviations...to who is the most influential...to Shark Attack (which I've never heard of but sounds pretty horrible but in a good way)? This is treading on Blabbermouth territory...

Eh I suppose we lost track, but that point was made on page 2 or 3 haha, we progressed to talk about the band in question.

ravenheart
04-13-2009, 09:27 AM
AC/DC, KISS, Zepplin, and Aerosmith spun into your 80's Glam Rock, and I still to this day don't see any metal in any one of those bands (though KISS was close with some songs).

Not so sure about Zeppelin here, but you should definitely be including Alice Cooper in that list. Major influence on all '80s rock.

And I'd say there's maybe one band who's influence crosses the genres. Deep Purple. Maiden do what they do because of Purple (amongst others) for instance.

Personally, I'd say you can cover the entire spectrum of rock and metal influence with Sabbath, Zeppelin and Purple.

Maiden33
04-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Personally, I'd say you can cover the entire spectrum of rock and metal influence with Sabbath, Zeppelin and Purple.

I'd say there's a pretty big amount of truth to this.

powerslave_85
04-13-2009, 12:24 PM
I'd say you'd have to add at least The Beatles to that, maybe the Stones and The Kinks as well.

JRA
04-13-2009, 01:05 PM
I'd say you'd have to add at least The Beatles to that, maybe the Stones and The Kinks as well.

The Kinks, yes. The Stones, maybe. The Beatles, no.

SomewhereInTime72
04-13-2009, 01:18 PM
The Beatles, no.

:mad: :nonono:

JRA
04-13-2009, 01:27 PM
:mad: :nonono:

The Beatles would have minimal influence if anything, and that's only because of the fact that they've influenced everything and everyone.

powerslave_85
04-13-2009, 02:06 PM
The Beatles would have minimal influence if anything, and that's only because of the fact that they've influenced everything and everyone.
So...they don't count as an influence because they influenced everyone? :confused:

JRA
04-13-2009, 02:23 PM
So...they don't count as an influence because they influenced everyone? :confused:

Look, as much as I like the Beatles, I just get really fucking annoyed when Beatlemanaics say "Oh the Beatles influenced this, the Beatles influenced that," I mean yea, the Beatles influenced metal, but it's so minimal its like saying Jimi Hendrix influenced rap. Metal got its foundations from the likes of The Kinks, Cream, Blue Cheer, etc. anything else is just baby boomers trying to make their favorite teenage band more important than they really are.

ravenheart
04-13-2009, 04:09 PM

Nah. Loads of guys say they make music because of the Beatles, or the Beatles are the reason they got into music in the first place, but there's next to no Beatles influence in metal at all. The older metal guys heard Beatles songs as kids and thought "I want to make music too!". Not "Oooh, that sounds good, I want to make music like that and change it a little".

Whereas metal guys who hear Sabbath want to make music like Sabbath.

Big difference.

DethMaiden
04-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Nah. Loads of guys say they make music because of the Beatles, or the Beatles are the reason they got into music in the first place, but there's next to no Beatles influence in metal at all. The older metal guys heard Beatles songs as kids and thought "I want to make music too!". Not "Oooh, that sounds good, I want to make music like that and change it a little".

Whereas metal guys who hear Sabbath want to make music like Sabbath.

Big difference.

"Helter Skelter" was the first metal song, goddammit! :mad:

ravenheart
04-13-2009, 04:20 PM
"Helter Skelter" was the first metal song, goddammit! :mad:

Yeah, and Come On In My Kitchen was the first rap song :tp:

ChildrenofSodom
04-13-2009, 05:01 PM
There seems to be an 'invasion theory' about metal and rock, in that alot of people proclaim that The Beatles influenced every rock and metal band, and it seems to me that that is only so because they came first. I mean, you could make the argument that Hank Williams Sr had more of an influence on guitar-playing music than the Beatles, and you would be correct, because he came first.

The Beatles are alright, but they seem to have attained an almost god-like status in American music....

Butcher of Birth
04-13-2009, 07:38 PM
I'll stick with my Elvis and Big Band lol. Might not have influenced Metal, but hey, good tunes lol. :D

jeremysaal
04-13-2009, 08:19 PM
If Megadeth and Slayer tour together, I am totally getting kicked out of the house. I promised my wife that I wouldn't fly to any more shows until Maiden toured again.

I'll miss her...

:rocker:

ravenheart
04-14-2009, 01:07 AM
The Beatles are alright, but they seem to have attained an almost god-like status in American music....

In American music? You should try living over here!! They've achieved a god-like status in every area of everything!

jaysadler2
04-14-2009, 01:44 AM
Megadeth will support Metallica on there North America leg of the tour

ChildrenofSodom
04-14-2009, 11:01 AM
In American music? You should try living over here!! They've achieved a god-like status in every area of everything!

Yeah, I mean, its kinda obnoxious. In my opinion, i dont think their message (or at least John's) has been conveyed very honestly, seeing as how the peace sign is now a fashion symbol more than anything else.

HugeRockStar
04-16-2009, 02:48 PM
From bravewords.com:

BraveWords.com inside sources have confirmed that SLAYER and MEGADETH will be joining forces for a tour, this fall.

The trek is expected to be officially announced in May. Stay tuned for further updates.

TonyD
04-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Now I don't have to go see them open for Manson.

Butcher of Birth
04-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Now I don't have to go see them open for Manson.

yeah, and pay a lot less while your at it. For Slayer fans, it's good news. The price different from Megadeth to Mayhem is sooo rewarding for the Megadeth/Slayer show.

mankvill
04-16-2009, 05:44 PM
From bravewords.com:

BraveWords.com inside sources have confirmed that SLAYER and MEGADETH will be joining forces for a tour, this fall.

The trek is expected to be officially announced in May. Stay tuned for further updates.

:party::party::party:

Wizzbang11
04-16-2009, 08:23 PM
You know I honestly was not aware they had a feud.
Eh, I might go if it's not too expensive.
Mayhem's got Cannibal and Behemoth, so I'd rather go there.

b_halperin
04-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Megadeth will support Metallica on there North America leg of the tour

From bravewords.com:

are they touring with slayer or metallica? or both?