PDA

View Full Version : Car And Driver Magazine Publish Degrading Material About Fans of Death Metal

jeremysaal
04-08-2009, 08:06 PM
I found an ignorant article tonight on Yahoo, which included very inappropriate stereotypes of death metal fans. Basically, the author of this article stated that fans of death metal are drug addicted ex-cons with toothless children. The article is titled: 10 Used Cars to Avoid. The final section of this article includes the quotes that I am referring to and is titled: Any Camaro Wearing Death Metal Stickers. I can't believe this crap!

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/909/10-used-cars-to-avoid/;_ylc=X3oDMTE1N2g4Z2k1BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLXRv ZGF5BHNsawN1c2VkLWNhcnM-,

HOW TO SEND A LETTER TO THE EDITOR:
Editors@CARandDRIVER.com

I sent a letter to the editor this evening, expressing my dissatisfaction and demanded a retraction and a printed apology. Hopefully, those of you who are as pissed off as I was will send emails to the editors too.

mankvill
04-08-2009, 08:17 PM
I'd think a redneck car fan would be more into meth than someone with a Slayer sticker :lol:

powerslave_85
04-08-2009, 08:20 PM
I thought it was funny. The whole thing was pretty tongue-in-cheek.

jeremysaal
04-08-2009, 08:22 PM
I'd think a redneck car fan would be more into meth than someone with a Slayer sticker :lol:

Exactly! Punks!

:lame:

powerslave_85
04-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Punks who are rednecks? Does not compute.

DethMaiden
04-08-2009, 08:32 PM

There is a Jackyl song called "Redneck Punk".

:snivel:

jeremysaal
04-08-2009, 08:36 PM
I thought it was funny. The whole thing was pretty tongue-in-cheek.

Not a big tongue-in-cheek fan here, though I'm glad that you were able to see humor in it.

I just felt that the article was totally inappropriate. He alienated a group of people and made false accusations about their lifestyle. Pure ignorance on his part.

jeremysaal
04-08-2009, 08:41 PM

:lol:

Maiden33
04-08-2009, 08:50 PM
That's pretty funny, and pretty standard as far as "let's make fun of metal-ish people" goes. Not worth being that upset about.

SomewhereInTime72
04-08-2009, 10:48 PM
METAL IS FOR STUPID TOUGH GUY DRUG ADDICTS WHO ARE STILL ANGRY LIKE THEYRE 13!!!! GROW UP MANBOYS!!!

ChildrenofSodom
04-08-2009, 11:19 PM
If you're addicted to meth, what function does music serve in your life? I would think meth is probably your only stimulus, and listening to music only takes up your 'meth time.'

ravenheart
04-09-2009, 01:25 AM
If you're addicted to meth, what function does music serve in your life? I would think meth is probably your only stimulus, and listening to music only takes up your 'meth time.'

Ask Travis Meeks.

zgodt
04-09-2009, 05:50 AM
I'm all for sending letters to the editor.... but dude. Genocide in Sudan. Pro-rape law in Afghanistan. Corrupt execs here reaping millions in bonuses while the rest of us get the shaft. The war on drugs. Racism, homophobia, sexism. And the thing that gets your dander up, that finally pushes you over the edge to write a letter, is this?

ChildrenofSodom
04-09-2009, 07:04 AM
I'm all for sending letters to the editor.... but dude. Genocide in Sudan. Pro-rape law in Afghanistan. Corrupt execs here reaping millions in bonuses while the rest of us get the shaft. The war on drugs. Racism, homophobia, sexism. And the thing that gets your dander up, that finally pushes you over the edge to write a letter, is this?

Don't forget goddamn pirates.

JRA
04-09-2009, 07:12 AM
I like how it accuses them of having "3 kids by 4 different mothers." That's quite a lot of pussy for their image of a death-metal fan. :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
04-09-2009, 07:37 AM
I like how it accuses them of having "3 kids by 4 different mothers." That's quite a lot of pussy for their image of a death-metal fan. :lol:

Not only that, but that math doesnt work out. Plus they write for a fucking car magazine....I bet they're sipping the fanciest Boones Farm tonight..

Div
04-09-2009, 10:46 AM
im a subscriber to car & driver, i enjoy reading their reviews, even though some people get angry that they suck BMW's dick so much (rightfully so imo).

i dont think that this article was meant to be taken too seriously. although the author was probably ignorant to death metal, you have to admit alot of death metal fans are fucking stupid.

powerslave_85
04-09-2009, 10:49 AM
even though some people get angry that they suck BMW's dick so much (rightfully so imo).
Rightfully so that they get angry about it, or that the magazine suck's BMW's dick? Because I would agree with the latter. Those Germans sure can build a car.

Div
04-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Rightfully so that they get angry about it, or that the magazine suck's BMW's dick? Because I would agree with the latter. Those Germans sure can build a car.

guess i should have worded that better. i meant that 'rightfully so' because BMW's are amazing machines and deserve the praise.

but some of the letters to the editor are fun to read, "Dear C/D, I am proud of you guys for not awarding the winner of this years Corvette Shoot-Out to BMW."

ADD
04-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Yaddida

JRA
04-09-2009, 02:58 PM
To be honest jeremy, because I mentally associate you as being pals with es156 (someone who would probably spit the exact same venom about death metal and its fans), I'm kinda surprised that you would be offended by this.

es156
04-09-2009, 05:08 PM
To be honest jeremy, because I mentally associate you as being pals with es156 (someone who would probably spit the exact same venom about death metal and its fans), I'm kinda surprised that you would be offended by this.

He is a death metal fan. Just because I am not a fan doesn't mean I have a problem with those who are.

JRA
04-09-2009, 05:15 PM
He is a death metal fan. Just because I am not a fan doesn't mean I have a problem with those who are.

True. :hmm:

mankvill
04-09-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm not offended because I'd probably be offended at the average person who reads "Car And Driver" magazinel

Div
04-09-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm not offended because I'd probably be offended at the average person who reads "Car And Driver" magazinel

:confused:

mankvill
04-09-2009, 05:30 PM
:confused:

:allan: rednecks

ChildrenofSodom
04-09-2009, 09:53 PM
i dont think that this article was meant to be taken too seriously. although the author was probably ignorant to death metal, you have to admit alot of death metal fans are fucking stupid.

A girl at OSU told me she didn't listen to death metal because 'she enjoyed life and living' and 'that screamo stuff is for depressed, school shooters.'

SomewhereInTime72
04-09-2009, 10:03 PM
A girl at OSU told me she didn't listen to death metal because 'she enjoyed life and living' and 'that screamo stuff is for depressed, school shooters.'

lol ohio

ChildrenofSodom
04-09-2009, 10:11 PM
lol ohio

Speaking of cars, meth, and rednecks......

powerslave_85
04-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Haha.

es156
04-10-2009, 06:57 AM

Not necessarily in that order, right? ;)

jeremysaal
04-13-2009, 08:53 PM

Ha ha! One day, I'll talk Eric into a Napalm Death show. One day...!

The article annoyed me because millions read it and it unfairly alienated a select group of people. To me, it was no different than deterring people from buying vehicles from individuals due to their ethnicity.

Someone has to stand up for our fellow metal heads!

powerslave_85
04-14-2009, 06:48 AM
To me, it was no different than deterring people from buying vehicles from individuals due to their ethnicity. Uh...no.